Numbers Tournament X [Round 2 ends Midnight EST, May 10th]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's debatable. Number 56 can easily qualify as THE worst Number :P

I've always personally believed this to be true. It's bad in essentially every way.

-Horrible stats

-Horrible Summoning Condition

-Unbelievably underwhelming effect

On a more relevant note, I was wondering exactly how double elimination would work with this sort of tournament. Imagine I lose round 1, and therefore my Number, and am then put into the loser's bracket. My opponents in the loser's bracket will ALSO have 0 Numbers, because they lost their Number in the previous round, same as me.

And in the following round of the loser's bracket, I'll still have 0 Numbers against a person who should have 1 Number, assuming they got booted from the winner's bracket into the loser's one. And since our Decks were probably designed with our Numbers in mind, we're at a massive disadvantage due to missing our ace monster AND facing people who still have a Number.

Are the people who lose round 1 given a new Number upon entry to the loser's bracket? Or maybe we should all be given 2 Numbers at the start of the tournament, rather than 1.

On a more relevant note, I was wondering exactly how double elimination would work with this sort of tournament. Imagine I lose round 1, and therefore my Number, and am then put into the loser's bracket. My opponents in the loser's bracket will ALSO have 0 Numbers, because they lost their Number in the previous round, same as me.
And in the following round of the loser's bracket, I'll still have 0 Numbers against a person who should have 1 Number, assuming they got booted from the winner's bracket into the loser's one. And since our Decks were probably designed with our Numbers in mind, we're at a massive disadvantage due to missing our ace monster AND facing people who still have a Number.
Are the people who lose round 1 given a new Number upon entry to the loser's bracket? Or maybe we should all be given 2 Numbers at the start of the tournament, rather than 1.

I believe there are enough Numbers, including the Over Hundreds, that giving each person 2 Numbers would work.

Well, we've made our decision, because of evilfusion's points.

When you build your deck for your initial Number(s) and turn it in, you will lock in the decktype you choose. You will then be assigned a somewhat-random-somewhat-considered second Number(s) to work with the decktype you chose and possibly supplement the Number that you were randomly assigned.

Once you have this second Number, you will have a chance to edit your deck, beyond adding the Number, if you so desire. You must stick to the same deckTYPE, though. So let's say you chose... Constellars. You must stick with Constellars. If you choose Chain Beat, you stick with Chainbeat.

As such, please specify which decktype you choose, so no confusion is had.

And this is first come, first serve, so best move quickly.

Actually, it would work out okay in double elimination because eventually you would duel someone in the loser's bracket who went past the first round, and therefore would have 2 Numbers instead of 1.

If you do get a second number, would you HAVE to change your deck to be able to play it? Because then that could be even worse than just getting one, depending on what you get.

Yes, if your deck is in and accepted, you will get your next one soon.

Also, please try to be as flexible as possible in deck building, so that you will not end up with an unusable/absurd to use Number.

No, you would not be forced to add it in. It's supplementary.

Due to the fact that I didn't THINK we were going to be doing second numbers round 1, I'm going to need a bit to get everything sorted out.

If you turned your deck in already, I've noted the order and that's the order I'll be giving out secondary numbers. So yeah, it'll still be random, but much less so and whatever you get will hopefully help the deck you built.

Once you have this second Number, you will have a chance to edit your deck, beyond adding the Number, if you so desire. You must stick to the same deckTYPE, though. So let's say you chose... Constellars. You must stick with Constellars. If you choose Chain Beat, you stick with Chainbeat.

It is frowned upon that you should edit it too much, and it's technically able to be edited until we start, but yes, you can.

[quote name="Dementuo" post="6188638" timestamp="1367010132"]
Only your original number is required to be in your Extra at all times.[/quote]
This

You may not remove the original Number. EVER. You are not required any usage of the second Number, though.

Alright, we're waiting on 6 Deck Lists:

Evilfusion
Aversa
Airride
Gendo Ikari
★ 24/7 - No Br'Aix ★
-Doodle

Once these are in, and their second Numbers assigned, you will have 1 extra day to edit your decks from the day we get the last decklist.

If I tell the Number assigner what my Deck is intended to be, but don't have the Decklist finished yet (due to work and homework eating up most of my Deckbuilding time), would I get the second Number? It seems a bit roundabout to make the Deck, turn it in, get a new Number, and then edit your Deck again.

If I tell the Number assigner what my Deck is intended to be, but don't have the Decklist finished yet (due to work and homework eating up most of my Deckbuilding time), would I get the second Number? It seems a bit roundabout to make the Deck, turn it in, get a new Number, and then edit your Deck again.

It's mainly due to the fat that people are gonna try to skirt around it.

If she accepts it, I don't see why not try.

Archived