Yu-Gi-Oh Tower of Babel Started/IC/Accepting/PG-13

Love of Ghibli

Entrance to the Tower of Babel

Congratulations, you've managed to bind my monster and eliminate my Astral Barrier. Not that I would have used it, my Life Points are too low. Urnight fought as best he could, and now his hour is up. Perhaps I will need Maximus's assistance.

The golden-clad beast-warrior hid beneath his cloak now, and the glowing blue entity which previously flew near Kounanne bounced back to his hand.

"Ridiculous girl! Had you used your Spell Wind on our now face-down Urnight the duel may have been yours! Now we have everything in our hand and field to win!"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[u]Baseline - Tower Entrance[/u]

[b]"H-huh?"[/b] Aiya turned to Luna, looking confused [b]"But, he doesn't..."

[b]"Just ignore him,"[/b] Luna replied "It really didn't make a difference which card you returned."[/b]

[b]"R-right,"[/b] Aiya replied [b]"Okay then, now that there is a Spell Card in my grave, Rain and Luna gain 100 ATK!"[/b] Both of Luna's monsters glowed slightly as their ATK rose (Rain: ATK 1900 -> 2000) (Luna: ATK: 1300 -> 1400) [b]"Rain, Luna, attack!"[/b]

Luna couldn't help but give a broad grin at the order, summoning a series of black glyphs around her, preparing to launch her attack. Rain moved first, using her stave to fire several spears of water towards Kounanne's now face-down Urnight, upon it's destruction Luna would then move in to attack directly.

LP: 3900
Hand: 2
Deck: 34
Field: Spell • Girl Rain (ATK: 2000) / Spell • Girl Luna (ATK: 1400)
Grave: 4
Banish: 0

"Another person approaches,"  Granzon said, still staring off in their general direction.  Neraine looked up towards who Granzon spoke of - it was a man with his avatar didn't seem to be a gang member, so perhaps him will be the recruits she was hoping to get.  As they approached, Neraine smiled and waved at the two.

"Hello-" she began, but found herself ignored as the man walked right past her and over to Granzon and began gushing over it.  When he asked if the 'awesome' Granzon was her avatar, Neraine raised her eyebrow.  "Yeah, Granzon is my avatar," she said, as a man when mechanical limbs walked up to join the group.  Neraine guessed it was the other man's avatar, which seemed to be the case, as the two seemed to be familiar with each other.

"It's alright," Neraine said to the avatar.  "This happens on occasion when Granzon actually shows himself.  Anyway, I'm Neraine Evans," she said, extending her hand for a handshake, before noticing that the avatar's mechanical arms aren't really shaped for that.  Still, she kept a straight look on her face, waiting for the avatar's response before retracting her arm.

Meanwhile, Granzon was speaking with the anime otaku.  "How odd.  Usually it is the younger humans who admire my form," it said.  "To receive such words from an experienced man such as yourself, I am honored."  Granzon then looked past the man and spotted another human-avatar pair walking up to the gathering.

"My Lady, another human has arrived.  Perhaps they are willing to join the expedition as well?" Granzon said.  Neraine, after being introduced to the Chamberlain, turned her attention to the newcomers.   They seemed thankful that she chased off those Tigers from earlier.

"It's not a big deal," she said, now applying the bandage on her forehead.  "Anyway, I'm Neraine, and that is Granzon over there.  Are you here about the job?"

"A job?" the Chamberlain said. He turned to Ikaruga and said, "Ikaruga, did you hear that?"

"Oh yes, something about an odd greeting and something... did you say it was a job? One we could get paid at?"

"Possibly," the Chamberlain responded. He then turned to Neraine. "Now, what kind of job are you talking about? And what are you willing to pay us; if we take it that is."

While Neraine was talking to the Chamberlain, Ikaruga got a look on what this other person was like. This person was an african man wearing a fancy pair of glasses. On closer inspection, and by closer I mean walking up to him, his skin seemed to be shining. His avatar was some sort of brown dragon; Ikaruga may have seen this monster before, but he couldn't remember where.

"Hello, hello," Ikaruga greeted the stranger. "Would you like to buy a card?"

ARC 1: THE THORN IN MY SIDE!

Floor 99

It began swiftly and quietly, no resident saw this coming. It seemed that the homes and shops on the 99th floor were gaining some unchecked growth. One unfortunate location was a small preschool home to some of the younger kids who squat in the tower. The kids were simply playing inside for recess and one child looked up to see that there were leaves coming downward from the roof. The teacher looked up and was slightly afraid. There was no garden above this floor. In fact for the safety of the residents of the Tower of Babylon floor 100 is completely vacant and is layered with security camera to warn the populous of impending attacks. However, there didn't seem to be any warning of this situation. That could mean only one thing. Something had gone terribly wrong! Luckily the teacher here was actually war vet and her Avatar Sacred Crane had a second instinct when it came to battle. Before long the ceiling caved in on the preschool and down came a wide variety of plant like creatures ready to pounce on the children. The teacher had already prepared for this situation though and she had quickly covered the children's escape through a secret escape slide that would lead them to safety. She then used the last of her strength to push an alarm that echoed throughout the entire tower of Babylon. Through out every room, shop, hallway, and floor all would know that monster's have breached the Beltline. Even the people in the streets would hear this phenomenon. 

???: Things are proceeding according to plan?
???: Aye, you betta be right about this sis. I ain't got time to be dealing with these humans.
???: Anywho, yes these things are going smoothly. We just started and the invasion force seems to be working out fine
???: Yeah this was smart, attacking humans while they mount up and prepare to climb the Tower. Seriously I knew I was the smartest one but come on girls think about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah Croodir. Floor 60

Noah looked at the two people and noticed how they were some interesting characters. Ummm I'm just going to decline that whole card thing you got going there sir. I'm pretty much fine with my deck the way it is. Odd time to be asking anyway, but I guess business is business. Speaking of which...I don't know what job this is you speak of, but I am interested in climbing the Tower so if you are paying for assistance count my friend and I here among the ranks. Toruga nodded and had a smile on his face. My name is Seven and my little friend here is Toruga the Terradragon. I think we can be of assistance. Noah smiled as the decision to give his nickname was one made out of caution. He didn't want his name as a transporter to somehow hinder this mission. This was probably the best option. 

Not long after that Everyone would hear and see the red alert that filled the Tower. Toruga's eyes widened in disbelief. This was certainly not good. Was this the work of that terrorist from before? What could actually be going on? Unfortunately there was not any time for him to process any information. It seems as if the rapid growth of trees spread like a plague and began to quickly encroach Baseline. In a matter of seconds it somehow already made its way to floor 60 and with it came the plant based monsters. Soon Noah, Neraline, Ikaruga, and their Avatars found themselves surrounded by two varying types of plant like creatures. "Crap! Did anyone see this coming?" Noah jumped immediately into action and two of the lions jumped at him. Noah stomped on the ground and a spire of stone shot up from beneath the lion and pinned it to the ceiling. The second lion was confident in how it might have landed on its pray but with a flick of his wrist Noah simply pulled a chunk of cement out of the wall and smacked it into the lion, which knocked it over the edge all the way down to the first floor. It clearly was not going to survive the impact. Noah was proud of taking out two creatures, but it seemed like there were plenty left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knelli Muhammed: Baseline Street Level. 

It seemed as if Kounane did not notice Knelli which was actually perfect. Things were finally looking up. Now the only thing that was left to do now was to gather a sizable force to lead a full out assault on the Tower itself. Unfortunately things would not go so smoothly. Someone sounded the alarm. This was no joking matter. Not even the most unruliest of gangs joked when it came to sounding the alarm. This meant that monsters are actually attacking the Baseline. But why would they make such an aggressive move after so much inactivity. That didn't matter now though. As a Babylonian it wouldn't take much for him to go in and contain the situation at its best. Knelli ran past as many people as he could trying to make his way through the panic. This was getting excessive. People were already tense thanks to his own acts of terrorism, this just turned a wildfire into an inferno. He made his way into the tower and he could see the massive growth that was spreading at a very intense pace. He calculated that there was something odd about the growth. It must need time to spread with such speed. So far the growth seemed to be dormant for now, but no telling when it would strike again. 

This was definitely not planned he thought internally as he now desperately needed some kind of reinforcements if he was going to take on these creatures while still trying to maintain  his cover. Events like this could easily be some kind of setup  for a capture plot by Knaomme. Meaning once again he would have to tread lightly.

Tetsuya was shocked at the sound of the alarm, he was merely watching a duel when in a matter of moments monsters had already started to breach the beltline. "It is morning, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. There will be more shadows on the west side of the buildings, that is where my powers will work best." Tetsuya said to himself thoughtfully, already expecting monsters to approach any second.

"There are strength in numbers, perhaps we should stay with these two duellists. One of them does have a dragon afterall" Prometheus appeared from the shadowy void within the alleyway. "We don't know what we are up against, for now you should try to stay alive, I am going to find out what these monsters are." With that Prometheus returned to the darkness to watch for approaching monsters.

Tetsuya was left alone. He decided to approach the duellists, although lacking of social experience he remained calm and walked hastily towards them.

Entrance to the Tower of Babel

The attack nearly hit the defenseless Corrupted Urnight before a great commotion caught the attention of both he and Maximus.

"It would appear your anticipations were correct, Kounanne. Girl! This duel cannot continue. It was merely a way to keep you from the tower anyway, and it succeeded. Now look!"

The time approaches. At least this will keep them from going to Babylon, for a time. the duel monsters faded away as Kounanne's Dueldisk unwrapped itself back into its spherical form, which shared a striking resemblance to the Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru, now.

He began to walk back into the tower, Maximus behind him, but a young man was approaching him from behind. Kounanne stopped and turned to him, looking indifferently but appearing to be questioning the character's intrigue in him.

Tower Entrance --> Beltline, Floor 1

"Yeah, this duel's starting to get boring," said a bored Magician, just as the girl seemed to be attacking for game, "Let's just get into the tower,"

"W-... wait! I'm not even...!" but it was too late for Erika to say much in response. She and The Magician had already vanished from their previous location, only to reappear right at the doorstep of The Tower of Babel. Erika was still quivering at the sight of the tower, still wondering if she could make it inside alive.

"I don't know about this," Erika murmured, "Maybe we should turn back... at least just to get a few others to go with."

"Chillax, will ya? We'll be fine." The Magician said in a reassuring tone, "All we need is to execute the right plan to perfection and we can accomplish anything. Now let's go."

With that, they entered the tower and proceeded forward in an effort to locate the first stairwell of many. Neither of them felt at ease, however; Erika was still nervous as hell, and The Magician noted that something was amiss. But as far as the lack of incidents were concerned... so far so good.

Midgard, Floor 120

Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for Col. Robinson. She hardly had a chance to move more than a few feet when she was interrupted again... this time by a legit threat. Turned out someone was trying to sneak up on her, deciding not to allow her voice to be heard until she was right behind the trained.

"You're supposed to talk face to face with someone, not face to back of the head," with that said, Col. Robinson suddenly whipped round, only to point her ZF-1 assault rifle straight at the intruding woman's temple, "And for that matter, why does everyone have a boner for being up my arse? Ya all find it that pretty or something?"

Col. Robinson soullessly glared at this woman for quite some now, until all of a sudden, she decided that... no, pointing a gun to her head wasn't enough. With the hand that would otherwise have kept the rifle steady, Col. Robinson pinned the woman down via holding her heck against the wall.

"Also, for your information, I know exactly where I'm going," spat Col. Robinson, "I'm here to climb the tower like everyone else. And if you of all people think you can stop me, then I might as well put a bullet into your head and move on up from this god forsaken place already."

Though she couldn't help but wonder where the hell her reinforcements were. 

[u]Baseline: Tower entrance[/u]

[b]"Huh?"[/b]

Aiya looked up when she heard the alarm, her eyes widening slightly as she realized what it could mean. She returned her attention to her opponent and his dragon as they prematurely ended the duel and all the holograms faded from view, all except for Luna who remained standing where she was. For once Aiya didn't complain or question her opponent's actions and simply turned to leave, that is before Luna grabbed her by the shoulder.

[b]"And what are you doing?"[/b] She asked, glaring at Aiya.

[b]"I'm going home,"[/b] Aiya replied [b]"I have to make sure my mum's safe, you heard that alarm!"[/b]

[b]"She'll be fine,"[/b] Luna growled [b]"Are you dumb? The nerd and his lap dog are out of our way now, we can go straight up!"[/b]

[b]"Y-yeah but,"[/b]

[b]"Look, if it's monsters you're afraid of I can get us past them easily,"[/b] Luna replied [b]"You just have to trust me."[/b]

Aiya frowned, staring around in distress for a moment before she spotted somebody walking towards them. She stared back, looking a little confused.

[b]"Uh... Can... Can I help you?"[/b] She asked, staring at the stranger.

Luna stared as well, her usual sour expression replaced by something that might be interest.

-Baseline, floor 60-

"Seven, huh?" Ikaruga said. He was a bit upset that he couldn't get a customer out of the other person. That name didn't sound like an actual name, though. I mean, who names their kid Seven? The avatar was familar though. He had some terradragon cards in his stock a while ago.

A little bit later, the red alert went off. "Nani?" Ikaruga exclaimed. The Chamberlain clenched his sword in anticipation of what's to come. The red alert alarm did not go off for no reason, and it doing so meant dire results to the people in the tower. Before the group knew it, a siege of trees, plants, and duel monsters surrounded the group.

Ikaruga and the Chamberlain looked at each other, nodded, then drew their swords. Several Botannical Lions pounced, as well as some Killer Bees dive bombing the two as well. With a quick step and a swish of their swords, however, the duel monsters were cut into two and fell on the ground, twitching but not moving.

More monsters kept coming, as the group met them with equal ferocity, striking them down left and right, only for more to take their place. These monsters were pretty weak, though, being around level 4 or lower.

Tower Entrance

Tetsuya gave a quick, respectful bow at the Aiya and Kounanne. "My name is Tetsuya, but you can call me Tetsu for short. Your going in the tower correct? Mind if I join you?" He tried his best to ease himself, he wasn't used to talking to anyone except his avatar. "My avatar will be back shortly, with the alarm sounded monsters are bound to be running rampart and it is better to climb in numbers. I have supplies that I would be willing to share." He added persuasively.

Choosing not to reveal himself Prometheus spoke to Tetsuya. "The Monsters have already spread far past the beltline. A sort of plant is... Growing towards you." Prometheus proceeded to warn him "And with it a swarm of others."

Entrance to the Tower or Babel

"We are going into the tower to stop everyone else from going in. Because this girl attacked Kounanne, we had to delay our attempts to do so." Maximus snarled at Aiya, though he was speaking to Tetsu.

Why would you want to go into the tower now? Surely you live here; your home is under attack. Kounanne was confused by Tetsu's eagerness to enter the tower and friendliness towards him. Did he not know who Kounanne was? His questioning was apparent on his face, his eyes rolling up to analyze his observations, and mouth twisting with thought.

"Besides, this attack should be far more of a priority for you. After all, something is crawling behind you." Maximus began to flap his massive silvery wings, creating a torrential gust of wind which pushed Testu and Aiya back some, before flying behind them to smash the plant, but to little avail as more grew nearby.

Maximus! Kounanne appeared enraged by his Avatar's attempt to protect him! He lifted his arms parallel to the ground and from the dust rose two creatures resembling his own Koa'ki Meiru Sandman monster. They pushed past the two others and in front of Maximus, attacking the plants and hurling clumps of sand at the roots to bury them.

[u]Baseline: Tower Entrance[/u]

Aiya blinked and stared at the man, Tetsuya, not entirely sure if she should even be trusting him, let alone climbing the tower with him.

[b]"Oh, well, nice to meet you then,"[/b] She replied, figuring she should at least be polite [b]"M-my name's Aiya."[/b]

[i]It might be better to go up with a group,[/i] Aiya thought [i]So, if he's willing to help me then I suppose it shouldn't be such a bad thing to-[/i]

Her thoughts were cut off when the dragon spoke again. [b]"How many more times do I have to tell you, [i]I[/i] didn't attack you, she did!"[/b] Aiya pointed to Luna [b]"And I didn't tell her to do it either, she just acted by herself and ignored me. All I've been trying to do is aplogize for what she-"[/b] Again Aiya was cut off as a gust of wind blew her backwards [b]"H-hey, what-"[/b] Her eyes widened as she surveyed the scene before her, plant creatures bursting from the ground and inside the tower [b]"wh-what!?"[/b]

[b]"That'll be what the alarm was for,"[/b] Luna said, grabbing Aiya by the arm and pulling her to her feet [b]"Come on, nows our chance!"[/b]

[b]"Huh, what're you...?"[/b]

Before Aiya finished her question Luna raised her staff, a pitch black aura spewing forth and covering the area in shadow. Luna rushed forwards, pulling Aiya along behind her and weaving between the blinded monsters or swinging her scythe to cut down anything that got in their way as she made her way through the entrance. Aiya, blinded by Luna's spell, had little choice but to try and keep up with her avatar.

[Baseline: Floor 60] Outside of Neraine's Office

"It seems like you now face a large amount of low level monsters," Granzon said, without making a move.  It sounded amused, and not worried about Neraine's safety at all.  Neraine herself knew that Granzon felt that this challenge would be simple for a woman of her abilities, so he did not make a move.  Neraine drew her sword, and just as one of the Botanical Lions lunged at her, she swung her sword downward with such force that the monster was torn asunder.

With one threat gone, Neraine took the time to survey the area to find out how much trouble the group had to deal with.  It seemed the creatures were coming from above, and making their way down, some of the monsters even ignored those fighting on the 60th floor to head to the lower levels.  With the situation as it was, Neraine was pleasantly surprised to find how well Ikaruga and Nero were handling themselves.  The two did leave a good impression on her.  And with things the way they are now, Neraine figured it was imperitive that she brougth the supplies to the base on the 113th floor.

"Granzon, go get the supplies.  Leave the white containers, they'll slow us down too much."  Neraine said, as she moved towards Ikaruga and Nero.

"Understood," Granzon replied, before vanishing into a wormhole.  While Granzon would not fight for Neraine in these situations, it was perfectly fine with being used to errands such as this. 

"As for you two," Neraine said once both Nero and Ikaruga could hear.  "Congratulations.  You're both hired."  After she said this, she jumped high into the air to evade a Lord Poison that had crept too close for comfort.  Neraine sheathed her sword and dropped back down aided by a strong gravitational force, killing the monster with lethal crushing damage.

"Our job is to get the supplies we have here to the [acronym='Supernatural Sciences Society "Triple S"']SSS[/acronym] base up on floor 113.  We'll have to pass the beltline, but once we get there we can figure out what's going on and try to stop it," Neraine said, unsheathing her sword again.  "Once Granzon gets back, I'll need your help carrying the cases up there."

[hr]Tower of Babel, Near the Entrance[hr]

“And…. I guess you are ready.”

Licea went out of a clothing store, and beside her, a figure dressed in a brown suit and fedora walked. Not really walked, floating would be more true to its movement type. The figure could be seen as quite human-like, until someone looked closely to its face, which is not humane at all.

Licea calmly walked into the entrance of the tower, and she realized that several people were gathering there. Curious, she decided to go there and introduce herself to them.

“Greetings to you all. My name is Licea, the dollmaker of Detroit. Do any of you planned on going to the tower?”

[hr]Tower of Babel, floor 59[hr]

Elaic was having a quite easy time dealing with overgrowth, as his avatar was able to blast them from afar, while he cleaned up the rest with his dinosaur form. But, after blasting another wave of dandelion lions, Elaic realized that the creatures still keep coming at him; and seemingly unhindered even after hundreds of them perished in his attacks.

“Tch, this is quite annoying. I guess I should find a better position before they managed to overwhelm me here.”

And thus, he decided to retreat to the next floor. He surveyed the area to find a good position for him, when suddenly he noticed several people (And a giant robot) were fighting some monsters while seemingly taking care of some crates. Curious, Elaic changed into his dinosaur form and blitzed into their position, while his avatar keeping the way clear of monsters for him.

“So, do  you guys need help?”

-Baseline, floor 60-

"So we're just moving supplies to the upper floors?" Ikaruga said as he heard the job description. "Sounds simple enough." He then sliced a large Darkworld Thorns head in two. The group fought vigorously for a few more moments, before the giant robot returned. Whether the robot was carrying something or not, he wasn't sure, as the swarm of monsters were not slowing down in the slightest.

"If this keeps up, we won't be able to move forward, especially when transporting goods," said the Chamberlain. Another slash came from the avatar, and another insect fell. "They're simply numerous in amount."

Suddenly, a sorta-dinosaur trampled some small insect and plant monsters, and asked if it could help. He thought it was a dinosaur mixed with a person. Several shots were being fired at the monsters from afar.

"Umm...," Ikaruga thought, cleaving through foes left and right. "Well, you'll have to ask her," Ikaruga said, pointing to Neraine. Another cut, and another monster fallen. This was starting to get annoying.

Tetsuya was blown back by the gust created by Maximus and was immediately alerted to the presence of the plant monsters. "Here already?" Tetsuya thought. Before he could get to his feet a swarm of man eating plants charged towards him, leading them was a Monstrous Abomination that continued to grow in size. One of the plants shot a volley of thorns at Tetsuya who shielded himself helplessly at the barrage. "My powers are useless in broad daylight!" Tetsuya uttered spitefully.

Just as he thought all was lost he saw Aiya and her avatar make a run for it, creating a dark aura to shield their escape. Realising that none of the thorns had struck him he looked up to see his avatar. "Get up, if we don't take our chance to get in the tower we will never reach Babylon." Prometheus said, lifting his master off the ground. Just then he noticed someone walk over to him, not noticing the swarm of plants.

Streets of Detroit

Kris helped Hiro up, apologizing for knocking him down, but also reassuring that it had all been done to help him out. After making sure that Hiro was okay, he turned to the motorcyclist, a red headed woman, who had squealed to a stop after noticing that she almost run down two civilians. "What the Hell?" Kris exclaimed. The woman adopted a slightly troubled expression, and Kris immediately regretted acting so explosively. "Um...I mean...well you know..." "Wait? Are you apologizing to me? No, no, you are right I should have been watching where I was going. I am so sorry." She said to both Hiro and Kris, slightly amused by Kris' apologetic manner. "Listen, I really am sorry, but I gotta go. Got a tower to climb and what not."

"You're not seriously going up the tower are you?" Kris said, stopping the girl in her tracks as she tried to make her way to the bike. Kris couldn't let this girl go to the tower. Despite her 'places to go, things to do' attitude, Kris could obviously see the inexperience in her face that masked itself as worry in those new to Detroit. "Look guy, if you want money for almost running you over, I don't got any. So, like I said, I'm sorry, but I gotta go." Anna tried to push pass Kris, but he stopped her again. "It's suicide."

"Look, I'll be fine. I'll hire some protection or something. Why do you care anyway?" Kris just rolled his eyes. Did she not understand just how dangerous the tower was? Kris opened his mouth to talk, but before he could, there was a rumbling beneath him and his senses instantly went on alert. A moment later Jain appeared by his side. The red headed girl was obviously surprised by Kris' Avatar's appearance, but she quickly brushed away her surprise and confusion. "You okay guy? And who is this?" Kris ignored her and turned his attention to Jain. "What is it?" "The monsters have broken through. They are almost here." Almost as soon as he said that, Kris heard the sound of breaking concrete and noticed that interesting spider web of cracks and tears in the ground was making its way for the small group that stood together in the street. "I think they have arrived." 

Erupting out of the ground, several vines and leaves gave rise to the snapping faces of a variety of vicious looking plant-like monsters"This is insane...unbelievable..." Kris muttered, refusing to believe what he saw. Now that the monsters had come he realized how dumb he was. He had been so caught up in the action that he hadn't heard the alarm. The alarm that everyone was supposed to listen for. The alarm that gave warned of apocalypse. "Snap out of it. We've got a fight on our hands." Jain said, drawing his sword and taking a defensive stance. 

Midgard - Floor 120

Lilleeanna still kept that same smirk even as Col. Robinson pushed her up against the wall by her neck, in fact all she did arch and eyebrow once the woman was done speaking.

"Really, I thought you humans were smarter than this," Lilleeanna made no move to try and escape, nor did she seem uncomfortable at all, as if the woman pressing a hand to her throat was only a minor inconvenience,"Belial if you please." Even as she said the evil angel was already revealing itself stepping from the shadows wings outstretched, and a small fireball in hand.

"Now little human I give you two choices -release me, or -Belial will burn you to death and destroy any chance you have of salvation after death." Lilleeanna looked down confidently even if the women wasn't religious at all, certainly she wouldn't want to be burned to death, even if she did refuse to release her Lilleeanna would just shred her to pieces. 

"You'll have to ask her."

Neraine turned around when she heard Ikaruga speak, and from the sound of things he was speaking to another potential 'employee'.  When she saw Eliac,  Neraine almost moved to slay the half-dinosaur on instinct, only stopping due to Granzon warping back with all the containers.

"I see you have found another to assist in the transport," Granzon said.  On the floor was a bunch of metal cases of various sizes, each with a handle and a colored stripe.  The red ones held weaponry, and the blue ones held research equipment (and Duel Monsters cards), and the green ones had rations.  The white ones, which were left behind, held miscellaneous things like clothes and the like; things considered non-essential.  This was the first time Neraine had to leave them behind.

Granzon picked up the lion's share of the containers, which it could afford to do thanks to its power and to the fact that it wasn't going to do any actual fighting.  Only a few containers remained, which could easily be carried by the humans.  Neraine picked up the largest one, a red-striped one that had straps so it could be worn as a backpack.  Her speed would be hampered for a bit, at least until Neraine's able to sync with it, but she just had to make do.

"The containers are here!  Let's go!"  She yelled out, then she turned her attention to Elaic, the were-dinosaur.  "If you want to help, grab one of the containers there and start climbing the tower.  We need to get to floor 113 so we can figure out where these plants are coming from!"

"My Lady, I am ready," Granzon said, as it started to float.  "And protect Granzon as we climb!" Neraine yelled out.  "It's got most of the supplies!"  With the commands given, Neraine made her way to the nearest stairwell, expecting the others to follow her lead.

-Baseline, floor 60-

"Gotcha!" exclaimed Ikaruga after Neraine briefed them on what they were supposed to do. There were several bags on the ground, colored red, blue, and green, each with varying sizes. Sheathing their swords, Ikaruga and the Chamberlain took two bags each, two red ones and two green ones. These bags were similar to suitcases, so they had handles to grab on to. Ikaruga also took a small blue one and had the handle between his teeth. Several monsters rushed them, but were quickly dealt with by using some well-timed kicks. Ikaruga looked at his avatar, who nodded in return. Nodding in reply, the duo leapt and jumped all over the monsters, using their bodies as stepping stools as they followed Granzon.

As they continued upwards, the monsters seem to be attacking the group in fewer numbers, often being ran over or ignored. Swift progress was being made as floors were being ascended.

Baseline Floor 60

It was interesting that the situation now actually caused for him to use his transporter like duties again. It was oddly more fortuitous though with the arrival of another serious strong party member. The two swordsmen did a pretty good job of weed wacking there way past the relative group, but these guys didn't seem to have unlimited energy. At the rate they have been cutting they would likely tire out before the group made it through the Beltline. In addition to that Noah didn't really like this whole make sure the giant massive robot was able to carry supplies business was efficient. Well at least not when Toruga's abilities were something available to the team. Noah grabbed one of the supply bags himself as he shot a couple more boulders with at some plant creatures. But that was simply a distraction because if the top was where they were going then the top was where they had to be. 

"Alright Toruga let's make it easier for everyone!" The little dragon let out the cutest and most innocent roar but its effects were very serious. The normal metal and steel that surround the storefronts and offices of he 60th floor seemed to be changed to stone. It was then that Noah and Toruga bent their newly formed Earth into two shapes. The first was a ball that encompassed the group. Then when was firm and closed Torgua and Noah used their combined strength to shoot the group up some floors. Of course this wasn't the most comfortable situation. Noah never performed this move on more than him and his avatar and never were other people this "dense." However his strategy did work in the sense that they were able to skip twenty floors uninterrupted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baseline Streets of Detroit

Knelli had to act fast. The longer this plant thing would go on the longer people would hesitate to climb the tower. In fact the plant people are actually attempting to kill those who are trying to climb the tower. This was all around fast. Goyusha was busy slashing away random plant fodder that dared to come towards him. While his appearance changed his actual power didn't. This allowed Knelli to think of a plan undisturbed. Knelli then had a second of clarity and he came up with an oddly creative plan. First he would actually have to find out what was going on. Knelli pulled off his glove revealing a small wristband. With one click Knelli found himself in the entire network of the Baseline. This sew-up was pretty nice considered none of these people were Babylonians. Nevertheless he found the connections to all of the camera's on floor 100. It was weird though someone just turned the whole system off. There are too many checks and balances for anyone in the Baseline to pull something like this off. This was simply strange. Nevertheless since the only problem was that the system was turned off it was a simple procedure to turn the system on. Knelli merely thought and everything was back to normal. But that didn't stop the plant barrage. With all the cameras at his disposable he was able to see what was going on. What he saw was odd, but there was no need to try to understand the only important part was the attempts to get everyone motivated.

Goyusha...Get ready. You're about to go on stage again!

Goyusha had just finished slashing these odd cactus creatures when he heard Knelli's announcement. The two ran behind a random kiosk as people were panicking in the streets. Weirdly enough radio silence happened again and just like before the massive villainous voice hit the airwaves.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Look at what your cowardice has brought you!
 Did you think my words were in jest before? 
Did I not say the world will stop at your indifference?

Now your fear has brought the world of monsters to your doorstep.
You all will return back to Earth from whence you came.
But if you still want the audacity of hope I shall show pity on you.
On the 100th floor there are five guardians who control this plant army.
Defeat the majority of them and I will advance you to the Beltline no matter what floor you are on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With that the sound went back to normal. Well as normal as everything gets is when plant and insect monsters are attacking the populous. However it seemed that everyone who had some kind of device with a monitor on it received a map with the round floor layout of the 100 floor. It seemed that there were 5 highlighted areas. Which looked to be five abandoned shops. An ice cream shop, a spa, a flower store, a shop totally dedicated to Valentine's day, and what was going to be a doll shop. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baseline Floor 87

Noah and the group managed to get the 87th in reasonably one piece. Granted he was a bit shaken up about the whole experience it was a lot more taxing than he initially expected, but he was still able to hear about the 5 places scenario. "So boss lady, which path should we choose?"

Baseline - Floor 10

Both Aiya and Luna had managed to run up a good few floors after escaping from the entrance, only having met small groups of very low level plant monsters on the way up. Unfortunately their way up was now blocked by a pile of rubble caused by some of the creatures destroying the area around them and they were forced to search for another route upwards, once they were out in the open again more monsters were in their way, growing more powerful as they went on. Luna was spending practically the entire journey shielding Aiya from the monsters as they engaged a Cactus Fighter and a Bean Soldier. Luna fired several volleys at both monsters, driving them back slightly but not defeating them, she turned her attention to the Cactus Fighter, summoning her scythe to cut it down, before Luna could reach it the Bean Soldier flanked her from the side, giving Luna barely enough time to raise her own magical shield to block the monster’s blade. The distraction proved more than enough however as she was then met with a heavy punch from the other creature, knocking her to the ground and dispelling her shield.

“Luna, are you okay?” Aiya asked.

“Never better,” Luna grunted, getting to her feet and ignoring the angry red scrape across her face.

Aiya looked doubtful but kept her mouth shut as Luna charged into battle again, trading a few blows with the Bean Soldier before she was forced to retreat by the Cactus Fighter, sending a volley of projectiles at both to cover her escape. Aiya was too pre-occupied watching the fight and paid no attention to anything else, allowing something else to sneak up behind her. Aiya’s first warning was the shifting of rubble before a low growl forced her to turn around, finding herself face to face with a Mystic Tomato. She let out a loud scream of fear, catching Luna’s attention; she turned to see what was wrong, her eyes growing wide as she saw the threat. The creature lunged, letting out a ghastly sound as it opened its wide mouth to bite down on Aiya. In panic Aiya raised both hands over her head, a bright white magic shield blossoming in front of her and stopping the creature in its tracks. Without wasting a second Luna send a massive barrage of spells towards the creature, each one steering around Aiya and striking the creature from practically every angle, the Mystic Tomato let out a scream of pain as the magic laced through its body and it dropped to the floor dead.

Aiya looked around at her Avatar, still somewhat fearful: “Luna, behind you!”

Luna barely had time to turn about before she was hide by a wide slash from the Bean Soldier’s sword, following by a large punch from the Cactus Fighter.

“Luna!”

Aiya ran over to where her partner lay on the ground, badly hurt from the double attack. She looked up as both monsters closed in, raising both her hands and firing her own bright white spells at the creatures. The attacks served as little more than a distraction as both creatures were driven back by the barrage but mostly unharmed. By the time they recovered from the strike however both Aiya and Luna had vanished.

“I knew we shouldn’t have tried to do this,” Aiya moaned as she walking, holding Luna upright and half dragging her.

“C-Could’ve taken them,” Luna muttered “Not getting beaten by a pair of potted plants.”

“You’ve been fighting and expending too much energy,” Aiya replied “We need to find a place to rest and recover.”

She quickly found an open door, a corner shop it looked like, much of which seemed to have been destroyed by rampaging plants but there was plenty of space inside and it was well hidden. Aiya set Luna down carefully on the floor and knelt next to her, raising both hands and taking a deep breath. A magic circle covered the floor under Luna and it began to glow brightly, surrounding Luna with a glowing aura. Slowly her wounds began to heal themselves. She let out a small groan and looked back up at Aiya.

“It’s okay,” Aiya said calmly “Just lie still, I’ll be done in a moment.”

“This wouldn’t have happened if you just knew how to defend yourself,” Luna sighed.

“I… I’m sorry,” Aiya muttered.

Just then the radio came on, causing Aiya to jump at the sound. She looked up, still continuing her healing spell but focusing on the sound of the radio, hearing the same dark voice coming through it as before. A low frown covered her face as she listened, her confidence ebbing with each sentence. Once the announcement was finished she lowered her hands and heaved a slightly exhausted sigh, Luna sat up, gazing around the room and frowning.

“Should we go back?” Aiya asked.

“No way,” Luna replied, standing up and walking over to a display of phones “Look.”

Aiya followed her gaze, seeing that all the screens had lit up with a map of the 100th floor. She picked one up to examine it, staring at the five locations it highlighted.

“Does this mean… If we take those out the monsters will stop?” She asked.

“I assume so,” Luna replied “Come on, the sooner we leave the sooner we can reach the 100th floor.”

“W-wait!” Aiya said “Shouldn’t we rest first?”

“No time,” Luna replied “Now come on!”

Aiya let out a defeated groan and following Luna out of the shop, keeping the phone with her for directions.

[Floor 87]

"Everyone okay?" Neraine called back to the others upon reaching the 87th floor.  The area was already mostly covered with the monstrous plantlife, though the monsters seemed to ignore the group.  Granzon landed in the middle of the pack.

"I don't think it's wise for us to stop here," Granzon said,  Neraine just raised her hand to signal her avatar to wait a moment, for she was listening to a very interesting broadcast being sent through a radio from what used to be a storefront.

"Looks like there's more to this..." Neraine said.  She wasn't sure what to make of this.  Was someone trying to goad everyone on?  Neraine would like nothing more to just get these supplies to the base so that the others could solve the problem, but she had a feeling that if she didn't even investigate, there would be problems down the line.

"So boss lady, which path should we choose?" Noah asked, pulling Neraine back into the real world.

"We still need to reach the base, but if what that voice said was true, that will complicate things in the future."  Neraine said.  "This is a little out of the ordinary, but we should check out what's going on on floor 100.  If we keep going up we should end up nearby the spa, if it is the one I think it was talking about."  With that said, Neraine continued, heading towards the next flight of stairs up, wondering how she would explain this diversion to HQ.  Granzon levitated itself, and followed behind Neraine.  And if one was close enough, one would hear Granzon speaking to itself.

"So you're taking a detour, My Lady?  Interesting."

Midgard, Floor 120

"Who the bloody hell are ya calling little?!" Col. Robinson asked spitefully, "I'm bigger than you, ya prick!"

That was until she noticed that that... thing, was already starting to prepare for an attack. People seriously needed to stop trying to attack Col. Robinson from behind, as she was sick and tired of having enemies at her six o'clock position. But alas, knowing there was no better meat shield in the multiverse than the attacker's own master, Col. Robinson quickly turned around, and was now aiming her ZF-1 assault rifle over the Babylon woman's shoulder, her back to the wall.

"Just try me..." Col. Robinson told the avatar, in a tone of pure venom.

Baseline, Floor 10

Meanwhile, far below Midgard, Erika and The Magician continued to stealthy climb the tower, kicking the butts of any plant monsters that they came across. That was until they stopped short of climbing to the eleventh floor. The staircase that would've lead them to said floor was guarded by a couple of mean-ass insect creatures, each wielding a scimitar in one hand and a spiked buckler that bore what appear to be a face of some sort in the other. Needless to say, the mere presence of these monsters was enough to intimidate Erika. The Magician, on the other hand, was already starting to formulate a plan.

"...now if only we can separate them somehow," he wandered aloud, before turning to see a scared Erika, "Something wrong?"

"Aside from the fact that I don't know what I'm even doing here?" Erika asked nervously, "Well... I've never been fond of bugs. But those... things?"

"I know, they're big enough and ugly enough to scare people; but we can't just run away from everything," The Magician said, about to explain why when all of a sudden, the two monsters begun to stir into aggression, "We can definitely run now, though! Come on, let's GO!!"

Assassin's Creed OST: Chase Theme

In an instant, both of them took off in the opposing direction, with the two oversized bugs lifting their wings and giving pursuit. The Magician suddenly turned a corner the first chance he got in hopes of separating them, but as he found out the hard way, both of them continued to track down Erika.

"Piece of shit," he cursed, before realizing he had to take drastic action. He teleported onto the back of one of the pursuing creatures and seized the scimitar that it was wielding, before flipping back off and charging down the other direction. Pissed off by this, the insectoid monster turned around and chased him, and continued to do so until he purposefully turned into a dead end, only to teleport just in time to evade a charge that resulted into the creature getting its head stuck into the wall.

"Hah, perfect. It's over now, foul creature!" with that said, The Magician begun charging up his signature attack, "Haaa, kaaaa meeeee... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...!! Er, I mean um... PERSONA BLAST!!"

The Magician let forth a large ball of pure magic into the stuck creature, which seemed to promptly annihilate it. However, he was left panting as a result.

"OK, that's one Arsenal Bug down," The Magician said as he looked around, "Now where's this other one?"

Archived