Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

[spoiler=Episode 21]

If it weren't for their lack of genitals, they would've totally banged.

Expect fan fics, fan art, fan animations, etc on the matter.

Regardless, yes, epic. Finally, that Auruo guy's been eaten. Won't be hearing any more of his boastful attitude.

Though, it was sad to see them all die. I mean, they're the Survey Corp. But that compensates for how awesome the Female Titan still is.

[/spoiler]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I saw a picture from the manga a while back so I already knew a lot of that was going to happen but it was still such an awesome episode.

[spoiler=Spoiler Regarding Titan Identity Or At The Very Least My Guess That Raine Agreed With So It Must Be Right]

I can't help but just wonder what's going through Annie's head during that fight.

[/spoiler]

This was an absolutely amazing episode. That's all. It was so awesome, and the Female Titan continues to be absolutely badass. I was really sad what she did to the Special Ops team. But then again, I was kinda exprcting it. What's really made me excited though, is what happened at the end. When Levi and Mikasa are together, you know that nothing can stand in their way.

Unfortunately I saw a picture from the manga a while back so I already knew a lot of that was going to happen but it was still such an awesome episode.

[spoiler=Spoiler Regarding Titan Identity Or At The Very Least My Guess That Raine Agreed With So It Must Be Right]
I can't help but just wonder what's going through Annie's head during that fight.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='About the titan']I guess I'm late, I only realized that she was Annie after she was owning Eren and Armin said that whoever the titan is must be someone who was there to see Eren's first transformation. I completely forgot who Annie was.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=blue 22 set hut]I can never get used to those Deviants and their physically retarded prancing.

But yeah, Levi was awesome, but it was kind of underwhelming considering the Female Titan didn't really fight back. Granted, Levi was "too quick" for it, but seriously...

Other than that, I have a strong hatred for the village people. What a bunch of ignorant morons.

DERP.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 22]

Man, the end of that episode hit me right in the feels. I felt so bad for Erwin and Levi at the end there.

And the rest of the soldiers as well. Throwing the bodies overboard was the logical, but really hard step to follow through with.

But Levi was awesome fighting the Female Titan. That god damn spinning move.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=blue 22 set hut]Other than that, I have a strong hatred for the village people. What a bunch of ignorant morons.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Seriously?]

It's not that they're ignorant, it's that the Survey Corps really don't accomplish anything but death. If you lived in the village, in fear of the Titans, protected only by a giant wall that the Colossal and Armored Titan have proven to be able to take down, you'd probably feel the same way they do. What do they accomplish? Sure, they've developed strategies, but about half of their members keep dying during every expedition. As far as the villagers can see, it's pointless.

They actually have to pay taxes - which could otherwise be used to improve life within the walls - in order to fund some kind of expedition that has shown as little results as it had a hundred years ago. If I was one of them, I'd probably think it was pointless too, and I would rather have humanity use my money to reinforce and heighten the remaining walls so even the Colossal Titan can't get through, than fund some useless team that accomplishes nothing.

Seriously, what have the Survey Corps ever accomplished, apart from getting a bit of pointless fresh air every now and then? Nothing but death, death, death, and as said in the very first episode, all for nothing.

In all honesty, it would be more practical to train humans into builders that can reinforce the walls and invent stronger long-ranged weapons so they can stop worrying about the Colossal Titan (they sure have a lot of space for it) instead of warriors that have a 1/4 chance of winning against a normal Titan. I bet the only reason humanity hasn't done so is because of those pesky religious freaks that think the walls are too divine to be modified, and they probably should've been thrown out of court a hundred years ago.

*sigh*

They know people died. They know this, and they hate this. This isn't ignorance at all. It is pure anger over pointless actions.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 49]ERWIN, YOU MAGNIFICENT BEAST

Erwin became one of my favorite characters because of this chapter <3[/spoiler]

And now to watch the latest episode~

If its animated, which it probably will in S2 considering hype. I want a cliffhanger in the middle of this chapter. Oh how glorious that would be.

[spoiler=Seriously?]

It's not that they're ignorant, it's that the Survey Corps really don't accomplish anything but death. If you lived in the village, in fear of the Titans, protected only by a giant wall that the Colossal and Armored Titan have proven to be able to take down, you'd probably feel the same way they do. What do they accomplish? Sure, they've developed strategies, but about half of their members keep dying during every expedition. As far as the villagers can see, it's pointless.

They actually have to pay taxes - which could otherwise be used to improve life within the walls - in order to fund some kind of expedition that has shown as little results as it had a hundred years ago. If I was one of them, I'd probably think it was pointless too, and I would rather have humanity use my money to reinforce and heighten the remaining walls so even the Colossal Titan can't get through, than fund some useless team that accomplishes nothing.

Seriously, what have the Survey Corps ever accomplished, apart from getting a bit of pointless fresh air every now and then? Nothing but death, death, death, and as said in the very first episode, all for nothing.

In all honesty, it would be more practical to train humans into builders that can reinforce the walls and invent stronger long-ranged weapons so they can stop worrying about the Colossal Titan (they sure have a lot of space for it) instead of warriors that have a 1/4 chance of winning against a normal Titan. I bet the only reason humanity hasn't done so is because of those pesky religious freaks that think the walls are too divine to be modified, and they probably should've been thrown out of court a hundred years ago.

*sigh*

They know people died. They know this, and they hate this. This isn't ignorance at all. It is pure anger over pointless actions.

[/spoiler]

the rage is pretty justified, but [spoiler='if you have not read the manga skip this part of the argument.']The fact that there are literally titans asleep inside the walls is known to the higher ups in the story, that fact alone most definitely has to be related to the recon corps mission to expand their land somehow. Even the most recent chapter shows that the recon cops is pretty much the only section of their military that hasn't been getting their butts handed to them. (Erwin got an arm bitten off and is still kicking more ass than anybody from the inside walls)[/spoiler] in addition to that is the fact that the colossal titan and the armored titan still exist, they should all be able to understand that there is no real escape. the rage they feel is kinda like the brink of hopelessness knowing that there's a chance that your wall could be next.

If anything there should be more money put into research to help the recon corps. the fact is, whether they like it or not, the recon corps are the only people with the skills to go head to head with titans and not get completely wiped out. and with the threat of the 2 titans (that they know of) able to break through their wall, what makes them think they're any safer Ignoring the truth?

I know their grief makes them unreasonable, but they need to realize that the recon corps are putting their lives on the line to regain what they lost. When you compare the lives the recon corps put on the line to the money the people spend, every dime is an investment to fighting for what they lost.

the rage is pretty justified, but in addition to that is the fact that the colossal titan and the armored titan still exist, they should all be able to understand that there is no real escape. the rage they feel is kinda like the brink of hopelessness knowing that there's a chance that your wall could be next.

If anything there should be more money put into research to help the recon corps. the fact is, whether they like it or not, the recon corps are the only people with the skills to go head to head with titans and not get completely wiped out. and with the threat of the 2 titans (that they know of) able to break through their wall, what makes them think they're any safer Ignoring the truth?

I know their grief makes them unreasonable, but they need to realize that the recon corps are putting their lives on the line to regain what they lost. When you compare the lives the recon corps put on the line to the money the people spend, every dime is an investment to fighting for what they lost.

Since I skipped the spoilered parts, I guess I'm missing out on a lot. But what I know right now is the same as what the townspeople know right now.

Let me say this clearly; the Recon Corps are not practical. They were born out of a misguided attempt to form some kind of team that can combat the Titans, despite both time and death proving time and time again that this doesn't accomplish anything.

So there may be things greater than the Colossal Titan. So what? Humanity still has the resources to preserve themselves, and that's what they should be focusing on. As far as they're concerned, there are billions of hungry Titans roaming the entire planet as they speak, and there's no way that they'll be able to exterminate them all no matter how hard they try. Eren is an idiot. Humanity has managed to last this long, and that's why, instead of killing themselves on pointless expeditions, they should focus on lasting even longer.

In fact, maybe, eventually, they'll learn to invent the atomic bomb or something similar that can solve all of their problems. But for that very moment, they should be training scientists, manufacturers, builders, not warriors with a 1/10 survival ratio.

It's not ignoring the truth, it's facing it. The Recon Corps are the ones ignoring the truth - the undeniable truth that humanity lives in fear of the Titans. If humanity spent a hundred years reinforcing the walls instead of training soldiers, then the fall of Wall Maria might've been prevented. Even if a Titan can be killed now and then, what for?

If they can't be wiped out all at once, it's pointless, which is why humanity's beacon of hope should be something more believable than this misguided team of so-called 'Titan killers'.

Around 25 episodes, I can't remember the actual number.

I think the reason that the series is so good is because of how well it shows despair. It goes a little slow sometimes and you can see animation errors, but they are all mostly made up for in the moments that matter. It also does its best to keep plot armor to a minimum.

It also does a great job of redirecting your attention. You want something explained? Well look at this happen instead, never saw that coming.

Since I skipped the spoilered parts, I guess I'm missing out on a lot. But what I know right now is the same as what the townspeople know right now.

Let me say this clearly; the Recon Corps are not practical. They were born out of a misguided attempt to form some kind of team that can combat the Titans, despite both time and death proving time and time again that this doesn't accomplish anything.

So there may be things greater than the Colossal Titan. So what? Humanity still has the resources to preserve themselves, and that's what they should be focusing on. As far as they're concerned, there are billions of hungry Titans roaming the entire planet as they speak, and there's no way that they'll be able to exterminate them all no matter how hard they try. Eren is an idiot. Humanity has managed to last this long, and that's why, instead of killing themselves on pointless expeditions, they should focus on lasting even longer.

In fact, maybe, eventually, they'll learn to invent the atomic bomb or something similar that can solve all of their problems. But for that very moment, they should be training scientists, manufacturers, builders, not warriors with a 1/10 survival ratio.

It's not ignoring the truth, it's facing it. The Recon Corps are the ones ignoring the truth - the undeniable truth that humanity lives in fear of the Titans. If humanity spent a hundred years reinforcing the walls instead of training soldiers, then the fall of Wall Maria might've been prevented. Even if a Titan can be killed now and then, what for?

If they can't be wiped out all at once, it's pointless, which is why humanity's beacon of hope should be something more believable than this misguided team of so-called 'Titan killers'.

Without spoiling it, all I can say is these two things;

1) The scouting legion has the only people who combat titans on a fairly regular basis, and the end of the anime series (If they get to that chapter) should at least touch on the largest reason why it is important that they keep people around who can fight titans at all times.

2)The higher ups in the place are also using the entire scouting legion to cull the population as they said in the beginning of the series. To save money, the more people that die on scouting expeditions, the more food and money they can keep circulating without running out of resources. it's like a voluntary population control strategy.

Archived