Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [OOC][PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1344782577' post='6005074']

How very modest of you. :P
I think almost everyone on this RP is rather experienced (I dont know about Clear or TAGM3). Got Merciful, you, me, Finalfan, Aesir as the host, Otaku, [b]Beginning,[/b] Admiral, Galesonic and Piercer. We're all quite experienced, aren't we?
[/quote]

Really, aww thank you I feel honored because I'm pretty new to this RP thing (I do apply to a lot of things though lol).

You roleplay really well, Beginning, for a newbie roleplayer. I really do commend you for your performance as Dorian and Butler from the Hearts of Darkness, their portrayals are outstanding and in a way set half the current carnival's plots in action, what with Amber running about panickedly, and Josep, the catalyst for the RP's final stage, being really pissed off with him.

You deserve an award. Like, 'Best Newbie Roleplayer'. Honestly, you deserve it.

[quote]Alright, I've changed Metang and Hippopotas to Onix and Numel. Hoping that suffices =/[/quote]

Ummm...Aesirson? Is Onix really okay? I mean, it IS a pretty big Pokemon....

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1344787576' post='6005159']
Really, aww thank you I feel honored because I'm pretty new to this RP thing (I do apply to a lot of things though lol).
[/quote]

Really?! You seemed really good at it, and had 4 stars, so I presumed you were experienced and had been posting a lot, and I had perhaps missed it due to absence.
Did you by any chance write stories or fan-fiction before becoming an RPer?

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1344789472' post='6005172']
Really?! You seemed really good at it, and had 4 stars, so I presumed you were experienced and had been posting a lot, and I had perhaps missed it due to absence.
Did you by any chance write stories or fan-fiction before becoming an RPer?
[/quote]

Yay I'm good, but I tried RPing on Facebook as a bleach thing...was voted worst person ever lol..so I stopped. Then I saw the RP section here and was like let's give it a shot. First one Heart of Darkness (yay it worked out) a slew of dead ones, then Return, Beloved, and Now this. I mean if you want proof of my newness just look at the two apps I submitted for Teen Titans.

I only wrote one fanfiction once ever and it was a Naruto one where I kill Sakura lol

I got my stars because I was an active commentator of cards lol (no one comments on my stuff but hey off topic lol)

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1344788931' post='6005167']
You roleplay really well, Beginning, for a newbie roleplayer. I really do commend you for your performance as Dorian and Butler from the Hearts of Darkness, their portrayals are outstanding and in a way set half the current carnival's plots in action, what with Amber running about panickedly, and Josep, the catalyst for the RP's final stage, being really pissed off with him.

You deserve an award. Like, 'Best Newbie Roleplayer'. Honestly, you deserve it.

Ummm...Aesirson? Is Onix really okay? I mean, it IS a pretty big Pokemon.... [b](In the anime Onix lost to Meowth because it got hit with two buckets of water -____- it should be fine)[/b]
[/quote]

Thank you I feel loved, especially since HoD is my first on this site AND I joined mega late (took two days to read that story lol). But antagonist are easy you really have to just be the biggest troll you can be. Without GMing lol.

Anywho enough Off topicness about me I don't want this locked or something I hope to be good in this one as I can see there are some experienced gamers here and an experienced host. So I can't lag...Time to shine BEAUTIFULLY!!

P.S. Beautifly is such the perfect pokemon for this character why couldn't it have switched places with Butterfree.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1344790364' post='6005187']

P.S. Beautifly is such the perfect pokemon for this character why couldn't it have switched places with Butterfree.
[/quote]

Because Butterfree is full Special Attacker due to low Attack while Beautifly can be a mixed attacker (even though Beautifly's physical move-set is really shallow). yes I'm taking this from a Pokemon Online user point of view x.x

Butterfree is offensive and powerful, Beautifly is balanced.
I figured that out from playing the games. I remember that time when I played Pokemon Yellow. I COULDN'T DEFEAT THAT IDIOT BROCK, at least not until I was forced to level up my Level 3ish Caterpie all the way to Level 10 for it to evolve into a Butterfree who knows Confusion e_e then I finally managed to that cruel Rock Gym Leader.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1344791529' post='6005212']
Butterfree is offensive and powerful, Beautifly is balanced.
I figured that out from playing the games. I remember that time when I played Pokemon Yellow. I COULDN'T DEFEAT THAT IDIOT BROCK, at least not until I was forced to level up my Level 3ish Caterpie all the way to Level 10 for it to evolve into a Butterfree who knows Confusion e_e then I finally managed to that cruel Rock Gym Leader.
[/quote]

Really? If you chose either Squirtle or Bulbasaur it should've been relatively easy, and with Charmander all you had to do was evolve it to learn Iron Tail.
In Game I just spam power attacks. It works until you get to battle tower or something. I've never lost a story game battle, the only times I've restarted was when I've failed to catch Legendaries.

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1344790570' post='6005190']
Sure Onix is a big Pokémon, but so is Lapras and that's fine. Besides, I think Rose is a reasonable enough person to let Onix out in small spaces :P
[/quote]

Not to mention Lapras is a lot more powerful than Onix, and the last time I used a Lapras in RP it was ultra-almost-god-moddish-powerful, only excusable because my character was a former champion.
Come to think of it, Arcanine's also extremely power, [s]the most powerful, non-(psuedo)-legendary pokémon there is. [/s]Second most powerful now, apparently. What the hell is a stupid fossil pokémon doing ahead of Arcanine, part of the 'Legendary' species!? This is why I dont like Unova.
I loved Arcanine. :'(

Aaaaannyway, yay! Start, start, start, start, (Chant along), start, start...

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1344782577' post='6005074'] I think almost everyone on this RP is rather experienced (I dont know about Clear or TAGM3). Got Merciful, you, me, Finalfan, Aesir as the host, Otaku, Beginning, Admiral, Galesonic and Piercer. We're all quite experienced, aren't we? [/quote]

Well I'm not saying I'm perfect but I've been Roleplaying for 4 years now, I am experienced. So don't worry about anything, I'm definately not a beginner :P

S'okay. It'll evolve eventually, but I'm fine with just a Growlithe for now. It means it can be like a Mascot pokémon aswell, as in it walks around with him.

[quote name='Otaku-sama' timestamp='1344807063' post='6005504']
In Pokemon RPs, I believe there is no reason to be power hungry and get all the most powerful Pokemon in your party. All that would do is take out all the fun for the rest of the RPers and yourself when you are annihilating all of the enemies with a single Tackle or something.
[/quote]

I just liked both Arcanine and Umbreon, but I use Eevee evolutions a bit too much and Arcanine would make for a more balanced team, aswell as being more realistic from a semi-pro trainer.
I'm not trying to be power-hungry, and If I create a powerful character I will almost always make him a character that either holds back a lot, or has certain flaws in his own personality that lead to certain losses.

Sorry for not responding to anything, but I have been hanging out with friends lately. I don't mind who my roomate is. I'm amazed I was recognized as an experienced rper. I still consider myself high novice/low intermediate compared to people like weirdguy. Just curious, am I the only one that is starting with two pokemon.

[quote name='Piercer of the Heavens' timestamp='1344809271' post='6005543']
Sorry for not responding to anything, but I have been hanging out with friends lately. I don't mind who my roomate is. I'm amazed I was recognized as an experienced rper. I still consider myself high novice/low intermediate compared to people like weirdguy. Just curious, am I the only one that is starting with two pokemon.
[/quote]

By Experienced, I mean anyone I've seen RP in a lot of RPs, and has good writing skills. You have both.

EDIT

Added personalities to my Pokémon. I seem to be putting too much effort than necessary into my app.

Also, I'm not gonna post tonight because it's late and I want to get a good first post.

Archived