Current OCG meta?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OCG's meta seems to change every day. The only deck in the top 10 that I saw in the last big tournament was Mermails and Wind-Ups. Both in the bottom half of the top 10 and together making up less than a third of the decks in the top 10.

OCG, you confuse me.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the Verz uprising was a direct result of all the Dark Worlds, though.

[quote name='☆~Rin-chan~☆' timestamp='1356840376' post='6105842']
Or maybe it's just that the OCG has better players and their meta is more diversified because of it?

I'm really liking the Verz and Sacreds.
[/quote]
Or they just get the cards first so they actually have to come up with decks unlike us.

It doesn't usually produce good results. Netdecking often ignores shifts in the meta - if everybody starts running a deck that topped a YCS, for example, smarter players will start running decks or tech cards that play well against that deck because of the inevitable net-deck avalanche that will follow. See: huge amount of Macro Rabbit running around, and consequently my HERO deck flourishing ^.^

Netdecking isn't bad. People just think that it isn't good. Which is wrong.

Netdecking is an important part of the learning process. It helps certain players figure out how certain decks play before they edit them to their own liking.

I still don't understand why everyone gets angry over it. :\

[quote name='TheTurtleOnceCalledGod' timestamp='1356882302' post='6106078']
To be honest, the problem is people playing decks that have no idea how to play, and just using it because its in the top.
[/quote]

This isn't a problem if the intent is to learn how the deck works and improve it if necessary.

Archived