Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

Feredir gasped as the air left his lungs, his back now aching as he collided with the solid rock wall. Vampires definitely had the strength of the Dark Elves, and there was no way he could ever defeat them in a straight up physical contest. Gasping for breath on the floor, he merely watched as the battle ended; rather quickly, truth be told. Thanks to his distraction, Iron Dragon was able to deal with Vanir easily, and soon had him pinned to the ground.

Then came to moment to decide what to do with the hostage, each choice having significant drawbacks. Weakly, he pulled himself up off of the ground, leaning his weight against the wall. He had managed to retain a small amount of magic from his collision with Vanir's blade, allowing him to block Vanir's senses quickly, essentially knocking him unconcious, as they started to decide what they would do. "No man, no matter how bad his actions have been, deserves a cowards death like that. Not in this dingy tunnel." Feredir said, adding his opinion. "We take him with us, for what kind of beasts would we be to kill in cold blood?"

He sighed turned to lok down the tunnel, noting that there was no end in sight. "We should go. There's no telling how long this is."

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niasa rose from the bath, and strung out her hair, the water dripped into the bath, when it was finally dry she put on her silk robe and walked out of her bathroom. A knock at her door startled her.

"Come in,"Niasa said, and the maid she'd sent to her brothers room came in.

"Your brother did not come, so I decided to come here princess,"the maid said shyly.

"Oh alright then come with me please,"Niasa asked as she returned to the bathroom,"step into the pool and wet your hair please,"the maid did as she was told, and Niasa followed her into the bathroom, she toke the maid's hair in her hand, and began absent mindedly working it in her hands, how long had it been since she'd done this, not since she'd lost Alsa, normally this would have been a human, but since they were spare, the young maid would do.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân awoke with a start. He was still lying next to the spring but the beautiful woman he has seen was now gone. [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Hmm, perhaps it was an illusion brought on by exhaustion. Father told us that it could happen.[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Bull s***, Father told us that delusions could happen, she was as real as we are. That does not matter now though she is gone. Would have liked to get with her, there is no doubt about that.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Shame on you [/background][/size][/font][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân, we both know to treat women with respect before assuming any form of relationship. [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Yeah right"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân scoffed. [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"You know that you are the reason we never get any action.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Not true, if I wanted to I could get plenty of action.[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Oh really is that a bet?[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]No moron it is not, because no matter who got more action we would still be getting the same amount, us being the same person and all.[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Damn you ruin everything."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân stuck his head under the water and drank as much as he could before standing up. He picked up his helmet and started walking back towards town. [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"We need to teach that little vampire girl some manners.[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]The manors lesson of why you do not f*** with [/background][/size][/font][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân [/background][/size][/font][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Iladdrwg. [/background][/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#8b4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Or perhaps we could just let her go with a warning... on second thought your right, lets go kick the little brat around a bit."[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#ff8c00]I AM SO BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!! [/color]Was a booming voice coming from a lone tent somewhere towards the outer perimeter of camp Clarice had been growing restless not killing things and not infiltrating vampires. What was even more disappointing was that there were two splendid opportunities to engage in combat with women who could have been worth opponents, but she turned down one to pursue the other and John the killjoy had to stop the other. With night approaching quickly now it was to close to battle time to play around with the trainees even though they were clearly mentally ready. The male troops who were probably going to be dead weight anyway were just hanging on John's sac like parasites so they would most likely snitch like scared babies if she pummeled them to a pulp.

[color=#ff8c00]What to do? What to do?[/color] She said to herself as she laid on an unusually plush mattress in her tent. Normally the camp couldn't afford such provisions but with her lighting speed she was very good a looting and raiding. Hence why any female soldier that she trained was gifted armor that was a tad better than the ones John gave his men. Sure it was reckless but there has only been one instance in her entire existence where her speed was not good enough. As she laid in on her bed pretty much nude not wanting to dirty clothes unnecessarily since the massive blood shed was coming. She decided maybe it would be a good time to do a weapons inspection and check all of her non-magical blades of death. She touched the air above her and created a ripple in which she simply saw her weapons vast collection of weapons. Why did one person need so many instruments of death you ask? Well why should you not have them is the better question?

"Alright." John muttered, deciding that now was the time.

He walked out of his tent, fully clad in his signature armor, and told a few people standing around to go and gather everyone in a wide area close by but outside of the camp, and also tell them to get fully prepared, before heading off there himself. Now was the time to infiltrate Nuevida. Now was the time to achieve victory and get rid of this extinction that threatened the human race. Now was the time to tell everyone his full plan, and before the end of three days, [i]take down the tyrant Lord Elnaer.[/i]

At the spacious area was a wooden platform, which he used to stand on top of, so that everyone would be able to see him, sword in hand.

Now was the time.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Alsa von Mira and the other prisoners finally managed to leave the tunnel, and they saw that the sun had completely set. It might've already been eight or nine o'clock. And also, they just so happened to emerge from Nuevida on the opposite side of the human camp.

Vanir, captured, was merely gathering his strength for the time being so that he could escape later on. These people had been fools for letting him live, but more importantly, they were fools for letting his comrades live.

------------------------------

A crack formed over the icy sheet that covered the vampire royal guard called Kraten. All four royal guards were frozen, but they were all still very much alive. As Kraten happened to be the fattest, he also had the most body heat, and therefore he was about to be the first to escape... Lord Elnaer would have to be informed of everything.

------------------------------

Lord Elnaer simply stayed quiet, an unclothed girl bruised all over at his feet. What a weak, pathetic fool to be unable to endure even half the full intensity of his power. Her hair was the only thing untouched. The servant girl was panting heavily, her body drenched in sweat and another particular liquid which should rather be not named. Her shoulder and chest had a few deep bites, but for a vampire, it shouldn't be too serious and heal within the next month or so.

[color=darkred]"Does my sister honestly believe to calm me with such a peasant?"[/color] He asked nobody in particular, tempted to kick the girl on the ground, but didn't.

[color=darkred]"Run along then, girl. Go clean yourself or whatever."[/color] He then ordered her, though the way he pronounced 'clean' almost sounded like 'kill'.

He was annoyed, but also somewhat calmed down enough. They still had the bow. At least that was of some reassurance. Walking out his chambers, he went back up to the throne room. Multiple workers were already fixing the holes in the floor, though the library with its torn papers was a lost cause. It would have to be disposed of.

Another knock happened at the door, Niasa stood to go get it, and another servant girl lay bruised at her feet,"Oh My God what happened to you darling!?"Niasa was shocked what could have possibly done this to the poor girl.

"It was your brother my lady, you sent me up their don't you remember?"The servant asked, but that was impossible how could, the door to the bath opened, and Niasa turned with the other servant girl coming out, fire dancing in her hands, a human spy.

"You finally figured it out, yeah I am a human sp..."the girl never got to finish her sentence, because that's when Niasa stabbed her through the chest, and the now dead human dropped to the ground. Niasa then rushed to care for the girl, she grabbed one of her silk robes and threw it around the girl, then she grabbed a clean blanket and wrapped the shivering girl up, picked her up and placed her on the steps leading to the bath, so that the soothing water could get to the girl, but she wouldn't drown. Niasa looked at the girl who was now unconscious, and was filled with rage, how could her brother have down this to an innocent girl, Niasa stormed off to his quarters, still in her wet robes. Niasa past guards, servants, and anyone who got in her way was promptly pushed to the side, as she barged into her brothers room.

"Elnear how could you do that to that poor girl, I sent her up to relieve you of stress not so you could rape her!"Niasa yelled viscously energy magic crackling on her finger tips.

[color=darkred]"Oh? The girl herself did not complain nor did she say anything of the sort."[/color] Lord Elnaer responded, an annoyed look on his face. He was tempted to laugh out in insanity and simply blast his sister to dust with an energy bomb, as she was already running out of usefulness, but he refrained from doing so. She was his 'sister', as well as a member of the royal vampiric family, after all.

Ignoring the energy magic that cackled on her finger tips, he walked over to what appeared to be an empty section of the wall...but was then revealed to be a secret compartment, where a large collection of human blood was carefully preserved, in glass bottles. Taking one out, he tore the lid off and gulped down the contents of the blood directly, and blood had alcoholic properties for vampires.

Then he placed the bottle on a nearby table, a slight stain of blood around his mouth, and turned back to Niasa.

[color=darkred]"You should be smarter than this, [i]sister.[/i]"[/color] He mocked her.

"Elnear, why was blood..."she was going to finish her sentence with why was blood stored away when animal blood was easily accessible, but she put two and two together,"Elnear that's human blood isn't, what are you doing with that, that's a disgusting practice and its illegal, what has brought you to this,"Niasa's rage slowly boiling up to a point where she could not contain it any more.

"[i]You should be smarter than this, [/i]sister,"Elnear mocked. the way he said sister was like venom, like she was a bad taste in his mouth that he wanted to get rid of.

"How dare you say that, you act like I'm not related to you, like I'm a pawn in your little game, you through your own brother in a dungeon, what is wrong WITH YOU!" Niasa yelled the last to words being especially loud. The magic still crackling in her finger tips overloaded and exploded, throwing Niasa against a wall, which caused her to start bleeding in the back of her head.

At that, Lord Elnaer laughed. [color=darkred]"The only reason I kept you around was so that the blood of the royal family could remain purer, and I was planning on something along those lines sooner or later."[/color] He paused to let this sink in to his sister's bleeding head. [color=darkred]"However, I just remembered. When the next full moon comes, all humans shall be exterminated and I shall achieve immortality, therefore rendering your only use...gone."[/color]

He laughed again for a moment, a mad laugh that truly symbolized his insanity, though he halted when a few vampire guards ran in.

"S- sir?" They seemed confused at the current situation.

[color=darkred]"Ah, the princess has been feeling rather stressed lately, and thus her magic has been unstable. I fear that she is in need of a mental ward. Could you take her to one?"[/color]

The guards looked from Niasa to the Vampire Lord, figuring that he was lying and that he had done it himself. But even so, they were too afraid to question him and ran over to the princess, before trying to help her out of the wall and carry her away.

Lyon walked out of the forest, and back towards the main camp, aware that everyone should be starting to assemble by now. Walking into his tent, he detatched his weapons from his belt so he could put on his armour. Said weapons, being the crossbow over his shoulder, the hilt of a sword on his belt, and a large gourd of water on his back, were then replaced on his body, before he walked back out of the tent, across to the assembly point. Noticing his elemental students on the way, he got sidetracked checking up on them, finally making it to the wooden platform John was standing on top of. At his arrival, approximately half of the warriors in the camp had arrived, and those who had were quietly chatting amongst themselves, awaiting the arrival of the rest of the camp.

[color=#000000]It took a while, but the last few fortifications to Kaname's lab were complete. Gone was the bookcase, and the wall that it was wedged into. In their place was a new wall, which was designed to move up and down similarly to a garage door. This provided easy access for Kaname, since he actually had the strength to lift this wall, unlike any human. However, the same could be said about Lyon, or any allied vampire or hybrid for that matter. That's where the silver lining of the wall would come into play. Any vampire that touched this silver lining would have their skin burned on contact, similar to the way acid burns humans, but Kaname had special gloves that would protect him from the effects that the silver lining had on vampires. Nothing short of a natural disaster could breach his lab now.[/color]

[color=#000000]With the task done, Kaname walked up to, knocked on the door of and waited at the palace, deciding that he would pay a visit to the von Mira family after all, and perhaps relay the information that he gathered from his trip to John's camp. Or perhaps withhold the information to himself, and keep the vampire lord unaware of the infiltration. After all, Kaname [i]did[/i] always want Elnaer to be dethroned before he got too drunk with power for his own good.[/color]

[color=#000000]In that case... perhaps aiming to thwart Elnaer's assassination attempt wasn't the wisest idea. Still, it was better than allowing the humans to lay waste to vampire lives.[/color]

The guards by the palace merely nodded when Kaname appeared, permitting him entrance within. Lord Elnaer had given them specific orders to allow the scientist to come in when he did, as he had been planning to send a messe to the scientist. Both guards were a little surprised, as they hadn't noticed any sent message, but disregarded it.

Opening the gate doors for him, they allowed him to come into the palace. He might be a little disheartened to see that all those history books he had etched his names into had all been torn apart by that elf's spell, a little shocked to see a thoroughly wrecked library, and a little surprised that there were holes in all five floors of the palace.

--------------

John Alexander said nothing when his second-in-command appeared. He preferred to just pretend that a vampire was NOT among their ranks.

----------------

One of the royal guards, the overweight Kraten had dethawed from the Iron Dragon's icy gale, and was now working to releasing his frozen three comrades. Lord Elnaer had to be informed of the existence of this tunnel, and he also had to be informed where the prisoners were heading off to. This was important information that had to be reported.

Clarice had made her way to the meeting her armor as black as the night itself, her afro puffy and seemingly stringent, her bodyguards dressed in similar gear the seemed to glean in the moonlight. As for weapons well there certainly no need to add useless kilograms to her body with such things like hilts, sheaths, and scabbards. With her magic she was always armed. Her bodyguards were armed with bestial looking maces and claymore that were clearly made for maximum injury on contact with enemy skin. behind her bodyguards were the fully equipped squadron of female combatants ready and armed to the teeth with killing intent. Clarice was proud of her ladies and while probably only ten percent of this fighting force will survive this night Clarice was confident among those survivors would be her girls. Of course 10% of 50 is 5 so if John and Ed don't make then they will just have to be acceptable losses for the good of the human world. That is what Clarice was thinking anyway.

She noticed the distance between John and Lyon clearly immature men are immature but the emissary of chaos was nowhere to be found.[i][color=#ff8c00] Hmmm hopefully she choked on a chicken bone is dead somewhere in a ditch.[/color][/i] Clarice thought though that was a pretty harsh thing to wish upon another women. Though with her and Ed's absence hopefully this little infiltration can get started. If John knows what's good for him there better not be any mention of crawling through sewage. This afro was hard to maintain and there will be no crawl through muck and waste.

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]When [/size][/font][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]Glân entered into the small town he found it even emptier than when he was first there. The buildings that had looked pristine and only a few weeks old were now decrepit and falling apart. The food that he had taken from the cupboards was no longer there, as though it had never existed. To top it off, the girl, the one who had tricked him into going up to the forest was no where to be found, not even a trace of her existence was in the ruins. [/size][/font][color=#8B4513][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]"Well this means one of two things, when Gargamel died the girl fled breaking a rather powerful enchantment she had over the town. [/size][/font][/color][i][color=#ff8c00]Or.... [/color][/i][color=#8B4513][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Or she never existed, she was just an illusion created by Gargamel along with the glory of the town.[/size][/font][/color][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]" [/size][/font][/background][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân pulled the map out of his bag. [color=#8b4513]"The town is not even on the map anymore. Apparently Gargamel was much stronger at casting illusions rather than fighting with magic.[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]That would explain the ere feel we got from the town when we came here.[/color][/i] [color=#8b4513]True but why, why would he cast an illusion only to lure people like us to the forest?[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]Who cares? He is dead now and that is all I care about."[/color][/i] With that [/background][/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân put his bag over his shoulder and walked away, continuing his journey to the capital city.[/background][/size][/font]

Being the strongest of the group, Iron Dragon had been the one who had ended up carrying their vampiric prisoner. He had, grudgingly, accepted the consensus to leave the guard alive and now had him slung over his right shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He didn't really care for the vampire's comfort, in fact he had the exact opposite sentiment towards him. And yet, there was some nagging thought at the back of his mind...something that told him the vampire he was carrying was an honorable sort despite what had been displayed. In fact what had been displayed was loyalty to ones cause, which simply supported the belief that he was honorable. Before he knew what was happening, he felt something like respect growing for this particular vampire. He shook the feeling off in a moment.

"So where do we go now? If what the rebels I ran with back in the city said is true, the humans are encamped on the opposite side of Nuevida from us." He spoke somewhat quietly in an attempt to ensure that only his immediate companions could hear him. He had no doubt that Vanir would regain his strength before long, and that they would be troubled by him very very soon. "However, wherever we go I suggest we stop so that you two can rest for the night. I've noticed I don't sleep."

[color=red]"You don't sleep...?"[/color] Then Alsa finally realized something and paused. He turned to Iron Dragon.

[color=red]"I have a few questions for you, Mr. Iron Man."[/color] He stated to the human, coldly. [color=red]"First off, who ARE you? You never told us your name. You get thrown in with us all of a sudden, you start tapping, setting off Adrian to come over here, you apparently have the ability to breathe different elements, as you had displayed with both acid and ice, you barge us out of the prison and take my sister hostage, you later defeated [i]five[/i] trained royal guards all by yourself, and also displayed some wing ability."[/color]

He crossed his arms in a manner not unlike his brother, slightly annoyed that he couldn't understand the situation for once. Though this was the first time Alsa had actually been involved in anything extreme, having spent his whole life idly up to now, be it in the palace or the prison.

[color=red]"If anything, you are definitely not human. What ARE you?"[/color]

----------------------------------------------

Having now returned to his throne room, Lord Elnaer gave a short chuckle. Hopefully, his sister would be occupied long enough until the full moon came, which was in two day's time. Looking out a giant window, he looked at the moon, a waxing gibbous. It was only a matter of time before it completed.

Placing his hand against the glass, he stared at it.

The moon was the key to the annihilation of humanity. And then, vampirekind can finally take back what was rightfully theirs from the very beginning. The planet of Lath.

----------------------------------------------

"I've refrained from telling you the plan up to now in case some vampire spy obtained the information." John stated. "Well, one of my scouts discovered a secret passageway, which is conveniently less than a kilometer away from here, that leads directly into the heart of the vampire city Nuevida. The passage is lined with rubies, and it appears to have been untouched for many centuries. It may have served a different purpose back then, but right now that passage is our key to victory."

Then he used his sword as a sort of pencil, writing on apparently nothing. With each swish came a line of fire that remained in the air. When the Phoenix was done writing in the air, a drawing of flames depicting a small dot as the camp, a large circle with smaller circles within as the capital city, a line from the dot heading to the secret passage - not too far away as he had just said - and another line that head from the secret passage into somewhere near the biggest circle inside the circle representing Nuevida.

"Of course, our luck isn't perfect. The passage leads directly into the middle, but it doesn't lead into the palace of Lord Elnaer." He continued. "Therefore, I have instructed three magicians display the best affinity with illusions, to cast a slightly image-altering illusion on each of you. It won't affect much, only changing your eye color to what vampires consider normal and your skin a pale white. This illusion will last for forty hours at [i]best[/i]."

Then he drew a line of flames from the secret passageway's exit to the biggest circle inside Nuevida, the home of the Vampire Lord.

"But forty hours should be more than enough for us to storm the castle and take everyone out. Our prime targets would have to be Lord Elnaer and Princess Niasa, as both are a threat to the human race, and the survival of Lyon is also crucial if he is to succeed the throne." He went on.

Then he closed his eyes.

"I shall face Lord Elnaer in one-on-one combat." He said.

Opening them again, he paused his speech and waited for the reactions of all the companions that desired the salvation of the human race.

Niasa was slowly awakening from unconciousness, she recognized these corridors they were taking her to Kaname's lab. She did not strike just yet she would wait until they had reached the entrance of the lab and she at least had some strength. So playing dead for a few minutes Niasa saved her strength until they reached the door of the lab. Then using the guards arms like poles she flipped, and summoned her energy magic which stabbed the guards through the chest. The flip though she soon realized was a mistake, and Niasa got light-headed and fell on her butt.
"Damnit!"Niasa yelled the curse word out,"Hehehe I must not use such coarse language it's not appropriate of a lady like me,"Niasa giggled to herself, as she entered Kaname's lab,"Kaname I need your help."

Feredir moved slowly from the tunnel, emerging much after Iron dragon or Alsa. He grinned as the moonlight enveloped him, encompassing him in its beautiful blue glow. His normally green attire - admittedly dulled and dirtied by the time he had spent in that cell - where painted turquoise in its glow, and the gem-like wood of his sword dazzled in the light, turning his grin into a laugh. He chuckled with pure delight, free and out in the open once again. He could smell the woodlands; could the Magick of the forest calling for him. He outstretched his arms and inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the wild for the first time in millenia.

When he exhaled, he started to walk over to the forest in the distance, stopping as he got about a hundred yards from the castle walls. The forest was quite a distance away, but it had not been once. He looked around at the area surrounding the castle, seeing the trees with perfect clarity, even from this distance. His left eyebrow raised slightly, revealing his piercing forest green eyes. [i]Impossible.[/i] He mused, dropping to the ground, an ear pinned to the earth. After a few minutes of listening, he rose slowly and cursed in the elven tongue, damning the Vampires for what they did.

[i]The forest still lives on in the ground, though[/i]. He mused, looking back at the castle, realising that with his full power, he could probably use that. The entire castle was built on top of a 'dead' forest. Which was useful. It was still horrifying, and Feredir could never forgive them for such a misuse of nature, but at least he could use it.

He started to pace for a moment, thinking of what to do next, when Iron Dragon brought up exactly that question. Rather than answer straight away, Feredir moved closer to the group, listening to Alsa question the Iron beast. What exactly was he?
"It's Elven technology, I would presume?" Feredir asked, moving next to the Iron Dragon so as to see the machine better. "We were never great mechanics in my time, but it isn't hard to believe that we became better." He moved around so as to face the front of the Body, noting the sphere in the middle. "Your body seems to run off of magick." He added, stepping backwards, to look at Iron Dragon in the eye.

"You dont seem to be against us though. At least there is that. I do not care who you are at this moment, if you are on our side." Feredir finished, sighing and dropping his hands to his side. "You may find the human camp if you wish, or you may stay here. But I need to meditate. Perhaps not rest, but I need to recuperate my Magicks." He stated, starting to walk towards the forest. However, he didn't get far before an Idea came to mind, and he turned with a smile upon his face. "Young Prince, how would you like to learn magick?"

[color=red]"M- magic?...Me?!"[/color] The prince stammered, obviously surprised at the elf's request.

It wasn't everyday that a person, be it human or vampire, was offered a chance at training with an elf, and from what he heard from both Feredir himself and the stories he used to read day by day, they were very well adapted with magic. For one ridiculous moment, he imagined himself singing to the ground and making trees grow up. Alsa von Mira had never sung before though.

Still, it was an interesting offer. Right now, the only magic he knew was the manipulation of energy, and even that was merely for light show and illumination. The main branch of the royal family all had an affinity with energy itself, something that set them apart from other magicians. Energy itself was very difficult to manipulate, so for the Mira family to have such an affinity, their prowess is easy to grow higher and higher. An affinity with energy in fact, actually meant an affinity with everything but ice and shadows, which are absences of energy, but usually the manipulation of energy itself held the best results.

He had been told all this, of course. Even so, magic was hard to learn, and Alsa had never been given any special training like his older siblings. He had watched both Feredir and Iron Dragon display amazing powers, he himself was more or less just dead weight...

He had decided.

[color=red]"I accept."[/color] He responded to the elf.

Lyon was mildly shocked by John's last announcement, even after expecting something of the sort to happen. He knew that John wanted to fight Lord Elnaer himself, but he had no idea that John posesed the stupidity to suggest such an idea as one-on-one combat with the vampire lord. Walking over to where John was standing, he turned to look at everyone, before making his own small announcement. "John's plan is decent, if we want to achieve the end of this war with the vampires, the leaders are who we need to take out. If the plan succeeds, everyone knows that it is John's intention to place me on the throne afterwards. As it currently stands, this is the best course of action we can take. However, if a more suitable plan comes into light, with or without me ending up on the throne, I would happily follow it instead. I urge everyone do their best at their given tasks, and preferably, survive if it is within your abilities." Lyon stepped back, waiting to see John's reaction to that.

Feredir nodded with a satisfied smile. "Good. You'll need it if you're to be of any use." He turned his head to look towards the forest before turning back to look at Iron Dragon.
"You can set up a camp or something if you wish. We are going to be in the forest for most of the night." Feredir advised, before adding. "You might want to tie up the Vampire, or something of the sorts. We should expect an escape attempt before long." He then turned his full body towards the forest and started to walk, motioning with his hand for Alsa to follow him.

They walked for about 20 minutes before they reached the edge of the forest, the woodland being further than anticipated. But it was no matter, they had reached it none-the-less. Feredir then proceeded to move throughout the forest at random, his elation at being within the wilderness mixed with a sense of urgency.
"You know of my People, do you not?" Feredir stated, not really questioning, as he wandered through the forest, his long blond hair now the only thing for Alsa to follow from. "As such, you should know that there were three main types of Elves. Dark, High and wood. A mix like me is uncommon, but not unheard of." He stated, starting his lectures already as he searched through the undergrowth, one minute on the ground, his hand rummaging through a creature's burrow, the next moving swiftly through the underbrush, dodging every thorn and thistle.

"The wood-elves - the people I most relate to - were nature lovers. We were hunters, farmers and wise sages, all knowledged with the ways of the forest. Archery, Animals and plants were our major specialisms." He explained, listing off the three types of elves. He stopped for a moment and grinned, before jumping up and grabbing a tree branch, clambering up so as to reach a small hollow inside the tree. "As such, we were masters with these." He added, jumping down from the tree with a handful of small green seeds, three to be exact.
"These little seeds were the main trade of our kind, though High and Dark elves were more engrossed in their arcane sorceries than to bother much with this wonderous little seeds. You may have heard tales of Elves singing trees into shapes?" He asked, but rather than waiting for an answer, he continued on. "That is not exactly true. We sung to these. It isn't necessary, but it helps with the magick and gives the plant strength." He smiled and started to move again.

"This is all rather relevant, mind you." He called backwards, his voice getting excitable now. Merely being in the woodlands was rejuvenating him, and with every owl call and every bird song he was getting more and more cheerful. "The three different Elves specialised in their own things. High elves were masters of lighter magicks, and were the sorcerors of our time. They were healers and mages. Knights of great valour. I myself have High-elf blood, which is why I could perform magick such as that you saw in the Library and the prison. However, I do not have the full ability, which is why I am not as powerful as your brother." He explained, moving apart a collection of bushes to reveal a small pond with a Elvish stone, with symbols that seemed to glow in the shadows.

"These stones are often markers. Many have different meanings - and different uses occasionally - but this particular one means this area is a Magickal centre, a haven for magical beings of all kinds. You may not be able to hear it at this moment, but to someone like me, the air sings." He said, almost distant now as he smiled at the sky. "This is where we shall train. Any questions so far?" Feredir asked, hoping that his new student wasn't lost. He needed someone to pass his knowledge onto, and Alsa did show the necessary potential.

Alsa listened closely to the elf's explanation and lecture, while looking all around the forest. It all sounded like stories to him, but he knew it was all real from the expression of glee on Feredir's face. The Wood Elves, the High Elves, and the Dark Elves, three parts of the same race of 'elves' that almost all of Lath used to think were merely mythological.

[color=red]"What were the dark elves like?"[/color] He asked, curious.

Although there hadn't been much books on elves, almost all of them related to the wood elves and at least one or two were about the high elves. But as for the dark elves, he remembered one vague reference to them, along with that prison head Adrian bragging for some reason about being their direct descendent.

Feredir stopped smiling as Alsa posed his question, instead turning around and dropping to the ground, sitting crossed legged and facing the small pond. He motioned for Alsa to sit beside him before he started talking. He took one deep breath and stared at the trees, looking around the small clearing. He then placed the group of seeds in his hand on the ground infront of him, pressing them into the dirt.

"The dark elves were different. Strange." He started, closing his eyes. "They were Elves, of course. But they were darker, hence the name. The majority of the ones I met had Black hair, and red eyes. Evil looking; at least in my youthful perception." He chuckled for a moment, before speaking again.
"Where Wood Elves were the closest to nature, and the High Elves were the Closest to Magick; Dark elves were closer to the Shadows. Their powers in Magick were aggressive and they primarily specialised in the Arcane, energy magicks - similar to your family." Feredir explained, sighing as he opened his eyes. "I'm afraid I know little of their magicks, which would suit you. But I should be able to teach you some basics, and the more advanced....well, there were a lot of things they did, and not all were good."

He started to breath deeply, in and out, as he turned to Alsa. "You already have some ability with magick, do you not? I witnessed you summon that orb of light." Feredir stated, lifting his right hand. With little effort, a similar orb appeared infront of him, while Feredir still looked at Alsa. "A simple magick, but it is a useful starting point. It saves me having to start your magick." Feredir smiled with relief as he turned back towards the orb. "Now, the basic thing to do from here is to overload the Orb. It is not the most efficient of skills, but it is effective at harming and distracting enemies." As Feredir talked, a small thread of energy darted from his hand to the orb, filling it with more energy. He moved his hand downwards, so as to cause the Orb to move into the water, where it proceeded to explode, filling the pool with light.
"Make sure you're not staring at the light when it explodes." Feredir advised, as the water on the surface of the pond started to bubble. "It'll blind you for a bit. Try it now. Make sure to drop the orb into the water before it explodes."

[color=#000000]As Kaname ventured into the palace, he observed the destruction that lay within. It was as if a whole ton of nitroglycerin went off on each and every floor. And on top of that, the entire library was destroyed, as with a lot of the books that Kaname had etched his name onto. It was obvious that Kaname was disheartened, but somehow... just [i]somehow[/i] he wasn't the least bit surprised. Presumably Elnaer had a little tantrum problem. Well, it was the best [i]Kaname[/i] could've guessed, being unaware of the escape and all. Just below his feet was the prison, which... he was [i]seriously[/i] [/color][color=#000000]gonna have to ask about later.[/color]

[color=#008080]"I've always [i]known[/i] that Elnaer deserved to be dethroned..."[/color][color=#000000] Kaname muttered to Shanna, who had sneaked inside with her totally leet ninja skills, [/color][color=#008080]"...and now you know [i]why[/i]. Unfortunately, our only apparent replacement is that traitor. Makes you wonder why we never ran a matriarchy of all things."[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][i]'Why not just not have a vampire lord at all?'[/i] [/color][color="#000000"]Shanna asked out of curiosity.[/color]

[color=#008080]"I'm afraid we all have to be kept in check [i]somehow[/i], Ms. Keynes,"[/color][color=#000000] was the reply.[/color]

For once, Iron Dragon found himself stunned. Not by any physical blow or spell or even by what he had seen, but by the question the young prince had asked him. He didn't know how to answer that question. It might seem odd to some, but he had no idea who or what he was aside from what his royal companion had said. He most certainly wasn't human, but not being one thing did not let him know what he was mainly because the other possibility, him being a vampire, was not possible either. The abilities he had displayed were completely apart from anything that either humans or vampires could be said to possess.

And then Feredir spoke, before he could even think of an answer to the Prince's question. Elven Technology...that was a possibility he had not considered but it did explain many things about him, mainly the elven characters covering his armor. Furthermore, his running off of magic offered explanation for everything that he had been able to do, right down to the transformations he was capable of performing. He stood there, stunned, for a long moment while the others went off into the forest. Then, he dropped Vanir on the ground and, likely to the vampire's horror, sat down on top of him.

He sat there for a long moment, taking the famous pose of one lost in contemplative thought. If he WAS a creation of Elvish technology, then how had he been made? Who had made him? And furthermore, why had he been made? These were all questions he had no answer to, but he did have an idea where he could find the answers. His earliest memory was of standing in a Laboratory owned by one of the Vampires' most famous scientists, Doctor Sa'Lien. He wiped the doubt from his mind and rose to his feet, taking his considerable weight off of the wounded vampire's body in the process. He had a new purpose, and furthermore he knew who he could speak to in order to achieve that purpose.

"We're going to the Human camp," he said, looking down at Vanir where he had left him on the ground, "And you are going to tell them whatever they want to know." Before there could be any protest, he grabbed the vampire under his arms and once more sprouted wings which he spread quickly. His companions had seen him use these as a shield, but now he would use them to fly. With a downward beat of the massive wings and a jump into the air he took to the skies, only to pause as he remembered the tunnel. He dropped back to the ground near the entrance of the tunnel and, making sure to keep Vanir out of the way, inhaled deeply once more. When he exhaled, it once again produced toxic gas, but not it was released in a stream that rushed down the length of the tunnel to, hopefully, fill it before it dispersed enough to be of no effect. He stood there exhaling for several moments, all the while keeping his right arm wrapped almost crushingly tightly around his prisoner. Once he had finished, he once more held Vanir with both his hands under the vampire's arms and took to the skies, climbing as quickly as he could to get out of range of anyone shooting at him from the ground and then flying well out of the range of sight from the city to pass over the forest. He kept himself above that forest, and traced a path that would let him circle about it so as to bring him to the human encampment where he could be of the most use possible.

Archived