Paladins of Emeralda [OoC/Started/Now Only Accepting at least 2 Paladins!]

My friend, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Why, thank you, don't think that cuts you a break when my villain enters the fray. And in case you're wondering my villain won't just be hunting paladins.

The only thing he messed up, was that Seth is technically neutral for now. So if you can change that, by all means. I highly appreciate this FFR. ^_^

Done and done.

Oh, one thing.  You pulled the old version of Moderatus' app into the accepted apps spoiler.  The current version can be found here.

I actually noticed that after I finished but was hoping you wouldn't notice >.>

EDIT: Fixed as though it were never broken.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... if Seth is a paladin, but there are 5 others (those who trained with Glam)... that means there are 6 paladins...

anyway, seeing as Kazuto didn't say here, my paladin app (Forcus) was accepted. I won't be posting for a while as I have friends over and making a starting post would take too long (especially as it's past midnight), but I'll figure something out latter.

Just a random thought, is Xaphan gunna be in love with V? Virtual fire queen, and he hasn't made some form of move on her or creepy stalking yet?

You pose an interesting question...

Looking specificity at V's app, I'm not completely sure how Xapham would react to V... seeing as he is partly a fire-demon...

While the heat/fire is all good for him and would certainly attract his attention, V gains her power through what he sees is the suppression of a demon... which he isn't brilliantly happy about. Especially as if V takes his heart; it would, in his view, likely do the same thing to him as it did to Hellius...

The way I see it, Xapham would most likely respond in 3 ways:

- In love with V; while having reservations about the heart issue, it isn't enough to overcome the attraction she posses and he pursues her bordering on relentlessly.

- Despises V; The risk of losing himself to V is too great and he should try and help Hellius escape from her clutches. This would lead to direct confutations between the two and indirect assaults/actions by Xapham.

- Mixed view; Xapham is highly attracted to V, but is unable to decide what to do. Torn between a want to help Hellius/protect himself and V, he struggles to decide on how to proceed.

I have listed the options in the order I think would be most likely, but other input on the subject would be appreciated.

It seems to me as if the main objective is to move the paladins into the area of Gore. I remember a post saying that the first battle was only to last about the first two pages which we seem to already be approaching here. So, In order to actually get that paladins to where they need to be, the post I'm going to craft will put at least one more of them in his view. Whether anyone wants to face it or not, the Paladins haven't been able to do too much as of yet, but I rather enjoy the pace of this role play as it affords me the luxury of actually keeping up.

@Avaren, V acquired "control" over Hellius by proving her strength to him (by besting him in battle), and Hellius willingly follows her and aids her in her battles. So he is not in any way suppressed, though a small portion of her powers do come from Hellius. 

On another note, the "Demon's Heart" is what gave her "control" of Hellius, and his staff.

you telling me this does nothing. I gave Xapham's point of view.

He believes that V stole (or otherwise obtained from a 3rd party) Hellius's heart to gain her powers. Unless told otherwise in a way that will convince him, he will believe that.

In other words, Xapham can't know something that he isn't shown/told, you telling me in OOC and me then using that in IC or using it to instantly change how I control Xaphan, without proper explanation as to WHY he knows it, is like cheating. Essentially, I would be breaking the "No Meta-gaming!" rule.

@Avaren, V acquired "control" over Hellius by proving her strength to him (by besting him in battle), and Hellius willingly follows her and aids her in her battles. So he is not in any way suppressed, though a small portion of her powers do come from Hellius. 

On another note, the "Demon's Heart" is what gave her "control" of Hellius, and his staff.

When you say Hellius, are you referring to the greek god of the sun?

you telling me this does nothing. I gave Xapham's point of view.

He believes that V stole (or otherwise obtained from a 3rd party) Hellius's heart to gain her powers. Unless told otherwise in a way that will convince him, he will believe that.

In other words, Xapham can't know something that he isn't shown/told, you telling me in OOC and me then using that in IC or using it to instantly change how I control Xaphan, without proper explanation as to WHY he knows it, is like cheating. Essentially, I would be breaking the "No Meta-gaming!" rule.

We calls it Player Knowledge in D&D, I've always liked the term and you are free to use it.

Hellius is the Demon that V fought and received the heart of. Presumably, he was in control of both the army and the region V now controls in hell.

and thanks for the term "player knowledge", If I remember the term, I will use it again.

Ah, good.

Also, I don't agree with your character Forcas knowing that Seth is a paladin when he himself doesn't even know. As far as I've read, the paladins have no sixth sense of knowing of other paladins and your character does not possess such a magical spell or talent. The only reason I say is because I'm pretty sure Kazuto wants to keep it a secret; I've added him to the accepted character list for you though =]

Forcus makes his way to the Capital city, chased in by Obsidian-clad knights, he finds 4 others and senses a connection between them. staying with them as part of a need for companionship and partly to try and satisfy his curiosity for that feeling of a connection, he trains and works with them for the year.

I had established in his bio, that he feels a connection with the paladins (I didn't know Seth was a paladin before I had done the bio).

As Seth doesn't know he is a paladin (and Forcus doesn't know that he doesn't), I made sure (and will continue to do so) that Forcus doesn't reveal this to him. However, because of that connection, Forcus will have to treat Seth as a paladin.

If Kazuto believes that Forcus should not be able to sense that Seth is a paladin, then I will retract my post, otherwise I stand by it.

I had established in his bio, that he feels a connection with the paladins (I didn't know Seth was a paladin before I had done the bio).

If Kazuto believes that Forcus should not be able to sense that Seth is a paladin, then I will retract my post, otherwise I stand by it.

Fair enough. I think it's a fair assumption to make that you're all supposed to make your way to Gore, because one of the paladins is already there and I do believe Kazuto intends for you all to face Gore together. Mostly because I think he wants the paladins to feel unprepared for their position and I don't know about you, but almost dying in a five(six?) to one fight would make me feel unprepared.

EDIT: My post within the IC is to advance the fight to Gore whilst giving Kazuto and Tormented the necessary time they need to move their characters.

Ok, after finally figuring out what your post meant and it's meaning, I think I understand it now.

I also found that "Amethal" is a part of the Garnet Syndicate and should therefore be placed within that spot in your Character reference post.

"He would find a way in the Garnet Syndicate. They accepted him in..."- from last paragraph of his bio.

Ok, after finally figuring out what your post meant and it's meaning, I think I understand it now.

I also found that "Amethal" is a part of the Garnet Syndicate and should therefore be placed within that spot in your Character reference post.

"He would find a way in the Garnet Syndicate. They accepted him in..."- from last paragraph of his bio.

I don't see how you couldn't have understood it, especially since I also explained what it meant here in the OOC.

I placed him in the Garnet Syndicate, I also read in the IC a post he made being present at the Garnet Syndicate meeting but I hadn't gotten around to actually moving him over. Honestly, don't know why anyone else hadn't noticed but thanks for letting me know.

@Avaren, as stated prior, what I told you was meant as "player knowledge" and if Xaphan gets violent/curios, V will (more or less likely) explain it.

Also, ....... I dunno..... uhhh..... Oh yes! Time to strike Rubian. (Gawd I hope it's night...)

That's fine, I'll help play city defenses I suppose.

[spoiler=Rubian?]

city_of_magic_by_kirillbran-d6t0rf0.jpg

[/spoiler]

@Avaren, as stated prior, what I told you was meant as "player knowledge" and if Xaphan gets violent/curios, V will (more or less likely) explain it.

Also, ....... I dunno..... uhhh..... Oh yes! Time to strike Rubian. (Gawd I hope it's night...)

Well putting it that way, then the ans to the original question is easy... Xapham is infatuated with V.

I generally like going through the OCC/IC several times when making my posts and so have decided to make a codex for myself... which I'll share with everyone. If anything is incorrect within the Codex, please tell me so I can fix it.

[spoiler=Codex]

[spoiler=PCs]

[spoiler=Paladins]

Cyrus Raustaire 
Forcas
Tsunugai Tamashī 
Rose Ada 

Velvet Annerkyl

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Garnet Syndicate]

Amethal 
Eskay Rebb 
King Moderatus Draconicus 
Mnemo omenM 
Viariun "v" Dreathren 

Xaphan

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]

Aria Virgo 
Cashmere Annerkyl 

Seth Regnius

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=NPCs]

[spoiler=Dark One, The]A dark spirit, not much is known about him/her except that the Garnet Syndicate has connections to the being. Some believe that The Dark One is the true leader, or the god of GS, but this is normally ruled out as wild conjecture or madness. [Created by Kazuto Kirigaya][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fabio]Fabio is one of GS's Arm’s-Masters. He regularly competes with Xaphan in sword fights. [Created by Avaren][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Glam]The only survivor of the last generation of Paladins, Glam serves as both a mentor and trainer to the current Paladins. [Created by Kazuto Kirigaya][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gon]A knight wearing crimson armour. Gon is in service to Zi'on. [Created by DeathSDelano][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hellion(s)]A Citizen of Hell. [Created by _-DragoLiza-_][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hellius]A Demon that once controlled a part of hell, he was bested in a match between V and himself. Subsequently, he gave his heart to V and now serves her. [Created by _-DragoLiza-_][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Juggernaut]A large, heavily armoured soldier that practically radiates kinetic energy. Is currently under Amethal's command. [Created by AnubisHaxx][/spoiler]

[spoiler=King Marius Regnius XIII] Aka "King Marius", he is the current King of Emeralda. Has a son named Seth (a PC) and has a medallion capable of sensing Amethyte which was used to identify the current Paladins. [Created by Kazuto Kirigaya][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Obsidian Soldier(s)]A member of [Name]'s Army that wears Obsidian armour. This army currently commanded by Gore and is besieging Rubal. [Created by Kazuto Kirigaya][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Stealth Force] A group of Hellions (?) controlled by V. As the name suggests, they are skilled with subterfuge. [Created by _-DragoLiza-_][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Factions/Organisations]

[spoiler=Garnet Syndicate]A Terrorist Organisation hell-bent on taking control of Emeralda. Each major member has their own army and is capable of using magic (usually dark magic). The name is sometimes shortened to "GS".[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Opalagon]A "less rebellious faction", Seth was sent here to make peace [and was unsuccessful]. Opalagon is approximately a month's travel by horse away from Rubal.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Paladins]The Guardian/Protectors of Emeralda. Paladins tend to be the best within their field/s, whether it be Magic, Science, Combat, or otherwise.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Locations]

[spoiler=Diamoria]Filled with Inventors, Diamoria is fast becoming the Technological capital of Emeralda. Walking down a street within the city is filled with bustling noises as small explosions and working machinery are common, even within the residential areas of the city. Some laboratories are for rent, if you happen to visit, and the city tends to have more lax laws then the remainder of Emeralda. (The Walls have heavily fortified Gates, however the walls themselves are worn from experiments and are much less durable).[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Emeralda]The Country that the story is held within. Its mains Cities are: Diamoria, Rubal, Rubian, Topazion, and Zircon .[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Excalus]A small, but wealthy village within Emeralda. It's also on one of the 5 roads that leads away from Rubal.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Golden Mountains]A large mountain range within Emeralda holding vast mineral wealth. Treacherous to travel, the easiest paths are also frequent sites of bandit attacks on un-guarded mining caravans.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Helena]One of the few mining outposts away from the Golden Mountains, Helena is the primary mine for magical gems and ores, for which it has become quite wealthy for providing. Most ores and minerals mined at Helena are sent to the nearby city Rubian, where it is then used or traded by wizards and magicians.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rubal]The Capital of Emeralda, Rubal houses the Royal Castle. With 5 paths heading towards the city, the sheer magnitude of its size is awe-inspiring.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rubian]Commonly referred to as the "City of Magic", Rubian houses many of Emeralda's Nobiles who aren't situated in the Capital. Magic and wonder are the main things seen in Rubian, and the Circus frequently visits the city. Nearby to the mining outpost Helena, it is well suited for seekers of the arcane arts, or for those wishing to study them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Topazion] Seen as the Trade and Mining Capital of Emeralda, Topazion is filled with both wealthy and poor merchants who have come to the city to make their fortune or at least to make it bigger. Surrounded by countryside, it's also the closest city or town to the Golden Mountains.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zircon]One of the largest cities in Emeralda, Zircon is responsible for Emeralda's entire agriculture and crop production. Zircon is located quite near the centre of Emeralda, for the quick supply of food to all major cities and to the Royal Army.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=un-named as of yet][Name] is off the coast of Emeralda. Seth was sent to this Island for his magical training for some time, and it is from here that Seth returns from at the start of the story.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Events]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Terms]

[spoiler=Amethyte]A "lost" material that was about to be unveiled to the people of Emeralda when history was starting to be recorded. Amethyte is within the blood of all Paladins (?).[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bloodshed Generals]The 3 highest members of the Garnet Syndicate. In order, these three are: _, _ and Mnemo omenM.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]

[spoiler=Warmonger, The] A savage beast capable of great destruction. Hard to control. [Created by _-DragoLiza-_][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Well adding in the apps caused spoiler problems so I'm going to delay that further...

Archived