Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

Clarice simply nodded as John put on his fire show and laid out his plan. Sneak in, hide in plain sight, kill people, it wasn't the most complicated plan ever and its not like there were individual splinter cell teams and so on so it was okay. She then heard John mention that he wanted to fight the Vampire lord in one on one combat she simply nodded her head at that statement as well though she was thinking [color=#ff8c00][i]"Ah its a suicide mission. John has grown tired of living."[/i][/color] Clearly it would be blatantly stupid to try and challenge the Vampire Lord by yourself. In fact Clarice was under the impression that this who rebel army idea was to just get enough people to storm the castle and have enough people to take on King Vampy as a group. Between Lyon, Ed, and herself their should be enough capable fighters to deal with the Elaenr of course sacrifices were expected but still not blatant stupidity.

Of course Lyon then decided to jump up and decided speaking. Why, she never understood but his words really came across as back up filler text that never mattered in the grand scheme of things. More like he was talking just to prove he was still alive. Though this didn't matter to Clarice for head was simply on auto-nod as she nodded during his words too. Since she was all dressed up and ready to go, so she was hoping that if no one said anything and just nodded they could begin this foolhardy assault. Hopefully she will find those same vampires who took her down the first time and get some glorious payback.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed ignored the mysterious person and continued with what he was planning. He quickly realized, though, that it was almost night and he need to finish up. [color=#800000]"I'm gonna keep this short. You could be a valuable asset to us. If you wanna help us, you better be quick 'cause we're starting the invasion pretty soon."[/color] With that, Ed turned around and headed back to camp. He ran the whole way to camp so he wouldn't miss anything. He got to the camp a moment before John started his little presentation. Ed slipped in to the side of the platform and waited there. Ed watched John make his crudely drawn map and battle plan. It was a simple enough plan, but what surprised Ed was John's plan of taking on Elaenr by himself. [i]Has John gone mad?[/i] [color=#800000]"Wouldn't it just be easier to have you, Lyon, Clarice, and I take on Elaenr together or do want us to command to troops while go fight the big bad by yourself?"[/color]

Needless to say, Vanir had been treated horribly by the prisoners, most notably by the iron inhuman creature who had managed to defeat him. He had been listening to their conversations, of course. So the man who had defeated him was powered by this so-called 'elven technology', and it seemed as though that the apparently-alive prince Alsa was going to train in magic with an apparently-existing elf.

Although these were ridiculous characters, Vanir only thought of them as enemies, and he was planning his escape-

Then the iron man suddenly revealed that despite being made of metal, he could fly. How ridiculous did this man get? And now the vampire guard couldn't see any way out of this situation, for now. Even so, he was slowly reinforcing his left arm with diamonds. It was a risky move that could damage his very health, but he had to do [i]something[/i].

----------------------

"The moment we launch an attack, chances are that the whole force of the vampires will come upon us, and if there is nobody to stop them from storming the castle, chances are that they'll support that Elnaer bastard and our fight may well be hopeless." John explained in a practical manner. "While our powers combined can defeat the vampire lord, the battle will be that much harder, and I hold the best chance of defeating Elnaer in solo combat."

Then he let the fire drawings disappear, and turned around, where the city of Nuevida was not too far away.

"Any more questions before we leave?"

Clarice simply nodded as her suspicions were confirmed. John was suicidal. This semi-logical statement about holding off the vampire army was utter word vomit. Clearly the plan was not to attack until everyone had made it to some point inside the castle. There was no way an army can rain down and interfere with such a sudden attack even if it was vampires they were dealing with. Not only that funneling soldiers into a small place was the best chance of this rag-tag force of men had of being useful. Of course her furious fighting females were more than enough to hold off till the five collective super powers overthrew the king the rest were just filler.

As Clarice looked as John turned around and looked at the city in the distance she could only wonder what was it that put him over the edge. Was it that he didn't have children? Is he able to have children? Has he not found a mate? Or was the reason more foolhardy, some suicidal vengeance mission that has something to do with his past. Interesting, John never struck Clarice as the type of person who would risk everyone else's lives just so he could get a shot at the king. Then again John might rise like the Phoenix and proclaim victory over the Vampire King. Clarice decided that if a man wants to die like a man then who was she to stop him. Her job now became to ensure the survival of her troops and the slaughter of countless vampire lives. Well the latter was certainly easy enough and her job was always protecting people. She should thank John for making her job that much easier.

"In case you thought I didn't notice what you were doing," Iron Dragon began, turning his head down to look at the vampire dangling in his grasp and get a view of the diamond slowly beginning to coat his arm, "I did. And it's in your best interest to avoid trying to escape, because I will drop you and then your best hope would be a quick death upon impact with something or other." Having finish speaking to Vanir, Iron continued along the path he had chosen to fly, riding the air currents as much as was possible at night and thus having to flap his wings a bit more frequently to stay airborne. Of course if Vanir attempted to strike at him kn any way it would be a simple mater to simply drop the bastard in that event.

Given that he was flying, the human camp came into view very quickly and as such he began dropping lower to the treetops, but of course ensuring that he flew fast enough to drop his prisoner onto a branch and impale him if an escape was attempted at this point. He once more turned his head down to look at the male while they were a few seconds out from coming over the clearing of the human camp.

"Roll when you hit the ground and your chance of survival goes up significantly." He finished saying this just a second before they came out from the treetops over the camp and he released his hold on the vampire with the intent of him landing somewhere in the camp, hopefully getting disoriented in the fall. As for himself, he turned his momentum upward to burn off some speed, before hovering to the ground with a few flaps of his wings and the intention of landing on his feet. Perhaps some of those in the camp had run with his group of rebels in the city, and perhaps some knew him from reputation. Even if they didn't know him, was it every day that someone wearing Elven-styled armor and a helm in the shape of a dragon's head landed in the middle of a camp?

Vanir cursed as his plan was foiled. Even so, the Iron Dragon's words weren't necessarily true, as he could just reinforce his whole body with diamond properties before crashing into the ground, at the risk of becoming stiff for the rest of his life. Once he modifies his body with magic, it doesn't fade away straightaway. It wasn't like adjusting muscle mass, where the body could naturally readjust to its previous state, nor like turning into water, where it would return into the predetermined shape after its objective was accomplished. Converting his organic matter into diamond was a one-way process, so if he ever wanted his arm back, his only hope may be that scientist Kaname he had heard about.

Following the entity's advice, he rolled as he hit the ground, and got back up, only to be met with the gathered entirety of the human resistance.

[center]-------------------------------[/center]

As the Phoenix was about to lead the miniature army of humans into the final battle against the sadistic and monstrous vampires in a desperate last stand to determine the fate of the whole future of the world of Lath, some flying iron thing thought it was funny to appear out of nowhere and interrupt the momentous moment. John scowled as yet another ambiguously-human landed on the ground, and then a golden-armored vampire suddenly rolled out of camp.

Reacting quickly, human soldiers sprung to life and bombarded him with magic and swords. His arms were frozen and his legs were pulled and trapped underneath the ground, as well as his magnificent golden regalia being heavily dented and covered in dirt. They stopped when he was defenseless, hesitating to take his life.

"...This will only slow us down." John remarked, and turned to the ironclad thing. "We are about to embark towards a secret passage that will lead us into the heart of Nuevida, where we can then storm the Vampire Lord's castle and take his throne down. I assume you have come to join us, at the latest possible time. And so, strange person, I ask you but one question. [b]Are you a human?"[/b]

He had a similar look as to when the previous Lord of Chaos had appeared, though a little more relaxed. Unlike her at least, this man was not evil.

Clarice saw the vampire roll into the camp in fact it almost landed close to her. Pity because if the "men" had not decided to intervene she could have easily beheaded the creature. Annoyed of course because the only reason why that Vampire wasn't dead was most likely because the legion of followers were acting as if they were John himself. The ludicracy of it all was starting to get to Clarice. But to add salt to the wound some iron thing flew into the came like a bat out of the pits of Hades. How you may ask did such a creature find the human camp. Didn't matter to Clarice, a person's whose life motto is: if violence doesn't solve all your problems, then you just aren't using enough, this whole situation could be solved with a couple of quick beheadings.

As she turned around and prepared to put an ax in the middle of this male figures head she had already felt the sensation of disappointment waft over her. Yes John was going to do something peaceful, and like a the little bunny he is John proceeded to speak to the thing. Wouldn't it be somewhat hilarious if the creature tried to eat John? Its head would be cut of instantly and burned to cinders but still its the thought that counts. John then proceeded to announce his plans to this the beast.[color=#ff8c00][i] Well now we have to kill it [/i][/color]Clarice thought. Though the fact that it brought a vampire here as some sort of prisoner (maybe) didn't really effect her judgement of the creature. Better off dead and not having to worry about it. Finally John gave the iron monster one of his patented stern looks. Clarice tried not to laugh hilariously but this is one of the points where John and her differed John gives stern looks and warnings and while that is sometimes efficient and more diplomatic it comes across more parental than aggressive in Clarice's eyes. She waited for this creature's response to the question hopefully this can be dealt with quickly. Lives are to be taken tonight.

"You are correct, I have come to join you in your assault," Iron Dragon began as John spoke to him. Then of course he saw the woman giving him a death glare and could not help but smile behind the vizor of his helmet at such an obvious display of savagery. This woman was clearly ready for a fight, and that was going to make all the difference before the end. "Now, as far as your question about my being human I can only say for certain that I am not. To that end I am not a vampire either, but before you ask what I am any answer I could give would be pure conjecture." Of course then he heard the bit about the secret passage into Nuevida, and that wiped the smile cleanly off of his face.

"If this secret passage of yours is on the opposite side of the city, then you need a new route. I was held in a prison below the castle and escaped through that passage only to be discovered by that vampire and the guards under his command," as he spoke he pointed to the now well incapacitated Vanir, stepping towards him and gazing down into the male's face. His solid glass-green eyes shone through the sockets in his helm, perhaps enhancing the draconic elements of his visage. "I did what I could, but escape was the priority over killing them so I cannot guarantee if they are live or dead. If that passage was your planned entrance it is no longer an option, but perhaps Vanir here could give you information as to another way in. If he can't, then he is of no use except to become a corpse." He stood there, gazing down at the disabled vampire with hatred burning behind his gaze...and yet he could not dismiss the thought that this member of the royal guard was somehow more honorable than he was giving him credit.

"...There was a passage that led straight to the castle?" John breathed out, getting angry.

He was quite pissed. Months of planning, of trying to form the best way to go from here to there and back with everything else while finally deciding upon a straightforward infiltration, would've been greatly simplified had he known of this second secret passageway that led straight into the castle itself. The matter would've been extremely simple in that case; go through the passage, enter the castle, and storm Lord Elnaer in his throne with a large mass of human power. However, there was no such luck with that, and now this passage that could've be utilized as a better option was inaccessible.

"...No. We plan to enter through a secret passage less than a mile away from here." He answered the ironclad thing, before pointing his golden sword at it, now with knowledge that it was neither human nor vampire.

"You... that Lord of Chaos girl is at least a little human, and everyone at least understands Lyon as a vampire. But you, [i]you...[/i] what the hell are you?" He eyed the Iron Dragon suspiciously, not trusting him. "At this point, this vampire prisoner of yours is of no use, but for the sake of formality, I will let that princeton vampire decide his fate."

With that, he looked to the end of the forest where the camp was based within. Shortly after the forest would come a plain grassland, and after that, the passage itself looking like an ordinary cave. That was the planned route, which would take them into the heart of Nuevida. But of course, there would still have to be a little navigation and disguising in order to get across the final distance between the exit and the castle, which was what he planned for the illusionary magicians to do. To review, they would cast an illusion spell on all those currently present to make them appear more vampiric. And of course, they couldn't all head to the castle straightaway, they would have to go in small numbers to avoid suspicion. The maximum limit before the illusions wore off was twenty-four hours, so they all had to rendezvous by the castle shortly before then.

So it wasn't quite as straightforward as it sounded like at first. Of course, there was Clarice the Black Lightning who could traverse the distance rightaway, and perhaps some others were fast on foot. However it was essential that the majority of the forces, if not every last one of them, had to be gathered by the castle before the illusions wore off.

"If you plan on following us, I advice you take off that auspicious helmet." He stated, letting it appear clearly to the iron thing what they were planning. Then he turned towards his audience. "As for the rest of you... Now we will embark towards the aforementioned secret passage, where the illusionary magicians will temporarily modify your appearances to match vampire standards. We are gathered here today for but one essential purpose, and by the end of the morrow if all goes well, the throne of the chaotic Vampire Lord shall be toppled, Lyon shall take his place on the throne, and the fate of humanity will be saved!"

At that, everyone cheered.

Then he led them towards the end of forest, and further on. It was less than a kilometer, but it was still a decent distance away, about a twenty minute walk. ((Or fifteen minutes in Earth terms, not that anybody would know of such a distance world.))

"Does it matter what I am as long as I hate vampires?" Despite his level tone, Iron was getting angry. He had just given himself to John as a free soldier and the man wasted time with questions rather than simply give him an order like where to go and what to do. As far as removing his helmet, that was completely out of the question for the reason that his hairless face was probably more disconcerting than the dragon's head helm. However, he was still going to follow that stupid son of a b**** into the fray so he decided he might as well get used to doing what he said...just not that one thing.

Given what had been said of Vanir, and the vampire's current immobilized state, he turned away from the camp and began following this Phoenix's lead towards the edge of the forest. Given his...particular nature he moved towards the forefront of the formation, so that if they encountered difficulties in their advance he could do his part towards removing those difficulties. Of course the wings which he had used to make his way to the camp through the air retracted back into his body, becoming as if they had never been there in the first place. He also did not have difficulty pushing through the formation to the front, mainly because that wasn't what he was doing. He had instead made his way around the formation to arrive at the front of it, and though this position put him close to John he did not speak to the man any more than he already had. He was busy dealing with his own thoughts.

The question as to his origin kept coming up, and despite what Feredir had said he wasn't exactly sure about what "elvish technology" meant in the slightest. If what he had seen from the ranger's display of magic was any sort of clue as to the sort of power they could wield then just attributing his existence to the elves didn't answer many questions as to his origin. Truthfully, his only clue as to his own origin was the first place he remembered being. The laboratory of the doctor whom he had been accused of murdering. That place held his first memory, and as such there had to be something of significance in it.

[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân walked up to the front gate of the city and simply walked inside. [color=#8B4513]"Hmm, I could have sworn that getting into the city would be harder than that.[/color] [i][color=#FFA500]Why are you complaining.[/color][/i] [i][color=#FFA500]The first half of our task is done, now all we need to do is go and kill the king, simple task really.[/color][/i] [color=#8B4513]Says the guy who barely won against an exiled member of the von Mira family.[/color][i][color=#FFA500] Hey! He was using the forest as cover!"[/color][/i] [/background][/font][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Glân's disturbance caused everyone too look at him. [i][color=#FFA500]"What!? Have you never seen a Half-breed before!?"[/color][/i] [i][color=#FF0000]'Oh s***, I probably should not have said that.'[/color][/i] Glân said to himself. As if on cue a group of vampire guard enforcers came running up to the Half-breed.[/font][/background][/size]

[size=3][color=#008000][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]"Stop right there half-breed. You are under arrest for being an abomination." [/font][/background][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#8B4513][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"An abomination am I? Then lets see how well you can handle this abomination's skills." [/background][/font][/color][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân drew his sword and got into a fighting stance. [i][color=#FFA500]"Come on and just try me!" [/color][/i]At that moment each and every one of the five guards lunged at Glân.[/background][/font][/size]

[color=#ff8c00][i]Did he just scoff at me[/i][/color] Clarice though as her eye began to twitch. She wasn't getting any feminine vibes from the creature and he surely sounded male. Therefore death was all but assured. Then stepped in killjoy, well what was he supposed to do someone had to be reasonable in this situation and having a fight break out just before the revolution is not the best idea. As the creature seemed to join the side of the Coalition Clarice cursed her inability to get past John's flames. If she could then these last two add-ons would not even exist. But alas the reality that she lives in has not permitted her to go unchecked. Maybe this was a good thing.

Upon this reveal of the other passage Clarice did a mental facepalm. As a human bodyguard she wouldn't have much reason throughout Vampire city other than a job. She was always known for here mysterious disappearances whenever a job was completed, when in actually she just cranked her magic up to the maximum and bolted (haha pun) out of the city. On the other hand John, leading the rebellion, should have known about this little passageway but not like it really mattered it just meant that the plan currently in action was now the only know plan to work. Unfortunately this means that she now has to keep an eye on this winged-beast.

As John rallied the troops Clarice was able to watch as her own female warriors rallied as well. A slight grin came across her face. [color=#ff8c00]Tonight will be a night bathed in blood.[/color]

Lyon watched as the others started to walk away, confident that he could catch up to them in a short space of time if required. Turning to the vampire that had been left to him, he said, "You are lucky, in a way, that John left your fate to my decision. If it was completely up to him, you would be tortured and then killed. I might have need of a decent vampire fighter like youself soon, so if you can offer me a reason to keep you around, like some useful infomation, I might just let you live. Make it quick though, if you decide to, I don't have much time to chat." As he was saying that, he called a small amount of water from the air to bind the vampire's hands to the dirt, to keep him completely locked in place.

Vanir frowned. He knew this man, Lyon von Mira, a disinherited relative of the royal family. Giving an annoyed look, he said "I know the structure of Lord Elnaer's castle better than anyone. You will not easily find his throne room without me."

Then he watched as the humans slowly marched away. Since the two of them were vampires, they could quite easily catch up, but he wondered if he should just delay...no. It was essential that he himself managed to get back to Nuevida and inform his lord of the current situation, as well as the humans' infiltration.

------------------------------------

After about fifteen minutes passed, the human troops finally arrived at their destination, for now. A cave that sloped downward for a bit, and when entered, it would reveal glowing crystals within with the same color as blood itself, covering the walls of the earth and giving light to the underground darkness.

"This secret passageway leads straight into the heart of Nuevida." John explained to everyone, after they had all entered through. "While I have no idea what these red crystals are, they will follow us and light our way all the way to the very end. And now," he motioned for the illusionary magicians, and one by one they began working to everyone's appearances, changing their skin tones and eye color as well as any symbols or details on their clothing that may reveal themselves as humans, or human supporters. The only one untouched was Lyon, who of course didn't need any of that.

When they were done with everyone, more than fifty people in total, John shifted uncomfortably as what appeared to be a small army of vampires before him, and he didn't want to look into the mirror either.

"Well," he said. "Let us go. The tunnel is quite long."

And he turned around, before walking onward into the bloodlit cavern, leading the last stand of humans.

--------------------------------------

[color=red]"Very well, I'll try..."[/color]

Focusing, the young vampire prince formed an energy ball in the air, as he had always done. It glowed brightly, which had been its original function (light) up until now. Then he began to do as Feredir had instructed him, overloading the orb with magic. Once he did that, he was finding it really difficult to continue controlling, feeling it could explode at any moment. He moved the energy ball away from him, into the pond. He almost forgot to drop it into the water as he was about to release it, but caught himself in time and moved it into the pond, where it disappeared, before finally releasing it.

A small bubble and light could be seen below the surface, but nothing half as good as what the elf had done.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile, a messenger had managed to run all the way to the castle, and inform Lord Elnaer of a particularly odd situation.

[color=darkred]"A half-breed is at our gate?"[/color] He asked, frowning, before motioning to a few of his royal guards. [color=darkred]"Bring this hybrid to me. Now."[/color]

Around fifteen minutes after the hybrid Glân had started his attack, guards were now rushing from everywhere to attack him, attempting to knock him unconscious and bring him to the Vampire Lord.

"If the location of the throne room is all you have to offer us, it's not enough. We've already long since found out the layout of the castle through a couple of human spies. Not to mention the risk of you trying to escape if we did take you with us." Lyon was disappointed, he'd thought this vampire would actually know something worth mentioning. Motioning with his hand, Lyon drew more water from the air to form the shape of a pointed ice shard right over the vampire's chest. "It's a pity to see such a powerful vampire die, but so be it." With a downwards swipe of his hand, the shard drove itself into Vanir's chest, aiming for the heart and a quick end to the vampire, and out into the ground below as well. Walking away, another flick of his hand ensured that ice grew from the sides of the shard around the area of the chest where it was embeded, to keep it held there for longer, as well as down in the earth, where the ice froze with the earth, keeping him unable to move even if he did somehow survive. Lyon managed to catch up to the army just as they were finishing the illusions, before walking in with what now appeared to be an army of his own kind, rather than a human army.

[size=3]The battle did not last long. Shortly after the guards lunged at him [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân sidestepped all five the guards and got behind them. With one swipe of his sword he cut down each one of the guards. [i][color=#FF8C00]*Tich* "Pathetic worms. To think that they could hurt me is a laugh.[/color][/i] [color=#8B4513]Speak for yourself I almost lost a finger.[/color][i] [color=#FF8C00]Suck it up, a finger is nothing compared to your neck."[/color][/i] [color=#8B4513]*Sigh*[/color] [color=#8B4513]"Alright the map says that the palace is this way."[/color] Glân began to walk towards the huge structure in the middle of the city. [i][color=#FF8C00]"Good, once we get there we need to kill the man who calls himself king."[/color][/i][/background][/font][/size]

Clarice was ready for action. It was almost as if she was a vampire ready to suck the life out of her enemies. But instead of pointy fangs she had swords and other bladed weapons of despair. She did her best to abuse her powers and simply abandon John and the army when she turned into a temporary vampire. Though this little disguise would have been perfect for some of her bodyguard duties.[color=#ff8c00][i] Hmmm why did I never think of getting an illusionist to help me out from time to time [/i][/color]she thought as she marveled at her ashy skin. Of course her sixth sense of bloodshed ticked when Lyon killed his Vampire kin, quite an amusing thought though Lyon killing another vampire.

In order to be fair to everyone she proceeded down the dark secret passageway with everyone else of course John not knowing what the red crystals that illuminated the place was slightly disconcerting but no human is perfect and vampires for all intensive purposes were about to be slaughtered so they don't count towards the conversation. As Clarice kept herself from face palming her sixth sense of bloodshed went off again. But as she looked around all important members were counted for. Well the high wench of chaos was accounted for but hopefully she fell and hit her head on rock or something. Was something going on up ahead in vampirevile. Resisting the urge to investigate she decided to stay behind and protect her squads of fierce females. No telling what the Kamikaze Phoenix had in mind.

[color=#ff8c00]So John what are going to do once we make it out the passage? Are we splitting up or what?[/color] Clarice said trying to mask her attitude.

As the illusion took effect, Iron couldn't help but wonder as to what he looked like in this vampiric form that had been wrought on him. He, however, managed to get that thought out of his mind and focus on the task at hand. Then it occurred to him that his helmet was rather...iconic to himself and thus he saw fit to remove it. The sight that there was to behold now was one that was likely to be a bit shocking, as his metallic face had changed in shape to be a perfect mimicry of the face of the infamous Doctor Sa'Lien. Where Iron had lacked hair there was now a tight pony tail of silver hair stretching just past the base of the male's neck and at the corners of his mouth a pair of fangs gently poked down from his upper jaw. In fact to anyone who knew Sa'Lien the male in his illusory form looked would be impossible to tell apart from him.

Ignorant of this, he made his way up towards the vam- HUMAN- known as John and fell into step alongside him.

"So, what's the plan once we're inside?" His voice maintained the same tone as it had before, but somehow it just seemed to fit with the whole of his fresh appearance. He held his helmet in his left hand while he walked along with the male who was now his commander, for the moment at least. Truth be told there wasn't really any immediate effect of his appearance as there wasn't anyone likely to mistake him for the doctor in the immediate vicinity.

Glân was caught off guard. As he rounded a corner he was set upon by no less than fifteen guards. [color=#8b4513]"What the hell,where did you all come from?[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]Eh it doesnt matter I will take you all on."[/color][/i] Glân lunged at the new group of guards. Glân was an impressive swordsman to say the least but even fifteen men were too much to handle at one time. Glân was only able to take out eight of the guards before they restrained him. [i][color=#ff8c00]"Gah damn it, let go of me you worms."[/color][/i] It was then that one of the guards hit Glân in the back of the neck nocking him out. In his mind he continued to talk to himself. [color=#8b4513]"So where do you think they are taking us?[/color] [color=#8b4513]The castle, it is the only place they can take us even if it is to get to the dungeons. However we will probably be brought before the king first,[/color] [color=#ff8c00][i]the perfect chance to kill him."[/i][/color] Glân gave a dark smirk that sent chills up the guard's spines when they saw it.

"You fool...!" Vanir coughed out after the fellow vampire. He had survived the shard of ice by turning his own heart into diamond. It was only a matter of time now before his organic body reacted violently to the non-organic materials and killed him, but until then, he was still alive. This had been unexpected, but there was no way for the royal guard to save his life, for it had already been determined.

"I...was the only ones...who knew that blasted lord's plan...." He muttered, unsure if Lyon could hear him. "He is...going to harness the power.......of the f..................and the c-"

Then his body suddenly began to shake violently, at the ice penetrating it as well as the foreign diamond that had somehow replaced the flesh, though the earth prevented him from actually moving. And then he was motionless.

--------------------------

Meanwhile, the guards holding Glân felt uncomfortable at keeping the hybrid in check. He had managed to defeat more than thirteen all by himself, and if he hadn't been stopped by sheer numbers, he would've done a whole lot more damage. In about ten to fifteen minutes, they would arrive at the castle, and they each anxiously gripped their swords, guarding the hybrid in check in case he tried to do anything.

Vampire civilians occasionally stared at the hybrid with a look of either disgust or pity.

--------------------------------

"Even though we all look like vampires, that won't divert suspicion from us." John stated. "So if a large amount of unfamiliar vampires suddenly appear out of nowhere and begin marching towards the palace, then sooner or later our infiltration will be found out. Therefore, yes, we are going to split up into either small groups or go solo. Remember that the illusions will only last twenty-four hours, so we have until the end of tomorrow to all gather by the castle, and then storm it."

That said, he turned to his left and right to watch the blood crystals uncomfortably. Although they were just items of nature, he sometimes had the feeling that they were alive, and that they were watching this strange army of humans disguised as vampires...

A light could be seen up ahead, only a minute away now.

Lyon frowned as he walked down the tunnel, troubled the the dying words of the vampire. [i]A plan to harness the power of something, interesting. Unless he does manage to harness that power in the next night or so, he will be dead, and unable to do anything instead.[/i] Continuing on, he paid close attention to the crystals embedded in the wall, glowing with some power inside them. [i]Interesting gems they have here, if we can figure out the secret behind how these work, they could make a very good light source for the both peoples, Vampiric and Human.[/i] Shrugging, he continued in down the tunnel, focussing on the task ahead.

"Twenty-four hours is enough time for me. I'll take a group and go round up the rebels I used to run with. There's, maybe, fifty to a hundred of them and they all hate Asla." Iron felt his face contort into a smirk as he realized just how close they were to achieving a goal that his little resistance group had tried for so long to achieve. Granted, he had run with almost twice the number of soldiers and they hadn't come close through any of their attempts, but he hadn't been in charge of them. He wasn't sure how but he did know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he could lead them better than their previous management who had been captured with him. As he was thinking of all this he and the group continued approaching the light at the end of the tunnel, and then another thought occurred to him.

"We're going to need a rally point so we know where to meet up when everything is said and done." He spoke in a lower tone this time, for some reason thinking that there would be something ahead of them that could overhear them speaking. "Tell me where to be in twenty four hours and I'll make certain my boys 'n girls are in place."

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, inside Elnaer's castle, Kaname continued to explore the facility and eventually wound up inside the prison, only to leave again after nothing out of the ordinary was going on. He had also found the secret entrance to the outside world, which, at the moment was wide open. However, should Kaname formulate the same type of "door" that he [i]himself[/i] had made for his lab, then he could stop the human advancement cold. That was, of course, assuming the humans would go down this way, a route that he couldn't entirely bank on them taking, despite not being surprised if they did.[/color]

[color=#000000]Still, could be worse. Kaname [i]could[/i] be completely unaware of which front they would take.[/color]

While Kaname explored the castle and worked it out with complete disregard to manners, a group of guards were carrying the unconscious hybrid Glân within. Normally, they would take the passage that led underground into the prison underneath, but as Lord Elnaer had specifically commanded them to 'bring him to me', that's exactly what they would have to do. They were nervous and uncomfortable about bringing him along, since he was monstrous and powerful hybrid that he is, but in the end they had successfully got him to the throne room as his consciousness began to spark, and Glân awoke before the throne of the Vampire Lord, where Elnaer sat.

[color=darkred]"Greetings, hybrid."[/color] He greeted, an enchanted bow of what apperaed to be wood in his hands, with strange properties. This was in fact the same bow that Feredir had been looking for, and multiple trees were now growing behind Elnaer's throne, grass somehow beginnng to grow from the marble floor. [color=darkred]"Normally, monstrosities like you are to be killed on sight, but luck has decided to shine itself upon me by bringing you here."[/color] He noted the hybrid's equipment and appearance overall, judging him.

[color=darkred]"Your arm...will do nicely."[/color] He concluded with a sinister grin. The multiple guards that had brought him in were now cowering in fear near the entrance, none of them able to understand what was going on.

He rose up from his golden throne and formed an arrow of pure energy with his magic. He wasn't as skilled as his sister when it came to forming physical objects with magic, but he was still capable of doing it. Then he prepared to use it with the bow, aiming at Glân's right arm...

--------------

"Alsa?" John asked, confused. "But according to reports, some stupid humans got that red-haired kid killed...but anyway, I'm surprised that you have friends of your own. Don't try to attract too much attention."

He stopped once they were at the very edge of the light, which now led up into a hole, that led into an abandoned warehouse in the middle of Nuevida, the capital city of the vampires.

"We will go either by ourselves, or in small groups." He told his men, and women. "Feel free to decide that yourself. According to the report of one of my spies, who is now undercover within the castle as a vampiric servant, there is a small warehouse not unlike the one right above us right next to the castle, which should be the largest building in the whole city, though maybe not the tallest. Who knows? It's around a kilometer away, but you should be able to see it wherever you are. For those of you who have never seen a vampire building before, do not be surprised at their queer nature of being made of metal, or decorated with rubies and sapphires and whatever other gems they like. The streets may also be more paved and straightforward. Remember that they're more advanced than us in every way. Magic is our only ally."

Then he climbed up, using a red crystal to help him get above the hole. The warehouse walls were made of metal, but the floor itself seemed to be made of wooden boards. There was a door that led outside.

"Don't give yourself away as a human. Imitate yourself as a vampire to the best of your ability. And if you are discovered...well..." He shifted uncomfortably at finishing this line. "...just say you went alone."

He shok his face and turned to the door, with a determined look. "I will go first and secure the second warehouse. You may want to memorize the appearance of this one in case you get confused, and you may also want to make up a more exotic name for yourself in case someone asks you. I will be under the name 'Vohn'." He continued. "Good luck, comrades. By tomorrow night, the throne shall be toppled...you get the idea. Let us hope we shall succeed in this [i]last stand.[/i]"

Then he walked out first. To the vampire civillians, he would appear as a noble vampire knight. Not one of the royal guards, but an elegant warrior from another city. He walked deeper in, following the path of the castle, though he did take a few detours to avoid questioning from patrolling guards, as well as casual conversations.

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Glân awoke inside of the lavish throne room of the king. Saying nothing he simply watched and waited to see what the king would do. As the king drew the bow, generating a magical arrow he said that he would take out his arm. That was something [/size][/color][/font][/background][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân would avoid having done at all costs.[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#daa520][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"How about no."[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân stood up and made sure that the arrow was pointing right for his chest. [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#daa520][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"If your going to kill me then you had best shoot me right here," [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân pointed to his heart. [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#daa520][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"becasue I do intend to kill you. Since I am clearly going to die I will tell you this, you are doomed. Be it by my hand or someone else's you will die. When your corpse lies motionless upon the ground, I will stand over your body and laugh at the irony of it all. How the mightiest of the Vampire Kings was killed by the lowest of all beings."[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] At the end of his sentence [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Glân gave the king a dark smile that made everyone of the Royal guards in the room place their hand on the hilt of their blades.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[i]*This color symbolizes the idea that he is speaking in a unified voice rather than his split voices*[/i]

Archived