Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler='Spoilerss']ISk5NPz.png[/spoiler]

I'm looking forward to them preists's reactions when they see these things. Talk about irony.

Also looking forward to seeing the other types of Titans. Things should be getting interesting.

And I'm going to assume that the series finale will involve the final fight and reveal of the Colossal as well as the Armored. Super siked for that.

And I'm going to assume that the series finale will involve the final fight and reveal of the Colossal as well as the Armored. Super siked for that.

You'd be assuming wrong. :]

There are massive differences between this and what the manga did. Basically, the anime shows rage and running wild, while the manga showed composure and working together.

I highly suggest reading the manga chapter for this episode, to show you the many differences from the episode. (chapter 33)

That last fight with the Female Titan was solid and made for an awesome finale.

And that ending was oh so very chilling.

[spoiler=I decided to proceed in catching up with the manga and]

HOLY CRAP IS THIS SERIES AWESOME.

THOSE COLOSSAL/ARMORED REVEALS.

THE UNCERTAINTY.

THE CONFUSION.

THE DESPAIR.

THE ACTION.

IT'S ALL SO MUCH DAMMIT.

But seriously, the walls made of Titans, the hint that normal titans might be other humans turned, and with the lingering questions and suspense, it's all so much.[/spoiler]

Attack on Titan is a treasure. A very, very special treasure.

So... does anybody have any questions as to why the higher-ups would want an elite guard selected to protect them, even though they live in the safest part of the 3 wall ring?

Also, just got back from reading MyAnimeList posts lol. The salt there is incredible. There were definitely some changes to this episode in comparison to the manga, but they act like it got changed as badly as claymore and ao no exorsist did.

So... does anybody have any questions as to why the higher-ups would want an elite guard selected to protect them, even though they live in the safest part of the 3 wall ring?

[spoiler logical, but since it wasn't directly said in the anime]

>Wallist love the walls

>Don't want any modifications to the walls

>We know what is in the walls

>We can assume they know what is in the walls

>Higher ups have given them more control over how the wall is taken care of, while everyone else sees them as idiots.

>We can assume higher ups know what is in the wall

With this knowledge, the higher ups wish to be protected.

[/spoiler]

Yeah, for some reason people have been up in arms about this anime getting changes/filler. However, it is literally the best filler I've seen in a long time.

[b]Manga discussion starting tomorrow, mkay? We'll go one chapter per day to keep activity, starting 34....?[/b]

Just read Chapter 32 and 33 so I could compare it to Episode 25.

I have to admit, I wonder why they changed it. If they removed all that Berserker-Eren nonsense and replaced that time with the entire scene about the wall (priest going crazy, Titan-Obsessed-Girl suddenly becoming really serious, horrible truths revealed), that would've made for a better end in my opinion. There would be no raging fans, character development would be faithful, and the suspense would be preserved. It won't be as satisfying if it's in the first episode of Season 2 in my opinion.

The changes done just didn't seem necessary.

[spoiler=Chapter 50]

Ahh no, I liked Hans...

Terrible way to go out too, just like that guy in Cloverfield.

Eren siccing all the Titans on that other Titan was sick. And well-deserved, I hated that Titan the most.

I'm guessing they want Eren for that power since Annie's been compromised. The plot thickens.[/spoiler]

Just read Chapter 32 and 33 so I could compare it to Episode 25.

I have to admit, I wonder why they changed it. If they removed all that Berserker-Eren nonsense and replaced that time with the entire scene about the wall (priest going crazy, Titan-Obsessed-Girl suddenly becoming really serious, horrible truths revealed), that would've made for a better end in my opinion. There would be no raging fans, character development would be faithful, and the suspense would be preserved. It won't be as satisfying if it's in the first episode of Season 2 in my opinion.

The changes done just didn't seem necessary.

I believe it was the idea of the author. I remember seeing a couple youtube reviewers saying that the author thought Eren was underwhelming in the fight, so he wanted to give him something more. The fire is kinda explained in the latest chapter, so it was a foreshadowing of sorts.

[spoiler Chap 50 and theory]
I liked Hannes' death, even though it was sad. It wasn't showy, it wasn't a great build up. He was fighting one second and being eaten the next. I liked how Reiner was so terrified of Eren getting that power. The irony of the one poerson who wants to kill them all, being able to control them, is not lost.

Armin x Jean

Anyway, my theory....

Annie can only call Titan's to eat her. The Ape Titan is a high ranking (leader?) of the baddies. He can't control the titans, however, he can create them. Making his powers pointless if Eren can control all of them. (not sure about abnormals though)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapters 34 - 45]I'll admit, in the manga, I thought Ymir was a guy...

But I'm liking the art style here. It's sketchy and rough, just like I would draw it.

And... that Colossal and Armored titan reveal... was WAY too abrupt. There was literally no build-up at all from what I've read, and seeing [acronym="Reiner"]that guy[/acronym] taking a bite to the arm by a titan and throwing it out of the tower was just too awesome to be seeing him later as part of humanity's bane. It's just hard to soak in.[/spoiler]

I still have 5 Chapters to go. Shouldn't take me long, but I'm bracing myself for what's to come...

[spoiler="If you ask me..."]Abnormals probably don't even exist. We've seen in the past that those considered abnormal abilities can actually be performed by all Titans (say, running.)

With that in mind, it is entirely possible that those which have been classified as abnormals in the past were simply those allowed to do those things. All of them are probably capable of doing everything we've seen so far, just not told to do so or something.[/spoiler]

Also, how often do chapters come out again?

Monthly, I believe.

I appreciate that about the series too.

[spoiler=The reveal of]

the Colossal and Armored Titans made me do a double-take, but it also felt more of a blindside to me that way. I still felt the impact behind the reveal and that was from a casual reveal.

I'm still curious about the motives behind Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[spoiler='Chapter 51.']Eveybody Is now gonna have quite a heavy conscience about killing titans.

Erwin Feels like he's losing his mind a bit, not crazy, but slowly getting there. I guess that arm loss Is affecting him a bit more than he lets on.

The mad scientist (hanji) Is officially a human cutting psychopath

Jean Is officially mad at Eren for seeing Mikasas abs lol

That last page... Massive flag for the entire squad.
[/spoiler]

Archived