Friendly Contest - Kyng V/ Mako [Reps for Votes!]

Kyng's Old Account

The Rules:
1 - This is a 3 round contest. First to 3 votes on a card wins a round (each vote with a justified reasoning.) 2/3 rounds means you win the contest!
2 - Both Written and non-Written cards are permitted (however, no vote may be based on a card's image in contrast to a written card.)
3 - Cards are to be PMed to the contest's host in order for mutual establishment of the cards competing.

The Challenges:
[spoiler=Round 1]Round 1 is a free-for-all contest. The better card will win. However, the card's effect must not exceed 50 words![/spoiler][spoiler=Round 2]Round 2 has participants to create a searcher, which can search at least 1 Lv4 and 1 Lv8 monster.[/spoiler][spoiler=Round 3]Round 3 will involve making a card which is based off an existing card. This must be an original card, not a retrained oldie![/spoiler]

The Prizes:
The loser of each round must give the victor 100 points plus 1 like. That's all, nice and neat.

The Cards:
[spoiler=Round 1 Cards]CARD A:
Gravekeeper's Tomb
Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster in Defense Position (Rock-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 2000). This card cannot be Tributed. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, add one Gravekeeper's monster with 1500 ATK or lower from your Graveyard to your hand.

CARD B:
Cyber Champion - - - - - LIGHT
[Machine / Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned. If you control a face-up "Cyber" monster; you can Special Summon this card, and treat this card as "Cyber Dragon" while face-up on the field. If this card is Special Summoned by this effect; you cannot attack with "Cyber Dragon" monsters this turn.
ATK / 2000 - - - - DEF / 1000[/spoiler][spoiler=Round 2 Cards]CARD A:
Tetra Seeker - - - - - LIGHT
[Machine / Effect]
Once per turn: you can reveal a monster card in your hand; this card's Attribute becomes the attribute of the revealed monster. You can Tribute this face-up monster; add 1 Level 4 monster from your Deck to your hand with the same Attribute as this card. You can banish 1 Level 4 monster with the same Attribute as this card when you tribute it to add a Level 8 monster from your Deck instead. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you summoned "Tetra Seeker".

ATK / 400 - - - - DEF / 800

CARD B:
Sacrificial Finder - - - - - DARK
[Spellcaster / Effect]
When this card is Normal Summoned; you can add 1 Level 8 monster from your Deck to your hand. You can discard that card from your hand; to add 2 Level 4 monsters from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon this turn.

ATK / 1000 - - - - DEF / 1000[/spoiler][spoiler=Round 3 Cards]CARD A:
Overdrive's Overdrive
Quick-Play Spell

When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 "Overdrive" from your Deck or hand, and equip this card to it; that card gains 1000 ATK. The equipped card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster. If the equipped card is used XYZ Summon a monster, equip this card to that monster: that card gains 500 ATK while this card is equipped. If the equipped card is going to be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.

CARD B:
Noble Arms - Grayl
Equip Spell

Equip only to a Warrior-Type monster. During either player's turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: reduce it's ATK by 1000; your Life Points by 500. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up Warrior-Type "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of "Noble Arms - Grayl" once per turn.[/spoiler]
[hr]'cause not all 1v1s need to be Leaderboard.

For round 1 I will give it to Card B the Cyber Champion

Card A seems like a fun choice but it is actually quite slow for gravekeepers. Thought they seem to have a lot of backrow in their builds it they are dedicated to keeping their front row monsters alive. Personally I think it would have been more splendid if the card got its effect if it was sent to the graveyard via an effect monsters effect. So it could create further shenanigans with descendant.

Card B in its simplicity goes support an under supported archetype with light spamming. While it is best used for shenanigans with another actual cyber dragon I would say that there are more combos available or better yet this card has more things going for it than car A.

Okay Card B gets my vote in round 1. As Beginning mentioned, Card A is slow in its current state. And Gravekeepers do need their backrow for protection, which this doesn't offer. It just offers a wall and a slow grabs. Just being destroyed to get the grab should have been enough. Card B gives Cybers another play thing, which I do believe they could benefit from. While, as Beginning said, Cyber Dragon needs to have a role with Card B, it is more interesting to work with than Card A.

card 3 B has what I think is a typo in it, should it really say "Arfeudutyr" in the last sentence? (If its a copy.paste ovesite, people do that all the time lol)

edit: tetra seeker doesn't say where the aditional banish is from in the last sentence, and don't you mean You cannot Summon other monsters during the turn you summoned "Tetra Seeker" otherwise its a bit of a paradox. I'll rate the cards once I understand how they work, and I won't be baised for badly worded cards, assuming that I know what they do when I cast my vote.

Vote(s) coming soon

Archived