The Music Lovers Club

Susie

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yAvJm.jpg[/img]

Hello music lovers of all genres here hanging out on YCM
This is a club dedicated for you!
In The Music Lovers Club we all are people who appreciate different types of music
So come on in and enjoy yourselves

[spoiler=Application]
What are your favorite genres:
Your favorite band:
Your favorite solo artist:
How frequently do you listen to music:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]
[b]1[/b].Respect others taste in music, people have the freedom to choose whatever music to post here and if you don't like it and want to give in your own input make it constructive or reasonable [u]not[/u] something like "hur dur dis iz nawt muzic dis is gaaaaayyy"

[b]2[/b].Use proper spelling, this should be obvious. If you're just spelling like a 15 year old teenage girl then that is not okay.

[b]3[/b].If someone makes a criticism about a song you've posted take that person's opinion as an opinion. We don't need a giant war over one musician, this is not the comments section on youtube.

[b]4[/b].Only speak about talent if you know that genre well enough. Don't be the angry metalhead who considers anything talentless if there is no heavy metal riff in it.

[b]5[/b]. The simplest rule of them all, follow any of the YCM rules while you're in here. Have common sense people
[/spoiler]

If you break any of these rules then you will receive a warning. 5 warnings and you will be kicked out for a week. If you get 5 warnings again then you are banned permanently from the club.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=List of members]
clairedestroyer
Hayate Ayasaki
Coral Blue
Yan-Tsundere Barrel
Hina
Aaune
Crazy on New Years
DaWeirdGuy
Renji
Marluxia
Fusion X. Denver
Borderline Unplayable
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=List of Warned Members]
N/A
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=List of Banned Members]
N/A
[/spoiler]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Hardcore punk, post-metal, post-hardcore, skramz, experimental[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band(s): Converge, ISIS, Hot Water Music, Radiohead [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Don't really have one[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: 24/7[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Coral Blue' timestamp='1357704693' post='6115863']
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Hardcore, post-metal, [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: 24/7[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Looks a little bit incomplete you seemed to have left some blank spots there
And also any genres other then the two listed that you'd listen to?
Because this club is made for people who have an open ear to multiple genres

What are your favorite genres: noise, noise rock, post-rock, pop, jpop, grindcore, most other kinds of rock, rap
Your favorite band: Les Rallizes Dénudés
Your favorite solo artist: im gonna count tUnE-yArDs because despite inviting a few people to play on w h o k i l l i think shes still intending to do everything solo.
How frequently do you listen to music: all the time. i never stop. i am become music.

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1357705365' post='6115868']
What are your favorite genres: noise, noise rock, post-rock, pop, jpop, grindcore, most other kinds of rock
Your favorite band: Les Rallizes Dénudés
Your favorite solo artist: im gonna count tUnE-yArDs because despite inviting a few people to play on w h o k i l l i think shes still intending to do everything solo.
How frequently do you listen to music: all the time. i never stop. i am become music.
[/quote]

Accepted, enjoy your stay

[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Might as well. Though I might not be TOO active.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Mostly alternative rock and rap. I'm open to pretty much anything though.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band: Linkin Park. Closely followed by: Hollywood Undead, Breaking Benjamin, Green Day[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Eminem?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Like every day, dawg[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1357706060' post='6115877']
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Might as well. Though I might not be TOO active.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Mostly alternative rock and rap. I'm open to pretty much anything though.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band: Linkin Park. Closely followed by: Hollywood Undead, Breaking Benjamin, Green Day[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Eminem?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Like every day, dawg[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

It's alright be as active as you want here
And accepted

[quote name='Coral Blue' timestamp='1357704693' post='6115863']
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Hardcore punk, post-metal, post-hardcore, skramz, experimental[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band(s): Converge, ISIS, Hot Water Music, Radiohead [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Don't really have one[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Accepted as well

[quote name='Aphex Twin' timestamp='1357704861' post='6115865']
Looks a little bit incomplete you seemed to have left some blank spots there
And also any genres other then the two listed that you'd listen to?
Because this club is made for people who have an open ear to multiple genres
[/quote]

I accidentally hit "post" before I was finished.

Wasn't there a club similar to this one that died a while ago?
Meh, whatever.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Techno/dubstep/electro, Korean pop, Metal (heavy/death/black/gothic), classical.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite group(s): 4minute, 2ne1, Kara, Nile, Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Hyuna Kim[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Out of the three worlds I live in, music is one of them. So, quite frequent.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357706582' post='6115886']
Meh, whatever.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Techno/dubstep/electro, Korean pop, Metal (heavy/death/black/gothic), classical.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite group(s): 4minute, 2ne1, Kara, Nile, Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Hyuna Kim[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Out of the three worlds I live in, music is one of them. So, quite frequent.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

I never knew that there was a music club before
But yeah accepted

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357706582' post='6115886']
Meh, whatever.

[/quote]

I have a friend that really likes Nile, going to see them in April.

[quote name='Coral Blue' timestamp='1357706750' post='6115891']
I have a friend that really likes Nile, going to see them in April.
[/quote]

Oh lord.
Seeing Nile LIVE.
Have fun with the musical hangover the next day.

Oh hey, we should probably start with a topic.
Anyone here ever heard of Grimes?
I stumbled upon her music thanks to Youtube's weird suggested video list. Not sure whether to thank them or shun myself for not knowing she existed earlier.

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357706916' post='6115894']
Oh hey, we should probably start with a topic.
Anyone here ever heard of Grimes?
I stumbled upon her music thanks to Youtube's weird suggested video list. Not sure whether to thank them or shun myself for not knowing she existed earlier.
[/quote]

I don't know Grimes at all
Could you give us an example of her works?

[quote name='Aphex Twin' timestamp='1357707009' post='6115899']
I don't know Grimes at all
Could you give us an example of her works?
[/quote]

Gladly ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyNGSPX_8g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

The reason why I didn't post the actual MV for the first one is because it's weird.
But she's adorable. <3 And talented. ^^

[quote name='Aphex Twin' timestamp='1357707552' post='6115913']
How could I have not known of her until now
[/quote]

I know right?
She's amazing.
And of course she had to have a rough childhood. :/
Why is it that all the troubled kids grow up to be so successful?

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357707382' post='6115909']
Gladly ^^

The reason why I didn't post the actual MV for the first one is because it's weird.
But she's adorable. <3 And talented. ^^
[/quote]

Interesting mix of electronic pop and ambience...kinda cool but I'm not sure if it really meshes with me, haha.

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357707697' post='6115917']
Why is it that all the troubled kids grow up to be so successful?
[/quote]

Because they've gone through the bad life experience and have felt emotions that most of us haven't been able to.
And because of that artists who have a rough time growing up can put more emotion and passion into their music

I have to leave in a minute, but here.

What are your favorite genres: Gothic rock, gothic metal, ethereal darkwave, classical, Baroque (despite being a period), trance, Visual Kei
Your favorite band: Yousei Teikoku, Asriel, Malice Mizer,
Your favorite solo artist: None in specific
How frequently do you listen to music: Several times a day for ten minutes to three or four hours.

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1357708123' post='6115927']
I have to leave in a minute, but here.

What are your favorite genres: Gothic rock, gothic metal, ethereal darkwave, classical, Baroque (despite being a period), trance, Visual Kei
Your favorite band: Yousei Teikoku, Asriel, Malice Mizer,
Your favorite solo artist: None in specific
How frequently do you listen to music: Several times a day for ten minutes to three or four hours.
[/quote]

You are accepted
Have fun here!

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1357708486' post='6115932']
Why? Does that video have something to do with me personally or are you interested in my musical taste?
[/quote]

I am catching on to it, yes, and that song was just catchy. So I was just wondering.

Archived