H.O.T.D. (Highschool of the Dead) DEAD Truth [Not Started/Not Accepting](PG-16)

Yosuke-kun

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=app]

bjfl1z.jpg

"Life is like chess....Always be three steps ahead..."

Name: Jaden McDaniel
Grade: Senior

[spoiler=Personality:] Jaden is your typical quiet guy, going about his life and minding his own business  He doesn't talk much, but not to seem cool or anything, but simply because he likes the quiet. Due to his home being loud all the time silence is something he values. Though he isn't rude, and if you come up to him and speak he won't ignore you, but the conversation may be a bit dull. However, because he's silent most people stay away from him thinking that he is either weird or one of those 'arrogant cool' types. Though that doesn't prevent his desk from being bombarded by secret love letters. In truth he is a kind guy, you just have to get past his dull personality and get him to open up which he doesn't like to do. It's not that it's a big secret but he finds it annoying. The reason being is that people began to feel sorry for him and offer false sympathy which he has had and heard enough of. When it comes to manors he is very old fashion, meaning he is the one who holds open doors for females, gives up his seat and is generally mindful of females. Not to say his is rude to males, but he just believes in being polite. Jaden is also family oriented. He enjoys sports, being part of the basketball team as well as part of the chess team. Jaden's the kind of guy who likes to watch whats going on around him, and has a soft spot for children due to his circumstances and will often act out of character when it comes to them. Overall, he is generally a kind thoughtful person who people just need to work on getting close too.[/spoiler]

Talents/Abilities N/A
Voice Actor: J. Michael Tatum
Crush: N/A

[spoiler=Appearance:] 2lkpsgk.jpgQuite an odd choice of clothing but he is wearing a formal dress suit. The reason being is that he was to attend a mock interview when everything went crazy. That goes to show that even when the world goes to hell he can still look damn good.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio:] Jaden was born on September 15th, to Micheal and Jane Coulie who would, unfortunately, only live to see Jaden grow only to five. Their early death was due to a car accident with a large 18 wheeler. The driver of the large truck was nodding off at the wheel, but his parents hadn't noticed until it was too late. The truck driver nodded off and swerved into the highway lane. By some miracle Jaden survived only suffering a minor concussion, a broken arm and some small bruising and cuts. Pretty lucky since his parents were both killed on impact and he didn't have his seat belt on. After that he was placed in the hospital, using the money from his parent's life insurance to pay for the medical bills as well as their funeral. With his parents not having any siblings, and his grandparents too old to properly care for a young boy he was sent to an orphanage. He pretty much kept to himself, and only made a handful of friends. When people came to adopt and looked at him he didn't like how they tried to sympathize with him when he could see that most of them didn't really mean it. While at the orphanage he took up playing chess, and any other strategy game but mainly chess. Besides school, chess and his few friends time passed by pretty normally for him. As he got older, and his friends were adopted, he started interacting with the younger kids becoming sort of an older brother to them. He found he enjoyed helping the younger kids and was just as fulfilled when he saw them getting adopted as he was left behind. 

However, when he was 12 a middle aged couple came in and seemed to take a liking to him. Apparently the couple had been trying to have children but couldn't so they decided to adopt. Even after they heard his story he could see the mother felt sorry for him, but she didn't offer any of the predictable responses  Instead she just smiled and touched his hand and for some reason that touched him in many ways. The couple adopted him and he wasn't the only one. The couple, Mary-ann and Jacob McDaniel, seemed to have some sort of mission to help as many kids as possible. Their house, which was quite spacious, was filled with 4 other kids ranging from 4-15. It was always noisy, lively and Jaden found he liked it. It was like he never left the orphanage, and he was able to easily fall back into his thoughtful big brother role. Though it understandably took some time to get used to all of the different people, and his new family he welcomed them knowing that his own parents wouldn't want him to dwell in self pity.

Mary-ann was a nice woman and was easy to get along with. Jacob had a different way of bonding especially with his sons. Jacob had been in the military for 8 years, and after he was discharged he took up a gun hobby which he eagerly taught too his sons. Jaden surprisingly picked up on the mechanics of firearms pretty quickly, but even if he did it wasn't his favorite hobby. He did enjoy bonding with his father and siblings but found the activity too loud and flashy for his taste. Because of his father having come from the military he did demand discipline and was a stickler for manors, which was something that Jaden didn't mind learning.

When it came too school he again kept to him self staying out of the crowd. However, he picked up basketball and joined the chess team. As for studies he isn't overly smart but not stupid either. He maintained a B average, sometimes getting A's depending on the material. He is very observant and will notice things or catch thing quicker than most. So all in all Jaden is a somewhat normal guy with a few perks thrown in. Now that all of this weird stuff is happening he is very worried for his family but can't seem to get in touch with them.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

I hope I got this in on time. 

Okay, so after careful thought, AND reexamining each app, the following people are accepted. Even if you don't  see your name here, don't just drop out yet because someone else might decide to bail.

The Survivors thus far...

Kyng:

Aside from  your character showing some usefulness as well as potential for further development, your bio also touched on  something that'll help keep the  team alive early in the story and prove exceedingly useful in later events too. 

Kaka:

Well, aside from the fact that I liked the character, you were one of the few people who posted a man. We DO need those guys xD I know I said we need an even  male to female group, but too many woman and it becomes weird.

Hotaru:

Again, you posted a guy xD More importantly, your app was the most well written and showed an effort to make a character to be developed. His personality and stuff was, well, a little cliche but the overall character show's a lot of potential to grow and thus add to the plot.

Sapphyre:

To be honest, you only barely scraped in. Your character was interesting, but I liked her a little more than the others. Plus where other people focused on loading there characters with potential skills you showed more personality, which in the end was what I was looking for anyways. That, and she's probably the one most  open for development.

Stalfos:

Accepted her because I don't want a hate crime on my hands because she was diverse in more than skin tone. That aside, like  Kyng, you showed that you're going to be useful for survival.

Everybody  else:

Simdoggy:

While your character was overall useful, her personality was a bit too stereotypical for my tastes. Whether I live to regret this or not will be decided, but for now this is how it is .3.

C4:

Your app was well written, but a few things stood out as red flags. To start, his personality was more or less the same as Cody's. Second, you outright stated he "was a born leader". Sorry, but in a situation like this, a person who see's themselves as a born leader, tends to get too controlling and eventually leads the group to even more stuff.

Rogue:

Honestly, I think I have an ulcer... I said add more and you'd have a chance, but I meant more character not a sentence or too. Sorry, but if you can't put enough effort into making the character I can't be sure  that you're going to be able be useful in character. I'm not saying this to be rude, just telling you what you did wrong so that you know for other rp's

Now that all that's handled,let's start talking about crushes and skills and what not. For Cody, Shotgun and Two Handed Blade are my preferences, but I'll also take Mechanic and Leadership for passive Talents.

Sweet I made the cut! So happy XD!

Ok, for skills the original ones I was going to choose from

Strategist - Which was why I even bothered to mention the whole chess thing in both the bio and the personality. 
Unnoticed - Picked this one since he was the guy to just noticed everything, but if Kaka picks it the I won't take it. It'll defeat the point if everyone has the ability lol.

Gun-Handling - Again the whole reason why I mentioned his sensational luck to just happen to be adopted into a family who's father was in the military lol. That at he needs to know how to do something.

First-Aid - I sort of see him as the kind of guy who knows a little, and more than most about first-aid considering how he essentially looked after the younger kids at his orphanage and his newer younger siblings.

Scavenger - Being that he was an avid chess play, which requires a person to take in the whole picture and notice the small things going on in the game, I thought this would be another decent trait to give him, but Kaka wants it. Again wouldn't be fun if everyone has this trait, though I do know that there will be some traits that more than one person has.

So out of every trait the three that I would most want him to have would be First-Aid, Gun Handling, and Strategist. The fourth can really be anything.

Though to fit with his person I would say:

Scavenger
Gun Customizer - Considering his knowledge with guns. Though I suppose knowing how to use guns and understanding how to upgrade them are two different things.

License - He's certainly old enough, and if no one takes this I certainly wouldn't be against taking it.

Unnoticed

So yeah...

Huh, that's interesting. I was half expecting Simdoggy to be in :/

Anyways, I'm immediately going for Pyrotechnic because of Alex's entrancement to fire. Starting Pitcher sounds like it'll go well with Pyrotechnic, so I'll take that as well. Not sure what else to pick atm, but I'll look through the abilities and see what else fits.

Speaking of which, can we have 1 or 2 custom abilities? I'd like to have one that works when someone's in danger.

Crush-wise... N/A for personality reasons.

I can abide by that, sorry for making my character too bland. I will be watching how this goes anyway, cause it still looks interesting.

If it makes you feel better, I had a tough time deciding whether I'd take you over Sapphyre, but your character just seemed like too much the typical teen girl. It honestly wasn't bland, she just had more personality. If fr some reason one of the others decides they don't want to be in the rp, I'll let you know.

So out of every trait the three that I would most want him to have would be First-Aid, Gun Handling, and Strategist. The fourth can really be anything.

I should probably remind you that you need to be specific to the type of guns she uses, unless you want him  to use only guns. Strategist is probably best in higher numbers, but if everyone gets it, that'll be an issue. Same with First-aid. I'd also suggest License, because we WILL need that one.

Well in terms of skills archery, knife handling, strategist, and first aid I'm very flexible in terms of this. As for crushes I think Jaden would be the best match for Alyssa, but I'm honestly very open and again I'm flexible with this.

Was gonna ask about Cody and her .3. Either way, whatever you choose xD

EDIT:@Stalfos: Not sure what you mean by custom abilities.

I guess I probably should have tried to make my character seem more unusual then, I just kinda figured most would be doing that, so instead I tried to have her be exactly what I would expect most of the school to be, a fairly typical teenager. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, I'm just explaining what I was doing when creating her. Also, this seems like it will be interesting anyway, so you possibly won't need to message me if someone drops out, cause I'm likely to keep watching the topic.

Don't recall saying we could use  those, but if yo want to pitch one,  go for it.

Well, the thing is that you've only got 20 abilities so far anyway, so there's bound to be at least a few clashes in that department.

Anyways, this is what I was thinking for my custom.

Heroic: Your character gains a boost in speed and reaction time whenever he or she attempts to save an ally or NPC from being infected. These heroic deeds take a toll on the character, resulting in a slight, but stackable reduction in combat effectiveness for each attempt. Reductions last for a short period of time.

...or something along those lines anyway.

Well, the thing is that you've only got 20 abilities so far anyway, so there's bound to be at least a few clashes in that department.

Heroic: Your character gains a boost in speed and reaction time whenever he or she attempts to save an ally or NPC from being infected.

Yeah, there wasn'ttoo much I could think off for abilities xD Sorry

Seems fine. Maybe add  an after effect so it's not horribly easy to abuse  it .3. You  DO need to have consequences for doing risky things. Maybe make them get tired after so her combat isn't as effective or something.

I guess I probably should have tried to make my character seem more unusual then, I just kinda figured most would be doing that, so instead I tried to have her be exactly what I would expect most of the school to be, a fairly typical teenager. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, I'm just explaining what I was doing when creating her. Also, this seems like it will be interesting anyway, so you possibly won't need to message me if someone drops out, cause I'm likely to keep watching the topic.

Alright xD I see what you were going for, and to be honest you would be right, but I was trying to think how they'd go in the story too xD A  bunch of people who are different seems more interesting to follow for character development reasons

Archived