The YCM "GCM" Project

Strider Tigerwolf

[quote name='The Dark Knight' timestamp='1349814666' post='6041144']
Well...this card would certainly be a start to improving that particular deck type. I don't think it would ever take a hit from it though.
[/quote]

I suppose. Anyways, we should discuss Arclight's point:

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349810086' post='6041096']
For the Xyz FuFu card, why would we make it Continuous and give it protection when we could simply make it a Normal Spell? I am not concerned about a good Rank 1 ever appearing. Like, even as a Normal Spell without a two-turn delay, I'm not sure if Piper Control would play, because that deck doesn't want to banish cards.
[/quote]

I think that the protection effect needs a bit of fine tuning, namely that it should last until your opponent's end phase. However, I still agree that the card should remain a continuous spell with said protection effect. Making it a normal spell would guarantee that the Xyz stays on the field, and a number of rank 1s have effects that make monster invincible by battle for a turn. An insta-summon (after 2 turns of course) of such a monster without any additional vulnerabilities might be a bit too powerful for the card. But that's just my 2 cents. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the changes at least I thought were an improvement.

The protection should be swapped for speed because Rank 1's aren't a huge threat. That being said, I think it should remain a Continuous Spell. Also swapping from banishing cards to sending them to the Graveyard would be a smart decision I think. Maybe not for Rank 2 XYZ's (if we even add that in) but definitely for Rank 1's.

We're not dealing with XYZ bruisers or big Graveyard setups so we could probably afford to "break" the card a bit.

[quote name='The Dark Knight' timestamp='1349818572' post='6041190']
Some of the changes at least I thought were an improvement.

The protection should be swapped for speed because Rank 1's aren't a huge threat. That being said, I think it should remain a Continuous Spell. Also swapping from banishing cards to sending them to the Graveyard would be a smart decision I think. Maybe not for Rank 2 XYZ's (if we even add that in) but definitely for Rank 1's.

We're not dealing with XYZ bruisers or big Graveyard setups so we could probably afford to "break" the card a bit.
[/quote]

So, we should make it an insta-summon card? Considering it only summons rank 1s, this isn't a horrible idea. However, lacking a protection effect means that the monster is going to die in 3 turns, guaranteed. As for what happens to the material cards, I think that banishing would be a good idea, as it can set up sweet combos with leviair, if need be, and it diffuses my skull servants combo.

[quote name='sora1499' timestamp='1349820428' post='6041220']
So, we should make it an insta-summon card? Considering it only summons rank 1s, this isn't a horrible idea. However, lacking a protection effect means that the monster is going to die in 3 turns, guaranteed. As for what happens to the material cards, I think that banishing would be a good idea, as it can set up sweet combos with leviair, if need be, and it diffuses my skull servants combo.
[/quote]
I'm less concerned about Skull Servants than Piper Control, but I think you're right. Banishing still gives a bit of utility without being a powerful Graveyard set-up.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349810086' post='6041096']
For the Xyz FuFu card, why would we make it Continuous and give it protection when we could simply make it a Normal Spell? I am not concerned about a good Rank 1 ever appearing. Like, even as a Normal Spell without a two-turn delay, I'm not sure if Piper Control would play, because that deck doesn't want to banish cards.

For the Counter Trap, if you want a card that copies the negated card, then probably the best bet would be:

[b]"When your opponent would activate a Trap Card: (cost here); Negate the activation and, if you do, Set that card in one of your Spell/Trap Card Zones."[/b]

Based on the art, I would be inclined to make the cost "Tribute 1 Spellcaster-Type monster".
[/quote]
Well, I guess that direction wouldn't be bad but it wont go to your side if your s/t zone is full. Since this would still be on it when it resolves.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1349827378' post='6041274']
Well, I guess that direction wouldn't be bad but it wont go to your side if your s/t zone is full. Since this would still be on it when it resolves.
[/quote]
The usual response to that would be "deal with it". Having a full backrow is pretty unlikely, anyway. It could be written to get around that. Maybe something like...

[b]"When your opponent etc.: etc. etc.; Negate the activation and, if you do, destroy it. After this card resolves, if the negated card is in the Graveyard, Set it one of your Spell/Trap Card Zones."[/b]

This is actually worse. You're more likely to be up against/using a Macro Deck than to have a full backrow.

I agree with Arclight. If it is to be a normal spell, then it's best if it just pops up on the field, Xyz summons , and then leaves. Negating an effect while it's in the graveyard is way too powerful. Although this card is now starting to look a lot more like Instant Fusion than FuFu.

For Skeleton 3. Is everyone in agreement then?

Tiragon's Signal
Spell/Normal
Reveal 1 Rank 1 XYZ Monster in your Extra Deck and banish, from your Main Deck, the appropriate XYZ Materials listed on that card. Special Summon 1 of that XYZ Monster with 2 'Signal Counters' on it. Each 'Signal Counter' is treated as an XYZ Material.

[quote name='The Dark Knight' timestamp='1349837341' post='6041339']
For Skeleton 3. Is everyone in agreement then?

Tiragon's Signal
Spell/Normal
Reveal 1 Rank 1 XYZ Monster in your Extra Deck and banish, from your Main Deck, the appropriate XYZ Materials listed on that card. Special Summon 1 of that XYZ Monster with 2 'Signal Counters' on it. Each 'Signal Counter' is treated as an XYZ Material.
[/quote]
Yeah that seems about right based on what everyone has said.

Skeleton 1:
I support the second effect suggested by Cakey ([b][b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck/Main Deck; Add 1 Level 4 or lower/Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.)[/b][/b]
It fits the monster's theme: He picks 2 wasted (banished) rocks and from those it creates a new, useable (in hand), yet smaller (Level 4 or lower) rock.
But instead, I think the cost should return the banished monsters to the Graveyard (for Megarock, Gigantes, Gaia Plate fuel), rather than to the Deck.
As for the stats, I'm thinking in low ATK/high DEF given the appearance of a wall, and since it Special Summons itself, a low ATK will prevent its use offensively. Perhaps 100-500 ATK, and 2200 DEF?

Skeleton 2:
This card could easily become the Boss Monsters of "Elements". As such, 2700+ ATK and a built-in Special Summon would be ideal. Being treated as FIRE, EARTH, WIND and WATER should be a-must to activate the effects of the "Elements", and it would be easier to Summon than Doriado and Electrum. Also, the powerful "Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan" would become the main weapon of the "Element" Deck.

Suggested description:
Element Kaiser
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Dragon/Effect
Level: 7
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2200
(1000 more ATK/DEF than the rest of the Elements)
Effect: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing a "Element" monster you control while there is a monster(s) whose Attribute is WIND, WATER, FIRE or EARTH. While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH-Attribute. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Element" monster in your field or Graveyard; this card gains that monster's effect(s) until the End Phase.

Concidentally, "Element Dragon", the other Dragon-Type of the "Element" archetype, would be among the best targets of this card, as it boost its ATK to a whooping 3000 while allowing it to attack twice. They also share the same original Attribute. Other decent "Element" choices would be Doom for attacking monsters without fear from their effects, and Saurus for power and negation.

Another approach is that it could become an pseudo-"Black Luster Soldier": High ATK, awesome effect and Summoned by banishing monster. However, instead of requiring 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK, this one could require 1 WATER, 1 FIRE, 1 WIND and 1 EARTH. Such monster would encourage the building of poli-elemental Decks.

Skeleton 3:
I see no point in dealing with "Signal Counters". Why not simply attach the materials from the Deck and banish them after they are detached from the Xyz? (if the Xyz is destroyed, the materials would still be banished).

So, probably something like:
Tiragon's Signal
Spell/Normal
Special Summon 1 Rank 1 Xyz Monster in your Extra Deck and attach its appropiate Xyz Materials from your Main Deck. This Special Summon is treated as a Xyz Summon.) When a Xyz Material(s) of that monster is detached, banish that Xyz Material(s).

Also, the cad's image and its involvement with Xyzs makes me think of Dark Mist, but maybe you don't want to meddle with that card. If you share this feeling, then the card could be changed so it only works on Ranks 1 or 2 [i]that require 3 materials.[/i]

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1349887441' post='6041566']
Skeleton 1:
I support the second effect suggested by Cakey ([b][b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck/Main Deck; Add 1 Level 4 or lower/Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.)[/b][/b]
It fits the monster's theme: He picks 2 wasted (banished) rocks and from those it creates a new, useable (in hand), yet smaller (Level 4 or lower) rock.
But instead, I think the cost should return the banished monsters to the Graveyard (for Megarock, Gigantes, Gaia Plate fuel), rather than to the Deck.
As for the stats, I'm thinking in low ATK/high DEF given the appearance of a wall, and since it Special Summons itself, a low ATK will prevent its use offensively. Perhaps 100-500 ATK, and 2200 DEF?
[/quote]

I...don't entirely agree. It's becoming a +1 instead of a +0 since it gives you the support you need from the Deck, which means you can pull Gigantes out from anywhere now and use it for either offense or Xyz Food. That's why I said the Stratos-esque effect may not be good, which is why I'd consider a draw instead. It's still a +1, but without the guarantee that it'll actually be useful that turn. Also, I'd rather prefer the cards going back into the deck, mainly because Catapult Zone gains more fuel. It's slow, it's predictable, and your opponent actually needs to interact with it in order for you to get something to go off, which is VERY good design, and perhaps supporting catapult would be quite nice.

So...I'm thinking:

[b][b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck; draw 1 card.[/b][/b]

It's simple, it's effective, and useful without being broken.

Skeleton 2:
This card could easily become the Boss Monsters of "Elements". As such, 2700+ ATK and a built-in Special Summon would be ideal. Being treated as FIRE, EARTH, WIND and WATER should be a-must to activate the effects of the "Elements", and it would be easier to Summon than Doriado and Electrum. Also, the powerful "Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan" would become the main weapon of the "Element" Deck.

Suggested description:
Element Kaiser
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Dragon/Effect
Level: 7
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2200
(1000 more ATK/DEF than the rest of the Elements)
Effect: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing a "Element" monster you control while there is a monster(s) whose Attribute is WIND, WATER, FIRE or EARTH. While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH-Attribute. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Element" monster in your field or Graveyard; this card gains that monster's effect(s) until the End Phase.

Concidentally, "Element Dragon", the other Dragon-Type of the "Element" archetype, would be among the best targets of this card, as it boost its ATK to a whooping 3000 while allowing it to attack twice. They also share the same original Attribute. Other decent "Element" choices would be Doom for attacking monsters without fear from their effects, and Saurus for power and negation.

Another approach is that it could become an pseudo-"Black Luster Soldier": High ATK, awesome effect and Summoned by banishing monster. However, instead of requiring 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK, this one could require 1 WATER, 1 FIRE, 1 WIND and 1 EARTH. Such monster would encourage the building of poli-elemental Decks.
[/quote]

Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan doesn't work with Elemental Mistress, and it doesn't work with this. There needs to be 4 different monsters, not 1 treated as all. And remember, we don't want to break the card. We want to make a good deck. If we make a "Grapha" for Elementals, that beats the purpose of "Balance".

Skeleton 3:
I see no point in dealing with "Signal Counters". Why not simply attach the materials from the Deck and banish them after they are detached from the Xyz? (if the Xyz is destroyed, the materials would still be banished).

Tiragon's Signal
Spell/Normal
Special Summon 1 Rank 1 Xyz Monster in your Extra Deck and attach its appropiate Xyz Materials from your Main Deck. This Special Summon is treated as a Xyz Summon.) When a Xyz Material(s) of that monster is detached, banish that Xyz Material(s).

Also, the cad's image and its involvement with Xyzs makes me think of Dark Mist, but maybe you don't want to meddle with that card. If you share this feeling, then the card could be changed so it only works on Ranks 1 or 2 [i]that require 3 materials.[/i]
[/quote]

I actually would prefer this, since there's 1 key card the previous one is overlooking:

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100516044920/yugioh/images/thumb/f/fb/InfernityMirageTSHD-EN-SR-1E.png/300px-InfernityMirageTSHD-EN-SR-1E.png[/img]

Levi into this, and then into loops. All you need, is 1 and the card would provide that 1 card you need.

Agree with the effect of Skeleton 1.

For the Skeleton 2: I didn't know Fuh-Ri didn't work, but thats good enough because the Trap is essentially a Forbidden Card. As for the concept of Boss, unfortunately Boss Monsters are needed to survive the current metagame; if we want to give Elements a chance to surface as an actual archetype, a Boss monster is needed, and perhaps along with 2 or 3 support Spell/Traps. Also, don't forget that, unlike the +1 Bosses Hyperion, Priestess of Prophecy and Grapha (the first destroys a card or even 2 essentially for free, the second Summons herself without cost and also destroys for free, and the last one basically comes from the Graveyard for free), this Kaiser costs you a card, and the only way of gaining profit from it would be with the WIND effect. I actually considered an effect of Summoning a Level 4 "Element" from the Graveyard to compensate the -1 and swarm a bit.
Or maybe the Summoning condition could be changed so, instead of Tributing, it requires the presence of an "Element" monster plus at least 3 different Attributes on the field (including the Attribute of the "Element" monster), so it won't be as easy to Summon and an "Element" monster would stay on the field ready to be copied by the Kaiser. The ability of Kaiser being able to Special Summon itself from the Grave would be removed.

So, this could be the updated effect:
Effect: If you control a Level 4 or lower, DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT, "Element" monster while there are 3 or more face-up monsters with different Attributes, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH-Attribute. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower, DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT, "Element" monster in your field or Graveyard; this card gains that monster's effect(s) until the End Phase.
(I added the Level, attribute and type restrictions so the Kaiser won't indirectly work with Elemental Heroes or the Elemental Lords).

Naturally, LIGHT, DARK and Chaos Decks would be the bane of the "Elements" because with the recurring attributes you won't be able to fulfill Kaiser's condition quickly. However, they might have a chance against HEROes.

Skeleton 1:
As for the stats, I'm thinking in low ATK/high DEF given the appearance of a wall, and since it Special Summons itself, a low ATK will prevent its use offensively. Perhaps 100-500 ATK, and 2200 DEF?[/quote]
[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349889302' post='6041582']
I...don't entirely agree. It's becoming a +1 instead of a +0 since it gives you the support you need from the Deck, which means you can pull Gigantes out from anywhere now and use it for either offense or Xyz Food. That's why I said the Stratos-esque effect may not be good, which is why I'd consider a draw instead. It's still a +1, but without the guarantee that it'll actually be useful that turn. Also, I'd rather prefer the cards going back into the deck, mainly because Catapult Zone gains more fuel. It's slow, it's predictable, and your opponent actually needs to interact with it in order for you to get something to go off, which is VERY good design, and perhaps supporting catapult would be quite nice.

So...I'm thinking:

[b][b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck; draw 1 card.[/b][/b]

It's simple, it's effective, and useful without being broken.[/quote]
First, I agree it's better to return to the Deck than to the Graveyard. Putting them in the Graveyard means they're available for immediate exploitation. Putting them in the deck recycles them, but it also fattens the deck.

However, with drawing versus searching, I'd like to point you back to Stratos. Stratos lets you search whenever it's Normal or Special Summoned - it basically ties E-Heroes together, even though it's at 1. But what if instead of "add 1 "HERO" monster" from your Deck to your hand its effect was "When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can draw 1 card". Would that be better or worse than the original card? Better. Much, much, [i]much[/i] better. Drawing is stronger than searching, generally speaking.

However, what we could do is limit it to searching only Level 4 monsters. That would grab most Rock staples while excluding Block Golem and Grand Mole.

As for the ATK/DEF, low ATK high DEF almost never works. Rock Stun consists only of 1900 ATK monsters and weaker monsters with the most extremely powerful of effects: Block Golem (which is basically just 2 stronger monsters), Grand Mole, and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo. Even making our monster's ATK 1800 is a stretch to its usefulness.

Skeleton 3:

Tiragon's Signal
Spell/Normal

[/quote]
I actually would prefer this, since there's 1 key card the previous one is overlooking:

Levi into this, and then into loops. All you need, is 1 and the card would provide that 1 card you need.
[/quote]
First of all, Dark Mist requires 3 materials, so it would be summonable with this card even with that restriction. As for Infernity Mirage, what about it? It's DARK, 0 ATK and DEF, Level 1, and an Infernity. The only way to make it more searchable would be if it was a Warrior. What specific loops do you have in mind?

Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan doesn't work with Elemental Mistress, and it doesn't work with this. There needs to be 4 different monsters, not 1 treated as all.[/quote]
Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan actually [i]does[/i] work with Doriado, at least according to Upper Deck, although its text does look like it requires 4 different monsters. Elemental Burst, a similar, actually requires 4 monsters.

And remember, we don't want to break the card. We want to make a good deck. If we make a "Grapha" for Elementals, that beats the purpose of "Balance".[/quote]
Grapha is a +1, this is a +0. It needs a little modification (probably a "You can only control 1 face-up "Element Kaizer"), but the Element monsters are mostly monsters with situational effects that aren't much good even when in use (The FIRE and WIND effects are the best, EARTH is occasionally useful, and WATER is pointless), not Dark Worlds.

Making Elements an archetype? Hrm... Elements seem a bit weak to me, as their effects are completely situational and subject to change. The only way to connect these cards together is with a semi-broken boss monster that abuses their effects and a slew of support cards that do things like allow you to change the attributes of monsters on the field. Making such cards would probably turn them into a tier 2 or 3 deck. As for the boss, simply because elements are a weak deck at best, I feel that making it a tweak OP'd wouldn't be such a bad idea.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1349892255' post='6041611']
Agree with the effect of Skeleton 1.
[/quote]

Alright. I just need that last bit of input from the other guys, and we can almost call this card complete.

@ Cakey - The difference is that Stratos doesn't "fatten" the deck, and this does. 2 cards going back into the deck with a +1 "sounds nice" but is also alot more risky given the deck type and drawing may be advantagious, it is relatively more "luck" based and as such weaker than searching. For search, I get what I want, when I want, for a little price.

If Stratos had the Draw effect, he'd be broke. Because he doesn't do anything except draw.
Stratos with the Search IS STILL broke since he "gives" you the plays.

This model requires you to "recycle", before you draw. -> It's a very useful card, but still has that luck orientation.
This model requires you to "recycle", before you search. -> Has no luck orientation and produces far more higher consistency.

On this one:
Draw < Search, which is why I'm saying Draw will be better because it reduces abuse-ability without reducing effectiveness.

Skeleton 2:

@Frex: You have to remember that were are also "Not Konami", and frankly they've done several mistakes lately which is why the Meta was so chaotic in March 2012. Least they're starting to do a decent job with the FIRE monster's their making for the next set so there may still be hope, but again, we can't compete at their level because their level is mainly "Money, f*** balance and gameplay" while our motive should be "no money, EVERY for balance and gameplay".

So, this could be the updated effect:
Effect: If you control a Level 4 DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT "Element" monster: You can Normal Summon this card (from your hand) without Tributes. If this card is in the Graveyard: You can send 1 Level 4 DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT "Element" monster from your hand and tribute 1 face-up Level 4 DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT "Element" monster you control; Special Summon this card. While face-up on the field, this card's attribute is also WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4, DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT, "Element" monster in your field or Graveyard; this card and all other face-up Level 4 DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT "Element" monsters you control gain 1 of that target's effect(s) until the End Phase.
[/quote]

The "Free" Graveyard revival i bad design in-itself, and Grapha wreaks of it. However, an effect that makes it "worth" bringing a monster from the Graveyard isn't a bad design if it's balanced or moderately difficult to preform. The italizized condition allows this "boss" monster to roam, but at the cost of specific advantage, which can make or break you. You lose a "weak" monster, and you lose a potentially useful monster for later play to bring out a dead boss that can now tutor an effect from those monsters sent to the Grave. In fair honesty, this kind of monster should have at least 2500 ATK so that it can become a temporal beater. Also, something to make the card look sexier without breaking it is the fact that if you have a current "Element" monster (with all other conditions), you can Normal Summon it without restrictions/tributes. That is quite a potent effect as it can be brought out easily

Naturally, LIGHT, DARK and Chaos Decks would be the bane of the "Elements" because with the recurring attributes you won't be able to fulfill Kaiser's condition quickly. However, they might have a chance against HEROes.
[/quote]

Which is good. Everything needs a form of weakness...or else...well stuff happens.

---

Skeleton 3

Attaching is better as it keeps the cards in "check" before they are banished. If they are banished instantly, Leviair becomes a new thing where you can tutor "needed" techs at any given point which just makes the card into a "free" Xyz with a "free deck mill".

For infernities, it's very easy to run 3 of these, + a handful of other level 1 tuners, such as Effect Veiler, even though they have their own Infernity Avenger. Being able to bring them both out and about for Leviair set up can lead to Loops, or more realistically Mini-Loop plays. If you want an example, here I go:

Activate "Skeleton 3" card: Special Summon Goldrat/Galaxy Queen/Giant Star (banish 2 Mirages + Avenger/3 Mirages/2 Mirages + "Dead" Veiler).

Foolish a Necromancer, set backrow.

All I have to do is wait for Tourguide/Launcer/Archfiend and I can explode and given the fact that I've upped my consistency + got a free "shield", I can get me a turn or 2 on this along with a "decent" backrow.

@Chance: I understand, so I would rather remove the "Special Summon from grave" condition, and keep it one-way, just like Hyperion. The conditions you suggest are too harsh anyways; at least I wouldn't choose to Summon Kaiser back with its effect. The Normal Summon without Tribute is actually better than requiring 3 different attributes on the field.
On the other hand, by allowing it to copy only 1 effect and passing it to other "Elements" you are taking out the fun from the card, or maybe you could be breaking it: What if 3 "Elements" gained the WIND effect? That's 6 attacks right there, and if those 2 lesser Elements happened to have a built-in FIRE effect, and/or Orichalcos (because Elements won't be relying on the Extra Deck), things would be even worse. As mentioned above, by copying the 2 effects of an Element, the worse you can get is a twice-attacking 3000-ATK beast, which is a bit situational because you would need the Dragon and at the same time it remains vulnerable because not only it loses the ATK at the end of the turn, but also this monster doesn't destroy anything by effect (unlike Grapha, Hyperion, Priestess) and can be affected by Traps that other Bosses would have destroyed before attacking.

Just want to point out that I'm with you with the "we are not Konami" viewpoint, but I think that as long as we don't make +1 Bosses things will be just fine. And as far as I am concerned, this Element Kaiser is still a +0 Boss.

I just got another idea for Skeleton 2:
What if we turned it into a Fusion Monster that requires 1 "Element" monster and another monster with a different Attribute, and gained effects based on the Attributes of his materials (similar to Genex Ally Triforce and Triarm)? It would allow the "Elements" to run Super Polymerization and Dragon's Mirror. The "being treated as the 4 Attributes" and "copy an Element's" effects would remain. Of course, the gained effects won't be the ones the original "Elements" have because then you could get 3500 ATK Kaisers, and the WATER effect is bad.

However, I am hesitant about this because I wouldn't like to turn "Elements" into the next HEROes.

Also, Sora...I need ur pic again

Ninjas...ninja's everywhere [shifty eyes]

@Frex

Skeleton 2:

Normal Summon: Good.
Special Summon: Bad.
Copying effect: Good
Passing copied effect to the other guys: Debate-able.
Keeping it a Boss monster: Good.
Being all 4 Elements: Good.
Making it a Fusion: Debate-able.

In my opinion, I'd rather keep the monster in the Main Deck as a Boss, instead of a Fusion because it deals with a few more issues. It needs to be brought out from the Deck, it needs a decent consistency, and is still quite slow.

Making it a Fusion puts it's speed on a whole other level.

Also, correction on the wind effect:
● WIND: If this card [b][i]destroyed your opponent's monster by battle,[/i][/b] it can attack once again in a row.

So based on all of these...the effect is looking something like this:

[i][b][color=#000000][size=4][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you control a Level 4 DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT "Element" monster: You can Normal Summon this card (from your hand) without Tributes. While face-up on the field, this card's attribute is also WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4, DARK or non Warrior-Type LIGHT, "Element" monster in your field or Graveyard; [insert copy effect here].[/font][/size][/color][/b][/i]

Agree so far with Skeleton 2: I kind of miss the Special Summon effect that requires 3 Attributes on field, but for the sake of balance let's keep it that way. It has Dragon Support going for him anyways (REDMD, Queen Dragun, Eclipse Wyvern, even Leyvaten). Maybe we could change it to DARK for Lightpulsar plays? But then you could simply bring REDMD and then Kaiser.
As for the copying effect, I support the one that copies both effects without passing it to other Elements.

For the latest Skeleton, the artwork makes me think of a Ninjitsu Transformation that was interrupted or gone wrong. It can either be a card that stops or punishes Ninjitsus (or especifically Transformation/Super-Transformation) or effects that Special Summon from the Deck. However, said effects would be more fitting if the card was a Trap, but it can be worked around it by turning it into a Continous Spell Card.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1349899764' post='6041706']
Agree so far with Skeleton 2: I kind of miss the Special Summon effect that requires 3 Attributes on field, but for the sake of balance let's keep it that way. It has Dragon Support going for him anyways (REDMD, Queen Dragun, Eclipse Wyvern, even Leyvaten). Maybe we could change it to DARK for Lightpulsar plays? But then you could simply bring REDMD and then Kaiser.
As for the copying effect, I support the one that copies both effects without passing it to other Elements.
[/quote]

Making it a DARK monster would be nice (lol, Pseudo 5 Headed Dragon), which WOULD make him useful with Chaos Dragons, however, the synergy between Chaos Dragons and Elements is going to be quite tricky to play with, but then again given their mass form of Summon I do believe that's a good thing. And...alright, I'm convinced. Copy both elements, but only onto itself does have the flare of "boss" in it.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1349899764' post='6041706']
For the latest Skeleton, the artwork makes me think of a Ninjitsu Transformation that was interrupted or gone wrong. It can either be a card that stops or punishes Ninjitsus (or especifically Transformation/Super-Transformation) or effects that Special Summon from the Deck. However, said effects would be more fitting if the card was a Trap, but it can be worked around it by turning it into a Continous Spell Card.
[/quote]

Or how about a Quick-Play that "disrupts" Special Summons?

Archived