The YCM End-of-the-Year Game (EVILS WON, CONGRATS!)

CinnamonStar

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'kay, there will be a thread in RP for this.^^
Therefore I moved all those of you who had that as a preference there, which makes

[b]RP[/b]
1. Chaos Sonic
2. Neph
3. Simdoggy

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][b]Writers and fictional characters --> Literature[/b]
1.[/size][/font] DaWeirdGuy
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]2. [/size][/font]Dwarven King

Though I have no clue what the RP area should be like yet.=S
Perhaps Yugioh, since the site is based on it and many RPs tend to be about Yugioh? But too narrow, dunno...
I'm thinking about putting Movies and Music into one thing though.

[quote name='★東洋★' timestamp='1355400862' post='6091986']
Darn, C&O and Literature (which is where I lurk the most) are both already full... I guess I'll join Video Game Characters then.
[/quote]

C/O is full, but the other 2 are open.
Which one?=o

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1355363470' post='6091753']
Literature please. I would like to "work" with DaWeirdGuy. ^^
[/quote]

DK!!! T'will be a merry holiday after all!

So you did manage to seperate RP & literature? That's good. I'd move to RP, but it's getting full and Literature needs some people, I think.
However, as they are both very closely linked areas I propose a miniature, primarily in-character alliance that would have no actual effect on the game itself, but might make the actual writing more entertaining. Anyone accept this alliance?

PS: Why dont you make RP be manga characters or something, considering a lot of the stuff in RP is Manga based/influenced? Pokémon, Yugioh, Bleach, Naruto, etc.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1355437055' post='6092317']

So you did manage to seperate RP & literature? That's good. I'd move to RP, but it's getting full and Literature needs some people, I think.
However, as they are both very closely linked areas I propose a miniature, primarily in-character alliance that would have no actual effect on the game itself, but might make the actual writing more entertaining. Anyone accept this alliance?

PS: Why dont you make RP be manga characters or something, considering a lot of the stuff in RP is Manga based/influenced? Pokémon, Yugioh, Bleach, Naruto, etc.
[/quote]

Eh... The thing is, people don't know their roles yet and any alliances within the game tend to be vague. Because you never know who you're [i]really[/i] trusting here.
If that's what you mean.=o

And sounds good. RP people are manga characters (also putting anime in there because they overlap).

I'm going to start sending profile sheets out, so that people get a better idea of things.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1355437055' post='6092317']

[/quote]

I accept this alliance on behalf of the Writing section!

Alright, welcome!
Waiting for the last entries, but I'm already posting the game host statement.[list]
[*][b]There ARE third parties.[/b] Honestly, the Pokémon game was like a warm-up to this.xD
[*][b]The good to evil ratio will be around 9:2.[/b]
[*][b]I will announce the different phases.[/b]
[*][b]Night and Day Phases will last about 12 hours each, depending on people's activity and how fast things go.[/b]
[*][b]The game host will not give false information.[/b]
[*][b]The game host may jump in and RP as random characters to get the game going.[/b]
[*][b]Since this is a game event, you can post as you wish. Half-RP style, pseudo-sentences in first or third person - just make sure you post something readable at least once per day, because someone who just lurks...might look like s/he's too busy discussing things with the other evils.;D[/b]
[*][b]B[/b][b]asically, talk talk talk and don't look suspicious.=D[/b]
[/list]
inb4KingDodrio x)

Seems like it should be successful. 18 entries should mean roughly 15:3 or 14:4 people; it's the closest I could get to fairness. Ideally, we would have 22 people so as to get 18:4, but that doesn't seem to work. 14:3 would've been only 1/2 a person off, so I would suggest 15:3, but that might seem unfair to the evils.

[quote name='Altair' timestamp='1355514588' post='6093106']
Ahh! I must join this! I would melt in sadness if I missed this opportunity...

Literature section...?

Gosh, I hope YCMaker is okay...
[/quote]

You sound like you'd make a good YCMaker's naughty nurse spot.
But welcome.:3

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1355522223' post='6093228']
Seems like it should be successful. 18 entries should mean roughly 15:3 or 14:4 people; it's the closest I could get to fairness. Ideally, we would have 22 people so as to get 18:4, but that doesn't seem to work. 14:3 would've been only 1/2 a person off, so I would suggest 15:3, but that might seem unfair to the evils.
[/quote]

Well, the ideal for mafia games is to have an uneven number. That way, it's more likely to have a clear (non-tied) win.
From there, it should be possible to keep the usual 9:2 ratio, but there's one thing that can cause screw-up: ABILITIES. Unlike the Pokémon game, it should be possible to revive someone or drag people to the other side.=o Just as examples, I haven't really thought about who gets what yet.

Archived