Sixth Sense

[quote name='Nightmare Zarkus' timestamp='1351097433' post='6052766']
I don't consider something game-breaking if it doesn't irrevocably and significantly turn the tide of the game in your favor with minimal effort

and an easy +1 doesn't do that

edit: my threshold for a card being banworthy is significantly lower than game-breaking, btw
[/quote]
Graceful Charity?

[quote name='Nightmare Zarkus' timestamp='1351097433' post='6052766']
I don't consider something game-breaking if it doesn't irrevocably and significantly turn the tide of the game in your favor with minimal effort

and an easy +1 doesn't do that

edit: my threshold for a card being banworthy is significantly lower than game-breaking, btw
[/quote]
You have a reallllllly strict definition of gamebreaking,but i can get behind it.

[quote name='mido9' timestamp='1351097285' post='6052763']
Pot of greed?
[/quote]

I could make an argument that Pot of Greed is balanced in that it's simply a +1 with no inherent drawbacks or advantages. I wouldn't though.

Sixth Sense however is no matter how you cut it, an advantage. I recently participated in a tournament allowed only one Forbidden card and I chose Sixth Sense. I got it off twice during the tournament. Once was a draw, once was a mill. Both ended up winning me the duel that turn.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1351097500' post='6052767']
Pot of Greed into Dark Hole/Heavy Storm doesn't turn the game around?
[/quote]
I meant on its own

There are tons of two-card combos that are broken, including involving cards that aren't even overpowered on their own. PoG into Heavy Storm/Dark Hole isn't even in the top 5
[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1351097505' post='6052768']
Graceful Charity?
[/quote]
I forgot about that one

Still somewhat arguable though, or was at the time of its inception

[quote name='mido9' timestamp='1351097584' post='6052771']
You have a reallllllly strict definition of gamebreaking,but i can get behind it.
[/quote]
I keep my definition strict because everyone throws around the word broken on every single thing that mildly rustles their jimmies, and I tend to derive great pleasure from actually breaking games

It's -not- interchangeable with "overpowered" or "unbalanced," at least in my view

I can see how this was made. You technically have a 1/3 chance of drawing, making it inconsistent, and it was made back then when the first series. Pot of Greed was legal a couple time iirc, so this was not out of the question.
As said above, also mill wasn't concidered a good thing.

That said, nowadays this can't be back. It's a potential +6 if you chain it, and not much lower than that on other cases.

Archived