The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

"Tenco"

Pathway of Death, B10

"The role of Guardian is simple. Once a traveller has bested the three Pathways, they will return to the White Room, which will then allow you to move on to Prologuous, the prelude before the Pathway to Origin, and then Origin itself. It is the role of Guardian to challenge any travelers who come to Prologuous, to prove they are worthy of Origin's power. Many, do not survive. As Gatekeeper, I allow those who triumph over me to pass on to the Pathway to Origin. As for the Key, it is of special interest, as this is the first time the Key was ever returned to the Pathways. It is troubling as the one holding it is one who should never be allowed to possess Origin's power. Protheus Maximus is a danger to all of existence, and any attempts he made to use Origin will bring immense harm to the entire omniverse"

"Hmm, I think I get what you mean, somewhat." The blue-haired girl was glad that so far, the Archon seemed to be quite the reasonable authority figure, explaining things with enough details. Some of his answers seemed questionable, but for now, she would just wait until the figure finished speaking. The fiery woman and her guy seemed to stay around too, at the moment, despite their earlier attempt to leave.

"As for what happened to me? That is an unfortunate tale indeed."

"W-wait, what happened then? What do you mean by unfortunate?" The Archon seemed to leave his sentence hanging at that point, which piqued the girl's curiosity. Seeing as it might possibly her only chance of asking questions to him or leading him away towards Protheus, the girl proceed to press on with her questions.

"Then...I'm still not sure about something too. What do you mean by triumphing over you? Does that mean I-uh, I mean we need to defeat you? And since Protheus is already here and you too being here...

Wouldn't you try doing something to him?"

iU8EggM.png

Kazuya Minegishi

Pathway of Death, A10-A12

"Yeah, let's go. No point waiting around when we've still got to finish this path.

This place really is creepy, I'll be glad once we get out of here."

"Yeah, I really agree with you about that."

The two walking through the last stretch of the pathway only being illuminated by the faint street lights near them. Even with the slight hint of light, the pathway still was very eerie - a feeling that got strengthened for Kazuya since Ayame reminded him about it. Though, it's unlikely that they would face another enemy at this point, so they could merrily continue their walk, at least.

"Hey...Ayame...I'm just curious, but...do you see the battle you just had earlier as having any specific meaning behind it? I honestly don't know what mine actually meant. It felt like it's trying to say something profound - reminding me of something important, but whatever it is, it missed me.

Maybe asking you about it would shed some light on what would the main purpose of our battles earlier be."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nero ~ Where the Doors Once Were

Indeed Nero did return to the room where he first began, as he did each time he went through these Doors, however, this time it was different. Nero would notice how the doors were no longer there as he originally thought but what replaced them was this long white corridor.

The doors are no longer here...the corridors are the next step. he thought, before slowly approached the corridor.

Music Box

Wonder who else made it...

Nero made his way through the white corridor, seeing multiple other intersecting and even intertwining corridors within it. Nevertheless, he would find that these corridors would end up leading him in the same location: a tiled landmass floating over a rippling rainbow sea. Tall ice-like glass walls are raised all around the floating mass, and through these are where the corridors end. One very noticeable trait about this place is that physics are very haphazard in how they work, altering from high to low gravity in certain areas. At the center of this domain is a large tree with a clock coiled out its branches, and three stone pillars.

Welcome...to Prologuous

He was in awe of the grandiose area he found himself, almost reminding him of when he first went to Radiant Gardens. Something about the architecture and even appearance of it overall was quite impressive. Nevertheless, he noticed something about the three pillars that surrounded the clock tree.

They have the corresponding colors as the three doors... he thought, glancing at the three pillars. Perhaps a beacon to our success of clearing the pathways...

However the weirdness would not stop there. His eyes were dragged away from the pillars to see quite the number of individuals gathered around what seemed like an angelic being made of pure light. Nero made his strides to slowly approach the group, about the time he heard the being speak:

"After so long in darkness, I am truly free. You have my thanks mortals, the thanks of Archon the Resolute, Guardian of Prologuous and Keeper of the Gateway to Origin"

One who was once enshrouded in darkness, found it's light. Nero could only smirk slightly at hearing this, it obviously being hope to others lost in darkness to someday find their light. Nevertheless, he was a bit confused now...

"Prologuous...well that would answer my question on where I've come to. And your response also tells me who you are..." Nero said, speaking out from behind the small group that crowded before Archon.

[[Pathway of Death: B10]]

"Wouldn't you try doing something to him?"

"That is against the rules. Truth be told it is normally impossible for me to leave Prologuous, however, the Gemini construct created an enormous discrepancy in the Pathways, as it is simultaneously existing across four different domains, that being the three Pathways and Prologuous. While the Pathways and Prologuous are all separated, somehow its ties to Origin have allowed it to exist in multiple domains, and be connected through them. I'm using the terminal Gemini in Prologuous in order to act through this Gemini, as well as the Geminis in other Pathways. My corrupted self devised this plan, but I am using it in order to see ahead. However, as Guardian of Prologuous it is not my place to test those on the Pathways, as that is what the constructs are for. As such, I cannot fight Protheus Maximus until he finally makes it to Prologuous. Of course, I am entitled to defend myself, should it come to that. And it most likely will, given the Omni's violent nature" Archon sighed. "Also, yes, triumph over me. In order to prove yourself worthy of the power of Origin, you must defeat me in battle at Prologuous. How else would you prove your worth? Simply finding the Key? Any fool could do that given enough time."

Team Dorian: Prologous

Dorian and the team looked on as they waited for this new and improved Avatar to actually do something but it was worth noting that other people started to arrive down the paths. Butler looked around and realized that this new person might have been somewhat strong. Hmm have I met this being before Butler thought to himself. Yeah I agree he smells...familiar added chibi Ragnarok. 

But that didn't matter it was time to focus on the new guardian that was presented before them.  Butler looked around to examine the RUkh of everyone present. With his new found understanding of the Rukh it was clear that the pathways have matured people into proper meals for Ragnarok. In fact, most of these pure souls looked extremely delicious. Though this could have been just the hunger talking since he had to empty out the vast majority of his soul stash just to survive the forced soul rejection. Butler put his hand on his chin and pondered the possible outcomes of what was to come. The thirst was getting slightly uncontrollable, but hopefully he wouldn't have to keep his composure for much longer.

"Tenco"
Pathway of Death B10-B14

"That is against the rules. Truth be told it is normally impossible for me to leave Prologuous, however, the Gemini construct created an enormous discrepancy in the Pathways, as it is simultaneously existing across four different domains, that being the three Pathways and Prologuous. While the Pathways and Prologuous are all separated, somehow its ties to Origin have allowed it to exist in multiple domains, and be connected through them. I'm using the terminal Gemini in Prologuous in order to act through this Gemini, as well as the Geminis in other Pathways. My corrupted self devised this plan, but I am using it in order to see ahead. However, as Guardian of Prologuous it is not my place to test those on the Pathways, as that is what the constructs are for. As such, I cannot fight Protheus Maximus until he finally makes it to Prologuous. Of course, I am entitled to defend myself, should it come to that. And it most likely will, given the Omni's violent nature"

Well I tried, I guess.

"That's...disappointing, but reasonable.This Gemini...fellow you mentioned sounds pretty interesting. Welp, perhaps this conflict would continue for quite a while in this case." As said, the blue-haired girl was bummed of the fact the Archon couldn't actually act on Protheus right now, but she thought that of course things wouldn't be as easy. In that case, that would leave...

"Also, yes, triumph over me. In order to prove yourself worthy of the power of Origin, you must defeat me in battle at Prologuous. How else would you prove your worth? Simply finding the Key? Any fool could do that given enough time."

"...Ah. So that must be done, huh?

In that case...see you later!" Hearing the invitation of challenge, the girl started to get fired up. An inexplicably familiar feeling...a thirst of battle and adventure, perhaps? Seeing the Avatar presenting himself as a genuine obstacle, she became determined to finish the pathway as soon as possible. She would've liked to wait for Eria and her harem, but maybe they'd be finished soon, and she couldn't afford to miss fighting the Archon at this rate.

"Fiery lady, hoodie man, see you two later!" With that said, the girl turned around, and utilized reinforcement on her legs before she ran as fast as she could through the street lamps area. She ran through it without meeting any obstacles, and kept on continuing. She ran and ran, until she found herself in the final area once more.

‘Are you willing to embrace your fate’?

"Of course...I won't! I'm not going to embrace pointlessness and nothingness! We...I...have decided on something to fight for! If fate's going to be in my way, then I'll break through it if it allows me to seek the future!" No single doubt was apparent from her voice now. Full of confidence of herself, she rushed forward as soon as the barrier was lifted, and she soon was teleported back to her White Room. Only one way was there for her to replace the three of before. It must be the way to Prologuous that the Archon mentioned earlier.

"No turning back now...yeah, let's do it.

Even if he's far stronger than me...even if I will lose badly, he's an obstacle. No way I wouldn't fight him."

Truth be told, the girl was mainly ecstatic of the prospect since she had absolutely no fights so far that she could do without any emotional baggages. Seeing the prospect of fighting for the sake of fighting, the implications aside, filled her with a then-unfamiliar feeling of excitement and rush. She didn't care how badly she'd get beat up, or that she's risking her life in an admittedly stupid way, but well...so be it. Maybe she'd get help, maybe not. Whatever happened, it's a part of her way to seek out the future that she wished for. With her resolve strengthened, she walked through the corridor before her, and towards the area beyond it. A vast circular area with nothing of note aside from the people in it. She could see a lot of people doing different things, perhaps members of the Divine and the Corps. She could see Dorian and his suspicious friends, but no Gyokuen. Good riddance. But, they're not the ones she's focusing on right now. A bright, radiant angelic being without a face and adorned with ten wings was on the center of the area. The girl smiled when she approached him, before pointing her summoned sword towards him.

"Well, as I said, I'm here now. You said you had to be overcome if we want to go anywhere, right?

I'm sorry if I'm acting absentminded like I am now, but since you issued the challenge, then I suppose it's my joy to answer it, right?

Then so be it, Archon the Resolute!

The fun has only just begun!"

"Tenco"

Prologuous

[[Another Time, Another Place: Prologuous]]

The foolish child was certainly quite upfront, but, it seems she was desperate to battle. A pity, considering Archon was just going to LET them move on without a fight, but, she made the challenge. It was his duty oblige her. "Very well" Archon answered.

Thesis of the Resolute

Rising high into the air, Tenco followed him into the sky by some unknown, unseen force. High above, a shimmering platform was forming, stable enough to allow Tenco to stand her as her body penetrated it. The young yokai was allowed to stand on her own feet, with Prologuous far below. With the stage set, Archon raised his hand to the sky, forming a great sword of light, with a blade almost as long as he. Holding it defensively, Archon held out a shimmering hand to the foolish child. "Prove your resolve before Origin, child. Prove you are worthy to pass on!"

And then more people showed up. This was becoming quite the party. Dorian turned his head as he sense Tenco's cosmos enter through the door. Dorian looked up at this mighty thing of holiness and noticed that it was not moving. Maybe its concentration was split. Maybe it was just statue and just exuded aura for no real purpose. To be fair the last time they tried to interact with this creature it did not go so well. Dorian looked around and noticed not much was happening until Butlerok gave a little insight. 

I think we are supposed to fight that creature. He said trying to hide his malevolent grin. 

Didn't we have this conversation already? Calm your malice. Rhadamanthys replied firmly. 

That is not why I have come to this conclusion...well that is partially the reason. It is Ms. Tenco over there in the distance. Butlerok replied.

Wait how do you know Ms. Tenco? I only met her on my last pathway. Dorian interjected. 

It is quite simple, I have all of Gyokuen's Rukh and therefore all of her memories. Seeing as I did not choose to filter them in anyway I know a lot of useless information. Next, while I cannot see her fully, I can tell through an outline of her magical aura that she is pointing her sword at the creature. Butlerok explained. 

Before Dorian could respond with the logical nod it seemed as if the previously still Avatar Light Mode acknowledge Miss Tenco and moved them upward to a more appropriate battle setting. Dorian tilted his head as without a second thought he and the rest of his team took to the skies. Naturally they didn't want to miss this showdown. As the elevated and saw the new platform Dorian could only ask one question to the massive light Lord in the skies.

Is she about to fight because she wasn't here when took down the black monster thing that you came from? And while we're at it why do we even have to fight? Did we not do this already? Dorian asked the massive being of light.

~Counter Corps - Path of Death - Jace's POV~

"In order to prove yourself worthy of the power of Origin, you must defeat me in battle at Prologuous."

Jace heard nothing else after this line was said by the Archon, though he technically heard everything that had been set. Soon after the lady that had referred to him as 'hoodie man' for a second earlier bolted off, Jace couldn't help but open his mouth to speak with a dangerously-flat tone.

"So...you're saying that only the physically or magically strong are allowed to make use of this place, even if their use of this place would endanger many if not every one. That someone like Protheus would be able to have a chance to use the power of his place for his own personal gain, while someone with a more positive goal is doomed if they do not carry any real physical strength nor carry enough power in their magic."

At this point did Jace raise the hood of his cloak over his head, finally recasting the illusion that had once been hiding the...he couldn't even call what he was wearing an outfit, even in his head. Unfortunately, he already knew he was outmatched, but unlike the last time the odds were like this, he didn't have the thoughts of many with similar fighting styles to pull ideas for how to fight from. This wouldn't be like being forced into a fight with one of the Gruul.

Then...he started laughing, with a hint of a maniacal tone to his voice.

"Forced into a slumber for over a month, then suddenly thrown into someplace like this with absolutely zero chance of getting out alive. At least what I would have wanted done would be granted anyway, since I would no longer even exist to have even affected their lives."

...someone needs to slap sense into the mindmage literally.

(Permission granted to have someone smack him onto his ass.)

[[Pathway of Death: B10]]

Archon!Gemini shrugged nonchalantly, completely blasé to Jace's madness. "That's not the right way to put it. You see, it was only after the Pathways and the Door of Origin were constructed did those who made it, in a sudden fit of common-sense, realise that no one person should ever have the power to decide the fate of all things. That's a fact I desperately tried to drill into Isamy Maximus' head, even while I was Avatar Conflictous. Whether you have good intentions, or bad, no one person deserves to own the right to decide the fate of the Omniverse. Protheus desires to live forever, tormenting all of existence as he sees fit for eternity. Isamy desired all to live "happily ever after", despite blatantly ignoring the fact that happiness is relative. Every person has their own idea of happiness, and naturally such ideals clash. Some people cannot find happiness without drinking in the misery of others. Yet, she was so insistent, as her pride refused to allow her to back down and die. This was the reason I was created in the first place, to destroy those who would try to use Origin's power, as with either good or bad intentions, you will still bring harm to the omniverse, because no one being could ever, EVER understand the thoughts and needs of an infinite number of sentient beings. Those that come here ultimately face one reality, overcome me and claim your prize, or die trying. A selfish person would foolishly fight me, and die trying. A selfless person would see the folly of their actions, and either die willingly, or, and this is a vain hope, they use the Key on Origin, and just send themselves back. Divine and Counter Corp, you were both sent here to die, both for selfish reasons alone. I'm sorry I have to tell you that, but it is the truth. You are both being used as puppets by your leaders" Archon explained grimly. "This entire war of yours, and all that it stands for, has been utterly pointless."

iU8EggM.png

Archon shrugged while waiting for Tenco to act. "She made the decision to fight, it is my duty to honour that request" he answered lazily.

"Tenco"
Prologuous

"Very well"

The Archon accepted her challenge without much fanfare. Not a second later, the blue-haired girl was lifted upwards by some sort of unseen force, slowly rising towards what looked like a floating arena. At first, the girl was somewhat anxious of facing such an unknown, powerful enemy alone like this, but as she materialized on top of the arena, she casted off those thoughts. It's too late for regretting the decision, the only way left is forward. Before her was the magnificent angel, seemingly ready to smite her down for her insolence.

"Prove your resolve before Origin, child. Prove you are worthy to pass on!"

"That...is why I'm here!

Gradation Air!"

Scarlet temperaments were spread around the arena, and from them vague shapes of swords started to form. The swords soon turn solid, and hovered around the girl. She could hear Dorian's voice not far away from her, seemingly talking with the Archon about something. The hand that held her sword shook for a bit. The figure before her was someone even more overwhelming than the Arthuria construct she faced in Death. He might even be more powerful than Protheus, but she was unsure of it. He could probably kill her in one hit.

Yet she hadn't been more excited about a battle before in her short life. She had never feel lighter before. Shaking with excitement on the prospect of fighting such foe without being tortured by her own emotions, the girl even had to keep herself reined before she attacked the angelic being impulsively. She took one breath. The swords all turned, pointed towards the Archon.
Another drew of her breath. Temperaments roaming free on the pathway gathered on her swords.
The blue haired girl took one last breath, before she pointed her swords towards the Archon.

"Tear through the firmament, Scarlet Sky Rapture!"

The swords moved away from each other and a magic circle formed between them, and it's followed by a humongous crimson beam coming from the circle, moving rapidly towards the Archon, and engulfing the arena with its light.

"If it's to create a future, I'll take anyone down, including you.

Even if fate has decided it, I'll just change the ending it wished if I have to!"

"Tear through the firmament, Scarlet Sky Rapture!"

Hmm hmm hmm... fool....

"BRILLIANT RAPTURE! TEN TURNS TO INFINITY!"

Countering her attack, Archon's wings detached from his body not even affecting his levitating form as golden eyes opened on each of the wings. Each pulsating pupils unleashed their own radiant beams, the ten meeting in the middle to form an even larger blast, which rapidly pushed back Tenco's own assault. Crouching low, Archon leapt higher into the air, far above the clashing beams. Holding out his glowing long sword, Archon raised it to the sky. "TEST OF TEMPERANCE! INFINITE DIVIDE!"

The blade extended to ten times its original length, which barely even bothered Archon with how unwieldy it was as he swung with great speed, the enormous blade slicing through the platform on its way to slice Tenco. And, as a fail safe, four of his wings broke formation, their beams ending as they kept watch on Tenco, preparing for her movements the moment she made them. The clash was slowed down, but his remaining six wings were still more than enough to keep pushing Tenco's assault back.

"BRILLIANT RAPTURE! TEN TURNS TO INFINITY!"

Not wasting any beats, the Archon countered with a beam far more powerful than hers. However, she soon realized that the Archon had moved away from his position to somewhere above her. In response, she casted a reinforcement spell on herself before moving away from the blast area, leaving the beam to her magic circle, even if it wouldn't last much longer. However, it seemed that she walked into a trap - the Archon  swung a gigantic blade right towards her. Not having time to use her main sword to analyze and break the blade, she moved aside as fast as she could. But, she couldn't move fast enough, and had her left arm cleaved for her troubles, narrowly missing her body.

"Ugh..."

She winced in pain as blood gushed forth from the wound. The arm probably had been crushed to paste as the sword cleaved through the arena. The Archon's beam was weakening, but it continued to push her own beam back. As soon as the Archon realized her position, he would definitely redirect the attack back at her. Facing this kind of odds, the girl smiled as she declared her next attack.

"Turnabout: Change Air Brave!"

Her own beam stopped as the swords forming the circle turn bright gold. As the overwhelming force of the Archon's attack passed through the magic circle, a significant portion of the force disappeared, allowing her to dodge most of the beam, only grazing it slightly. In the meantime, Tenco used her healing magic to close off the wound inflicted by the big sword, as she pointed her main blade towards the Archon up above, a magic circle forming on its tip.

"Splitter: Infinite Skies Divider!" Using what her swords had gathered from the Archon's attack, the blue-haired girl slashed the air before her several times - each swings creating a shockwave of pure energy aimed towards the Archon. Then, as a good measure, she used the rest of the energy she absorbed to reinforce her physical capabilities further. This time, she wouldn't let herself be caught off-guard by him anymore.

Annnnd the fight was on. Wave after wave of attacks were thrown between the two combatants. Dorian and the rest of the team simply looked back and forth like a game of tennis. Dorian snickered as he wondered about the futility of it all. To be fair they could have intervened and probably attacked the new deity, but it did not seem worth. Oh...why? Why do these heroes constantly put themselves through these paces. Dorian reflected on his journey and despite dying and what happened soon after he had quite the fun experience to be so close to the end game. Lessons learned new enemies made...Not so many new friends though. Nevertheless a whole new perspective on how the world and actually now the multiverse. Dorian tilted his head and he realized that he actually had the original card he had came here for. No longer did he want to inflict massive amounts of suffering and malice onto his enemies. In fact, he was beyond that now. The whole revenge theme that motivated him to make moves in the first place seemed so frivolous now. Which is why he was now putting his stock into this new idea. Hopefully, everything proceeds smoothly and when this is all done he will be whole again. Ugh its hard to have patience. Dorian said muttering to himself.

"Splitter: Infinite Skies Divider!"

With their beam struggle over, Archon's wings took the sky like ugly as all sin birds. "TEST OF TEMPERANCE! MEANINGFUL SACRIFICE!"

At his command, the eyes on his wings locked on to a shockwave, and suicided into them. For every wing fallen, a new one grew from his back; and in no short order were all 10 wings returned to him, his form untouched by her attacks. Archon grunted some modicum of respect as his blade returned to its usual length. He swished it in the air experimentally, his stance still held defensively "You possess some strength, but it would appear finesse is not your strong suit. If you are trying to win, then you are going to need a winning hand if you wish to triumph over me. TEST OF THE TOWER! WORLD'S RUIN!" he screamed.

With a furious fist, Archon punched the air in font of him, creating a large crack in reality. Fissures snaked out of the crack like a spider's web, all of them heading towards Tenco. "Run child, or return to Origin!"

"TEST OF TEMPERANCE! MEANINGFUL SACRIFICE!"

The Archon stopped her onslaught by using the pieces of his wing that the girl failed to notice. The wings soon grew back on his back, and he didn't seem to be in a worse condition than before. He swished his now normal-sized sword around, didn't seem to keen to relentlessly continue his onslaught for now. The blue-haired girl took a deep breath, as her magic still internally readjust her own body's capability to accept the reinforcements she just used. She still didn't bother to try healing off her cut arm, thinking that it would be wasting too much of her reserves before she could fully access them.

"You possess some strength, but it would appear finesse is not your strong suit. If you are trying to win, then you are going to need a winning hand if you wish to triumph over me. "

"A winning...hand?" The girl replied with a questioning tone. But she didn't get her answer as the Archon immediately followed his remark with another attack.

"TEST OF THE TOWER! WORLD'S RUIN!" The Archon punched the air near it, creating cracks in reality that traveled around the sky towards the arena. It was as if she could just fall through the fissure into nothingness.

"Run child, or return to Origin!"

"If what I'm going to do is running away, then why would I be here in the first place against you?!

Soar to the sky, Wings of Light!" Crimson wings made of temperaments sprouted once more from her back, and she immediately dashed away from the cracks near her and on the skies. However, even as she dodged the cracks from the Archon's attack, she rushed towards the angelic guardian's direction as she summoned more swords that hovered following her. Once she was close enough, she had the dozens of summoned swords spread out and fire beams of light towards the Archon.

And following that, without any hesitation, Tenco dived in at him as fast as she could with her sword aimed at his neck.

"If what I'm going to do is running away, then why would I be here in the first place against you?! Soar to the sky, Wings of Light!"

He could admire her passion, but did have to pity her stupidity. A second to everyone else was a mere eternity to his mind, and everything seemed to slow down to a crawl as Archon observed her. Guns blazing, a desperate diving attack to follow up in order to strike him head on... just as planned. "Test of the Fool! Where All Things Begin" the angelic being uttered solemnly.

A pulse issued forth from his being, inverting the colours of the world. All of Prologuous was covered in this inversion, and every inhabitant excluding Archon too was inverted, and slowed down immensely. To his perception, time had practically frozen. To the others, he would be moving so fast he would be next to impossible to even see. He now had all the time in the world, but he only needed the smallest faction of it. Gliding through the air, Archon moved behind Tenco, mapping her assigned path. With a few nods, portals formed on her trajectory, timed to fire when she passed. After a few routine positions, the patterns suddenly lost all reason, factoring in the rag doll experience. A mental X was etched on the glowing platform, to show where Tenco would land. Of course, in hindsight.... The portals immediately changed their positions, to factor in the fact that Archon slashed and cut off Tenco's wings, which would cause her to decline into free-fall. "Daedric Arrows" Archon muttered, feathers shedding from his wings.

They all scattered in the air briefly, all of them aiming at Tenco before being frozen in time. Their aim was to impale and explode on her, but the damage would be minimum. Nodding to himself, Archon distance himself far behind the human. "Test of the Fool! The Journey Begins!"

With that decree the time-lock ended, everything returning back to normal speed. Remembering the mental spot, Archon pointed a finger at it while the rest of his onslaught prepared to do its worst. "Test of Judgement! Failure is Not an Option!"

He did not fire, but merely charge his attack. Watching his assault at work, Archon counted fastidiously, until he reached the right moment. The small bead of energy became a thing beam, aimed right for where Tenco was about to land... hard.

"Test of the Fool! Where All Things Begin"

"Test of the Fool! The Journey Begins!"

The Archon disappeared from her sight in what could be said as an instant, and what followed was the realization that he had clipped her wings without realizing it. Before she could even react to it, a peculiarly-shaped arrow pierced her skin before exploding, blastibng her aside only for her to be hit by another arrow and explosion, which then followed by another and a lot others in rapid succession, followed by more and more. She was helplessly juggled like a ragdoll mid-air with the blasts from the exploding arrows without even getting the chance to set up a barrier to defend herself like what she did against the specter. When the last one had finished firing, gravity finally caught on with her, and she unceremoniously fell into the grounds of the arena below - only for a thin beam of light hit the spot where she landed, creating an explosion that caught her completely and engulfed her body.

The smoke soon dissipated, revealing the girl lying on the ground, her gaze looking upwards towards the Avatar. She was still barely able to think of what had just happened to her. Burnt flesh, deep wound, and heavy bleeding. Losing blood rapidly, it was hard for her to focus her mind to heal herself. But right now, seemingly uncaring about her own wounds, the girl only thought about what just had happened. It was unlike anything that she had faced before. Different from Arthuria's relentless and brutal, yet straightforward assault, and different from the hardheaded random attack coming from that one idiot.

"I...I'm not going to die here.

I'm definitely going to..d..defeat you."

She said weakly as she lie on the ground, still staring at the Archon's general direction above. Her body had been completely smashed up and broken down from the barrage of attacks. Not being able to protect herself this time really made it take a big toll on her. She could barely move, and her mind was getting more and more hazy, Though, facing with what looked like a certain death for her, it didn't really feel that bad, it didn't feel bad at all. Even if she died here, it wouldn't be something that she would regret. The girl sighed a bit, looking perfectly content.

"Ah...so it's...what a true fight feels like. Fighting for what I truly believe in...as stupid as it is...doesn't feel bad at all."

Not feeling any burdens or ill will, the girl closed her eyes; not having enough energy to even say anything else. Maybe a good sleep would do her battered body well for now. Wonder when she'd wake up? It'd probably be a long sleep, that one was what she knew about.

"It'll be alright in the end...everything is going to be alright soon."

The girl smiled as the Archon descended towards her.

"I...I'm not going to die here. I'll definitely going to..d..defeat you."

That would not be the case, this was something Archon knew as he descended like a heavenly figure above her. His light seemed even more radiant than before, his hand reached out to Tenco. "No, I'm afraid you are going to return to Origin, Tenco, offshoot of Tenshi Hinanawi. You fought valiantly, but you have lost. You either win, or you lose, and your power is not enough to save you. And I won't allow the others to do so as well. I want you to understand something, girl. I want you to know, before you return to the great beyond, that your ideals, your hopes... they were childish pandering. You had no heart for any of this, just bone-headed determination and foolish courage. You are nothing more than a stubborn brat who was trying to play superhero. But, in this war, there are no heroes, there are no villains. Just endless bloodshed. That is the truth I will expound to you, Tenco. You do not have what it takes to wield Origin's power, for you are too naive and idealistic to deserve it. The moment you even heard of fighting me, you took that chance and challenged me, one on one. You never even saw failure as an OPTION! As a consequence of your foolhardy actions, there is nothing left for you here. Go now in peace child, return to Origin... Test of the World... All Good Things Must Come to an End" Archon intoned forlornly.

With a wave of his hand, Tenco's body painlessly turned to dust, cast out on the wind of Archon's wings. Tenco, AKA Tenshi Hinanawi, had returned to Origin.

Yukari Yakumo

Prologuous

"That girl...wonder what going on her mind in the end. She didn't seem to be disappointed or mad with that smile on her face, but throwing her life away like that...Is she really just that dumb, or...?

Ah, as pitiful as it is, there's no time to think more about this."

From inside of her boundary world, Yukari watched as the short fight between the alternate Tenshi and the angelic being that was once the Avatar that had been purged by Reimu not too long ago. The girl didn't last long, and soon was defeated in what looked like a short moment - although the wonky boundaries around the time moments before she was utterly decimated indicated a sort of time or space manipulation, and the way the being suddenly reappeared would make it seem that a time-manipulation ability was more likely. After the girl turned to dust due to the mercy given by the Archon, Yukari sighed before turning around to look at Reimu's condition. The shrine maiden was still completely exhausted and unconscious, but the odd sphere that floated around her seemingly was supplying her the energy to recover. She would be fine, perhaps, so Yukari decided to try starting a conversation with the Archon now that the battle was over.

But, a glint near the Archon's position caught her attention beforehand. Curious as of what it was, Yukari summoned a gap on that position, and connected it with another gap on her hand. She grabbed the object that came from it, and was somewhat surprised that it was actually the Sword of Hisou, although she couldn't really shake off the feeling that something was off about it. She was also surprised that the sword did not burn her hand when she touched it unlike normally. However, it's not really something important to think about now. Perhaps she could look into it more later, but right n now she had to do something else. The gap swallowed the sword off Yukari's hand, placing it beside the unconscious Reimu in her gap world. A memento of the girl, and perhaps something she could utilize sooner or later in her favor. With that having been addressed, she disappeared into a gap, before reappearing before the Archon, solemnly looking at the divine being.

"It's a real pity to see her waste away like that...but I guess it can't be helped. I don't know her that much aside from a few interaction we had and the time I gave her an advice regarding her love life, honestly speaking. Though, she didn't seem to be that bad aside from being pretty hardheaded and...short on thought, to say it politely.

But, where's my manner anyway, immediately jumping to conversations like this?

Greetings, Archon the Resolute. I am Yukari Yakumo, and I believe I have some questions to ask to you.

It might be a bit unreasonable for me to ask this, but perhaps, I am curious about what kind of people you see as being fit of using the Door? Or...well, what am I thinking, the real question would be...do you see any kind of mortal as even worthy of using it? Such unprecedented power shouldn't be given to the wrong person, yes. But should it even be given to anyone?"

It was sad to see a life so pitifully wasted, but, that is the fate of the foolish, after all. The poor child had honestly failed before she had even begun, such was the failure of an inverted Fool. "It's a real pity to see her waste away like that...but I guess it can't be helped."

Ah, that was Yukari, prompt as ever, it would be.

"I don't know her that much aside from a few interaction we had and the time I gave her an advice regarding her love life, honestly speaking. Though, she didn't seem to be that bad aside from being pretty hardheaded and...short on thought, to say it politely. But, where's my manner anyway, immediately jumping to conversations like this? Greetings, Archon the Resolute. I am Yukari Yakumo, and I believe I have some questions to ask to you. It might be a bit unreasonable for me to ask this, but perhaps, I am curious about what kind of people you see as being fit of using the Door? Or...well, what am I thinking, the real question would be...do you see any kind of mortal as even worthy of using it? Such unprecedented power shouldn't be given to the wrong person, yes. But should it even be given to anyone?"

Archon's head tilted, as if he were smiling wryly at the yokai. "Do you honestly even need an answer to that?" he retorted.

"As a matter of fact...I guess not. I doubt your answer is going to be much different from the Avatar's answer." Yukari replied. The Archon's question was more closely resembling a rhetoric, though it just felt right to answer him anyway. Yukari was not really looking for a fight - if anything, it would be a futile and pointless thing to do without the Archon threatening anyone right now.

"I suppose that girl was just trying to prove otherwise, no? Guess in the end she just end up reinforcing your points instead."

Was the Archon intent on doing anything to the people currently on the place? Would he even allow anyone to pass him to reach the unchanging Root? It would be in a bad taste for her to ask about it up front. It's something she should just think about once Arthuria and Protheus fell. Ensuring that even happen in the first place would be her priority.

"The Omni and the Counter Guardian seem to be already close to this place. As you said, there's no villains, nor heroes here - only bloodshed. Yet the conflict need a resolution, in the end. As the guardian of this place, I assume that you had no intentions to handle either side and cease this conflict from continuing unless they threatened this place. I guess that makes the only way to resolve this would be to hold to what one believed to be the right thing to do, as selfish as it is.

So, what do you intend to do now?"

And the winner is...the all powerful guardian of the Origin. Sorta anti-climatic when you think about it. Ragnarok said inside the mind of the Kishin. Butler nodded but he did raise an eyebrow. I wonder if it was intentional that he removed her from my reach. I would have enjoyed devouring her soul and Rukh. Ragnarok rolled his eyes and then he realized that there was someone who he had forgotten about this whole time. Awww I wonder what Sephiroth is doing right now. I can't imagine he would be having a hard time getting through the paths...and to think I did all of this work getting strong so he would notice me. 

Oh is that the weird lad with the silver hair? Yeah he's dead. spoke the ancient God of Death whose soul was still housed in Butlerok. 

Wait what? How do you know of him? Ragnarok exclaimed! 

I'm the God of Death. I saw his dead spirit lingering on the blood on Kenpachi's sword. Its obvious that those two met in combat and killed each other. I could have sworn I said something when you first engaged in battle...Oh right Kratos was there. I was slightly distracted by the need to rip his heart out and kill all of his loved ones in front of him. But yes he's dead.

The Mad Blood shot outside of Butler and formed a more dense Ragnarok wielding two broadswords! WE MUST END HIM NOW! He shouted. Dorian and Rhadamanthys turned his their gaze to Kishin as this was...new. Within a second the weapon was returned to its base form inside Butlerok. 

Calm down Ragnarok, do not forget about the our endgame. We will need everyone's help to get out of this remotely unscathed. The final battle is sure to be coming soon and we do not need to waste useless energy. Besides when we are done you'll most likely be able to see Sephiroth again. 

Don't lie to me Baldy! I'm trusting you right now! Ragnarok said as he silently went away to go pout. 

"The Omni and the Counter Guardian seem to be already close to this place. As you said, there's no villains, nor heroes here - only bloodshed. Yet the conflict need a resolution, in the end. As the guardian of this place, I assume that you had no intentions to handle either side and cease this conflict from continuing unless they threatened this place. I guess that makes the only way to resolve this would be to hold to what one believed to be the right thing to do, as selfish as it is. So, what do you intend to do now?"

Archon couldn't help but scoff at the yokai. Who did she even think she was fooling really? "Hmph, that is a thought. Although, I think my next priority will be to destroy you" he remarked as the glowing platform shattered like glass. Casually he descended, Yukari held aloft by his power as they made their way down. ​"I can hear it in your tone, yokai. Beyond the supposed well-meaning façade you are using, I can hear the hunger and yearning for Origin's might. You aren't merely inquiring about what will happen after Arturia and Protheus' fall, but are outright hoping for it. You hope that they would fall, and from the ashes you would rise with the Key of Origin in hand so you could claim Origin's power to save your Gensokyo. But understand that you are not destined to claim Origin. You do not possess what it takes to command it."

"Now that's just silly. You're saying that as if I'm trying to hide it. Why else am I here then?"

Yukari couldn't help but giggle a bit on what the Archon had just said as she descended with him from the arena. Her desire seemed to leak out a bit too much from her attempt to waste time by talking. Didn't really feel like an issue for her, though. It's not like it's obvious already. As she confronted the angelic being, she had herself separate out Reimu's quarters inside of her gap from the rest of the place. Looking at what kind of things do the Archon was able to do, she knew that a direct approach would be stupidly suicidal. She could manipulate boundaries, but when it comes to Origin, the point where everything diverged from, it's meaningless against it. Although...

"Well yes, I would definitely like it if I can secure the Origin to restore the worlds that had been lost. And you don't have to tell me twice that I am unfit to wield it - someone as selfish as me wouldn't be a good fit, and you already told me that when you were still the Avatar.

I am weak right now, and perhaps if I face you in a direct fight, I would be defeated in half the time you beat up that girl. That's probably why I'm not here to fight you foolishly. And yes, I am desperately wanting to see both Arthuria and Protheus fail, and die before your blade. But you know...by saying that, I can now see that you are not omniscient. Far from it.

Divine as you might, you are still full of assumptions."

"Funny," Archon remarked, "so are you."

Descending before the congregation, Archon held his hands out solemnly, his glowing robes sweeping with his gesture. "Now then, with that unfortunate business out of the way, I am left to wonder as to what I should do with you" he declared to those gathered. "Naturally, it is my duty to destroy you all, not a hard task I will admit. However, these are unconventional times, and I must consider certain... concessions. As it stands, none of you could easily stand before Protheus Maximus, not until the Pathways are done with him, in any case. As such, I must concede that a gamble will be necessary, though it pains to think that the fate of the omniverse should rely on a simple coin flip. Either way, I will now grant you all passage beyond Prologuous, to the Hallway of Origin, and then, Origin itself!" the angelic being uttered.

With a wave of his hand, an enormous black portal appeared at the foot of the great tree. "Those with courage, step forth into the unknown and seize your destiny!"

Archived