Possible September Ban List

[quote name='God Machismo!!!!!' timestamp='1344664464' post='6003789']
Does this mean maining Veiler is less of a necessity?
[/quote]Probably.

You can now basically set your hand and don't have to worry about being looped in the opening turn. HEROs and Dark Worlds will be up there, and they don't really care about Veiler. Neither do most of the Atlanteans from what I can tell.

Only thing is that people are going to be running a sh*t ton of S/T removal. 3 MST and more. Night Shot is about to go up in price. Though Dust Tornado is a viable option as well.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344648213' post='6003520']
[color=#333333]Forbidden:[/color]
[color=#333333]Stratos: [b]Are HEROs really that big a deal? Sad, but acceptable and understandable. It's just WAY too good a searcher.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Brionac [b]Agreed. Too many loops and unfair OTKs are made by this being around.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Future Fusion [b]Agreed. There are too many Decks that benefit from this card, Dragons being prominent.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Heavy Storm [b]DISagree. I think Heavy Storm will bring back the "Set 4" era that made March of '11 so terrible. However, Shi En is still limited, so maybe not quite that bad. On the flip side, OTKs will lose one of their push cards, and we have plenty of more balanced removal.[/b][/color]

[color=#333333]Limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Red-eyes Darkness Metal [b]Good choice. Dragons can still use it, but they can't swarm QUITE as much, and Gustaph loses the power it has in Hieratics.[/b] [/color]
[color=#333333]Inzektor Centipede [b]Hmm...why Centipede and not Dragonfly? I can understand Hornet not being involved, because 1 is all you need, but Dragonfly -> Centipede was a power play, and similar moves can still be done with any non-Centipede Inzektor, you just wont get to search more Dragonfly/etc from Centipede.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Rescue Rabbit [b]This is a long-time coming, so I'm not surprised. My Rabbit Deck only runs 2 and still wins way more than it loses, so semi-limit would not have hurt the Deck enough.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Wind-Up Zenmaity [b]Better choice than Wind-Up Hunter, because short of outright banning Hunter, the loop with Zenmaity would still exist, and even without Hunter, Zenmaity is still potentially too much swarm power by searching Rat, reviving a Level 3, Xyzing for another, rinse and repeat. Limiting Zenmaity greatly weakens the swarm/loop potential without killing Wind-Up variants completely.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]One Day of Peace [b]This card shouldn't even exist, or should be banned, but limited is acceptable.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Ultimate Offering [b]Sure.[/b][/color]

[color=#333333]Semi-limited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Book of Moon [b]Not bad. It's an extremely versatile card, and with Heavy gone, expect it to pop up a lot and mess you up.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Pot of Avarice [b]I...don't like this. Avarice is still too good in a game that searches and mills like crazy with some decks, and it's a +1.[/b][/color]

[color=#333333]Unlimited:[/color]
[color=#333333]Spore [b]I'm undecided. Spore requires much more dedication than Bulb, since it needs Plants, and the Level effect could be interesting with Xyz, plus being restricted to 1 use per Duel. With Brio and Trish gone and Tengu semi'd, this could be a tiny boost to Synchro Decks.[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]Tragoedia [b]It's a good card, less cheap than Gorz, and very useful in an Xyz format. Not sure how this will change anything, so it's fine to me.[/b][/color]

[color=#333333]Have at it, YCM.[/color]
[/quote]

I mostly like the list, although it still seems a bit sketchy in some areas.

This list actually really helps me out a lot :D I was eventually going to get a Broniac and some more REDMD/One Days, but awesome :P

Im running Crystal Beasts so this doesn't affect me too much. Stratos I kept pulling out of the Ra Yellows... kinda annoyed me

How do you know it's the real one? Someone in another forum I'm in, gives a different list and says it is the "strongest rumour" and that it's from a reliable source (the same way OP did)...and although is is not 100% sure either, he knows what he is talking about (he wouldn't give a fake list without saying it's fake)
Also, not hitting Lavals was very expected imo. They still need to benefit from them somehow, when they come out in the TCG, no?

[quote name='-Doodle' timestamp='1344676607' post='6003867']
How do you know it's the real one? Someone in another forum I'm in, gives a different list and says it is the "strongest rumour" and that it's from a reliable source (the same way OP did)...and although is is not 100% sure either, he knows what he is talking about (he wouldn't give a fake list without saying it's fake)
Also, not hitting Lavals was very expected imo. They still need to benefit from them somehow, when they come out in the TCG, no?
[/quote]

Well, consider my source got his info from somebody at Worlds, where you would expect a list to show up...

Idk.

My friend is 85% - 90% sure
I'm about 60%.

[quote name='Cifer' timestamp='1344677335' post='6003870']
Well, consider my source got his info from somebody at Worlds, where you would expect a list to show up...

Idk.

My friend is 85% - 90% sure
I'm about 60%.
[/quote]
Well the the other list have a similier source (someone who topped Worlds says the other list is the real one and someone who also confirmed the real one last year) so I really don't know. The other list hits more stuff than this one, so I don't know which one is.maybe Ill open a thread with that one if this one is not 100% confirmed...

[quote name='-Doodle' timestamp='1344678008' post='6003874']
Well the the other list have a similier source (someone who topped Worlds says the other list is the real one and someone who also confirmed the real one last year) so I really don't know. The other list hits more stuff than this one, so I don't know which one is.maybe Ill open a thread with that one if this one is not 100% confirmed...
[/quote]

Open the thread with the other one please.

[quote name='-Doodle' timestamp='1344676607' post='6003867']
[/quote]

The other list is even less credible. A Hero Lives semi-limited? Spore and Gustkraken limited? It wouldn't make any sense at all. Not to mention that only pojoers (lol) are passing this list as fake and we know how it ended last March when they were all saying the same things as they do now.

[quote name='-Doodle' timestamp='1344678008' post='6003874']
[/quote]

I'm personally hoping this one isn't real. However, so far it's been confirmed by many. The translations also work prefectly...everything does. So...yea. crying.exe

Hornet doesn't deserve to be touched. Inzektors aren't doing anything in the TCG (the meta that matters) right now and without Hornet they would be at best Tier 3. Konami always hits the searcher of a deck so Centipede's limit makes sense.

BLS and Reborn both deserve to be banned but them staying for another format isn't too bad.

TGU is TCG only for the moment. Tengu was the exception not the rule.

PoA at 2 only helps decks that are Tier 2 at best right now. Doesn't change the meta at all.

Heavy being hit and no replacement? You have 3 MST, 3 Night Beam and 3 Dust Tornado. We have enough S/T hate to deal with Heavy's ban.

People here are always bitching at this format because it has too many OTKs. Heavy's ban exactly prevents that. With it staying in the game players are always fearful of setting more than 1 Trap on the field allowing for the other player to make easier pushes; or just use it, wipe opponent's S/T and attack for game.

What a terrible list. They solved a few problems, but they did it in such awkward ways, they might as well just have not done it.

Trag at 3 kinda pisses me off, but that's just me. So does Avarice at 2.

Oh, and I'm not even gonna mention my feelings for Heavy at 0.

[quote name='Shark_' timestamp='1344678115' post='6003876']
The other list is even less credible. A Hero Lives semi-limited? Spore and Gustkraken limited? It wouldn't make any sense at all. Not to mention that only pojoers (lol) are passing this list as fake and we know how it ended last March when they were all saying the same things as they do now.
[/quote]
That's why I'm not so sure. Also last list was short, and they even said they want to keep it short, but the said list is very long. Also Spore being limited is wierd, but what's the problem with the other 2? (I don't follow metagame so much, but I thought those are decks that should be hit..)

[quote name='Shark_' timestamp='1344679954' post='6003884']
Hornet doesn't deserve to be touched. Inzektors aren't doing anything in the TCG (the meta that matters) right now and without Hornet they would be at best Tier 3. Konami always hits the searcher of a deck so Centipede's limit makes sense.

BLS and Reborn both deserve to be banned but them staying for another format isn't too bad.

TGU is TCG only for the moment. Tengu was the exception not the rule.

PoA at 2 only helps decks that are Tier 2 at best right now. Doesn't change the meta at all.

Heavy being hit and no replacement? You have 3 MST, 3 Night Beam and 3 Dust Tornado. We have enough S/T hate to deal with Heavy's ban.

People here are always bitching at this format because it has too many OTKs. Heavy's ban exactly prevents that. With it staying in the game players are always fearful of setting more than 1 Trap on the field allowing for the other player to make easier pushes; or just use it, wipe opponent's S/T and attack for game.
[/quote]

And those cards do absolutely nothing to Set 4, summon Thunder King(Which will be the [b]KING[/b] of this format if the list is true), pass.

Archived