The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

“Well, if you say so.”

So far, Reimu had decided to take the entire thing easily. Unlike Revy, who had seemingly went into a drunken rampage a short while ago before being sober (questionable) again shortly after, Reimu had only drunken around  fifteen glasses of sake so far. Thankfully the sake here was not as potent as the one from Suika’s gourd back on Gensokyo, otherwise she would’ve gotten knocked out at this point.

But eh, where’s the fun when you’re not thrashed enough? Reimu decided that she would need to step up her game.

“Alright!

More glasses here!”

When the next wave of sake had arrived, Reimu immediately turned her attention into Revy, smiling sheepishly.

“Hey, you can still get going, no?

It won’t be fun if we stop now already, ya know?”

She then turned away to the bartender.

“And youuu, sorry if the bar got wrecked next morning, okay~?”

Probably Reimu was not entirely sober after all.

“Stupid narrator, who the hell cares anyway?”

Reimu drank her next mug, and another, but after that one, it was clear that Reimu had lost her soberness.

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, let’s *hic* sing a soooooooooooooooooooooong, Revyyyyyy~

Where’s the stage anyway?”

Limping, Reimu climbed the bar’s table and picked up a random bottle and used it as a microphone, acting as if she was a rock star or something.

“Herro every bodeeh, this is Raymooo, and nooow, this is time to siiing~

My bonnie lies over the oceaaaaaaan *hic*

My doggie lies over the seaaaaaaaaa *hic*

My Johnny  lies under the oceeaaaan

Bring back my cookies to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ *hic*

Briiiing baaaack

Briing baaack

Oh bring back my cooties to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Briiiing baaaack

Briing baaack

Oh bring back my booties to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~”

When she was done singing, she struck up a pose, before attempting to jump forward, just like how rock stars usually jump into their fans.

Safe to say, it didn’t end well.

“…Ouch.

Probably shouldn't have underestimated the sake here.”

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revy

Revy was giggling gleefully as she watched Reimu partake in her antics.  When Reimu tumbled off stage, Revy nearly burst out into tears laughing.  Getting up from her chair, she stumbled over to help Reimu, only to fail, and fall over on top of Reimu, still giggling.  "What'dya think you're doin' Reimu?  You're gonna--you're gonna--wait why are we down here?"  Revy began cracking up again.  Clearly she was having a great time since. . . well, since she had arrived.  Her temper was down, she was laughing and smiling, and she didn't even have to shoot first, though it came close to that.  "Reimu.  Psssssssssssssssssssssssst.  Reimu.  You gots a boyfriend?" she teased, playing with Reimu's hair.  Revy finally managed to sit up, picking up the much smaller Reimu and sitting her down squarely in front of Revy.  "Now you lishten of to me--*HICCUP*--young lady.  You don't let--you don't le-le-let no MAN," she said sloshing sake around in her flask that she suddenly pulled from her cleavage.  "You dun let no MAN tell you what you can or can't DO.  'Cause you're a WOMAN.  A REAL.  ADORABLE.  LITTLE WOMAN." She said reaching to pat Reimu's head, but falling over into Reimu's lap.  She looked up into Reimu's face, with a firm finger, stroking the girl's cheek.  "Ya under--*HICCUP*--ya understand?  Okay.  GOOD.  I'm gonna go visit that place where people go when their eyes close and they make shit up."

Revy pretended to pass out in Reimu's lap, still giggling.  Not realizing, she was still talking.  "Who the hell do I think I am?  Telling this chick what to DO.  Thish ish inshane.  Pfffffffffffffft."

Ophelia, Location Unknown

"The transfer took a little longer than expected..."

From the asteroid, a gigantic tower suddenly came into view. This version of the Tower was far more tremendous and advanced than the the one the others had had to face at the Rejected World, equipped with various amounts of weaponry and several sections differing in compositions of metal. It was extraordinary, and without a doubt, this was the very machine that had previously rebuilt the Sphere Forest of the Periphery and lain out the trap for everyone else to fall into. It was an interdimensional spaceship which was able to travel across the multiverse even now, which it achieved by obeying all the calculations Ophelia had programmed it with, and thereby moving through the least-affected sections of universes. It was a rather complex method, but it worked nevertheless. To have merely constructed such a magnificent vessel must've taken years. Once it reached its destination, it stopped, and a hatch opened up to reveal the familiar Reyvateil with silver hair and cybernetic arms.

"Perhaps you were right about a few of your warnings." She admitted as she stepped out, her SH AmuletSphere floating close behind her, though it was currently charging up energy in preparation for later. "With the loss of Uchiha Madara and the strange phenomenon that transformed him into 'The Madara', our plan was nearly derailed. However, Rei sent me a notification earlier, confirming that in the end, Protheus Maximus successfully obtained the Key of Origin. I have now programmed the Tower to set a course for our final destination, where you and I will meet up with the new Divine and provide the necessary amount of support in order to hold back any potential threat."

The Reyvateil lightly gestured towards the opening that led into the Tower, which was totally hollow and lacked any gravity on the inside, before pausing for a moment, as if in thought. She understood that she should simply let it be and advance onwards, but somehow, on a whim, she spoke again in a melancholic manner, almost as if this was the last time they were going to see each other.

"I know that I am asking a lot for you to proceed onwards from this point, but know this - we are birds of a feather. Both of us are empty. For you and I... Our pasts are irrelevant, as are our present and our futures. We're empty beings. Truly, all that ever mattered to us are the ideals we strove to uphold. That is why I chose you, and why I chose Madara. Not only because you know how to grasp your dreams and get results, but also because a world you create...is surely beautiful."

Closing her eyes, Ophelia turned around before beginning to walk away, entering the Tower.

"So then, before we go, I will say this much... It has been an honour working with you, Sykes Huegares of the Dephicana."

~ ~ ~

Arthuria, the Aeon Spaceship
(several hours ago)

"I understand the situation, Vice-Admiral Roosevelt. I'm afraid that right now, I have little that I can offer in the way of thanks, but as fellow men who have had to lead countries, I, King Arthur, truly appreciate your assistance from the bottom of my heart." The Counter Guardian said with a light, understanding nod. "The destination that we'll need to be taken to will be slightly different from what you might be expecting, but if what I understand about your Numeron Drive is correct, then your Aeon should be able to make the journey without any real inconveniences. Afterwards, you are free to do as you will. I will try my best to keep the Counter Corps under control. Most of them are have been through hell and are mature enough to not stir up any trouble, although..."

Her mind flashed to a few members in particular.

"Well, once again, your assistance is appreciated."

Then she got up from her seat and did a respectful bow before leaving the room, presumably in order to establish a network from their current location and recruit more members before they headed off.

(present time)

Once the former 'King' had finished recruiting as many as she could, along with overviewing the few members that had come from either the Divine or from Ophelia's summonings, she went off and separated herself from the others by going down to the observation deck. The area was spacious enough, but quite stark overall, with a magnetized floor that allowed the various couches to be moved around.

She needed some time to think and contemplate on everything that was happening, and so sat down on one of the couches, closing her eyes in thought.

Kishi Ou no Hokori ~ The Pride of the King of Knights

Even though she was cut off from the Throne of Heroes, that didn't mean that she was totally powerless - after all, the knight called Arturia, even though she'd abandoned her duty as king and gave it to someone else, had been elevated towards such a regarded state for one sole reason. 

At the Battle of Camlann, her son Mordred had dealt a fatal blow, leaving her to slowly die. Though the battle ended with her victory, at what cost was it? The damage had been done. Her kingdom was in ruins, and in their attempts to uphold the ideal of peace and unity, they drove countless young men to fight to their deaths. No... Rather, she could not possibly understand them, since she tried to hard to become King Arthur. To become the perfect king that anyone and everyone would respect. By continually pursuing her ideals and never showing emotion, how many knights questioned her humanity? How many left the Round Table?

And so she made a contract with the World - there was an artifact known as the Holy Grail which could grant wishes, and she hoped to obtain it so that she could change the fate of Britain. She would let someone else become king in her steed, for what they needed was not a perfect king, but a human king. Hence, Arturia was brought forth over two thousand years into the future in order to fight for such a device, alongside a magus of the time. The first time ended in failure, her Master betraying her at the very last second by commanding her to destroy it. But the second time, she was unwilling to let that happen again and betrayed Shirou Emiya befoe he could anything of the sort as well.

Hence, she obtained the Holy Grail and had her wish granted...but she had made a fatal mistake, for it was corrupted by a godlike monster called "Angra Mainyu - All The Evils of the World", an entity brought about by a prior wish that shouldn't have been granted. When she betrayed her Master up until that point and had her wish granted, returning to the past that was Camelot, hoping to save Britan from its ultimate fate, it followed and brought an unintended destruction. At first, its presence was barely noticeable, but when it corrupted the man whom had become king in her place, an unimaginably horrible reign of terror resulted from it. She realized her mistake, and understood that her only chance to fix it was to take up arms again.

Ultimately, she engaged the god that embodied all evil in direct combat and, after a long and hard battle, defeated it.

There was no holy sword to aid her. No Lady of the Lake handed her a weapon, and neither could she pull out the sword in the stone anymore. It was an impossible, unlikely feat, and yet against all those odds she prevailed against the one thing humanity was guaranteed unable to prevail over - evil itself.

...But at what cost?

"Arturia, Ivankov and I have decided to stay with the ship." A man said, approaching her. It was Frankram, formerly a member of the Divine, and he was with Ivankov. At their presence, she cleared her mind and stood up, though she noticeably felt uncomfortable at the gaze of the former.

"Indeed. The medical team on this ship is, for lack of a better word, pathetic. My skills will be of much better use aiding the crew due to the numerous injuries obtained in transit, as well as our comrades who were injured in the battle."

"And, I need to stay to keep an eye on Takuto. He was taken from my world by Isamy, and his absence has caused a grave imbalance in my world. And as the only member of staff on this ship, I am responsible for him. Which is why, in our place, Hapshiel has agreed on fighting for the Counter Corps. He's... well, you've seen what he's like. I'm sure it'll be safest for all of us if he's fighting on the battlefield rather than guarding the ship."

"I understand. I appreciate your efforts, especially since if any unfortunate incident occurs, we may very well be kicked out of the Aeon Spaceship. So that's why, please do your best to keep Hapshiel under wraps." Arturia replied with a nod.

Not too long afterwards, a young girl approached (Tenco), one who must've been summoned by Ophelia judging by her ignorance, asking about what was currently happening.

"Pardon me, milady. I ended up on this ship by accident, and noticed that many people here were seemingly preparing for combat. May I ask about what is going on here?”

Arturia's eyebrow twitched a little when she was referred to as 'milady', but she did respect how the girl was trying to be polite.

"I'll explain it in a little while, along with the other new members I've brought in." The female knight responded kindly. "For now, just know that there's a war going on. An Origin War being waged for the Door of Origin, which - if opened - can rewrite all of reality. We're the Counter Corps, and we're trying to stop that from happening."

Afterwards, she turned around, before touching her forehead with her left hand.

There was no signal to announce the final battle that would be awaiting them. Nothing overly grandiose. Just a simple telepathic message that was broadcasted towards everyone currently in the spaceship. In the time to come, they couldn't afford to waste any needless energy, for when the multiverse was at stake, one had to keep on fighting.

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there, she told them firmly. Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

~ ~ ~

Whirlpool of Fate ~ Unmei no Uzu 運命の渦

Protheus Maximus, Aeon Spaceship

Protheus Maximus, formerly known as Viligance. He was frowning as his eyes were fixated upon Sayer, floating upside-down with his arms crossed as he did so.

"Logically, for all the trouble that you have caused me in Detroit, I should just kick you out." The dark sorcerer flat-out declared, with a cold look on his face. "However, if my suspicions are correct, then 'that girl' with power over the Orichalcos might be involved - Atsuko Fudo, the one who succeeded your daughter. In which case, you will be the only one capable of penetrating through her dense barrier. Therefore, I will allow your presence... For now, anyway."

It was not so much a statement as it was a clear warning. If Sayer stepped out of line, even if just a little bit, then he would cease to be considered as an ally by the rest. Having had prior personal experience with the man, Protheus had every reason not to trust the ancient Atlantean. The entire incident with the Orichalcos was an improbable, unprecedented event that happened anyway for whatever reason, nearly causing the creation of an almighty Orichalcos Army that could sail across the stars and invade other universes...and the original source for it all was him. Ultimately, he was the one responsible for the creation of Archetype Earth. That alone was reason enough not to trust him, and keeping him around was itself a risk. Nonetheless, Sayer didn't quite possess the same level of power as Archetype Earth, so while he was a threat, he was also disposable if necessary. As were the others, most notably Sephiroth.

Though there were also members that didn't appear to show much sign of doing against what they were told. Ragnarok and Radamanthys for one, though they both had the power. Tenshi seemed too bloodthirsty to care, whereas the Rahkshi couldn't even really speak. Then, of course, there was Chardonnay, the seer whom he had brought along solely so that he would be able to gloat at her when the moment comes.

Turning around, Protheus floated back upwards until he was near the ceiling of the Hollow Asteroid. Notably, one of the Divine members had used some kind of substance in order to create something resembling a resort. It bothered him, but he decided to allow it as well.

All of a sudden, the asteroid began to shake, as if beginning to enter a much more rigorous area. Powerful tremors coursed through the ground and walls, threatening to throw anyone who wasn't strong enough off-balance. Then, just as abruptly as it began, it stopped.

"...Well, looks like we've now entered the necessary isospace. From here, our destination is close." Saying thus, he turned to face all the warriors of the Divine below him. Seeing the resort again, it didn't seem to create the correct atmosphere anymore, and so he clicked his fingers - responding instantly, a force of anti-magic flowed through the walls of the Hollow Asteroid and apparently appeared to cancel out the illusion, forcing the Black Blood to retreat. Once again, the area became grey and morbid. Yes, this was much better.

"Now then, if everyone is ready, I believe that an explanation is in order..."

Ed and Elsa

A wealth of emotions nearly overcame Ed, but Elsa's presence helped keep them in check and Kenpachi having Richard in a headlock helped lighten Ed's mood. He saw Kenpachi reach for his eyepatch which snapped out Ed out of the rest stupor because he kinda wanted to see an eyepatchless Kenpachi since he first met him, but he ultimately pulled his hand away. Yachiru was quickly mesmerized by Elsa's beauty. Kratos quickly shot that idea down by tripping her. Elsa flashed a smile in thanks in his direction. She really did like kids, but sometimes they can be quite rambunctious.  Kratos's handshake was strong, but not nearly as strong as the bearhug Ed received. "S-Soul Reaper? Is that what I am now?" Ed said after recovering from the bearhug. "And yeah, I know Kratos. I met him after we finished the Desert Seth. And this." Ed motioned with his hand. "Is Elsa."

Elsa gave short little royal bow that was the result of lots of practice. "Pleased to meet you. Ed has told me so much about you." Ed shot her look that said "I literally only you about them a minute ago." She responded with an eyeroll and a smirk that said "Shut up."

Kenpachi and Yachiru withdrew along with Richard to converse, leaving just them and Kratos. He sat down and started talking like an old man about his wife and himself. A jolt of shock shot through both of their bodies.

"Wife?!"

In synchronized fashion, they both quickly turned their heads to look each other in the eyes then looked down and saw their intertwined fingers and hands, much to their horror. They both pulled away their hands. Elsa brought her hand up to her chest in an exaggerated offended fashion and Ed's went behind his back. "...I'll uh...I'll just um...leave...I-I'll leave."

Elsa spun on her heel, her cape spinning magnificently behind her, and walked out. Ed felt lightheaded just watching her exit, all the while Kratos was just daydreaming. He reached for a chair for support, but missed the first time, causing him to stumble, and took a moment to catch his breath and calm down. He slowly raised his head, a horrified expression slowly crossing his face as he released his grip on the chair. "Did I just swoon at Elsa's exit...well, it was a hella fine exit. And so was she."

Ed sat down across from Kratos, thinking about Elsa, then snapping himself out of that, then thinking about her again, creating a vicious cycle of mentally swooning and slapping oneself over and over.

The Then

As Judai bounced back from his off sided beating from the old man he made a motion with his wand and it looked like he was about to charge up some kind of lightning based attack. But before he could launch such an attack he noticed that one of the other tea guest decided to step forward. It was the by far the clearly youngest member. I think I should be the one to fight Dorian said. In a little while it will be a shift change to watch over Radamanthys. There is no need to expend energy before that time. The young specter stepped forward towards Judai. Judai was a tad relieved. This kid was severely weaker than the two bald men so he shouldn't have a problem dealing with him. 

HAHAHA! You want to step up kid. Fine then! Let's hope you're actually strong. A massive bolt of purple lightning shot down from behind Judai and came straight at Dorian. Gyouken realized that Judai should be infinitely stronger than he regular being this close to something emitting black Rukh. But why did this young lad not seem stressed at all. As the lightning struck down at its target Judai snickered as he felt he ended that fight pretty quick. That was until he sensed the presence of aggression coming from behind him. Dorian had easily dodged that over powered attack and got behind Judai. Dorian made a kick to the dark haired man's face but once again that peculiar barrier came out of nowhere and defended him. This time it was powerful enough to push Dorian back.  Judai then started ordering the Rukh to blast Dorian with a neverending barrage of lasers. Dorian simply found himself running around doing evasive maneuvers. But this was simply another form of experimentation for Dorian. Dorian couldn't help but notice the subtle body movements from when he was getting ready to attack verse his total lack of preparation for defense. Yet it seemed that this man's defenses were more effective. After some seconds of thinking it over the fight somewhat reminded him of Nasu Veronica...That's it! He said out loud by accident. Dorian did though come up with a very interesting theory on Judai's power. 

"That's it...That's it..."what did this little man child think he had accomplished. Judai wondered in anger. Clearly the magi was being underestimated. Which honestly is a new experience for him. Where he comes from, Judai is understood to be top tier since he is a Magi. These people forcing humility down his throat is not something he was looking for. You think you've figured out something! I guess I'll take you seriously then. See the true terror of the black Rukh. Judai started to power up and with that the Black Rukh surrounding him became more and more visible. Dorian couldn't hide his shock at what was happening mainly because not to far away from him Butler was watching these creatures just come from his body. HAHAHA This is the end! Judai twirled his wand and shot countless shards of ice at Dorian trying to finish the battle. As the shards were coming for Dorian he snickered and simply waved his hand. At that moment the immense ice barrage that was coming at him shattered. Judai was shocked but he didn't have time as Dorian fired purple flames directly at that magi. This time Judai activated the borg himself but was dismayed when the borg was destroyed. Not giving him anytime to recover Dorian burn fingered Judai's heart. 

Gyouken looked on in some kind of horror until she notice a strange black figure seemingly appear out of nowhere and stick his hand into Judai's chest. Ragnarok clearly wanted another soul to feed on. This looks good the floating weapon said as he chomped down. Butler closed his eyes as he felt this new surge of power, but what even dazzled him more was that he could see his inner world filled with Black Rukh. They weren't threatening or anything. They were just copious. And to think that he went so long without being able to see this.  Gyouken realized this new event and instead of looking at it as a tragedy she saw it more of an opportunity.

The Now.

The group easily felt tremors and shake but what was truly annoying was the waves of antimagic that undid the Ars Magna. So rude. He could've simply asked. But as the inner world of Butlerok was dealt with standing waiting for this "explanation." Was the new Team Dorian. Radamanthys had finally went out of his berserk state in terms of handling the Divine Blood of Hades. He was still a little quite trying to get the kinks out of this power mentally, but it was more than enough to manage. It was then that he noticed there was female member on the crew. Gyouken decided to hitch herself to these group villains for a litany of reasons. But it could all easily be summed up by the fact that it is clearly the will of the Black. Dorian was pretty happy that he was able to be surrounded by a bunch of obviously strong beings. Hopefully this will be the final leg of the journey and maybe he will figure out what's wrong with his mind that he doesn't want to remember.

Kratos

Snapping out of his own thoughts, he watched as Elsa drifted away.  Ed reached for a chair, stumbling, but finally found a seat.  Any man with a brain could understand this situation.  The boy had fallen head over heels for Elsa in a matter of minutes.  Kratos smiled, standing to his feet.  In that same instance, Arthuria called for the Counter Corps to meet in the Observation Deck.  Brushing by Ed, he placed a firm hand on his comrades shoulder, and hushed a "good luck" to him, and his escapade to sweep Elsa off of her feet.  He strolled past the Lounge, a heavy scent of alcohol in the air, and drunken laughter bellowing from within.  Popping his head inside for just a moment, Kratos found himself slightly annoyed at what he saw.  Two drunken Counter Corps members, giggling at nothing, even at a dire situation.  His annoyance quickly died as he understood how one could need this sort of "relief" at this time.  Without hesitation, he stepped in and picked up Revy from Reimu's lap, excusing himself as he carried her to the Observation Deck.

Revy & Kratos

Suddenly she was lifted high into the air.  "What's--huh?  I'm fly--I'm flying!" she squealed like a child.  She began waving at Reimu.  "Bye-byeeeeeeeeeeee drinking buddyyyyyyyyy~" and she spread her arms wide as though she was an airplane.  Bumping into corners with her arms, she withdrew them.  "I've been hit!" she proclaimed to Kratos.

Kratos looked over his shoulder, sighing.  "Be silent."

Recognizing his voice, Revy spoke up.  "Baldy?  Baldy is that you!?  Did you come to take me away!?  If it's true. . . you should probably know. . . you'll never take me alive!"  She began to squirm, kicking her legs, waving her arms, and flailing about, but it was no use.  Kratos' grip only tightened, as he shook his head.  "You're really pathetic.  And I still don't know your name," Kratos said as they approached the Observation Deck.  Finally standing Revy upright, Kratos found a different flask on her person, filled with water instead of sake.  "It's Revy, dude!  Everybody knows me!"  He shoved it into her mouth, and she began to gulp at it furiously.  "Good enough.  Now straighten up, we're about to begin the hard part."  Taking the flask down, Revy wiped her mouth.  "That wasn't half bad," she muttered to herself.  "Oh, uh, thanks?" she said as she suddenly turned away from Kratos, her face flooding with red.

"Oh God.  I just got 'rescued' by this guy," she finally thought, clearly.  "Ugh.  What's he gonna want?"

"You owe me nothing," Kratos said as he stepped inside ahead of Revy, almost reading her thoughts.

"Hmph."

Killua

As Arthuria's cry rang true, Killua spoke quickly.  "Gon, I have an idea.  If I focus my Thunderbolt, I can pinpoint their muscles through the ice, and keep them massaged and lively so they don't freeze to death in this, uh. .  .furry popsicle!  And you can break the ice!"  Killua waited patiently for a reaction from the others in the room, staring down at the icy Lombaxes.  Their fur had begun to sweat.  Hypothermia would set in soon if they didn't act quickly.

Kenpachi & Yachiru

Arthuria had pinpointed Kenpachi's location, causing him to stop in his tracks.  "Looks like you'll have to hold that thought, Richard," he said after Arthuria had finished.  Kratos walked in just moments later, a rough looking female bandit at his side.  The plum haired woman returned, looking worse for wear.  She straightened herself up, pulled back her hair a bit, and cracked her knuckles, as she and Kratos approached the trio.  "And now?"

"We wait."

Sesshomaru <And With Strange Aeons>

In thanks to Kagome's influence on his world, Sesshomaru had known what the man named "Tsukasa" had been doing; he was taking photograph with a device named a "camera". When the photo was taken he had given the man a light smile, well, what Sesshomaru had considered a light smile anyway. Yet another man had then walked into their slowly growing group, this one hadn't introduced himself at all before asking question about a girl. When he said young, he glanced at Kairi, who might not have been young in human years but was certainly younger than Sesshomaru; the man's ongoing description had made Sesshomaru turn his glance back to him. "I've not seen, nor heard of, any young woman by that name; perhaps I would be inclined to help someone who's own name I knew." Sesshomaru was quick to point out the man's rudeness in not introducing himself. 

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there, she told them firmly. Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

He had heard the message within his head, and imagined that the others must have heard it as well, his time with the two Counter Corps members was cut short. "We should depart." Sesshomaru announced, dropping the issue easily, he walked off but not before giving Tsukasa a respectable nod. He inhaled the air within the ship until he found the scent of Arhturia and followed it to the observation deck, he gave her a nod before examining the other members of the Counter Corps that had gathered. After taking in the room, he had moved to a place on the right side of the room and awaited further instruction.

Sephiroth <Hollowed Asteroid>

The room had been returned to the appearance it once held, the One-Winged Angel no longer had to project his own power to dispel the illusion from his corner of the hollowed asteroid. Protheus then made his announcement, but Sephiroth hadn't turned toward him; he was listening, yes, but his body seemed almost frozen, out of time in a manner of speaking. Was there really some strange time magic constricting Sephirtoh? No, absolutely not, but it did seem that way. 

<Sykes Huegares, Location Unknown>

Attention, it had all fallen down to a matter of attention, for had Ophelia been given a moments more to observe Sykes, she would have deduced what was going to befall her. Sykes sheathed his sword, but the blade itself hadn't gone into its resting place; the blade had shattered through Ophelia's SH AmuletSphere and through her back in chest. The blade had remained, holding Ophelia up sot that Sykes might properly address her; a harsh dest cloud had blown between them just before anything had been said. 

"Musical Accompaniment"

"Your statement was incorrect." He announced. "Madara was merely a foolish human being who could not comprehend what a true perfect world is, nor what a true perfect world could become. Everyone living with no quarrels and no differences, nonsense, pure and utter nonsense spouted from the mouth of a man to dead to understand. The only true path to a world that is remotely fair, or perfect, is to allow all to live as they choose to; interfering when something goes against the desires of a ruler. Yes, a monarchy, that is truly what all of the multiverse deserves; a ruler with an excellent sense that will oversee all and make decisions for those who are too weak minded or strong hearted to make decisions for themselves. A ruler that has the experience one could only gain from being the most powerful force within his own world at any one time; a ruler that can only be myself." The asteroid kept flying through space, still providing them a platform for the final act that was their alliance. He stood there for but a few moments, he knew she couldn't speak nor act at this time, and yet he behaved as if she could.

"And now you come to this place, suggesting that I fight with the Divine? If I had wanted an audience when I took control of the multiverse I would have joined them from the start; I have no need for any of those people, nor for the Counter Corps, the only thing they are allowed to do is live in my new multiverse. A meeting with the Divine is no longer preventable as they now have the key that I need to make my new multiverse. Everything we've done on and in the Sphere Forest has been a waste of my time and you are the cause of that waste. Time is a valuable resource, even if I will soon have the power to make my time infinite, and yours is ending as I speak the last worlds you'll ever hear." Sykes spoke with indifference, he felt nothing wrong with the act he had committed, and most likely never would.

My past isn't relevant, this is true, but my present is filled with the thoughts of my future; my future being filled with the only thing that's ever mattered, honor and justice. Honor is not empty, justice is not empty; you, however, are empty, just as you've admitted." He started walking slowly toward her, a curious black substance now pouring from her chest cavity. "Speaking so heavily on honor and justice right after dealing such a blow to you doesn't sit well in the air you might think, but it's actually the opposite." He was now in front of her and lifted her face to stare into her eyes. "You have no will of your own, nor do you have any desires, you are simply doing as you're told; task mastering for a figure who could care less if you existed. You are an instrument, a tool, only suited for the purpose of being used by someone else." Sykes let her face fall, continuing to walk past her after doing so; the blade then disappeared from her body, dropping Ophelia to her knees. "No, letting someo-, something such as you exist would not be honorable, nor would it be justifiable." Sykes preached, boarding Ophelia's spaceship and allowing the door to close behind him. "You were only truly right about once aspect, any world I create will be truly beautiful." He did not look back as he spoke this last sentence.

Ophelia, Location Unknown

"I am not necessarily surprised." She admitted as the doors to her Tower closed, while frozen, kneeling in place with a hole through both her chest and metal sphere.

She did not even have the slightest hint of annoyance in her tone. Rather, it was dull, and from her expression she seemed almost bored.

While the damage to her Install Port was such that her body had been paralyzed, she forced it to process enough data for her to speak. Not only that, but the damage inflicted onto her SH Amulet Sphere was beyond repair. Therefore, as the SH Server slowly dwindled away, her form - which couldn't be sustained without it - was slowly disappearing. Billions of light-years away from the closest sign of technological civilization that could possibly offer some aid, Ophelia had been left to perish on this solitary space rock, without even a single lifeform to accompany her. No wonder Sykes had chosen this location. It was the perfect place of isolation from the outside.

Although... Could she honestly say that she hadn't expected such a thing would occur? Somewhere, deep down, she must have known. Did she deliberately let it so that there would be an opening for him, or had she believed it had been impossible from the very beginning? The Reyvateil closed her eyes as she left her former ally with these parting words, right before the doors shut tight.

"But even now, Sykes, I do not regret my decision. To me, you were the perfect choice."

That was correct. Even now, her faith in him hadn't shattered - it was true that this was a betrayal of her plans, but the reason for her choosing him remained the same. Out of all the billions and billions of potential warriors in the multiverse, she singled him out. And it was precisely due to that reason that this event had been bound to happen at some point. It was difficult to describe, but to put it simply, it was like running a program whilst fully knowing the potentially-severe consequences that would happen.

If its sole function was to 'delete other programs', how could one blame it if it only did precisely what was expected of it?

Truly, as her body gave way and she collapsed onto the ground, her legs having already dissolved, Ophelia knew all too well that she should've stayed away - but she couldn't. Even though her only command had been to secure the Key of Origin, and even though she was physically incapable of following Protheus Maximus towards his destination, she still wanted to try and protect him. Hence why Sykes had been required, for he'd be able to take her through. Even if it ended in total failure, it had still been a risk worth taking, because that was her own function. There was no such thing as a program that refused to execute its function - there were only 'errors' that stood in their way of doing so.

Sykes. Madara. Ophelia. The three of them were of the same nature, each of their ideals being hollow, but the truth was that none of them could possibly hope to understand the other.

Ophelia, former member of the Cipher-Pol Aigis Zero, hoped to change the state of things by entrusting her entire existence to the only man who was capable of doing so. Even if he was selfish and whimsical, always causing random destruction, she had followed this hollow ideal to the very end.

Madara, former head of the Uchiha Clan, hoped to change the state of things by searching for a way to create and achieve a 'perfect world' for everyone. Even if such a thing was only even remotely possible in dreams,  and even if that would make it fake, he had followed this hollow ideal to the very end.

As for Sykes, former part of the Dephicana, he hoped to change the state of things - but not by depending on a higher power, nor by hoping to find a perfect solution for everything - but by following exactly what he believed in. Despite all the holes in his belief about justice, he too would follow this hollow ideal to the very end.

What constituted a hollow ideal was not the ideal itself, but of the person enacting it. No, when someone has absolutely no basis to be doing what they do, to be believing what they believe in, that is when it becomes a hollow ideal. If a person saves the world from destruction, not because they don't want anyone to die but because they've been taught that 'this is the proper thing to do', can they really be called a hero?

This is...the end.

Nevertheless, it didn't matter. All this contemplation was only serving to make her fade away even longer.

She would no longer be there to see the end.

Reaching out an arm towards the millions of bright stars in the galaxy, she couldn't help but allow herself one last thought, smiling as she did so - to be honest, that Old Man of the Sea... From the beginning, I never expected him to succeed.

And with that, the existence known as Ophelia... No.

The existence of the girl who was - once upon a time - known as Nico Robin finally unraveled.

Takuto/Ginga Bishounen ~ And With Strange Aeons

"I've not seen, nor heard of, any young woman by that name"

His heart sank when he heard Sesshomaru said this. "Darn...and I would've thought she would've been here." he sighed, before hearing the next few words that Sesshomaru had uttered:

"Perhaps I would be inclined to help someone who's own name I knew."

A moment of silence occurred. In his time of asking about Wako, Takuto had completely forgotten to introduce himself. "Oh I'm sorry! Takuto Tsunashi! Also called the Ginga Bishounen, but I'll show off why I'm called that later!" he smiled with a thumbs up motion going on.

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there. Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

"Sounds like a real pinch...not a problem for me!" Takuto smiled as he slammed his fist onto his chest with a smile, before heading off to the observation deck.

Tsukasa/Decade ~ And With Strange Aeons

Tsukasa had noticed Sesshomaru smiling slightly as he took the pictures. One thing he always loved, catching the world through his photos, and this was no exception. These people were from different universes, worlds, timelines...it impressed the Kamen Rider so. He knew that his photos would be undeveloped, pointing it as a sign that this was not his world...but he enjoyed this nonetheless.

"Oh I'm sorry! Takuto Tsunashi! Also called the Ginga Bishounen, but I'll show off why I'm called that later!"

His attention was geared toward the newcomer, as he quickly caught his expression as he spoke in a picture, making sure to catch the aspect of the young man. He smiled as he stopped taking pictures, as Arthuria spoke:

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there. Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

"I get the gist of the situation...may as well go." Tsukasa said, as he glanced over at Sora once again, before heading off as well. And this time...I will make sure you survive...

Nero ~ And With Strange Aeons

"We should depart."

"Sounds like a real pinch...not a problem for me!"

"I get the gist of the situation...may as well go."

Nero didn't know much about what was going on...especially with who was speaking to them now. He couldn't remember on that Emiya had been long gone for now...as his memory wasn't quite clear now. Nevertheless, the Keyblade War hero did his best to comply, as he followed the rest of the group.

===

The Aeon

Arturia’s eyebrow twitched. Did she accidentally offend her?

But, much to Tenco’s relief, instead of lashing at her, Arturia immediately responded to her question kindly instead.

"I'll explain it in a little while, along with the other new members I've brought in.

For now, just know that there's a war going on. An Origin War being waged for the Door of Origin, which - if opened - can rewrite all of reality. We're the Counter Corps, and we're trying to stop that from happening."

….

Rewriting…reality?

Was that the entire thing that Tenshi and Yukari pursued? Tenco thought.

She was immediately reminded about what Tenshi said to her and Reimu before leaving back then, about how she would recreate a world.

She thought that Tenshi would use a more mundane method to achieve that, but actually wanting to rewrite reality itself…

What kind of goal that she had in her mind to resort to that option?

Well, for Yukari's case, she still believed that she would just use it to fix the entire mess that she had created, but as for Tenshi…she was not even sure about what kind of world would she create with that power.

But maybe, it actually was not her that desired that power. She probably was just possessed by something, Tenco thought. Just like what Reimu assumed. And thus, that would mean that she’s innocent, and she must try her best to save her.

Tenco realized that it was definitely an almost baseless assumption, but she was fully intent on believing that, as she had nothing else to believe upon anymore. Deluding herself, probably. But she didn’t care.

In her mind now, she completely rejected any thoughts of possibility for Tenshi being anything other than an innocent. She completely refused to accept the possibility that she might have been deceived once again.

But why did she get concerned about this particular girl despite not knowing much about her? She couldn’t answer that yet, and she immediately pushed that thought as far away as possible.

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there.

Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

Her internal conflict was cut abruptly when Arturia broadcasted a message via some sort of telepathy, signifying that it was too late for Tenco to back down now from this entire mess. Not that she’d do that, especially with a new goal in her mind.

“I have someone to save now.

I will definitely not going to back down.”

Origin War, the Key, Protheus, Counter Corps, The Door of Origin.

All those things didn’t mean anything to her.

In her mind, her only goal at this point was to return Tenshi to her former self, in any way possible.

===

Counter Corps. Once you are ready, come down to the observation deck. If need be, simply ask directions on how to get down there.

Protheus Maximus is in control of the Key, and there is no doubt that he plans on using it to open the Door of Origin. Thus, the stakes are higher than ever before. If we fail now, everything you have come to recognize as 'reality' will be lost... We leave in ten minutes.

Kazuya heard Arturia’s voice inside his head just as he finished charging his COMP’s battery.

“It is time, huh?

Alright, I think I’m ready now.”

Only carrying his COMP and manual charger with him, he left his room towards the observation deck, asking for directions to that place along the way.

===

Reimu’s impact with the floor was somehow able to somewhat clear her mind from her drunkenness, at least enough for her to immediately drink a glass of water as soon as she could stand up. Though, moments later, a bald guy with body paint picked Revy up. Poor girl, hopefully she’d be sober enough when the battle started, Reimu thought.

Arturia’s message could be heard echoing inside of her head. Without having any ideas about where the hell the Observation deck was, Reimu decided that the first thing that she needed to do was to go to the restroom to cleanse herself from the alcohol residue inside, and later on, she’d just rely on her intuition to guide her towards the meeting place.

===

The Hollow Asteroid

Just as Tenshi managed to create a qi-based body double of her that she could move around freely like a puppet, an anti-magic wave ruined her concentration, and somehow removing the entirety of the hot spring resort, thus leaving her naked in the middle of the gray and barren asteroid. While she didn’t mind it that much, it still felt quite uncomfortable for her.

One minute later, after properly donning her outfit while grumbling about whoever screwed up with the hot spring, Tenshi was finally ready. Just in time for an explanation from her apparent new boss too. Speaking of that guy, she still liked Isamy far more than him, though that probably since she could see a lot of herself on Isamy, and not to mention that she had saved her life.

This new guy though…he felt like a complete alien to her. Not that she’d mind much about him anyway, as while he’s her apparent new boss, it didn’t mean that she’d do anything he damn pleased. She had her own goal, one that she had sacrificed a lot to reach. If she must do anything that would make her lose her chance, she’d change allegiance immediately.

No way would she just give that goal up just for this random guy’s ambitions, whatever that was.  

===

It was kind of odd, really. The completely impenetrable defense of Koishi’s mind.

Yukari had tried times after time to pierce it somehow, but none of her efforts worked so far.

Her own power was useless against the barrier, and not even the power of narration could go past that. Yukari even started to doubt that there was anything behind it at one point.

“Hello haggy~

What’chu doin’?”

….

Darn it.

It was hard enough already without Koishi noticing her, but this’d make it entirely impossible.

I probably should try to think about a way in instead of using brute force to force my way in, since it seems to not be working in my favor at all.

“Oh hey, the hotspring’s gone.

Wonder where it went..?”

Yukari, deeply consumed with her own thought, didn’t even notice that the hotspring was completely gone now, and they had returned to the grim and uninteresting proper interior of the asteroid. She only noticed that when Koishi told her that directly.

It took her several more seconds to realize what that had also implied regarding of their current condition.

Uhh..Koishi?

“Yes, ma’am?”

Please put your clothes on.

===

Chandra

With the call having come to assemble, the fire mage woke up. As she wandered down, a quick check of her mana levels let her know that nearly all the mana she'd spent in the previous fights had replenished, allowing her to go into the next fight at her best. Wandering through the passages, she ended up having to ask directions from a nearby crewman, before finally finding her way into the Observation Hall, one of the last to arrive it seemed.

Ayame

Having been called up at last, Ayame walked back in the direction of the observation hall she'd seen earlier, finding her way in as most of the others arrived. As the full force of the Counter Corps came together, Ayame merely stood to the side, looking around as she waited to see what would happen next.

Darcy

As the hot springs dissolved in a wave of anti-magic, Darcy shifted back to her original clothes, smirking a bit as the other girl who'd made use of them was left completely naked in the middle of the asteroid. As their new leader was finally starting to speak to them, Darcy just settled in place, waiting to see what would happen next.

Protheus Maximus, Hollow Asteroid

As the dark sorcerer had told all the Divine to get ready, one of its members had asked him a question. Ah, it was the dragon from the Dragon Realms, by the name of Red. Compared to various other members of the Divine, he was wasn't exactly sure what to think of the being. Was he a threat? Was he a loyal ally? Nevertheless, Protheus didn't consider it to be very relevant as he turned to face the question.

"Hmm... You said 'desperate', but that's not the most accurate description for me. For an analogy, it's like...well, if my car is about to run out of fuel, I go and find a petrol station. A trivial matter." Protheus explained calmly, holding firmly onto a black, spacial box as he continued to float upside-down. "Unlike some others, like the girl who called me her father, I'm not going to propose anything petulant or radical to the Door, as for all my experience traversing the multiverse, I cannot even begin to imagine another framework for it to work under... No, rather, I'm simply going to change a few things in my future," he glanced back down at the ground for a moment, towards the woman Chardonnay, with an annoyed look, "And perhaps clean up the multiverse of a few, ehem, INFERIOR INSECTS that pollute it. That is, if I may be so bold."

With that, he turned away from Red, as if refusing to say anything more on the matter. There was no guarantee that anything he said was true or false, and without a prior groundwork of faith, it was practically impossible to trust anything that came out of his mouth. When one thinks about it, did he truly have any use for the Divine? While his overall power couldn't have been much greater than Isamy's, his sheer presence was more than enough to make up for that. Who could stand in his way? Even a Counter Guardian would only be barely able to hold his own against such a man. Was he just going to use them as cannon fodder for the Corps? Or did he have any ulterior motives for them?

However, for the same reason that they were all here, none of them had any choice but to follow him. After all, he was the only being who knew the way to the Door, and the only one willing to let them come with him. There was no guarantee that anything he said was true, let alone granting their wishes. Each and every one of them were here solely in promise of being able to share a part of the reality-changing power the Door of Origin possessed.

Yes. It was only due to the very desperation that Red had described that the Divine served him, and this was a fact that, deep down, amused the lost soul that was Protheus Maximus.

How far will it take them, I wonder?

Revy, Kratos, Kenpachi, and Yachiru

"So why are we here again?" she questioned aloud, a sense of irritation in her voice.  She directed her question at no one, but looked directly at Kenpachi, who stared her down, before speaking up.  "Our Counter Guardian is preparing a dramatic speech.  Most likely one that will include details of our enemies, some kind of device we might need to hold onto, and the presence of death," he said calmly.  Revy rolled her neck, and stretched a bit.  "So it's one big party after we get off this ship huh?  And what the hell's a Counter Guardian?  Why should I listen to . . whoever this person is?"

"I don't know her either.  After all, I was dead.  But she's most likely the one who brought you aboard.  Whatever pointless reason that might be." Kenpachi snarked.  Yachiru giggled quietly, as Revy stared back at them.

"Hey!  Watch it, jackass.  I might be a little rough around the edges, but clearly I was brought here because I possess something you lack.  Whether it's battle prowess or carnage.  I'm here to pick up your slack."

"Heh.  I doubt that.  But since we're on the topic, how bout a little challenge?"

"Name it."

"There's probably gonna be a few minions waiting for us when we get off this ship," Kenpachi said stepping forward.  "What's say we keep track of our kills?  Minions are worth a point.  Divine are worth ten."

"Divine?"

"She doesn't know?"

"Clearly.  Think of it like this, lady.  We're the Counter Corps, but there's a faction on the other side, out to destroy our universes or whatever.  These guys?  They ain't you and me.  They're on a whole 'nother level.  If you even live fighting against one of them, I'll give you a bonus of fifty points."

Revy was intrigued now.  "Giving me an advantage because I'm a lady?  I'll make you regret being a gentleman."  Revy stuck out her hand, and Kenpachi leaned down to have Yachiru accept the challenge in his stead, fearing he would crush Revy's hand.  They shook, and Revy smiled viciously.  "Loser has to take a picture of the winner back to their universe and post it somewhere everyone can see."

"Done."

A trembling came at Kenpachi's side, but it quieted quickly.  "Eh?"  He looked down at his Zanpaktou, wondering why it had remained quiet for so long.  "Hmm."  He gave it no further thought.

"I'd like to participate as well."

"What?"  "Huh?"

"I too will keep score of kills."

"We can't all keep score of our own kills.  Scores would be inflated.  We'll need a neutral party."  At that instance, Kenpachi, Kratos, and Revy, all looked up at Yachiru, who had maintained her usual chipper demeanor.  She quickly replied, "Nope!" with a smile.  "Then who?"  Their question would be answered soon enough.  A dark fog enclosed the four of them, and an evil chuckle shook their spines.  Appearing from nowhere, his putrid smell engulfing all of the Observation Deck, he stepped out of the fog, taking a bow.  The four backed into one location, as they watched the figure take shape out of the toxic cloud.

"Might be of assistance?"

"You!"

Kenpachi caught Kratos before he could do anything reckless.

"Surprised to see me again, Kratos?  You didn't tink I was just going away, did ja boy?"

"Kenpachi. . . this--"

"I know.  I can smell the death on him."

"Ah, de soul reaper," Papa Legba said with a sinister smile.  He circled the four, stopping at Revy, sniffing her hair and neck.  She cringed a bit, before drawing her pistol and whipping it at Papa Legba.  To no avail however, the pistol simply phased through him, doing nothing.  He smiled at her, and drew closer.  "You smell wonderful child.  I could use another pretty whore.  It gets lonely in hell, don't cha know?"  Papa's snake like tongue inched from his mouth, and he licked Revy's neck.  Revy froze, in shock for the first time in a long time as it reminded her of the brutalities she had suffered some time ago.   This enraged Kratos, who finally jolted past Kenpachi and stood between Revy and Papa Legba, blades drawn and held at Papa's neck.  "You may be a god, but I won't hesitate to add you to my bounty, old man," Kratos said angrily.  "If you want a whore, go find my mother's soul.  But keep your hands off the living.  Or you'll find me climbing through your nightmares."

Papa laughed at Kratos' threats.  "If you only knew, boy.  But back to de problem at hand," Papa said as he continued to walk back and forth around the four.  "I will keep track of your little game."

"And what do you gain from this?" Kenpachi questioned.

"Oh, noting Kenpachi.  Purely amusement.  I want to see how many souls you send my way."  Papa finally settled in the center of the four, dividing them into Kenpachi and Yachiru and Kraots and Revy.  "Why don't we make tings interesting?  Why don't you play dis as teams?  De soul reapers against de living souls."

Kratos looked to Revy, who was still frozen.  She had grabbed at her head, and he recognized the look on her face.  The horror of the past.  The fear of going through it all again.  "We accept," Kratos said in Revy's place.  Kenpachi nodded in agreement.  No harm in a little fun right?  Papa gave his usual disgusting grin, as he disappeared into smoke again and the fog dispelled.  Revy just about collapsed, and Kratos caught her in his arms.  She was sweating heavily, and there was a chill about her.  Kratos wiped her forehead, and held her, for some reason, close to his chest.  Kenpachi and Yachiru looked on, as Kratos comforted Revy.  

". . .this will all be over soon.  I promise."

|_)Red, the Arisen(_|

Red's beating slowed as he listened to the words of the mad sorcerer, and his rather rude mannerisms as he turned his back on the Elder. However, rather than rage, as he normally would show, Red chuckled to himself. Satisfied with what Protheus said, he dived to the ground, safely landing on the cold dirt as the disgusting Mad Blood was forced back by whatever Protheus had done. Taking a seated position, Red's legs carved through the loose dirt as he took a meditative stance, that small smile still on his maw. "That man is even more untrustworthy than Isamy. But, there is some merit here. "Change the future he says"? So, my theory was correct; he truly is the most desperate out of all of us, if he sees fit to try, and change, his own destiny."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Frankram, & Okama Queen Ivankov(_|

Listening to Arturia carefully, the two gave a curt bow. "The best we can do for Hapshiel is point him in the right direction and hope he doesn't take any Counter Corps on the way. For an angel he can be rather chaotic, though, what frightens me the most is what he's doing right now..." Frankram remarked, giving a worried glance around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|_)The Evangelist Hapshiel(_|

Hapshiel was seductively shaking his hips after a particularly good make-out session with one of the crew's gay member of staff. The fellow was reeling from Hapshiel's love bites that dotted his neck, well, not dotted, they made a rash look healthy really. "<3~Love and Peace~<3" he crooned as he walked through the empty halls.

The Rejected World, 13 Hours Ago:

The shimmering ship glided like a wounded bird towards an opening dock along the spine and near the rear of the much larger vessel, where Foster slowly set her down in the bay, allowing for a trio of technicians to begin looking her over.

"Wow, sir." An engineer remarked as he examined the schematics on his datapad once Foster emerged. "You've sure been through a lot these past few days."

"You don't know the half of it." The Commander groaned, looking exhausted. To be fair, the human had been through a lot, including the crash of the very craft he had just stomped out of in his tired state. "Is there a place on here that a man can catch some Zs?"

"Actually, sir, you have been asked by Vice-Admiral Roosevelt to be debriefed on the bridge."

"Great. Well, I have a few items I need to be done to this big girl, as well as some inventory that needs to be added in. Do this for me before we disembark wherever we are going." Foster opens his own datapad and sends the information to the engineer, whose eyes widen.

"Umm...I'll try to get this stuff to you, sir."

"Thanks a ton." Foster replied, leaving the bay to go find the bridge.

The Bridge, And With Strange Aeons, 13 Hours Ago:

"Aaand, we're in transit." Trixie declared as the ship lurched back into its special inverted space, leaving the Rejected World behind, though the clock refused to display anything. "Huh. That's odd. The countdown isn't functioning." The cyborg pulled up some holographic datalogs, trying to make sense of it. "Umm...Vice-Admiral...we have a problem..."

"Yes, Lieutenant?" The Vice-Admiral wearily requested.

"Remember that initial estimate of that new set of coordinates we got shortly after talking to Arthuria?"

"I do, Lieutenant. Make your point."

"I can't get a fix on them. The system has them logged, but we don't have a set endpoint to them. We have no idea how long we're going to be here, with the Counter Corps inside."

"Then we'll have to make do of it. Get some rest when you can, though. We're probably going to need some before we start trying to find home again."

"I believe I can help you with that, sir." A voice piped up from the entrance to the bridge.

Both the Vice-Admiral and his second-in-command turned to see a fatigued figure in fatigues, saluting them. They saluted back, with Roosevelt cracking open one of his winning smiles beneath his mustache. "Commander Foster! Just the man I've been looking for!" He approached the fellow Watch member with a firm handshake, which Foster accepted.

"And just the man I've been looking for, sir. I've been sent out here by Supreme Director Atlas herself to try and find this ship. We believed that your Numeron Drive was the cause of these anomalies, but, once I get the chance, I plan on writing up a report on how that is far from the truth."

Both naval officers looked quite relieved by that. "A few of our crew had been getting the same ludicrous idea. Unfortunately, with so few of us trapped in here, such seditious ideas spread easily. I want this report written ASAP, Commander. It would greatly boost our morale to know we aren't to blame for this catastrophe."

"I will get right on that, sir, once I am debriefed by you, as you requested."

"More of a mutual debriefing. I heard Arthuria's side of the story, but I would like a second opinion. Then, I will assign you some quarters. You look like you earned them."

"Well, to start this all off..."

Cargo Bay, And With Strange Aeons, 169 Minutes Ago:

Admiring the frozen red plant of the Fudo sisters was a strange figure, with long black hair possessing red streaks in it, rather pale skin that, depending on the light, was either white as porcelain or grey as marble, a flowing black kimono with slight purple accents showing the deaths of stars across its elaborately made surface, tied back with a blood-red bow, and a face with heterochromatic eyes surrounded by pure white facepaint that had red and black designs, making her out to have beauty in the skeletal visage. She sighed, looking up at her two previous incarnations, only to realize several things at once. The first was that she was existing, something that hadn't dawned on her before this moment, but here she was, floating slightly and looking up to the embraced plant-women in their dormant state. The second came shortly after the first, that she was hovering a few inches above the ground, causing her to lower herself to the floor...and subsequently pass her feet into the bulkhead. It took her a while to find the correct height, and then will herself to be solid, hoping she would remember the fact that she was solid. She liked being solid. More realizations kept coming across her, with more things to discover about herself, until she found something on the ground: a very well-cut blood-red gem, one with a soul inside. Not one to dismiss pretty trinkets with magical properties, she brought it close to her, and placed the gem against her neck, until a black lace choker formed around her neck to let it rest. At that point, the woman discovered that, in attaching the gem to herself, she had given it some additional properties...

"Huh? What is this? I am...not intact, and in a new body, but...aware...I am in a ship...with an ugly plant, and two objects in the way below me...which are breasts...Mein Gott..."

"Hello!" A familiar, but eerily chipper voice responded above him.

"Hello, there." The soul replied hesitantly. "Are you Itsu Fudo, by any chance?"

"Yes!" There was a brief pause as the woman thought it over. "No!" Another pause. "Maybe?"

"Well, this complicates things, but I shall continue with another query: why are you dressed in an SS Uniform, Fraulein?"

"I am?"

"I believe you are."

"Well, I guess I am...maybe..."
"This is going to take a while, isn't it?"

"We have plenty of time, until other people find us!"

The soul of Otto Skorzeny groaned in frustration, wishing he could be regenerated.

Cargo Bay, And With Strange Aeons, Now:

One of the first individuals to get off of the elevator once Arthuria made the broadcast was a red-haired Gothic Lolita-clad woman in a wheelchair, her flowing red and black skirt obscuring her legs. "Excuse me." She asked the knight. "I am Specialist Atsuko Fudo, one of the crew aboard this ship...I have talked to the Vice-Admiral about it, and I wish to come with you. I want to avenge my mother's demise, and aid you in your cause."

"Ooh! I want to avenge me, too!" A voice added, the spitting image of Atsuko's mother, at least, to Atsuko, coming forward from behind some crates.

The poor infected psychic was in shock as she saw her mother in her prime, long, flowing red hair beneath a wide-brimmed straw hat and wearing a long but plain yellow sundress approached the two of them. What Arthuria saw of the being was different, with the only constant being the black lace choker with the red gem around her neck. "Hello, sweetie." She greeted warmly, kneeling down to give her "daughter" a loving hug.

"M-M-MOM?!?"

"Sort of. I'm Itsu, and yet I'm not, but I'm still so much more. Otto and I here have been talking for a while about what I am exactly." She indicated to the gem she was wearing. "I think, for lack of a better term, I am Itsu's ghost, the manifestation of her will and the idea of her made solid. Real fun metaphilosophical stuff."

"You're a...a ghost?!?" Atsuko tried to process, tears running down her face due to all of the emotions, and the mention of "ghost" looked to set her over the edge even more.

"Not in the literal sense that she is the spirit of a dead person." Otto interjected just in time, the gem lighting up when he spoke. "That plant has not only the fragments of Itsu's soul, but over two dozen thousand souls inside of it as well, belonging to your mother. This being wearing me like some trinket is a supernatural, divinely-powered proxy for these souls, acting in their stead."

"...I guess that makes sense..." Atsuko thought out loud, pondering as she wipes her tears with some Kleenex she conjured from subspace. "So...if you are Mom...but you're also not Mom...who are you?"

"We've also been discussing that as well. I can answer to Itsu, but you can more formally call me..." A smirk crossed her face. "...The Extinguished Sun."

"When you threw yourself into that coma," Alister explained as he watched Alexander begin to quiver, "your, err... ability or whatever it is began to go haywire; while I was carrying you back to the ship, that power started encasing your body in ice, and I, uhm... got caught in it as well," he added with a somewhat embarrassed tone, as if getting trapped in ice was a mistake on his part.

"Wha--no...!" Alexander stammered, clutching at his ears and pulling them downward as his face contorted with horror.  "No, no, nonono, no one was supposed to get hurt...!  I... I didn't mean...!!"  As Alex continued to ramble on, switching between apologizing to Alister and berating himself, the mansion began to rumble slightly, gently at first, but slowly and steadily increasing in intensity.  The party-goers inside put their festivities to a halt, confused about what was happening though becoming more fearful as cracks began to form along the walls and floor.

"Dammit, this is not good...!" Umbris yelped out.  "His mental state's becoming distressed.  If we don't calm him down...!"

"Alex!" Alister cried out, trying to keep his footing as he made his way over toward the other lombax.  "Alex, it's alright! You haven't hurt anyone--!"

"But I hurt you!  I froze you!" Alexander gasped out, his emotions drawing closer to a fever pitch.  "You've gotten yourself frozen because of me!"

"Well, I'm not the important one here, now, am I?"  Alister was now a couple of feet away from Alex.  "Alex, just tell us what's wrong!  What's gotten you acting this way?  Why do you feel you have to be rid of yourself?"  Reaching out, Alister grabbed hold of Alexander's shoulders as he tried to get the other lombax to look back at him.  "What did Sayer tell you?!"

"Just leave!!" Alexander pleaded once more to the General, tears gushing out from behind his tightly-closed eyelids.  "You can still save yourself!  All you have to do is abandon me--!!"

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MYSELF, ALEX!!  JUST CALM THE HELL DOWN AND TELL ME!!!"

... ... ...

Within the next few seconds, the trembling slowly ceased, the mansion once again standing still.  As if to take the place of the seismic activity, a torrent of rain began to cascade from the sky.

"... ... I'm nothing."  Those were the words that escaped from Alexander's lips amidst his sobs.  "I... I'm nothing... I have nothing... ... I'm no better than the Madara...."

Alister couldn't believe what he was hearing, what he was seeing: the lombax before him, who would selflessly put others he cared for before himself, who always seemed so optimistic even in the face of utter peril... that lombax was reduced to a shattered, self-loathing and suicidal shell of his former self.  And all this change because of the words of that demon, Sayer.

"... but, Alex...," Umbris spoke up over the rain, "you do have something: you have us--me, Al, everyone in the Counter Corps, everyone in the other Dimensions that we've come across.  They all mean something to you, right?"

"But--but, anyone I've ever cared about is gone," Alexander croaked out, clutching a hand at his chest as he continued to cry.  He began to recite a list of names, most of which were drowned out by the sound of the downpour: "Jeanne... Itsu... Luisa... Hewie... Mark... Wolfram... Wulf... Galen... ... ... Dad... ... ... they're all gone and I couldn't do anything to help them... to save them...!"

"But it wasn't your fault...!"  It was now Alister's turn to speak up.  "Alex you. . . you can't keep their memories locked in your mind like a prison.  They died, but not for you to mourn them.  They died for you to go ON.  They may be gone in body, but they live in YOU."

"But... but how can I go on like this?"

"Certainly not by getting rid of yourself," Alister replied.  "You end it here, and they'll all disappear.  All that's left of them will perish if you take your life....  Please, Alex, just let us help you.  You don't have to go through this alone...."

... ... ...

... ... ...

"... ... ... okay," Alexander spoke up, reaching out and grabbing hold of Alister's hand.  The rain ebbed away as the storm clouds dispersed, revealing the moon in the sky once more.   "... okay... I... I'll let you help...."

Alister gave a nod and a small smile.  "Good.  Now, we should probably start by getting the hell out of this mansion," he said as he and Umbris began to lead Alexander back inside.  They were, however, stopped short as another tremor shook the mansion.  "Oh, now what?!"

"Gah, you've gotta be kidding me!" Umbris blurted out.  "Alex, can you, like, not get nervous and cause an entire mansion to topple on top of us?"

"I--I don't--" stammered Alexander.

"Umbris, can you, like, not go and say something that'll make Alex nervous?!"

"Guys--"

"--well, exCUUSE me for trying to get him to calm down!"

"And how the hell is making him nervous going to accomplish that?!"

"GUYS, THE CHANDELIER!!"

"What?!" Alister and Umbris both turned to look inside the mansion, taking notice that the chandelier was now swaying rather ominously.  Upon closer inspection, they could see cracks forming around the part of the ceiling from which the fixture was suspended.  As they looked, the chandelier dropped down suddenly by a few inches.  At this rate, the whole thing will come crashing down, possibly falling on top of anyone unfortunate enough to be standing underneath it.

Urgently, Alexander ran back inside the mansion, shouting over the banister down to the crowd below: "EVERYONE, LOOK OUT!!"

As if on cue, the chandelier's support gave way, and the large fixture was now hurtling toward the floor below.  Most of the crowd managed to get out of the way before the chandelier crashed upon the tile-covered floor, sending ornamental crystals and lit, burning candles flying about.  A few of these candles landed near some tapestry and carpets; within seconds, these fabrics caught ablaze.

"EVERYONE GET OUT!!!" Alister cried out while Alexander began to freak out.  Once more, on cue, the party-goers began to run amok as they made their way for the exit, any exit.  "Alex, c'mon! We have to get out, too!"  Not even waiting for Alex to respond or move on his own, Alister grabbed hold of his wrist and dragged him along down the stairs, with Umbris trailing close.  By now, the flames had spread at an alarming rate, yet most of the guests had already exited the building safely.  Avoid the flames as best they could, the lombaxes and Neo-Spacian managed to finally escape the burning mansion into the courtyard outside.

The three of them glanced around at the crowd.  Everyone was safe, now.  They could all go home... ...

... ... except....

"... dad...?" Alexander uttered under his breath.  His glancing about turned into a frantic scanning of the crowd.  "Dad...?!  DAD!?!"  But there was no sign of him, no response to him being called for.  He was not with the crowd.  There could only be one other answer....

Before Alister and Umbris had time to react, Alexander had made a mad dash back inside the burning mansion, calling out for his father.  Alister attempted to reach for Alex before he ran inside, but only succeeded in slipping and nearly twisting his ankle.  "$#1+!!  ALEX!!!" Alister cried out as he watched Alexander enter the building, the heavy oak doors mysteriously closing shut behind them.

"DAMMIT, HE RAN INSIDE!!!" Umbris gasped in dismay and horror as he and the General rushed toward the doors, trying to pry them open.  They succeeded in scorching their hands on the knobs; the doors would not budge an inch.  Furious, Umbris slammed a fist against the wooden doors.  "FU*K!!  If we don't get him outta there soon, either the flames or the falling debris will kill him!"

"STAND BACK!!"  Summoning his OmniWrench from out of nowhere, Alister charged an energy blast before dashing headlong toward the doors, swinging the energized end of his wrench into the oak....

Blasting their way through, Alister and Umbris stopped in their tracks momentarily as they noticed their surroundings; no more were they inside the mansion, but within a different kind of residence.  A house.  A home.  And this place, too, was lit ablaze.

"Is this Alexander's father's house?" Alister asked over the roar of the flames.

"Yeah, good guess," Umbris replied.

"The picture frames told me," Alister added as he pointed at the pictures hanging from the walls, many of them showing Artorius and Alexander.  "He's gotta be in here, somewhere!"

The raging, scorching heat was unbearable.  Alister and Umbris felt as though they may pass out at any second, and yet they pressed on, through what was once the living room, as they continued to call out Alexander's name.  They did not have to traverse far, as when they got close to what was once the dining area, they could hear the sound of sobbing.

"Oh, no...."  Through the flames, Alister could see Alexander, fallen to his knees and sobbing, his head hung over the lifeless body of another lombax: his father.  Somehow, the sight of this scene reminded Alister of when he himself found Kaden after.... 

Shaking off his own flashback, Alister hurried by Alexander's side.  "Alex, it's too late!  You have to get out of here!  ALEX!!" the General shouted, trying to shake Alexander out of his stupor.

"It's no good, Alister!" Umbris warned.  "We're gonna have to drag Alexander out of here ourselves!"

"Not without him!" Alexander protested, shooting a glance over at the body sprawled on the floor.

Alister understood.  "Umbris, get Alexander got of here.  I'll follow after you with his father."

"Right.  C'mon, Alex, let's go, it's alright," Umbris reassured as he took Alexander, using his cape to shield the lombax from the flames.

Alister, meanwhile, knelt down and, with some strained effort, lifted Artorius up from the floor, cradling the corpse in his arms as he made his way through the flames toward the exit, cautious of any debris that might suddenly fall atop him and praying that the floor beneath him does not give way just to spite him.

Fortunately, all of them made it out safely, Alister collapsing onto the ground as soon as he was off of the house's porch, though making sure not to drop Artorius's body too roughly.

"AL!" Umbris called out as he and Alexander rushed by his side.  Alex stared down sorrowfully at his father's body, and was soon once again overcome by emotion.

"It's... It's all my fault...!" Alexander gasped out between sobs and coughs.  "It... it's my fault he's dead... if only I'd been here... I could've--"

"--COULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED!!!" Alister shrieked back, grabbing Alexander roughly by the shoulders.  He didn't realize it himself, at the time, but Alister, too, had started to cry now.  Whether it was from empathy or frustration, he couldn't tell, and he didn't care.  "Alex, why must you take responsibility for everything that's happened?!  Don't you realize it was NOT YOUR FAULT?!  STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP OVER THIS!!"

Alexander's sobbing slowly began to diminish, seemingly calming himself down.  For a while, his steady, yet shaky breathing was the only sound coming from him, his tightly-shut eyes slowly softening.  "... why do you care...?" Alexander uttered coldly as he suddenly shot Alister an icy glare.

Alister was caught off-guard.  "What...?"

"Why is it so important to you that I be saved, Alister?  Rescuing me is not going to alleviate the pain.  YOUR pain.  Don't look down on me because I'm struggling.  It's not fair to either of us.  You're putting yourself on a pedestal, sitting high, looking low, because you believe you can save me.  Well, I didn't ask to be saved.  I don't need a hero."

For a moment, Alister went silent; he could not come back with a retort of his own, at least, not right away.  Perhaps Alex was right; why was Alister doing this, any of this?  Was it really all to bring himself some closure?

Umbris, on the other hand, took the opportunity to call Alexander out: "Alex, what the hell was that?!  Why the hell are you projecting yourself onto Alister?!"

"Umbris, I didn't ask you--"

"I don't give a damn if you asked or not!" Umbris shouted back, eyes glaring.  "You're acting like you're the only one here who's suffered anything!  But you're not, and neither is Alister!  What about Russell, who has lost not only his friend, but the rest of his world because of the Orichalcos Cult and the Great Leviathan?  What about Lucario and Tyranitar, who have lost their Trainer and most of their other friends back at the Desert Seth?  Bayonetta, who lost Jeanne, her best friend and the only other Umbra Witch besides herself?  They, and everyone else have lost something or someone. They've all suffered.  And yet they're fighting right now to right those wrongs and return their worlds to what they once were!  Which is more than what YOU'RE doing right now, that's for damn sure!

"And this thing about you "not needing a hero"?" Umbris continued as Alexander slowly backed away from him.  "There actually is a bit of truth to that.  You're right, you don't need a hero.  You need a friend," he said as he placed a hand to his chest, "and that is was me and Alister are trying to do for you.  We weren't asked to help you, Alex, and we didn't need to be asked!  We're your friends, Alex!  So, stop this nonsense of trying to protect us by pushing us away!  'Cuz whether you like it or not, we'll be there to snap you out of it and bring you back!"

Now it was Alexander's turn to be at a loss for words.  For a few seconds he remained silent, his eyes wide with shock.  It didn't stay this way for long, as Alexander's face contorted into a sorrowful mess once more.  He buried his face into his hands as he sobbed out an apology. "I.. I'm sorry...!  I--I didn't mean for this--*sob*--for this to happen... I didn't mean to get upset with Alister...."  He lifted his head to look back at Alister and Umbris, tears cascading from his eyes.  "You're right... you are my friends... ... but I don't deserve you... not after all of this...."  Once again, without warning, Alexander turned and ran off, away from the General and the Panther.

"Alex, wait--!"

"Azi... muth...."

Alister and Umbris halted in their tracks as a gurgled voice called out to him.  The General and the Neo-Spacian almost hopped right out of their furs upon realizing that is was Artorius that had spoken.  "Ze... Zenith...?!" Alister stammered as he knelt down by the talking corpse.

"Alexander, he... he needs to remember...," Artorius croaked faintly, his face being the only part of his body that could even move.  As he spoke, a group of paramedics arrived, one steering a gurney, while another carried with them a black bag, large enough to fit a body in.  "He... he must remember... what is... truly important... to him...."

"But how?" Alister asked, being ignored by the paramedics as them carefully placed Artorius's body onto the body bag, which was then lifted onto the gurney. 

"The answer... shall come to him," Artorius concluded before being sealed within the body bag, "... and to you... in time... ... ... ...."

As the gurney was wheeled away, Alister was caught by Umbris calling for his attention.  "Alister, that truck!"  Umbris pointed out toward a far-off police van parked next to an ambulance.  Through the back doors they could see Alexander seated in the back, head hung low, his wrists bound by chains and handcuffs.  "Alex!" Umbris called out as he and Alister made a mad dash toward the police van.  Alex, however, made no attempt to respond as the doors to the van closed by themselves, after which the van's engine was started.  It had started to leave as Alister and Umbris grabbed hold of the back doors' handles, clinging to them for deal life as the van proceeded to speed off with them.

"We gotta get him outta there!" Umbris yelled over the sound of the exhaust.

"No $#!+, Sherlock!" Alister snapped in response.  He attempted to turn the handle, but no such luck; the doors were locked, it seemed.  "Y'know, I'm glad this is just inside Alexander's head," Alister added as he armed himself with his wrench in one hand, "otherwise, I probably wouldn't do this for fear of getting arrested!"

"Like you care about getting arrested in the real world, either," Umbris snarked, one brow raised at the General.

"... good point."  With that, Alister slammed his OmniWrench forward, plunging it through the space between the doors.  With a bit of effort, he managed to pry the doors open, out of which a blinding white light shone through.  In the confusion, Umbris accidentally slipped off of his door, but quickly recovered as he assumed an avian form mid-fall.  "Umbris, what is this!?" Alister called out as he tried to peer into the truck, almost blinding himself with the shining light.

"It's a portal into another area of his psyche," Umbris answered.  "He's not in the truck anymore, so wherever this leads he should be there!"

"Got it!"  Adjusting himself, Alister made a leap from the van's door into the light, with Umbris flying in after him....

"... what is this...?"  These were the first words out of Alister's mouth as he studied his new surroundings: an all-white circular room, roughly 34 feet in diameter.  A service desk stood before them, although there was no one seated behind it.  The only light in the room, aside from the fluorescent bulbs in the ceiling, came through the automated glass doors behind them.

"Beg your pardon, sirs," a voice near Alister and Umbris spoke, "but, are you here to visit someone?"  The two of them turned their attention toward the source: wearing pale blue medical scrubs, matching bandana and brown sandals stood before them a light brown lombax with stripes of a darker brown color, a clipboard in his hand.  His eyes--blue on his left, brown on his right--studied the two standing before him curiously.

"Err... you could say that," Alister spoke, feeling as though he were being put on the spot.  "We're looking for a friend of ours.  Do you know of an Alexander--?"

"Oh, so you're both friends of Alex?" the brown-furred lombax chimed happily.  "Oh, that's so wonderful to hear!  Alexander didn't mention having any friends when he first came here, but then again, we'd be lucky to get any sort of response from him these days," he added with a slight chuckle.  "Oh!  Forgive me, please; in my excitement, I forgot to introduce myself," he said as he held out a hand to shake with Alister and Umbris.  "Galen Abernathy's the name.  I'm a nurse here at the Heavenly Stars Mental Rehabilitation Center.  And you are...?"

"My name's Umbris," replied the Neo-Spacian as Alister shook Galen's hand, "and this is General Alister Azimuth."

"... wait, "Mental Rehabilitation"...?" Alister repeated, somewhat taken aback.  "Why would Alexander be in here, of all places?"

"Alexander suffered major psychological trauma from the fire and his father's death," Umbris explained.

"Yes, but I didn't think they'd put him in an asylum--"

"It's not an asylum," Galen corrected calmly.  "Our asylum branch is located on the Arch-Am Intergalactic Ship, currently in--"

"--right, well, my apologies," Alister hastily interjected.  "Can we see Alexander right now?  Is he accepting visitors?"

Galen sighed out a bit before answering, "Well, he hasn't made any mention of not wanting visitors... I suppose we'll head for his room and see if he's willing to see you, which I hope he does; he hasn't had much contact or interaction with anyone aside from me."  He motioned for the two to follow him as he led the way toward a door on the far side of the main lobby.  "This doorway leads to one of the hallways where our patients' rooms are located.  Alex's room is part of this hall."

When they all went through this door, however, what they found was most bizarre and confusing....

"Welp,  think we've found Alex," Umbris blurted in a morbidly bemused tone.

"But... which one is him?" Alister asked as he looked around the hall; wandering about were at least thirty Alexanders, talking to themselves, talking amongst themselves, staring off into space, taking up space, or otherwise having no idea what to do with themselves.

"Oh, dear, this is not good," Galen uttered aloud as he, too, was confused by this whole development.  "Alexander's psyche is starting to go haywire."

"... ... wait a second," Alister said slowly as he shot a suspicious glance at Galen.  "Here I was, thinking you were just some figment of Alexander's mind.  How is it, then, that you have any sort of will of your own in this place?"

"... you mean you didn't notice, Al?" Umbris spoke up.

"Notice what?"

"That I'm a ghost, Mr. Azimuth," Galen answered simply.  "I really am the Galen Abernathy that Alexander met back when I was alive."

"But, that...," Alister stammered, in awe at this information, "... that... how is that even possible?  How are you here?  And when were you planning on telling me this?" he added toward Umbris.

"I thought you could sense it," Umbris shrugged.

"Let's just say," Galen continued, "that I was called here by an acquaintance for a job."

""Acquaintance"?"

"Actually, you know him already, Mr. Azimuth."

"...?"

"But right now, that's not important," Galen continued.  "Right now, we have to find the real Alexander in this place."

"Easier said than done," Umbris groaned out.  "His presence is all over the place; I can't get a good lock on him."

"... hang on," Alister uttered as a thought occurred to him.  "Umbris, correct me if I'm wrong--and I'm pretty sure you've been inside Alex's mind long enough to tell me so--but, aside from the mansion that we first came across, all of the locations we've been to have a connection to some traumatic event, right?"

"Actually, you're right on the money," Umbris replied as a few Alexander's wandered by aimlessly.  "His burning home was where he found his father's body, both of those being what traumatized him in the first place.  As for this Rehab Center...."  Umbris trailed off as he glanced over toward Dr. Abernathy, the Neo-Spacian's face slowly showing signs of dread and worry as the realization hit him.  "... Doc, I don't think you're safe here...."

"What are you talking about?" Alister inquired.

"He's right, in a way," Galen answered, his calm voice mixed with a tone of solemn acceptance.  "If what's been happening within Alexander's memories is following a pattern... then I'm the next to die."

"!!!"

"However," Galen added, "I have reason to believe that it's the only way that Alex will be able to find peace within himself and move on.  Although, I sincerely wish that there were some other way besides subjecting him to that trauma once again."

"Wait, just one sec," Alister spoke up as he grabbed hold of Galen's arm, keeping him from going further.  "Just before we came here, Artorius--Alex's father--said that he "must remember what's truly important to him".  How is doing any of this going to help with that?"

"... "remember"...," Galen mused to himself, rubbing a finger against his chin as he processed this information.  "... perhaps it means a memory that Alex had forgotten."

"But what else is there for him to remember?" Umbris asked.  "He's already recovered all of the memories that he asked me to lock away...."

"Then perhaps there is a memory or two that you've both overlooked," Galen speculated.  "Whatever those are...."  Trailing off, Galen lead the way toward another doorway, one with a plaque affixed to the side of the frame: "Patient 018: Alexander Zenith".

"Beyond this door... Alexander should be in here, and so should the traumatic event he experienced in this Center," Galen said to the General and the Neo-Spacian, placing his hand on the door handle.  "Are you prepared for what we'll find behind this door?"

"... are you?" asked Alister, taking note of Galen's trembling hand.

Noticing this, too, Galen couldn't stifle a chuckle.  "Guess the thought of "dying" again... is not an easy pill to swallow...."

"... ... ... ... ... ..."

The scene beyond the door was certainly not one that Alister had not fully prepared for: they were in what appeared to be the Recreation Hall.  A ruined, blood-smeared Recreation Hall, with numerous bodies of nurses and other patients strewn about, some of them still barely alive and pleading for help.  In the epicenter of this destruction, taking sick pleasure in his handiwork, was a large brutish Agorian.  The monstrous alien gave a hearty, sinister laugh as he swatted away a for more unfortunate patients with a swipe of his lumbering forearm.  The carnage reminded Alister of a warzone....

Out of the corner of his eye, Alister finally spotted Alexander further away, the poor guy paralyzed with fear as he looked on.  "ALEX!  Don't just stand there, RUN!!"

The Agorian stopped in the middle of his rampage to glance over toward the source of the shouting (Alister), then turned his attention toward the more prone Alexander.  Seeing the lombax as his next victim, the Agorian charged at Alexander, arms raised about his head, prepared to slam his fists down upon the lombax who was practically rooted to the spot.

Fear and urgency taking hold, Alister jetted off toward Alexander as well, hoping against hope that he would be able to intercept the Agorian's strike in time, even if it meant getting himself flattened.  In seconds, Alister managed to place himself between Alex and the Agorian, OmniWrench in hand, prepared to fend of the massive behemoth...

... before he knew what happened, Alister found himself being shoved backwards along with Alexander.  Within the second that followed as he fell, which almost seemed to slow down for him, Alister could see what, or rather, who, had pushed him: Galen Abernathy, still in mid-dash, with his pushing arm still extended while his other hand was grasping a long, single-ended wrench tightly.  The nurse's expression... it was one of great relief, a calm smile crossing his face....

The second passed, and Mr. Abernathy was lost under the giant fists that slammed down onto him, accompanied by a sickening crunch as cracks formed around the impact.  His wrench fell before the two lombaxes with a clatter....

"GALEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!"

Kenpachi & Yachiru

While they awaited Arthuria, Kenpachi found himself in a slight daze, which quickly became a major hallucination.  "Kenny?" Yachiru called as she saw Kenpachi's eyes glaze over.  "Kenny!" but he did not respond.  In his mind, Kenpachi was surrounded by a plethora of blades, each with a differently colored beam of light pouring from it's hilt, while the blade was stabbed in the ground.  For what seemed like eons, Kenpachi went to each blade, in an attempt to pick it up, but he continued to fail.  What he didn't know, was that these were all Zanpaktou.

Real Time

Kenpachi began to reel, slowly, until he fell to his knees, and Kratos, Revy, and Yachiru looked on in shock.  "What's wrong with him?"  "He's sweating bullets!"  "What's up big guy!?"

Kenpachi's Mind

Each time Kenpachi failed to remove a Zanpaktou from the ground, it's light that penetrated the black sky vanished, and the world grew darker.  Kenpachi had soon failed so many times, the seemingly infinite plane of Zanpaktou began to space out, and become further apart for each failure.  Their lights were his only guidance, and so he would follow.  Still, it seemed like there was no end in sight.  Eventually, the darkness itself began to craze Kenpachi, calling out to him.

"Kenny!" it called, in a Yachiru-like voice.  Except, the voice was crying.

"Kenny!  Kenny!!"  the voice cried more frantically.  "Kennyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"  Every time the voice cried out to him, his mind shook, and he stumbled.  "Kenny!!  Why Kenny!?" said the voice, but Kenpachi followed on, pulling Zanpaktou when he may.  Then, the voice changed.  It grew deeper, until it was a mimic of his own voice.

"You failed her," it declared.  Kenpachi froze in place.  

"Wha--"

"You failed her!  She died because of you!"

"I was defeated!  I was--"

"Powerless!  You're weak.  You don't deserve the Kenpachi name."

"I earned this na--"

"You earned nothing!  You earned death!" the voice taunted.  Kenpachi fell to his knees now, feeling pressured and hopeless at the mercy of this mind voice.  "Good!  Remain on your knees.  At least there, you can't do any more damage, you mindless brute!"

"Imbecile!"

"Failure!"

"Liar!"

"NO!" Kenpachi declared.

"On your knees!"

"No."

"You can't save her again!  You're in the same place you were before!  Let her go!  For her sake!  Just die!"

"I refuse."  Kenpachi stood upright, and the nearest Zanpaktou in the distance began to glow.

"What can you do!?  Remove your eye patch again!?  You will have her killed again!"

"I won't fail her again."

"Her life is in danger because of you!"

Kenpachi began to walk towards the Zanpaktou.  "Then I will give her mine."

"She is weak!  Vulnerable!"

"Then I will give her my strength."  The blade grew closer.

"If you die, she will be alone!"

"I will always be at her side."  The Zanpaktou was in grasping distance now.

"She HATES you!"

"And I--" Kenpachi had begun to reach for the Zanpaktou, but stopped, his hand falling back to his side.  He looked up at the beam of light, into the desolate sky, the back down to the barren wasteland.  "I love her.  And I will give her my everything, if it means she sees another day."  The light, orange in color, began to grow dark, until it was completely black, and no other lights could be seen.  But Kenpachi knew where the blade was in front of him, and pulled it from the ground.  The blackness faded, as the sky greyed, and it began to rain heavily.  The Zanpaktou resonated in Kenpachi's hands, until it shattered and reformed.  "You cannot hope to protect her with your sympathy alone," spoke the mind voice once more.  But Kenpachi only chuckled.

"I know that.  I will consume everyone--everything in my path, for her.  That is the will of a demon."

"Hmph."  The voice stopped echoing around him, and began to speak through the storm that poured down atop Kenpachi now.  Each raindrop made an individual sound, until the rain itself spoke to Kenpachi.

"--oz--a--i--"

"Wha--"

"Noz--a--hi--"

Kenpachi sat down now, listening intently to the storm that began to worsen.  Thunder rampaged, and lightning struck near his feet several time, before striking the blade itself.

"No-za-ra-shi."

"No--", Kenpachi understood at last.  "Nozarashi." he called his blade.  But the storm did not subside.  Instead, it reached it's peak, as it began to hail, the ground began to crack around him, and skies bellowed in fear.  Holding his Zanpaktou to the air in his right hand, Kenpachi called to it.  "Nome, Nozarashi."

Real Time

"Kenny!  Kenny!!  Kenny wake up!" Yachiru called to the frozen Kenpachi.  Finally, his eyes returned to normal, and he stood to his feet.  Somewhat dizzy, Kenpachi attempted to regain his balance.  "Kenny!?" Yachiru still called, concerned.  "I'm alright little lady," he said gripping his head, but finally removing his hands to pet Yachiru.  Yachiru kicked him in the shin, but he felt nothing, and smiled instead.  "Don't scare me like that!  What happened Kenny!?"

"Something. . ." Kenpachi pulled out his Zanpaktou, rolling it over and over, observing it.  "Something wonderful, Yachiru."  They looked at each other, and Kenpachi sheathed his blade.  Leaning into Yachiru, Kenpachi stooped to her level.  "Yachiru.  You're like a daughter to me," Kenpachi said suddenly.

"Hmm?  Idiot." Yachiru blushed, looking away, but Kenpachi raised her head with a finger.

"Yachiru.  I made you a promise."  He hugged her tightly, and she hugged back.  "I won't ever fail you again."

Kratos and Revy just looked on in wonder, trying to get a grasp on the situation.

Within the Hollow Asteroid...

Four weeks.

Four weeks had passed since he had been found by someone before passing out once again, vaguely remembering that he agreed to something, something he no longer could recall...

The last thing he did remember in any degree of wholeness was...

...was...

~~~~~~~~

The lanky man suddenly opened his blue eyes wide to the pure white room around, his heart racing in his chest as he suddenly sat up. The last thing he could remember was someone trying to stab a blade in his heart in order to kill him. The fact that he was bare-chested, revealing the relative lack of muscle he had and the remainder of the light-blue lines that started from his face that interwrapped themselves around his form, did not even cross his mind, since it did not matter.

"...who tried attacking me..." After shaking his head, his body suddenly exploded in pain like it was waiting for him to finally regain consciousness, forcing him to lay back down upon...

Wait, was he in a bed?

He dared to turn his head slightly, laying it flat against the pillow his head was upon, to look more at his surroundings. Doing so, he saw more of the white room, with all the strange devices that surrounded him. Both the Simic and Izzet guilds came suddenly to mind, but he wasn't sure why, this place did not really seem like something either of those two guilds would make and yet...

...now that he thought about it...neither of them would do a white room. The Simic, with all their biological experiments, aren't picky about their color choices. The Izzet, while they would be the ones who come up with various devices, don't normally...

Unlike the last time, when he shot straight up, the man carefully sat up, using the backboard behind him to stay up once he noticed it, his eyes closed and his teeth gritted together as he did. At least sitting up did not hurt as bad this time. When he opened his eyes, however, he noticed several thing wrong.

First of all was the variety of cords that seemed attached to him in one way or another. Quite a few of them appeared to be attached to his skin through some form of sticky substance and one of them had something silver...

He had a needle injected into his arm. Why was there a needle injected into his arm?

Grabbing hold of the needle, he first traced the clear line attached to it with his eyes, which lead to a clear bag hanging upside down with some form of clear liquid. He didn't know if it was water or some strange new compound. It looked like something could be placed into something that connects to the cord under the bag as well. Bracing for the further amount of pain he felt he would experience, he closed his eyes for a second before pulling the silver stick out of him, a small drip of red flowing out of him for a second before he opened his eyes again. Thankfully, that wasn't as painful as he expected, but even so...

...he needed his clothes so he could find out where he was. This could not be Ravnica.

Ravnica...

His heart went into his throat. How long has he been gone? Has it been a day? An hour? A week? Without him, the realm could be torn apart from the ten dominating groups being at each other's throats both metaphorically and literally.

Taking the sheet that laid over him, he tied it around his waist so that his more-personal areas remained hidden from view before slowly moving his legs off of the edge of the bed, pain trying to surge through him as he did. Did something happen during or after he planeswalked away, because he certainly couldn't return in his state now.

Feet hanging over the edge and his whole being protesting from its use, he managed to look up toward a window, the only area in this near-empty room that was something other than white. He saw nothing but blackness beyond the window, blackness that looked like night, but darker.

"...where am I...?" He grabbed the various cords that were attached to his skin one way or another and yanked, feeling the sharp sting that came with each area seperated from his skin. He wasn't sure who it was all focused around his chest, but at least there wasn't some in more-sensative places. He dared to stand up afterwards, the feeling of knives cut into his soles as he shakily walked over toward the window, an open hand pressed against the glass when he fell forward and almost landed flat on the floor. It was proof he hadn't moved for quite a while, making him even more on edge. With effort did he pull himself back up into a standing position, looking out the window as he did.

"Oh, god," he found himself swearing for once at what he saw.

While the window seemed black from the distance, when he was right against the glass, he saw an infinate range of items, objects and even an assortment of living things in cages of some sort. Seeing that the cages did not have any obvious way out, the man looked around in the colorless room he found himself in.

There was no door, no noticable way out except for the window he could not break. Instinctive panic beginning to build in him unbidden, he tried to punch through the glass as he forced himself to calm down, thinking it would be easy to break, but it was not. Instead, the spiked pain of impact shot through him, much like almost everything he had been trying to do so far. Was something being done to keep him immobile all this time as well as alive, if barely?

"Let me out," He cried out at the top of his lungs as he banged against the glass repeatedly, hoping someone would hear him and free him. The fact that the only thing covering his midsection was a sheet did not even concern him, he just wanted out of his guilded cage. After seeing nothing responding to his voice, he closed his eyes and lowered his head as he placed the tips of his fingers to his temples, hoping to project the loudest mental shout he could muster at the largest possible range.

"LET ME OUT!"

Aeon Spaceship, Observation Deck

"Eh? I aint for knowing the details of this 'ere war and all, but Moradin says you need me. So me axes and hammer are yer own!" Theovak patted his hammer for emphasis as his other hand held it hoisted over his shoulder. "Ye aint seen a real fight until ye see a Dwarf!" Hollered out before letting out a loud roar of laughter. The Dwarf could tell many of the fighters here had been a lot. He had seen it among many Dwarfs in previous battles. His experience had taught him that if at least one person could remain in high spirits, morale may very well rise. "Don't ye worry lads! Ye'll win this fight yet! Good ol' Theovak is 'ere to aid ye...what in the nine hells?!"

With shock and confusion on his face, Theovak rushed over to the edge of the observation room. His eyes wide in awe and fear as he looked out into space. "Are...are these the stars in da sky? We flying in the sky?!" With his free hand, the Dwarf slugged himself in the face a few times to make sure he hadn't dozed off from to much ale again. Still unconvinced as the sight was still before him, he slugged himself once more, only to still see the view of space. "Dear Moradin, what have ye thrown me into now?" The old Dwarf's head shook slowly from side to side as he observed the many stars flying by.

Divine, Asteroid, Doraga

The Arrancar sat upon the ground, looking out from the closest hole to him, out into the star filled space. "So many stars are flying by us. All of them far bigger than I ever imagined, and filled with life." His hands rested casually upon his knees as his gaze did not waver. "Here I am, trying to fix my own problems. And yet, here are hundreds, if not thousands of other worlds flying by us like they were nothing. Do they not have problems of their own? Simply makes my own seem so small and meaningless when this is the background to our lives. It's rather, humbling." He chuckled as he said that out loud, the images of the other Arrancar's reacting to hearing him say he was humbled coming to mind. "I wonder if I could aid them as well..."

Divine, Asteroid, Brian/Cally

Cally moved closer to the man beside her, the Vampire showing slight signs of uncomfort. "I really don't like the look of some of these people. They give me the creeps." Her arm wrapped around his right arm as her free hand hung near the hilt of her blade. "Perhaps we should have declined."

"Stay calm Cally. To decline his offer would allow the Black Sphere to remain missing. You know how dangerous that can be." The half human, half demon turned his head to look at her, a reassuring smile on his face. "Besides, we can not pass up the opportunity to be rid of all the wrong there is."

The Vampire nodded. "I know this. But what if he lied? What if he betrays us?"

"Then we will accomplish our goal without his aid. Simple as that." His gaze turned from her face and steeled as he looked out upon the other members of the group known as the Divine.

"Brian...nothing separates us, promise?"

"I promise Cally." His hands rested easily on the hilts of his blades, expecting a fight at any time.

Present Time, Counter Corps, Observation Deck of the 'And With Strange Aeons'

There was something comforting about watching the stars of the night moving slowly upon the black canvas that was space.

A man in his early 30s sat on one of the seats near a large window, sitting cross-legged as he watched what was on the other side of the window, occassionally seeing planets of varying colors and on rare occasions strange splashes of color that appear like something in a painting. He was dressed in unusually-bright attire, a canary-yellow suit jacket over a simple black shirt. The collar and folded sleeve-tips were a shade of purple, the same shade as the simple pair of pants he wore. Though his shoes were hidden from view due to how he was sitting, but there was tiny splashes of yellow among them. No one seemed to call attention yet to his outfit nor his hair, which was a vivid-shade of blue with a yellow, wide-brimmed hat resting upon it, though he suspected no one really cared.

"I wonder if Jace would think we were in the 'Blind Eternities' with this view," he remarked with a slight smirk on his face before a feeling of guilt suddenly fell heavy upon him, prompting him to lower his head a bit. "I really hope Trostani's right about you being alive, kiddo. Ravnica's gone insane since you left..." He closed his neon-green eyes to the world around him as a flashback came to him unbidden...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback - Two Weeks Ago, Ravnica, New Prahv

He had been forced onto his knees upon the white stone dias, wrists tied together behind his back and a white collar with blue lines interwoven into it around his neck, in the center of the large courtroom. He could feel the presence of the five mages around him casting their whispered spells to supress any unrevealed magic he may have as well as the many eyes staring at him with disgust and hatred, even though he knew he had really earned none of it.

He was already a criminal in everyone's eyes and it stung deeply.

"Neos Rivetter," he heard from in front of him before daring to look up, seeing a large sphinx the colors of white and blue in a sitting position, staring down at him with her large blank eyes. "You stand charged for the murder of the Living Guildpact and for the use of unauthorized mind control to mirror his power. What is your plea to these charges, creature?"

"Innocent of murder," the man on trial, Neos Rivetter, said immediately after wincing from being called a creature instead of a human. Things had become rough for him since he had been revealed as a part of a previously-unknown shapeshifting species, with only the fact that he became a murder suspect preventing him from becoming experimented on. The collar around his neck began to glow, inflicting the feeling of honesty in a painful, overwhelming way. "...and guilty of mind control," he finally added with regret as he lowered his head back down, temporarily releasing him from the feeling that threatened to literally suffocate him for the time being.

The sphinx tilted her head at the split plea, curiosity faintly showing through the sparkle in her eyes, though it would be impossible for a human to recognize such in her. "What evidence do you have that can prove he still live," was the question asked, and it made him gulp.

To answer that question honestly, he'd have to reveal a secret entrusted to him, something he swore to not share.

"I've," Neos started to say before he gulped, looking up toward the sphinx afterwards. "I've already promised I wouldn't tell anyone what I know." Just like when he was forced to plea guilty to using mind control, the suffocating feeling began to overwhelm him instantly, shortening his breath as he tried to keep his silence. Bringing his head even closer to his knees from the resulting pain, he shut his eyes to the world as well as began gritting his teeth. "No...I promised Jace I wouldn't tell anyone," he whispered.

"Even if it is a sworn oath made upon the Living Guildpact himself, if it means finding him, you are under direct orders to reveal what you know."

He couldn't help but mentally swear at himself as he felt the words being forced out of his throat upon the sphinx's command.

"...Jace is not from Ravnica," he struggled against saying, though he heard the sounds of gasps around him. "He...is a being known among the Multiverse as a Planeswalker, someone capable of teleporting between realities at will." He tried pulling apart the bands of energy that kept his wrists bound together behind him, but he didn't have the strength to break them. Not with him starting to become light-headed from the reduced amount of oxygen he was getting, at least. "A Dimir agent tried...to kill Jace while he was resting from his Firemadness, but he...managed to Planeswalk out of the way. I have no idea where...he could have gone or why he isn't back yet." Only when he was done talking did he feel the release upon his breathing, allowing him to inhale normally once more.

An explosion of whispers, shouts and angry outbursts calling him a liar became heard when he was done, though his ears also picked up the sound of a large pair of doors opening up behind him, near the back of the room.

"If such is true, then the fact that he stayed here and helped solve the Dragon's Maze instead of leaving when he had the chance shows a sign of unfailing loyalty." Neos opened his neon-green eyes wide open at the voice before daring to turn his head, through the many seats that held a variety of people toward the large wooden doors, his dark-green irises becoming as small as they could be when he saw the source of the voice.

Neos wasn't gonna have a mind left if Jace found out the elf he had feelings for found out that particular secret. She already had him remove her memories about it once before...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present Time, Divine, Hollowed Asteroid

No one heard him, neither his verbal cry nor his psychic one. Not even the nearby living beings nearby seemed to have responded to him in either way and it scared him.

"What's going on here," the near-naked man almost cried out as he turned around with his back to the unbreakable glass before sliding down to the floor, bending his knees as he did. The walls around him felt like they were closing in on him, but he shook his head, forcing himself to return to a calm state as he remembered one crucial fact.

Planeswalkers always have a way out if they are willing to work up the energy to flee.

Remembering that he only had the white sheet covering his lower-half, the man with almost-black hair began searching the room for his clothes, which he knew he had on before winding up whereever he now was. It was fortunate that he found them so soon and made haste in putting them back on.

Once he had back on his decorated cloak, the final part of his general blue outfit, he closed his eyes and began to focus upon himself, envisioning a cyclone of energy contained within him colapsing into itself before disappearing into the calm. While he could feel it beginning, the internal vortex instead disappated almost-instantly, forcing him to open his eyes in panic from what that could mean for him.

He could not recall a single time when he was unable to escape from a place.

"Why can't I leave...?" Fear now overwhelming him, his breathing accelerated as he tried tracing every inch of the walls, both with his hands and his eyes, hoping to find a hidden exit. He did not find such, but something else happened.

"Activating Protocal: Awakening,"  he heard before turning toward the source of the voice, the see-through image, most-likely an illusion, of a girl facing the bed he was once in that seemed strangely-familiar. "Artifact Designation: Living Guildpact of planet Ravnica within the Dominaria reality," it started to say with no discernable emotion, "also known as Planeswalker Jace Beleren, you have been here for four weeks, 3 days and counting."

Artifact? Planet? What was this---

Wait, how long did it say he had been here?!

"You and several other Artifacts from various realities, both living and non-living, have been gathered together in order to find the one that can open the 'Door of Origin', which can allow the one in control of it to rewrite the multiverse and shape it to their wishes. You have already been proven to not be that key, but before you passed out, you promised to aid my creator in the search for the one that can open the Door."

"Rewrite the multi..." Jace's heart felt like it went into his throat, but not from panic. This strange illusion had distracted him, flooding him with a strange form of hope for the future. There had been a great number of things in his past he wished he could undo. To finally have a chance to change things...

"In one minute, you will be allowed out of this psychic-shielded containment room and be free to join with the rest of the Divine. Be warned, Planeswalker Jace Beleren, teleportation of all forms have been rendered unusuable in this reality. Until the issue causing this is repaired, attempts to leave this reality by you will be a wasted effort."

The mind mage could have sworn he felt his heart stop at that last statement. He was unable to get back to Ravnica, to his self-percieved 'home'?

A click became heard after the minute passed as the window he was banging against when he first woke up began to lower into the wall below, which also disappeared into the ground, creating a clear opening out of the white room.

Not wishing to take the chance with waiting, Jace ran out of his former imprisonment and into a significantly larger cage that, for once, he had no real comparison for. It looked like he was underground, and yet it was too bright. There was no windows and yet it seemed like there was enough light to see everything clearly, like he was under sunlight. Breathing wasn't difficult here, either, like it often was with most underground lairs in various planes.

"What kind of magic is this," Jace asked quietly to himself, curiosity starting to spark in his mind once again...

Wesker

Several new, unexpected faces appeared in the asteroid now.  It was interesting, to say the least, that this Protheus gentleman took a similar outlook, as what Wesker had.  To cleanse the world--no.  To cleanse the multiverse of the 'inferior insects' as he portrayed it.  Though perhaps using their wasting corpses for the betterment of the new world, wouldn't be such a detriment.  He pondered over what was coming.  How many would he get to experiment with?  Ten?  Twenty?  There were possibilities everywhere, and it excited Albert.  If any of the 'Counter Corps' were as fascinating as these Divine members, they would prove to provide excellent guinea pigs for further Plaga development.  With enhanced genes and a multitude of x factors, there's no telling what the Plaga what grab onto, let alone mutate.  The thought of amassing a mutant army to spread throughout the multiverse and conquer and cleanse every living thing was. . .exotic.  A bliss of order and controlled chaos.  Not a perfect world, but a new order.  An age of purity.  "Where Adolf Hitler failed, I will succeed," he mused.  Still, those thoughts fresh in his mind, Wesker knew better than to place even the slightest bit of trust in anyone aboard this forsaken rock.  They were simply tools, nothing more.  If they required his assistance, he would not hesitate.  However, he did not expect the same from anyone else.  When it came right down to it, Wesker would aid those he deemed beneficial to his own cause.  That is to say, "scratch my back, but don't turn yours."

“Explanation, explanation~

Exposition time, I can feel it coming~”

Shut up Koishi.

“He’s been pretty silent after talking with that dragon though. I wonder why he’s taking his time~?

Nyaa, I want my explanation!”

Koishi didn’t seem to listen to her, Yukari realized. Though, she was somewhat right, probably. It’s been a while since Protheus said that he’d gave an explanation about what were they going to do. Not that Yukari cared about it or this entire thing really. Couldn’t see a reason why Koishi would care too, really. But probably it was just her being weird again.

Thankfully, Koishi had put her clothes on immediately after she ordered her to, so she was spared from yet another round of awkwardness.

“Yukari, my butt’s itchy.”

…..

Sighing, Yukari decided to just stop caring about her for now, as she would probably be driven crazy if she bothered with her antics, especially now. Instead, she started to look more into the mental fortress in Koishi’s mind. Not that she had any hope to break in this time, but…

Huh? Did it just..

How?

The seemingly impenetrable wall in front of her had just cracked due to an unknown reason. Not that it lasted long, as it immediately fixed itself, but Yukari couldn’t help but wonder about how the crack happened.

But, even without knowing about how it happened, the small crack was a faint glimmer of the light of hope for her. And for once, after a long time, Yukari smiled.

---

“You’re getting distracted too easily, Reimu.”

Yukari, watching Reimu over from her current position, and was not exactly amused that she spent quite a lot of time eating, being drunk, and engaging in meaningless chitchat with strangers.

Especially since she believed that she would be unable to contact her soon, as the spaceship was getting closer and closer to the point of Origin.

Though, that was not really troublesome for her, and she would not even care if Reimu failed in her ‘mission’. Yukari never intended for her to get the key anyway.

Despite the distortions in space-time, Yukari realized that as long as she knew about the location of her destination, she could utilize the realm of boundaries as a way to bypass all those obstacles. Not exactly an easy feat still, but it was indeed possible, especially with the nature of her personal world. The Boundary, the “in-between” point of everything, conceptualized and materialized into a vast “world” that belonged to her and her alone.

But, as she had realized, there was some problems that needed to be taken care of before she could do anything before she continue with her plan. Not to mention, barriers and bounded fields that she might or might not have to break down before continuing.

Wouldn’t be too hard for her to take care of, probably.

---

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

TICK

TOCK

TICK

TOCK——

The ticking clock, just as its hand was about to hit the final hour of the day, was abruptly smashed without remorse. Now that it was broken, there was nothing more to it. It could no longer function. In a way, it was a move only an idiot would do, since now there was no more clock to keep track of time. However, at the same time, it was the most merciful thing to do. After all, to keep track of time beyond this point would be nothing short of maddening, especially for the one who'd smashed it in the first place. The sole advantage of a broken clock was that it made waiting more bearable, if only less certain. Truly, it could only be described as a phantom at this point.

"...Late. So, so late."

Those were the first words spoken in many, many years. They were barely even heard.

Even without the presence of a device to measure the passing of time, the war would continue. Sooner or later, even if it was an infinitesimal chance and no matter how long it took, 'something' must occur.

However, whether that 'something' was to be her salvation or her cessation of existence was something that had yet to be determined.

~ ~ ~

Arturia Pendragon, Aeon Spaceship

The former king nodded formally at Atsuko Fudo, "The Counter Corps will be honoured to accept y-"

Only for a look of absolute bafflement when out walked...she wasn't sure what it was. A monstrous, humanoid-shaped swirl of fiery cosmic energy that spoke in a distorted voice that she could only barely recognize as being reminiscent of Yuki and Izumi from the Sphere Forest, and which Atsuko was able to identify as her mother for some reason. The only part of her that was discernible was the black lace choker with a red gem around what seemed to be her head...or more likely, her neck?

But even when faced with such a creature, Arturia maintained her composure, and she was ultimately able to figure out that this individual had a perception filter, making everyone who saw her see her differently. Perhaps only the Counter Guardian herself could see the true form of 'The Extinguished Sun'.

"I...I'm not sure what to think, but I'd be honoured to have you in our service, Extinguished Sun." Arturia said to the mass of energy.

Shortly afterwards, once everyone else had gone down and gathered in the room, the knight went to the end and gestured behind her, at which point a holographic screen showed up for all the members of the Corps to see.

"Now then..."

~ ~ ~

Still floating in the sky, upside down with his dark-and-silver hair hanging downwards, the dark sorcerer decided to let his gaze move throughout the bleak area, as if assessing the Divine for the last time. It seemed as though the Planeswalker Jace had finally awoken from his cage, and everyone else had gotten ready by then.

Each of them had aspects and powers that could prove to be useful against the Corps. Jace, Pandora, and Koishi each had power over the mind, and their individual abilities would help to support that. Brian, Darcy, Red, and Sayer each possessed high competence and valuable powers, with Dorian, Tenshi, Tesability and the various others all capable of serving as useful backup. And of course, there were his trump cards - Doraga, Sephiroth, Radamanthys, and Ragnarok, who possessed such power that he highly doubted any of the Corps would be able to stand up to them.

And of course, there was Chardonnay, whom he'd brought along simply so she could bear witness to the failure of her own prophecy.

"Are we all ready? Yes? No? Doesn't matter, I'm starting anyway. So then, greetings, my fellow Divine!" Protheus announced, letting his voice echo throughout the Hollow Asteroid so that everyone could hear it. "First off, I must thank you all for having joined me on this noble quest. If you are here, then that must mean one thing; you have come for the promise of the power that the Door of Origin wields... Some of you may want to fix your past or make your universe a better place, while the rest of you may just want to rule over it. Does it really matter?"

As he spoke, he spun his body around so that he was now upright, holding the dark, spacial box called the Key of Origin under his left arm.

"But I assure you, now that I possess the Key, that power will indeed be yours for you to do as you wish. However, before that can happen, we will first need to go to the Door - but like any mystical MacGuffin, there is one last obstacle standing in our way. Or rather, three obstacles..."

To demonstrate, he traced out three large symbols in the air with his free hand, which remained in the form of black fire visible to the Divine. The one on the far left represented a skull, the one in the middle displayed a sword, and the one at the far right showed the outline of a human-shaped child.

"Each of these three obstacles are called Pathways. They are all designed differently, and their nature is such that I'm afraid you will not be capable of teleportation. In a way, the laws of spacetime are much stricter there, and once they've all been completed..."

~ ~ ~

"...You'll be able to reach the Door of Origin."

In the observation deck, Arturia stood in front of all the Counter Corps, gesturing towards a screen behind her which displayed the same symbols as the Divine did. A skull, a sword, and a child.

"For those of you who've been with us since its creation, you would know about the Shadow Realm, which my predecessor described to be the 'very shadow that the multiverse casts'. Well, if that is the shadow, then you could hypothetically call this the light from which all shadows stem from. It functions as a symbol of concepts, and it's not actually a 'location' per se. It isn't just something you can visit whenever you want."

To the side, it also had an open text file which explained the plot and served a dual function, to fill in those that had no idea what was happening, and to remind everyone else exactly what they were fighting for - stopping the Divine and saving the multiverse itself.

"I'll move onto what you'll actually have to do. As I said earlier, there are three Pathways. You'll be able to go through them in any order you wish, but the only way to leave a Pathway is to complete it. To do so, you'll first have to reach the end and then complete a 'special condition'. Now, I don't quite know myself what this means, but as far as I understand it, it requires..."

~ ~ ~

"...Acknowledging a certain part of yourself." Protheus went on,, shrugging as he did so.

"I'm guessing that it's a system designed to make you 'come to terms with yourself' or something cliche like that, but I'm SURE that something so vague and unnecessary won't be a PROBLEM for any of you."

Speaking of unnecessary, his emphasis on certain words didn't seem very necessary. He might've been mocking or daring the Divine in some way with some sort of hidden meaning, or perhaps it was just his manner of speech, like some sort of comic book villain. Honestly, at this point, who knew? As long as he granted them what they wanted, it shouldn't be that important.

"As for the roads themselves, they symbolize...

Death.

Truth.

And Remembrance."

~ ~ ~

The skull represented Death, the sword represented Truth, and the child represented Remembrance, it seemed.

"Each of these correspond to a concept tied with your future, present, and past respectively. Now, I'm afraid I have no idea what each of those paths will hold for you, so I can't even begin to guess what they'll be like on the inside, but I can at least speculate that each of the conditions are tied with the names. It's possible that for some of you, one Pathway may be harder than the other. Maybe they'll all be easy, or maybe they'll all be hard."

Right at that moment, the ship began to shake a little. It was hardly noticeable, like a light tremor, but there nonetheless, and the deep darkness behind Arturia was slowly lighting up.

"Normally, these places adjust themselves to the visitor so that it is as mentally challenging as possible, in which case it take months if not years to even get through one of the obstacles, and there's no guarantee that they'll survive the next." The former king continued bleakly. "Although, if my theory is correct and many of us enter it at the same time, it should adapt to an average level that will decrease the distance and time required exponentially. Even so, do not expect it to be any less difficult, and be wary of everything around you once inside. I have no idea what will be down there, and thus, I cannot guarantee your safety."

Arturia closed her eyes and paused shortly, as if in thought. Did she want to say something?

"This is the final destination. Counter Corps, if we are to fight together in this last battle, then... there is something I must tell you."

~ ~ ~

"Together, the three pathways form a set. They are connected, and as a whole, they make up a single road."

A pause.

"Oh? Would you like to know what it's called? I should think the answer is obvious. The final destination been in front of us all along."

At this point, Protheus had begun floating down to the ground so that he was at level with the rest of the Divine.

"After all, we all know where we came from, and what we're fighting for. We all understand what is important and what is at stake here, correct? We all fight for the Door of Origin... Or to be more accurate, for the right to control our origins. So! Where would we need to go? What sort of road would that be called, and how would it lead to where we need to go? Try to think a little for once."

~ ~ ~

There was reluctance in her tone.

"I'm sure you are all aware of the chaos that Isamy Maximus caused. She stole precious artifacts from your universes, and caused so much distortions that they all collapsed into absolute hell. When we recruited you...

...we took a risk."

Her expressions was cold and unreadable, but by the hint in her eyes, it was obvious that she was finding some difficulty in admitting this, "By removing you from your universes, we would cause a distortion of our own that would disturb the delicate balance and thrust your homes into oblivion mere seconds afterwards. Compared to the other five million universes affected by Isamy, the dozens we sacrificed couldn't have mattered. By now, most of those must've already deteriorated to the point of barely existing, so what difference could it make anyway? In the recent past, members asked to be taken home - like BB, Kurai, Maxwell - and for the sake of maintaining the illusion, they were sent into that oblivion."

As it appeared, this was something she had been forbidden from saying while connected to the Throne of Heroes, but now that she'd been cut off, it seemed only natural to inform the Corps of their true function.

"In case you don't understand, all your friends are gone. Everyone you've ever known is gone. And... I do not even know if there'll be an afterlife for them."

It was by her contract that she hadn't been able to say all of this, but it was by her code of honour as a knight, as the fair King Arthur that she simply had to say this, no matter how much it hurt. And by 'hurt', it didn't refer to metaphorical guilt, but actual, physical pain that was being dealt as a form of punishment.

"Not only that, but you have been led to believe by both me and Emiya before me that your goal is to stop the Divine. Even now, it holds true, as they pose a great threat to the multiverse. Stopping them at all costs is the greatest priority...however, as Counter Guardians, it was not our only priority." For a split second, she winced in pain, as if there was a trace of the Throne remaining that was punishing her for revealing all this information. "...Some of you must've guessed this by now, but I will state this myself. Even if we defeat the Divine and Protheus Maximus, the damage will not miraculously restore itself. Your homes will not come back. They'll remain lost forever, and the most you'll be able to do is settle in a similar, alternate dimension. That's why. THAT'S WHY..."

Now it was fairly obvious in her eyes that there was a trace of guilt. Perhaps it had always been there, right from the very beginning. Perhaps even Emiya had it too. She was hesitating to say the last part, but in the end, forced it out.

"That's why it's necessary. Necessary for me as a Counter Guardian to attain the Key and open the Door myself, so that the multiverse can go back to exactly how it used to be...and so that you will all have a home to go back to when the Origin War is all over."

Once she'd finished, the knight turned away, avoiding their glances.

"...I hope that you will be able to forgive us for what we have done."

Truly, she hoped that the Counter Corps would be able to understand what had to be done, but was also prepared to bear it if she was to be called a monster. As the former King of Britain, Arturia had gotten far used to such accusations, even though everything she'd done was for the good and welfare of the very people that scorned her. People were always selfishly demanding unreasonable things in an age where they weren't even remotely possible, and even a perfect king lacked the ability to change that. Sacrifice a few for the sake of the many. Focus on priorities for the greatest possible satisfaction, even if hatred and conflict is sprung up anyway. The balance between good and evil, order and chaos, hope and despair, ideals and truth... No matter the change, this was a balance that could not be broken, even by the famous King Arthur. Simply put, doing evil for the sake of good was a necessity.

If they were to refuse taking part in this last battle for whatever reason, then that would be understandable. It would be a shame, but she would understand and allow it nonetheless. Who could possibly blame them?

After a few minutes of silence passed by in the observation deck, letting the facts sink in, she turned back to face them again, and drew her sword from the sheath attached to her waist.

"We have reached the final destination."

Just as Arturia announced this, the scenery displayed behind her abruptly changed from total darkness to a tranquilizing, almost impossible swirl of energy made of loads of colors, causing bright light to penetrate through the fairly dark observation deck and hurt the eyes of a lot of the Counter Corps who had gotten used to the artificial lights of the Aeon. The light also hit the back of the Counter Guarian, who remained completely unphased as she stood before her soldiers with her sword against the floor.

"Originally, the Counter Guardian was intended to walk this path alone. It was not my nor Emiya's intention to bring the rest of you here, but with Protheus Maximus and the Divine still involved, I don't have a choice anymore. If you are still willing to follow me even after knowing this, then allow me to invite you... That is, to—"

~ ~ ~

As Protheus approached the ground in a pompous, overlord-like manner, being at the very center of the Hollow Asteroid, his arms began to move upwards with an elegance that was unnatural for such an impatient person.

Like a direct with reality itself at his fingertips, he relaxed his arms a little and then the floor responded immediately, crumbling, starting at the center to revealing a beautiful, rainbow-like mass of energy gathering and separating at random below them.

It kept on spreading until it had covered a twelve-meter radius, and all the Divine had to stand back in case they fell into it. But more importantly, even though it was utterly alien, for some reason, it seemed...familiar, in a manner not so different from deja vu.

"All our lives, we've been going back and forth, here and there. Accomplishing things and losing things, seemingly without gain, seemingly without END, but now we are finally going to the one place we've been meant to be all along. And that is—"

~ ~ ~

"The Pathway

to Origin."

~ ~ ~

"I assume you've all prepared by now, so jump into the swirl below whenever you feel like it. It will consume you, and it will perhaps hurt a little, but you'll soon find yourself at a white room - alone - with three doors. Should be obvious which one is Death, which one is Truth, and one is Remembrance. If not, then you're quite possibly an idiot and should get your IQ checked before you can even begin to attain the Door's power."

He paused, thinking for a moment like he'd forgotten something, and then hastily added, "Oh, by the way, your task isn't to complete the Pathway to Origin. You can do that if you want, but don't get in my way. Your main priority is to fight to kill the Counter Corps, and wait until I've reached the Door myself. Oh, and if by some chance I lose the Key and you see someone else with it, please return it to me thank you very much."

Protheus concluded on that note, and then he let out a sigh, as if talking so much and acting as the expositor had already drained him of energy. Nevertheless, he was as strong as ever, floating barely above the vortex of energy without problem, his dark figure lit up by its light.

In the midst of the Hollow Asteroid lay the massive hole that led down into the Pathway of Origin, as if daring them to advance onwards and jump down.

He thought about telling them about how, if they entered, they would never be able to return, but ultimately decided that it was an irrelevant matter.

"This is the final countdown. For you see, now, NOW is the time to claim your rightful place as the Divine. Thus, I beseech of each and every one of you to fight. Just fight. If you truly wish to realize your desires...then fight."

~ ~ ~

Arturia Pendragon, Cargo Bay of the Aeon Spaceship

Having moved to the cargo bay, Arturia stood at the front of everyone as the large hatch opened up to reveal a colorful swirl of energy, only in even more detail. It emitted an aura unlike any other, and it threatened to enter and flood the ship, but simply remained outside like a sea being pushed back. But also, even though it was impossible that they had ever encountered something like this, it seemed...familiar. Somehow.

"There is no turning back, I'm afraid. Once you walk forth and expose yourself to that energy, entering the Pathway to Origin, you become literally incapable of returning without the Door's power." She added in then, but it was only a few seconds afterwards that she realized this might've been a bit too much information.

It was too late to go back on her own words now, however.

Come to think of it, Arturia Pendragon had never been good at keeping lies. When it came to false negotiations with enemy kingdoms, Merlin had always handled them in her place, although it wasn't something she'd really noticed until Shirou had told her so.

...'Shirou'. Who was that? How ridiculous. She couldn't recall ever knowing such a selfish, conceited, idiotic guy, and even then, he was irrelevant when it came to all the other sacrifices she'd made, when it came to the very fate of reality itself.

"Defeat the Divine, take back the Key, and restore the multiverse back to how it used to be. That is our ultimate priority. Do not forget that."

It was both an affirmation to herself, and a confirmation for the Counter Corps before her. It was entirely correct too. Even if the Corps weren't quite fighting for what they expected, nothing had changed. They were still fighting to save the multiverse.

"I know that I am asking a lot for you to fight, but if you understand the risks...then help me. Please. Put your life on the line and risk everything you have because never in history has there ever been a more important day than today. Fight for everything you cherish. Fight for everyone you've ever known and loved."

Hardening her heart, she faced the Counter Corps with a look more determined than ever before.

"This is our last chance to save everything. Thus, all I have left to say is... Let us roll."

Kratos

This was it.  The final obstacle.  The last plain.  But something in him snapped.  What Arthuria had just revealed. . .she sounded like Athena.  "In case you don't understand, all your friends are gone. Everyone you've ever known is gone. And... I do not even know if there'll be an afterlife for them."

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  There was no guarantee?  He had been LIED TO!  Kratos lunged, tackling Arthuria to the ground, his blades drawn as he wrapped one hand around her throat, and the other held his blade in the air.  "Arthuria!  You betrayed me!  You betrayed all of us!  You WILL suffer for this!"  He would never have a home to return to?  He would never see his goals fulfilled.  To bring back the lives of his wife and child.  To restore balance and remove the gods of Olympus.  It was pointless.  It was all. . .so pointless.  But before Kratos could strike, a friendly hand picked him up off of the Counter Guardian.  "Let it go.  We should have understood what we were getting into.  Betrayed or not, we still have a job to do.  And if we don't do it, then all that you have fought for will be for nothing."

Kenpachi, Yachiru, & Revy

"The big guy is right, Baldy," Revy said cocking the hammer on one of her guns.  "Plus, I don't take kindly to guys hitting woman, or hurting them in general.  So go ahead and swing, if you wanna die for nothing."

"That aside, Kratos.  We talked, you and I.  And we both understand that, while there is no guarantee, we still have each other.  We, the Counter Corps.  We, are worth fighting for," Kenpachi said at last.  Kratos reluctantly sheathed his blade, and turned his back to Arthuria, facing Kenpachi.  "Maybe you're right.  I--"  "We know Kratos.  And that's why we're fighting.  Everyone here has been through something.  You're not alone.  Not anymore."  Kenpachi and Kratos nodded at each other, and Revy put her gun away.  Revy rushed over and helped Arthuria to her feet, while Kratos turned to apologize.  "I'm sorry, Arthuria.  The thought of having nothing. . .well, I'm sure you understand.  These blades are not meant for you," he said looking through the portal behind Arthuria.  "They are meant for the Divine."  Without another word, Kratos jumped in head first.

"Arrogant bastard," Revy called after him.  "Arthuria.  I'll kick him a couple times, for you," she said winking, before falling gracefully backwards into the portal behind Kratos.  Kenpachi and Yachiru remained behind, and Kenpachi approached Arthuria.  "You're not Emiya, but I can see you care all the same.  I am grateful for you telling us the truth.  It stings, but I get your reasoning."  Kenpachi moved towards the portal, but did not go through just yet.  "If I never see you again, Arthuria.  You have my thanks."  Finally falling forwards, Yachiru at his side-- "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!"  "HAHAHA!"  Kenpachi and Yachiru would choose their own paths, while Revy and Kratos chose separately.   Locked in a white room, with only three choices, and separated from any other persons.  It was a scary thought, but needed nonetheless.  

Divine, Hollow Asteroid, Jace's POV

Of all the things Jace could ever expect to see...this wasn't one of them.

The floor began to open up from the center, crumbling away to reveal a rainbow swirl of energy moving in a variety of directions, gathering and seperating, constantly changing its array of colors as if it was visual music.

Jace didn't get the vague feeling of famliarity, no. Instead, the portal reminded the blue-clad Planeswalker of the Blind Eternities, too much like the Blind Eternities...

The portal kept on spreading until it had covered a twelve-meter radius, and even he had to back away as it approached to not accidentally fall in. He looked up and tried to peer into the stranger's mind, the one that appeared in charge of this whole thing...

Jace gulped when he realized he couldn't even feel the man's mind. Either it was completely-cloaked to keep his own inquisitive mind out or the crazy person didn't have one to begin with.

"All our lives, we've been going back and forth, here and there. Accomplishing things and losing things, seemingly without gain, seemingly without END, but now we are finally going to the one place we've been meant to be all along. And that is the Path of Origin."

I can not let anyone through that portal, he thought to himself, his heart thumping in his chest. There's no telling what the Blind Eternities would do to someone that's not a Planeswalker!

"I assume you've all prepared by now, so jump into the swirl below whenever you feel like it. It will consume you, and it will perhaps hurt a little, but you'll soon find yourself at a white room - alone - with three doors. Should be obvious which one is Death, which one is Truth, and one is Remembrance. If not, then you're quite possibly an idiot and should get your IQ checked before you can even begin to attain the Door's power."

Jace, calm down, he told himself before walking toward the front of the group, finally pulling the hood of his cloak over his head after leaning his head forward enough to hide the blue glow from his eyes. In his place remained what looked like a solid double of himself while the original cautiously moved away in an invisible state, doing his best not to make contact with anyone between himself or his double as he tried to find a better place to hide than out in the open. The copy looked up as it began to narrow its no-longer glowing eyes, the look of protectiveness now on its face.

"This is the final countdown. For you see, now, NOW is the time to claim your rightful place as the Divine. Thus, I beseech of each and every one of you to fight. Just fight. If you truly wish to realize your desires...then fight."

"So, you're not gonna tell them that even if anyone does survive the fall through the Eternities, there's no guarentee that they'll be able to get out," the double asked in Jace's place, arms crossing in front of it as the original recalled the warning given to him by the strange illusion in the guilded cage. "Even I can't escape once though."

Even with his warning did at least one being jump forward anyway, a black dragon the size of a Great Dane flying forward toward the portal's summoner with her small wings spread out and claws stretched forward toward the key before he could even react either with the illusionary double or himself...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Divine, Hollow Asteroid, Tesability's POV

Mages, oh, how she hated mages. To see in front of her someone floating in the air and then opening up a portal underneath them made the little dragon growl, narrowing her black eyes at the source of her hatred. Oh, she was listening to their 'host', alright. Just long enough to get the information she needed in order to complete this so-called 'maze' and bring her home reality back into existence.

She could have kept her cool around one of them, but when the man dressed in blue spoke in ways that matched a mage's, she snapped.

Without a second thought did the little dragon charge forward, her solid-colored eyes filled with misplaced rage as she aimed for the key to the Door in his hand...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Counter Corps, Cargo Bay of the Aeon Spaceship, Neos' POV

"I'm sure you are all aware of the chaos that Isamy Maximus caused. She stole precious artifacts from your universes, and caused so much distortions that they all collapsed into absolute hell."

Precious Artifacts...so much distortions... Neos was still listening to everything that was said by the lady in charge of this mission, thankful he had been saved from guarenteed torture in the world he had been pulled from. However, his own heart literally stopped for five seconds upon hearing one line.

"In case you don't understand, all your friends are gone. Everyone you've ever known is gone. And... I do not even know if there'll be an afterlife for them."

"Mistress Mew," were the words he quietly breathed to himself in response. The thought that she, and the rest of his home, was gone stung more than anything else. It also steeled his resolve, that the maze has to be completed at all costs to return reality back to normal.

Then a thought crossed his mind out of nowhere.

He knew someone that could be considered a 'precious Artifact' for one of the worlds he's been on, especially considering how it was turning onto its own head after the man left and strangely never returned...

"Um, dear," Neos asked as he came forward toward the group's front, one of his verbal tics revealed as he adressed Arturia with a respectful tone after she spoke her final words, moving his hat from his head to over his chest and giving a small bow before continuing to speak. "I realize you mentioned Artifacts much, much earlier, but I have a question for you. Do you know if this Isamy character captured any Artifacts that were also human?"

A worried look was on his yellow-tinted face as he asked the unusual question, the face of one of his friends flashing in front of his eyes when he should be focused on the task. "If she did, I think I know someone that may have be taken hostage. Without him, his reality will blink back out of existence in a short amount of time even if you do get your wish granted."

Archived