Nailah noticed Leon was bothered by something, and she quickly pinpointed the dilemma. He felt as though his talents weren't being put to their proper test, and though he had nothing against Genzai or the god's choice of who will lead, he probably felt irritated. Especially after the amount of training he subjugated himself too after the previous mission. She wanted to say something to him. To help him ease his mind, but before she could the group was already being transported to their next destination.

"My friends, letting you know this in advanced. If Susanno has gone as crazy as it seems...he will most likely call forth Oni...the demons of Japan. I have faith in you all, I know you will defeat them without any problems." Nailah nodded. She's heard about them from her reading, and knew that there were quite a few powerful ones. Hopefully they won't have too many problems when it came to battling them. Man asked what they were, and Genzai explained a bit more. If things play out like they normally do, Nailah knew she hadn't very long before things started happening and with Genzai and Man having a rather entertaining conversation for anyone who was listening, Nailah took the brief moment to slink next to Leon.

"Hey, you alright? I noticed earlier you looked tense." She gently brushed her hand against his, "We all know your talents, and even a great leader must know when to step back and allow others their lime light." 

The moment she finished the Oni demons only just mentioned appeared before them. "We Oni just got here and there's already trouble." She snickered not being able to help herself from making that pun. "They look like some weird dog....I don't do well with dogs." She mumbled that last bit off-handedly. Quillian and Man double teamed one, and Leon went after the second. "I'll go ahead and take this one out. Come on Scruffy." The Oni snarled, it's chains rattling softly as it circled the female vanguard. The newly named Scruffy charged Nailah. It was powerful and quick, but Nailah was quicker. Leaping over it's first charge Nailah smiled, though it was short lived from Scruffy's next charge. She was surprised by it's quick recovery. Quickly calling her Was she held it out stopping it's charge. Nailah grunted from the force, trying to keep herself from sliding back. "You're a tough one." 

She heard a sound from her Was and frowned. That didn't sound good. Rolling to the right she broke the stalemate while also managing to hit the Oni across the face. Nailah examined her staff. "Was it....breaking? Strange..."

Scruffy turned back on her pawing the ground angrily. "Round two?" She got ready. This time when it charged she struck it with a powerful downward strike, plowing it's head into the ground. It cried out in pain, snarling when it righted it self. "Scruffy, stay." With a snap of it maw it attacked again. This time trying to chomp away at her. It jumped and snapped at her head. "Woah!" Nailah rolled to the left. "Bad Scruffy." She hit the Oni across it's maw ceasing it's attack. When it attacked again she dodged then slammed her staff on its back. Though it cried out, it stood back up. Obviously her melee attacks weren't going to cut it. If that was the case. She leaped upwards with incredible acrobatics, and removed her mask along the way. "Lama'ah." The strikes of this Word sizzled across the Oni's back and it collapsed to the ground. Though it tried to get up, it failed crashing back to the ground unconscious and defeated.

Replacing her mask she smirked, "Good dog."

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genzai was impressed to see the Spearheads taking care of the Oni Beasts, though they were only the grunt level... "Mercy? No...however, before they leave our world...they must be cleansed by a Shinto God's power." he said, unsheathing his katana, as it glowed with a dark blue aura.

"Oni...you arrive into this world, terrorizing its inhabitants..." Genzai said, as he closed his eyes. "Now...embrace the afterlife...be cleansed in the waters of Ryujin!!" With this, he raised his blade, as he stabbed into the ground unleashing three blue lightning bolts at the beasts, as the Spearheads released them and the beasts were engulfed in flames, before suddenly leaving their presence. 

"We can do that for the weaker Oni...but I'm believing Susanoo will unleash even more. That being said, I'm going to put us in two groups. Quillan, I'm placing you with Man. You two seem to be able to work together the best. I need you two to take Tokage, and land into the Shrine as a surprise attack. Me, Leon, and Nailah will draw the attention from them...understood?"

"We can do that for the weaker Oni...but I'm believing Susanoo will unleash even more. That being said, I'm going to put us in two groups. Quillan, I'm placing you with Man. You two seem to be able to work together the best. I need you two to take Tokage, and land into the Shrine as a surprise attack. Me, Leon, and Nailah will draw the attention from them...understood?" Man watched in amazement as the Oni that he held in his hands was vaporized by Genzai's cleansing. He examined his hands, making sure that the large dog-like monster didn't somehow find a way to hide. "We won't let you down, Genzai. You ready, Man?" 

The large brute looked to Quillan in confusion. "What?" He asked, having been completely oblivious to the conversation. Quillan sighed. "Just follow me. We are gonna take to the sky." Man got an excited look on his face. The few times that Quillan had taken him flying during their weeks at Olympus, Man had loved every minute of it. Man clapped joyfully, almost like a child. "We go now." 

Quillan and Man mounted the summon dragon whelp. Quillan wasn't exactly sure how to communicate with it, but Man was make low growling sounds in his throat, almost as if he was speaking to it. [acronym='Greetings, mighty dragon. ']"Grrrr, gggraagg, kaaa." [/acronym] Man then turned to Quillan, keeping his voice low. "Long hair no go with?" His eyes seemed almost sad as he cautiously gestured towards Nailah. A smile broke onto Quillan's face. 

"No, bud. She is gonna be with the other group. We will see her later." Quillan was used to this reaction from Man. On Olympus he had been both afraid and fascinated by the females there. Quillan learned that he had never actually seen a girl before, and they were a cause for interest in his case. Man nodded solemnly at Quillan's reply. With that, the two flew into the air, steadily gaining altitude. 

Quillan watched his friends below. It would be hard to watch them without interfering, but they would have to wait until the signal was given. All for the sake of the mission.

Evidently much more focussed on the task at hand, Leon listened to Genzai's command. To this he scowled back at the creature. "No mercy, but let you clean up the scraps? Fine by me." Afterwards, he sharply span his arms around the neck of the Oni, and with a loud, audible crack, managed to swiftly paralysed the creature. With this a well and done, the Vanguard kicked the beast off of himself, letting it roll helplessly to the floor, silent and awaiting its fate. Following said fate was met, Leon looking back to the remainder of the Spearheads, awaiting further order. Watching Quillan and Man then banter before taking to the skies, he remained stoic and silent, observing them with caution as they ascended up into the air, skywards. It seemed they had hit it off quite well. Leon could only dream to do so with Quillan, but he had given up on that dream. Just the respect as a fellow soldier was enough.

Leon then returned his gaze to Genzai with a firm gaze. His face was etched and chalked with frustration. With an adamantly creased bridge of his nose, and eyes more piercing than the very tips of his spears, he brushed his brow and gaugingly looked to their Shinto companion: "You said we're to gain their attention...I assume you mean you want us to obliterate any and all Oni that this God throws at us, and draw Susanoo out from his hiding so Quillan and Man can attack from above?" Thinking about this, that was the best strategy he could make from with this set up. It really depended upon their unknown opponent and the skills that he possessed, of which Leon knew not.

With a clenched fist around his spear, he leered for the shrine and spoke up louder. He did so to indirectly, but obviously taunt Susanoo, so as to lure the God out or just to trigger any kind of response. He was gauging the Shinto God, and was eager to find out how he worked. Was he an ally of Ragnarok? Did he go rogue? Regardless, Leon looked towards the shrine and bellowed. "Pfft. I've seen more rats with spines than this lowly tactic. How disgraceful is he, to throw fiends at us we can clobber in a mere few seconds? Does he not know what we're capable of? I didn't expect a God to cower in the shadows of a degenerative shrine simply in fear of being brought back to justice."

While the spitfire was used strategically, it was also a means for Leon to vent.

As Genzai did his work finishing off the already defeated Oni, he proceeded to explain the plan of action. The group would be splitting in two, with Quilian and Man heading off for a surprise attack, while the other three worked on focusing the brunt of Susano'o's attack on themselves. Considering most of them knew close to nothing on the Gods power or abilities it sounded like a fair enough plan. One that the Egyptian vanguard agreed with. As they prepared to split Nailah couldn't help the smile as she watched Quillian and Man's interactions. They had obviously hit it off, and to be honest Nailah thought they were quite the duo. With their departure it was just the three of them left, which made sense. Five people minus two made three.

"You said we're to gain their attention...I assume you mean you want us to obliterate any and all Oni that this God throws at us, and draw Susano'o out from his hiding so Quillan and Man can attack from above?" Her gaze turned turn to Leon, who's tense features and body posture screamed frustration. After Genzai's response, Leon had more words though directed towards Susano'o. Whether to taunt him, or blow off some of his own steam Nailah wasn't quite sure. Probably both. Either way it was only too obvious playing back seat twice in a row was eating away at him. She actually thought his sulking was pretty cute, if not a bit surprising.

"Hey Leon." Hoping he'd turn to her, she plucked him in the forehead laughing at his more than likely surprised face. "You're face is gonna get stuck like that if you're not careful. You'll chase everyone away with that scary look." She placed a finger under her chin now looking thoughtful, "On second thought, maybe you can just scare Susano'o into defeat. It would save us a whole lot of trouble." As anyone would suspect Nailah was much more comfortable, and physically playful with Leon. As she probably wouldn't have plucked him like that any time before the festival. "Now how about a smile like this." She pointed to her face before realizing, "Ah, my mask is in the way. Don't worry I'll help you." She reached up and pulled up the sides of his cheeks to make him smile. "See it's easy." In a quieter voice she then said, "Don't make me worried ok. Go in like this and you might do something stupid. Like I said before we all know your talents and how innate your leadership is. As do the Gods, but Genzai has more knowledge and a better chance combating Susano'o in his own back yard, just as you would against one of our gods. So get your head in the game 'cause whether you're the spear or the tail end, the goal is the same."

"Yeah, that's the main idea, Le-" Genzai began...until he heard what the Egyptian Vanguard of War, yelled out towards the Shrine at Susanoo.

"Pfft. I've seen more rats with spines than this lowly tactic. How disgraceful is he, to throw fiends at us we can clobber in a mere few seconds? Does he not know what we're capable of? I didn't expect a God to cower in the shadows of a degenerative shrine simply in fear of being brought back to justice."

L-LEON! What are you even doing?! Genzai thought, his mouth left open. It seemed like a bit of Quillan's wildcard...ness...rubbed off on Leon. However, this was also a good thing. Susanoo, out of the four...took things WAAAAAY too seriously...especially stuff like that. But, before he could say anything...the trio was warped at the Shrine's courtyard. "Well, Leon...you saved us the trouble of walking. Kudos..." Genzai smiled, giving Leon an approving nod.

As the sentence left the Shinto Vanguard's lips, the Shrine's doors opened wide. Out from the Shrine, came forth two Oni. However, the person leading these two warriors...was none other than Susanoo himself.

Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Girei

"So, your the group my father sent to find me." Susanoo sternly said, his hand holding Kusanagi's hilt as he looked at the three. Leon and Nailah, Egyptian Vanguards. Quite unusual specimens...however, they seemed very strong. "Ahh...and the great Vanguard of Ryujin. Tales of your exploits within this team have brought much glory to the Shinto Gods. However...your mission is a failure. You all failed...your captured...and my Onis...Yon and Kai shall end your lives."

Genzai simply glanced over head, and smirked. "Susanoo-sama...your wrong. The mission is still going...cause if theirs anything I've learned from my time following Leon's lead...is that in our team...we always have specific plans. And this moment, is just such as an occasion." He lifted his hand into the air, making a fist. Then he quickly snapped his fingers, smirking. "TOKAGE!!"

Naruto Shippuden: Road to Ninja OST ~ My Name

Before Susanoo and his two Oni knew it, Genzai's dragon whelp was seen, flying straight towards the courtyard. We are now heading for the Shrine courtyard! Prepare to dive in! he said to the two Vanguards on his back, before roaring.

The duo hadn't been up in the air for long, but it didn't matter, Quillan was on the edge of his seat...err...dragon scale. Since they had took to the sky, he had watched Leon insult a god, something that was very un-Leon and then he watched the group be warped into the shrine's courtyard. Worry gripped his heart. As aloof as he tried to appear, he did care for what happened to his teammates. And he knew too well what the gods were capable of. "We should go in now." "Yes, save long hair." "And the others." "No. Genzai-san has not yet commanded so."

Quillan grumpily crossed his arms, unhappy with the order. "Do not cry Quillan. Dragon know what he talk about." "I'm not crying, you shirtless lard." "Still, do not be upset...you...shirtful person." Their banter continued, each throwing an insult at the other. They were only interrupted by the annoucement that they were now diving in. We are now heading for the Shrine courtyard! Prepare to dive in!...and would you two just shut up."

"You shut up." 

"Oh yeah, nice one."

"I now see what Genzai means." 

There was no time for further arguments, they were quickly approaching their land zone. "And here we go."

Coming down on the two Oni and their leader, Susanoo, Quillan and Man quickly dismounted the diving dragon. Each targeted a different Oni, leaving Tokage to make a defensive position around the rest of the Vanguards should Susanoo choose to commit to a direct attack. The dragon whelp would no doubt be able to hold him off long enough for Leon, Genzai, and Nailah to get a plan together. 

Now sailing through the air on his own, Quillan fashioned it around him to boost his speed. Traveling at over two hundred miles per hour he hit the Oni on the right, feet first in the chest. The blow caused his knees and legs to shriek in pain, but the pressure quickly went away as he used the sturdy chest of the monster as a springboard to land beside his fellow Vanguards. The powerful Falcon Kick caused the Oni to stumble backwards, leaving him open to a powerful blast of air that Quillan sent flying his way mid-back flip.

Man was in a less controlled fall. Unable to control the winds, he simply plummeted onto the face of the massive Oni. Drawing his staff, he crashed into the monster at full force. A loud crack filled the air, but do to its enchantment, it was not the staff that broke, but the Oni's nose. Blood cascaded down the monster's face as Man delivered a series of other minor blows to the monster. Regaining its composure, the Oni swung at Man. The shirtless Vanguard was forced to raise his own staff in defense. The two blows collided, and much to Man's surprise he was the one forced back. Stumbling backwards, he nearly ran into Nailah. Never before had he met a man or creature that was as strong as himself. "Uh-oh." 

As if broken from a trance, Nailah plucking his forehead had Leon's raged state silenced for a moment, as his piercing leer met her eyes. She acted so...well, calm. She wasn't phased whatsoever by Leon's prominent attitude, but rather was simply speaking to him on a normal, basic level. Even so much as to say playful. His leer lessened as he watched Nailah bring her finger to her chin contemplatively, frowning gently in thought himself. He was less blood-boiled, and now more confused. Nonetheless he listened to her and, watching her smile behind her mask, he took a deep, soothing breath. That was when he felt her fingers gently push his cheeks into a smile. He caught a scent of her fragrance, her tender touch.

Leon quite captivated by Nailah's simple charm he looked to her as she spoke to him more intimately. It snapped him out of his rage and brought him back to sane mind. She was right, at the end of the day they were a team. Leon seemed to be, recently, forgetting this more and more. He had been training isolated to improve his own abilities, not wishing to be a weak link in their chain, but had done so much that he had began to think for himself. Sure, he didn't use the words, but one could have easily replaced the "we"s in his taunt to "I" and so, one'd easily see he was yielding quite the solitary mindset. Nailah was right. If he hadn't got his head right he would've likely taken Susano'o on alone, and get himself killed in the process.

Returning his head to the scene before him, with a much more tranquil state, he listened to the scene before him. Two large Onis accompanied by the target, Susano'o. That was when the God began to flip his lip, and taunt the pair. For a trickster God he was fairly tame. Susano'o should see Quillan after Dionysus takes him for a few drinks, he spits fire. Anyway, it was then when Genzai gave his own few touching words to the Vanguard. Specific plans, they did quite well with, such as the surprise take-down of the two Oni.

Quillan went in stylish, a bonafide Ken Masters of the team. Rocketing down with a dubbed Falcon Kick, he managed to create an opening for himself to blast the demon with air. Man, on the other hand, slammed straight into the other, who retailiated into Man's block, though the ogre nearly had Man stumble upon Nailah. However, taking a quick moment, Leon closed his eyes and gently took a deep breath, resting his forehead against Nailah's for a moment and softly whispering "You guys...geez..." and with a slight chuckle, he continued to say "...let's get Ryujin's treasure back."

Leon drew himself back to the battlefield, leering to the foes ahead. They were shielded by Genzai's unit, giving Leon plenty of time to summon his manticore - the great mythical beast summoned to Leon's side roared out, following which Leon drew a spear and pointed it for Susano'o as he spoke up. "Betrayal is an act worth no less than the likes of Ragnarok. They are our enemy. You have had your warning, Susano'o - stop your resistance immediately, or we will not hesitate to incapacitate you." Leon would imagine some form of retort, to which he would simply say "I wouldn't take our word so lightly - we've dealt with a God before who was leagues more cruel than you have been."

It seems that Leon's words of provocation worked as their trip to the god's palace was shortened. In a flash they were transported into the Shinto God's shrine, right in the middle of the courtyard. "Well, Leon...you saved us the trouble of walking. Kudos..." Genzai smiled, giving Leon an approving nod. It funny, she was thinking the same thing. From the doors before them their target, Susano'o emerged with two vastly different Oni from before. These were large, muscular and looked like they would put up more of a fight than the dog looking ones. "Darn, I was hoping for more Scruffys." After a bit of banter between Susano'o and Genzai, the Shinto vanguard called for his dragon that held Quillian and Man on it's back.

The two earth bound vanguards crashed down; Quillian, not surprisingly, with a flare only he could accomplish. Man's descent, more rough when compared to Quillian, but no less effective. Though the Oni was able to push back again Man's overwhelming strength, almost sending the shirtless vanguard tumbling into her. Thankfully that wasn't the case. Back to Leon he rested his forehead against her own who finally looked to be in his right mind. She grinned, "Good to have you back."

Now it was time to get her own head in the game. Leon spoke to Susano'o his tone further proving that he had calm down. Figuring Genzai and possibly Leon would tackle Susano'o, she set her sights on the Oni. If they were able to push Man away as one did, then her melee attacks weren't going to be of use. Man was no doubt physically stronger than herself, so it would be pointless to try a head on fight with the demon. Instead she removed her mask and prepared for the fight.

Susano'o was caught off guard by the surprise. That clever Vanguard... he glared as he jumped back, seeing Yon and Kai being attacked by Man and Quillan, as Tokage helped out with attacking the two Oni. "Yon! Kai! Keep these fools away from the Shrine! I leave them to you!"

"Yes master..." the two Oni nodded, as Susano'o began to retreat back into the Shrine.

"No! Leon! With me!!" Genzai said, pointing towards the Shino God. "We're going to follow Susano'o! Quillan, Nailah, Man! Take care of the Oni! Tokage will assist you!" The Shinto Vanguard ran towards Yon, who swung his club at him, missing. Then he jumped onto the club and ran up it, jumping off it and landed on the other side, following Susano'o.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OST ~ Nikopol

With Leon on his tail, Genzai skidded to a stop, facing Susano'o. "Susano'o-sama. Just return the Tide Jewels and come with us...I prefer to not have this turn ugly."

"You place much faith into those three in the courtyard." Susano'o simply said, unsheathing Kusanagi. "However, they are out of their league! Yon and Kai are the strongest Oni that I've come across. Your friends stand no chance."

[hr]

The two Oni were baffled at what happened, with Genzai, but the quickly turned their attention to the three Vanguards and Tokage.

"We kill these worms, Kai?" Yon asked, raising his club again.

"Yes, brother." Kai raised his blade.

Both Oni quickly slammed their weapons down onto the ground, now shaking the earth beneath them, sending the three Vanguards into the air.

"Hang on!" Tokage bellowed, as he used his Tempest Claw to subdue the Oni, as he flew up to catch the three Vanguard on his back. "It appears these two are stronger than I thought. May I suggest a quick strike to their backs and to their legs? Take them out quickly like that."

Quillan was not surprised to find that the Oni were indeed quite powerful. Their strength produced a flair that was hard even for himself to match. After slamming their weapons into the ground, the Vanguards that were left to engage the two Oni were thrown into the air. Fortunately for them, they had their very own rescue service. Tokage leapt into action, catching the three Vanguards, and deposited them on the ground. In truth, Quillan was disgruntled by such actions. He had been preparing for a moment like that and had planned to execute another of his oh-so-complicated maneuvers to save the team, but it appeared as if he had been beaten to the punch. But it was no matter, they had bigger problems. 

"It appears these two are stronger than I thought. May I suggest a quick strike to their backs and to their legs? Take them out quickly like that." Tokage said, coming up with a strategy. Quillan shook his head. "Genzai is starting to rub off on you, bro. Just have fun with it." It was astounding that the unit had embodied so much of Genzai's temperament. Strategy and forethought, the very foundation of the Shinto Vanguard....BORING. "Excuse me if I fail to see the fun in battling two large Japanese monsters of legend." Quillan simply rolled his eyes at the dragon whelp's comment. "Remind me to tell you about the time that we defeated Ao Kuang. This is gonna be a piece of cake."

[acronym='Worry not dragon, Quillan does know what he is doing...probably.']"GRRRR Raggghhh ccccraaa ssraggg kra."[/acronym] Man spoke in the dragon dialect to Tokage, trying to calm the reptilianne beast down. Meanwhile, Quillan leapt into action. Throwing a cloud of shuriken into the air, it appeared as if the Grecian Vanguard had lost it. The blades would prove ineffective at the trajectory that Quillan had thrown them. In fact, they would more than likely cause harm to the Spearheads as they had been thrown nearly straight up and would land down on the group of Vanguards.

"Shuriken Storm!" Quillan cried, feeling as if he was a part of some Anime cartoon. A powerful breeze picked up in the courtyard, taking a hold of the cloud of shuriken. Directing the throwing stars towards the two large Oni, Quillan released the deadly rain of steel upon his foes. The shuriken would no doubt prove to be a minor annoyance to the monsters, as most of them would no doubt be blocked by their massive weapons, however, it would leave open time for Quillan to enact the second part of his strategy.

"Archimedes! Go!" A discolored cloud appeared in front of Quillan and out of it flew the massive owl-like creature, a Strix. Archimedes flew above the two Oni and as he did so, he dropped an array of what appeared to feathers onto the monsters. As they blocked the wave of projectiles, the feathers would sink into their skin, causing terrible misfortune upon the pair for a short period of time. 

Turning to Nailah, Quillan winked. "Ready to blow them away?"

As Susano'o moved into his shrine with Genzai and Leon in pursuit, the two Oni, as per order from their master, attacked the remaining three vanguards. A powerful slam of their weapons catapulted them into the air. Luckily they were saved by Genzai's dragon, who deposited the three warriors on the ground. "Thanks for the rescue. I would not have fancied becoming an Oni pancake." Alone with saving them the dragon also provided them with some tips on where to aim. After a teasing remark from Quillian, and Tokage's reply the Greek vanguard went to work leaving Man to try an make peace with the dragon. Nailah looked at Man in interest. Was he actually speaking...Dragon? To her it sounded like nothing but a bunch of snarls and growls but it looked like he was actually communicating with him. "Can you...Actually speak dragon?" 

Whether she was answered or not, she noticed Quillian throw something into the air. "Um...Shouldn't you have thrown it at-oh well I don't know-at them?" She pointed to the two Oni. Seems her worries were unneeded since that was only part of Quillian's plan. Unleashing a storm of shuriken at the Oni, though on it's own wouldn't do much, his followup attack with the help of his own Unit made for an impressive combo.

Turning to Nailah, Quillan winked. "Ready to blow them away?"

"Ha, ready as ever." She grinned, grasping her Was with both hands. "Muk-karara." Her staff glowed, and she pulled her hands apart so there were now two staffs, one in each hand. "Tak-kuseem."  From her lips the hieroglyphs formed and was absorbed by her weapon. With a powerful throw her staff soared towards the two Oni, her words intending in split the two Oni in half. Hopefully at least one of them would hit.

Facing Susano'o, Leon looked to the God and listened to Genzai. However, the response given seemed not of peace. Rather it seemed absent-minded of the God. Leon thus spoke up to say "Susano'o, you should stop worrying about how well your Oni will fare, and bring your attention towards how you will best two high-class Vanguards, with high-class powers. While your skill with a blade may be prominent, we outnumber you, four to one." To this Leon spotted confusion in the God's eyes - what could he mean? All that stood before the Shinto trickster was the pair of Vanguards, and nothing more. Of course, this wouldn't be the case. With two flashes of light, Leon had summoned not one, but both of his powerful units.

To his left stood his regal lady, Shar, his Griffin who's wings beated gusts of wind as she let out a proud scream to intimidate the God, whom she saw as prey. Shar had a predator's instinct nothing less than that of a mighty eagle, and had powerful claws on her lioness body capable of dishing out plenty of powerful attacks.

To his right stood his powerful manticore, Martyaxwar, whom bellowed a powerful roar for the God of Storms. With his tail crooking and curling, he snarled viciously and eyed down Susano'o, showing no sight of fear, remorse, or even mercy in the eyes of this ferocious, unbridled unit.

Following this, Leon summoned his spears and drew them to his side, whispering to Genzai "If we can destroy the ceiling, I can get access to sunlight and bolster my strength. It is your call what we do now, but as things stands I've played my best cards for your favour Genzai." With a hearty pat on the back, he nodded. "We can do this, and well. My units have no fear in their hearts save death, making them hunger more for victory. We've defeated Ao Kuang, Susano'o should meet no different fate."

Facing the God, Leon took a battle stance, awaiting Susano'o's next move.

"We can do this, and well. My units have no fear in their hearts save death, making them hunger more for victory. We've defeated Ao Kuang, Susano'o should meet no different fate."

Genzai smiled at this comment from his leader...his ally. The ceiling...the sunlight did prove useful to the Egyptian War Vanguard upon our venture into the Amazon. Perhaps... he thought, before giving Leon a simple nod. Without a hesitation, Genzai rushed to the right of Susano'o...to the Shinto God...this was a foolish mistake.

"Poor choice, Vanguard of Ryujin." Susano'o scoffed, as he went to strike Genzai down without a second thought. However, instead of Kusanagi cutting through flesh...it clashed against...something hard.

Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Heaven Shaking Event

"I won't let you harm, Genzai-san!Kame yelled, as his shell protected the Shinto Vanguard's life.

Kame...thanks. Genzai smirked, as he hopped onto a small ledge, before looking up at the ceiling above. He smirked, as he stabbed his blade into the pillar, as it unleashed Ame no Goon upon the ceiling, as it suddenly began to shattered above them. "Leon! Prepare yourself!" he said, landing behind Susano'o, and then beginning to clash blades with him.

Damn...what the hell is going on? Are these two even trying? Susano'o thought, unsure of what was happening.

[hr]

Nailah's words...they did indeed kill one of the Oni: Yon. Split into two halves...and then just collapsed on the ground, beginning to slowly fade. Kai swiftly dodged, growling loudly as he let out a huge roar at the three Vanguards.

"DAMN YOU ALL!! Yon...YON GONE!! I'LL KILL PUNY MORTALS!!" Kai yelled, as he slammed his blade past the three Vanguards, almost hitting them. "You all die!!"

As the ceiling began to shatter, the sunlight began to sparkle inside the Temple. Indeed, this began to work in favour for the Vanguards. Leon immediately exposed his bare back to absorb more concentrated rays, before looking to his two units with a firm gaze. Stroking Shar's fur softly he looked to Martyaxwar. "I know not how your venom works against a deity...I want you to go straight for Susano'o. and break him down a little. If you can, poison him, it'll bring him down a notch. We'll do this without bloodshed, but he'll struggle, so be sure to exert unrelenting force upon him." With a nod, his unit roared out and looked for his foe. Then, turning to Shar, he mounted his Griffin whom then began to ascend through the ceiling - he needed absolute access.

Martyaxwar spotted Susano'o busy with Genzai, clashing blades with the Vanguard. Fortunately, the manticore could see he had no eyes upon the back of his head. As such, he would make an attempt to stab his tail straight into the back of the God's leg, to force him into a stumble. If this did not work, the manticore would prepare to dodge for a counter-attack, before following the suit if it had worked: Martyaxwar would then proceed to grapple and hold Susano'o into a tight, locked Full-Nelson Hold, in an attempt to stop the God from squirming or further fighting Genzai. The manticore then shot the Vanguard a look, one asking for him to attempt to reason with the Storm Shinto once more.

Leon, meanwhile, was observing from above the events proceeding below, all the while Shar was flying and circling the environment, exposing Leon's back to greater deals of sunlight. He could feel his blood coursing with Ra's power over the sun. Though a weak tie, Anhur was a son of Ra, and thus Leon was empowered through the exposure to it, as well as able to exert some degree of manipulation to it - he concentrated and amplified the exposure to his back, in order to further bolster the amount of energy he was acquiring in his absorption state. Shar would do a good job trying to keep the Vanguard safe while airborne.

If all went well with the charging step, Leon closed in on Shar's ear, saying "It is time." before summoning out his Divine Djerd, his most powerful and, as a result, most heaviest spear - with Shar's strength he was fully supported and capable of wielding the weapon. As such, he had his Griffin descend back into the shrine, where he would find Martyaxwar, Genzai, Kame, and of course Susano'o. Leon, lifting the great spear in his arm, looked to the Storm Shinto and spoke up if the God had not agreed to surrender.

"This is the Divine Djerd, Susano'o. This is a spear crafted by Ptah, the Egyptian God of all craftsmen. This weapon has been designed as an Siege Weapon, capable of shattering buildings in the right hands. Those hands are currently the Vanguard of the War God, Anhur!" Leon rose the powerful spear, before preparing for its throw. "You have had plenty of chances as it stands to surrender. We have been instructed by superiors to not hesitate when addressing a violent, stray God, and I will give you no further mercy. Live in the light of justice, and receive your judgement, or perish as one of the traitors of Ragnarok. Make your decision."

Quillan whistled as Nailah sent the two staves streaking towards the Oni. The two couldn't have possibly planned this better. The Oni were no doubt powerful opponents, but the two Vanguards had set the monsters up for failure. With Quillan's, or rather Archimedes', attack had left the Oni helpless the the one opponent that no one could control...fate. The Oni saw the weapons coming their way, and began to initiate an expected dodging maneuver. Quillan smiled at the sight. If they only knew...

One of the Oni, Yon started to dash towards the side. The trajectory that he had planned would not only put him out of harms way, but would no doubt prove detrimental to the three Vanguards. Then, a surprising, or rather not-so-surprising, event occurred. Yon stumbled. The massive warrior's elegant dodge had been haltered by bad luck. Knowing that fate had forsake him, Yon closed his eyes as the weapon split him in two.

Despite the gruesome death, there wasn't much gore to be seen as the monster slowly faded into nothing. Quillan turned, expecting to see a similar sight with Kai, but was shocked to instead see a massive blade sent hurtling for his head. "Sh*t." Quillan felt something push him from behind, sending him face first into the dirt. The blade whistled overhead, harming none of the Vanguards.

Quillan looked to see who had saved him. Man had a smug look on his face, instantly telling Quillan that the shirtless ape man had saved his life. "Oh shut up, would ya?" Quillan said, although he was secretly appreciative of his actions. There would be time to thank him later though, there was still a problem to handle. "I'll take things from here." Quillan said, stepping away from the group to take the Oni on by himself.

"No. I do it." Man stepped in front of Quillan, eyeing the monster before him. Quillan opened his mouth to protest, but was hit with a powerful pain to the top of his head. If you interrupt this I will fry your insides. Quillan rolled his eyes. It was nice to know that Vex was always looking out for him. Taking a back seat, he watched the showdown begin.

"Put down weapon!" Man ordered, giving his opponent a chance to surrender, as he always did in a fight. Kai let out a snarl, making it obvious that he wouldn't let the defeat of his brother go unpunished. Man had expected such a reaction, and as such readied himself. "Gift of the Wild - Brother Eagle!" A blue aura surrounded Man as he sprouted powerful looking wings. He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again, the human-like eyes were gone, replaced by those of an eagle. He let out a battle cry, one shockingly similar to that of an eagle and took to the skies.

His staff in hand, the airborne warrior dove at the massive Oni. The two weapons clashed, but thanks to Pan's enchantment, once again, the staff did not break. Flying to the side, Man threw out several blows to the Oni's midsection, followed by a sweeping blow to the back of the Oni's knees. Making use of his superior agility, Man cleverly dodged the sword strokes of the monster. 

With a powerful flap of his wings, Man rose high into the air, the sun shielding his form from view. "What is that moron doing?" Quillan wondered out loud. His question was quickly answered. Appearing to use the same tactic that he had nearly used to defeat Quillan in their first encounter, Man executed a powerful dive, but as he did so, the blue aura that surrounded his body shrank away, replaced by a red one. And with the blue aura, the wings disappeared as well. The dive was now a freefall. An all or nothing maneuver. "Gift of the Wild - Mother Bear!" Powerful claws could be seen at the ends of Man's hands, his muscles bulging with power. 

Quillan watched nervously, prepared to step in if anything happened. One way or another, the battle would be ended there. 

Nailah watched as her staffs went to work. The Oni called Yon, when he tried to dodged unfortunately stumbled and was cleaved in two by Nailah's staff. It was a rather unfortunate end for the stumbling Oni. The second one did not meet the same fate as the first. Succeeding where the other failed, he dodged the staff and sent a follow up attack. Hurtling it's blade at the three. With a silent scream of surprise she dropped to the ground so fast she hit her forehead on the ground. Tears stung her eyes and she looked up a red mark not on the center of her forehead. "Well at least we got one." Of course she was hoping they would be able to take both of them out, and possible help Leon and Genzai with Susano'o if they hadn't already succeeded. Though considering they were still being attack, high chance that Susano'o wasn't defeated yet.

No surprise Quillian was ready for a second round, however Man wanted to take lead for this. Quillian was about to protest, but cringed as if something had hit him. His face changed to reluctant acceptance and so Nailah too stood back to see what Man could do. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't interested. Man asked for the Oni's surrender, which to Nailah seemed pointless. Quillian didn't look surprised so maybe that was something normal for him. Whatever she was expecting from Man, she wasn't expecting giant eagle wings to sprout from his back.

"Animal Mimicry. Now that's a cool power." Nailah grinned watching Man swiftly and easily dodging the Oni's attempts at swatting him down. Soon Man flew high into the air, the sun behind him  making it near impossible to see him.

"What is that moron doing?"

"Sun Bathing." Nailah shrugged.

Man came spiraling down for a nose dive. As he got closer to the Oni, the blue energy around his vanish and with it his wings. Replacing the blue energy was a red one, and Man called out another animal. This one being a bear. Hopefully this would be enough to destroy the final Oni brother.

Kai growled as he raised his blade towards Man, as he was about to end the Vanguard's life...it was sadly not the case. Man's power stopped the blade from reaching him, as he held it in his bear hands. "S-STUPID HUMAN! LET GO!!" he roared, as he tried to pull away, only to have his blade taken from him. "N-NO!! S-S-Susano'o-sama!!" he yelled, before he watched Man flip the blade around and threw it at the Oni's chest, as it pierced the other side.

The second Oni...was finally dead...

[hr]

"You have had plenty of chances as it stands to surrender. We have been instructed by superiors to not hesitate when addressing a violent, stray God, and I will give you no further mercy. Live in the light of justice, and receive your judgement, or perish as one of the traitors of Ragnarok. Make your decision."

Susano'o simply smirked, as now both Genzai and Leon could see sort of a nervous twitch about him...almost as if something was wrong. "N-No...you both cannot do this to me!" he said, almost in a frantic way, as he moved his free hand behind him. "I-I have to do this for HIM...."

"Susano'o-sama...who is 'him'?" Genzai asked quickly, until he saw what the God held in his free hand. It was a sake jar, with a slowly fading seal. His eyes widened, as his grip on his blade grew tighter. "No. Leon!!! Get out to the courtyard now!!" he said quickly, snapping his fingers as Kame left.

There was no time to stop him right now...Susano'o began to slowly remove the fading seal...and Genzai feared for what was inside.

[hr]

The Shinto and Egyptian Vanguards merged from the shrine, running out like it was about to collapse...which is exactly what begun to happen as they left out the doors.

"I see now." Genzai said, as he turned back, to see the collapsing shrine...but also seeing something moving. "Izanagi-sama didn't foresee this development. Susano'o is the victim...HE is the main reason..." he said, as he watched from the collapsed shrine come forth something unforeseen. From the rubble, stood before them, a reptilian creature with eight heads...sharing one body.

Okami OST ~ Orochi's Extermination

Ahhhhh! It feelsssss, ssssso good to return to this pitiful world. And what better way, than to have the one who killed me...bring me back~ the creature spoke, hissing every word.

"Leon...you remember the Ao Kuang thing...this happens to be much worse." Genzai said, seeing the lifeless body of Susano'o on the ground, in front of the creature. "Yamata-No-Orochi...the monster that was killed by Susano'o. We have to take this seriously...one false move...we're dead."

Leon was in a slight well of confusion. Now outside of the shrine, aside Genzai and his units, he furrowed his brow at the recent development. Indeed, keeping to his mantra and sticking to his guns, he showed no fear in the face of the serpent, but so many questions went unanswered - why was Susano'o doing this? What was the point? Why would he set this creature free? How did this serpent do this to Susano'o? Alas he felt these would remain unanswered, for right now there'd be no time for anyone to answer them. With this giant f*cking snake staring at them dead in the eye, the hour of mercy had ended - the Yamato-No-Orochi was supposedly much worse than Ao Kuang. Immediately Leon could see he had a bad temper, but otherwise he smirked.

"Worse? This seems much easier to me." Leon simply replied. "We had to be careful with Ao Kuang. This guy? Well, let's say the Spearheads're gonna have eight skulls under our belts." As such, he looked to Genzai for a brief moment, before glancing behind them. Indeed, it seemed the Oni were nothing for Man, Quillan or Nailah. One had split in half, making Leon chuckle, before looking to Genzai. "This guy ain't no hydra, so Nailah can decapitate his heads alright."

Taking a brief breath he bellowed "Quillan! Nailah! Man! Line-up and take battle stances, get ready to fight!", ordering up the troops to rally and ready themselves for this threat. Leon sighed - Genzai was good at giving them direction, but right now his battle planning was in dire need. As such upon the arrival of the other three Leon summoned out all his spears, casting them aside. Quickly, he then began to set out the battle plan for the team: "Summon all your units, and have them ready to follow your command. Do not hold any mercy. Do not hesitate. This thing needs to be taken down. I need cover for a minute at the least, but I can promise you all that it'll turn the tides in our favour if you can grant me this."

Once this was all said and done he made out quick commands: "Man, we're in nature save the shrine. Tank physical attacks when you can, and draw in attention. Keep me covered. Nailah, any special attacks heading are to be deflected. Quillan, your units are our best debuffs - get your Harpy's unlucky feathers on this thing, and traumatise him with skyward projectiles. When an opening to a neck is give, Genzai and Nailah, attack it relentlessly."

With all orders finished, the battle was broken out - Leon immediately put his plan together. Hoping his word had been given heed, Leon returned both his manticore and griffin into pillars of light. These pillars of light are the means that Units are summoned when not simply available close to the Vanguard. However, Leon was manipulating these pillars of light - he began to draw them parallel to each other, before reversing their polarity (since they were originally being dismissed but now re-summoned). In doing this, through forcing his arms together, he had the pillars collide against each other and upon him, before they began to merge, his spears soon following suit. This climactic technique needed time to be executed, and Leon was absolutely reliant on cover right now.

Quillan watched Man streak downward, his nails elongating into dangerous claws and brown shaggy fur taking root up and down his arms. The Oni, Kai, raised his blade to defend against such an attack. The Grecian Vanguard couldn't watch anymore, he would have to step in, but as he prepared to do so, Man and Kai's attacks met. Blade on nail. Muscle on muscle. A loud crack filled the air and the large sword that had been met to slice Man in two lodged itself firmly in the Oni's head. The massive monster dropped to the ground, dark blood oozing out of its wound. 

Quillan stared on, completely dumbfounded by the scene. He let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't realized how much he was worried about the confrontation. He shook his head, a slight smile on his face. He should have known better. Man was one to just lay down and die. Quillan should know that better than anybody. There was a dull thud as Man dropped to the ground, absorbing the shock by bending his knees and executing a combat roll. When he stood back up, he was almost knocked over by Quillan who embraced his friend. 

"Nice job, big guy." Quillan said, giving Man a friendly punch to the shoulder.

"Sissy." Man said, referring to Quillan's display of affection. Quillan adopted a dark look, but couldn't maintain the face so settled with another punch to Man's shoulder. "No more heroics today, 'kay?" "Ok." "That's my job anyway." 

Quillan looked to where Nailah stood. "We should probably check on Genzai and Leon. Susano'o is a god after all." Quillan and Man took a few steps towards the shrine, but as they drew close a massive roar erupted from the small building. The doors flew open. Genzai and Leon flew passed the two Grecian Vanguards. "We done?" Man asked, confused by the sight. "I don't think s-" As Quillan started the sentence, the building that was the shrine exploded. Acting as quickly as possible, Quillan summoned a barrier of circling air around Man and himself, guarding from the debris. 

Letting the barrier fade, Quillan looked at their new opponent. A massive hydra-like creature reared its eight heads, issuing a challenge to the Spearheads. Ahhhhh! It feelsssss, ssssso good to return to this pitiful world. And what better way, than to have the one who killed me...bring me back~

"Is that Susano'o?" Quillan asked, confused at the sight of the reptilian creature. "Yamata-No-Orochi...the monster that was killed by Susano'o. We have to take this seriously...one false move...we're dead." Quillan died a little inside by Genzai's words. Another monster that should be dead. It was like the Calydonian Boar all over again. Except this time, the monster had only be slain by a freaking god. 

"Quillan! Nailah! Man! Line-up and take battle stances, get ready to fight!" Quillan heard the order and silently berated himself. In the confusion he had failed to raise his guard and left himself open for an attack. In that short time he could have been flattened by the scaled creature. In fact, just as he readied himself to take a defensive stance, a massive scaled tail came lashing around, heading right towards the Grecian Vanguards. "Gods dammit!" Having no time to worry about Man, Quillan leapt high into the air, using his control over the winds to gain some serious altitude. As he did so, he looked down below to watch a brilliant white aura surround Man. "Gift of the Wild - Father Wolf." Man became a blur of movement, dodging the sweep of the tail and taking refuge a few feet in front of Leon.

"Man, we're in nature save the shrine. Tank physical attacks when you can, and draw in attention. Keep me covered. Nailah, any special attacks heading are to be deflected. Quillan, your units are our best debuffs - get your Harpy's unlucky feathers on this thing, and traumatize him with skyward projectiles. When an opening to a neck is give, Genzai and Nailah, attack it relentlessly." 

"It's not a harpy it's a-. Oh never mind!" Quillan said, beginning to protest against Leon's orders. Archimedes had since left the area, so Quillan would have to summon both of his Units. There was a crackle of thunder as the form of Vex appeared beneath Quillan, who was staying afloat in the air. In front of the airborne Vanguard a discolored cloud appeared and out of it appeared Archimedes. "Blood now?" Archimedes asked, his barbed tongue appearing to lick the edges of its beak. "Just be careful." "Pfft, you should take your own advice." 

Archimedes flew off over the writhing form of Yamato-no-Orochi. He began to shed his feathers, but as they met with the touch scales of the snake creatures they did not sink in like they had with the two Oni. Instead, the turned a dark black and melted into a dark ooze. "Sh*t." Quillan shouted, seeing that the maneuver would prove to be useless. He watched as each feather proved ineffective, until one landed in the open maw of the monster. The monster gagged on the feather, but quickly recovered. That would be enough though, the Spearheads had now gained an advantage.

Just as that thought entered Quillan's mind a loud hissing noise filled the air as the one of the heads lashed upwards, searching for Quillan's body. "Get moving you lazy horse." Vex sent a small jolt of electricity through Quillan, but reacted nonetheless. The snake's open maw swallowed only air, completely missing Quillan. "Well I guess it's time to get this party started." Leaping off of Vex, Quillan began to plummet towards the 8 snake heads. Several reached up to swallow him, but only one succeeded.

The warm and slimy environment almost made Quillan lose his nerve, but he knew that if he faltered even for a movement he would be coming out of the wrong end of the beast. Slamming his fists together, Quillan summoned the Cyclone Sphere. The air around him began to circle around him, expanding outward. "Suck on this!" With a shout of effort, Quillan put a large amount of power into the Cyclone Sphere. Finally, the barrier of cycling air became too much for the snake head and in an explosion of flesh and saliva, Quillan emerged once again into the fresh air. "I am never doing that again." Quillan said as he landed on the ground of the courtyard. He looked up to the now seven headed snake.

[hr]

Man had summoned up the power of the wolf to dodge the massive form of the monster's tail. He then watched as Quillan dove into the open mouth of the snake creature. "He idiot." Man had faith in his friends, figuring that he had some form of plan and so he wasn't surprised to watch one of the heads of the 8 headed dragon snake explode. Man thought about clapping at the spectacle, but he had a job to do and congratulations would have to come later.

Man retreated farther away from the monster, taking a cross-legged sitting position on the courtyard ground. He brought his pan flute up to his lips and began to play a soft melody. Despite the music's quiet nature, its noise filled the entire area of the courtyard. Almost immediately there was a rumbling under foot and from below the ground, vines of green began to appear. Reaching up from in between the cobbled surface, the tendrils of nature began to grow thicker as Man's music encouraged them to grow. 

Each time one of the snake's heads would strike at one of the Vanguards, the vines would fend off the venomous fangs. The tune of the music became more frantic and in response to the change, the movement of the vines changed as well. Taking on a more offensive form, the vines began to wrap around one of the snake's heads, binding it to the ground. The vines began to squeeze tighter and tighter, with time the snake's neck would either break or it would suffocate. 

[hr]

Taking advantage of the downed head, Quillan ran up the length of the snake's body, leaping over the vines and the other heads that seemed determined to turn him into dinner. Springboarding off a very angry snake, Quillan landed on the back of Vex who had been circling the snake, attempting to distract with multiple lightning blasts. Archimedes flew about the monster, scratching at the eyes, attempting to blind it. "I'm wiped." Quillan said, his sides heaving. The effort of summoning such a powerful Cyclone Sphere was finally hitting him. There would be no more big plays from him. Now all he could do was offering a bit of air support. 

They won. Not that Nailah had believed otherwise. Between her magic, Quillian and Man's skill this battle was nothing more than child's play. After some bantering between Quillian and Man, the former mentioned vanguard turned to her and suggested that they head into the shrine to assist their fellow Spearheads. More than ready to charge in, Nailah saw that it was unneeded as Genzai and Leon came rushing out. Moments later the shrine exploded, sending debris everywhere. Muttering a quick word "Suarafa." She deflected the few debris that headed towards her. Turning back to the destroyed shrine there was a large 8 headed monster, and Susano'o was laying on the ground beneath the beast. Genzai mentioned that this monster, named Yamato-no-Orochi, was behind it all and even Susano'o was being used as a pawn.

"Tougher than Ao Kaung huh. Sound's like just the challenge." Nailah smirked, perking up once Leon began barking orders. Guess he was going to take over for the battle. "Quillan! Nailah! Man! Line-up and take battle stances, get ready to fight!" Giving a salute, she too found herself dodging one of the eight tails of Orochi. This may actually be a problem.

"Summon all your units, and have them ready to follow your command. Do not hold any mercy. Do not hesitate. This thing needs to be taken down. I need cover for a minute at the least, but I can promise you all that it'll turn the tides in our favor if you can grant me this."

Her units? It had been a while since she last called them out. Unlike the others she doesn't really user her unit's in battle simply due to her never needing them. With her Word's and everyone else utilizing their own units there wasn't ever a need, but now seemed like a rather decent time. "Alright then BarutiIsetnofret, come." The hieroglyphs appeared before a large grey haired baboon, and a beautiful red Isis appeared. "It has been such a long time since I have stretched out my wings." Nailah smiled. "Well be ready for a work out." Isetnofret eyes glistened in glee, "What fun! Let's not waste any time then!" She took flight, opening her beak and a beautiful song enveloped the field. Similar to Leon's own ability, Isentnofret's song was more of a moral booster as well as providing Nailah with an extra 10 Words. Which was very needed as she was running quite low on those. That along with Baruti's appearance also gave Nailah extra words to use.

"Shafiya. Get ready." Baruti called to the Egyptian vanguard who turned from Man and Quillian's own battle. Guess she couldn't admire today. There was another tail heading for them, but Baruti moved to intercept it. The tail slammed into Baruti, who slid back from the impact but none the less managed to catch the struggling tail. "Shafiya, go."

"Of course!" Nailah removed her mask, and leaped onto the captive tail, using it as a path to the body. She noticed another tail zoom by her, taking the chance to glance back it was heading for Leon. He was still charging for his attack. "Leon, Suarafa." The tail heading for Leon suddenly hit a barrier that violently shot away the tail, making it hit one of the now remaining 7 heads. "You're welc-Shafiya!Baruti's tone of warning made her look forward where another of it's heads was coming straight for her. It was too close. She didn't have time for another Word or to dodge. So she stuck out her staff, stopping the head from clamping down on her, but it's momentum pushed her back. Her staff was making a creaking noise again. It was going to break. The enchantment must have worn off. She cursed herself for not getting it checked as it was around the time for it's maintenance. Just as she feared her Was snapped in two and there was nothing keeping her from being eaten by Orochi's head.

Before it could have a Nailah sized lunch, Baruti landed onto the head slamming it into the ground before leaping towards Nailah and taking her away from the recovering head. "Well that didn't go as planned."

"It makes me wonder how you have succeeded thus far." Baruti sighed setting Nailah down. "It is a shame about your Was. But it is a simple fix."

"Yeah...Isetnofret." The unit circled down to Nailah. With a nod to Baruti, he moved forward to help deflect the tails and head of Orochi with his massive strength.

"Not exactly your best day huh." Isetnofret teased, her voice laughing at Nailah. "Harp at me later, but I need to use you since my Was is no good." Isetnofret flew off, heading towards the head that had Baruti in it's sights. "I shall create an opening. Do not waste it." "I'm not your little Shafiya, so you don't have to lecture me!" "Sometimes I wonder.

"Are you ready?" Nailah called out, just as Baruti used his powerful legs to leap into the air, and land an uppercut to the head's chin. The head launched into the air, giving a perfect opening for Isetnofret. "Right, Tak-kuseem." The golden hieroglyphs formed, heading for Isetnofret. The unit had begun a dive bomb towards the exposed neck spinning with her dive. Isetnofret's body began to glow a faint gold. Orochi attempted to stop the oncoming Isis, but Nailah was prepared for that as well, "Isetnofret, Suarafa." Much like earlier with Leon the attack was deflected with ease, allowing Isetnofret to pierce cleanly through the next, thus ridding themselves of another head. "Yuck! I hope you plan on cleaning my feathers for all of this work I'm doing. This is disgusting." Isetnofret complained coming to rest beside Nailah, and inspecting her wings. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to clean your feathers once we get home."

Turning to Baruti, who was battling yet another of Orochi's head's, Nailah saw that he was impressively holding his own. "Baruti, Suarafa." The head was deflected, stunning and disorienting it enough for another clean attack. "Lama'ah." The hieroglyphs were this time absorbed by Baruti, who's hands glowed with a golden light and he clapped his hands together three times to allow for the heat waves to slice off the 4th head.

Nailah stumbled backwards, breathing heavily and trying to keep upright on her shaking legs. "Th-this really is tough." How many words was that already? 11? She hoped whatever Leon and Genzai had planned was going to work. "Alright l-let's continue."

This was impressing Genzai. Already with their combined strength, the Orochi lost one head already. However, he knew that one head wouldn't just be taken lightly.

Naruto OST ~ Orochimaru Fight

"HOW DARE YOU!" the Yamata-no-Orochi hissed in pain. The seven remaining heads glared at the Vanguards, as it smirked widely. "We are impresssssssed though. Only Sssssusssano'o hasssss ssssuccessfully cut our headsssss off. However...we've learned from passssst misssstakessss~" Without warning, the Orochi's heads began to charge up a severe amount of energy.

"Kame! Tokage! Prepare for defensive maneuver!" Genzai said, as he watched the energy being charged up.

Without words, Kame hid in his shell, as water poured from it. Tokage quickly grabbed the hidden turtle and flung him towards the middle of the Vanguards and the Orochi, just in time too. The energy converted into a huge blast, as it headed straight for the Spearheads. However, Kame arrived in between, using his Auqa Defense technique, covering the warriors in an aquatic shield.

Suddenly, the blast exploded after making contact with Kame, who was now severely injured, landing next to Genzai. "S-Sorry...Genzai-san..."

"You did well...j-just return. I need you to heal now." Genzai said, his teeth gritting, as he recalled Kame. Beside him was Susano'o's unconscious body and by his foot...Kusanagi. W-Wait! Of course! We can beat it faster... he thought, taking Kusanagi in his free hand, walking to Leon's side. "Leon...I want you four to make a distraction...I'll go in for the strike. As for a plan...I'm going to wing it." Genzai simply turned his head to Leon, as he smirked. "Strokes of genius usually happen when one wings it. I learned that from you and Quillan..."

Leon's strained and focussed eyes darted to Genzai with an equally strained smirk. "A distraction? Now?" He asked with a chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief - he had hoped Genzai was not oblivious to the effort he was engaging in. Further forcing the two pillars of light that embodied his units he began to feel them repel against each other, as it was naturally so for summoning beams not to want to meet in order to function effectively. The pressure was intense, but the training Leon dedicated himself to had been specifically tailored for this particular technique. Again returning his attention momentarily to Genzai he barked out due to the pressure his body was undergoing "As soon as this is finished, the tide will turn. I'll be able to focus this bastards' attention!"

As such, after a while the two beams finally began to flash over Leon's form, to which Leon continued to force them closer and closer to each other - the closer they became the harder the push, but ultimately it finally happened, the two pillars began to crash out and lash against each other, sparks of energy bolting. Yet with one final push and a forceful roar, Leon merged the two pillars together, striking his form as he basked in the intense light. It wasn't long before Leon was no longer in sight due to how bright the pillars containing his units shined, however not shortly after the pillars settled, and began to fade - what they left behind was a new and powerful quality available to the Vanguard: Fusion.

Airborne yet without wings stood a notably different Leon. He yielded one Spear, and his hair was long and loose. With a cape he soon casted aside, he revealed the remainder of his new attire - dark red form-fitting battle-gear that looked as luxurious as they did ready for a fight. Indeed with Fusion, Leon's power had vastly increased. He had adopted qualities from his units, namely Shar's flight, and the sheer combat power of Martyaxwar. Even his spears had fused, now serving a light, but incredibly powerful weapon capable of flooring siege weapons. It was light in Leon's grasp only because of the newly acquired, overwhelming power he had attained. With a smirk, he then slashed the spear, releasing highly concentrated solar energy straight for one of the heads, releasing a flash of light which blinded said head.

Leon was not patient, however - in a flash he darted forward with incredibly speed, bolting to the blinded head. Swinging away two oncoming heads who attempted to keep him away with a swing of his spear, Leon roared out and thundered through the blinded head, rushing through the skull from top to bottom, before landing on the ground. With a quick glance to Genzai, Nailah, Man and Quillan he smirked. "You guys'll be learning how to do this after this mission, count on it." As such, swiping his spear at heads coming for them, Leon attempted to draw in the attention of the great serpent. His spear cutting through scale like butter, he was adamant on being able to do more than simply distract the snake. "Genzai, when you're ready!"

"Genzai, when you're ready!"

Genzai was impressed at the new found skill Leon had shown...Fusion. An interesting technique indeed, but he had no time to stand there impressed. This was the moment...it was time for the Orochi to be slain once more.

"Tokage...assistance, if you please." Genzai smirked.

Tokage smirked back. He picked the Shinto Vanguard up in his claw and nodded. Genzai-san, give him the death he deserves! he roared, as he launched Genzai at the Orochi.

Naruto Shippuden: Blood Prison OST ~ Infinite

"GAH! You ssssslimy ssssssson of a b-" the Orochi began, still trying to get Leon off its scales, until he noticed Genzai being launched at him. "You boy...you have gutsssss to face me like thissss~ EMBRACE YOUR DEATH, VANGUARD!!!" The Orochi hissed its threat, as it's tail rose and attempted to slam Genzai to the ground. However, what was there one minute...was gone the next. "I-IMPOSSSSSIBLE!!"

Genzai landed near the base of the Orochi's tail, as he began to run of the beast's tail. Ryujin Kenbu...4th Form: Ame no Doki Suru! he thought, as he began to steadily breath...as his breath began to synchronize with that of the beast.

"THERE YOU ARE!" The Orochi hissed as its heads began to strike at the Shinto Vanguard. One by one, the heads struck at Genzai, but failed to hit him, as he began to evade the attacks. "SSSSSTOP MOVING!! DIE!!!" One head slithered straight towards Genzai, only to have him jump over top of his head.

"You have stolen Ryujin-sama's Tide Jewels..." Genzai began, as he landed on top of the one head, quickly moving Kusanagi downward, cutting it off. Another head came forth and prepared to do the same. "You used Susano'o-sama for your own purposes..." he said, as he side stepped to the left, slashing another head with Kusanagi. "For those reasons....and even for slandering my allies...you shall die once more! Not by Susano'o-sama's hand this time...but by Hatsune Genzai...SHINTO VANGUARD OF RYUJIN!!"

"FILTHY MORTAL! DON'T COUNT ME OUT LIKE THAT!!" the Orochi roared at the Vanguard, as the remaining five heads charged towards Genzai.

"Yamata-no-Orochi...when you return to Yomi...prepare for an agony worse than you've known before. May the Shinto God's wrath haunt you...and may my name, curse your existence." Genzai stated, as he rasied both Mizu Kiba and Kusanagi, and began to rush towards the Orochi's heads, slashing the blades around them. Ryujin Kenbu...7th Form: Ame no Tanto! Within moments, he was in the appearance of a speeding water bullet.

Each head passed by the speeding water bullet that was Genzai, as it almost looked like they missed him every time. And once Genzai had passed the final head, he saw the main target: his abdomen...the place its heart would be. He simply ran into it by the water bullet, as it burst. Before everyone knew it, the Orochi's heads...one by one...were cut off...and the abdomen, slashed open. The Orochi began to hiss in pain, as it felt the wounds left by Ame no Tanto. Finally...it collapsed and began to slowly disappear...dead.

Genzai walked from the area the beast was at, and simply smirked, as he stood before his allies. "The Orochi has been defeated. Its about time we took Susano'o-sama back to Izanagi-sama." he said, as he opened the scroll he was given, as they warped back to the throne room of Izanagi.

"Izanagi-sama...we've successfully completed the mission...a-and we need some medical attention...mainly for Susano'o-sama...and Quillan...he's exhausted most of his power..."

Izanagi simply nodded, as both Susano'o and Quillan were taken from the throne room. "They will be returning momentarily...in the meantime, please remain here. I will return with Ryujin."

Quillan watched in awe as Leon executed the technique known as Fusion. It was quite the impressive show, but it was only the opening act. As Leon kept Yamata-no-Orochi occupied, Genzai picked up the dropped sword of Susano'o and charged the massive monster. While Quillan may have been dubbed the one with a knack for the dramatics, it was quite obvious that he had rubbed off on the rest of teammates. Genzai spewed some speech, that was no doubt one to be remembered as he beheaded the now seven-headed monster. In a display of expert swordsmanship, Genzai finished the battle with a decisive strike to the monster's abdomen.

Seeing that the battle was over, Quillan released his two units, thanking them for their work. Archimedes protested for a moment, asking to snack upon Orochi's carcass, but Quillan banished him with a wave of his hand. Using his control over the air to cushion his fall, Quillan landed beside his teammates. The haunting tune of Man's pan flute faded away as he released the spell that had made the wild flora go wild. "Looks like Genzai has some musical competition." Quillan said, clapping Man on the back. 

"The Orochi has been defeated. Its about time we took Susano'o-sama back to Izanagi-sama." Genzai stated as he retrieved the scroll that Izanagi had given them. Upon seeing it, Man's eyes lit up in excitement. "More magic." He said, clapping like a small child. The group was then warped back to the throne room of the Shinto Gods. It seemed as if they hadn't moved since the Spearheads had left. "Please, contain your excitement..." Quillan said sarcastically, making a point to draw attention to their fairly silent welcoming. "But, they make no noise..." Man said, confused by Quillan's statement. Not deeming the comment worth a response, Quillan just leaned on Man's shoulder for support. He hadn't realized how tired he was until the battle had finished. It seemed as if he was always the only one that ever acquired any injuries during battle.

"Izanagi-sama...we've successfully completed the mission...a-and we need some medical attention...mainly for Susano'o-sama...and Quillan...he's exhausted most of his power..."

"No, I'm fine. Take care of Susano'o." Quillan protested, refusing any medical treatment. "I can take care of myself." Quillan said, as he held out the palm of his hand. A small twister appeared in it and when it disappeared a single slice of pizza had taken its place. "I just need a little snack." Quillan said as he licked his lips. Before he could take a bit however, Man grabbed the slice of pizza from his hands and ate it in one bite. 

"What the Hades?!" 

"I hungry." 

"Well so was I!" 

"Get own food."

"I did. You ate my food!" 

"Liar." To the others it would seem as if Man was being sincere about his words, actually believing the pizza to be his, but Quillan easily read the brute's mischievous smile. There would no doubt be words later.

"Whatever. So anyway..." Quillan started, turning his attention to the rest of the group. "You gonna keep that?" Quillan asked, gesturing towards the sword in Genzai's hand. 

Archived