Clockwork Souls [PG-16/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

he may have an interest in Helen

Caeil will definitely has an unhealthy obsession with Helen

Helen seems fabulous.

Wow. Is my character really that interesting?
I mean, she has the most normal name out of everyone here.
And she can't even use Animus properly due to her prosthetics.
Also, Aix, anything else I need to do to the app to get it accepted?

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about her nature as a sentient automaton (technically) or a human-automaton full hybrid. So far, the characters that might shown some interest in her are automaton nerds after all.

Helen has more to her than you think. She has a brain and everything.
Just, due to her past, she doesn't want people to see what's beneath the bandages.
I mean, would anyone want to look at a girl who has had about two-thirds of her body replaced by machines, and the other third is horribly burnt and scarred?
I think she has every right not to want to be seen as a freak.

Helen has more to her than you think. She has a brain and everything.
Just, due to her past, she doesn't want people to see what's beneath the bandages.
I mean, would anyone want to look at a girl who has had about two-thirds of her body replaced by machines, and the other third is horribly burnt and scarred?
I think she has every right not to want to be seen as a freak.

I'm pretty sure they all know that, but still, her nature is very unique. She probably won't be seen as a freak, but rather, a rare specimen, especially since she has a Core within herself keeping her alive. She may not be seen as an ordinary human, and if you look at her primarily robotic limbs and bandages, it's not hard to convince yourself of that. If she didn't want to be treated this way, then she should've thought about that before deciding to go to Daedalus College.

It's like sending a cyborg to a robotics school. What exactly did you expect to happen?

It's like sending a cyborg to a robotics school.

That's essentially the concept.
I'm interested to see how intrusive you all are going to be on her privacy. :3
Also, in combat, since she does have an Animus Core, people can channel their Animus into her to let her overclock her mechanisms and hit harder.

I realized I didn't give my character any automaton, and relying only on his weapon for fighting would put him at disadvantage.

I'm thinking in giving Ezeltainn an small automaton, designed after a salamander, for scouting and supporting in fights, so he would remain as a foot soldier rather than a mounted unit.

Aww...saying such things is so hurtful.

After all, her app says that she still has human parts.

But who would want to see her horrific burns underneath the bandages and mask she will have to wear for the rest of her life?

That is what makes her all the more interesting. This world already has plenty of automatons, as well as humans. Helen, however, is the only one who can truly qualify as both. She is a miracle of engineering, animus, and medical science. No wonder everybody is obsessed with her.

You know, an idea for an Automaton someone could have could be a set of powered armor.

By channeling their Animus into the hydraulics, they could essentially become superhuman.

It'd basically be a mech. You can do that, though your field of view would be severely limited. Beyond a few rare Daedalus artifacts, there are no video cameras or screens.

Beyond a few rare Daedalus artifacts, there are no video cameras or screens.

I didn't know that. Which other things are not available? Because I thought radars and other equipment normally run by electricity/batteries existed. Or electricity is not a thing in this world, or at least in Britannia?

I didn't know that. Which other things are not available? Because I thought radars and other equipment normally run by electricity/batteries existed. Or electricity is not a thing in this world, or at least in Britannia?

This is the Victorian era.

I thought we were going to make our automatons in like class or something. That would be badass

There will be a class on automaton customization.

Archived