H.O.T.D. (Highschool of the Dead) DEAD Truth [Not Started/Not Accepting](PG-16)

Yosuke-kun

Alicia's decided abilities and crush have been added to my app, but for the sake of it (and in case any aren't obvious) I'll explain them here:

> Scavenge: Survival training would make this ability an essential. She's bound to know what they need to survive if she's been in a similar (but by far nowhere near as grave or dangerous) situation before.

> License: Alicia is old enough to drive in both the US and the UK, however she's quite more accustomed to Military vehicles; regardless, with her driving an imported Toyota LandCruiser 200 is rough and tough enough for taking blows from infected, a good deal of wear and tear, can hold the party of people, and without a doubt plough or climb its way past debris. However, as a nerfing trait, they are Diesel guzzlers, and when money was worth it, this wasn't an issue.

> First-aid: Fairly obvious, hmm? As a survivalist she's bound to know how to use a First-aid kit, from sewing to sterilising wounds. Of course, the First Aid kits aren't ideal to be simply carried around, which makes back-pack assembling a good idea.

> Gun-Handling: Alicia's military training did involve the use of guns, handguns and automatics (her preferring the latter) where she had target practise, runs with carrying these weapons, etc. She can contend with a Light Machine Gun like an M60, or even a simple Winchester Shotgun, but she excels in skill using a silenced revolver (since everyone knows Zombies are attracted to sound) or an automatic assault riffle.

And, her crush:
> Cody: Currently this will be little to nothing, she won't have any attraction what-so-ever, but with the potential in later game with him as a Leader role, she's likely to be appealed to this trait. Of course, her personality wouldn't allow her to approach him on this (nor would social stigma) however should potential hints be flung in either direction there's potential this relationship could kindle. That would, of course, depend on Cody's reaction; from his personality I imagine he's got friend-zone potential!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... on second thought, I'll stick to the combat effectiveness drop :/

I'll decide Alex's fourth and final ability tomorrow, but I'm leaning towards Gun Handling atm.

EDIT: Damn it, Kyng! Fine, I'll take Archery then. I'll add my chosen abilities tomorrow, although I'm considering adding more to my bio and a sentence or two to the personality as well.

I'd expect the males to have a Crush tbh, its surprising that they don't. :/

I do have a question for you, Kio. How exactly will our encountering work?

I mean, will us role-players have any control on the environment (for example Hotaru's character finds a car / Kakashi's character picks up a med-pack) or will you specifically state which character will find what?

Well, med packs don't just lie around anywhere. The first step to getting out of the school should be to get to one of the cars that a character owns, and use it to punch through the surrounding horde and work their way out from there. There will be a few supplies obviously too. Aside from that, we're literally just winging this whole thing xD Though I'd suggest stopping by the health office for  medical supplies too.

EDIT: Damn it, Kyng! Fine, I'll take Archery then. I'll add my chosen abilities tomorrow, although I'm considering adding more to my bio and a sentence or two to the personality as well.

You can still have it, just specify the type of gun. She already has Starting Pitcher so she can't have the full gun handling anyways.

And, her crush:
> Cody: Currently this will be little to nothing, she won't have any attraction what-so-ever, but with the potential in later game with him as a Leader role, she's likely to be appealed to this trait. Of course, her personality wouldn't allow her to approach him on this (nor would social stigma) however should potential hints be flung in either direction there's potential this relationship could kindle. That would, of course, depend on Cody's reaction; from his personality I imagine he's got friend-zone potential

Wow, I'm flattered Kyng xD I'll abide by this~

I actually was just having deciding who to have Cody like, but honestly, Alicia seems better for him .3.

Lol Kyng we have the same abilities just about.

With my character's Gun-Handling, I didn't say anything specific because he has been trained in numerous types of weapons. Obviously heavier artillery like bazookas and the likes are out of the question. But he has a wider range of gun handling knowledge than most.

But I'll take License as well then which completes my four unless you say otherwise Yosuke

Okay. It was an absolute nightmare to do for some reason, but the main page has been edited to include the characters so far xD

Stalfos, I left your talents empty because I wasn't sure if  you'd positively decided on your skill set yet. (added Pyrotechnic and Starting Pitcher of course though)

C4:

Your app was well written, but a few things stood out as red flags. To start, his personality was more or less the same as Cody's. Second, you outright stated he "was a born leader". Sorry, but in a situation like this, a person who see's themselves as a born leader, tends to get too controlling and eventually leads the group to even more stuff.

*Sigh* Okay, allow me to explain:

1. Cody does NOT have Asperger Syndrome, so he has less of an excuse for being so quiet than Brian does. Also, Brian is based off of my personality. Plus, I didn't even know the personalities were similar tbh.

2. When I said, "He was a born leader." I should have said that he's that way in his imagination, and that he hopes that it'll shine through in time. So, apologies for not being specific. I unintentionally rushed it and should have went into better detail about it.

3. Had you accepted me, the skills I would have chosen for Brian would have made more sense for his personality and that you would have less doubts about being a member who puts the team at risk.

If there's ever a chance for extra spots to be open in the future (Which is unlikely, I'm guessing), PM me and I'll make up for the app I gave you. Does that sound like a deal at all?

Same thing thing I said with  Sim. If people drop out, I'll let ya know.

The thing is, even though he doesn't  have that, he was a little too similar imo and even he just imagines being a leader it's the same as just saying you're a leader. He honestly wasn't a bad character, there were just a few things I didn't like. 

Yeah, I'll let you know if I need a stand in.

Actually... I think I might have Heavy Artillery Handling instead of Archery. Might come in handy in case Alex gets herself a rocket launcher, which I plan on getting.

My final ability selection: Heavy Artillery Handling, Heroic, Pyrotechnic and Starting Pitcher.

EDIT: Also, this may or may not have been bad timing, but I added a slight something to Alex's personality, as well as some more meat to her bio as I strongly felt she needed it.

Archived