Character Deck Tournament [FINISHED]

Just thought this might be a fun little tournament to run. Basically, you pick a character from the list below and play a deck based on their decks with a set of criteria. This will be a single-elimination tournament, and at the end the champion will duel me using a secret character's deck. The champion and runner up each get 100 points, and if you beat me you will get another 100 points.

The rules:

- There are a total of 12 spots available

- Up to 2 people can pick each character, to be fair. The second will be considered an evil/good counterpart by name only.

- Post your DN info and which character you choose when you want to join.

- At least 20 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Some characters are exceptions.

- MST, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole, and Monster Reborn are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Banlist is as normal.

- You are allowed a side deck of 5 cards.

- Your Extra Deck may include only up to 2 cards not in your character's Extra Deck, no Rank 5 or above Xyz's allowed, Mai.

- Deck lists will be due to be PM'd to me by February 9th.

- Please post the end results of your matches in the form of screenshots. It is not required, but it makes the tournament more fun.

- Acknowledge that this is not a fair tournament, but is just for fun.

Characters:

Yugi Muto  (Dwarven King & jabber2033)

Seto Kaiba  (British Soul)

Maximillion Pegasus  (Doodle)

Joey Wheeler

Marik Ishtar

Noah Kaiba

Chazz Princeton

Tetsu Trudge [Only need 15]

Bastian Misawa [Only need 15]

Weevil Underwood [Only need 10]

Mai Valentine (Only need 15)  (D.A. Siegfried)

Rafael [Only need 10]  (Overlord Barty)

Syrus Truesdale [No Overdragon]  (Champion Iris)

Jack Atlas [No Lavals] (Platinum the Trinity & Pacmanexus)

Velian Crowler [No Overdragon] (Beginning446)

Adrian Gecko (Philip J. Fry)

Akiza Izinski (Wildflame)

- Entrants (Name/DN name/Character/Approved) -

Philip J. Fry / Kvn523 / Gecko Adrian / yes

Dwarven King / Dwarven King / Yugi Muto / Yes

Doodle / Doodle / Maximillion Pegasus / Yes

D.A. Siegfried / SightlessReality / Mai Valentine / Yes

British Soul / silversalamence11 / Seto Kaiba / Yes

Overlord Barty / Ratskin / Rafael / Yes

Platinum the Trinity / Dementuo / Jack Atlas / Yes

Pacmanexus / -Pacman-. / Imposter Jack Atlas / Yes

Beginning446 / BailasGale / Velian Crowler / Yes

Wildflame / Wildflame / Akiza Izsinki / Yes

[spoiler="Rounds"]ygocharacter.png[/spoiler]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this super late at night and then went to bed, and then had work in the morning. So I couldn't get around to updating until now. I'll also answer everyone's questions now and update the roster. If enough people wish to join, I guess I can make this a 12-person tournament.

Syrus is okay to choose, but you CANNOT use Chimeratech Overdragon if you play as him.

All of the cards the characters played are on their pages on the Wikia. I will edit in links to them on their names to make it easier for people who for some reason don't know how to use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia.

Also, Siegfried, what is your DN username

EDIT: Not sure if Jack's cards might be too powerful for this tournament. His main deck isn't very impressive, but his extra deck does give a big advantage... I'd say if you do play as Atlus, you cannot use Red Nova Dragon.

I posted this super late at night and then went to bed, and then had work in the morning. So I couldn't get around to updating until now. I'll also answer everyone's questions now and update the roster. If enough people wish to join, I guess I can make this a 12-person tournament.

Syrus is okay to choose, but you CANNOT use Barbaroid or Chimeratech Overdragon if you play as him.

All of the cards the characters played are on their pages on the Wikia. I will edit in links to them on their names to make it easier for people who for some reason don't know how to use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia.

Also, Siegfried, what is your DN username

EDIT: Not sure if Jack's cards might be too powerful for this tournament. His main deck isn't very impressive, but his extra deck does give a big advantage... I'd say if you do play as Atlus, you cannot use Red Nova Dragon.

DN: SightlessReality

Do the Harpie lady "#" monsters count? 

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that they do count. Sorry. Since they are supposed to be the sisters who form Harpie Sisters, they are the only exception.

EDIT: If nobody else signs up by the end of tomorrow, it will be an 8-person tournament. Otherwise, it will be whatever number there is who have signed up.

Archived