Character Deck Tournament II (ZANE WINS! Grats, Evilfusion) [Lockplz]

Sorry I didn't see that. He actually has enough to use the full 20, most of them at least semi-viable.

Red-Eyes

Red-Eyes Wyvern
Red-Eyes B. Chick

Darkness Metal

Troop Dragon

Spear Dragon

Mirage Dragon

Lei Lei

Dark Factory

Swing of Memories

Super-Rejuvination

Call of the Haunted

Negate Attack

If you at least run Red-Eyes, though, I guess I could make it 15.

And I GUESS Carly can be used... Just check the rules I set for Carly.

Hooray! ^_^ than put me for her. :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was implied that I was entering as well, but I'll be blatant about it this time:

Bringerofcake is also my DN name.

In your post you said "submit... as a possible candidate", so I wasn't sure if you were saying you wanted to be that person or if you were just helping flesh out the list. Either way I was planning on leaving a spot open for you in case that's what you meant.

Now we just need 2 more people and some deck lists and we're set.

When referring to "two cards not in the character's extra deck", does that mean two separate cards, or two copies of a card (in Sayer's case, would that amount to (up to) 3 copies of Psychic Lifetrancer and (up to) 3 copies of Psychic Nightmare, or 2 of any card not in Sayer's extra deck)?

Two individual cards. They can be the same copies, or different cards, but the maximum number of additional cards is 2.

Well, if I recall, he only Dueled 3 times, and one of those was a back-to-back rematch with the previous opponent (but a new Deck). As such, his Deck was barely shown at all.

4 times, actually. Twice against Carly, once against Rua, and once against Yusei, although that was when he got eaten.

Just updating to say I still need a deck list from the following:

Bringerofcake

AixDivadis

Dwarven King

Please remember to have them in to me by the 9th. If you do not, and you don't have a good reason, you will be getting a match loss.

And Cake, if you are unsure now that you've heard the Extra Deck rule I can let you change characters if you want.

The eight different cards thing is only a stipulation to make sure that a character can actually be played, if you're talking about that. You can have 3 copies of 5 of his cards and it counts as your 15, or you can have more or less copies and even more of his cards than 15 if you want, as long as a total of at least 15 individual cards in your main deck are his. You can also use 3 copies of each of their extra deck cards.

Maybe I should make an example deck to show.

The reason I have the strict stipulation for extra decks is because they're supposed to be character decks, not decks that just use their cards but use a bunch of cards in the extra deck that they don't actually play, potentially creating a situation where that's all the deck is about. Mai is one of the biggest examples of this. You can play harpies, but then half the time winning only because of the Xyz monsters you're spamming, not Mai's own cards.

I might bump the number up to 3 in the future, or maybe give individual rulings for certain characters, but I'm not sure.

Archived