Paladins of Emeralda [OoC/Started/Now Only Accepting at least 2 Paladins!]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

063345ca7e46fa0d344ba9d887ea91be.png
"You win or you die."
Name: Rose Ada
Appearance:
Regular Outfit: This outfit is what Ada regularly wears, it consists of a more freely flowing dress and allows her not to die of heat exhaustion which is always a good thing.

Formal Attire: Although the outfit itself isn't worn very much it presents a sense of tenderness and love. The hat is usually optional however it is more often than not worn when the occasion is outside.

Paladin Armor: Although it isn't officially classified as "armor" she likes to wear less bulky clothes so she can dodge attacks and maneuver herself a lot more freely

Personality: Rose has always learnt to grasp what was given to her by both horns, she never strives to disappoint anyone and even if she does she works on her failures and fixes what she broke. Her brash nature of helping everyone more often than not gets her into trouble however make no mistake she can hold her own in almost any situation.

Biography: Rose trained with some of the more renowned trainers of the Paladin Order however she has always been focused on saving lives and allocating herself some time to study the arts of healing. Although she hasn't fully grown into a full blown healer she knows a few spells which really help out in fights, especially if one of her companions are injured.

More recently she finds herself looking after the weaker students and tending to what needs they may have, although she has no complaints she sometimes finds herself in situation that could bore many people. She craves a sense of heroic valor and friendship which she cannot get inside a trainee camp.

Even though all of this occurs she still grows strong and is willing to fight for what is right.

Weapons: Ethereal Dual Swords and a Classical French Rapier
Magic: Rose is fairly competent with Magic often using it as her primary means of battle, she prefers not to get into danger however when she does her main weapons are used.
Main Element: Ice and Healing
Sub-Elements:
Spells: Aesir's Cure: A simple aura comes from Rose's hands, healing her allies. This depletes her life force however after sleeping she is usually fully refreshed.

Ice Shard: A simple spell in which Rose erects an Ice Shard from her hands and throws them towards any enemy in her path, usually meant to stick and enemy into a position so they are easily killed.

Calamity: Rose lets out a loud roar and shards of ice fly and erect from the ground, it creates a protective shield around her and her allies and usually causes her to faint.

Other
Ada's Main Theme
Ada's Battle Theme

Mnemo's app is finished~

And so is my Paladin app~
[spoiler=Paladin App: Velvet Annerky]

MhNqSPm.png
"In these three months, my opinion remains the same. There's nothing special about the Paladins, so we're as good as dead."

Name: Velvet Annerkyl

[spoiler=Appearance]

390816-untitled_2.png

Formal . . . Attire . . . . . ?: Here. Not exactly typical formal attire, but due to his religion, he's forbidden from showing off his body to anyone who isn't his wife. Beneath it, he typically wears the clothes depicted above - with long sleeves and gloves.

Paladin Armor: dqz45ur.jpg

So as to preserve mobility, he has armor attached only to protect his most vital parts, decorated in such a fashion that he can fight even without a weapon, though this has the consequence of making him appear somewhat menacing. Instead of a skull, the symbol on his belt is that of a crescent moon with a wing, representing the religion he's from. Also, the scarf around him and clothing that conceals his upper head are a faded grey, making him resemble his other look as shown in Formal Attire.

[/spoiler]

Personality:  Despite being an Excalite, Velvet has a carefree nature, and doesn't hesitate to speak what's on his mind, neither does he hesitate to try and flirt with another girl, jokingly asking them to marry him more than once. Not only that, but he can be incredibly self-centered, smug, and insensitive at times. But do not be mistaken; he a very firm belief in the religion he's been raised to obey, and though he does tolerate and respect everyone else around him, he won't stand for it if anyone insults it or tries to make him go against it.

Among the things he's forbidden to do include; displaying the skin of his body in public, eating non-aquatic meat, wearing the skin of animals, touching a woman that isn't his wife, harming any woman whatsoever, damaging property that isn't his, serve any one man who isn't the Lord, and drinking milk. He's required to pray three times a day, during the sunrise, when the sun's at its highest point, and the sunset, and may abruptly stop in the middle of a battle to do so. He doesn't like it either when people make their own theories about the origin of magic.

He finds it rather ironic that someone like him ended up becoming a Paladin, but he takes this as proof that they are not demigods (not that he ever believed such a concept in the first place). So while he isn't under any delusion, he believes that Paladins are nothing more than glorified, ordinary warriors, and thus doesn't take them seriously. He doesn't believe that they stand a chance against the Garnet Syndicate, and tends to laugh every time someone talks about their 'duty'.

Biography: Velvet came to Emeralda for a very specific reason, and he never originally intended to become a Paladin. He has since forgotten what that reason was, but when Gore first showed up, he knew instantly that this man was a servant of the Demon. Though frozen at first, pushed by his beliefs, he attempted to attack Gore and his Obsidian soldiers while the black fog began advancing. However, he was carried back by the wide surge of soldiers that were rushing into the castle against his will. By the time he could move again, he found himself trapped within the castle...

Without a chance, he spent the year living within it, being forced to become a vegetarian once the supplies of seafood ran out. He was one of the few who did not join the Royal Army, since that would mean serving the king.

And when he found out that he was a Paladin, it came as a shock, but not for the same reason as everyone else. When he became one, he understood that because he was normal, the other four were also normal, and hence all five Paladins were normal. There was nothing special about them, apart from this 'Amethyst' thing, which would barely make a difference in the long run.

Having taken Glam's training the least seriously, in terms of magic, he's the weakest. However, he's amongst the highest in terms of physical capabilities, his speed, reactions, and flexibility all unmatched. He's also the best when it comes to logical planning and improvisation.

Weapons: Egyptian Khopesh, or sickle-sword.

Magic:
Main Element - Wind. His abilities are weaker when in an enclosed space, and do not work underwater. They're strongest when in an area with heavy winds.
Spells:

Ventusi - Velvet boosts himself with a gust of air, allowing him to move faster, jump higher, or perhaps even stop in place in some strange circumstance. With enough energy, he can also use this to 'fly' by moving himself about in the air, although it's highly impractical and uses a lot of energy.

Ventusou - Same as above, only it involves moving wind further away than he is, and it only works on a person or object that isn't heavier than a boulder or fixed to the ground. He can use it to enhance others' movement, distract them, redirect their course, send them off an edge, or throw them into a position where he can attack.

Ventusar - Takes hold of all wind in the surrounding area, within a certain radius depending on his energy and how pissed off he is, and thrusts them outwards. When done with sufficient power, it can suffocate those around him, for a moment before having everything in the area be hit by a huge, thick breeze that fills in the empty space. Drains him instantly.

Other: Though he may seem like one, he is not in fact a pervert, and shies away from anything explicit involving women.

[/spoiler]

"Fear can only conquer you, if it outsmarts you"

Name: Seth Regnius

[spoiler=Personality] Seth is calm, controlled, and extremely intelligent.Using his vast knowledge of the arcane, he protects the lands, and defeats his enemies with an onslaught of magic. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography] Seth has been destined for greatness from the start of his life. Being born heir to the throne of kingdom within Emeralda, he was trained on how to govern over the land he would eventually control when he turned 15. Around the same point in his life his parents discovered his magical powers when he was defending the kingdom from invaders. The magical outburst occurred during one of the most grim fights during a dark war over the land. The explosion caused by his rage, honor, and power within him, killed hundreds of soldiers; friend and foe, and fueled him with magical energy for the rest of the battle. [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Biography Part 2] Years later in the war, while he was training to control his arcane powers in a remote tower, on an island away from the kingdom, he received a slightly charred letter, telling him that the kingdom was again under siege and needed his aid greatly. And upon arrival half of the kingdom was destroyed and after fighting for days and thousands of soldiers dead on both sides, the war was ended in the tragic destruction of the kingdom, and his parents' deaths. [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Biography Epilogue]Vowing to avenge his parents and his kingdom, Seth set out to become the strongest he could possibly become, and protect the land of Emeralda. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]Seth always wears his armor, formal or battle. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Weaponry]Wields an ancient Bladed Scepter, passed down through his family along with his father's shield, which was crafted out of diamond-infused silver. Both are powerfully enchanted, making Seth's true potential unknown to his enemies. Neither enchantment has activated or been discovered yet. [/spoiler]

Magics:
[spoiler=Main Element] Energy; Spell(s); 1: Ray of the Regnius; Channels a ray of pure energy through caster's Staff/Wand to rip apart foes. 2: Dark Energies; Caster absorbs negative energy (i.e. Hatred, Pain and Dark Magic) and releases it at will as a power booster for Ray of the Regnius. 3: Energy Shielding; Caster's body and armor are coated with a defensive layer of energy, rendering all attacks useless for a short time. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Sub Element 1] Space; Spell(s); 1: Teleport; Teleports caster to any location within a fifteen foot radius of him/her. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sub Element 2] Time; Spell(s); 1: Zero Field; Slows time for all creatures and projectiles (save for the caster and his/her projectiles), within a twenty foot radius time-dome, which is created where the wizard desires, as long as it is within sight. [/spoiler]

His image will not post right for some reason, but the link works. So, just click to see him.

Sorry to say, but I must resign as of this moment.

Just some things I want to say though in my opinion.

Liza is probably meaning quite literally half-dragon. She has some sort of obsession with it. I myself am really annoyed with the half-dragon/half-legendary creature/half-etc cliche thing (in general media), but she seems to stick to it in whatever way she can.

Seth is way too overpowered (Space/time? And no meaningful limitations.). His entire persona is a cliched Gary Stu. Some magic ancient weapon, some powerful magics, called to do all that at 17, etc. The biography is not enough to compensate for this.

Sorry to say, but I must resign as of this moment.

Just some things I want to say though in my opinion.

Liza is probably meaning quite literally half-dragon. She has some sort of obsession with it. I myself am really annoyed with the half-dragon/half-legendary creature/half-etc cliche thing (in general media), but she seems to stick to it in whatever way she can.

I see. That's too bad.

Well, I think the host's already said that there aren't any dragons in this RP. So if she wants to be half-dragon, it would have to be as a result of magic.

Seth is way too overpowered (Space/time? And no meaningful limitations.). His entire persona is a cliched Gary Stu. Some magic ancient weapon, some powerful magics, called to do all that at 17, etc. The biography is not enough to compensate for this.

Now where have I seen that description before, hypocrite?

Though I do agree that Seth's powers a bit too overboard. I mean, I know how he's going to play a fairly large part in the prologue, but still. His magic powers far surpass that of a Paladin's, at the age of 19? Seriously?

How are demi-dragon beings at all cliched? I have only ever seen one in any popular media (save maybe card games).

And yeah, get a better pic Crystal. And time/space, a bit far, he looks like ice/space. But, they would obviously have time restrictions on them. (1 time bubble at a time for 30 sec., every 10 min. and 1 teleport every 5 min.) 

And i'm not obsessed, how often can you be a dragon/human? (again only once have I controlled a dragon/human, and like seeing one, it was only in dark souls) 

Archived