Possible September Ban List

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1344652680' post='6003594']
[b]Edit:[/b] This is apparently a fake.
[/quote]I hope your right. There are a few things I was fine with from this, but overall it was going to screw me over financially.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it doesn't look too bad. Wish they would've hit more stuff, but stil- wait! Is that Pot of Avarice? Okay, now I'm mad.

[color=#333333]Forbidden:[/color]
[color=#333333]Stratos[/color] -/- [color=#008000]I really need to look up other archtype/formats. :/[/color]
[color=#333333]Brionac[/color] -/- [color=#008000]^[/color]
[color=#333333]Future Fusion[/color] -/- [color=#008000]I am a-okay with this![/color]
[color=#333333]Heavy Storm[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Noooooooooo![/color]

[color=#333333]Limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Red-eyes Darkness Metal[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Here comes that deja vu again[/color].
[color=#333333]Inzektor Centipede[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Wrong one yah idgits![/color]
[color=#333333]Rescue Rabbit[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Better than semi'd, imo.[/color]
[color=#333333]Wind-Up Zenmaity[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Wrong one... again.[/color]
[color=#333333]One Day of Peace[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Meh, we'll live. (People mostly rage about this anyways.)[/color]
[color=#333333]Ultimate Offering[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Why should care? Most people [b]do[/b] special summon anyways.[/color]

[color=#333333]Semi-limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Book of Moon[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Ah, bad decisions. You never cease to amaze. This is not a good idea, under any circumstances.[/color]
[color=#333333]Pot of Avarice[/color] -/- [color=#008000]This is probably the worst thing I've seen put in one of these lists. (Even worse than DMoC at 1.) You might as well give us PoG back![/color]

[color=#333333]Unlimited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Spore[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Mistake #3 = Fixed (And that raps everything up, folks!)[/color]
[color=#333333]Tragoedia[/color] -/- [color=#008000]Ehhh, whhhyyyyy?[/color]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1344652680' post='6003594']
[b]Edit:[/b] This is apparently a fake.
[/quote]
Oh thank Konami! My heart [color=#ffffff][size=1]of the cards[/size][/color] hurt for a second there!

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1344653711' post='6003605']
I hope your right. There are a few things I was fine with from this, but overall it was going to screw me over financially.
[/quote]

Exactly. This list annoys in some ways (avarice, no hornet/dragonfly hit, etc...) so hopefully it is fake.

It's not perfect, but we are talking about Konami, so it'd be never perfect. Anyway, no hit on Hornet, no hit on BLS, Tsukuyomi still banned, etc.

Inzektors got crippled but not dead.
Wind-up got severely crippled and almost no chance of doing handrape
Rabbit got shot in the balls, but still not dead.
Not even close on Chaos Dragons.
Madouche got hit...LOL
Yay for plants.
Yay for Lavals (no hit)
Yay for Heroes and Anti-meta (HS banned and no hits)

Slower format maybe? Also, no hit on Atlanteans |:

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344648213' post='6003520']
[color=#333333]Forbidden:[/color]
[color=#333333]Stratos[/color] [b]... I guess it's a necessary hit. The Shining loop was a bit much[/b]
[color=#333333]Brionac[/color] [b]f*ckin' YES!, dammit![/b]
[color=#333333]Future Fusion[/color] [b]buh-bye, 5+ mill/FHD abuse[/b]
[color=#333333]Heavy Storm[/color] ... not sure about this... Continuous/Field S/Ts can have more influence now, I guess.

[color=#333333]Limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Red-eyes Darkness Metal[/color] [b]HAW-HAW!![/b]
[color=#333333]Inzektor Centipede[/color] [b]I'd been happier with Limited D-Fly, but hey[/b]
[color=#333333]Rescue Rabbit[/color] [b]Maybe now it can be used in non-Zar Decks... aww, who am I kidding?[/b]
[color=#333333]Wind-Up Zenmaity[/color] [b]... meh, I guess this is fine for now. just kill the Rat next time, though[/b]
[color=#333333]One Day of Peace[/color] [b]Good thing Konami recognized Stall/Exodia/Countdown as a threat... wait, that didn't sound right for some reason....[/b]
[color=#333333]Ultimate Offering[/color] [b]*shrugs*[/b]

[color=#333333]Semi-limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Book of Moon[/color]
[color=#333333]Pot of Avarice[/color]
[b]@ Both: Oh, Sweet Baby Arceus... ...! @__@[/b]

[color=#333333]Unlimited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Spore[/color] [b]As long as it's not Glow-Up, I'm okay with this.[/b]
[color=#333333]Tragoedia[/color] [b]... meh, no opinion[/b]
[/quote]

Gonna work this from the perspective that it's actually true.

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344648213' post='6003520']
...so yea.
A buddy sent me this.

[url="https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/480616_321067097989615_1551313041_n.jpg"]https://sphotos-b.xx...551313041_n.jpg[/url]

[b][u][color=#333333]Forbidden:[/color][/u][/b]
[color=#333333][b]Stratos[/b] - HEROs will manage without it. It'll just have to put in another S/T, and with Heavy gone, there's not too much need to run Starlight as there was before.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Brionac[/b] - All the loops just ended. Though my fableds did technically just get hit with this.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Future[/b] [b]Fusion[/b] - Dragons start running something else.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Heavy[/b] [b]Storm[/b] - HEROs set their hand without fear. Backrow-heavy decks start being played a bit more. Next pack they release will hopefully give us a replacement.[/color]

[u][color=#333333][b]Limited:[/b][/color][/u]
[color=#333333][b]Red-eyes Darkness Metal[/b] - Dragons are not dead, but make no mistake, just because they still have one of these guys does not make them as good as they were. With only 1 REDMD left, they could get completely slaughtered by any number of trap cards, which have less fear of being taken out without Heavy in the mix. Expect Hieratics to start running Tragoedia to try and keep up the Gustaph OTKing attempts.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Inzektor[/b] [b]Centipede[/b] - This was, by and far, the safest hit for Konami. This hits the loop a little bit and makes it tougher for Inzektors to get what they want when they want. It's not perfect, but it's actually a very good hit, Inzektors will suffer because of this.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Rescue[/b] [b]Rabbit[/b] - Rabbit is severely hit. Not sure if this kills them or if they'll run Gold Sarcoph or something like that and stay afloat. That deck is really a question with Tour Guide still running about as she wants. Thank god she's being released in the OCG this year, we'll see her gone in March without a doubt. Only question I really have is how Gem-Knights fare with only one of these.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Wind-Up Zenmaity[/b] - [/color]They hit the broken card. The loop is gone. That's fine. Hunter may make them restrict what cards they can make, but it's become rather apparent that they're not really going to work much with Wind-Ups anymore anyway, so why not leave the more balanced card?

[color=#333333][b]One Day of Peace[/b] - And all the decks that use One Day of Peace don't even take a hit. This card wasn't everything for them, it was just stupidly designed on its own. One of these days, they'll have to realize that what's broken isn't the support, but what they're supporting.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Ultimate Offering[/b] - Madolches take a shot to the groin. Gadgets get wrecked. Overall, this should have happened sometime before; unlimited Normal Summoning is not okay. One of the best hits thusfar.[/color]

[u][b][color=#333333]Semi-limited:[/color][/b][/u]
[color=#333333]Book of Moon - BEST CHOICE. I love Book of Moon. This is THE swiss army knife of Yu-Gi-Oh! They've tested it at 1 and at 3. People hated it at 1 and loved it too much at 3. Hopefully they've finally found their middle ground.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Pot of Avarice[/b] - Of the choices made, this is probably worse than BLS not getting hit. They must REALLY think that Tengu was the main reason that they hit this in the first place.[/color]

[u][color=#333333][b]Unlimited[/b]:[/color][/u]
[color=#333333][b]Spore[/b] - Does this mean we get plants back? Or at least some sort of cool hodgepodge deck based around a plant engine? That'd be swell. Though I don't think it'll work without Glow-Up back as well. Still, this is an excellent decision that I was worried wouldn't happen.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Tragoedia[/b] - Konami has no problem with hand traps. And apparently Tragoedia isn't as bad as Gorz by wider a margin than we originally thought.[/color]
[/quote]

Assuming this is legit, they should have left Left Zenmaity at 2. Yes I am clearly bias, but hear me out....Wind-Ups major plays are usually off zenmaity...its how they generate field presence, set up combos ect ect...its pretty much their quarterback..with it at 1....the deck loses most of its utility. The main issue most players have with wind-up is the hand loop...and to a lesser extent the Rat loop that OTKs...to deal with this they should have simply banned Hunter and semi-limited Rat and Zenmaity...that way the deck cannot Hand-Loop or OTK but still be quite playable.

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1344660336' post='6003743']
Assuming this is legit, they should have left Left Zenmaity at 2. Yes I am clearly bias, but hear me out....Wind-Ups major plays are usually off zenmaity...its how they generate field presence, set up combos ect ect...its pretty much their quarterback..with it at 1....the deck loses most of its utility. The main issue most players have with wind-up is the hand loop...and to a lesser extent the Rat loop that OTKs...to deal with this they should have simply banned Hunter and semi-limited Rat and Zenmaity...that way the deck cannot Hand-Loop or OTK but still be quite playable.
[/quote]Zenmaighty is a broken piece of sh*t. If your best argument is "my deck doesn't play well without it", nut up and take it like a man.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1344660455' post='6003745']
Zenmaighty is a broken piece of sh*t. If your best argument is "my deck doesn't play well without it", nut up and take it like a man.

Hm... maybe I was a bit too harsh.
[/quote]

That was more funny than harsh...to me anyway.

I never said it was not broken....and yes that was the argument....with hunter banned, rat and zenmaity semi'ed the deck cannot loop or OTK ( if my calculations were correct)...but it can still be playable as XyzToolbox.dek

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344660563' post='6003746']
So, Winston at Worlds apparently confirmed this list...so...

Initiate Crying.exe
[/quote]

My heart is broken.....

I really liked fables too I mean With PoA at 2 I was going to go back to them..But no Brio makes me sad (well for fableds anyway)

As for the rest of the list...Problems were dealt with and that is what the banlist is supposed to do..deal with problems

Why I can't have my Earth at 2 is mystery I would like solved but maybe I just have to be a little more patient.

So this is 100% legit now?

Meh, it feels like a nice start. The big three will fall without crashing. HEROs and wind ups also injured but not murdered. No heavy, 2 book, and 2 avarice will be interesting. Still, I'm disappointed BLS, TGU, and Hornet weren't hit. No hit to Lavals so I think I want to learn to play them for my secondary deck. List is good, but not good enough I feel.

Really glad I never decided to pick up a brio B-) saved myself $10 and Atlanteans don't need it anyways.

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344660563' post='6003746']
So, Winston at Worlds apparently confirmed this list...so...

Initiate Crying.exe
[/quote]BLS
Reborn
Hornet
TGU

At least three of those four needed to be hit for everyone to be happy. This hit none of them. (ignores everything else that it did right)

PoA won't be too debilitating, but it will be interesting having it back. Spore may give Synchrocentric new life, and I hope it does. We need a skillfull deck like that to counteract the madness. And this time, the TGU's will be cheap.

BLS will still give people fits. I don't know what Konami's thinking, but this shouldn't be here. Oh well, I'll just have to get a new one after selling my last for 25... F*CK.

Now let's go through the decks that we'll be seeing this format, and the ones that were hit from last:
[b]Inzektors:[/b]
They're gonna be blackwings, aren't they? I DON'T WANT THEM AROUND FOR SIX FRICKEN FORMATS. They lost Centipede, that's essentially it. It'll cut down on their consistency, but they'll still be a 1-2-pop deck that can probably still loop just as fine as it did before. Expecting them to stay about where they are or go lower because, let's face it, no one in the TCG likes to play them anyway. In the OCG, expecting a serious drop from their perch.
[b]HEROs:[/b]
Well they lost a stupid loop play with FuFu, but no one really cares about that. Stratos is the biggy. They won't be able to throw out amazing +1+1+1 plays with Stratos and attack with five armor ninjas for game anymore, but they should stay about where they are. It was a good hit. I'm thinking that people may play Thrasher more in Bubblebeat now; less of a tech and more of a serious decision. As for HERO beat... they still have 3 E-Call and a ROTA, I say that there's not too much of a drop off there. I think they'll be top tier again this format.
[b]Verz/Dino Rabbit:[/b]
So Rabbit is now at 1. Well until TGU is released, Verz Rabbit is officially dead in the OCG! Then again, I'm not even sure if TGU can save Rabbit decks now. My guess is that they'll both die out. Leviair can't save Dino Rabbit, there's just too many counters. If someone plays this deck, it'll suddenly become combo oriented. I'm expecting tier 3 or lower for this deck. Consistency is an issue. And come March, this deck'll be dead completely.
[b]Hieratics:[/b]
Look everyone! We're saved from the loop! The TCG has escaped without a scratch. Trag @3 will be interesting, but I doubt Hieratics run more than one or two. They'll need it because of only 1 REDMD. And if they get the loop off with Trag on the field... well, frankly, your OTK will still be there. Thankfully we have a way around this! They no longer have heavy, so you're free to throw down your full field of traps set to counter any move they make! REJOICE! Probably won't move much from where it was last format.
[b]Lavals:[/b]
The questions are over, I'm building this deck. It took no hits on the list and it's only a few months away from release in the TCG. Hopefully we'll get the double foolish before too long else it's the next banlist I'm worried about. Tier 2-3 until conduction field is released.
[b]Dark Worlds:[/b]
Oh, look who else didn't get a hit. Dark Worlds remain about where they were, except now the format is coming down to size. If HEROs are one of the best decks this format, Dark Worlds may be in the top 3 as well. This could be VERY interesting, I can't wait to see where it goes.
[b]Alt Win Decks:[/b]
THEY DON'T CHANGE AT ALL! However much Konami would like you to think it, One Day of Peace isn't a hit. So go buy those Legendary Collection 3 boxes guys! Prove that this was the right call to make... Exodia and Final Countdown ARE coming in that thing, right?
[b]Wind-Ups:[/b]
The loop is dead, Wind-Ups can't spam Xyz as much as they could. That's about all you need to know. They won't be much of a threat at all this coming format.
[b]Chaos Dragons:[/b]
Getting into the thick of the TCG decks now. Chaos Dragons lost 2 cards. Number 1 was FuFu, which really isn't that big of a hit, it was merely just a "HEY, LOOK WHAT I TOPDECKED!" and win. It doesn't hurt them that much, it just takes away a random otk scenario. REDMD is obviously the big one. Everyone will argue that it's not that big of a hit since LPD can just reuse it over and over again, but the counters against it are diverse and many. Against ONE REDMD, I'm pretty sure that this deck can be killed fairly quicky with a simple Bottomless or something. The deck will still be able to throw out bosses like a... well, boss. And now they'll probably be running 3 Trag just to spite everyone. I think they'll be midrange Tier 2 or lower.

Now for the Undermeta decks:
[b]Lightsworn:[/b]
Does this mean they run trap stun and s*** again? Well they don't change, they're still as annoyingly sacky and bad as they were before.
[b]Sams:[/b]
At least they don't have 2 Shi En, am I right? Well anyway, without heavy, I say that Sams got a little bit of a boost. They could be low tier 2 this format, Tier 1 in Mexico.
[b]Watts:[/b]
They're obviously Tier 1.

[b]Think I missed a few...[/b]

Decks that are on their way:
[b]Atlanteans:[/b]
They they have a s*** ton of S/T removal in their monsters alone. As an OTK deck, you'd think Heavy would slow them down a lot, but I don't think it will. They just work too well together.
[b]Madolche:[/b]
They're still stupid, but they're not good by any means. Inconsistency is still a thing, though they won't need to worry about Heavy wiping out all their nice things anymore.
[b]Magicals:[/b]
I'm still on the "they'll be average" side of things.
[b]Rock Stun:[/b]
Because I wanted to mention them for no reason. I want them to be a good undermeta deck.

[b]Probably missed something here too...[/b]

[b]EDIT1:[/b]
[b]3 Decks to Take a Look at in a Slower Format: X-Sabers, Glad Beasts, & Ninja Variants.[/b]

Archived