The Android's Dungeon Webcomic Emporium

The Warden

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I'm not here yet.

Username: BlindMonkey

Read a Webcomic before?: Homestuck is a way of life, not a Webcomic.

How many have you read?: Lesse. 8-bit Theatre, Two Guys and Guy, a Girl Named Bob, Trigger Star, The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, Manly Guys doing Manly Things, VGCats, Rare Candy Treatment, Super Effective, Homestcuk, Problem Sleuth, Hiimdaisy Persona Comics, Two Kinds, Sandra and Woo, some other shit.

Submit a Webcomic for the Collection: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja "Haha, he kicked you in the nuts. Ninjas have no honor."

^I like Belkar too much for anything but the Sexy Shoeless God of War strip from OotS to be my favorite.

And an addition, Question Duck:

http://questionduck.smackjeeves.com/

It's just cute, but oh so cute.

^Could you add this?

Generally, actually, "A Boy and His X" comics. Might have been because of Calvin and Hobbes.

Actually, for another sudden change of direction, I notice that so many webcomics I;ve read tend to dive right into Cerebus Syndrome at some point, for one reason or none.

I just sometimes wonder if they really need too. I mean, sure, maybe the author gets tired of comedy, but do you always need Cerebus Syndrome in order to improve your work? Hell, one comics case of Cerebus Syndrome actually turned me off it.

For me art style is definitely a big factor. Bleedman, who draws Grim Tales, Sugar Bits, Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, and Skull Boy (though I don't read this one) has what is probably my favorite art style ever, which is why the former three are my favorite webcomics to read.

Also, I completely forgot about Tiny Hippo. From the webcomic Poorly Drawn Lines, it's my favorite webcomic strip ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, art style isn't the only thing I care about (I'm one of those guys who puts graphics as one of the least important part of his video games, for instance). I guess his style just really jumps out at me for some reason.

For me, it's really the subject matter. After all, if I'm not interested in it, why should I bother reading it?

After that it's the writing. If it's boring to read, I probably won't stick with it.

Then the art really. All three are really important though, and if the art is bad enough, the other two might not be able to save it, and if it's slightly boring, maybe the art and subject can save it.

Archived