Character Deck Tournament II (ZANE WINS! Grats, Evilfusion) [Lockplz]

Just thought this might be a fun little tournament to run. Basically, you pick a character from the list below and play a deck based on their decks with a set of criteria. The champion and second place winner each get 250 points and bragging rights! I may then challenge the winner to a final duel using a secret character's deck (not the same one as last time).

Please DO NOT enter if you do not believe you will have time each week to duel.

The Rules:

- This tournament will be double elimination using the Advanced Format March 2013 banlist held on Dueling Network.

- There will be a total of 8 spots available

- Post your DN info and which character you choose when you want to join.

- Up to 2 people can pick each character, to be fair. The second will be considered an evil/good counterpart.

* If you have an idea for another character who is not from ZeXal and has at least 9 different playable cards, you may request it, but more than likely you will be turned down.

- At least 20 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Some characters are exceptions.

- MST, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, Limiter Removal, Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the End, and Exodia are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Please stick to a character theme as closely as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the other cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your character cards. [Example: I shouldn't get the feeling that your Yugi deck is based more around Propechies, or that your Jack deck is just a Laval deck. It's okay to use things like Temperance and Rekindling, but they should not be your deck's focus or function solely without your character cards. If I feel you have violated this, I will ask you to fix it.]

- You are allowed a side deck of 5 cards.

- Your Extra Deck may include only TWO card not in your character's Extra Deck.

- Deck lists will be due to be PM'd to me by March 9th.

- Please post the end results of at least 1 of your duels in the form of a screenshot when you post the winner.

[spoiler="Tournament Bracket"]ygocharacter2.png.[/spoiler]

Characters:

Yugi Muto

Seto Kaiba

Maximillion Pegasus (Only need 15) [[Aix]]

Joey Wheeler (Only need 15)

Bakura (Only need 15)

Mai Valentine (Only need 15) [You may use the numbered harpie ladies as Harpie Lady] [[Bringerofcake]]

Chazz Princeton

Zane Truesdale [[Evilfusion]]

Syrus Truesdale [[Dwarven King]]

Atticus Rhodes (Only need 15) [[Dementuo]]

Jack Atlas

Velian Crowler

Adrian Gecko [[AznKvn]]

Akiza Izinski [[Pacmanexus]]

Tetsu Trudge (Only need 15)

Sayer

Carly Carmine (15 Without Spellbooks, 20 With) [[D.A.]]

- Entrants (Name/DN name/Character/Approved) -

AznKvn/Kvn523/Adrian Gecko/Yes

Evilfusion/skielinfiniti/Zane Truesdale/Yes

Pacmanexus/-Pacman-/Akiza/Yes

D.A. _Guyver 1/SightlessReality/Carly Carmine/Yes

Dementuo/Dementuo/Atticus Rhodes/Yes

Bringerofcake/Bringerofcake/Mai/Yes

AixDivadis/AixDivadis/Pegasus/Yes

Dwarven King/Dwarven King/Syrus/Yes

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking through his cards, I guess Sayer could work as a character since it would pretty much force you to play mono Psychics and not nearly as competitive of a variant. I'll give it a try for this tournament and see what people think.

I really don't feel Kaito could work out for the tournament. He has a good number of powerful cards in the main deck and it would just be too easy for his deck to overpowered others.

Compared to most everyone else's cards that they'll be forced to run, Photon Thrasher, Galaxy-Eyes, Palasios, and Neo-Galaxy-Eyes are amazing. If you really think that you're nerfed enough to compete alongside someone like Pegasus or Chazz then okay you can enter, but I have a feeling people are just going to get destroyed.

Can I enter as Shark? I can't think fo anything immensly broken he used, off the top of my head. If not him, I'll be Aki.

DN name is -Pacman-.

Most of his cards from the anime aren't all that amazing, but then you look at his Manga cards. Bahamut Shark with Xyz Remora. Yeah, no.

@D.A. As I explained in the last thread, those two characters would play exactly the same as if you made a deck for their Archetype except with a more limited Extra Deck, and not only is that not the spirit of the tournament but it's also not fair, since while other characters do have Archetypes, they're not as supported or perhaps powerful in some cases.

Most of his cards from the anime aren't all that amazing, but then you look at his Manga cards. Bahamut Shark with Xyz Remora. Yeah, no.

@D.A. As I explained in the last thread, those two characters would play exactly the same as if you made a deck for their Archetype except with a more limited Extra Deck, and not only is that not the spirit of the tournament but it's also not fair, since while other characters do have Archetypes, they're not as supported or perhaps powerful in some cases.

Then couldn't you put a higher card cap on those two? Say like 25? 

Also, Carly has no Extra Deck to Speck of.

Hmm. Well, I guess he could work.

@D.A.: Yeah, I know that, but it doesn't change the fact that you could just make it a Fortune Lady Spellbook deck by adding in an extra 2 cards.

Then just say no spell books for carly. I mean you'v already put a few card limits on some character anyways.

EDIT: Or well you did in the last one anyways.

Well, I found out that Fortune's Future isn't even one of her cards anyways. So that pretty much means you would need to run either 20 Fortune Ladies or I would have to make the threshold 15 cards. I dunno.

TBH running 20 Fortune Ladys doesn't bother me. She is after all my favorite character from 5ds next to leo of course.

Sorry I didn't see that. He actually has enough to use the full 20, most of them at least semi-viable.

Red-Eyes

Red-Eyes Wyvern
Red-Eyes B. Chick

Darkness Metal

Troop Dragon

Spear Dragon

Mirage Dragon

Lei Lei

Dark Factory

Swing of Memories

Super-Rejuvination

Call of the Haunted

Negate Attack

If you at least run Red-Eyes, though, I guess I could make it 15.

And I GUESS Carly can be used... Just check the rules I set for Carly.

Archived