The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Yukari and Reimu

Prologuous

Do you finally understand the severity of this situation now? Do you finally see how pointless it is to try and interfere with Origin itself?

The “voice”, as a convenient way to refer to whatever the hell was the method the thing used to communicate with her or everyone, left Yukari with a frown on her face. The fact that the damn thing had simply nonchalantly absorbed her (admittedly half-hearted) attempt to test the ground of his capabilities, while blocking the attack from the other party without much effort kind of bummed her. It was not something immediately clear to normal eyes, but Yukari could see the boundary between the tentacles summoned by whoever was summoning them and the alien thing’s own was disappearing slowly but surely, indicating that the thing assimilated whatever was composing those tentacles into itself, which would definitely be a pain in the ass.

However…something caught her attention. First of all was the fact that the aforementioned other team had stopped attacking abruptly, which intrigued Yukari a bit. The other was…

“I would not call our actions pointless. If you are an obstacle in our way it only makes sense that we will push past you. However as time goes on it is clear that more of our comrades will come and clear their respective paths. Our numbers will grow and with that the obstacle that we currently cannot move will be a lot less burdensome. So even though you may be origin itself. You will be just another chapter in the story that is our conquest. I do commend you for being this difficult to combat, but you should know better than anyone how this will play out.”

Hearing that speech coming from one part of the other other team, Yukari then abruptly started laughing. Laughing to whom? Laughing at whom? Herself, perhaps. Definitely not towards the person uttering the speech. The guy had a good point. That was the realization Yukari got. There’s literally no point for her to bother with defeating the creature, and looking at Koishi right now, she seemed to share the same sentiment with her, even if it was simply on her subconscious for now. Meanwhile, Reimu didn’t seem to get it just yet, so Yukari decided to do something before the girl went on to do something that would waste her energy and time.

“Alright gang, change of plans.”

“Uh?” Reimu looked at her questioningly. Her intuition had seemingly giving her an insight that something unpleasant was going to be said to her.

“Let’s just ignore that thing for now and get some time to relax around.” Without any single care in her words, Yukari said it as a reply, pretty much confirming Reimu’s suspicion.

“…Wait, what the hell? Are you really serious about this, Yukari?” Reimu asked in disbelief.

“But what if-“ Koishi finally gotten herself involved with the argument, but it seemed that she was too confused to actually produce a valid point so Yukari decided to cut her mid-sentence with her own.

“It shouldn’t be problematic. For now, let’s just talk about other, more important things instead.” Ignoring the dumbfounded look from both Reimu and Koishi, Yukari opened up a gap and pulled a table and three chairs from there, and followed it with pulling a complete set of water heater, cups, filters, and tea leaves from the hole in space-time, and the elderly youkai placed them gently on the table before addressing Reimu and Koishi once more.

“Let us share a spot of tea as a memento of those old times we’ve left behind. Don’t be shy, just sit down and wait warmly while I prepare your tea as your host.” Yukari started to light up the water heater as she prepared the teapot and the tea, not really caring about the fact that they're currently supposed to be in the middle of a battle.

“Yukari, there is a time and place for everything, and a tea party’s not something you’d do in this situation!” Reimu was clearly annoyed at the elderly youkai now, while Yukari herself didn’t seem to think much about Reimu’s opposition on her idea, her mind clearly was in some other place only she could reach.

“Is it really not? But Reimu, what if I said that this is actually an appropriate time for this?” Yukari said, teasingly. Right now, she had decided that she’d simply wait. Waiting for other people to arrive as that one man said, or waiting until the creature made another move. Right now, it didn’t matter. She didn’t see any reasoning why she would need to waste her energy fighting the creature. The key was not in her hands. There’s no point in entering a fight she had no stakes on. Which she had done earlier yes, but right now she simply viewed it as unnecessary. That was simply an impulsive act on hers that she did due to Koishi getting threatened, after all.

“You’re getting really senile, aren’t you?” Reimu wryly replied.

“Perhaps. However there is really no point for us to continue the battle right now, and-“

“Ugh, if you keep this nonsense up I’ll go ahead and exterminate the thing on my own. Go have some tea with Koishi for as much as you wanted, but I’ll go ahead to actually do things to save my world and the other worlds too.” Grumbling at Yukari’s odd behavior, Reimu decided to float away from the other two to start going towards the Avatar once more, but on the next second, she emerged from a gap right towards the table and seat once more.

“Oh Reimu, I insist. I’m the host and you’re the guest, and as a host I have to make sure the guest is comfortable with my service, no? So it'd be nice for you if you sit down there and taste how good my tea is. It's the stuff of legends, really.” Right now she’s just messing around with Reimu, which just ended up looking more and more agitated.

“…You…” Several of Reimu’s needles started to appear on her hands, being readied to paralyze Yukari so she could continue her duty. However, after several seconds of considering more about it, she decided to ease up a bit and store the needles back. She then sat down and tried to get herself comfortable with her condition while Yukari smiled at her and started to prepare the tea to be served to the three of them. In the meantime, Koishi was still confused at what was actually unfolding before her, but seeing Reimu easing up like she did convinced the girl to follow suit and sit down on her seat too.

“So what’s this all about now anyway?”

“Perhaps I should mention the current situation of the battle for you.” Calmly answering the red-white’s question, the youkai poured the tea she had just prepared to the cups of the three people present on the table. Reimu stared at the filled cup before staring back at Yukari in suspicion, while Koishi, who was still confused with the situation, decided to make peace with herself and just wait the tea to cool off a little while her mind wandered around.

“To start off, look at your friends over there.” Yukari pointed towards Kratos’s group in the distance after putting down the teapot. “Look at them, and notice how they had stopped their attempt to attack the thing. They used to be very eager to go through this, but they’re now just bid their time and waited. Quite a sudden change, isn’t it?

My own attack earlier, which utilized the other guy’s-“ Yukari pointed at Butlerok and Rhadamantys now. “-assault coupled with the thing’s own assault to drop both immediately into the insides of the creature had brilliantly failed – the creature had absorbed the essences of the attack it seemed, and then it also managed to be immune to the trains I summoned and the attack your friends launched earlier.

And lastly, do you notice how it did not actually move around now once no one was attacking it? So yeah, you should get my point now.”

“So the reason for you to keep me here is since you’re expecting me to discuss a plan to defeat it?”

“No, Reimu, I expect you to drink tea with me and Koishi and chat with us. Isn’t that right, Koishi?” Turning around at Koishi, Yukari saw that the satori was spacing out for some reasons, staring emptily towards the ceiling. Smiling wryly, she turned around to look at Reimu once more and then promptly changed her expression as if nothing had actually happened.

“…Well, if you insist then. I’d rather not waste my effort blindly if the situation was as pointless as you said anyway.” Finally letting herself to be slightly looser, Reimu stretched her arms a bit before picking up her cup, which was followed by Yukari.

“So…I guess we’re drinking for the sake of each of our own Gensokyo now?”

“Suit yourself, though don’t mix the customs of drinking tea with drinking sake, Reimu. You should've known better about it.”

“You’re saying that as if I’m a helpless drunkard like Suika.” Reimu said that as she raised the cup upwards to the same level with her face before she started chugging the content of the cup in one go. That was clearly more of the (not even a polite) norm for drinking sake than tea. While she watched the red-white’s antics in amusement, Yukari started to consider whether she could tell the girl about Arturia right now or not.

After some thinking, she decided to do it later. That’s not too relevant to their current situation anyway.

Komeiji Koishi

Prologuous

Koishi stared at the vast boundless ceiling above her as Yukari and Reimu continued their passionate chat with each other regarding their experience over the pathways. Her pathway experiences weren’t one that she would like to talk about after all, and with how much the two were focused with each other – Yukari mainly due to her definitely really missing her own version of Reimu while Reimu herself was simply because she would always appreciate a moment of bonding over a cup of tea, Koishi didn’t think that it’d be nice for her to join in anyway.

Her cup of tea was already cold, but Koishi hadn’t touched it yet as if she had forgotten about her desire to try out the tea earlier. She was letting her mind wandering around, and by then she started to realize something odd was going on with her. It had been mentioned earlier that she was able to see into both Yukari’s and Reimu’s heart without much resistance, as her eyes had been fully opened this time with her sister’s interference. Yet…right now, she was not actually capable of looking at the hearts of others present. The strange beast had no heart and mind to look into, but the others: red baldy, sword granpa, pink cutie, gun-using girl, armored creepy guy, and the really creepy guy, for some reasons Koishi couldn’t reach their heart right now. It’s not them blocking themselves from being accessed by her. It’s more like having her own heart stopping her attempt to do it in the first place for some reasons.

However…that inexplicable disability of hers right now was something the girl actually appreciated. The silence without having to seal her own heart to achieve it was something she really needed. Her sister was right – there’s no more reason for her to be afraid anymore. Koishi started to feel that the one controlling her third eye was her sister herself. She knew that she’s still with her, even if she’s not physically around. She’s always with her. There’s no way she’d ever ditch her. And there’s no way Koishi would disappoint her too.

Koishi’s gaze ended up at the strange creature once more. Earlier Yukari had seemingly reacted at it for some reasons, but she wasn’t able to actually know the reason why. Maybe it tried to talk to her? What did it say? Koishi had no idea. The thing was still entrenched there in the middle of the area – imposing, generating a sense of dread throughout the place. Yet with how it had been nonchalantly ignored by Yukari and Reimu right now, Koishi couldn’t help but to lose the sense of extreme fear that she felt earlier when she tried to explore its nonexistent heart. Might be a stretch to say it with its threat still looming, but Koishi was now looking at it as an additional piece of the area’s backdrop.

Koishi intended at first to try approaching the other groups present while Yukari and Reimu was still talking to each other, but she stopped herself from doing so – she still felt a bit too shy right now, and while Yukari and Reimu had stopped caring about the battle itself for now, she’s pretty sure that the others were actually just biding their time and still pretty much were still concerned about the battle and the creature’s future attacks. Which maybe Yukari and Reimu should’ve been concerned about but Koishi didn’t really feel on disturbing them now.

In the end however, experiencing this massive dissonance, the calm in the middle of the storm - that was something Koishi was really thankful of. Right now, she decided to put aside any urgency from her mind, and simply lean back on her seat and enjoy the bickering between Yukari and Reimu about some daily and mundane things. It was the break and serenity she had been wishing to experience without having to close her heart.

How long would this last? Koishi had no idea. Maybe it’d only last for one more minute before the Avatar started attacking again, maybe it’d last until the place was filled with enough people to overwhelm it completely.

With a smile on her face, Koishi decided to close her eyes for now, entering into a peaceful slumber.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[[Another Time, Another Place: Prologuous]]

“I would not call our actions pointless. If you are an obstacle in our way it only makes sense that we will push past you. However as time goes on it is clear that more of our comrades will come and clear their respective paths. Our numbers will grow and with that the obstacle that we currently cannot move will be a lot less burdensome. So even though you may be origin itself. You will be just another chapter in the story that is our conquest. I do commend you for being this difficult to combat, but you should know better than anyone how this will play out.”

Was... was he being serious just now? Did he so miss the point that it was beyond comical. The Avatar even had to pause, albeit momentarily, in order to absorb what had just been said.

Was... is he serious right now?

There is no way any could be that hopelessly arrogant, could they? Quadrillions of lives returned to Origin daily and yet, this all felt utterly inconceivable. It was only further enhanced by the fact that they weren't doing anything. Were they just stalling to wait for their allies? Did they believe him to be purely reactionary? Who the hell were these people? The roots that once flailed about quieted down, standing still momentarily before snaking about with cautious ease. Many of the tips flowered into the shape of a weaponless phantom, so they could observe everyone personally. They made no efforts to attack as they glided about everyone, whilst trying to ignore the fact that several of them were having tea. After sufficient time had passed, they retreated back.'

You people make very little sense to me. I was questioning why you came here without the Key of Origin, but if there are more arriving, then that makes sense as the true courier must still be in the Pathways. That foolish girl came much the same, but I didn't think she had recruited so many, nor the means to bring the Key to her. This is very bad, you understand. What lies beyond should not be tampered with by any living being. No one alive, immortal, or undead possesses the knowledge, experience, or even the most basic ability to understand what it means to tamper with something far beyond their comprehension. If that foolish girl was not willing to listen, then I implore that you do. The reality of all things MUST NOT be tampered with. No one should have that form of power, which is why you should accept death. You cannot leave unless you manipulate the Door to do so. And I cannot allow anyone to do that. Please. Accept death, as the alternative is far too horrific for me to comprehend.

Yukari Yakumo

Prologuous

“She really threw nukes at you and still has the audacity to call it a Spell Card?

That does sound like something I’d do, yes.”

“And then she later lost any sense of patience with her and start throwing everything including the kitchen sink at me, and then-“

Reimu’s passionate chat with Yukari about her earlier encounter with her own universe’s version of the ancient youkai was interrupted by a commercial break.

The Avatar started to [speak] once more.

You people make very little sense to me. I was questioning why you came here without the Key of Origin, but if there are more arriving, then that makes sense as the true courier must still be in the Pathways. That foolish girl came much the same, but I didn't think she had recruited so many, nor the means to bring the Key to her. This is very bad, you understand. What lies beyond should not be tampered with by any living being. No one alive, immortal, or undead possesses the knowledge, experience, or even the most basic ability to understand what it means to tamper with something far beyond their comprehension. If that foolish girl was not willing to listen, then I implore that you do. The reality of all things MUST NOT be tampered with. No one should have that form of power, which is why you should accept death. You cannot leave unless you manipulate the Door to do so. And I cannot allow anyone to do that. Please. Accept death, as the alternative is far too horrific for me to comprehend.

Hearing that speech of its, Yukari’s smile only became bigger than before, as she turned around to look at the Avatar’s current state while Reimu’s worry about the entity started to return now that it did make its presence clear once more. Gazing at it for a minute or so, Yukari then seemingly had decided on what she would do next.

“Won’t you have some tea with us instead, Avatar? It must’ve been lonely, sitting here in the place where the concept of time is meaningless, only waiting to trounce anyone that tries to arrive here. That does seem to be a better alternative than anyone here or you dying, I assume.”

Sipping on her cup of hot tea after she had just refilled it, the elderly youkai took a moment enjoy it and to vivify the moment of fleeting tranquility the battlefield currently experienced, before taking a breath and continued to talk in a casual manner to the Avatar.

“I’unno to be honest. Isn’t that the point of tampering with things in the first place? To know about something requires us to kinda mess around with the thing in the first place. Though as you said I don’t have the knowledge, experience, and comprehensive ability for this in the first place so I might be wrong.

Though…really, I’m not too keen on dying either. So let’s just enjoy the moment and drink a cup of tea with us. I can assure you that my tea’s top notch.

The party’s going to get hectic soon, and I’m not really the type that enjoys a rowdy crowd, so yeah.”

“…What.” Reimu stared blankly at Yukari, unable to react in any other way. While her original pitch of reasoning for having a tea session in the middle of the battle was solid enough, it seemed that the elderly youkai now had lost all sense of reasoning with her prompt to ask the creature to join in with her. She probably had gone insane, but with Reimu being so unsure on what was going on, she decided to stop herself from doing something rash and just let whatever Yukari was doing unfolded before her.

“Shush you, don’t make a face like that in front of our guest.” Refilling Reimu’s empty cup first without seemingly caring about her reaction towards her gesture to the Avatar, Yukari then pulled another cup out of her gap and filled that one too, before placing a small table just in front of the Avatar and placing the filled cup there.

“If the others are interested in joining our tea session, then they’re welcome to do so. I still have tables and seats to spare, and cookies might or might not be included in the package. You definitely won't be disappointed with what i have in stock.

But for now…for the sake of the fragility of this temporary tranquility here, let’s enjoy the tea, Avatar. Every stories can be discussed and told better over a cup of tea, after all.”

~??? - Prologuous - Gemini's POV~

"Ah, but wouldn't their deaths mean that they become erased from existence, dear Avatar?"

Sitting among the branches of the sole tree within the strange place, the tainted figure that was Gemini could be seen sitting quite comfortably above the motionless clock, watching the scene below him. "At least, that's the passing rumor I keep hearing in here anyway." A self-satisfied grin was planted upon his face as he glanced over the various beings that resided upon the area, a scheming gleam in his eyes. "Then again, it's better that these alternate paths and crafted souls disappear and return the Omniverse to how it was supposed to be than allow everyone's puppeteers to continue destroying everything for their sick and twisted entertainment. And I used to think I was the king of such."

"It's sad, really," he stated as he reached out for what looked like a small apple within his reach, grabbing it before beginning to wipe off anything on it with his sleeve. "It's always those whom claim to have the best of intentions that seem to make the largest of messes that others have to clean up." With this did he take a small bite out of the apple, revealing it to be just like any other apple before looking back up towards the strange ensemble of a group. "It makes having any degree of 'good' intention a foolish ideal to follow. Ah, well, here's to a decent show before the end of all here." With that did the red-eyed stranger lift the apple as if it was a wine glass before taking another bite of it and gulped it down without issue, catching sight of a small black dragon with solid-black eyes and silver, leaf-like ears. "Ah, another has arrived, I see. The youngest and the oldest of this group of characters...and the only one I have any pity for..."

And once again, he takes another bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Divine - Path of Truth - Tesability's POV~

Tesability opened her eyes and found herself re-shutting them immediately, her black eyes blinded by the sudden presence of light in front of her. With a whine in her voice did she gingerly get up onto her paws, feeling strangely drained.

"Dat wha'sh wheewd," (That was weird,) she muttered before slowly opening her eyes once more, this time taking it slow to adjust to the brightness.

There was a lot of open air and clouds in front of her, with the splashes of orange, pink and yellow visible among them. The sight made her give a small grin on her muzzle before flapping her wings to test them. While the rest of her felt drained, her small wings still maintained their strength.

Good, because she was gonna need it to cross this section, it would seem.

And with that did she flap across the gap, thankfully uninterrupted. During the whole flight, since she didn't have the energy to fly at her top speed, she couldn't help but think of the strange man? from the strange place she had just come from. During her whole flight, her focus was upon the area ahead of her, not the far-distance ground below, which laid to her sight the already-destroyed lands she was familiar with.

"...wondew wai hee shownded bwokinsh," (...wonder why he sounded broken,) she muttered to herself as she flew through one of the clouds, releasing a sneeze soon afterwards from the fluff tickling her snout. It wasn't long before she spotted a platform, to which she landed upon to rest her wings, stretching them out before folding them into her back. Looking up, yet another whine escaped her as she saw the long staircase ahead. Muttering incoherently, to the point that she wouldn't be able to understand what she was muttering herself, she put paw in front of paw as she dredged up the staircase, giving a sigh of relief when she finally reached the top and just collapsed onto the cool flooring below her.

"...Ai ish shweepiesh," (...I is sleepies,) she muttered, recognizing the sensation she was feeling from the number of times she had been hit with an attack that would force her to slumber. She had never needed to sleep before, but it was often a useful tool to use in a fight, to incapacitate the foe and prevent them from doing too much damage during the slumber. But, somehow, she knew that this wasn't the best place to rest, and so, she forced herself back onto her four paws before continuing to walk forward, spotting ahead of her a crystal similar to that on the Path of Remembrance, towering over her much like anyone else would when standing at normal height.

‘Are you content with your present self’?

For a moment, Tesability closed her eyes as she lowered her head. However, she reopened them as she lifted her head back up.

"Yesh," (Yes,) she started to say. "Ai hash nuffteen' tu haidesh fwom anywonsh, eeveen meh." (I have nothing to hide from anyone, even me.)

Without a word did a bright light emerge from the crystal, engulfing her view of the world around her.

~~~~~

And when her vision cleared, she was within the room of white once more, a strange new door open in front of her now. However, there was something else in the room with her this time, something that caused her nose to tickle as something...odd started tickling it, though not in a way that made her sneeze. She turned towards the source, seeing what looked like a large round and flat object, silver and shimmering in appearance with something large and brown resting upon unmoving. Her eyes fell upon one section, eyes widening slightly as she recognized it.

How many time had she seen her human 'eat' a 'chicken leg'? But this was...the 'leg' was attached to something larger...maybe the whole 'chicken'? With a bit of unease did she tentatively poke the 'chicken' with a claw, feeling a little heat through the claw. Trying to remember how Talen would 'eat' such a thing, the dragonling gave a pull on the leg, cleaning separating it from the rest before sinking her fangs into it.

She soon learned the hard way not to try to swallow the thing whole, gagging for a bit before finally swallowing down the leg. As soon as she did this, the pain in her middle started to faintly subside, though it had not fully disappeared. Wondering if this was why her human would often 'eat', Tesability continued to chomp through the rest of the brown chewy thing, making the assumption midway in that some parts of this wasn't meant for 'eating' after recalling the number of times that she saw Talen leave behind something that appeared in the middle, usually something that was off-white.

A belch left her muzzle as she fell backwards, her paws up in the air as her middle finally stopped with its distracting hurt. Who knew how long she laid like that, feeling sleepy and pain-free, but she had a satisfied grin on her snout for the first time in a long, long time.

Unfortunately, she knew that she had to continue forward. With this in mind did she force herself back onto her paws before walking through the last door, eventually walking into...

...someplace really strange that it would take her mind a couple of minutes to process everything that was flat-weird in this place.

Ending Location: Prologuous

Butlerok and Rhadamanthys: Prologous 

Butlerok simply raised an eyebrow as this Avatar went on about these horrid ramblings. What was this entity saying and why would it be so defeatist? 

I’unno to be honest. Isn’t that the point of tampering with things in the first place? 

Butlerok and Rhadamanthys turned and looked at one of the other combatants as she gave her opinion. Butlerok nodded as she proceeded. It was intriguing to realize that one of the Counter Corps members would share this same viewpoint as he did. Before he was able to add his own commentary he looked up into a tree as it appeared another stranger had actually arrived on the scene. "Ah, but wouldn't their deaths mean that they become erased from existence, dear Avatar?" This new addition was quite the character but still that meant one thing...Butlerok was right more people were coming and soon the ensemble cast would clear this fight together patience was the key. 

Ragnarok appeared in his chibi form outside of Butler's back and nodded at the Kishin. Butlerok smirked. Sooo what should I do now? Since we do not have much time left we should spend as much time as we can enjoying ourselves until Dorian arrives. Butlerok made his way over to the hostess with the tea set. Once he got to the table setting with everyone else he bowed and Ragnarok simply waved. HEEELLLOOOO!! He said comically almost ignoring the severity of the situation. Butler took a seat and proceeded to introduce himself. My name is Butler and this here is Ragnarok as you may have figured we work for the Divine and I am sure after this we will have to battle, but until then let us fellowship. Appearing behind him in an instant was Rhadamanthys. What are you doing? Do you not see we have an enemy to deal with. He said rather abruptly. Did you not hear him? He said that "foolish girl" came here. That may mean Ms. Isamy, our former leader. So. Does that not mean she cleared all paths, met this creature and seems to have survived. Rhadamanthys' eyes widened. Are you serious? Think about it. Outside of the mortal danger you were put into in the pathways did you not learn something after facing emissaries of your past, present and future. Butlerok took a sip of tea and continued. I learned that before I was a two dimensional familiar who literally sacrificed his humanity for his master. Hmmm this is good. But my master is a child...he needs someone to steer him in the right direction. He needs someone to make him a better man and more friends his own age. I've enabling him and now it is time to for me to stop all of that it was because of his enabling that I lost him the first time. So now it is time to mentor him which is actually the best way to serve him. Is that all baldy? Ragnarok added. Butler snickered. Oh and I must also set aside some enjoyment for myself as well. The paths have made us all better. It is time we start appreciating that....Butlerok returns to his tea.

Ending Location: Prologous 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dorian: Path of Death

With holes, craters and burn marks everywhere Dorian found himself pinned down by the wings with a series of keyblades nailing him to a wall. His other self looking very confident in his victory with a few burns. You know everyone is going to thank me for this in the long run right? You used up too much energy fighting Gyokuen trying not to kill her so you could keep up with your "plan" and look where it got you. Death! Your selfishness is why you're going to die and I'm going to be back in charge of that body. Dorian looked up as his other self with his eye twitching looking on as his nose and mouth slowly transformed into a beak. Well this sucks...

Ending Location: B9

[Death A6] - Kairi

The Guardian swiped its hands at the bridge, ripping out chunks. The bridge shook, but Kairi kept leaping and ducking and blocking her way around the Guardian’s attacks. As the Guardian kept Kairi’s focus up from the front, Ansem appeared behind her, pulling up a punch, but as he threw it, Kairi cast a Magnega spell, dipping below Ansem before rolling where he once stood, as the Seeker of Darkness was pulled closer to his own Guardian, the two Heartless hitting their heads against one another.

“Whatever is ahead of me, you’re not going to stop me from reaching it!” Kairi declared. She twirled the Keyblade in her hand, as snowflakes began to gather around its edge, more and more forming until they covered the length of her arm. ”But I can stop you from following me. Deep Freeze!”

Raising her Keyblade in the darkness, a ring of frost shot out from around Kairi, covering the bridge, but also surrounding Ansem and the Guardian. Ansem turned towards her, paying no mind to the frost, and the Guardian took its place hovering behind its master. Ansem tried to grab at Kairi. “Is this the best you can do?”

Kairi was already running back along the bridge, not only barely turning her head to Ansem. ”I hope not. If it was, I wouldn’t want to waste it against you.” She fired Blizzaga spells in groups of three, the Guardian throwing energy discs to cut them apart while frost continued to slowly spread over Ansem’s body. Kairi took a breath and began to quicken up her pace until something began to form in the distance. At first it looked like a wall, but an opening slowly became apparent. She was almost to the end.

“Do you think you can hide from me there?” Ansem laughed. “Face me now, Princess!” The Guardian held energy discs in each hand, while Ansem strained to break himself free of the ice, forcing the frost to scatter away from him. Now free, Ansem began to close in. And then, Kairi stopped where she stood. Ansem was still in the middle of his own charge, and the Guardian brought the discs down in front.

Ansem’s charge was ended as Kairi pointed her Keyblade behind herself, piercing Ansem’s chest. The Guardian’s disc were lodged in the ends of the bridge, just barely missing Kairi, before they began to fade away. The Guardian’s voice began to rasp, rising in volume until it reached a full on scream, with Ansem soon echoing. Darkness began to seep out of the Guardian, almost mixing in with the pitch-black air of Pathway. The Guardian continued screaming, though somewhat softer. Kairi pulled her Keyblade out, and Ansem began to slowly step back. “Careless. How could I lose like this?”

”You told me I was the one plan Ophelia had against Xansvita that actually succeeded,” Kairi answered. ”I earned the right to that. You’ve been trying to demoralize me, but it’s just reminding me that I do deserve to be here. Even if there’s more at stake here than just Sora and I, I won’t back down. I may not know as much about this war as everyone else, but if I can help bring it to an end, I will.”

“Your arrogance will-”

”No. It’s not arrogance, it’s friendship. Camaraderie. I may be fighting for my own life, but who wouldn’t in something like this?”

Ansem clutched his chest, the darkness of Pathway closing in around him. “I suppose your determination may carry you through this. Very well, Kairi. If you think you can endure these trials, then there’s only one thing for you to do.” His body was quickly fading away, the shadows covering all but his face. “Prove it.”

As Ansem vanished completely, Kairi took a sigh of relief. ”I will. But not to you.” She stepped into the hallway, which had the most light she had seen in the Pathway for quite some time. Not that it was much, and the blue torches offering the light weren’t exactly inspiring. Neither was the feeling that Kairi wasn’t alone.

Ending Location: Death A7

Chandra

Pathway of Death: A2

With Jace admitting that her attempts to avoid laughing weren't succeeding, she just stopped bothering to hide it, giggling along as the other mage walked ahead faster than her again. Instead of catching up with him straight away, she slowly walked down the path towards where he'd gone, probably just as well too as the full impact of what the mage had said resonated through her. 

"Wait, my thoughts? HE WAS READING MY MIND AGAIN!" 

About the only thing that stopped her from immediately burning him was that he was further ahead down the pathway, currently out of her line of sight. As it was, the heat radiating off her body lit up the area around her, revealing a weathered tombstone to the side with a name she recognised. 'Gideon Jura' 'Died a hero, protecting the cause. Long live the Order of Heliod.' Recognising the names, a gout of flame burst out into the tombstone, leaving Gideon's name untouched while wreaking the rest of the writing. Slightly calmer now, she walked on, catching up to Jace again as he seemingly came out of another trance. 

Ending Location: A4

Yukari Yakumo

Prologuous

“HEEELLLOOOO!!”

“Ah, it’s nice to see more people that appreciate tea here.” While she was still waiting for the Avatar’s reply to her offer, a balding man with a small familiar on him approached her and went on to sit on a chair not far from her, on the extension of the table she had just pulled to accommodate for everyone else currently on the place.

“My name is Butler and this here is Ragnarok, as you may have figured we work for the Divine and I am sure after this we will have to battle, but until then let us fellowship.”

“A confrontation like that should not be necessary, I believe. I myself am neither a member of the Corps nor the Divines, and I am here for my own interest. A…neutral observer, if you wish to say it that way. Well, let-”

“What are you doing? Do you not see we have an enemy to deal with?“

A man in armor then appeared suddenly behind that person and his little familiar, and what followed was an endearing bickering between the two that Yukari simply watched amusedly. It still ended with the man with the familiar enjoying her tea, so from Yukari’s perspective the argument ended well. Perhaps. Couldn’t be sure what was on her mind right now. But she waited until the two had stopped before she started doing something else again.

“Hm, why don’t you sit down too here? Getting all hasty won’t lead us anywhere.” She gestured to the man in the armor and pointed to a chair she had summoned from her gap on an extension of the tea table she initially had. At that time Reimu was still unable to process what was going on and right now she’s more like rebooting herself so that she could grasp the true situation of now. Yukari herself weren’t that concerned with her right now however – she seemingly believed that the girl would be fine in the end, so the old youkai’s focus was now on the man who drank the tea she served at the other side of the table.

“Perhaps I should also introduce myself as a gesture of politeness. My name is Yukari Yakumo, pleased to meet you three.

So…I am wondering. While most of the Corps has an easily distinguishable motive, usually involving saving the multiverse and their home world too along the way, what is actually the case for the Divines? No…wait a bit, I...well I might need to reword my question. What is the case for you three?  Serving under someone that probably wouldn’t skip a chance to screw you three over felt like something weird for me. However, I’m in no position to judge, especially without context from you three.

Though…at least it’s better than serving under the Corps, especially if...” Yukari’s voice trailed off at that point, remembering the things surrounding the Counter Guardian. It’s unwise to just say what was on her mind right now of course, especially if she had no way to prove it yet. Though…this reminded her of something that she should’ve done earlier.

“Ah, and also, wouldn’t it be nice if we can also invite the other group over there? They seem to be pretty tense right now, so maybe a cup of tea would be nice for them.

What do you think?”

Dorian: Path of Death

I hate life...I turning into a freaking bird for God's sake! He exclaimed in his mind. There his other self was standing proud and confident like he actually did some work. Original Dorian was very exhausted using all of that Cosmos to not kill Gyokuen who is still partially burned an lying there on the ground. Aw that's right the Rukh may be healing her as I deal with this douchebag...or worse she could actually die! UUGGGGGGHHHHH!  He lazily moved his eye as he looked at his other keyblade wielding self. I know what you're thinking? And trust me I am thinking the same thing. We're nothing a like! You're a monster who feeds of the misery of others and expects everyone to do everything for him. You're an egomaniacal sociopath with too much money to spare and God forbid you actually have to do a day of real work in your life. There is nothing similar about us other than our appearance. 

Oh my God, is he going to say it. In short...He is really going to say it. YOU'RE NOT ME!! Original Dorian smiled from ear to ear and he was immediately consumed in a pillar of fire and as he stepped out of it he was laughed as he looked like a new Black phoenix monster that looked nothing like his former self. The air around him danced as the searing heat exuded from his new body. What do they say? I am the shadow of thine true self! He said melodramatically. Well that's a lie. I am the true self here and you are merely my get out of hell free card.

The cloaked Dorian summoned two Keyblades and took a combat stance. So your surplices encroachment finally kicked in! Good I was sick of pounding on my own face. I am sure once I take over I can fix it. Oh right you keep thinking you're going to walk out of this! You keep thinking you're a thing. You don't understand that the world would be better without you in it. I can see why I hate you Bennu Dorian said as he looked at his lack of arms. The world would be better, everyone else likes you more. Out of curiosity do you even like yourself? What...Do I like myself? Exactly, repeat the question because you don't have an answer. You have no sense of self awareness. No I am aware. I am aware of your selfishness and egotism. I am aware that I must end you! And then what? Keyblade Dorian paused as he didn't actually think of things that far. Let's carry this story out. Say you win right now...you won't...but say you do. Then you go on and somehow get rid of both Butler and Rhadamanthys...you definitely can't do that. But let's say you get the CC's to help you and somehow you make it work. Then what? No one knows you, likes you, cares for you or gives two flying craps that you even exist. But. Oh don't get me wrong the same could be said for me. Well, I have Butler and the rest of my families, but what keeps me going is my sense self. 

Bennu Dorian stretches out his wings and unleashes flaps fire blast at his the other Dorian. Keyblade dodge rolls the blast and resumes his stance. I tell myself that I'm all that and a bag of chips! I tell myself that I'm good at these card games! I tell myself whether it be Arthur and his THOT or that chick with the rodent I will still thrash the mess out of anyone who stands against me! FALSE! You're an egotist whose...An egotist is someone who has too much sense of self..Bennu Dorian takes flight and covers himself in fire... and if this world INCLUDING MYSELF would stand against me then screw it! I WILL WATCH YOU ALL BURN!  Let's finish this in the manner that is befitting of DORIAN VON SCHROEDER!

Keyblade Dorian looked up with anger and crossed his keyblades in front of him. He cranked his cosmos to the max and destroyed his cloak. Keyblade Dorian revealed himself to be wearing the Phoenix God Cloth! THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED! IT'S LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY! ERUPTING BUUUUURRRNNIINNNGGG SLASH/TYPHOON! The two Dorian's clashed in a massive explosion of fire and energy that imploded as they landed in across from each other. Keyblade Dorian smiled as he came across completely unscathed as Bennu Dorian fell to the ground! See, told you I was right. Bennu Dorian laid on the ground and started laughing. Keyblade Dorian turned around to look at his foe but then he felt a drop on his head. He touched his head and noticed that it was a black liquid. Keyblade Dorian's eye's widened as he was horrified when he realized what just happened. Bennu Dorian struggled to get back up as he had no arms. Yeeeeaaahhh I've had that Black Blood in my chest pocket since Path 2. Once I transformed into a bird though I realized I couldn't actually get to it. Sad face right. But I figure a slash from you would probably cut deep. Keyblade Dorian could only look on as it started raining Black Blood on him. Tell me you remember how painful it is when the blood seeps through your skin to cling to your soul and organs! Bennu Dorian laughed as what he said started to happen. The droplets of Mad Blood borrowed there way under the skin and proceeded to systematically hijack Keyblade Dorian's body. Oh that's right, you're not real...like I've been saying this entire time. Some "thing" made by this path can't leave so I guess the Mad Blood has no choice but to destroy you from the inside out. HA! This...this...was your plan all along? Uhhh no, you dying is an after thought I made up while doing a screaming attack. The Mad Blood, as you must know, is for her. Keyblade Dorian turned to realize that he was actually standing next to Gyokuen's fried body. Yeeeaaahhh I needed that to preserve her while she is still not dead. Luckily you will die and the blood will seep out of you and flow into her. Keyblade Dorian died a very graphic and painful death as the Mad Blood oozed out of eyes, mouth, nose and ears. 

Like Bennu Dorian said the Mad Blood pooled around Gyokuen and then consumed her whole. Bennu Dorian walked over to the ball and opened his mouth-beak. This better work. The Mad Blood swirled and forced itself down Dorian's throat like he was being tortured. He quickly gasped for air as he slowly trudged himself to the end of the pathway. Though surprisingly enough he was already there it looked like his fights must have kept him moving. He slow flew up the damaged staircase and looked into the orbs of light. 

‘Are you willing to embrace your fate’?

Hmmm that's the last question? Heh, she wouldn't have made it past this stage anyway. He thought as he prepared his answer. Sure, why not, I dictate my fate so why not embrace it. As he touched the monument with his beak he was wrapped in swirling crimson energies. He closed his eyes and once he opened them he saw himself back in the white room. All of his previous doors are now gone, but then there was a new one. Oh...this better lead me to them. I don't think I have much...left.

Ending location: White Room

Butlerok and Rhadamanthys: Prologous

Butler and Ragnarok were actually enjoying their tea and spot of conversation while Rhadamanthys just stayed tense. Nevertheless the specter actually sat down and enjoyed a cup even though he did not take off his armor. What he did do was choose to answer the fair maidens question. I am personally here to retrieve and item that was stolen from my master. The Divine's former leader, Isamy, stole it and it is somewhere in a vault that this man here knows but cannot get too. Butler shrugged as that was the truth. Isamy allowed him free reign inside that vault, but seeing as he did not know Rhadamanthys at the time he did not know to actually pick up the Hades God Cloth. To be honest I feel Ragnarok and I are here because it seems like an epic journey that we started should be seen through to complete. The leadership is almost inconsequential. I don't think any member of the Divine actually considers themselves working for Protheus. More like we are all free agents that he deigned to hire. 

He's very blunt in that our sole purpose is to clear away the opposing factions for him so he would not have to waste time doing it himself. On the other side of that I am slightly confused by his actions. Yeah, I don't think he plans to rewrite all of existence like the weird lady wanted to...his seem more selfish. Either way I am curious to see if the Counter Corps can actually destroy him...he's constructed very weird to say the least. As for that group of Counter Corp members over there. They are very protective of the slightly weaker members they may be trying to mitigate risk by keeping themselves away from all enemies. But, what of you? You must be pretty powerful to be an independent party in this game of multiverse chess. 

“Won’t you have some tea with us instead, Avatar? It must’ve been lonely, sitting here in the place where the concept of time is meaningless, only waiting to trounce anyone that tries to arrive here. That does seem to be a better alternative than anyone here or you dying, I assume.”

T-tea?! She was offering him, the one trying to kill them, tea? This was utterly baffling in any and all contexts the Avatar could understand, many of which didn't exist to their simplistic minds.

“I’unno to be honest. Isn’t that the point of tampering with things in the first place? To know about something requires us to kinda mess around with the thing in the first place. Though as you said I don’t have the knowledge, experience, and comprehensive ability for this in the first place so I might be wrong. Though…really, I’m not too keen on dying either. So let’s just enjoy the moment and drink a cup of tea with us. I can assure you that my tea’s top notch. The party’s going to get hectic soon, and I’m not really the type that enjoys a rowdy crowd, so yeah.”

“…What.”

He was going to say that himself, but it seems someone beat him to the punch. How can these beings be so Origin damned simple that they can't even understand, comprehend, or even at least APPRECIATE where they are and what they are implying. How can they so idly sit around when the fate of the Omniverse is on the line? It does not, and simply cannot add up as to their complacency.

“If the others are interested in joining our tea session, then they’re welcome to do so. I still have tables and seats to spare, and cookies might or might not be included in the package. You definitely won't be disappointed with what i have in stock. But for now…for the sake of the fragility of this temporary tranquillity here, let’s enjoy the tea, Avatar. Every stories can be discussed and told better over a cup of tea, after all.”

If not for his ability to sense intent, the Avatar could have sworn she was mocking him.

"Ah, but wouldn't their deaths mean that they become erased from existence, dear Avatar?"

Oh what fresh hell was this?

"At least, that's the passing rumor I keep hearing in here anyway. Then again, it's better that these alternate paths and crafted souls disappear and return the Omniverse to how it was supposed to be than allow everyone's puppeteers to continue destroying everything for their sick and twisted entertainment. And I used to think I was the king of such. t's sad, really. It's always those whom claim to have the best of intentions that seem to make the largest of messes that others have to clean up. It makes having any degree of 'good' intention a foolish ideal to follow. Ah, well, here's to a decent show before the end of all here. Ah, another has arrived, I see. The youngest and the oldest of this group of characters...and the only one I have any pity for..."

The Avatars body convulsed in the presence of Gemini, its body writhing about irritably as if it were trying to get a better view of him.

You are NOT supposed to be here Gemini. Your true self is back on the Pathways, and your presence will not be tolerated. Disengage and return to Origin like a good puppet.

There was no lack of malice and cruelty in his tone, it was almost as if he was trying to wipe him out through sheer force of words itself. With attentions diverted, Gemini was now being completely ignored as the Avatar returned to his previous stance.

All those here, answer me one thing: When you say to tamper with the omniverse itself, what do you even mean by that? Do you even KNOW what that entails?

Kazuya Minegishi

Pathway of Death, A8

How long had it been?

Walking around aimlessly without any light sources to guide him, time passed without Kazuya being able to keep track of it properly. Had it been ten minutes? Half an hour?An hour?Or even more than that?Him departing with Ayame to seek out the one that had jammed his COMP felt like it was a distant event of the past. An overly big exaggeration perhaps, but it felt like two months and a half had passed since he walked with her through the Pathway of Death.

The silence around him, as dreadful as it was, it ended up being something that Kazuya appreciated more and more as he recalled his experiences throughout the pathways once more, this time without his frustration of being detached from the conflict clouding his mind. Ayame’s explanation regarding the status of the conflict itself had finally put his buried irritations to rest. For once, after his failure to craft a destination of his own, Kazuya was actually going somewhere (figuratively) as he continued his way through the pathways.

“You…”

Kazuya was going to dwell more on his inability to actually reach the conclusion on his own before he noticed a shade of a figure in a distance. A familiar figure, disturbingly so. He noticed that Ayamewas facing a figure that she was familiar of earlier, so it’s safe to assume that he would soon also face a similar figure here. Wondering who would he face in this place, Kazuya eagerly walked forward towards the figure, and the blue candles around them lit to reveal the identity of his adversary.

“…Well…hello there, Naoya. So you’re the person I need to face here, huh?” Looking at his older cousin before him, Kazuya tried to keep his composure better than before. The white-haired young man simply smiled at him in response. His smile, a malicious-looking smile that definitely didn’t really look trustworthy still somewhat unnerved the blue-haired boy, but Kazuya kept that reaction behind a sense of stoicness this time, determined to not be played around by him anymore.

“Done running around aimlessly, little brother? It’s pretty fun, isn’t it? Getting dragged into a conflict you have no stakes in, going nowhere without any purpose and learning that you condemned everyone by going into this conflict in the first place, all since you feel like playing a hero on the grand scheme of things, and since you wished to run away from your then-current conflict, which you realized you caused, albeit somewhat inadvertently.”

“That’s nonsense, Naoya. So anyway, can you stop being a manipulative prick for once?” Even with his calm reply, his cousin’s words struck a chord inside of Kazuya. He knew that it’s not completely the case here, yet…if he’s to be asked whether there’s a shred of truth from those words, then he’d reluctantly answer yes. However, it shouldn’t matter anymore right now. He had a proper goal now. The time to regret his decision had passed.

“That’s not really how you should talk to your older brother. However, that doesn’t really matter now, does it? We’re now alone together in this dark corridor, and it seemed that you’re eager to finish the business with me.

But on a more important note, have you realized something? If you actually followed my words back then instead of doing what you did, then this entire mess wouldn’t even happen.”

“…Pardon? You mean…going with your plans so the angels will all go down on us even faster? Yeah, sure.” The attempt of Kazuya to stay stoic was slowly failing him. The demeanor from his cousin started to get on his nerves, but for now, Kazuya kept himself from doing anything else aside from replying.

“We’d actually be more prepared for it for one, and of course, this would mean that you don’t even have to join this conflict in the first place.

But enough guilt-tripping you about that.”

“Yeah, enough is enough.” Without warning, Kazuya dashed forward and hit his cousin’s face directly with a punch, something that seemingly surprised him enough since he was unable to dodge it in time. Without his COMP being on right now, Kazuya’s way to overcome the white-haired jerk was to straight-up beating him up physically, and that was what he’s doing now. Not giving Naoya any room to react, the blue-haired boy let his entire pent up frustrations so far out on his supposed adversary.

“The hell are you doing, Kazuya?!”

“Lie down there so I can beat you up easier!”

He had realized it for a while, but so far through the pathways, Kazuya felt like he hadn’t been himself for a while. Perhaps he’s too focused on his earlier mess up, or perhaps he’s just losing that side of his due to the pressure from this supposed conflict in the first place. And even right now, it’s not really like him when he started to try actually wiping out the smug smirk out of his cousin’s face by force. But that’s probably just because he’s getting a bit sick being played around by him for years. Even if he did help him a lot back then…that really still didn’t make him someone whose presence can be tolerated by Kazuya.

“Are you seriously…ugh…forget it.” His face looking like a mess now after Kazuya finally relented from beating him further, Naoya tried his best to stand up, still pretty wobbly as he struggled to balance himself. Kazuya himself didn’t feel better yet, but he was at least feeling cathartic after what he did. It’s definitely not something he should be proud of, and feeling good about it might not even be something right in the first place. But getting him to drop off that smile from his face was satisfying enough for him.

“Tch, if you don’t really wish to listen to me anyway then there’s no point in me staying here. But well, before I go, I’ll go ask you one question first.

Since you’re now fighting this war out of your own free will as you said it, following that king to the end so that you can return our world back to how it was, then…well…what’ll you do if you actually won’t achieve anything out of this?

With that said, I’ll take my leave now.”

iU8EggM.png

Once again, Kazuya’s encounter with Naoya ended up anticlimactically, though his last question somewhat bugged him. He knew it wouldn’t happen, but if it would end up happening anyway in the future, he’s somewhat at loss on what to do by then. He could still fight and keep on fighting of course despite of that, but even a victory by then would feel hollow. His worries about the uncertainty of the fate for his (seemingly eradicated) home world had returned again on his mind. He tried to push them down to not bug him much, but in effect it did him not much good.

At the very least, Naoya’s gone now and his COMP was functional once more. He’s tempted to summon Amaterasu again, but looking at the battery on the device, he felt that it’d be for the best that he didn’t use it too much from now on, and he decided to wildly walk around the darkness like before.

After a while of walking, Kazuya managed to return to where he was, thanks to him finally noticing the blue torches that lit up as Ayame and her opponent continued to battle. Looking at them still locked in combat, Kazuya was eager to join in and help his ally, but Ayame’s words on the opponent being someone she needed to face alone resurfaced on his mind, so he backed off for now and decided to watch her instead from a distance.

However, for some reasons, he felt that there’s another person around in the area aside from the three person he’s aware of.

Yukari Yakumo

Prologuous

Gemini’s here, huh? An entity bound to the pathways…that might prove to be problematic if he ended up being more active than necessary.

“Yukari, why do we even-“

“If we’re going to save Gensokyo, then it’s better to do it with how we do things in Gensokyo. Bullets and teas, usual stuff isn’t it?”

Even as she answered Reimu’s question, Yukari staticlystared at a certain figure on the distance that also tried to talk with the Avatar momentarily as she waited for her guests to answer her question. The man…construct was not something she expected to see here especially without Neos around, and for a moment she had to mentally restraint herself from attacking him. It’d be pointless now, and there’s no point in starting a battle anyway. She looked back at her guests just as they had made their answer and told her about it.

“I am personally here to retrieve and item that was stolen from my master. The Divine's former leader, Isamy, stole it and it is somewhere in a vault that this man here knows but cannot get too.

“To be honest I feel Ragnarok and I are here because it seems like an epic journey that we started should be seen through to complete. The leadership is almost inconsequential. I don't think any member of the Divine actually considers themselves working for Protheus. More like we are all free agents that he deigned to hire. 

He's very blunt in that our sole purpose is to clear away the opposing factions for him so he would not have to waste time doing it himself.On the other side of that I am slightly confused by his actions. “

“Yeah, I don't think he plans to rewrite all of existence like the weird lady wanted to...his seem more selfish.

“That seems to be something that I’d expect from him, according to what I learned so far. So you three are here on your own volition and for your own purposes.

That honestly did make it seem that both the Corps and the Divines aren’t much different from each other in the end.” Hearing that, Reimu was seemingly going to question her about it, but Yukari gestured to her to be silent for now as the man before her continued to talk.

“Either way I am curious to see if the Counter Corps can actually destroy him...he's constructed very weird to say the least.As for that group of Counter Corp members over there. They are very protective of the slightly weaker members they may be trying to mitigate risk by keeping themselves away from all enemies.

But, what of you? You must be pretty powerful to be an independent party in this game of multiverse chess. “

Powerful, huh? If only.

“Perhaps, perhaps not. I’m not really keen on revealing my cards now, but let’s just say the main reason I’m not fighting for either side since…”

The man’s prompt was responded with a smile from Yukari, but as she answered it, her voice trailed off before she finished her sentence. She’s far from powerful right now.Far from being powerful enough on her own to create a difference amidst the chaos.Far from being powerful enough to actually challenge the two sides at once, especially alongside any other third parties like the Avatar. She didn’t even have any resources with her to manipulate events to go according to her plan.

However, nothing really stopping her from pretending that she had those. And maybe…perhaps Koishi could be the key for her. Using her like that was something that she wished not to do, but if she was okay with it, then that’s something going for her. And perhaps…she could still fish around to see if she could get something valuable from the situation.Though it’s not like she’s actually need to pretend here anyway. She’s just definitely trying to keep a peaceful scene here with everyone enjoying their tea.

“Ah, sorry for that. Nostalgia had my mind trapped for those seconds I spaced out. So, back to the reason I didn’t choose either factions. It’s simple really. Both…

…are too misguided and flawed for my liking. As I’ve said, both aren’t that much different to each other, and the current two big players are-“

“Yukari, what do you mean by that?! Misguided my ass, you’re the one actually messed up here!” Reimu slammed her hands on the table, looking pretty annoyed. It wasn’t hard enough to spill anyone’s tea, so Yukari went on to calmly continue sipping her glass of tea without turning around towards the shrine maiden.

But before she could answer her, the Avatar finally “spoke” to everyone once more.

All those here, answer me one thing: When you say to tamper with the omniverse itself, what do you even mean by that? Do you even KNOW what that entails?

“Ah, so you’re finally talking again, my dear Avatar. Well, for the first question…I’ll just say that I’m going to make the impossible, possible. And for my answer will stay the same for the latter question. As we have no idea about it, then it’s our job to know more by actually tampering with it.

However…perhaps I might need to hazard a guess of my own this time. As you said, this is the point of Origin, the keystone towards the concept of existence as we know it itself. Change it even slightly, and everything is affected, whether it’s for better or worse. What’s everything? Everything, of course.Everything that exists.Everything that used to exist.Everything that will exist.And perhaps, everything that could never actually exist. People, events, worlds, universes, multiverses, every single thing, in a grand scale that should pretty much be better left of as incomprehensible.

Tampering with what’s here means that those will all be affected. Things that shouldn’t exist might exist or happen, and things that had existed might disappear, retconned. Universes being deleted, new universes being born.Potential paths being blocked, new paths being created.Perhaps this is still a small percentage of things that entails from that act, so as the one actually capable of understanding everything, I reckon that it might be for the betterment of everyone if you educate us about this more.’

Refilling the cup of tea before her, Yukari took a moment to rest after answering the Avatar’s question, before turning back to the guests she had invited to the tea party at where everything began. She’s been enjoying the situation so far. The Avatar didn’t think that she’s mocking it or messing around with it, since she wasn’t, and so far she had managed to keep up a nice discussion with the people present here…well perhaps discounting Reimu.

“So…as conversations in this format are carried by questions, perhaps I should ask something more…daring to keep up the livelyness here.

Well...first of all...let me ask, what is actually stopping the Divines from attacking Protheus? And…” After saying that, her gaze turned towards Reimu, who was still looking quite uneasy about the entire discussion. “What’s actually stopping the Counter Corps from attacking Arturia? Pretty much the same thing from different sides, here.

Personally, I don’t see much reason for either side to follow their leader. While the Counter Corps part is mainly from my own conclusion, but as you’ve said earlier, you, the Divines weren’t even Protheus’s underlings in the first place. He’s just ordering you around as meatshields to make his way to the Door smoother, and you’re not even acting on his order. So, seeing him as just a trouble as he is, why didn’t the Divines just get rid of him?”

Yukari paused a bit. She was going to address her entire concern regarding Arturia towards Reimu to keep up the momentum she had right now, but thinking about her reminded the old youkai about something else. She turned around to look at the Avatar instead, and promptly asked it another question.

“Ah…sorry if I’m getting a bit pushy in regards to these, but…as some sort of thought experiment…

What if…this entire place…the point of Origin…the Door itself…disappears? What would happen in that scenario, I wonder?”

~ Arturia Pendragon ~

Pathway to Remembrance - A2

"Believe it or not, I'm waiting on someone. Remember the request I made before jumping into this place? I found out early in Death that he actually is on these paths, and confirmed it while traveling through Truth, so I'm waiting for him n---."

Arturia nodded, recalling his request from a few hours ago - if anyone sees a man dressed in shades of blue to not kill him. Knock him or capture him if he doesn't submit, but do not kill him. You know it's him if you he reacts to you thinking loudly the name 'Jace Beleren' when close to him. Jace, the Mind Mage whom had become the Guildpact, and whom Neos was attempting to save lest their efforts in restoring the multiverse be in vain for his universe. Curiously enough, from what data she'd gathered along the way to get to this point, he seemed to be on the side of the enemy, which complicated things.

In any case, they were interrupted as a Jace appeared to materialize right before them. He seemed real, and yet at the same time, merely an apparition, and things quickly began to make sense afterwards. The person before them was some sort of entity brought forth by Neos's past experiences, a memory golem so to say. The mage encouraged Neos to go on without him, and Arturia certainly appreciated the pragmatic reasoning.

Then the double glanced at her a few times, before saying into her mind, "I'd take great care in your actions, Arturia. Such deceptions can lead to a greater cost than you may be willing to pay. You are very-fortunate that Neos is forgiving of most transgressions against him as well..." If his words had phased the knight in any way, she didn't show it. Yes, the Pathways knew of what she intended to do, but all they could do was respond the individual's own inner feelings - therefore, there was no way that such things would actively interfere with her mission.

"Hydaelyn, help me," Neos muttered before turning his head back to look towards Arturia. "What is with that forest? First, that clairvoyant girl comes out of it who claimed to know me, now a double of Jace? I'd expect anything and everything to show up in there, Arturia."

"Indeed." Arturia replied, fixing her gaze upon the forest ahead. 

While she could theoretically fly over using her Invisible Air, and no doubt that that would be far more practical, she could sense something strange within it, pulling her towards it as if to say that there was someone she had a duty to meet in there. And the few possibilities of who it might be terrified her. 

"Remembrance. I suppose this is only to be expected. It seems that for the first part at least, we may encounter people from our past. Perhaps we may not even remember them. That memory golem we encountered earlier, Jace Beleren, he was only a golem but felt like an actual person, so the same may well apply for the rest. Even if they aren't real, their power cannot be underestimated... I will admit, I'm not particularly looking forward to this either. But as it was with Death and Truth, we do not have much other choice."

Keeping a firm grip on the hilt of her blade, ready to unsheathe it as soon as a threat appears, she started to advance onwards. As the duo walked on, approaching their first challenge, something occurred to her.

"Neos. Within that forest, I may witness parts of your past, and you may witness parts of mine. I have seen Gemini and come to know a bit of what you have gone through. Because of this, I believe it is only fair that I tell you my story. If nothing else, it will help you prepare, do you not agree?"

The dragonic knight turned towards the Ditto, and it was then that their eyes met amidst the cold, cold field of snow. For the first and only time, she talked him not as the leader of the Counter Corps, but simply as a fellow comrade, sharing the common goal of fighting to save others.

~ The Holy Grail ~

"Once upon a time, there was a kingdom. Its last king had died to illness, leaving no apparent successor. Without anyone to lead them, the kingdom was breaking apart, but when things were darkest, someone rose up to take control. The figure pulled out the former king's sword from the stone, which no one else could do, and was henceforth known as King Arthur."

As she spoke, a large stone seemed to appear nearby, with an empty crack in the middle as if something had been pulled out of it. Such as, for instance, a blade. It was only there for a short while before vanishing, leaving no trace that it had ever been there.

"He was the perfect king, only ever serving his nation, never being selfish and prioritizing the welfare of the people over anything else. Despite the disarray and the foreign invaders, he successfully everyone together under the banner of Camelot, forming the Round Table, with the greatest kings and knights seated around it to show that all were equal. He may not have truly been a man, but no one cared so long as he was the perfect ruler. And for nine long years, Britain lived in peace and harmony... However, one day, a knight left the Round Table, saying that 'the king does not understand human feelings'."

As they carried on, a table seemed to form off in the distance. Large. Elegant. Round. And with a piece of it cracked off.

"This was the beginning of the end, as more and more people started to question their king's undying loyalty, for he was like a machine, serving the nation perfectly, but never showing any emotion of his own. Eventually, when the king came back after having fought a far-off battle, he found that Camelot had been seized by some of his former knights, led by Mordred. The nation was enveloped in war between the two forces, culminating in the Battle of Camlann, wherein King Arthur managed to beat Mordred in single combat atop a mountain of bodies, at the cost of taking a fatal wound. Dying, all alone, he wished for one thing only...to change Britain's fate of destruction."

It may been a trick of the light, but the snow underneath their feet turned redder, like blood soaking into it, as though her words were weaving the very reality around them.

"His desperate cry was answered by the World. He would be brought forth to a distant land in the far-off future to participate in an event known as the Holy Grail War, become the Servant of a magus, fight to the death with six other Servants, and attain victory... Do you recall my Ultimate Enemy, the one you and I faced back in the Pathway to Death? Yes. That was when I first met him."

BTvQQ7F.jpg

"Emiya Kiritsugu was the man who summoned me. To the world, he was infamously known as the Magus Killer, hunting down heretics and criminals no matter the cost. I thought we had something in common at first, but over time, I grew to despise him. A pragmatic utilitarian, blatantly disregarding the lives of others, not hesitating to kill a few innocents if it saved a hundred more. He brought me forth to fight for him, and I came to learn that he would sacrifice whoever necessary to attain the Holy Grail. Even so, he claimed that it was all for world peace. I hated that more than anything. Perhaps that was why my kingdom betrayed me."

The air shifted. The sound of gunshots and explosions could be heard in the distance.

"Nonetheless, I was willing to do anything to obtain the Holy Grail, even if it meant relying on Kiritsugu's own cruel methods, but, at the very end of the war, when the Holy Grail was right before us,he...ordered me to destroy it. He had to invoke his right as a Master twice to force me into doing so. I was caught in the explosion of my own attack and incinerated. At the time, I didn't understand why. Him, of all people. Truly, he spoke to me nay but three times, each time only to issue an order, so how could I understand?"

Her footsteps came to a halt.

"Since I had failed, I was summoned once more, ten years into the future, this time by Kiritsugu's adopted son. A boy by the name of Emiya Shirou. He was kind, hopeful, and idealistic, yet also seemed to have the mindset Kiritsugu had. As it was with his predecessor, we fought to the very end of the war. But this time, when the Holy Grail was before us, I decided to strike first. I betrayed that boy before he could betray me." For a second, it seemed that Arturia had been splashed with blood out of nowhere, but maybe it had only been Neos's imagination since she appeared perfectly clean afterwards. "I obtained the great artifact, and my wish was granted. I went back in time and changed Britain's fate - but the Grail was corrupted. Deep down, I must've known it had been, but I still chose to use it because I was so desperate. The consequence was a monster of ultimate evil following me into the past, descending upon the kingdom and burning it to the ground. Instead of saving Britain, I made it worse."

A wave of snow blew past them, lasting for a few moments, and when it ceased, countless charred bodies had appeared out of thin air, littering the snow around them. This time, it couldn't have been a trick of the light or the imagination. Each and every one of them with hollow eyes staring straight at their positions. Either Arturia hadn't noticed them, or she had long since gotten used to such sights.

"As a result of the fire, everyone else in Camelot died. It was the near-impossible act of slaying Angra Mainyu, All The Evils Of The World in physical form, that made me a Counter Guardian. Ever since then, I have been hunting down other such enemies all across reality... I suppose you could say that, for me, living this kind of life is the only atonement allowed to me for failing my own people."

Shrugging it off, she resumed walking. 

The forest was up ahead now, only a few minutes away.

"You are free to stay by my side, Neos, but now that you know my story, you are free to take another route in if you wish, so that you need not encounter my demons. It is your choice. I would not wish to slow you down."

Killua

The darkness dispersed at last, as Killua crossed the other frame of the dark mirrored world.  Stepping out of its crystalline frame, he was back on the Pathway to Truth, a crescent orange light dawning before him.  He climbed a short stone staircase that neatly greeted him, pausing for just a moment at its center, as he turned to look back at the dark world he had only just left.  Encountering this shadow of Illumi confused him.  Was this something his mind conjured?  Was it something the Pathway Conjured?  Or perhaps it was a combination of both.  Either way, he had conquered it rather easily, having already defeated Illumi twice before.  

He turned around, dismissing the thoughts as he stepped out onto an almost empty zone now.  A floating, rather rickety looking wooden platform stood out ominously above an infinite drop into nothingness.  But Killua wasn't one to be afraid of heights, and so he stepped onto it without hesitation.  It remained motionless for a moment, until he mentally willed the platform to "Go".  With his thoughts, it began to climb, bob, and weave throughout the orange sky.  Typically, Killua would give his surroundings a once over, but because he was having so much fun on this pathway, he paid the fall beneath him no mind.  He couldn't help but smile through the madness.  He had had a race with a lady dragon, he had defeated Illumi, he had gotten to hang out with Gon--

Wait.  Gon?  Was that the presence he was unsure of?  He was so riddled with fear at the pathway's start, that he assumed he was only wishing Gon were here.  But, could it actually be true?  Cursing under his breath, Killua's mood dampened, as he went forward with the floating wooden platform, until he reached a much more lengthy stone staircase.  Hopping off of his ride, the platform floated lazily away, forcing Killua to continue upwards.  

As he climbed higher and higher, Killua could make out what should have been the end of the pathway.  A tall crystal sat in wait for its next companion.  Killua approached it, laying a hand directly on the crystal, as it forged a question in his mind.

‘Are you content with your present self’?

He grinned.  Despite the mistakes, despite the missteps, Killua was happy.  And he wasn't going to change that.  "Well, duh."

With those words, Killua was surrounded by powerful magic, before being whisked away off of his final pathway, and into a world of nothing.

“Ah, so you’re finally talking again, my dear Avatar. Well, for the first question…I’ll just say that I’m going to make the impossible, possible. And for my answer will stay the same for the latter question. As we have no idea about it, then it’s our job to know more by actually tampering with it.

However…perhaps I might need to hazard a guess of my own this time. As you said, this is the point of Origin, the keystone towards the concept of existence as we know it itself. Change it even slightly, and everything is affected, whether it’s for better or worse. What’s everything? Everything, of course.Everything that exists.Everything that used to exist.Everything that will exist.And perhaps, everything that could never actually exist. People, events, worlds, universes, multiverses, every single thing, in a grand scale that should pretty much be better left of as incomprehensible. Tampering with what’s here means that those will all be affected. Things that shouldn’t exist might exist or happen, and things that had existed might disappear, retconned. Universes being deleted, new universes being born.Potential paths being blocked, new paths being created.Perhaps this is still a small percentage of things that entails from that act, so as the one actually capable of understanding everything, I reckon that it might be for the betterment of everyone if you educate us about this more."

Well, at least she sorts of gets it, at least. Though her understanding was pitiful, to say the least or most really.

“Ah…sorry if I’m getting a bit pushy in regards to these, but…as some sort of thought experiment…

What if…this entire place…the point of Origin…the Door itself…disappears? What would happen in that scenario, I wonder?”

What if the Door disappears? Was she high on tea? That could be the only reason as to why she would ask such an absurd question.

Nothing would happen, why would it? The Door is just a physical manifestation of Origin, crafted by mortal beings. The same beings who created the Pathways and Prologuous. They sought out the power of Origin as well, but they at least proved intelligent enough to realize what they were doing. Which was why the Key and the Map were safely ensconced, though, not safely enough it would seem. Sadly, common sense doesn't appear commonplace in the omniverse, as it certainly wasn't present in that Isamy brat. "To give everyone a happy ending" she said. How absurd, and sad. The folly of a youth several thousand years old is quite sad, since, even after all that time, she had no idea what happiness even is. There is no one true definition, as everyone has their own idea of happiness. So, logically, you can't apply it to the omniverse without pretty much deciding what everyone's happiness should be. No one deserves that power. No one should possess the right to decide how every other soul that exists in the omniverse should live their lives. No one possesses the self-control needed to be able to decide the fate of an infinite number of souls and possibilities. None of you present possess that quality, as no one born from Origin ever could. It was a fool's errand to come here.

As for why neither side turns on their leader, that's as apparent as the sun and moon. The Counter Corps have a tenuous trust in the Counter Guardian/Servant Arturia, but they have no one else to truly believe in. If they fracture, that just strengthens the Divine. They are together by the convenience of their alliance, and the band-aid of "good intentions". As for Protheus, he could, in reality, wipe out any Divine as he saw fit. They were only brought along to be glorified meat shields, but I can assure you that it wouldn't matter if they turned. He has millions of years of experience and knowledge at his disposal, so it would be truly difficult to take him down, while being downright impossible to best him in a one-on-one. Well, at least for you, it would be.

If it wasn't established yet, the Avatar was actually laughing as he said his last few lines.

~Counter Corps - Path of Death - Jace's POV~

"HE WAS READING MY MIND AGAIN!"

Jace couldn't help but cover his ears at the sudden outburst, wincing at the pain from the shout. It did not help that the words were echoed loudly from her head, which meant he caught the rage twice.

"Ow," he wound up saying with a muted whine. Jace was quick to turn around, his hands still over his ears, though the spin was enough for his hood to fly back off his head.

He had been ready to give her a chewout for the double-shot. Instead, he had seen her walk away from what looked suspiciously like a grave marker that had, if his nose was not deceiving him, just got quite the scorching. His face had softened upon seeing this, realizing that Chandra may soon face what he has already endured so many times in his life.

Gideon Jura.

The mindmage didn't know the name or anyone with it, personally. Though, considering the look on Chandra's face, the name belonged to someone she was rather familiar with.

"...I probably shouldn't be asking, but..." Jace's eyes flicked back towards the gravestone, unable to read anything other than the name on it, before looking back towards the unhappy pyromancer. "May I dare ask whom this 'Gideon Jura' was?"

He was not going to try to read her mind, it had been drilled pretty hard into his brain to not do so outside of combat. In fact the only reason past thoughts echoed through were the fact that they were loud enough to bypass his mental barriers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~??? - Prologuous - Gemini's POV~

You are NOT supposed to be here Gemini. Your true self is back on the Pathways, and your presence will not be tolerated. Disengage and return to Origin like a good puppet.

"Puh-lease," Gemini spoke with a grin, a calm shrug coming from his shoulders as he sat over the unmoving clock. "You know full well I can be in multiple places at once here. For now, however..."

For the moment, Gemini disappeared from view, only to reappear upon one of the empty chairs within the odd tea party that had formed here. "Would you happen to have some cinnamon tea, m'de...you."

Gemini silenced himself as he realized whom was heading the tea party and instead chose to level a piercing glare. Oh, he was justified for the moment, considering he was still a sore ass about the events in Truth...metaphorically and literally. Thankfully enough, it wasn't sore enough to prevent him from sitting properly anymore.

Despite currently being a part of Origin, even he didn't know the answer to that, though the demon in human skin did have a few theories. Taking another glance towards the Avatar, however, Gemini figured that his silence would probably be best for now and instead chose to drink from the steaming tea that finally formed in front of him while being completely unbothered by the heat, the scent of cinnamon and sugar clear to his nose.

Nothing would happen, why would it? The Door is just a physical manifestation of Origin, crafted by mortal beings. The same beings who created the Pathways and Prologuous. They sought out the power of Origin as well, but they at least proved intelligent enough to realize what they were doing. Which was why the Key and the Map were safely ensconced, though, not safely enough it would seem. Sadly, common sense doesn't appear commonplace in the omniverse, as it certainly wasn't present in that Isamy brat. "To give everyone a happy ending" she said. How absurd, and sad. The folly of a youth several thousand years old is quite sad, since, even after all that time, she had no idea what happiness even is. There is no one true definition, as everyone has their own idea of happiness. So, logically, you can't apply it to the omniverse without pretty much deciding what everyone's happiness should be. No one deserves that power. No one should possess the right to decide how every other soul that exists in the omniverse should live their lives. No one possesses the self-control needed to be able to decide the fate of an infinite number of souls and possibilities. None of you present possess that quality, as no one born from Origin ever could. It was a fool's errand to come here.

As for why neither side turns on their leader, that's as apparent as the sun and moon. The Counter Corps have a tenuous trust in the Counter Guardian/Servant Arturia, but they have no one else to truly believe in. If they fracture, that just strengthens the Divine. They are together by the convenience of their alliance, and the band-aid of "good intentions". As for Protheus, he could, in reality, wipe out any Divine as he saw fit. They were only brought along to be glorified meat shields, but I can assure you that it wouldn't matter if they turned. He has millions of years of experience and knowledge at his disposal, so it would be truly difficult to take him down, while being downright impossible to best him in a one-on-one. Well, at least for you, it would be.

Well, that shattered his theories way out of the window...though he rather-wished they had been true.

It does explain the Arturia chick's actions a little better, though, he thought to himself as he took another gulp of his tea.

~The Divine - Prologuous - Tesability's POV~

Tesability just could not wrap her brain around the scene displayed in front of her.

These goofy...beings...were all 'drinking' something while the equal of something stronger than a Boss NetMonster was looming over them, not even showing a mere hint of fright or nerves that would would often plague even the most steel-minded of Champions.

"...wha' ish yu dueensh," (...what are you doing?) the black dragon asked under her breath, her wings folded in to hide the gold in them as she just stared at them all.

"Ah, another has arrived, I see. The youngest and the oldest of this group of characters...and the only one I have any pity for..."

Pity?

The dragon blinked as she walked between the two as they talked about things she clearly didn't understand, glancing over towards the strange table with almost-everyone around it. She spotted a few humans among them, so she hoped that if she fell, one of them would be able to revive her again.

With all the curiosity of a child, though slightly tempered by the fact that, if not careful, this thing could possibly do more than wipe the floor with her, the Great-Dane-sized dragonling pawed over towards the Avatar and lifted a paw to poke it with a claw. "Hoo ish you?" (Who are you?)

~Counter Corps - Path of Remembrence - Neos' POV~

"Neos. Within that forest, I may witness parts of your past, and you may witness parts of mine. I have seen Gemini and come to know a bit of what you have gone through. Because of this, I believe it is only fair that I tell you my story. If nothing else, it will help you prepare, do you not agree?"

Neon-green met vivid-blue after the question was asked, the false human tensed a little upon recalling that she had to see that bastard. He gave her a silent nod before she continued, patiently listening to her tale. Thanks to his sharpened eyesight, he began seeing strange things, almost as if they were mirroring the tale she was telling to illustrate.

"He was the perfect king, only ever serving his nation, never being selfish and prioritizing the welfare of the people over anything else. Despite the disarray and the foreign invaders, he successfully everyone together under the banner of Camelot, forming the Round Table, with the greatest kings and knights seated around it to show that all were equal. He may not have truly been a man, but no one cared so long as he was the perfect ruler. And for nine long years, Britain lived in peace and harmony... However, one day, a knight left the Round Table, saying that 'the king does not understand human feelings'."

He put so much into ruling his nation that he forgot himself, Neos mused to himself, his focus never leaving the Counter Guardian, though what he saw at the edges of his vision made that difficult.

"Do you recall my Ultimate Enemy, the one you and I faced back in the Pathway to Death?" He nodded to this question before she continued. "Yes . That was when I first met him."

As he listened, the sounds of gunfire managed to pull a minor reaction, flinching before he could stop himself and rubbing a small area on his chest near his shoulder.

"I suppose you could say that, for me, living this kind of life is the only atonement allowed to me for failing my own people."

...how many times has Jace said similar, Neos found himself asking in his head upon the statement, before she started walking. He soon followed.

"You are free to stay by my side, Neos, but now that you know my story, you are free to take another route in if you wish, so that you need not encounter my demons. It is your choice. I would not wish to slow you down."

"You're not the first person to seek atonement for past actions, Arturia. Jace is still the same way for reasons he can't seem to say or project without falling back into his depression," Neos soon said as he walked up beside her with a sad smile, his long legs allowing him to catch up easily enough. "Unfortunately, my own tale is shattered between multiple universes, so I can't so easily summarize mine like you have. Though, if what you say about these memory golems are true..."

At this point, Neos raised his hands in front of himself, a bluish light floating above each of them. One of the two lights floated towards a small space just ahead of him as the other stretched out to a longer length. Neos wrapped his hand around the lengthening energy, which soon crystallized into what appeared as a quarterstaff with the ends being slightly-larger, possibly weighted. The energy in front of him began to reshape itself upon touching the ground, finally forming a vaguely-foxlike creature of a similar coloration with three tails, rabbit-like ears and a red jewel upon its forehead. It gave a ambient glow around itself as it looked up towards Neos with solid-blue eyes. "Alright, Em, you know the drill." With a nod, it scurried off ahead of the duo as he looked up towards Arturia. "Emerald's gonna scout ahead for anything that shows up early. If he finds something, I'll know immediately."

"Or so you would think."

All the yellow in his skin vanished at the voice as he slowly turned towards the source behind him, seeing a familiar white labcoat and blonde hair on the man wearing it. "Se...Severian..."

A smirk that would almost remind someone that knew about him of Gemini, the stranger began to walk up to the duo, though Neos took a step or two away himself. "Since you're still standing, I'm glad to see that fake heart of yours is still functioning as it should." Neos was growling under his breath.

"The only reason you agreed to that damned operation was because it was essentially an experiment and you just couldn't pass the opportunity to work on me up, you f*cking creep!"

Severian only closed his pale-blue eyes and shrugged for a moment before looking back up with a calm look. "Such experiments are best done with a steady hand. Though, once a way to recreate certain organs that do not need a constant source of magic is discovered, a lot more lives can be kept from needlessly dying." A sigh escaped his lips before shaking his head. "Honestly, is this how you act around someone that saved your life?"

Yukari Yakumo

Prologuous

Listening towards the Avatar’s words closely, Yukari couldn’t help but to smile, even when it poked fun at her certain inability to defeat anyone in her current state. Was it right? Absolutely, and the old youkai even somewhat appreciated that the Avatar said the last lines with a strong hint of amusement in its tone, as if it was laughing. The bits and pieces regarding the previous Maximus intrigued her too – being a late participant to the war, she had little to no knowledge regarding the girl. Perhaps that other Yukari had some knowledge about this, but she’s not here yet anyway.

“Then I guess that’s more reasoning to hold a party here.” 

There’s really nothing much to argue here. She’s still not in a position to make a move anyway, and the stage hadn’t been set yet. The Avatar’s words were right, and there’s not really that much points in arguing over it. The three Divines before her didn’t seem like they would aid her much, and Reimu was definitely getting more and more distrustful to her. 

Then again, she actually had no idea on what to do next just yet. Aside of a vague goal to prevent Arturia and Protheus from getting into the Door and to have herself secure her Gensokyo’s existence, she still had nothing concrete just yet. So far, she’s simply laying down the base of potential plans, without really knowing where they would lead. A clear sign that she’s really out of her game. 

It’s not something to worry about now, at least. There’s still a conversation to keep up, and a party to host.

“So…you said that the Door and the entire Pathways were a creation of mortals, made to harness what lies at the point of Origin itself, or something like that. And this place too, was a creation of mortals. After whatever they did with these, they left a Key and Map outside, hiding them for some reasons.

So what are you saying is that you’re also a creation of these mortals? Perhaps I’m jumping to conclusions here, but it’d be interesting if it’s the case. Then again, who are these people anyway?”

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Perhaps she really did have fallen that low after all of the thing that happened to her. 

But maybe that’s something that she should appreciate. Granted, the thing the Avatar said regarding it might give her more insight on what exactly Arturia had in mind right now, and what exactly was her plan right now so perhaps it’s not a meaningless conversation anyway. 

However, another presence shifted her attention from the Avatar temporarily. A presence that had been there for quite a while, apparently.

"Would you happen to have some cinnamon tea, m'de...you."

“…Hmm? A new guest? Take a seat, the more is the merrier here.” While waiting for the Avatar to answer her question, someone appeared at one of the seat all of the suddenly, though he still was already enjoying his tea apparently during the time Yukari was focused on the Avatar. An uninvited guest, and someone that Yukari somewhat wished to not be here, once again she was tempted to just drop Gemini inside of the Avatar or just outside of the bounds of the walls before anything like what happened in Truth happened again here.

Although, as she looked at Koishi not seemingly be disturbed by his presence anymore, Yukari decided that she’d welcome him into the tea party. In retrospect, it would be very rude of her to not serve her guest properly as the host anyway. No matter who he was, it should be fair if she properly be a host in front of him too. Then again, she was not really in the mood of starting yet another round against him for now.

“So Gemini, you’re looking pretty chipper as usual. Anything you seek out to do here or are you here just for the sake of your amusement as usual?”

Team Dorian: Prologous

The young Bennu stepped through the final door and he immediately rolled his eyes as even in the far distance he could see the Avatar in the distance. By being in the same area as Rhadamanthys though he was able to immediately pick up on his cosmos. This was weird. This thing looked like some kind of final boss monster, yet it was clear that no one was actually fighting. This new predicament was quite confusing. Nevertheless there was only one thing to do and fly straight towards the action. 

Just as Dorian entered through his door Butler and Ragnarok turned in his general direction. He could feel the Black blood that had solidified inside of the young specter. Ha would you look at that, the little brat actually pulled it off. You couldn't have told me he was actually strong enough to be that chick in a fight. Rhadamanthys looked in Dorian's direction and raised an eyebrow. That is actually impressive, he tapped into the dormant power of the surplice Oneirios gave him. It seems that Master Dorian has actually done some growing up as well. The journey between the door and here is very time consuming and even though it seems as if the enemy has stopped his efforts to destroy us I would like to put our contingency plan to go into effect. Butlerok grew another hand out his back and this hand proceeded to gather...something in its palm but it was not truly clear what this "something" was. 

Dorian instantly felt a tug in his chest and a second later he felt a massive force pull him at blazing speed. Within a full minute he felt himself being gripped by a massive hand. Naturally he was shaken up by the event. By the time he came to his sense he witnessed that everyone was at...a tea party. While his face looked perplexed it was fair to say that his comrades had a similar expression of confusion. Master? Butler asked. Yeeaaahhhhh This is me now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Wait how did this happen? Ragnarok laughed as he inquired. This surplice was a trap! Do not blame the armor for the follies of the man. Had you actually controlled your cosmos instead of just giving in to the will of the surplice then you would have been able to control the encroachment. Can you fix this? Butler asked. Rhadamanthys stood up and put his hand on Dorian's chest. Within seconds chunks of the surplice were reverting back to their old forms and falling off. In no time at all Dorian was back into his old body. Though he still seemed to be smoking. Dorian let out a slight breathe of relief as he proceeded to look back at his hands and legs. He had those again which was good start to say the least. Butler stood up and had the young lad sit in his chair. So anyone want to tell me what is going on?

So far this is the final place where all the doors lead. That huge piece of matter there constantly refers to something as "the Origin." This Origin is probably Protheus' goal. Okay, I'm following. After several attempts at defeating the creature we have come to a stalemate. Pfft Dorian said as he scoffed at the thought of having to face another one of these "conceptual" enemies. Something convoluted for the sake of being convoluted. The tea gathering here is due to the kind actions of one Ms. Yukari. Butler motions his hand to Yukari. Dorian notes that Yukari is talking to Gemini, but still waves nonetheless. So what's the plan? We are waiting for some reason. I do not have a problem with this, I could use a break.

Dorian took in a deep breath and sat straight in his chair. I suppose we shall proceed then with our own plan then. I would like to sir. The souls in our body were at some point used to turn into a bomb. This should be able to rectify that problem. How much will this hurt again? This will only take a second. As Ragnarok finished his statement a tiny black ball shot out of stomach. Ragnarok smiled and opened a massive mouth. The dark weapon swallowed Dorian, the small floating ball of black blood and Butler. Rhadamanthys returned to his seat and sipped some tea while the rest of his comrades became a massive black ball. And the waiting begins.

Ending location: Prologous

[Death C8] - Sora vs. Ventus-Vanitas | Zilyana & Kree’arra vs. Zamorak

Sora launched two of his Keyblades at Ventus-Vanitas, but with the snap of his fingers, Ventus-Vanitas repelled the Keyblades away, sending them right back at Sora. A Reflega spell protected Sora, though the Keyblades redirected themselves after being bounced away, pointing towards Sora and preparing to strike again. Sora trapped them with a Magnega spell, though Ventus-Vanitas was diving towards Sora, the two warriors still hovering above the air. Keyblade against Keyblade, they ascended higher within the hallways, with no ceiling in sight, and the blue torches slowly fading away from their field of vision.

"I see you've got some good tricks," Sora said.

"Tricks?" Ventus-Vanitas laughed, deflecting a Firaga from Sora. "No, it's just another part of my revenge. Who we are… who I am, that is what you truly owe your power to. I'm just taking back what's mine." The Magnega spell broke, and the Keyblades caught in the spell flew back to Sora's side. "Although, you have managed to obtain some power of your own. So this might take some work."

Ventus-Vanitas bared his teeth, smiling as darkness bled out of his body, summoning the Trinity Mammoth and the Iron Imprisoner V. The Mammoth charged out of the darkness from Ventus-Vanitas, gliding through the air towards Sora, while the Imprisoner spun its staff, sending twin orbs of fire and thunder towards Sora, metal segments spreading out of the sphere and wrapping around each other. Sora used two of his Keyblades, each charged with the Blizzaga spell, to hit against the spheres, destroying them, while his third Keyblade cut through the Mammoth's head, causing the Unversed to explode completely. As the smoke left behind from the evaporating darkness subsided, Ventus-Vanitas appeared.

His χ-blade clashed against Sora's main Keyblade, and as Sora commanded the other Keyblades, Ventus-Vanitas focused his attention on one of them until, forcing it to hit the other Keyblade mid-flight, then flying towards Ventus-Vanitas until he could grab onto it. As soon as he brought the stolen Keyblade towards Sora, Sora's Drive broke apart. Sora and Xion were thrown back, though they bounced back so they can stand, even still in the air.

"What just happened?" Sora asked, though he saw his answer before him. Roxas was gliding around Ventus-Vanitas, taking back the Keyblade that Ventus-Vanitas had stolen.

"So you're going to fight for yourself, then?" Ventus-Vanitas asked with a smirk. "I hope you're willing to die for your friends like I did." The Iron Imprisoner was behind Roxas, and before Roxas could turn back to counter, the Unversed drove its staff into Roxas' back.

Kree'arra summoned small gusts of wind, capturing Kemtros within them, and Zilyana brought her sword upwards, taking it through the wind and aiming towards Kemtros, though he blocked with his own sword. It lasted only for a moment, though, as the wind spun Kemtros around until he was facing Kree'arra, who struck Kemtros' armor with his talons, knocking the supposed World Guardian onto the ground. He rolled around until he was stopped by Zilyana planting a foot into his back, and her sword into the ground right next to Kemtros' neck. "You may not be the real thing, but Saradomin does trust him. I'm only sparing you to ensure that I can do the same should a proper battle await me back home."

"Is that really such a good idea?" Zamorak taunted from his throne. "You may not be so lucky upon your return."

"Then tell us this," Kree'arra said. "If this Pathway is to play upon our fears for the future, then you owe it to us to make us believe in them. Zilyana I could understand." He shrugged when the icyene shot him a glare. "But myself? I'm not convinced that he truly would betray me. He supported Armadyl against Sliske. He fought for my lord's side to stop Bandos. I may not have seen either of those for myself. Indeed, our fight in the race to Guthix is the most time I had to personally understand him. But for what my people tell of him… he would not side with us just to defeat a common enemy. Kemtros is a hero, who genuinely believes in the justice I serve!"

Zamorak was clapping his hands, nodding towards Kree'arra in approval. "Very good. Yes, it wouldn't do for this Pathway to present you with a fear that has no basis to become a reality." Rising from his chair, Zamorak pointed his hand in their direction. A bolt of lightning shot from his fingertips, and rings of flame rose up, surrounding Zilyana and Kemtros. "You've passed the first test, Kree'arra, but I cannot say the same for Zilyana. Kemtros abandoned Saradomin when the traitors among the Mahjarrat began to fill his head with lies of the 'glory' of Zaros. Time and again, he has favored Armadyl over Saradomin. Should your masters come to blows, where do you think he would stand? He would serve Armadyl regardless, but what of Saradomin? Would the 'World Guardian' allow your masters to work together, or would he do all within his power to tip the scales in Armadyl's favor?"

Zilyana drew up her sword from the ground. "You're the one standing here, not Armadyl. If I were to be afraid of him, he would be the one facing me now."

"Then what do you admit?" Zamorak asked. "Are you truly afraid of me?"

"Of course I'm afraid. For as long as I've fought against you, I'm afraid of it all being for nothing. That's why I choose to keep on living until I see you die."

"And then? What will you do after that?"

Zilyana paused. "After that…"

"You've known war for so much of your life. I'm a common enemy uniting your causes. The war will continue even if I do not live to see it. When that happens, you will turn against each other."

"You're lying!" Kree'arra shouted. He approached Zilyana, although the flames kept him away. "There doesn't need to be any more war after him. Zilyana, I promise you that. Our soldiers may wish to fight, but we are generals for a reason! If Lord Armadyl and Saradomin - Lord Saradomin - wish to work together, then it's up to us to keep the peace. Even if the World Guardian may not believe you, please have faith in me. I promise you not only that he will listen to me, but that I will use that trust to have him hear you out. Zamorak would see us against one another even if Death himself were to stop him. We cannot let him win this."

Zilyana rubbed an arm against her face. "You're an idiot. You know that right?"

"Zilyana?"

"Armadyl wants peace. Saradomin wants order. Those are not so separate ideals that we would need a common enemy like chaos to unite them. You don't need to speak on my behalf. I will show the value of my cause to the World Guardian. I will prove myself to Kemtros through my own efforts!" Zilyana stepped off of Kemtros, cutting her blade through down through the flames, rolling through them before they recovered. Kemtros rose up from the ground, his armor flickering and changing shape, from silver and blue to gold and orange, before his entire form began to completely white, before vanishing a column of light. "Not even the World Guardian will fall to your claims of strength through chaos. We will stand together, against you, and in the future beyond you!"

Sparks forms in Zamorak's hands, the god sneering as the two generals began to come forward, racing against him with Zilyana holding her sword close, and Kree'arra taking to the air as the wind around him grew thicker as he drew closer. Zamorak laughed. "You chose your last words wisely." Once more, Zamorak sent lightning towards them, this time from each hand, with both strikes carrying a stronger charge than before. The first missed Kree'arra, while the other was heading closer towards Zilyana. She tried to move away from the strike, but she was knocked aside. Only a strand of her hair was caught in the blast, barely singing her. She kept her balance after the push, standing up to watch as Kree'arra was still. A hole formed through his chest, bloody dripping out before Kree'arra dropped onto his knees, falling into Zilyana's arms.

Roxas was sent down to the ground, a cage forming around him at the Iron Imprisoner's will. It followed him as he fell, while Sora and Xion get their focus on Ventus-Vanitas. "This is going quite nicely," Ventus-Vanitas said. He glided away from Sora and Xion, and back to where Zamorak stood. "I see you're making progress, Zamorak."

As Sora caught up, he saw Zilyana holding Kree'arra. He flew towards them before touching down, trying to reach up to Kree'arra, though he backed off as he could hear Zilyana fighting back tears. "You bastard," Zilyana said softly. "I didn't ask you to save me. Not if it meant this."

"Before we came here…" Kree'arra wasn't looking at Zilyana. His beak was only barely mouthing as he spoke. "You would have been happy to see my like this."

"But I don't want that anymore!" Zilyana helped Kree'arra stand straight, holding his head in her hands to keep his eyes on her. "We're on the same side now. We can keep on fighting, but not with each other. We can't keep on surviving."

"We've been living on borrowed time." Kree'arra looked down to Sora, who tried to cast a Curaga spell, but only scabs began to spread out over Kree'arra's wound, leaving the hole still open. "This is your fight. See it through to the end. Take the Staff. Don't let this be for nothing." With one more breath, Kree'arra head dipped on its side. Zilyana let go of him, and Kree'arra didn't move anymore. He simply remained there standing.

"This isn't right," Zilyana said. "Why did this have to happen?"

"It's a fair trade," Zamorak answered. "He lost the World Guardian, and you have lost him." Zilyana screamed at him, dragging her sword through the floor. Sora called out to her, but his words fell flat, while Zamorak shook his head. "Disappointing. Are you truly going to learn nothing?"

"Who cares if she does or doesn't?" Ventus-Vanitas asked. Xion had swung her Keyblade against him, though he ducked, elbowing her in the chest, though Xion kicked him against the rib, before they each brought their own Keyblades up against one another. "All of you are just extensions of Sora. His Nobody, his replica, and two tagalongs to a failed plan to make up for his own loss." The Iron Imprisoner stood beside Ventus-Vanitas, but with a raised hand, he commanded the Unversed to be destroyed, taking its energy back into himself. "Sora. Even if you can still fight, you owe it to sacrifice. How many have died since this war began? All of you who have made it this far owe your lives to those who have died along the way. The people who were sent to the Shadow Realm and never returned, the ones who were buried in the Desert Seth, the pathetic idiots who couldn't even survive Ophelia, have been cast aside by Arturia. You couldn't even defeat Isamy, and now you're all trying to run after her dad."

”They died because of people like you who only care about themselves!" Roxas shined with the aura of Ra, and although Ventus-Vanitas was prepared to fight with his χ-blade, Roxas was standing before Ventus-Vanitas in seconds, stabbing through the χ-blade before taking it back out and slashing through Ventus-Vanitas, cutting through the specter's chest.

As Ventus-Vanitas howled at the pain, six white lights shot out of his back, connecting to his body before changing in shape. They shifted around, transforming into wings, while Ventus-Vanitas' skin began to turn a pale gray. "Was that supposed to kill us?" Holding the two Kingdom Keys comprising the χ-blade, Ventus-Vanitas broke his weapon in two, using the individual Keyblades to strike Roxas. His own Keyblade kept one to the side, but the other cut upwards, severing Roxas' left arm at the shoulder.

Xion and Sora rushed to Roxas' aid, but a strike of lightning kept them aside. Zamorak was holding Zilyana by the head, his claws digging into her face. "I am only here for this one," Zamorak told them. "However, if she is but another piece in your own trial, then I keep her alive long enough just to savor this moment."

Sora and Xion channeled their own piece of Ra's power, but Ventus-Vanitas held the Keyblades together, they fused together to remake the χ-blade. "Hope demands sacrifice. The more lives you wish to save, the more sacrifices you'll have to endure." Sora, Roxas, and Xion each cast Faith, causing a dozen pillars of light to surround them all. Ventus-Vanitas folded his wings against himself, the pillars hitting against them without effect, and when the light they created subsided, Ventus-Vanitas had stabbed Roxas with the χ-blade. "And we are here to test your worth as a protector."

”Sora…" Roxas was bleeding from the mouth. The Keyblade fell from his hand, shattering in particles of light. Sora and Xion stood in front of him, while Ventus-Vanitas spread out his wings, calling a gust of wind around them. Sora and Xion stood their ground, while Roxas was thrown back. ”Xion…!" Golden light began to shine from his chest, leading to an orb rising from the source. ”I'm sorry… I wasted your chance." He clutched the sphere, tightening his hand until the sphere shattered. Three lights broke out from his hand. Two hit against Sora and Xion, while the third reached farther down the hallway. Roxas' back hit against cold, hard ground. He looked up into the darkness. He doubted there could be any kind of roof to the hallway, as the darkness seemed to stretch on forever ”It's up to you guys. At least now… I can see you again… Naminé."

Chandra

Pathway of Death: A4

Chandra's head was bowed, saddened by the grave she'd just finished damaging when the mindmage spun around to talk to her.

"May I dare ask whom this 'Gideon Jura' was?"

"Gideon was a planeswalker, someone I encountered during my travels. The first time I met him, he fought me when I tried to retake the Dragon Scroll, the same one you retrieved off me the first time I stole it. After I escaped the prison he'd given me over to, he tracked me down and helped me out on another plane, before following me to Regatha. It was there that I eventually came to see him as a friend, after he helped me get through the Purifying Fire intact. We parted ways after that, and I hadn't encountered him before this whole war started and I was dragged into it. Now ... now he's probably dead, along with the rest of our multiverse."

Chandra had choked up somewhat at the last bit, before turning away and walking forward down the wooden pathway they were following.

"All we can do now is continue on, and get through these pathways so we can ensure Arturia reaches the origin and fix our multiverse so we can return there.

Ayame

Pathway of Death: A9

Inside the dome of lightning, a completely different world had appeared. Standing on a rooftop looking around, Ayame recognised where she was, the Shadow Realm, and more precisely the roof of the Castle of Necrophades. Something else notable was the fact that her foe was no longer in sight at all, but far above void dragons had started to circle ready to attack.

"This is a Reality Marble, isn't it. The same thing Emiya used to carry the Counter Corps around originally and the only piece of magic you brought along that was uniquely yours when you possessed me."

From all around her, a voice reverberated.

"Indeed, little hybrid brat, this is what you humans call a reality marble. Though, mine is more real than that Emiya's would be, and far easier to manifest I'm sure."

"Oh, how so."

"Unlike him, this isn't a manifestation of my mind, this is the remaining fragments of the world I once was, everything remaining of what I once was and newly given form in the shape of a reality marble. As such, I don't even exist as a separate entity here, this entire world is me, and I control everything in it."

Ayame's eyes narrowed, figuring out how to fight against someone who wasn't even a separate person in a world they controlled.

"This world is you, huh. So if I was to break this world, it would break you along with it, right."

"Hah, maybe so, but you have no way to break a world. I know every last ability you possess, and not a single one of them is capable of bringing down a reality marble. You'll die here, alone with no-one to help you."

Still rapidly thinking, Ayame's eyes seemed to sparkle slightly, as a thought came to mind. 

"You're wrong in one way, I may not have had a way to kill you before, but I might have one now."

Lightning sprouted off her, caging her from all directions to protect her, while she tried to pull off something she had never tried before.

"I, who am both demon and human. My core is lightning and my body is steel."

The dragons circling above dived down, attacking the cage as it blocked their passage to her. From around the roof, voidlings appeared, striking from the side as they tried to break through her defence. 

"I have been corrupted and survived. I have been possessed and fought it off. I have lost everything, but fight on."

As her words seemed to reach a pitch, lightning sparked from every location in her body, reinforcing the cage to hold out for just a little longer.

"Let my words ring now, and turn this world into my arena."

The cage collapsed, but she chanted the last words just before they could reach her.

"Grant my my battlefield, Lightning Storm Arena."

Just as her opponent had triggered before, magic burst out of her body, sweeping across the world and changing it to the inner world she'd found in Truth. Around her, a steel arena had appeared, a lattice of metal bars forming the floor and, off in the distance, walls. Above was open, but clouds covered the sky, crackling with lightning that raced across every inch of them and struck down into the arena on occasion. And far below, down beyond the latticework of the metal, a replication of her home town. Across from her, her opponent appeared, blackened and damaged as she did. With barely a thought, more lightning struck down from above, directly onto her foe to keep the remnants distracted in pain long enough for her to draw the sword by her side, reach the demon and stab it straight through the heart. As she did, the world around her shattered once more, returning both to the corridor in Death as the blackened lightning dissipated. Instead of getting up, Ayame sunk to the floor, exhausted from the sheer extent of power she'd had to throw around in order to bring out her own reality marble and overwhelm her opponents.

~Counter Corps - Path of Remembrance - Neos' & Arturia's POV~

After Arturia had related her tale, Neos decided to summon some sort of creature called Emerald, having it scout up ahead in order to potentially find any memory golems, or perhaps other people nearby. Indeed, if they could obtain any information whatsoever on what lay ahead, it would make their progress a little easier. Even the smallest advantage in the Pathway of Remembrance could prove to be useful.

However, just as he did so, a strange man by the name of Severian materialized behind them with a scientific appearance, likely another one person given form from his memories. While she couldn’t quite pinpoint his origins, there was something about his aura that reminded her of the land of Eorzea.

"Since you're still standing, I'm glad to see that fake heart of yours is still functioning as it should."

It appeared that there was something about the man that Neos despised, and it was quickly becoming apparent why as the two carried on with their conversation.

"The only reason you agreed to that damned operation was because it was essentially an experiment and you just couldn't pass the opportunity to work on me up, you f*cking creep!"

"Such experiments are best done with a steady hand. Though, once a way to recreate certain organs that do not need a constant source of magic is discovered, a lot more lives can be kept from needlessly dying." A sigh escaped his lips before shaking his head. "Honestly, is this how you act around someone that saved your life?"

So that was how it was. By some unknown event, the Ditto had suffered some critical damage, and it was that man of all people who stepped forth, providing him with an artificial heart - which, for a Ditto, was actually quite a remarkable feat - and keeping him from dying. Nonetheless, it was clear, even to Arturia, that the act hadn’t been out of goodwill.

“As his life has already been saved, I would say there is no longer any obligation to be grateful to someone on whom such things would be lost.” She spoke out, her gaze focused on the forest rather than on Severian. “Indeed, if you were able to operate on an alien creature, then your skill must be impressive, truly capable of saving countless lives. However, your actions mean little when compared to your intentions...”

“Alien? When he arrived at Ul’dah, he was just like any other Elezen, pointed ears and all.” At this point did the false human look away from the pair, embarrassment on his face.

“Having those pointed ears was weird,” he muttered under his breath, aimed at no one in particular.

“In all honesty, it’s his endurance that keeps that diamond heart working as it does,” Severian added with a smirk, bringing a hand under his chin as he rested the same arm’s elbow on the arm now wrapped around his waist. “I believe the Time spell placed on him to keep his blood flowing had changed with the different times he’s jumped from one reality to another, which leaves me curious about how it’s still working. Is it even still the same spell?”

“I see.” Arturia gave a glance at Neos, and said, “Your situation is somewhat unique compared to other dimensional travelers, being a Ditto who can physically adapt yourself to new worlds, to some extent.”

“I don’t always get to choose what ‘adaptations’ I endure in a new realm,” Neos added suddenly, still not looking at either of them. “Sometimes, I’m allowed to stay as-is, sometimes I’m formlocked with my abilities transformed, sometimes I’m forced to be the same as any normal human.” Finally, he looked back up towards Arturia, Neos completely refusing to look at the alchemist nearby. “It all seemed to depend on the laws of the universe I was in what would happen to me when I arrived.”

Once he was finished, the knight remained silent for a bit, as if thinking about this.

“This is merely a guess, but… Whereas a normal person would take all the laws of their homeworld with them, regardless of how practical they are elsewhere, you take only the ones most necessary, with the rest being ‘filled in’ by your destination, since you have that capacity. In other words, it could be said that you are, perhaps, a receptor of causality.”

A confused look slowly emerged on his face as he raised an eyebrow at the last few words. “I...guess…? I really don’t know.” A sigh left his lips. Neos was clearly eager to leave this damned thing behind, though he stayed for reasons he wasn’t even sure of.

“One word of advice for you, Second Flame Lieutenant Rivetter.” Neos heard Severian refer to him by a military title the Ditto never thought he’d be called again before turning around with a raised blue eyebrow. “I’d stay away from Dusty’s blade if I were you. Even I don’t know how something comprised of crystallized time could affect you.” Just when he thought the grin on the bastard’s face couldn’t get bigger, Severian decides to prove him wrong. “Though, the idea of a concept like time being made into something physical...hm, that sparks ideas…”

Neos released a sigh he didn’t know when was holding when the alchemist finally walked off, the false human flipping up a fist with the middle finger pointed straight up into the air at him. “A$$hole,” he grumbled under his breath before lowering the hand and letting it flatten out by his side. “That was not someone I wanted to see…”

“I can tell.” Arturia responded dryly.

“Still, his mention about that weapon… He must be referring to Impure Future, Protheus’s katana. The ability to reverse cause-and-effect itself is already dangerous on its own, but indeed, as crystallized time, there’s no telling what harm it could do to people like you.” She paused, as though having realized something. “No. Its ability aside, that must’ve been the exact reason he chose the blade. To help slay wanderers of time, like yourself.”

“Wanderer of time is questionable. More like a forced wanderer of space.”

At that, Arturia let out a chuckle. “Time and space are inherently connected. Even the mere act of moving between worlds means you’re also moving between timeframes - after all, the past of one world differs from the past of another.”

“I’m just stating what it seems like,” he spoke with a shrug before carefully placing a balled up fist over his chest. “I know it isn’t the same from world to world. I see that all the time when I travel from one plane to another with Jace.”

“Naturally. In any case, time itself isn’t something anyone can appropriately define. A time paradox one day, a split continuity another day - as one notable expert on the subject would say, it is more like a ‘wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball of...stuff’.” She let out a shrug of her own.

"I didn't peg you as the type to know of ‘Doctor Who’, m'dear."

Neos flinched at the voice before daring to turn towards the source, looking up towards a familiar splotch of purple dangling a leg from one of the branches he was sitting on. “Arceus-dammit, not you again.”

Arturia reacted pretty much immediately to the voice, having been anticipating the possibility all along. In the span of a heartbeat, her sheathed blade was drawn as she assumed a combat stance against the newcomer, her expression cold, her eyes taking on a reddish hue. The aura she was letting out was unbelievably intense, and it seemed that any wrong movement would make her begin her attack, no, her bombardment in an instant.

“As it happens, Counter Guardians have ingrained knowledge on persons of interest such as the Doctor. The recruitment of others, such as Itsu Fudo and Sora, have so far been a great boon to the Counter Corps. Still, none of that is relevant.” She answered him sharply. “It seems that our paths have crossed again... Gemini Rivetter.”

“Is your first action always to draw blade, m’dear? It seems so,” Gemini remarked as he leaned back against the trunk of the tree behind him, even as he rested among the branches of one tree. “Never allowing yourself to take a break, even when you most need to do so...a sad life you must lead.”

“Oh? Since when do mere split personalities know what it means to live?”

Fully focused, the knight slowly moved towards the trees, prepared to engage in a battle at any given moment, analyzing her surroundings as well as strategies that could be used against her opponent. Gemini was like an unhinged version of Neos who didn’t hesitate in abusing his ability to change forms. While he certainly couldn’t overpower her in an outright contest of strength, it was that unpredictability that made him a threat. The last time, he had been a very difficult opponent to even target due to the darkness of Death’s Pathway. But there was no such advantage in this forest, as to her, the trees around them were as thick as paper.

“I had hoped that you would have been eliminated by now, but if you have indeed survived until this point, then this is an ample opportunity to end you whilst this Pathway has given you your own body…!”

“You fail to realize that I’m not just here," Gemini calmly stated, his red eyes watching the armored lady as she approached him. “I happen to also be watching his ‘boss’ on Death as well as enjoying tea in Prologuous.” Stretching his arms up as he sat up, he turned to face the pair, a calm expression on his face. “Plus while he exists, I will continue to come back. The realms touched by his presence will disappear with him if he dies here as well, no matter what else you did. Even ones unaffected so far by this farce of a war.”

“Hm. You know of the Prologuous that lies at the end?” Arturia narrowed her eyes. “Then, that must mean you’re no mere apparition. The only ones who should know about it are me and the Pathways themselves... Really, even Protheus Maximus himself has no way of knowing about it, nor the slumbering Avatar within.”

“Of course, I’m no mere construct, you foolish girl,” he spoke with a bit of bite to his snark. “Not many ‘personalities’, as you so charmingly put it, wind up becoming a soul of their own!” He sat up after his remark before hopping down onto the ground, dusting off his dark-purple suit as he did.

“I see.” Now knowing of the exact nature of the enemy before her, she started to set up spells within her body, activating Invisible Air in the process. The wind around them grew thicker, bringing the atmosphere around them under her control.

“I suppose it does make sense. The Pathways provide realistic material necessary for the participants, but the creations themselves, it can’t be said that they lack the potential to gain awareness. Does the risk exist for everyone? Whatever the case, how annoying.”

“...” The way Gemini was glaring at the Counter Guardian, it was rather-possible for him to burn a hole into her armor. “Let me get this straight for you, Miss Priss. The only thing ‘fake’ about me right now is the shell I’m borrowing. I’M ACTUALLY HERE WITH YOU, OTHERWISE. Neos had to cover his ears at the sudden raise in volume the dark double pulled with his last sentence, mentally cursing his heightened hearing a bit as the pain prevented him from realizing that his foot had hit something under the snow.

“Hilarious.” Even as she said such a word, Arturia’s expression did not change one bit, unflinching even when targeted by his burning glare. “So you’re that convinced you’re the real thing?”

“The other golems wouldn’t be able to leave the forest.”

“I have yet to witness such a rule for myself, so that means little to me. Besides, whether you’re a manifestation or the real Gemini taking a shell provided by the Pathway, to me, you’re still no more than an inferior Class 0 Entity.”

“Inferior, hmph,” he remarked with typical acid to his tone. “So says the one that cannot see the strings guiding her through this foolish fairy tale.”

“You did this on Truth as well, what in the Distortion are you talking about?” Neos had been rubbing the sides of his head as the two were at each other’s metaphorical throats.

Gemini only kept the accursed knowing sideways-grin on his face that made the false human want to blast the a$$hole to bits...

“Oh...?” As though having not expected him to say such a thing, her blade lowered slightly. “So you believe that the Origin War is but a play, Gemini Rivetter?”

“I know so. Especially since both you and Protheus share the same puppeteer.” A fang snuck its way into the grin at this point, still looking at Arturia, though more looking through her. “Am I not wrong, Adam?”

“Ah, so that’s how it is. So in the state you are in now, you have attained Time Sense. Your awareness is on the same level as that of an Omni.” As though having perfectly understood his words, she prepared for combat.

“Reality Sense before here, at least that’s what he called it,” Neos added, the headache finally subsiding. “Before here, he was at least limited to the flow of the plane he was in.” Lowering his hands to his side, the false human finally looked towards the lady knight. “This isn’t the first time he’s pulled this kind of thing out of his ass, though unfortunately, it’s also not the first time he’s right...”

“In that case.”

Arturia no longer had any hesitation.

“You’re as much a threat to the Door as Maximus is!”

And with that, seven glowing orbs suddenly materialized around her - having actually been there all along, but only now revealed in plain sight of everyone - before sending out large waves of light aimed at Gemini, each beam carrying enough energy to annihilate whole buildings. However, despite the amount of power she’d used, the effort was fruitless.

“You’re wasting your energy on me,” he remarked before disappearing from view, not immediately reappearing for the time being. The beams ripped through the trees and shot up into the air without a target, before exploding like bright fireworks. “I may not care if this collection of existences remains, but neither am I eager to see it go.”

“...I don’t sense him here for now,” Neos finally remarked before placing the tips of his fingers over closed eyelids for a moment. Upon removing them and opening his eyes, a light-bluish glow could be seen behind the neon-green of his eyes as he looked around. “Nor do I see his aura for the time being, either...this place is hard to make out everything in with Aura Sight, though…” With a blink of his eyes did the glow fade for the moment, returning his eyesight to normal.

The knight sighed. “This is a troublesome situation. It would be one thing if he were just a spirit participating like the rest of us, but if he’s using the Pathways to his advantage… Neos, do you not know any way to end him?”

“...short of killing me, doubt it. My luck, though, he’d escape and find a way to make himself his own existence if I were to die.” A sigh escaped his lips. “Believe me, I wish I knew the answer to that question.”

‘short of killing me’

“Neos.”

There was something about the former Counter Guardian’s tone that seemed different this time as she said his name. Less stern, and perhaps a little more compassionate in ways.

“We have fought side by side, and that makes you my comrade. You are a member of the Counter Corps. You and I both have a duty to protect the multiverse. I have seen your abilities and come to understand your dedication. After all, you did strain yourself taking a piece of the Pathway to Death itself, just to save my own life, an admirable act that few others could have managed. In turn, you know the things that I have done, and you have seen firsthand what I am willing to do to pursue our cause.”

Right. It was back then in Death that he willingly underwent a risk in order in to save her. They cooperated against their Ultimate Enemies, but it was near the end when she turned on him temporarily, attempting to eliminate Gemini by killing him. She’d since apologized, but it was clear why she had done so.

“Therefore, I want you to consider something.”

“...may I dare ask what this may be…?” His tone was cautious, though considering the journey from the start, he did have a few good reasons to be. Even so, his eyes were still on the lady knight.

Then, facing the forest with a distant look, Arturia Pendragon stabbed her crimson-hued sword into the snow.

“In that event that the being known as Gemini Rivetter has reached the end of Prologuous, obtained the Key of Origin, and is close to accessing the Door of Origin, assuming that you have made it all the way there yourself...”

“Please kill yourself.”

“M’dear, I am wounded by your words.”

Gemini had, at some point, reappeared among the branches of another tree, sipping what looked like something hot from a teacup. “You’re assuming I even have plans for such a thing.”

“It helps to consider the possibility.” As if having expected him to reappear, huge torrents of wind shot straight at him, cutting through everything in their way like sharp blades. “---don’t you think, demon?!”

Neos was covering his face, wishing he was anywhere but here at the moment.

However, the winds did not seem to reach the construct, and when they finally died, it was soon revealed why. A globe of dark-blue light surrounded the being as he continued to drink his tea. “So eager to fight, yet I’m not even swinging once. Do you solve all your problems with force?”

Beginning to get annoyed, Arturia finally relented, sheathing the blade in her hands once more.

“No matter. As you have stated, it seems to be a pointless task to fight you the way things are at the moment.” She said calmly, setting her cold gaze upon him. Strangely, she saw Gemini without the typical grin on his face, as if he was actually being serious for once. “So. If the Door isn’t what you desire, then do tell, why are you here at all?”

“I am not here by choice, actually. In fact, I had even less choice in being here than my dear counterpart here did.” Taking a sip of his tea before frowning as he realized he killed the last of it in the glass, muttering to himself about getting more before looking back towards Arturia. “For the record, just like any child, I never asked to exist. I don’t enjoy only having fleeting moments of clarity like now that’s otherwise clouded by madness, being in pain for most of my existence in and out of this accursed place. In fact...”

Neos found himself jolted out of his own mind by a pair of yellowed hands suddenly grabbing the black turtleneck he wore and slamming his back against a tree. “If it wasn’t for this selfish bastard right here, I wouldn’t even be here,” Gemini had continued with a loud growl before gripping the light double’s neck with a tight enough squeeze to feel a pulse. “There’s a f*cking reason Arceus doesn’t allow Pokemon to take the form of those sinful humans, whom seem to destroy whatever world they dare to touch! Even proper demons aren’t as destructive as they!”

If Gemini was aware he was doing so in his out-of-place rage, he showed no signs, But floating around him was an eerie aura of black and red emerging from primarily behind him that seemed to consume anything that it touched. It remained close to the surface of his form, but touching him was definitely a dangerous idea for now.

“How is it wrong to want to be like my hero back home? Let me GO, Gemini,” Neos bellowed as he managed to grab onto Gemini’s wrists, feeling like he was having to fight himself to even move.

“...not this time, Antonio.”

“So…you said that the Door and the entire Pathways were a creation of mortals, made to harness what lies at the point of Origin itself, or something like that. And this place too, was a creation of mortals. After whatever they did with these, they left a Key and Map outside, hiding them for some reasons.

So what are you saying is that you’re also a creation of these mortals? Perhaps I’m jumping to conclusions here, but it’d be interesting if it’s the case. Then again, who are these people anyway?”

Oh, was she trying to get information now, how cute. Too bad any and all info would be destroyed once she died and returned to origin, but that's something she already figured out.

Even if I told you, it would be an irrelevant matter, seeing as ho-

Hang on, who was poking him? Looking down as far as he could, the Avatar could make out the small dragon. "Hoo ish you?" (Who are you?)

???

Was this dragon courageous, or just suicidal? She had just gone up to a multiple story high Lovecraftian nightmare, and poked it. The entire structure shuddered as the flower form wilted away, the Avatar coiling about as it returned to its original serpentine form, before mutating again. The shadows twisted about, the two larger eyes shrinking down as the Avatar took on the form of an enormous, smoky black sphinx, its multipupilled eyes securely set in its sockets. It sorta made you wonder where exactly the thing was looking. Either way, it knelt down before Tesability, its face as close as it could to the dragonling. "Tesability Black," it spoke aloud, finally able to speak words with its newly formed mouth, "I am Avatar Conflictous" it declared loudly, blowing foul black mist from its jaws.

Then, it reared back, raising a car-sized paw. "Goodbye, Tesability Black" the Avatar declared coldly as it brought its enormous paw down to crush the NetMonster.

Butlerok: Prologous/ The Inner World of Mad Blood

The burn was real. She didn't know what had hit her. It was funny though thanks to her interactions with that annoying boy she learned a lot about the world she came from. It was sad though, she literally out-matched him in every way other than being immortal. But that was not the kicker. She too was technically beyond the concept of mortality. She was thought, consciousness, a mere projection of her true self locked away somewhere and how can you ever hop to kill thought. Unfortunately, that was her flaw she didn't realize that she was being plotted against since her arrival. She couldn't have known that Butlerok had figured the only way of actually catching her was to knock her unconscious and even if she did catch on to it she couldn't have guessed Dorian had the power to actually do it. Gyokuen was literally done in by her lack of knowledge of the multiverse. With blinking eyes she woke up and looked at a seemingly twisted room of infinite staircases. She looked around and realized that this was no longer on the pathway she was back inside the Mad Blood. 

So I see that this was the boy's purpose. Admirable, but you are far to young to try consume my Rukh in this manner. From one of the infinite staircases Butler had descended upon the woman cracking his knuckles. No I have already figured this out. You will die and Ragnarok will eat your soul. Impossible even if you could kill me, I would just self destruct the Rukh before you get to them. Interesting observation all me to show you something. Butler snapped his fingers and instantly thousands upon thousands of orbs started floating. Gyokuen looked around and could tell they were all souls. Ahhh so this is your parasitic fuel supply. Pfft I can see why you're one of the stronger members of the Divine. Meh. What good does this do me? Unfortunately, this new opponent has made it so that all of these souls will self-destruct and hopefully destroy a lot of people with this explosion. Okay. Well he is essentially forcing me to destroy every one of my tainted souls. Ha, sucks to be you as that boy would say. Correct...ish. Gyokuen processed his word and then realized his true intent. Her eyes widened. You're kidding! The...Yes, the Rukh. It took us a minute to realize that souls house the Rukh. And Rukh keeps fluttering around and around as long as the soul is intact. Doesn't matter Rukh that has fallen in depravity become black and do not return to the life stream you couldn't eat them if you tri...Correct, you figured it. Nothing leaves from inside the Mad Blood without my permission this is the same with Rukh. The Rukh will simply flutter around here forever. The same will go for your Rukh. Gyokuen was scared, but she thought of one last card to play. Well let us see how this works then. You clearly are after the vast knowledge my Rukh would possess but do you not know how this works? The vast assortment of information that comes from the Rukh would obliterate you. You don't have the time to properly sift through all of that raw information. Sift? I'll take the "obliteration" my conscious will take everything in one go suffer the ultimate brain freeze and then reform. 

Not if I self-destruct first Gyokuen said in a panic. As she tried to detonate she quickly realized that was not going to go well for her. Oh Baldy, you didn't tell her she was a soul and died already. Well I did not want her destroying her Rukh so quickly. I have no idea how skilled she is...yet. Gyokuen began to panic as she could see he "astral body" slowly blackening and being consumed. At that moment all of the souls, sans three very important ones, dissolved and then the flood  of black Rukh encompassed all of Butlerok. Let's begin.

~The Divine - Prologous - Tesability's POV~

The little dragonling managed to keep a mostly-straight face, though she tilted her head in confusion when the being spoke her given name, as the entity in front of her changed its form more than once, finally settling upon some sort of strange Cat form with wings...oh! A Sphinx! She battled against another Champion once that looked like that a long time ago!

It lowered its muzzle as close as it could get away with to her own tiny one, black eyes meeting multipupiled ones before it began to speak.

"Tesability Black," it started, suddenly becoming rather glad for being used to dealing with loud NetMonsters talking directly in her face, so she wasn't flinching from the sudden volume increase. "I am Avatar Conflictous"

"Ahvahtaw Confwicshiowsh," (Avatar Conflictous,) she tried and failed horribly to repeat to herself in a low tone before seeing the towering being suddenly rearing back to raise a large paw, probably in response to her botching the name horrifically.

"Goodbye, Tesability Black," the being spoke before bringing down the paw.

Thing is...you just don't approach something that can match a Boss Netmonster without being ready to make a whopper of a fast exit. As soon as the paw began to come down, she spread out her wings and zipped with blinding speed past the Avatar, causing the paw to land where she once was.

As for the dragon herself, she was now sitting behind the Avatar's form, but not close enough to the back legs to find herself possibly kicked to the other side of cyberspace. "Ai ish da fashtesht fwyer een awl oof da Net," (I am the fastest flier in all of the Net,) she stated simply and with a childish smile on her muzzle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Counter Corps - Path of Death - Jace's POV~

As Jace listened to Chandra, he found himself biting his own tongue on some of the things he had wanted to make a comment about, such as questioning her use of the word 'first' in regards to the Dragon Scroll and the sudden bout of near-choking that had actually surprised him to see.

It was also at this point that he was mentally kicking himself. Despite the fact that he was a telepath, he didn't really know much admittedly about common courtesy, at least the non-verbal aspects of it. He didn't know if he should give her a hug out of pity or what. It even had to be drilled into him a few times by Lavinia that he was actually supposed to look others in the eyes when talking to them, though he never understood how she could read someone by their eyes alone.

It was possible he didn't know these things because he never needed to learn such things.

...never needed to...

That was a thought he filed away for later consideration, preferably when he was back on Ravnica and hopefully still in one piece.

As he watched her walk forward ahead of him, the psychic let loose a sigh he didn't even realize he was holding. "And I don't know the first thing about comforting someone," he muttered angrily to himself before following after the pyromancer, staying just a tad bit out of range in case she decided to try to set something nearby ablaze, including herself...though, considering the pathway that formed under their feet, he really hoped she didn't set herself ablaze. He didn't like his chances upon what looked to him like a wooden pathway with no edges while following someone that used fire as their primary weapon...

Ending Point: B5

(I feel like this particular story on the WotC site linked to Chandra needs to be mentioned, since it shows Gideon, Jace and Chandra in the same location at one point...I just don't know if I should do so or you...Also, A5 is a big black ball of empty space and I didn't think you'd appreciate the pair floating when neither of them could really do that without some sort of aid.)

[̛[̷A͜n͏͏͘o͡͡the̵r ͠T̸im̷̀͜ȩ́,҉͏ A̷̡͘ń̨ǫţ̨҉h̨̀e̶r̢͢ ̢͢͞P͟ĺace: ́Ṕ̶̧r̶͘ol͘͡o̸̕gú͟ò́ư͞ś̶͠]̡͞]̀

Looks like the time for games was now over.The Avatar was silent and frozen in place, the dragonling becoming quite perturbed when his appearance flickered, and he was gone. "More's the pity I'm faster."

The voice came from behind, and before she knew it, Tesability was hurled into the air by the sweep of the Avatar's paw. His form morphed rapidly, becoming more humanoid in design as he flickered again. He appeared high in the air, directly in Tesability's path. With a brutal sweep of his hand the dragon was sent downwards, ready to kiss the ground as the Avatar spread his wings wide. "HOPELESS AEONS!"

Countless portals appeared above Prologuous, many of them aimed at all the participants. They remained silent as a black aura burned around the Avatar's form. "DESTINY END!"

Erupting from his form came hundreds of black crystal projectiles, a blue streak tailing them as they sailed into the air, freezing in place and waiting for a command. "THE CRUELTY OF THE AGES! A VAINGLORIOUS END! VALOUR'S LAST!  THE AGONY OF DESPAIR!"

Erupting from the Avatar's form can countless attacks. Shadowy buzzsaws dances through the air, their partners being a legion of floating swords. Vines of energy snaked through the air, their jagged thorns sticking out at bizarre angles. So many different projectiles hung in the air, as if waiting for a command. The Avatar raised his right hand, his middle finger and thumb poised. "Goodbye everyone. This has been... tedious. I was going to give you all honourable deaths, but you saw fit to sully my good graces instead by having a tea party. Oh well, maybe in the next life you might be granted you will be a bit wiser. Farewell. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!"

With a snap of his fingers, all hell broke loose as the black portals unleashed beams of energy, and the numerous projectiles fought for air space as they went and sought out whoever was closest to them. It was a madhouse bullet hell. Good luck.

Team Dorian: Prologous

Rhadamanthys was actually about to doze off as the festivities had just removed all tension from this theoretical final battle. Luckily, the mighty avatar had grown tired of waiting and proceeded to turn on the aggression. A slight smirk came across the specters face as bore witness to the opening of portals and the subsequent downpour of beams and blades. He smirked as this was an excellent way to get back into the spirit of things. Rhadamanthys looked at the giant dark ball that was Butlerok and Dorian and realized these blades probably were not enough to pierces that sphere. But with this Avatar he did not want to take any chances. 

The specter jumped on top of the black sphere and braced himself for impact. Initially he let his surplice take some of the initial assault to see how dense the attacks were. They were...decent to say the least. Not as fast as he had seen or taken before. That didn't matter now though. Rhadamanthys began to dodge, kick, jump and punch his way around the continuing assault. The constant torrent of blades and beams didn't seem to let up, but it was definitely interesting to see that this was him/it getting serious. Rhadamanthys was ready to take on the next wave of attacks, but then he and the sphere were consumed in a pillar of purplish flames acting as wall for the creature. 

I'm too hot! Dorian said power sliding out of the pillar. Call the police and the fire man! I'm too hot, make a dragon wanna retire man. Dorian started to dance a around and simultaneously shoot down a bunch of the attacks that were coming his way. Say my name you know who I am! Too hot! I'm a man about that cosmo! Rhadamanthys' face turned flat as the only word he could muster was: Lame! Screw you, that entrance was on fleek and you know it! Where is your pride as a warrior, we are in the middle of combat! Can I just have one moment of celebration without someone trying to take me down? Dorian looked around and he notice the whole tea party concept fell a little flat. He checked himself to see the outfit that Butler had chose to cloth him in. Not bad a black suit with sans the tie. Pretty snazzy. Dorian clearly didn't know what to do at this moment other than continue on fighting back the assault therefore, both of the specters continued to shoot down the barrage.

Archived