The Music Lovers Club

Susie

The whole band itself, and what it stands for is great to me. They're like pioneers, in my opinion; I'm pretty sure nothing like that's been done before.

There other stuff is quite good, but that seems to be their most famous and popular cover, and it's quite easy to understand why. But their original stuff is really great. 'Face Stealer' is a good song. I'm tempted to buy their album; especially considering it's possibly the only Electronica band/artist/act that I actually love.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, you like BB and 3DG WeirdG? =D

I've only heard 3 songs from 3DG (I Hate Everything About You, Pain, and Animal I Have Become, but they're cool <3)

And I absolutely love BB >.<

Too bad they broke up...

Hopeless is still an AMAZING song tho

BB = Breaking Benjamin, right? I just wanna check to make sure

Anyways let's get onto albums instead, my favorite albums are:
Kid A (Radiohead), Amnesiac (Radiohead), Oceanic (ISIS), The Downward Spiral (Nine Inch Nails), Amber (Autechre), Selected Ambient Works 85-92 (Aphex Twin), Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 (Aphex Twin), Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd), Discovery (Daft Punk), Hurry Up We're Dreaming (M83), Ultravisitor (Squarepusher), Music Has The Rights To Children (Boards of Canada) and that's all that I can think of at the moment

I had a massive Three Days Grace addiction for a month or two about 2 years ago, so yeah, I'm a fan. And Breaking benjamin have always been pretty good - Diary of Jane still remains my favourite song by them, though Dance with the Devil is great.

As for 3DG, there's a ton of songs you should listen to; I.h.e.a.y, Pain and Animal are just their most well known songs - though, to be honest, are also the songs I would initially recommend. Never too late, Riot and Lost in You are other good ones I suggest. Home is also quite good.

And have you listened to Thousand Foot Klutch. They're similar to BB & 3DG, and everyone I know that likes BB & 3DG likes TFK.

Slipknot are a great band, just some of their songs are a bit weird. Not always growly though. Before I Forget is a good heavy song with no growling, and probably their most popular. And Snuff is a good meaningful one, rather slow and acoustic. Used to make me cry occasionally, when I was in a bad mood. 

If you like Slipknot, try Stone Sour. They're not as heavy, but have the same singer and one of the Guitarists, so they're not that different really.

Oh, and also from their singer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHDkKxtAn0

Bit late, but it's my favourite christmas song.

Speaking of Stone Sour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzDsGyxsQM

Since it's my favourite song. Ever.

I like their style of music in general, just they're in general not as good as other bands imo. Through Glass is still absolutely fantastic.

Nice one, I used to love that song

I completely forgot about it until now

I can agree that they aren't as good as other bands

But they still are nice to listen to

To be fair, that's cos Stone Sour is more of a Side-project to Slipknot. So it doesn't really get as much attention. But a lot of their songs are quite nice. Through Glass & Haunt me are 2 of my favourite of their songs. There's another, but I cant remember its name. >.>

But I thought you'd like snuff. :D It's an amazing song, one of their best. I honestly dont know a single person that hasn't liked it when they've listened to it.

But I thought you'd like snuff. :D It's an amazing song, one of their best. I honestly dont know a single person that hasn't liked it when they've listened to it.

Snuff is a beautiful and amazing song

Sometimes the more hardcore bands

Always end up making the most beautiful songs

Yep, pretty much

If only the mass of music listeners weren't so ignorant to dismiss that.

If you ask me

It kind of makes sense

That someone would dismiss that

Since hardcore bands

Mostly do hardcore music

And Since we are on the topic on hardcore bands making beautiful songs:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPJThiLQY4[/media]

Archived