Graphic Design Content Planning

Night

YCM 2013 RULES REFORM

SUPPORTERS:

wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_K

Wait, so... what's happening? Are we voting for a more flexible ruling, or against the spamming? The meme is there to break up my post, design wise... 

If it's for the more flexible ruling on this board, then I'm all for that. It's a creative and spontaneous place, no point formalising it for the sake of it.

Edit: meant to edit my original post... sorry. Lay them points on me.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to wait until finals were over, and for the SOTW to end (since that was kind of an assignment in and of itself) to start giving more assignments.

Come tomorrow, you should see another assignment up, for Vibrant anyway. No idea what Nocturne is up to, it's not like I occasionally browse their section, nope not me. 

I think we could get some of the Mods on board.

Night

Koko

Black

LZ

Roxas

Yankee

yeah good enough tbh

So night, what are you doing about the assignments?

I would actually not like that because the only spam General gets is the retarded kind. Not something I'd want more of. Showcase spam is mostly celebratory and/or excitement. General spam is generally (get it?) is the text form of a CoD mic chat but then throw in people who try to flaunt an invisible superiority, be it for intelligence or unsupported "success" of life, ect.

On-Topic: The SOTW Hall of Fame is going to actually be updated this time, yes?

I also think it'd be better if we focused on nailing out details on one thing at a time.

Ok, first we need to decide what we should be doing. These are just things that I remember reading in this thread....maybe.

0. The overall point of Teams is to increase activity/get better. But does each team have its purpose? I guess a reason to support your team over everyone. (like a trophy, a rivalry, ect)

1. Recruit/get back lost members

2. Figure out a leaderboard

3. How often are we going to do team battles, who/how decides the brackets (leaderboard?), and what does the winning team get?

4. Team collabs (is it important? are we going to place an importance on it?)

5. Initiative based things

...drawing a blank now.

So we make a list, check it twice.

Everyone knows Night isn't nice.

We pick the things we want to discuss.

By simple physics Showcase will un-rust.

Ok, first we need to decide what we should be doing. These are just things that I remember reading in this thread....maybe.

0. The overall point of Teams is to increase activity/get better. But does each team have its purpose? I guess a reason to support your team over everyone. (like a trophy, a rivalry, ect)

3. How often are we going to do team battles, who/how decides the brackets (leaderboard?), and what does the winning team get?

...drawing a blank now.

Oh, LZ, being as witty as ever.

Who would've thought that you were so clever?

Now we've rhymed enough, we should get on topic.

... Just as soon as Night shows some hot pics. ;3

but fr srs

I really think we should get a Vibrant vs Nocturne thing going on.

Suggestions:

Everyone In Vibrant has an opposing member from Nocturne to be their rival and vice versa.

The two pairs have collabs, competitions etc.

I mean, I would love to have a rival, just sayin'.

...drawing a blank now.

0.The assignments play a key role in that it keeps people producing art, and yes the competition factor will be a major factor in the success of teams. 

1.There's no way to actually gauge that, it's something that'll happen on it's own as people remember to check back and see what's going on in showcase.

2.Still need to decide if the leaderboard will document just 1v1's or collab battles, sotw/other tourney wins as well. That and we're going to need someone to host it as I've already got enough on my plate.

3.We'll still need to decide who will setup and manage the leaderboard first and then decide if the team battles will be an established thing or if it'll happen whenever we feel necessary.

4.Again, that's still up for debate.

5. What I really need right now is to formulate a list of threads/projects that need to be up and people who will run them.

Oh and the SOTW will be hosted by a different person each week.

Obligatory

by Night A. Walker

Still perplexed as to why the list begins at Zero.

With aspirations and tedious planning, showcase will be Legend.

You saw what I did there, did you not.

I'm clearly the best poet and reformist who's ever *shot* 

My view on spamming as a whole is completely antithetical to those of the rest of the staff,in my opinion if someone is "spamming" in order to to gain post count or deter the topic, that's one thing. However, if the person is merely so enthusiastic at the moment of posting that they'd rather spew out opinion and impulse rather than develop substantial concepts to the topic, that should honestly be fair game. 

At the end of the day, some people just want to use this site to socialize with another and not care for "developing topics". 

But alas, the rules take precedent over my personal opinion.

YCM 2013 RULES REFORM

SUPPORTERS:

LOL

Scrolling down when suddenly, audible chuckle. Good'n

0.The assignments play a key role in that it keeps people producing art, and yes the competition factor will be a major factor in the success of teams. 

1.There's no way to actually gauge that, it's something that'll happen on it's own as people remember to check back and see what's going on in showcase.

2.Still need to decide if the leaderboard will document just 1v1's or collab battles, sotw/other tourney wins as well. That and we're going to need someone to host it as I've already got enough on my plate.

3.We'll still need to decide who will setup and manage the leaderboard first and then decide if the team battles will be an established thing or if it'll happen whenever we feel necessary.

4.Again, that's still up for debate.

5. What I really need right now is to formulate a list of threads/projects that need to be up and people who will run them.

Oh and the SOTW will be hosted by a different person each week.

Obligatory

by Night A. Walker

Still perplexed as to why the list begins at Zero.

With aspirations and tedious planning, showcase will be Legend.

You saw what I did there, did you not.

I'm clearly the best poet and reformist who's ever *shot* 

The only thing about the Team battles is the voting. Who will vote? Obviously both teams can't vote and obviously members here can't vote either because I doubt anyone outside of showcase actually has any artistic understanding that will suffice or even be fathomable.

The Light

by Eliya D.

Y'all trying to take my light

I ain't giving my spot without a fight

Paying me points to jump out of my undetectable box

I ain't giving my children up for your masonic smallpox

Tetanus
by Rai N. Bread
Clearly Showcase needs a tetanus shot;
Although I'm not sure what that relevance that's got.
On team battles, the issue crowned,
the winner is found through names unsound,
take the entries anonymous be,
and put them all under a proverbial pear tree.
"Thank you," said the crowd to the Raibread and butter,
and then he did a haiku like a complete nutter.

Leaderboard will show;
Wins from mod-approved events;
Praise the great cronut.

Dragons Dance at Dusk 

by Night A. Walker

The iridescent sky smiles down upon thee raibread,

a martyr of showcase, every canvas drawing out thy viscous scarlet red.

Fear not for you are a true envoy of reform, an oscillating cavort of maroon and amber, 

The heavens shift and thus, whimsically, dawn and clamor. 

I don't see why it couldn't be hosted by someone other than myself granted I lock and open the thread accordingly.

With that being said, I'll host the 5th, and we'll discuss this in greater detail prior to it's conclusion. 

• 2 months later...

Archived