A counter trap.

cr47t

The following card idea is my most fail idea yet.
Go here for a MUCH better counter trap: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/292419-another-counter-trap/page__p__6062063#entry6062063"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/292419-another-counter-trap/page__p__6062063#entry6062063[/url]

This fail idea is dedicated to Agro, who said "Exodia shouldn`t exist".

I`m not sure what to name this yet, but here`s what it does:
"Activate only when your opponent activates the effect of "Exodia the Forbidden One". Negate the effect activation, and discard your opponent`s hand. The activation of this card cannot be negated."

I was going to make it so that it banished your opponent`s hand, but that was overpowered, so I changed it.

Exodia isn't even an effect that activates.
Exodia's auto-win is continuous that is always checking the number of limbs in your hand, and as soon as you get the 5th piece, you automatically win.

Its like trying to say Divine Wrath works against Exodia-
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=8][b]IT DOESN'T[/b][/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352150286' post='6061500']
Exodia's auto-win is continuous that is always checking the number of limbs in your hand, and as soon as you get the 5th piece, you automatically win.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=8][b]IT DOESN'T[/b][/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]
^this.

[quote name='Teaching dragon' timestamp='1352153656' post='6061578']
Actually, exodia s head has some kind of effect, I forget what it is but I know it does
[/quote]
Point is that it doesn't activate.

Not much to say about this. Just because Dark Hole exists, doesn't make me any more willing to use White Hole. The same applies to this, even if it can actually stop Exodia.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352150286' post='6061500']

[/quote]

Exodia`s effect is what makes the autowin, and this card can be activated when your opponent declares exodia.

[quote name='Teaching dragon' timestamp='1352153656' post='6061578']
Actually, exodia s head has some kind of effect, I forget what it is but I know it does
[/quote]

The exodia head`s effect is this: "When you have Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Left Leg of the Forbidden One, and Right arm of the Forbidden One in addition to this card in your hand, you win the Duel."

[quote name='Saynt' timestamp='1352150286' post='6061500']

Point is that it doesn't activate.

Not much to say about this. Just because Dark Hole exists, doesn't make me any more willing to use White Hole. The same applies to this, even if it can actually stop Exodia
[/quote]

Yes, it does activate. When it activates, you win.

[quote name='cr47t' timestamp='1352156510' post='6061648']
Exodia`s effect is what makes the autowin, and this card can be activated when your opponent declares exodia.[/quote]
Actual ruling:
[quote]When you add the fifth piece to your hand and declare that you win the Duel, you are using a victory condition. [b]You are not activating a monster's effect, so "Divine Wrath" and "Gladiator Beast War Chariot" cannot be activated.[/b][/quote]
Stop being bad, please.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352156823' post='6061657']
Actual ruling:

Stop being bad, please.
[/quote]

Exodia`s effect is the victory condition. (If exodia does not have an effect, my bad.)

Also, how does the card ideas people post [size=4]determine if they are [/size]good or evil.
[size=8][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=8][b][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=8][b]IT DOESN'T[/b][/size][/color][/font][/size][/b][/size][/color][/font][/b][/size]

I could've sworn I saw someone make a post saying that if a card conflicts with the rules, the card gets its way. But that person probably might have been wrong, so whatever.

While this card probably can't stop Exodia, Exodia today is a Deck that is focused on winning in... like... one turn. Now, if the Exodia player goes first, you do not even have time to Set this.

If you want a Counter Trap to stop Exodia, you can make it chain to a card effect that allows your opponent to draw, having it negate it and prevent your opponent from drawing for the rest of the turn. This makes it a bit more playable against a few other Decks, but it still is a Counter Trap that can't be Set against OTKs.

Now, if you found a monster, and gave it an effect that would let you send this card from your hand to the Graveyard (during either player's turn) to negate a drawing effect and stop your opponent, then it is a bit more reliable against the OTK/FTK Decks. Although, I'm not sure how many people have already done this or something similar, but meh.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1352158184' post='6061713']
Something something cards that stop Exodia[/quote]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101118005437/yugioh/images/thumb/3/31/DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg[/img]
TC should take this card's approach to making something anti-Exodia, instead of cards that can't even activate in the first place.

Just saying, you can't chain anything to Exodia, so just make something that tears apart it's deck, would would cripple in in the long run, and give you a chance to stop said OTK.
Hell, cards like Greed and Chain Energy would even do that.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352163023' post='6061835']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101118005437/yugioh/images/thumb/3/31/DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg[/img][/quote]
B-but that doesn't negate the first card, a-and it works against b-both people, a-and he could've made it a Tour Guide target a-a-and give it an ATK score. /Whine.
[quote]TC[/quote]
That better be the OP. Or someone else reading this thread. Or someone who definitely is not me. Because I think the OP's name has the 'c' before the 't'.

[quote]Just saying, you can't chain anything to Exodia, so just make something that tears apart it's deck, would would cripple in in the long run, and give you a chance to stop said OTK.
Hell, cards like Greed and Chain Energy would even do that.
[/quote]
I wish Greed wouldn't activate during the End Phase. And I haven't the slightest on how much Chain Energy is threatening to Exoderpia players.

That said, we could have a better D&L Bird. Maybe a different Type, Attribute, or whatever to make it playable in a few other aspects of the game other than its hand-trap ability.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352163023' post='6061835']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101118005437/yugioh/images/thumb/3/31/DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-DrollLockBirdSTBL-EN-R-1E.jpg[/img]
TC should take this card's approach to making something anti-Exodia, instead of cards that can't even activate in the first place.
[/quote]

Actually, I already did an anti-Exodia Spell that`s not this one.

Name: Exodia Buster
Card: Quick-Play Spell
Effect: Your opponent reveals his or her hand. If he/she had 4 "Forbidden One" cards in your hand, you win the Duel. If he.she has 3 "Forbidden One" cards in his/her hand, your opponent takes damage equal to the number of cards in his/her hand x 400, then he/she shuffles all "Forbidden One" cards in his/her hand back into the Deck.

I guess Exodia Buster is a much more usable card than the counter trap in the OP.

[quote name='cr47t' timestamp='1352166134' post='6061866']
Actually, I already did an anti-Exodia Spell that`s not this one.

Name: Exodia Buster
Card: Quick-Play Spell
Effect: Your opponent reveals his or her hand. If he/she had 4 "Forbidden One" cards in your hand, you win the Duel. If he.she has 3 "Forbidden One" cards in his/her hand, your opponent takes damage equal to the number of cards in his/her hand x 400, then he/she shuffles all "Forbidden One" cards in his/her hand back into the Deck.

I guess Exodia Buster is a much more usable card than the counter trap in the OP.
[/quote]

When I said "an anti-Exodia card that`s not THIS ONE", "THIS ONE" refers to the counter trap in the OP.

Whoa whoa whoa don't quote the entire post you just wrote.

That card has the same problem as Background mentioned. Even though it's a quick-play, Exodia can still go first and win instantly. And even then, the other effects are just silly. If you managed to get the 3-card effect off, I imagine that the Exodia player could still win. Quite easily, if I may add.

I'm not sure what to think about straight-up winning the duel, but I don't seem to like it.

...I do appreciate your hatred of Exodia, though. Oh well, that's what OTKs are.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352166598' post='6061870']
Here's an issue: All anti-exodia cards are s*** because not enough people play exodia.
[/quote]

Good point.

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/292419-another-counter-trap/page__p__6062063#entry6062063"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/292419-another-counter-trap/page__p__6062063#entry6062063[/url]

Archived