[Leaderboard] Rank for Staples® *AixDivadis vs Striker* *Start Voting*

Aix

If this cannot be a Leaderboard contest, it'll just be an ordinary one.

staples-logo.jpg?cda6c1

[hr][spoiler='Rules']1. No flaming/hating in the comments. No spamming the comments

2. You must follow the card requirements. If you don't, then, you are disqualified.

3. Contest ends 1 week after both cards have been submitted. First to 3 votes or person with the most votes when contest ends wins.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Card Requirements']Create a Rank 4 Xyz Monster that you believe would make a Staple if released. You will be judged on both balance and playability.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Prizes']1 Rep and 150 points from the loser.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Card Aix']Idea is that the Chinook can transport Tokens to the field and also give other cards a "lift" back into the hand or Deck. Generic Phantom Beast Plane support similar to Drago-SAC.

[hr]

Phantom Beast Plane Chimerook

{Picture is a Chinook Transport Helicopter}

[WIND/Rank 4/Machine/Xyz/Effect]

2 Level 4 monsters

You can Xyz Summon this card with any 2 "Phantom Beast Plane" monsters as Xyz Material, except "Phantom Beast Plane Chimerook". You can treat this card's original Level as 3 or 4. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand or Deck. This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Phantom Beast Plane Tokens" you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast Plane Token" (WIND/Machine-Type/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0).

ATK/ 2400 DEF/ 1200[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Card Black (Kitsune)']Eternal Ruler of Damnation

[DARK/Rank 6/Fiend/Xyz/Effect]

2 Level 6 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If the attached Xyz Monster has no Xyz Materials; attach 1 monster from your Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target up to 2 cards on the field; either banish those targets or return them to their owner's hand. You cannot declare an attack the turn you use this effect.

ATK/ 2600 DEF/ 1900[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=My card]

Eternal Ruler of Damnation

Rank 6

Fiend/Xyz/Effect

2600/1900

[i]2 Level 6 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If the attached Xyz Monster has no Xyz Materials; attach 1 monster from your Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target up to 2 cards on the field; either banish those targets or return them to their owner's hand. You cannot declare an attack the turn you use this effect.[/i]

[/spoiler]

[quote name="Mugendramon" post="6139593" timestamp="1360335212"]Both of these are busted and unworthy of the light of day. Clearly you gentlemen read 'staple' as 'broken'.[/quote] Then which one do you vote for? >> And how is Axi's broken? I think you didn't see the "Standby phase" on its first effect.

Then which one do you vote for? >> And how is Axi's broken? I think you didn't see the "Standby phase" on its first effect.

Hehe.

Heeheehee.

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, Sora. The spinning effect is the icing on the rape train cake. My most prominent problems with it are as follows:

>Generic Rank 4. That generates its own protection. And is nigh-unstoppable removal when it goes off. That's what would make this the "staple" he wanted it to be. THIS WOULD HAVE SUFFICED. But no.

>It can make another Xyz with itself. So HEY, I SUMMONED THIS GUY AND THERE'S THIS RANK 3 I WANT TO MAKE, HOW ABOUT I JUST FUCK YOU AND MAKE A RANK3 WITH A RANK 4 MONSTER?

>Now let's get into its Beastcraft aspect. This makes it feel like he just took a card he used in the past and made it generic-broken, tbh. But that's not my problem with it. My problem with it, is the fact that he takes no effort to summon, you vsn just ignore any tokens you have on the field and use ANY-FUCKING-THING (including a goddamn used SAC) to make it. It will double for any of the other Beastcraft Level. It is revivalbe by Ham-Strato. It is, how to put it, Versatility incarnate. But most of all, you know what it is? Unfair. Takes the skill- and by extension fun- out of a perfectly enjoyable archetype that is Beastcraft.

>Last but not least. It doesn't do anything with its tokens, breaking the lore of Beastcraft. The spin effect should have that.

TL;DR - whatdidyoudo.gif

*deep breath*

Striker, your card is absolutely worse than that. As much as I hate your card Aix, Striker's is just too borked to even consider voting for it. A nice daily bird from my friend Erisol here to my left to both of you Aix and Striker, and good day.

Oh it took me a minute to see what Kitsune was going for with rank 4 thing. So its like Gaia Charger almost, but more deadly. I choose Aix. While I'm not found of Xyz being able to have levels and a perpetual bouncing Chidori wall. It is better than one that just sits there and banishes cards for the lulz which is more funny because it will always have that option since even without material you can just keep adding them from the grave.

Once again I pick Aix

Uhh, seriously, what are you two thinking?

Aix's card is marginally better, but still horrendously broken. It's a free bounce essentially to the Deck (no one is going to use this card's effect to return to the hand). It also has 2400 ATK and can't be destroyed by anything else.

Striker's card is essentially Maestroke -> flip 1 -> his card -> get rid of stuff -> Thunder Charger -> OTK more.

Seriously. I just HAVE to ask what you two were possibly thinking.

0-3 Aix

Yea, yea. Design needs a lot of work. Good game Aix.

Oh it took me a minute to see what Kitsune was going for with rank 4 thing. So its like Gaia Charger almost, but more deadly. I choose Aix. While I'm not found of Xyz being able to have levels and a perpetual bouncing Chidori wall. It is better than one that just sits there and banishes cards for the lulz which is more funny because it will always have that option since even without material you can just keep adding them from the grave.

Once again I pick Aix

That specific effect only works if the Xyz Monster you use as an Xyz Material has no Xyz Materials of its own. But yea...

Dante, I think I already explained what was going on after the first vote.

Archived