[Sakura Contest Series] Number Contest (Completed/Prizes Awarded - LOCK)

Hi everyone, Sakura here...
Since the other contest focusing on this stuff has been completed for a couple weeks now, it's time for my version to take place. I assure you though, the way I will run this contest will be quite different from that one. (Also, it'll be the first contest I host in a long time)

That all said and done, let's skip over to the main parts.

Deadline

November 19, 2013 @ 11:59 PM Hawaii Standard Time (GMT-10); this gives you about 3-4 weeks to reserve entry/post card, etc.

[spoiler=Task]

Make a Number or a Chaos version of an existing one.
(You are allowed to create currently existing Numbers if very little/none of their effects/stats have been revealed)

Manga Numbers (Attributes/Type/Required Xyz Materials, etc): 14 (Greedy Sarameya), 21 (Frozen Lady Justice), 52 (Diamond Crab King), 70 (Deadly Sin), 82 (Heart Monster Heartland Draco)
Anime Numbers w/out Effect: C102 (Unholy Lightning - Noble Daemon), 103/C103 (Ragna Zero/Infinity the Subzero Funeral Maiden)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Entry Fee/Prizes"]

Since this is a return contest for me, entry is free. (Though with that said, you guys are only getting reps)

Prizes are as follows:

1st: 3 likes + 1st place GFX logo
2nd: 2 likes + 2nd place GFX logo
3rd: 1 like + 3rd place GFX logo

Yeah, this isn't something big like the YCM Leaderboard, but you deserve something better than just some likes on posts (And rest assured, the logos are of decent quality; see bottom of this post.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Current Participants"]
InfiniteRainbow
SunkistRebellion

ThorgrimZz

Someone_Incarnate

poseidonbt

eptinyugi

Hikari-chan

JamieDeeRaw

If your name is marked in red/bold, you got card in. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]
I apologize if there's a lot of them (I prefer keeping them to a minimum if possible, but this should make things much easier to understand)

1. Written cards are allowed if you are unable to find suitable pictures, but overall you should have a card w/pic (I won't grade on the pic unless it outright contrasts with its name).

2. No Utopia/Hope upgrades (we have enough of them as is)

3. If you choose to create a new Number, you are allowed to make Numbers beyond 107. If you want, you may extend them into the 200s and further; but I advise that you don't choose it at random. In other words, try to think about what Number you choose (though this isn't an absolute rule; just a suggestion)

[The currently existing Numbers have some reason for being a specific Number; such as 104 being a reflection of Vector/Rei.]

4. Post lore underneath submissions; makes it easier to read the effects.

5. No editing your entries (In other words, make sure you have everything you want to show us before posting)

6. Cards must be "Number" Xyz Monsters. Anything else will be rejected.

7. You are not required to use the YCM cardmaker, though for convenience reasons you should. (If you use your own template or another site, that's fine)

8. You may use a Number that has already been taken (i.e. Although Utopia has #39, you may choose to use that number for your own if you feel that it's a better match for it than he is)

9. Do not use someone else's card as your entry, otherwise you will be DQ if I find out.

10. Entries should be new and not something you entered in a recent contest/1v1; however that does not forbid the use of them.

11. Standard YCM rules apply.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Grading]

Graded

1. Creativity: 10 points (Is this something that hasn't been done before, or a new take on an existing concept?)
2. Balance: 10 points (If Konami were to print this card, would it be banned/limited upon release?)
3. OCG: 10 points [Grading will be done with the new PSCT; though if you use the 5Ds text, I can grade on that w/out point deduction. I'm still getting used to it as well, plus some of Konami's changes are ambiguous].

I won't grade too harshly on OCG for the above reasons, therefore unless I can't understand your effect; you should receive a relatively decent grade on this, provided everything is in order. Just keep in mind that spelling/capitalization errors from standard English will be considered in your OCG grade.

Total: 30 points

Ungraded
1. Origin of your card's Number (0 points); you're not required to have it, but feel free to post it if you feel it'll help us understand why you did it (see rule 3). It won't be considered for a grade though.
2. Picture (0 points); won't take this into account unless you submit something with an unrelated picture (i.e. submit a picture of Spongebob or something on a card that heavily implies Dragons).

Just get something that's remotely close to what you want to show and you're fine (remember, there's no penalty for Written Cards; it's understandable if you can't find an pic that suits your needs)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judging]
I'm the only one who will be grading cards (though if we get a lot of entries, I will consider asking for another member to help judge)

Your results will be posted here within a week's time of this contest ending.

(I will try to post scores by Friday/Saturday; though I may be busy with academic matters at the time so might not post until later; I apologize in advance if this occurs.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prizes]

Here's what the prizes look like for those who are interested:

debv2q.jpg

w2hk4i.jpg

28ulib.jpg

Keep in mind that I may make some minor adjustments to these (such as adding your score above avatar for those of you who'd like to remember what you got), but overall this is what you should be looking forward to receiving, if you win.

[/spoiler]

If you have any questions regarding stuff in this contest, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have fun making your cards and may the best member win!

Yeah, hopefully more people join.

It won't be much of a contest if only one/two people are in here (in the latter's case, you might as well have made a 1v1)

Anyway, added to the member list.

For anyone else that wants to enter, if you need me to clarify that note under the task: If you want to make an effect for something like No. 103 since her effect wasn't revealed during the anime, you may do so (however you still need to keep the Attribute/Rank/ATK that were given).

yGtyQsh.jpg

2 level 5 monsters
If you control no other monster, you can Special Summon 1 level 5 or lower monster from your hand. Banish it during the End Phase. When this card declares an attack, you can tribute 1 other monster you control and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains 500 ATK and during the end of the damage step, send 1 card from the field to the graveyard. If you sent a monster by this effect to the graveyard, draw 1 card.

@SunKist: Your card meets the criteria so you're fine. Just have to add your name to participant list

I'll mark that you got yours in too, Rainbow.

The reason I set the end date for contest a couple weeks from now is to allow for you guys to deal with academia/other stuff (since those take precedence over whatever goes on here)

Oh i want to join this contest too :D

[spoiler=Here's my card]

ijBLVc4.jpg

4 Level 5 Monsters
When a monster attach to this card as an Xyz Material by a card effect, you can destroy 1 card on the field and inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If this card has "Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
● Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, draw 1 card. If that card was a Monster Card, you can attach it to this card as an Xyz Material and draw 1 more card

[/spoiler]

and i have a question. Can i change a card after this? (My first contest)

@Lilharp: I'm actually male (I know people get my gender wrong when they see my nickname, so not gonna get mad over it). But at least you got the card in.

@poseidon: What I meant by #3 is try to think your Number through like how the anime/manga do their cards. (i.e. For instance, No. 104 can be read using Japanese goroawase to reflect Rei/Vector in some way.) However, you are free to choose whatever Number you'd like (there is no restriction on which one you should use); just that you shouldn't choose one out of the blue w/out thinking it through a bit.

However, if you choose a random Number, I won't deduct points from score.

Here is my card.

I select the "108" number basing me in this page http://www.108yoga.com.co/joomla/significado-108.html (i speak spanish).

I guess it is OP if you compare it with other Rank 6 XYZ monsters.

This is the page from where i took the image

www.layoutsparks.com.

F7Prkqc.jpg

Once per turn you can detach one XYZ material from this card to target one random card from your opponent's hand and shuffle it into your opponents Deck; then you draw one card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, gain 800 Life Points.

Sorry for being a little late on the card but here it is, your Nightmare:

[spoiler= Meet Terror Incarnate!]ANX5ngc.jpg

Lore:
3 Level 3 WATER monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 47: Nightmare Shark" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn, during your battle phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up WATER monster you control; that monster's ATK is doubled and all of your opponent's monster's ATKs are halved until the end of the turn. Other monsters cannot attack the turn you activated this effect and the target monster is banished at the end of the turn. [/spoiler]

Sorry for the dramatic moment too!

Archived