Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/IC/Started/Not Accepting/Arc 1: Sayer's Checkmate]

a bad post

"My Turn, i Draw!" Garry added the card to his hand. "Now, let's end this! I activate the spell card, War God Advent! With this, i can take my banished Murakumo, and my Yamato in my graveyard, And Special Summon them to the field!" A statue of a War God holding 2 swords rose from the ground, from those 2 swords forming A Beast Warrior, And a Flying Bird-Like creature, appeared once Again, And soon Turned in to light rays again shooting up then down into the swirling vortex full of colors "Now i overlay my 2 monsters, to xyz summon My Susanoo once again! But that's not all, because now, I Chaos Xyz!" As soon as the monster rose to the field, a ray of light shot beneath it from the vortex , making it's sword longer, and Equpping it with new, multicolored armor. "Say Hello to My Chaos Xyz : War God Overlord - Mighty Susanoo!" [ATK : 2500] "Now i'll activate It's Abillity, Detaching 2 materials, to add Hetsuka and Hetsuka to my Hand, and sending Habakiri to my grave! Now Mighty Susanoo, Attack His Horus!" The Warrior Shot a ray of light from his Sword that was racing torwards the Dragon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the girl’s best efforts Yue could still notice the nervousness in her voice. She heard the girl back into something, possibly a counter it sounded rather low down, and wondered if the girl was deliberately backing away from her, Yue couldn’t be that intimidating, could she? Nevertheless Yue put on a friendly face as she girl introduced herself, stuttering slightly throughout it. Yue didn’t mind, if anything she found it somewhat adorable.

“Hey, relax already, we're all friends here. Or at least most of us are at least. Name’s Yue,” she said, she extended a hand to the girl and took a step forward, hearing a soft crunch as she accidentally stepped on one of the spilled potato chips, her expression changing into slight embarrassment “Oh… Oops,” she said sheepishly.

The light pierced the dragon's chest, and then proceed to hit Yamada.

"Well, as I thought ... He had a solid plan in his head ..." Yamada muttered to himself. "Damn ... What do I need to do? Oh, well maybe I'll lose this one ..." the White haired boy gazed at the Mighty Susanoo. "And I'm pretty much dead ... I don't have any cards at my hand ..." Yamada thinks over what cards that can save him, but no matter what, he can't turn the tide of this duel with only one card.

LP : 3700

Hand : No Card

MZ : No Monster

BR : No Card

"Oh, well I have to admit that Mr. Garry is a good duelist" Yamada smiled at Mr. Garry.

Asaka gazed over the two's duel from above the roofs. She noted that the white-haired boy saw her standing there, but she paid him no heed, after all, she just knows him as a "Nice emo guy". Seeing as how the duel was of average level, at least from her perspective, Asaka sat down on the roof with a seemingly relaxed gaze on her face. "Ah. The air here's pretty nice too." Just as she said so, a small hummingbird landed on her left . "Say... I wonder how you would react..." Asaka extended her arm towards the small bird. "...To having your life in the palm of god?" She then gripped the bird on it's wings tightly as she observed how it's reaction would be. In her mind, the hummingbird will violently try to escape her grasp, maybe even attacking her with the small beak it has. But, much to her dismay, the bird acted the opposite of her expectations; it laid motionless in her hand with no seeming struggle. She then brought her hand close to her face so she can see the bird's face clearly. "Is it despair? Or maybe confidence?" She muttered to the bird. Of course, being a bird, it does not understand Asaka's words and did not respond to it. "Hmph. You're no fun." Asaka let go of her grip, allowing the hummingbird to fly free once more. As the bird slowly disappears from her vision, Asaka made a small smirk, as she found a bit of herself in a little bird.

"Well, might as well as check what's going on down there." She walked over towards the edge of the roof and took peek at the white-haired boy's duel. As she saw the duel, she showed a look of disappointment. "Really? Beaten that soon? Jeez, at least be competent in another thing other than being nice." 

The human soldier materialized on the transporter dias aboard the Shibboleth, seeing a female human technician with blue hair operating the controls of the transporter room. The ship he was on, unlike the Next Day Air, was cloaked against the scanners of the planet below, allowing them to directly observe the situation unfolding. He picked up his equipment and followed the engineer through the busy cruiser, until he reached the small, submarine-like bridge where the personnel were hearing the Next Day Air's final communique before it activated its Overload Cascade Drive and left this universe. The Salarian pilot of the light corvette gave the Commodore his regards before his human co-pilot announced the OC Drive was ready, and he signed off. The woman sitting in the command chair of the bridge, a raven-haired woman with elven features, but grey skin, red pupils and red irises, got up to turn to the arrival of her representative.

"Commander Foster." She announced.

"Commodore Beldrobbaen." He replied.

"Follow me." She gracefully strode through her ship, the modified stealth cruiser that served as her mobile command post. After all, she was the Sub-Director of Covert Operations for Neighborhood Watch. She required a fast and efficient vessel to suit her needs. Especially when they reached a spherical room composed of a thick bulkhead with a circular conference table inside. Once the two of them entered, the Commodore closed the hatch of the room, sealing them within, and sat down at one of the chairs. Foster did the same, facing his new boss.

"This is one of the most secure places that Neighborhood Watch has at its disposal. Multiple contingencies ensure that the only words that leave this room will be in the minds of its occupants. The chamber has an access code only I know through hypnotic suggestion, and is soundproofed, virtually indestructible, and contained within a Faraday cage and a time-lock. Not only are electronic communications rendered useless, but the door will always open exactly 1 second after it closes, no matter how much time passes within."

"So I assume that this operation requires the utmost secrecy?"

"Regarding some of the specifics, yes. Officially, you have been transferred to this ship as a security officer to help us monitor a situation unfolding on the planet. Unofficially, you are going to go down to this Earth, alone, and exfiltrate a high-value asset to Neighborhood Watch. We lost contact with the asset, a deep-cover operative, two weeks ago local timeframe. The crew knows of the unofficial reasoning for your arrival, but the true identity of the asset has been a close-kept secret due to the nature of the operative."

Commodore Beldrobbaen handed an old-fashioned manila folder to Foster, who opened it to see the dossier of the person he was going to be rescuing.

"No...You don't mean..."

"Yes. And you are taking this information with you. It's safer in your hands down there than in my hands up here. According to some of my contacts in Internal Affairs, there is reason to believe that elements of our own organization do not wish for this asset to be retrieved."

"This...this is pretty heavy stuff, ma'am."

"Which is why you are perfect for the job. Your designation for this mission shall be RECOVERY ONE. The name of this operation is TAR BABY. Your code phrase is TROUT WORM."

"Understood, ma'am. When will I be leaving for this mission?"

"Immediately. We have no time to lose. The situation down below is reaching a critical junction, according to our monitoring, and we need to secure our asset as soon as possible."

"Got it."

The two of them prepared to leave, but the Commodore stopped before finishing to enter the code to open the hatch. "Foster...you're the only one I can fully trust for this task. Your dossier shows a loyalty to Neighborhood Watch, and a strong sense of right and wrong, as well as a real knack for getting things done. Plus, your relatively recent induction into Neighborhood Watch means you have not had much time to be swallowed up by internal politics."

Foster nodded in response. "Thank you, ma'am."

The hatch slid upwards to let them pass, and they briskly headed back to the teleporter room, where the technician from before was inputting codes. Foster hopped onto the transporter and the drow naval officer told her fellow human army officer. "Good luck."

Foster saluted, and the engineer energized him, causing him to transform into energy and be split apart into his component atoms to be reassembled in New Domino City.

Once Foster was gone from the Shibboleth, the Commodore grinned, showing off the pointed teeth of her race. <All according to plan...>

"Now, i'll activate my Mighty Susanoo's Effect, because it destroyed all your monsters, it can attack you again directly, and then, i'll activate the effect of my Habakiri, doubling it's attack! Go Susanoo, Double Sword Overlord Slash!" The Warrior prepared for another attack, as the bird-like creature again transformed into another sword, Susanoo crossed both the swords, both of them shining with radiant light as Susanoo charged torwards Yamada, his swords glowing as he raised them, preparing to slash both his swords at Yamada.

The sword of Susanoo slashed Yamada, bringing his LP down to 0.

"Well, It seems that I lost this duel ..." Yamada walked at the direction of Mr. Garry. The white haired boy looked at the rooftop. He could hear what Asaka said. "Really? Beaten that soon? Jeez, at least be competent in another thing other than being nice" "Well, I did ask him to end this duel quickly, besides it's still to early to judge my competence isn't it? Where do you want to eat anyway?" Yamada shouted at Asaka. He continued to walk to Mr. Garry. "Well Mr. aren't you a strong duelist?, thanks for the duel, it was really fun" Yamada offered a handshake.

Garry Shook Yamada's hand, "Your'e quite the duelist yourself, now excuse m, i'm going back to my apartment to nap." He said, and a few seconds later he noticed that the boy was yelling to the rooftop, so he looked up and saw Asaka. "Well, possibly see you some time in the future, punk." Garry said as he walked back to his apartment, sat on his chair, put on his headphones, and fell asleep quickly, getting the rest that he needed after a duel like that, dreaming about various events that have occured that day that were jumbled up together into something that didn't even make sense.

The old person was rambling about something and Lord SHINE knew that it wasn't important through the filter in his brain. Clearly he was rambling about his old age and how his life  was awful and how he serves no purpose. It did not matter though Lord SHINE was simply enjoying his background noise. Eventually he found himself at the Duel Grounds for the duel fair. It was a nice spectacle, surely commoners and peasants would enjoy this kind of placating. Soon the nameless, unimportant, and most likely dying servant spoke about some other person who was most likely his master and he held out an invitation to SHINE. Interestingly enough this invitation had Lord SHINE's proper name on it. He shrugged as anything written should be truthful. 

Seconds later SHINE found himself in the presence of some other man who must have been the master of the walking skeleton. The man sat in this limo and offered a hand shake and he tilted his head to the side and he thought that there was something peculiar about this individual. So even though he spoke a name that he shouldn't have SHINE let it go. It took him a second to look at the hand and he reluctantly shook his hand. This would be his charity work for the day.

I am here simply because I seek to find something that may be of worth. So far that has not happened and until it does I guess I shall be entertained by this festival of sorts. I haven't interacted with peasants in such a long time. He says as a very matter of fact with a shrug.

Director Whitehale was quite taken aback by the mannerisms of the young noble who was quite the odd ball, but Director Whitehale just assumed that the country he hailed from must still be in its medieval age to still have peasants. “I can assure Lord Tallion that there will be no peasants at this event only the finest have been invited to duel. We do hope your living accommodations are satisfactory, as in Neo-Domino City only the best is provided.” The director smiled.

“Of course not Director Vitehale, ze boy is like King Louis from ze 1600s, and what a day it vill be when ze boy’s sun sets, I hardly know vhat I will do vithout it,” the driver chuckled, “I vonder if he vill bring ze high heels back into male fashion, he certainly seems vell on his way.”

“Herr Schroder please keep yourself focused on driving! Lord Tallion is a respectable foreign dignitary and you will treat him as such,” Director Whitehale rebuked his driver while choking down a laugh.

“Of course director, I vill leave you and Lady SHINE to your business,” Schroder said, to which the director only sighed.

“Please excuse Herr Schroder he’s usually much more well-mannered than this,” Director Whitehale breathed out exasperated.

-----

Chalise sighed shakily trying to compose herself, which really wasn’t working, “I could really use that hug right about now.” Chalise slid slowly down the counter sitting on the ground in fetal position. “Oh your Yue, then you’re the girl who got picked for the Duel Fair… good luck.” Chalise said softly offering a shaky smile. “I’m really sorry I’m just not good in social situations,” Chalise replied laying her head into her knees feeling really awkward. She was at least happy the girl had stayed with her, not a lot of people bothered to get to know her. 

SHINE listened in as the man spoke about the age of foregone peasants. Clearly this man was confused. Though the clothes may change and technology may become more modern peasants will always be peasants. Nevertheless it was cute to see a person with such idealistic values. SHINE had almost taking a liking to this man. What humored him was when some dog started barking in the driver's seat. SHINE took no care of its noise because what human takes an animal seriously. This director fellow then replied to the old beast and eventually it simmered down. SHINE politely snickered as this was clearly a teachable moment.

I take no offense to what you servant says it just goes to prove my point. Times may change but people don't. Peasants can't help being peasants no matter what time period it is or where they are. The only thing that truly matters is how they are handled. He smiles and raises his hand toward the driver. For example this one here. If he were in my employ he would be savagely beaten or worse. First he spoke out of turn and then second he made further noise after he ordered. Yes that would earn death back in my land. I don't expect you to do the same. It seems like it would be hard to find good help in this city and you must have your reasons. SHINE tipped his head back and yawned. All I say is that one can not be mad at a dog for barking out of turn. One be should be mad at its owner for not training it properly.

"How, yer ask, then, eh, squire?" Mr. Hainz replied, the smirk on his face growing ever wider, revealing sharp, canine-like teeth. "Well, that, my orcish mate, is a wee secret of me own. Then again," he added, turning around to take a few steps away from Marzell for dramatic effect, "if yer and I were ter have ourselves a wee Duel, there may be a chance that I'll tell yer. ...Yer do know 'ow ter Duel, right?" Samuel added as an afterthought.

Marzell's right eye twitched upon hearing what may as well have been a taunt. "You asked for it," he muttered as he equipped his own Duel Disk, glaring at the odd man standing before him, despite the smile forming underneath his scarf.  The smile, however, quickly vanished.  "Ugh... sorry, but I feel like we're just going to be stuck here for a while," Marzell replied apologetically.  "Besides, I don't think people would want to read an entire Duel crammed in one post."

Samuel merely blinked at this comment, not sure what to make of Marzell's sudden acknowledgement of the fourth wall.  "Um... right," he said after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Still, can't 'elp but feel a wee bit disappointed that yer've turn dahn me challenge so soon."  He then turned to look Marzell straight in the eyes.  "Might as 'eaven and 'ell let ya in on me lil' secret, ffen. I'm wot ya might call a psychic--a telepaf, in me case. I'm able ter read people's minds, 'ear their thoughts. That's 'ow I found out 'bout your lil' secret... "Marzell," right?  Oh, don't 'ave a look at me loike that! Blimey!" Samuel blurted out upon seeing Marzell's shocked expression. "I just told yer I can read minds, didn't I? Besides, right, yer never introduced yorself."

"Oh... right," Marzell replied sheepishly.

"Aw, right, nevermind, ffen," Mr. Hainz replied. "Look, yer seem like a nice lad, right, an oresome fellow, so 'ere, I'll let yer 'ave this." Samuel reached into a pocket on the inside of his coat, then produced a small envelope with a wax seal on it. "This, me orc mate, is an invitation ter this season's Duel Fair." He tosses the invitation toward Marzell, who catches it out of the air instinctively. "Just show that ter the officials wen yer arrive, right, and yer'll be duelin' wiv the Mae West of them."

"Um, thanks," Marzell replied gratefully.

"Yer see," Samuel continued, "that's actually a spare invitation that I 'ad received from some uvver bloke 'oo 'anded me mine. Problem were, the lad ran off before I could return it ter him, and... well, I didn't right 'ave anybody else in mind ter give it to."

"And so, you just decided to pass this off to me," Marzell said, looking the invitation over.  "Why me?  I mean, you could've gone and given it to someone else."

Sam gave Marzell a small smile as he strode over toward the half-orc. "Yer and I, I feel we 'ave a bit in common. Wouldn't yer agree?" He was now close enough to Marzell, that his mouth was mere centimeters away from the half-orc's ear. "Blokes like yer and I, we should stick togeffer... know wot I mean?"

Before Marzell could respond to this invasion of his personal space, Samuel suddenly backed away towards the alleyway that he first appeared from.  "Sorry, pal, just remembered that I 'ave a prior engagement ter attend. I look forward ter seein' yer again sometime, but for now, I bid yer farewell." With one more sweeping bow, Samuel Hainz disappeared back down the alleyway.

"... o... kay...?" Marzell muttered, now utterly confused.  It took him literally seconds to shake off this bizarre feeling he had.  "Well, I don't know what that was about, but I've got the feeling I'll be seeing him again soon enough... now, why do I get the feeling that he's up to something...?" Marzell mused to himself as he proceeded further into Neo Domino City.

Meanwhile, up on a nearby rooftop, the real Samuel Hainz stood by, looking down upon the half-orc.  "Hmm... uvver than 'is race, there don't seem ter be anyfink else special about 'im," Sam muttered to himself. "Still, I fink I'll keep a close eye on 'im. 'oo knows," he added, a toothy grin crossing his face, "maybe 'e'll surprise us all."  With that, Samuel made his return to the Neo Arcadia building, flash-stepping from rooftop to rooftop.

Foster finished reassembling on this version of Earth, in this version of New Domino City, and found himself on top of the roof of some sort of municipal building, which, based on the Sector Security vehicles parked outside, appeared to be some sort of precinct headquarters. "Well, this is just peachy." He groaned to himself, but there appeared to be some sort of commotion coming from inside of the building, and quickly reached back to a camouflaged-colored, egg-shaped piece of equipment attached to the bottom of the device on his back. As he pulled it forward with his right hand and turned it around, the camouflaged plating started to unfold, a futuristic rifle with a large muzzle, additional equipment below that, some sort of scanner on the top where the sights would normally be on a gun, and a strange trigger with a sensor on it, the weapon revving up once its owner readied himself. His D-Gazer flipped onto his eyes, and he whispered into his microphone. "Specs. Infrared and amplify sound." On cue, the augmented reality of his vision changed to show two figures with heat signatures using other figures that did not have heat signatures to take a third, smaller heat signature from some other heat signatures. He found out that the pair are taking a little girl somewhere, but their subsequent bursting through the roof with their monsters, and almost hitting Foster, allowed for him to move in the smoke they kicked up. Amazingly, these two clowns didn't even notice Foster as they started monologuing about the Arcadia Movement, which made Foster even more interested. Finally, once he was sure they were done with their lecture, he aimed his rifle at the forehead of one of the elite psychics. "Give up the girl now." He boldly commanded in less words than Monos used, his finger on the trigger and ready to fire off some special stun rounds. He wasn't threatened in the least by the technicolor monstrosity they were using as an impromptu escape vehicle, or the merger of octopus and bodybuilder. No, he was more worried about what their minds could do to his.

"Duel...Fair...." A woman mumbled, hanging her head low, pink hair covering her face.

Two week ago, she had been hoping to participate. In fact, there was probably an invitation waiting at her doorstep back at her house, far from this city. The people in this building were mainly much younger than her, and the fact that they could recognize her as the Angel Queen - international duelist - only hurt. To the outside world, Koko Rosenhart had disappeared. Davian did mention that a few members  would be joining the Duel Fair...but she couldn't. Not like this.

The door to the break room opened, and the former dueling star walked in for the first time since she had arrived at the Neo-Arcadia Movement. It was embarrassing to be amongst children, but it couldn't be helped. It was better than being out there, scorned by those who used to be her former fans.

With a sigh, Koko watched as things near her within the room began to levitate. Glasses of water, magazines, potato chips, all went up into the air. Heavier objects rattled slightly but stayed firm to the ground. Humans were unaffected, but she still attracted glances and glares from everyone in the room. This was the kind of thing she hated.

Her psychic power weren't all that powerful, it was just passive and wouldn't turn off, nor did she have any control over it. As far as she knew, this ability had a radius of seven meters, give or take. Every day for the past two weeks, she had been plagued by constant headaches no doubt caused by constant use of her power, and the only thing that quelled it was sleep. And getting drunk, but she was smart enough not to drown herself in alcohol to keep it away.

Even so, if she couldn't get this thing under wraps within the next week, then...she would take it as a lost cause.

"Hello, uh..." Koko began, turning to the two girls nearest to her, both teenagers.

She vaguely remembered their names; Chasey? Rue? Having barely said a thing to anyone apart from Davian in a long time, she was slightly nervous, but straightened herself out, forcibly held her head up, and stroked her hair out of her face so she could be recognized. You're twenty-seven, for god's sake. You're past things like awkwardness and depression...

"Hello, um, girls." She greeted.

It sounded strange on her tongue, but it was the proper thing for a woman to address a bunch of teenagers, wasn't it? Having spent her entire life either in an apartment or out there in dueling stadiums, she couldn't be sure. Okay, Koko, you can do this, you can do this...

"Can you help me?" Koko asked at last, and grabbed a levitating glass of water that was about to rotate and spill onto one of the girls, before shoving it down as if through water onto a table. "Telos doesn't seem to know how to fix this, but maybe one of you girls can...?"

Clay re-entered the break room, getting hungry again, he slowly walked over there and opened the door, just hearing what KoKo asked the 2 girls, and replied to her although she didn't talk to him "If the teacher cannot assist you, how could his desciples help?" he said,walking around for a bit before taking a seat at a faraway corner of the room, reading his book, looking at his deck, just lying around, and sometimes getting up to go to the fridge and get something out of the fridge, then going back to where he sat.

Yue smiled warmly and knelt down in front of Chalise as she slid to the floor, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder to help her calm down.

"Yeah, that's me," Yue nodded in confirmation when Chalise recognized her name as one of the names mentioned on the PA "I guess I just leave a lasting impression on people, can't imagine why." She said slightly sarcasticly, briefly opening her eyelids to reveal her sightless eyes before closing them again.

Yue stood up as she heard another person enter the room, a peculiar sensation greeting her senses but she couldn't quite work out what it was. She listened to the new arrival approaching and suddenly felt a slight tug from her cane, as if it were trying to levitate off the ground. The woman spoke, sounding almost as nervous as Chalise was, except she sounded older than both of them. Yue listened calmly for a moment as the woman finished her greeting, asking the two of them for their assistence with something.

Yue had to guess it was something to do with the levitating, she could hear a few of the patato chips floating off the floor as well, since if the woman was indicating something she couldn't see it. "Problem with your powers, I'm guessing then?" Yue replied thoughtfully. She had encountered a lot of others that had issues controlling their own abilities, Yue herself often had trouble keeping hers under control if she ever got stressed or afraid. "I'll be honest, I'm not exactly the best person to talk to I'm afraid," she replied apologetically "Name's Yue, by the way, nice to meet ya."

"Yes. You could say that." Koko breathed out, wishing for everything currently levitating up in the air to just drop back down and never rise again. But her wish was ignored, by her own powers. What did it take to just get this thing to deactivate? To stop? Even for just a day? "I know you're not, but Telos hasn't done much to help me at all since I arrived...so I figured that maybe by finding some others, I can solve this problem..."

After shaking her head, she held up the glass of water and began drinking it, unaware of its original owner.

"Yue's a nice name, I wish my parents named me that." She replied with a faint smile, and let the glass of water levitate by her before continuing. "I'm Koko Rosenhart, but from your expression, you don't recognize me, do you? Well, I hope nobody else does. It'll be too humiliating if everyone finds out that the Angel Queen, dueling champion, is a psychic freak..."

“My lord! How many of these oddballs are we going to attract today, don’t they have something else to do?!” Manos screeched at the top of his voice. “I mean what is this 5 freaking people have attacked us today? Point your toy gun in another direction, and walk away soldier boy! I have officially had enough!”

Monos waited until Manos was done with his drama, he had learned over the years that it was best just to let him go sometimes. “You want a girl I’ll give you a girl, Psychic Lifetrancer! Please do me a favor and kill Uncle Sam over here,” Monos said to a cyborg woman who obstructed Foster’s line of fire diving straight for him charging a ball of psychic energy to fire at him.

From behind Grapple Blocker emerged from the hole in the roof to engage Foster as well.

-----

“Hmm… I could say the same about you young one, but I suppose your father has not trained you vell, either. Of, course one can only expect such savage behavior in a country ruled by a dog.” Schroder laughed, which turned into a slight fight of coughing, “My, my seems that I may expire soon,” Schroder smiled at the irony of that statement. He had lived  more lifetimes than everyone in this car, and would continue to outlive them as well, and when they finally expired themselves Schroder would be right there to judge and devour their dark hearts.

“Herr Schroder remember to keep your eyes on the road,” Director Whitehale sighed, now he wasn’t even trying. Might as well let the two exchange insults and hope he didn’t start a war with a foreign land, but by now there was no trying to stop Schroder. He came from a time were older men like him were respected and able to speak their minds freely.

-----

Chalise opened her mouth in a, redundant, O of surprise finding that Yue was blind. She enjoyed Yue’s company; Yue, like Kenneth and Labriola, wasn’t loud and boisterous, but she was not weak-willed either.  Yue was one of the few people that had accepted her, and not shunned her away for being a freak.

Chalise was about to ask Yue about her blindness when another woman came and began speaking to them. Chalise looked up at the new woman with recognition, but couldn’t quite place where she’d seen her before. Maybe she had seen the woman on the fuzzy TV in her old Satellite home.

“I’m sorry I can’t help you. My powers just blow-up in my face whenever I try to use them… I’ve been getting better though,” Chalise spoke quietly to Koko, and added the last part as a feeling she had to be defensive about her inability even though it was common for most Psychic Duelists to be unable to control their powers.

As Marzell continued his trek through the city, he began to go increasing frustrated.  This frustration had nothing to do with his brief meeting with Samuel Hainz, though; rather, it was toward the technology of this world.  The cell phones, the computers, the tablets, the vehicles... all of this was practically lost to Marzell, who didn't even know how to operate the (broken, unbeknownst to him) lamp in the hotel room that he had made his camp.  Hell, it was a miracle that he even understood how a Duel Disk worked... in fact, how Marzell ever managed to craft his Gauntlet Axe-shaped Duel Disk and get it to work properly, no one will ever know.  

The half-orc was so consumed by his thoughts, he failed to notice that he had wandered into the middle of a busy street, snapping out of his trance just in time to see an oncoming limousine, which was close to running him over.  "... aw, sh--!"

~~~~

Meanwhile, Samuel Hainz, having returned to the Neo Arcadia Building, began cautiously making his way back to his, erm, "room", for want of a kinder term, trying to avoid making any contact with the other Psychics as his "creators" forbade such interactions... for whatever reason.  He noticed that most of the apprentices were in the Rec Room up ahead... Sam hoped that none of them would take notice of him... "Aw, 'oo am I kiddin'? Wif the bloody way I look, 'ow can anyone not take notice?!" he thought to himself as he threw all caution to the wind at this point and briskly walked past the doorway of the Rec Room.  He only hoped that no one would speak with him before he reached his room, especially the scientists, or worst... Davian.

The Phantom had left after going ahead and somehow making a swing set of scrap wood for the orphans, he bid them farewell and hopped to the top of the orphanage, disappearing from view. "What information did you find Geist?" he asked his helmet as he began running across the rooftops, information coming across the screen showing the picture of a young girl, no older then 7, however other sparingly found statistics were found, much of the information formerly erased from most databases, it didn't take long to connect a couple camera pictures taken not too long ago to the Arcadia Movement, it was obvious that if Davian wanted her it was due to some psychic ability.

As he ran he seemed to lose concentration and took one step too far off a rooftop, falling down until he landed safely on a gargoyle.....why there was a random gargoyle on an apartment building is irrelevant, but it gave him the time to concentrate on the notes concerning known members of the Neo Arcadia Movement, including the two he just saw, Manos and Monos. "All of them don't seem to violent before this, oppressed yes.....I can see why they turned to him....but Davian.....what is it about you that I distrust so much.....as far as one can see you're leading a good organization....but these recent attacks.....what are you doing?"

The Phantom stood up, and heard another yell of help, he soon jumped off and continued throughout the night to protect the innocent, but he needed a way to get closer to the members of the Arcadia....maybe.....the duel fair? he didn't need to be in it, that's for aspiring young duelists, but something that had a prize that could influence the city would be a target.

Akihiro was about to give up the chase when the M@nos twins attempted their escape, when all of a sudden someone else had decided to jump into the fray. At least this guy looked to have come from the military, unlike the two that had arrived beforehand. Still, Akihiro had just about enough of this chaos.

"This isn't getting us anywhere," he muttered, before glaring up at the M@nos twins, "You! You! Me! Duel! Right now! I'll take you both on myself if I have to!"

Naomi however, who'd rushed off to check on the orphans and calm them down, came back the minute Akihiro had finished yelling at them.

"Akihiro, wait!" she pleaded, before stopping running, "Let me help you; "they" won't stand a chance against the both of us,"

"True..." Akihiro nodded as he said this, before turning his attention back to the twins, "Alright you two, listen close. The four of us are going to have a nice clean duel; no hostages, no hocus pocus, none of that. You win, we'll bring you the girl. We win, we bring you in for interrogation. Does that sound fair to you?"

The Phantom had found the main police station guarding the city, he had just arrived so he needed a good outlet of information, seeing as this town had many police spread thin, he didn't expect too much of a problem getting in. He landed on the roof to find two police officers on break watching over the city, but leaving a door open to the main hall, he was quick and his speed left them both thinking it was just a gust of wind. Once inside he simply hid behind a corner as Geist turned off the lights for a few minutes, making it look like a power surge, careful to leave the important computer systems online, it would be odd, but no one would notice the small details.

In that time Phantom turned a dial on his duel disk turning his whole outfit black, it allowed him to go through the hallways looking as no more then a creepy shadow, but his speed made it difficult for anyone to really see, he would only have a few minutes to find the main office and upload what information they had involving all criminal activity in the city.The helmet internally flashed to tell him the room was to his left, he soon stopped and crouched down as he slowly opened the door, trying to be as quiet as possible, he saw no one inside and entered as the lights came back on, his outfit turning white once again,

"Perfect timing as usual Geist" he said quietly to himself as he released the hidden blade in his wrist, however it soon popped back in and changed into a usb device which he placed into a computer, Geist soon hacking into the system undetected. The entire time the caped crusader was in the room however he missed the fact that there was someone else in the office.

Yue’s smile faltered ever so slightly at the mention of ‘parents’ but she managed to maintain her cheerful demeanour, it wasn’t as if either of these two knew her well enough to be aware of her own taboo subjects so she let it slide for the moment, making a mental note to mention her parental issues at a later time.

“Koko, huh. Well, nice to meet ya,” she said eagerly “Fraid I can’t recognize anybody really,” she tapped a finger against the side of her head, just next to one of her blind eyes “Got a bit of a disability going for me, but I like to make the most of it, it ain’t like it's going away anytime soon.” She grinned again; oddly smug about it for some reason “You hang round here often? I don’t think I’ve heard you wandering about before.”

Koko sighed as she heard Chalise's words. "But I haven't improved one bit...this power just won't deactivate." As if to emphasize this, she flicked a floating potato chip away and let it spin further into the room until it had left her radius, before dropping to the ground several meters away.

"I see." She nodded to the other girl as she told her about a mental disorder, and continued. "Ah, no. In fact, this is my first time here in this room actually. It's kind of embarrassing... I'm twenty-seven already, but here I am, with a bunch of teenagers all much younger than me!" Koko shook her head in exasperation. "At this age, I could be married by now...but I'm not. Never even had a boyfriend~ Ugh... oh, sorry, did I spiral off-topic?"

She paused for a moment as she tried to remember the topic of conversation, and then gave up before continuing. "To be honest, I'm not used to talking to people. Most of the time, all I ever say is 'draw!', 'your fate is sealed!', and of course..."

Taking a stance, her feet moved slightly and her face turned to the left away from Yue, her right arm spreading outward with a fist, and her left hand opened and in front of her, creating a light effect that shrouded most of her face in shadows, as if showing to her defeated opponent was not worthy of even her face. Her only visible eye (the right eye) was like that of a hawk as it pierced into everything in sight, and her expression had changed dramatically to a serene yet serious look.

In this pose, she appeared as though she were the very chief of angels herself.

"I commend your effort, mighty duelist, but you did not work alongside your cards. You did not fight with your very soul.

Only a true duelist can defeat the Angel Queen.

If ever you find a purpose greater than the one you have now, you are welcome to challenge me again. I look forward to it.

Until then, au revoir."

Then, with posture and calmness, Koko turned around and silently walked out of the room, the tail of her scarf trailing high behind her. An air of serenity and awe followed, and everything that had been levitating in the air began falling down from her absence.

Three seconds later, she walked back in, completely different to the person she was a moment ago. Every object froze in midair before hitting the ground, and floated right back up.

"Sorry, I got a little carried away." Koko apologized to Yue. "You know, the audience would go quiet every time I say it, and I love the face of my opponent. They tend to stare at me in utter defeat, and actually take my words seriously. Sometimes I change the lines around the bit, like for example, if my opponent really gives me a challenge, or if it's somebody I've already dueled in the past." Silence.

"I love saying those words. During that one moment, it makes me feel like...like I'm really a queen of angels."

She paused.

"Oh, eh...I spiraled completely off-topic." Koko realized. "Sorry - Yue, was it? - apart from the above words, I've never really said anything to anyone in the past ten years. Not to Telos, or even to Hisami-chan. It's kind of embarrassing, really."

Foster, however, was one step ahead, because he ducked down, closed her eyes as he looked down, and declared loudly. "Specs! Seal! Boom!" The combination headset and D-Gazer he wore in addition to his beret complied, first sealing the area around his ears shut with an expanding material to block out any sound from outside, then the headset sent a signal to the several small discs that Foster had placed around the roof in the confusion of the roof busting open. These discs, futuristic flashbang devices, executed their only function and unleashed a simultaneous cacaphonous din that could be heard for a mile, as well as a blindingly glorious pulse of light. Those within the police station would be somewhat shielded against the effects of these devices, but the two goons on the roof, not so much. Foster acted fast and re-aimed his weapon at the duo and fired off several rounds while they were most likely stunned.
Each "stun bullet" was composed of a thin nanite shell equipped with a microscopic mass effect field generator that, in a different mode of the weapon, would sure the round always hit its target, while carrying a payload of a cocktail of various chemicals. The crucial part of the stun bullet was, while most of these chemicals were various nerve agents, the primary component of the round was dimethyl sulfoxide, otherwise known as DMSO. DMSO, a sulfuric compound initially developed for medical purposes, has the peculiar effect of allowing for substances to be absorbed through the skin pores of the area where it affects the person who has had it applied to them. If any of the stun rounds made their marks, the inner casing of the round would harmlessly burst like a balloon against the zone of impact while the field generator would equally harmlessly detonate, creating a short blue flash of light that would indicate an impact. The mixture of DMSO and neurological agents would then spread across a very small part of the target's surface, and would rapidly give the target a sizable dose that would then induce intense nausea and vertigo within scant moments of application to incapacitate, followed by powerful, throbbing migraines to further subdue the victim, and then unconsciousness for 8-12 hours within 15-20 seconds of initial impact. And when the victim eventually did wake up, he would feel absolutely horrible, and still suffer from lesser headaches and dizziness for up to 24 hours after being shot.

Archived