Yu-Gi-Oh Tower of Babel Started/IC/Accepting/PG-13

Love of Ghibli

[b]"Ooooh, now look what you've done!"[/b] Aiya glared at her Avatar in annoyance.

[b]"Looks like it went better than planned to me,"[/b] Luna smirked.

[b]"Luna, you can't just fire at a crowd like that, you mi-Hey, Luna!"[/b]

Luna had already marched to the side of the building and hopped off, summoning a series of glyphs in mid-air to act as platforms for her to hop down. Aiya peered over the side, briefly considering trying the same trick but opting out as soon as she saw just how high up she was. Instead she scrambled down the fire escapse as quickly as she could while Luna marched towards the tower.

Luna drew closer to the tower, giving only a passing glance to the remains of the crowds now pushing through the doors. The loud, booming voice of the dragon caught her attention, however, and she looked up to see it standing over the fallen body of a human, protecting it like a trained lap-dog.

[b]"Tch, it's his own damn fault for jumping in the way,"[/b] Luna replied, black sparks dancing round her eyes.

Slightly out of breath now Aiya finally caught up to her Avatar, panting slightly as she came to a halt beside her. She looked up at the dragon for a moment, a fearful expression crossing her face before she bowed low apologetically.

[b]"I-I-I'm so sorry,"[/b] she squeaked [b]"It won't happen again!"[/b]

Luna sighed and rolled her eyes, the day Aiya grew a backbone would be a happy day for her.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kounanne rose now to the girl and her witch of an Avatar. He looked at her glaringly, holding his arm up as if to attempt to guard the massive dragon behind him.

"Kounanne insists on my constant protection, even if I should be the one protecting him!" Maximus was upset but clearly obedient. though now, Kounanne began circling the females.

Attacking my Avatar was not a smart plan. It seems I am still not common knowledge down here. He extended his arm, a small ball in his hand unfolding, encircling his arm to form a corrupt and arcane dueldisk.

"Kounanne is challenging you to a duel. He is clearly insulted by your attack, and as it would happen, so am I. Unfortunately for the two of us, it would be too easy to simply smash you into the ground where you belong." Kounanne looked back at his dragon and smiled, as if so thank him but at the same time remind him of his manners.

My Avatar is correct, showing you my power would create far too much panic, and people would only wish to enter the tower more. No, clearly I must explain to you who I am.

Tetsuya watched from a distance at the events that unfolded. "Looks like he's challenging her to a duel." He'd studied the game but had rarely seen anyone play it, a result of his lack of human interaction over the past few years. He thought this would be as good an opportunity as ever to see the game take place. His evaluative eyes watched the pair.

Prometheus crept up behind him. "Aren't we in a hurry? We need to make for Babylon if we are to get there first." At first the voice startled Tetsuya but he was relieved to turn to see his avatar floating behind him. "The monsters will slow the early birds down and make our journey an easier one, we might as well watch these two while we wait." Tetsuya argued. Prometheus merely nodded obediently and watched in silence.

[b]"W-what?"[/b] Aiya blinked in confusion, staring between the dragon and his master [b]"B-bu-but I..."[/b]

She was interrupted by an elbow to the ribs from Luna: [b]"What's wrong?"[/b] She said [b]"You're not afraid of some nerd and his lap dog, are you?"[/b]

[b]"Luna,"[/b] Aiya hissed [b]"You're being rude!"[/b]

[b]"So?"[/b] Luna glared back at her [b]"You gonna take his challenge or not?"[/b] She leaned closer [b]"It'd be rude not to."[/b]

Aiya gave Luna another hard glare before heaving a small, frustrated sigh, reaching into her bag for her duel disk and strapping it onto her arm. It looked very worn and battered but it still managed to work.

[b]"I... I'm really sorry,"[/b] She repeated, trying her best to make the dragon not angry at her [b]"I tried to tell her to stop but she never listens to me!"[/b]

Kounanne, insulted, walked a distance to make room for the oncoming battle. I will protect my monsters with my life, as you will see. And then, they shall repay me with your demise.

"We draw" Maximus exclaimed as the man gracefully but with purpose pulled six cards from his dueldisk and into his hand.

"We will begin by summoning Koa'ki Meiru Sandman in attack mode!" a large golem of sifting dust rose from the ground before Kounanne, a glowing insignia upon its chest. "This monster will be accompanied by the spell Core Overclock! While this card is in play, all Koa'ki Meiru monsters gain an additional 500 ATK points!" the symbol emblazed upon the monster begin glowing more intensely as sand and dust gathered from the ground and onto the now hulking 2400 attack pointed behemoth.

"Two face-down cards will end our turn, but in order for our Sandman to remain on the field, we must reveal that in our hand is another Rock-type monster: Koa'ki Meiru Wall!" a silhouette of a large brick-like creature appeared behind the sand monster, a similar insignia shining upon it before vanishing back to Kounanne's hand. "Your move."

Nothing you can do will destroy my monsters, I will ensure it. You will pay for attacking Maximus, but not nearly as much as you will if you continue into the tower.

Kris pushed passed the rushing crowds. The number of people heading towards the tower was increasing and it was becoming nigh impossible to go any other. He fought through the crowd, accumulating a whole slew of new bruises as he did so. He couldn't figure out why he was so adamant to get away from the tower right now, but something told him that he shouldn't be around the base of the tower. No doubt someone would try and pull something stupid.

But still, it wasn't as if he could continue to fight against this flood of people forever. Escaping the onslaught, Kris attempted to duck into the nearest doorway, but as he did so, someone was trying to come out of the same door. As a result, the two hit heads, causing Kris let out a mild curse. After briefly assuaging his head, Kris looked to see who the other victim of this perpetrator-less crime was. It was a young man that Kris vaguely remembered. Hiro. That was his name. Kris had gone into the store that Hiro worked at several times before. "Sorry about that, man. I don't know if you remember me or not, I'm Kris."

Hiro groaned as he rubbed his head a bit, before looking up, immediately recognizing the young man. "Yeah I know you...Kris. One of the regulars at Goblin Squad's Cards." he said, slowly getting up, as he helped Kris up as well. "I'm glad to see your doing alright...surprised you weren't at the shop earlier today like you normally are. Kinda got worried..." For Hiro, he always worried about those who walk through the card shop, as how the world was now. "Though at the same time, glad you didn't..."

Hiro! Hey, make this a social visit later! Alius said, sighing. The tower and getting to Babylon calls!

Hiro sighed as he slowly nodded. "Try and get somewhere safe, Kris. I'm going off to the top of the tower."

[Streets of Detroit]

"I'm glad to see your doing alright...surprised you weren't at the shop earlier today like you normally are. Kinda got worried..." Kris was slightly touched by Hiro's sentiment. The two didn't know each other that well, but it was good to know that there were people in Detroit that weren't just worried about saving their own skin. "Your concern is appreciated, but I was just tuning into any news about the UN meeting. Glad I did too." Kris looked at Hiro and noticed that he paused for a moment, as if he was listening to a voice that Kris couldn't hear. This was common around the baseline. A lot of times Avatars wouldn't show themselves and only speak in their partner's head. 

"Try and get somewhere safe, Kris. I'm going off to the top of the tower." Kris watched Hiro go. The man was rushing towards the tower, along with everyone else. Kris couldn't blame him from wanting to reach Babylon, but he would have thought that he would have enough sense to wait until the crowds died down. The chaos alone could get you killed, let alone the monsters in the tower. Before Kris could speak up to stop him, the roaring of engine could be heard down the street. Kris spun around, his hand landing on the knife at his side. He scanned the crowd for the source of the noise, and quickly realized he wasn't in any danger and it was only a motorcycle. The motorcycle and cyclist raced down the road, and as they got closer Kris noticed that the driver had a panicked look in her eye as if she didn't quite know what she was doing. Kris looked to see that path that the bike was on, and his eyes grew wide as he noted that it was on a collision course with Hiro. Leaping into action, Kris sprinted forward and jumped across the street. Intending to plow into Hiro and move him into safety, he closed his eyes expecting the coming pain that was to come.

Baseline: Tower Entrance

"He... He's not listening to me," Aiya sighed.

"Perhaps he's more interested in hearing your card skills talk than your mouth," Luna suggested.

Aiya shot Luna another glare: "This is all your fault, I hope you're happy!"

"Ecstatic," Luna replied sarcastically "It's your turn, you know? You gonna play or not?"

Aiya glared at Luna for another moment or two before returning her attention to the duel. She drew a new card from her deck and placed it into her hand, going through her cards to see what she could do.

"I summon, Spell • Girl Rain!" Aiya commanded, taking a card from her hand and placing it onto her duel disk's field.

As soon as the card hit the field a dazzling display of lights lit up in front of Luna, water particles spewing forth from the ground and the image of a young girl rising from within them. The water parted, revealing a girl with long, blue hair, horn rimmed glasses and blue and white coloured clothing vaguely resembling a school uniform, she also carried a long stave in her hand topped with an ornately decorated trident. (ATK: 1900)

"I activate Rain's effect," Aiya stared, taking another card from her hand [b]"By discarding 1 Spell Card I take a look at your hand and choose 1 of them to send to the graveyard."[/b]

Aiya send her card to the graveyard slot (anybody watching with a keen eye might have been able to notice that the card she'd send was a monster card instead of a spell card). Upon command Rain raised her arm, a series of semi-transparent screens appearing around her, revealing the cards in Kounnane's hand.

LP: 4000
Hand: 4
Deck: 34

Field: Spell • Girl Rain (ATK: 1900)

Grave: 1
Banish: 0

[spoiler cards used]

Name: Spell • Girl Rain
Attribute: WATER
Level: 4
Type: Spellcaster / Effect
Lore: This card gains 100 ATK for each Spell Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card; look at your opponent's hand, then send 1 card from their hand to the Graveyard.
ATK: 1900
DEF: 400[/spoiler]

Bottom of the Tower of Babel

A little peak at my hand all you want? No matter.

"In our hand we have Koa'ki Meiru Wall and Koa'ki Meiru Valafar." the cards revealed themselves to Kounanne's opponent. "But, you already knew we had Wall, as we had to show him to you in order to keep our monster on the field. Take your pick."

Regardless of what she chooses, the Iron Core will soon reveal itself. 

Streets of Detroit --> Entrance to The Tower of Babel

"Please... you have to help me," Erika told the guy that had approached her, although not before at least standing up again, "I don't know where to go, and..."

"On second thought, she's fine," The Magician intervened, before dragging Erika by the ear, "C'mon Drama Queen, we got a plot to chase."

And then, there they were, standing at the base of The Tower of Babel and preparing to face their destiny... or in the case of Erika, her worst nightmare come to life. The poor Mexican girl was quaking in her heels, hugging her avatar for comfort, until...

"Y'know, we're gonna have to brave the tower at some point," said The Magician, while he was watching a duel between a girl and a Babylon who'd suddenly decided to come all the way down to Baseline for whatever reason, "But if I were to teach you the game first, would it make you feel any better?"

"Well... not really," Erika replied honestly, "I mean... I barely know the basics; how am I meant to hold my own against... anyone?"

"Awe come on, you'd be surprised by the sheer number of people that can't even read card effects," The Magician said in an encouraging tone... well, towards Erika anyway, "Like this girl for instance; here she is explaining what she can do by discarding a Spell Card, yet she discards a monster instead."

"But what's the chance that I...?"

"You're not helping with this pessimistic tone of yours,"

-Baseline, Floor 39-

"Well, that was odd." As it turns out, Ikaruga met a heartbroken woman who was crying because her lover left upwards to claim treasure, even though she pleaded for him to not go. The duel monster, Warrior Dai Grepher, was left behind to watch over her while he was gone. The warrior was trying to convince her to leave. Noticing that getting involved meant dealing with grief, Ikaruga and his avatar went on ahead after a few words.

And so the duo continued upwards, moving swiftly towards the beltline.

[Floor 60] Outside of the old Tower Investigation base.

"My Lady, we may be in luck.  Three individuals are approaching as we speak."  Granzon said, staring at the stairwell on the far end of the floor.  As he said, three young men were walking towards it and Neraine from the stairwell area.  Neraine, who was leaning on the wall, looked up at this news.

"Three?  That's pretty good.  Hopefully they can fight, otherwise..." Neraine replied, now standing upright.

"They all seem to be carrying weapons."

"Oh?  So they came prepared!"  Neraine said, doing a fist-pump.  "I wonder how strong they are?"

"They appear confident, but the type of confidence they show could get them killed."

"That's fine, I'm sure after floor 101 they'll calm down."  Neraine said, still eagerly waiting for the three to reach her office.  Her enthusiasm quickly died down when they became close enough to see their t-shirts however; each one showed a tiger, with a number under it.  "Great, those are number tigers."

Neraine had a few run-ins with them in the past, though they've been harrassing her more frequently in the last couple of months, when they learned that her supply shipments include weapons of various sorts to aid in the defense of the Midgard base.  It's a dangerous place, after all.  Unfortunately for those up there, these "number" obsessed duelists keep wanting to take their stuff, even going as far as masquerading as a potential hire.

"What do you want now?"  Neraine asked the three with an almost bored look on her face.

"You know what we want," the apparent leader of this small party replied.  He had a raspy voice and a thin frame, and the spikiest brown hair she had ever seen in real life.  He wouldn't have looked out of place in one of those Yu-Gi-Oh shows.  Neraine hadn't seen him before; she suspected that this one was a newer member.  The lackeys she recognized instantly by their avatars.  One had some sort of dog and the other was some sort of tadpole that swam through the air.  For some reason she has to deal with them almost everytime the number tigers decide to show up.

"Before you begin your battle," Granzon spoke up.  Neraine was surprised; she was about to draw her sword before being interrupted.  "May I suggest you settle this with a game of Duel Monsters?" it asked.  Neraine raised an eyebrow at Granzon; it was obvious to her that Granzon just wanted to kill a bunch of cards in the game.

"What?  No!  I won't be satisfied until this wench is beneath my heel!"  The leader saud.  Neraine figured that she must be some sort of infamous figure for that small-time gang if a newbie already hated her.

"You will be allowed to do that if you defeat My Lady in a Duel," Granzon replied.  The leader was obviously confused by what it meant, as he paused for a minute before speaking again.

"N-no way!" The leader said, taking another step forward.  At this point Neraine could make out his avatar; some sort of beast the man's size, that seems to manage to be slow and lumbering anyway.  It carried a sack of something, Neraine figured they were small stones, about the size of baseballs.

"Very well then."  Granzon said as a wormhole appeared behind it.  "They're all yours, My Lady."

Neraine sighed as Granzon disappeared into the wormhole.  But once it closed, a fire could be seen in Neraine's eyes as she herself took a step forward.

"You should have taken Granzon's offer." Neraine said.  "Because now you will learn exactly why you guys will never defeat me!  Behold!  The power of Midgard!"

Neraine started to run towards the leader, but before she got anywhere, a sudden blow hit her legs, causing her to stop.  She glanced at the ground and noticed a rock there; probably one that was thrown at her.  Looking back up, she saw the lumbering troll pulling a stone out of its bag, while the leader observed her with a cruel smile on his face.  The troll threw the stone, and since she was still unbalanced, Neraine used changed her gravity vector for a split second to accelerate her to the side, landing back on her feet.  With her hands now resting on her sword, she waited for the Number Tigers to make the next move.

At this point, the two lackeys had flanked Neraine of either side.  The one to the left - the tadpole lackey, charged towards Neraine with a loud cry.  In response, Neraine quickly turned her head and drew her sword, but was hit with two stones; one on the head, and one on her sword arm.  She would have collapsed on the ground at this point, but Neraine was something of a battle veteran.  and utilized her gravity power to land on stay on her feet.  This would not last, as she was hit with another stone in the hand again as she went to draw her sword, allowing the lackey to beat her down to the ground with the bat.

"Hah, if this is the power of Midgard, then we have nothing to fear!  We'll find out this tower's secret easily!"  the leader exclained as Neraine was getting beat.  She would question the Number Tiger's sudden interest in the tower itself, but Neraine had to win this battle first.  She grabbed one of the stones that she was pelted with earlier while she was on the ground and linked it with her gravitational power.  It's small, so the link happened quickly.  With the link established, Neraine did not throw the stone, she just released it from her hand.

The stone shot upwards into the air, smacking the lackey directly in the forehead, before smashing into the ceiling. The leader seemed unaffected by this display of power... at least, until Neraine started floating about an inch off the ground.

"Hahaha!  I get it now!"  Neraine exclaimed.  "You seem to be able to use a stone strike a part of my body that makes a sudden movement!"  It made sense, Neraine thought, thinking back to the times she moved using her gravity ability.  "Too bad I figured it out though!" Neraine said as she slowly drew her sword.

"Throw everything you've got!"  The leader screamed, apparently understanding that his trick had been discovered.  The troll started to throw normal stones, which Neraine easily avoided by floating to the left or to the right as they neared her.

"Got you!"  She yelled, as she started to accelerate quickly toward the leader.  That was the signal for the lackeys to beat a hasty retreat, though the leader stood there, mortified.  The troll continued throwing, but not a single stone hit as Neraine evaded them during her advance.  The leader eventually braced for his death by closing his eyes and clenching his teet, expecting a beheading.

...Except that he would not die here.  Instead, Neraine passed well above the young man, and ended up behind him.  He was not harmed at all.

"Get out of here, and I don't want to see any of you Number Tigers around here again."  Neraine had begun to calm down.  The battle was won.  The young man understood, and fled back down the steps with his avatar.  Neraine sighed again, sheathing her sword, and as on cue, Granzon reappeared nearby via wormhole.

"That was an impressive way to drive him off without harming him My Lady," it said, crossing its arms.  "Though that young man had a bizarre ability."

"That's one way to put it," Neraine said.  "I bet he could beat most people on the baseline here if he was more aggressive."

"Still, your performance could be better.  There was no need for you to get damaged like that," Granzon said.  Neraine replied in a dismissive huff, as she started to bleed from where the stone hit her head.  Granzon took note, and summoned a small wormhole and reached into it, pulling out a first aid kit from the supplies.  "Would you like some bandages for your head wound, My Lady?"

Neraine smiled, as she took the kit and began dressing the wound.  "I want to know," she asked.  "When will you actually assist me in a fight."

"When I am needed."

-Baseline, floor 60-

As the japanese duo were traveling upwards, they passed by a group with some sort of shirts with tigers on them. Both of the travellers recognized them as members of the number tigers, though they did look relatively new and had a mixed look of fear and anger. A look of defeat. Ignoring these three, they went on ahead, only to find...

"It's a mecha!" Ikaruga shouted, pointing at the blue machine. "This is becoming more and more of an anime with each step!"

Oh dear, the Chamberlain thought, as Ikaruga ran off to the machine in giddiness. He quickly followed after him, hoping that the machine was friendly.

When Ikaruga got there, he saw a woman dressing a wound on her head. He paid that no heed, and instead focused on the robot. "Is that your avatar?" Ikaruga asked. "Because if it is, then let me tell you right now that's awesome." The Chamberlain caught up to him. "Please excuse his manners, he's just a large fan of anime."

"The term is anime otaku, you know," Ikaruga replied back to his avatar.

Midgard: Floor 120

Col. Robinson was just about to leave the makeshift base when, finally, a familiar voice came through the radio.

'Colonel Holly Robinson, this is Brigadier General Ethan Hamachi, please respond,' with that, Col. Robinson quickly rushed back into the base.

"This is Colonel Robinson; I read ya," she replied.

'Good, at least we've confirmed you're still alive,' Brgd. Hamachi stated, 'What's your status?'

"I just set up base an hour ago, but I've still no sign of these supposed reinforcements," Col. Robinson answered, "So... where the bloody hell are they, mate?"

'They should've been at your position by now. Unless... damn it, they must've been intercepted!'

"Nah, that can't be right; the monsters are supposed to be easier to fight on the way down. You did order them to go down the tower, aye?"

'The Babylons traverse down the tower too, y'know. Maybe one of those sons of bitches... never mind, does that base of yours need to be secured?'

"Nah, she'll be right. Haven't seen anything since coming up here. Though as to why, exactly..."

Col. Robinson was cut off when she heard a rumble, followed by feeling a vibration within the entire floor. Immediately she raised her ZF-1 assault rifle and pointed it straight outside her base, with the attached flashlight on since it was rather dark inside this floor specifically.

'The hell was that?' Brdg. Hamachi asked.

"Dunno," Col. Robinson replied, "I'm about to investigate, though. Over and out."

With that, she pocketed the radio and stepped outside cautiously, with Skybound Linewalker in tow.

Aiya frowned as she looked at the cards displayed on Rain's screens, thinking hard as she stared at them. If I send his wall to the grave he wont be able to reveal it next turn for his other monster's effect, she thought, reaching for the screen displaying Kao'ki Meiru Wall. Before she could touch it however Luna's hand shot out and grabbed her by the wrist. "What are you doing?" Aiya glared at her

"You don't want to choose that one," Luna replied.

"What are you talking about?" Aiya asked "If I get rid of it then next turn he wont be able to use it to keep his other monster."

"Next turn he wont be needing to keep it anyway," Luna hissed back "Take a look at his other monster, would you? He only needs to tribute 1 Kao'ki Meiru monster to summon it and it'll be much harder to get rid of! Pay attention!"

Aiya pouted slightly but conceeded, touching the screen for Kao'ko Meiru Valafar. On command Rain raised her stave, firing a spear of water towards the targeted card in her opponent's hand.

Once this was resolved a pale white fog began to pour from Aiya's graveyard slot, twisting into several vaguely humanoid forms which floated about her field.

"Now for another effect," Aiya began, taking the card she's sent to the grave with Rain's effect out and showing it to her opponent "The card I sent to the graveyard was Spell Girl Akki, while in my hand she's treated as a spell card and when discarded for an effect she summons herself when that effect is resolved!"

As she finished saying this the ghosts collected together, forming into a tall human girl with impossibly long white hair and robes, pale skin and almost completely pitch black eyes save for two tiny white dots in the center. (ATK: 2400)

"Since I control a Spell Girl monster, I can now also Special Summon Magical Mascot from my hand!" Aiya continued, placing another card on the field. A small, dark blue cat emerged beside Rain, a ring of white fur around his neck and a pair of small white wings growing from his back(ATK: 0) "Finally, I'll tune my level 2 Magical Mascot to my level 6 Spell Girl Akki!" Aiya commanded, both monsters launching themselves into the air, Akki becoming six glowing orbs while the mascot transformed into a pair of glowing rings "A young heart carries a wish upon its soul, a wish that will one day awaken the magic buried deep inside. Synchro Summon, my beautiful soldier! Spell • Girl Queen Aurora!"

A green pillar of light rose up on Aiya's field, six white wings emerging from it seconds before the light vanished revealing the monster inside, a tall, beautiful woman with long silver hair and shining, silver regal armour, only one eye was visible through her helm, the other covered by a plate of metal with a long scar running underneath. The creature floated down to Aiya's field, landing gently and folding her wings behind her back. (ATK: 2800)

"Aurora, attack Koa'ki Meiru Sandman!" Aiya ordered "Holy Blaster!"

Aurora took to the skies again, raising her long bladed staff and firing a long beam of white light towards her opponent's monster. Should the attack be successfull Aiya would then order Rain to attack directly.

Hand: 3

Field: Spell • Girl Rain (ATK: 1900) / Spell • Girl Queen Aurora (ATK: 2800)

Grave: 2

[spoiler cards used]

Name: Spell • Girl Akki
Attribute: DARK
Level: 6
Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. While in your hand this card is treated as a Spell Card. If this card is discarded as cost for an Effect Monster effect: Once that effect resolves you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn during your Draw Phase: you can add 1 Normal Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand instead of conducting your normal Draw Phase.
ATK: 2400
DEF: 1600

Name: Magical Mascot
Level: 2
Type: Fairy / Tuner
Lore: If you control a face-up “Spell • Girl” or “Spell • Knight” monster; you can Special Summon this card from your hand.
ATK: 0
DEF: 0

Name: Spell • Girl Queen Aurora
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 8
Type: Spellcaster / Synchro / Effect
Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters.
This card gains 200 ATK for each Spell Card in your Graveyard. When this card declares an attack on an Attack Position monster: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard; if it was a Spell Card the attack target monster is changed to Defence Position. If this card attacks a Defence Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
ATK: 2800
DEF: 2400[/spoiler]

Intriguing. Unfortunately for her she could have discarded either monster and it wouldn't have mattered.

As the attack drew near to Koa'ki Meiru Sandman, a blue light caught itself in the crossfire, pushing the Sandman out of the way, letting the attack go... straight for Kounanne!

"Kounanne!" yelled the dragon in fear as his master's Life Points depleted severely. (LP: 1200)

Maximus growled. "Kounanne activated the Trap Astral Barrier. When you declare an attack against one of our monsters, he can change it to a direct attack instead!" Maximus was clearly unhappy with his master's decision, but there was nothing he could do.

My own safety is of little importance when my monsters are all that matters. In the end, they will win this duel, not I. And I will protect them with my life. Kounanne looked to his Avatar, an affectionate and protective smile, before returning his focused gaze to the duel.

[b]"H-huh?"[/b] Aiya looked confused as the attack missed the sandman and instead hit Kounanne [b]"An Astral Barrier? But, why would he..."[/b] She shook her head [b]"Nevermind, I'll end my turn."[/b]

Aurora returned to her position in front of Aiya, giving a somewhat concerned look over her shoulder at Aiya before turning to face forwards again. Luna on the other hand just sighed and rolled her eyes.

[b]"I'm not ready for this,"[/b] Aiya muttered.

Hand: 3

Field: Spell • Girl Rain (ATK: 1900) / Spell • Girl Queen Aurora (ATK: 2800)

Grave: 2

Entrance to the Tower of Babel

"But before you end your turn, we activate the quick-spell: Koa'ki Meiru Initialize! By Tributing our Sandman, now we can add the Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru to our hand!" the golem was swept away in the wind, leaving on the ground a strange metal ball, which was then added to Kounanne's hand.

"And now, we draw!" another graceful but fully controlled sweep of the arm added a thrid card to Kounanne's hand. As I had hoped. 

"We summon Koa'ki Meiru Urnight to the field!" a large armored centaur of sorts climbed from the earth in front of the duelist, also bearing the insignia of the Koa'ki Meiru. The monster then grew as the Core Overclock Spell increased his ATK to 2500.

"Koa'ki Meiru Urnight has a Special Ability which we shall now activate! By showing you that in our hand is the Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru, we can summon another Koa'ki Meiru monster to the field! Say hello, to Koa'ki Meiru Crusader!" the centaur struck its spear into the ground, and the glowing insignia formed around the space. From this seal rose a great armored gorilla-knight, whose attack points were also boosted by the Spell Card to 2400.

Your monsters are unique and interesting, but the respect I share for my monsters will out. Prepare to see a monster no one below Babylon has ever witnessed before!

"Now with our Level 4 Urnight and Crusader we build the overlay network! We Xyz Summon: Corrupted Koa'ki Meiru Urnight!" the two monsters flew into the spiraling galaxy, from which rose the gold-armored beast-warrior, a corrupted form of the centaur used as one of the Materials. The Core Overclock also boosted this monster's ATK to 2900.

Kounanne now pointed to the Spell Queen opposite him. Corrupted Urnight attack! With Corrupted Core Crusade!

[spoiler='Card Used']FOCKTJF.jpg[/spoiler]

BASELINE - TOWER ENTRANCE

Tetsuya's eyes widened as he watched the Xyz Monster emerge. This duel was rousing his interest more and more and reminded him of the deck he had, reaching to it from the inside pocket of his overcoat. "The deck we built." Tetsuya said with an awkward smile.

Promtheus ignored him and continued to watch the duel take place. "So this is a Babylonian?" the avatar inpected him further. "A dragon for an avatar... This guy must be pretty powerful. Still it is only a brutish pet compared to...." He stopped when he realised his master had lost interest in his egoistic speech.

However, Tetsuya had became intrigued by the two avatars. His gaze drifted over to the man's opponent and looked at her avatar, a girl called "Luna" it seemed.

"I think the crowds have died down, we should leave soon." Prometheus advised. Tetsuya didn't argue but at the same time kept his focus on the duel before him. Things were getting all the more interesting.

[hr]

“So, why are you summoned me here, when I was still quite enjoying my holiday sleep? This better be important, or I’ll throw a tantrum.”

Licea were now in her manager’s office, having finally left here bed, but she seemed to forget to change her pajamas into something more appropriate, but neither her or her manager seemed to care about it.

“Ah. Yes, this is quite the important news. You see, this morning a plane carrying the leaders of several countries were hijacked and now currently held somewhere up the Tower of Babel.”

“Aaand?”

“I think you should try investigating it. Maybe this is a good way to spend your holiday, and this is definitely better than slacking off in your bed.”

“Who the hell do you think I am, old man? I am a puppeteer, not a detective. And why should I even bother with all this stuffs?”

Licea started to get irritated by her manager, yet her manager still managed to keep calm, and sipped coffee from a nearby cup.

“When have you become this rude, Licea? I remember you used to be a nice girl.”

He then walked out of the room, but when he’s at the door, he looked back at Licea once more.

“I think your life lacked thrill, and you now really need something to reignite your interest in it.

Don’t you forget that the monsters are still somewhere in the tower, and I think killing them would do more good to you than ‘killing’ mannequins.”

“How-“

“Oh, on my desk, there’s a key to my locker. I think you can find something interesting there.”

And with it, the manager left Licea alone in confusion.

[hr]

“What…

A beam gun? A pistol? Spare ammunitions?

What does that old man actually thinking?”

[hr]

Licea returned back to her flat, and started to pack some of her belongings in preparation for her climb.

“Let’s see…

Canned food, knife, mineral water, some clothing change, a puppet, my knife, the firearms and their ammunition, I guess that’s enough.”

She then noticed her deck lying around in the table.

“I guess I should bring it too. They might help alleviate my boredom. And maybe I’ll pick a duel disk along my way, those kids seems to really like dueling with them.

Or maybe not. My power is a good replacement for that oversized piece of metal and plastic.”

After she was finished with her packing, she decided to call one of her associates to make it be known that she’d be leaving for a while, and noticed her phone was not there.

Grumbling, she went outside to find a phone booth.

[hr]

“Wait what.”

“Please, do not disturb him at the moment.”

“Wait what.”

“Oh look, he took some interest to you.”

“Shi-

I guess this is the time for I, the great Elaic to serenely skeedadle from this place.

Bye!”

[hr]

[b]"Aurora!"[/b] Aiya cried in anguish.

Seconds later Aiya's monster was hit by the attack, her image shattering into countless pieces that soon faded from view. (4000 -> 3900) Aiya stared in disbelief at the area her monster had been just a few moments earlier, now vacant.

[b]"N-no,"[/b] Aiya let out a low moan, sinking to her knees and looking utterly defeated [b]"She's my best monster."[/b]

Luna rolled her eyes and gave Aiya a sharp kick in the side. [b]"Get up,"[/b] she snapped [b]"You barely lost any life points at all now stop moping!"[/b]

The attack successful, Kounanne ended his battle phase. If that's her best monster, perhaps I will not even need mine.

"We end our turn."

Though, she still has more cards in her hand that I. I can only hope my draws are either lucky, or do not need to be.

Noah Croodir Floor 60

Lucky Noah had a nice stash of Burberry in his makes shift clothing store home he finally got dressed and looked pretty decent. What was interesting was that there was some loud commotion coming out from outside on the floor. This must've been some gang related foolishness again. Noah grew tired of this foolishness. If this whole weak should submit to the strong theory was something these thugs subscribed to then why wouldn't they understand how weak they are.

Noah stepped outside ready to deal some serious hurt but much to his and Toruga's dismay they would witness someone else dishing out a lot of pain. The two could only stand by stunned as this warrior maiden went to work and dealt with those thugs. He managed to overhear her say something about Midgard which really peaked his interest. When the fighting was over the Earth based duo could only widen there eyes as they looked at the machine based creature that stood behind her. The team looked at each other and nodded. This was someone who had crossed the Beltline and clearly someone who should be allied with.

Even though there was someone already there admiring the mecha qualities of this stranger's Avatar, Noah and Toruga's still thought it best to introduce themselves.

"Hello there strangers. Thanks for clearing the floor of some pest. Pretty sweet moves you have there." He said bashfully with a smile. Toruga simply was next to his master's side

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knelli Muhammed Entrance to the Tower (Streets)

After controlling the plane and landing it safely inside the tower Knelli had secretly snuck back down to the Baseline to watch the success of his actions. His labors bore more fruit than he ever imagined. Despite the mass panic and hysteria that came from the initial announcement; the fact that soooo many people were now making their way to climbing the Tower was simply amazing. Granted a lot of these people were imps and weaklings, but this was no longer the time to care about quality and quantity. Just get people blitzing the place.

For additional secrecy Knelli made it so that His A star Daiyusha would take on the outward appearance of a lower form known as Goyusha. This doesn't decrease the Avatars power at all but it does change something else. "MY VOICE!! Master what have you done to my voice." Goyusha screamed. The proud thunderous roar that just shocked the airwaves was replaced with a shriek like that of a chipmunk.

"Look Dai...I mean Goyusha I had to change your voice otherwise people would get suspicious." The machine man slumped down as he cartoonishly moped around until some other explosions attracted his senses.

Is...is that Kounane over there?" Knelli said getting more and more flustered by the second. What brings him down here? Goyusha replied. I...I think he's stopping people from climbing the tower. Why? DAMN IT! He must think he's saving lives again."

"Well maybe we should break words with him." Goyusha suggested. "Knowing that dragon of his I doubt words are the only things he'll want to break. Lets just stayed hidden for now. I can't be see. By the other Babylonians just yet."

Lilleeanna, not one to just sit around very long, had finally bored herself at the 130th floor and hand decided to head down the tower, hoping maybe she could find someone to entertain her.

It certainly didn't take long... on the 121st floor Lilleeanna began to sense a powerful force about a floor beneath her. Yes she could definitely sense the raw and untamed human power beneath her just waiting to be tapped into and used!

It wasn't long, once she reached the 120th floor, before Lilleeanna discovered the source of the power... a young blonde woman. An arrogant smile played across her lips as she approached the woman from behind.

It wasn't until she was nearly on top of the woman that she finally spoke.

"You seem a bit lost deary..." the ominous whisper came from behind Robinson, "you know its dangerous to wander around this part of the tower without any sense of purpose or direction... you never know what could be hiding in the shadows," and unpleasant smile played across Lilleeanna's lips, "luckily for you it was friendly... this time." 

[U]Baseline - Tower Entrance[/u]

[b]"Get up!"[/b] Luna snapped [b]"Are you gonna spend the rest of the day moping on the floor or are you going to finish this?"[/b]

[b]"What's the point?"[/b] Aiya replied [b]"I shouldn't even have tried in the first place."[/b]

Luna grabbed Aiya by the back of the collar and pulled her to her feet, glaring [b]"Grow a friggin backbone already, would you! It's your turn now take it"[/b]

[b]"I don't have any monster that can get past his though,"[/b] Aiya replied [b]"It's ATK is too high."[/b]

[b]"It's ATK is high, but its DEF is low,"[/b] Luna replied [b]"You just need to get past its DEF."[/b]

[b]"But it's in attack mode!"[/b] Aiya replied.

[b]"Then [i]put[/i] it in defense mode!"[/b]

Aiya blinked, staring at Luna as if she'd only just realized that was a possibility. She shook her head and turned her attention back to her opponent, drawing a new card to start her turn. [b]"My draw!"[/b] She declared [b]"And I summon Spell • Girl Luna!"[/b]

[b]"About damn time,"[/b] Luna grinned.

Luna vanished from her spot beside Aiya and reappeared in front of her in a display of shadows.

[b]"I activate Luna's effect,"[/b] Aiya said [b]"By sending one spell card from my hand to the grave I can change your monster into face-down defense position! I send Spell Wind from my hand to the graveyard!"[/b]

Aiya send her spell card to the grave and Luna gave a broad grin, raising her staff as a powerful black aura began to grow from it towards Kounanne's monster.

[b]"Once Luna's effect resolves the effect of Spell Wind will activate and return your Astral Barrier to your hand!"[/b]

LP: 3900
Hand: 2
Field: Spell • Girl Rain (ATK: 1900) / Spell • Girl Luna
Grave: 4

[spoiler cards used]

Name: Spell • Girl Luna
Level: 3
Lore: This card gains 100 ATK for each Spell Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card and target 1 face-up monster; it is changed to face-down Defence Position.
ATK: 1300
DEF: 500

Name: Spell Wind
Type: Quick-Play Spell
Lore: Return 1 “Spell • Girl” monster you control to your hand. If this card is discarded as cost for an Effect Monster effect: Once that effect resolves you can target 1 card on the field; return it to its owner’s hand.

[/spoiler]

Archived