~YCM's Dating Club~ (Join, because we're cool ;D)

DL 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Nathanael Darius Striker' timestamp='1355722695' post='6095577']
And I'm still alone, though I know my time will come. Just wish it would come sooner rather than later.
[/quote]
Just chiiiiill brooo ;D

@Monkey

Ooh, it matches another username? Who? o3o

And also, can I find it hilarious that yout gf has the same name as Black's sister?

UNLESS IT'S THE SAME- *shot*

[quote name='Darklink401' timestamp='1355749138' post='6095657']
Ooh, it matches another username? Who? o3o
[/quote]

That would be Kitty.

[quote]
And also, can I find it hilarious that yout gf has the same name as Black's sister?
[/quote]

I know, it was a weird coincidence to me as well.

[quote]
UNLESS IT'S THE SAME- *shot*
[/quote]

*lowers shotgun*

I met her in Paris, at the second school I attended. It started out very awkwardly, the first few months we knew each other we barely talked (Since I was clinging to the one guy I knew from my previous school, and so was she). EVENTUALLY after [acronym='If I kissed you right now, would you slap me?']the worst confession ever[/acronym], she reciprocated. Time went by and we had fun. By the end of the year I walked her home every day after school.

...Theeeeeen I had to come back and felt like s***.

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1355759550' post='6095748']
Rep because that story is almost as kawaii as DL denying his love for me.
I've never been in France, but maybe it'll increase my chances when people learn one of my ancestors was a French princess. That's why I live in Quebec now.
[/quote]

sjfhglkdfhglsgj What people speak in Quebec can hardly be called french at all. It's (according to some Canadian acquaintances) basically English with french words.

I wonder how you have it to tell that to somebody who lives right next to Montreal. The French you're referring to riddled with anglicisms and is very informal. Only various words and swears are really used that are English, rather than the hyperboles you were told.

The formal French and such learned in schools uses no anglicisms at all. Teachers actually attempt to have the students desist from using them.

Well, obviously the french they teach in schools is going to be textbook french. It's taught in school. But when one talks about "how they speak in X" you evidently mean everyday language. Not to mention the OHGOD accent.

And, I think I've told you this before, but don't you think you try a bit too hard with your choice of words? Or so to say, have decided to address other visitors of this online discussion forum with a somewhat obnoxious and unnecessarily extended vocabulary?

The French is mostly French by far. It has anglicisms, but they're not so common that the language is mostly English with a bit of French. It's nothing like that at all. Many of the people who speak English well speak it much better than almost anybody with English as a first language. That can also be attributed to English being a second language, making the learning of it less culturally biased.

Not at all. It's annoying itself to assume everybody is trying hard because they're eloquent to a degree. This is simple prose for me~
I won't change, if you're wondering. That would be me trying too hard itself.

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1355764028' post='6095820']
The French is mostly French by far. It has anglicisms, but they're not so common that the language is mostly English with a bit of French. It's nothing like that at all. Many of the people who speak English well speak it much better than almost anybody with English as a first language. That can also be attributed to Emglish being a second language, making the learning of it less culturally biased.
[/quote]

Oh, sorry, you must have misunderstood what I said. The language [i]sounds[/i] like french.

*sigh* If we really were to get in depth about what I actually mean with what I'm saying, it could take a while. So I'll use this instead, it might make things quicker.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw5Re7k1KBA[/media]

Notice the difference in their accents. That is what french people label as the OHGOD accent.

[quote]
Not at all. It's annoying itself to assume everybody is trying hard because they're eloquent to a degree. This is simple prose for me~
I won't change, if you're wondering. That would be me trying too hard itself.
[/quote]

When I say "try too hard" I don't mean you're thinking about which words you use, that's not realistic. I basically mean that it's not the kind of wording you'd expect in a forum. Eloquency doesn't necessarily boil down to wider vocabulary, it's more about how good a person is to get their point across.

Anyway, it's not like I'm asking you to change the way you type. Consider it... a compliment, if anything.

There certainly is a large difference between French over there and French over here. My last French teacher was actually from Paris and noticed quite a few of differences, probably disliking the language how it is spoken here. A good comparison to help understand the difference is English here to English in Australia, though they have less infighting.

That was my fault for making that sort of assumption. GameFAQs is full of bigoted cynics who find any eloquence to be artificial and forced to the point anybody skilled with the language is probably an idiot. That attitude disgusts me and it's probably why I try to change it whenever I see it here.

It's certainly a compliment when Alfred says you're eloquent.

[quote name='Ginko The Mushi Master' timestamp='1355767569' post='6095876']
Username: Ginko The Mushi Master
Are you in a relationship: Yesh
Do you have love experience: Yesh
Do you mind having your relationship status open to public? Nope

So, hello all!
[/quote]

Get out of my house.

I was actually originally going to say only that, but I remembered a moderator was part of this club and warned us to not make posts that are less than one line. For that reason, I made this sentence.

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1355767942' post='6095883']
Get out of my house.

I was actually originally going to say only that, but I remembered a moderator was part of this club and warned us to not make posts that are less than one line. For that reason, I made this sentence.
[/quote]
I see. How quaint. Although I do find that this rule stands on it's own two feet and actually intrigues me in such a way that I like this club a bit more than I usually do. I actually haven't joined a club in a long time so this is quite refreshing to say the least.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Not only do we talk about romance, sex and dating, but we also talk down to each other and find ways to hurt each other while looking like a family at the same time. Just look at DL. He's a dirty-minded fool with the best last name ever and hates me so much he'd tear my throat out if he could, but we still manage to live together peacefully, taking care of one another.

And soon, you'll join this family. We're more dysfunctional than any family who preaches it or not because of our incredible range of people. The only ones we're missing now are Fusion and KawaiiGallantmon.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1355769052' post='6095900']
Man, I haven't used my French since high-school. I really need to fix that before I lose it.
I also got the opportunity to go to France for a summer, a grand experience.
Picked up as many swear words as I could. Didn't pick up any ladies though, because I was spoken for at the time.
[/quote]
I like to woo my GF by using the Assassin's Creed II technique.

I basically just create a hybrid of English and Latin and turn it around with a slight Florentine accent. I swear it drives her crazy XD It is great cuz I can swear in my math class!

[quote name='Ginko The Mushi Master' timestamp='1355769635' post='6095910']

I basically just create a hybrid of English and Latin and turn it around with a slight Florentine accent. I swear it drives her crazy XD It is great cuz I can swear in my math class!
[/quote]

There's that, or the "Sweet nothings" method. Just whisper conjugations in her ear "Je suis, tu es, il est"

on the subject of how people talk, there isnt really a "right" way to talk on forums (or anywhere else). people just talk how they talk and thats really the end of it!

for example my punctuation light "chillcaps" dealie is something i use in every single informal setting. im not gonna change it just because im in a different place. and alice is pretty eloquent no matter where she is!

anyways, yeah i know it wasnt gonna happen without my permission but since my girlfriend is not a member of this site i would appreciate it if her privacy were respected etc.

[quote name='Ginko The Mushi Master' timestamp='1355769635' post='6095910']

[/quote]

...Teach me your ways master!

lol jk, but for srs there can only be one Latin speaker, so we're going to have to duke it out.
*raises boxing gloves*
Put em' up!

[quote name='Ginko The Mushi Master' timestamp='1355790122' post='6096292']
I'll beat the crap outta you, you pezzo de merde!
[/quote]

Izaya, chill out. No need to fight over something as silly as this.

TBH with you guys, I don't think I have any traits that make me stand out from the rest. Oh well, average is okay.

Archived