Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [OOC][PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1344869322' post='6006388']
Meh.

In any case, tell Michael that Noctowl learns 'Roost' at Level 62 >.> right now it's only Level 21-ish. Can't even use Confusion yet, which would've been an awesome help. Actually, it probably leveled up after facing Dratini, so after recovering, it should be able to use that move.
[/quote]

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1344709673' post='6004255']
There's no limit to how many moves your Pokémon can know at a time (like in the anime) and I'll allow your Pokémon to know ANY moves that they are able to know in the games, including TMs, Egg Moves and Tutor moves, just don't go overboard with it. Also, your Pokémon has all abilities that the species can have in the games, including Hidden abilities, simultaneosuly.
[/quote]

He only said that we were level-restricted evolution wise. I did not think that would apply to moves.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1344869322' post='6006388']
Meh.

In any case, tell Michael that Noctowl learns 'Roost' at Level 62 >.> right now it's only Level 21-ish. Can't even use Confusion yet, which would've been an awesome help. Actually, it probably leveled up after facing Dratini, so after recovering, it should be able to use that move.
[/quote]

Roost is a Gen 4 TM, so I think that's the exception to the level clause.

Dammit.

Well, I'll just say that since Areo's Noctowl was recently evolved, it hasn't been able to learn some of the more advanced moves yet. Later on it'll probably run off after overhearing Areo complaining that he should've used Taillow, and have a solo training session~

[spoiler=And now here's the battle from Noctowl's point of view]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][center]I am a calm and curious little individual, having always lived my life that way. I can fly, and I can fight. My human partner prides me as his strongest in terms of raw power, though not in terms of speed. Only a week ago I knew little, but now I can see almost everything. I can hear almost everything. And I really do understand quite a lot going on about me lately. When I evolved from a tiny little Hoothoot into a wise and intelligent Noctowl, I thought that there would be no more need to worry.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]But I was wrong, as I have found out during a battle with a peculiar Dratini. The battle had been rather quick, too quick for the liking of an elegant fellow like myself. It began with me preparing a Hypnotize, and then as I closed in on Dratini, it sent a surprisingly powerful Blizzard towards me. Quite strange, as the tiny snakelike thing had appeared like my prey. However, I dodged it with ease, and it even left me with an opening. Well. A 'supposed' opening.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I would dive in with the move my human partner calls 'Sky Attack', and although I had been unexpectedly surprised by the Blizzard, I could always use Reflect to block any incoming attacks, which would most likely be a Physical one. Indeed, had Dratini used a move like Dragon Rush instead of Thunder, my victory would have been assured. I would've hit it, then I would've used Hypnosis during its moment of weakness, and finally go for the win with a Tackle while it remained [i]sleeping[/i].[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]But it is precisely because the Pokemon had used the specific move 'Thunder', a move that creates lightning, that I was stricken down. I shielded myself with Reflect, but I must admit I took quite a blow there. Had my human partner warned me before about this prey being capable of electric attacks, I may have been more careful. But no, perhaps he didn't know that too. Still, the fault rests on me for having been incapable of dodging that one attack.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Alas, refusing to accept loss, I sacrificed the rest of my power in an attempt to bring the Dratini down with me, but now as I recover from the fatal blast and the strain I had caused myself, I know that I had failed. And there is my human partner now, muttering to himself. He is saying that he should have the bird called 'Taillow' instead, that idiot who would never quiet down. But I am the only one capable of defeating strong Pokemon. That is my purpose, and I understand that.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]If I cannot fulfill my purpose as a Pokemon to lead victory for my partner and restore his pride, what good am I...?[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]There is a secluded Durant colony of that I have discovered recently on one of my private scouts. I will have to leave my partner for a bit. I will need to train alone for a while once I recover, but I will also need a reliable source of food. I shall steal from the Durants, and as I hold the power of flight, they will all be no match against me.[/font]

Soon.[/center]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][/spoiler][/font]

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1344869923' post='6006394']
Chinese Time zone I woke up with 149 notifications see the catch-up in that lol

Anyway most of those are just Icy and Areo flirting though lol
[/quote]
[quote name='Otaku-sama' timestamp='1344871258' post='6006407']
I would have my character comment on it, but frankly I couldn't be bothered to read pages of posts with just two characters flirting. Perhaps my next post I will make some comments on it.
[/quote]
Well I see people are getting "annoyed" with our antics so from now on if Ice flirts or does something awkward then I'll make sure there's more to the post than just flirting.

Actually, I said that moves weren't limited levelwise, but that you shouldn't go crazy about it. I would actually say that a Dratini who is around Level 20 knowing both Blizzard and Thunder to be the limit of how crazy I'll allow it to be, even if it learned both moves from TMs.

Anyway, I will have Redwood call out volunteers for the next battle, and Cam will be one of them, so whoever wants to battle next will face him.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1344874741' post='6006469']
I chose my line-up so I could have an anti-bird pokemon (its how I play games too big moves early lol) but those are the only two I had planned on using anyway with Dratini.

P.S. what is steel strong against?
[/quote]

[s]I think it's only Rock. Ground perhaps?[/s]

Ice aswell, yeah. Rock and Ice. Immune to Poison. Dont know about any thing else though.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1344874741' post='6006469']
I chose my line-up so I could have an anti-bird pokemon (its how I play games too big moves early lol) but those are the only two I had planned on using anyway with Dratini.

P.S. what is steel strong against?
[/quote]

Strong against: Flying, Ice, Rock, Steel, Ghost, Psychic, Grass, Normal, Dragon, Bug and Dark
Immune to: Poison
Weak to: Fighting, Fire, Ground
Neutral damage: Water, Electric

Archived