Yu-Gi-Oh Tower of Babel Started/IC/Accepting/PG-13

Love of Ghibli

Tower of Babel

"Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel, breeeeze drifting on by, you know how I feel." Sang Knaomme as she was simply watching the sunrise over the city if Detroit and the Tower of Babel. Everything was oddly regular when it came life in the tower. People were going about doing there jobs. Gangs were being gangs, tormenting the weak and powerless and fighting with each other. Odd that humans considered themselves the top of the food chain yet they treat each other so gruesomely. Nevertheless everything was regular jut another day in the life. Knaomme was smiling because soon everything would change and this goal would actually be met.

"It's a new dawn it's a new day and I'm feeling goooooooodddd." She simply sang looking out from a random balcony somewhere in the top half of Midgard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High above the clouds seemingly looking down upon the young Detroit city acting as its guardian angel there was lone man flying a top some kind of machine. "Daiyusha, the sun is rising." This cloaked figure spoke as he was adjusting his breathing apparatus to talk comfortably at such altitudes. "Today is the day that everything changes and I can only hope it is for the better." The moment was silent and yet it did not stay that way for long. "JUSTICE!!!WE ARE MOVED BY THE CAUSE OF JUSTICE!! Our actions will appear as that of the villain, but when the day comes and we are tried for our crimes. Know that we stand on the side of the JUST!!" Daiyusha flew above the clouds boasting about justice as he understood what was about to happen this random Sunday morning in Detroit. The target was in sight...things were about to get started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GOOD MORNING DDDDDEEEETTTTTRIOOOOTTTT!! This is Dj Jazzy J hookin' you up with all of the morning tunes you've come to love! But first some news!" This was KLCL one of the most popular radio stations in the Detroit city and it blasted over the airwaves and resonated within most households of Detroit as background noises. "We all know that the UN summit is actually taking place in America after years and years of...blah blah blah boring stuff. Buuuttt they say that if you look up at 9:15 they say you can see one of the planes carrying important people flying over head. Oh look it's 9:15 now! EVERYONE LOOOK UP!"

All of Detroit (if they were listening) looked up as they would watch a dot in the sky soar through the clouds. "Ummmm wait minute! What's going on? it seems that the plane is headed towards....OH S**T that's the tower! The plane is headed for the tower!" Like that in mere seconds the plane carrying diplomats from all over the world just landed somewhere in the Tower of Babel.

All electronic devices in the Baseline seemed to shut off at the say time as if commanded by some other force. When they would come back on all would hear only a single voice. LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched as you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT!! You no longer cling to climbing the Tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the Tower, Then I shall stop the world till you do. Your leaders are now held in the legendary city of Babylon. Come, if you think yourself bold...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*taptaptap*

Neraine Evans typed into the terminal in her office on the 60th floor.  Looking around the room, Neraine could not help but feel that this room was but a shadow of its former glory.  She could remember that back when she started, all she wanted to do was to get money in order to pay tuition.  But as time went on, she developed a passion for cataloging all of the creatures that lived in the tower.  The bestiaries that one could find for sale throughout the tower were written by her boss, using data that Neraine and others gathered.  She was proud of that.  Then came the time to move upward.

Neraine wished to be up there with them, but she was needed here, to transfer supplies.  She had sent out advertising flyers throughout the tower looking for those who wish to climb, but she did not expect much of a turnout.  Currently the only other one here is her avatar, Granzon, who stood outside of the office to direct those looking for the job inside, and to chase away troublemakers.  Neraine sighed.  It was a low turnout last time, too; the group she took lost about a third of the supplies on the way up.  It may not have seemed too bad, but those materials are needed for research.

Neraine finished and sent her report, at which time the terminal turned off.  "Huh," she said to herself.  She stood up to fill out a paper form for a request for a new terminal, but the terminal suddenly came back to life.  Nothing appeared on the screen however, and the terminal started making some strange beeps, as if it was some code.  Afterwards, the machine restarted again, and resumed normal operation.

Neraine flipped over the form she had in her hand and began fervently scribbling down notes about what she heard.  "Something new... something new at last!"  When she was done, she slowed her pace and took a deep breath, folding the piece of paper up and placing it in her bag.  She stood up and walked outside, standing next to Granzon, who stood motionless.

"No one has come here for the job yet, my lady." it said.  Neraine's avatar Granzon spoke as if it was speaking through a filter, with a not-quite synthesized voice.  It definitely had a masculine voice, however.

Neraine shook her head at the news.  "Looks like we may actually get zero people this time..."

Kris leaned back against a dirty brick wall. The wall had once belonged to a bakery, but it had long since gone out of business and was now used instead by rats for nesting. He whistled softly, listening to the radio. Like most of the citizens of Detroit, Kris had tuned into KLCL and was waiting for the latest update. Kris chuckled to himself, realizing his actions. He was actually tuning into that airhead Jazzy J for the news. Normally, Kris wouldn't have even bothered, but today was different. The UN was to be meeting, and like every UN meeting after the construction of the Tower, the idea of trying to destroy it/climb would be brought up. It wasn't like Kris was expecting them to actually make a decision on things, but the tiniest bit of his hope rested on the last 1% chance that they would so he had tuned in. 

The music that had previously been playing ended, allowing for a soft crackle to come over the radio waves as the DJ, Jazzy J, took the air. "GOOD MORNING DDDDDEEEETTTTTRIOOOOTTTT!! This is Dj Jazzy J hookin' you up with all of the morning tunes you've come to love! But first some news!" The sudden exclamation by Jazzy J made Kris jump, causing him to drop the knife he had in his hand that he had been using to pick the dirt out from under his nails. "Dammit..." Kris muttered, picking up the knife. He then returned his attention to the radio.

"...if you look up at 9:15 they say you can see one of the planes carrying important people flying over head. Oh look it's 9:15 now! EVERYONE LOOOK UP!" Kris almost unconsciously craned his head upward to see the dot in the sky that was the plane. As he watched, he felt a sensation come over him. It wasn't a big change, but one that he had learned to pay attention to it. It was a feeling of security, no matter how small, that came around whenever Jain appeared. "So that is what all our hopes rely on?" The usually quiet Jain asked Kris, looking up at the plane as well. "Well, I don't know about hopes, but yeah, our fate rests in their hands. But they will undoubtedly come to a standstill and-" Kris was cut off as a feeling of despair swept through the area, causing Kris to pause. "You felt it too?" Jain asked, placing his armored hand on the hilt of his sword. Kris simply nodded, continuing to keep a watchful eye on the plane. Something was amiss. 

"Ummmm wait minute! What's going on? it seems that the plane is headed towards....OH S**T that's the tower! The plane is headed for the tower!" The oh, so elegant words of Jazzy J captioned the moment very well. What was that plane doing? For a moment, Kris wondered if it would crash into the tower, just like the first airplanes after the construction of the tower. But, no, that didn't seem to be what was happening. Instead, the plane seemed almost to land in the tower as if it had been pulled inside. "What the Hell?" Kris wondered aloud. His head whipped around to the radio, waiting for it to make some sort of announcement, but it seemed as if the radio's battery's had run out or something. Kris shot a frustrated kick at the faulty device and rushed out of the alleyway. Jain looked after his friend, rolling his eyes at the boy's impatience, but followed him none the less.

After he had left the alleyway, Jain spotted Kris rushing towards a nearby pay phone. The boy thrust a few quarters into it, but after he put it up to his ear he let out a loud exclamation. "DAMMIT!" "Kris, calm yourself." "Power is out. We have no idea what is going on." "The best thing we can do is wait." And so the two did. They waited and eventually they heard the radio back in the alley sputtering back to life. Just as they were entering the alley a voice came over the radio, but it definitely wasn't Jazzy J.

"LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched as you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT!! You no longer cling to climbing the Tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the Tower, Then I shall stop the world till you do. Your leaders are now held in the legendary city of Babylon. Come, if you think yourself bold..." The voice sent a chill down Kris' spine. "Well, we always knew that something like this might happen." Kris said, looking up to the tall warrior that stood by his side. Jain only nodded. The two were long past talking about what the Tower could mean for humanity. 

For most the Tower of Detroit, or rather the Tower of Babylon as it had come to be known, was just a spark of interest, perhaps fear. But for those that had actually gone up and into it, like Kris and Jain had on several occasions, they knew that there was something about the tower that didn't just create monstrous creatures and give people powers. The Tower was home to something else. The city of Babylon. The Babylonians. They were a mystery, and yet one thing was painfully clear. They were powerful. More powerful than Kris, or Jain, could ever hope of being. And because of that, they were a threat. "So what do we do?" "We wait. People are bound to answer the call. We have to be there when they need a guide." "We could go on the supply trip." "No not yet. Let's wait for those fool hardy first timers to fill the bellies of the monsters and maybe thin their ranks. Looks like our time to go above the Baseline is drawing near."

[hr]

Anna was snoozing, somewhat loudly, when her phone began to ring. Shaken awake by the passenger on the bus next to her, she apologized for drooling on his shoulder and quickly answered the phone. "Hello?" She said, her voice somewhat groggy. She checked her watch. Anna had been on the train for about 4 hours now, and had used that time to catch up on some much needed sleep. "Have you seen the news?" The voice on the other end of the phone asked. Anna recognized the voice as her administrator back at Daily Global in D.C. "Sorry sir. What was that?" She asked, her voice taking on a much more respectful tone. "The God damned news! You're a journalist! You should be calling me about this for Christ's sake!" Anna held the phone away from her ear as her boss yelled at her. In response, she made quite a few nasty faces at the phone before answering. 

"Sorry, sir. But I am on the bus to Detroit. You sent me here, remember." "Of course I remember. That's why I'm calling. The plane full of UN officials was kidnapped by someone, or something in the tower. Now, I suggest you get to the bottom of this. It's a story of lifetime, kid. And you're right in the middle of it. Now, I gotta go, calls are coming in like crazy. Don't screw anything up!" The phone line went dead. Anna closed her phone, her face an obvious representation of disbelief. An entire plane of powerful leaders had disappeared into the tower. The tower that had been responsible for numerous deaths and countless disappearances. The tower that was full of vicious monsters that could rip a grown man to pieces in seconds. They were all in terrible danger.

"YES!" Anna shouted, jumping into the air and pumping her fists. "Detroit, here I come!"

“I’m leaving now, goodbye mum!” Aiya called as she hastily strapped her boots on and left her house to go to work.

She heaved a loud yawn, getting up so early was not something she enjoyed but she had to be at work by 9:00 and while her boss was a nice enough guy, he wouldn’t really take kindly to her being late especially since the store was starting to slowly lose income. The walk wasn’t a particularly long one which suited Aiya fine; it meant she could take her time and not rush. Today didn’t seem any different from normal so she walked at a leisurely pace, taking in her surroundings. As she walked her eyes caught sight of something pinned to a wall, closer inspection revealed it to be a flyer, advertising a job to join part of a group climbing the tower. Aiya took the flyer from the wall, staring at it and biting her lip. Her father had disappeared just a few days ago, apparently attempting to climb up the tower by himself. As much as Aiya wanted to go after him though, she couldn’t bring herself to leave her mother alone just after she’d already lost her husband. Aiya heaved a sigh and shoved the flyer into her bag.

“Hey candy hair, you’re gonna be late,”

Aiya gave a start and turned about, finding a younger girl with teal pigtails, deep blue eyes with black eyeballs and a black, gothic costume staring at her with her eyes folded.

“L-Luna, don’t sneak up on me!” Aiya complained, giving her Avatar an accusatory look.

“Don’t space out in the middle of the street,” Luna replied.

Aiya shot Luna another look and turned about, carrying on her way. She opened her mouth and turned about to say something else to Luna, only to find that she’d vanished. Aiya sighed, muttering under her breath and wishing Luna would stop doing that.

She arrived at work on time; her boss was a slightly overweight man with curly black hair and a somewhat calm and friendly demeanour. He always had a large red rat riding around on his shoulder that looked like part of it was made of some sort of partly molten rock, though it at least meant the shop was always warm. Aiya had just started work sorting out some items on the shelves when she overheard the radio that sat on the counter, she had learned to tune it out since it never had anything that interested her, just meaningless babble about stuff she didn’t care about. As she was working however the radio suddenly went dead along with the lights.

“what the…?” Her boss looked up from the counter “Power cut?”

His little rat squeaked as the radio came on again, a different voice than the radio announcer’s. Both Aiya and her boss (and presumably anybody else who happened to be there at the time) froze to listen, their attention suddenly on the radio. Once the message ended silence filled the room for a good few minutes.

LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched as you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT!! You no longer cling to climbing the Tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the Tower, Then I shall stop the world till you do. Your leaders are now held in the legendary city of Babylon. Come, if you think yourself bold...

Well...what a way to wake up... Hiro thought, as he rolled out of bed, quickly getting up and getting dressed. It wasn't really normal for the young Sendou to want to sleep in till 9:15...but with Goblin Squad's Cards being usually closed till 10:00 AM anyway, it made sense. Though now he had to deal with this sort of wake up call...speaking of wake up calls...

"Alius! We gotta get going!" Hiro yelled, as he looked in the mirror to fix himself up, immediately seeing the figure of his avatar: Elemental HERO Neos Alius.

Jeez...couldn't have let me sleep in...could ya? Alius asked, as he floated behind Hiro, the duo walking out to head off to Goblin Squad's Cards.

"As much as I would love to do that, Alius...we gotta do something to keep ourselves sane. And from that lil message from who knows what...things will just keep getting crazier." Hiro said, as they walked (and floated) down the street.

The Baseline...it wasn't one that was very great...but still, it was all that Hiro ever knew, him and his Avatar both. And to be frank, it was alright with them. They finally arrived at the old card shop, as they walked in to see the manager, as he began to quickly get to work, seeing a few kids walking in after him. There's three less than we were running yesterday...and about five less than we've had in weeks. Hiro thought, as he sighed a bit. This keeps up...the shop might just go belly-up.

Kounanne shrugged, as if to ask a question.

"It seems as one would expect from a catastrophe everyone saw happen, but that no one can see." spoke the behemoth of a dragon. Kounanne was looking down upon the nearly invisible ground from his perch. They will want to come up. They'll ignore the dangers. They'll ignore the rules. My rules. They will want to come up, and this I cannot allow.

He was looking down, down the snaking structure to the city, decrepit as it may be, below. Now he looked up, though not very far before he could see no higher.

"Down would be more interesting, Kounanne." The man looked at his Avatar. He looked at him with an appreciation and a guilt. It was, after all, his own fault the creature was so longing to venture down. It is not safe for you, Maximus. It is not safe for anyone anymore. But I must defend you. Because no one else can, no matter who many would try.

He looked upward again, then back down, before retreating back into the tower to prepare for his journey downward.

Up in the 120th floor, Col. Holly Robinson remained in an area that she and her Avatar, Skybound Linewalker, had already secured. She seemed to be fine-tuning with the radio in her makeshift base, trying to get in contact with the one in charge of this whole operation, Brdg. Ethan Hamachi. Unfortunately, that wasn't to come to fruition. However, in her attempt, she did manage to catch the local Baseline broadcast gone awry. The last few words of whoever it was that took it over were exactly what Col. Robinson needed to hear, as she now remembered the exact time anomaly that she needed to stop.

"Damn it, so that's the thing that we were briefed on," she muttered to herself as she rushed to get herself reorganized. She'd already reloaded her ZF-1 assault rifle, and grabbed a random assortment of fragmentation and flash grenades, before running out the entrance.

"Oi!" Col. Robinson said as she caught sight of Skybound Linewalker, suddenly stopping in her tracks, and clicking her fingers in order to get the avian being's attention, "We won't see another base until one-fifty, so I'll need you for this bit more than ever. We're off."

Skybound Linewalker merely nodded, before walking alongside Col. Robinson for the ascent.

Meanwhile, well away from the Tower of Babel, Erika Majilo wandered desperately for an escape. She couldn't even remember what the hell she was doing here. All she wanted was some inspiration for a book; she never thought she'd get into trouble by coming here, but now...

"Just what in God's name am I supposed to do?" Erika asked hysterically.

"We can't just run from this," The Magician said, having managed to catch up to her, "You know what the guy said; if we don't climb the tower, the world... will be stopped!"

"You think that's even possible?!" screamed Erika, "There's monsters in there that can rip people apart! And even if we beat one, how many more there be to replace it?!"

"Hmm, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd have to say 2000. Although... imagine if we could beat down 3000... no, even better! 5000! The Magician, killing 5000 monsters just to arise to the top of..." The Magician stopped his epic adventure whim only to note that Erika ran off at 2000, "DAMN IT!!"

Kris nervously bit his nails, a terrible habit of his when he felt nervous. "I don't like doing nothing." He complained to Jain. The Avatar had long since grown tired of the boy's constant worrying and had tuned him out as he watched the people of Detroit scurry about. "Well...then go meet up with the Crimson Fireballs." Jain suggested, knowing that Kris would find comfort in being around his friends. Kris shook his head. "It's the middle of the morning, everyone is out. Even with an announcement like that, we gotta eat. And if you don't work, you don't eat." "Well, do something. I am tired of your constant moaning." Kris shot Jain a dangerous look, but the warrior simply rolled his eyes and disappeared into thin air. Kris knew that Jain had a point though. The best thing to do would be to wait for a little while for the panic to die down. The people of Detroit where in chaos. Some rushed towards the tower, while others rushed out of the city. And then those that were left peeked out nervously from behind their closed blinds. It appeared that most everyone had been pretty shaken up by the announcement. 

[hr]

Anna burst out of the opening doors of the high speed train. She received a number of angry words from the people she ran into, but she didn't have time for them. This was her chance. Leaping out of the gray and boring train station, she was hit with a brilliant ray of light that revealed...a gray and boring city. "Talk about bad first impressions..." She said to herself. Grabbing the camera that hung around her neck, she took pictures of the throngs of people below the towering, and dull, skyscrapers of Detroit as they rushed into the train station. Anna could understand their anxiety. After hearing about the news, she had listened to a recording of the message on YouTube and had expected such a reaction from a message like that. 

After fighting her way through the crowd of people, she ventured into the city. The first thing she would need to do is find someone that could take her inside the tower.

-Baseline-

"GOOD MORNING DDDDDEEEETTTTTRIOTTTT! This is DJ Jazzy J hookin' you up with all the mornin' tunes you've come to love!" The upbeat radio host emanated from the various radios and similar devices around the marketplace, and Ikaruga's stall was no exception. He had just finished setting up his wares for the often rare buyer of his cards. "But first some news! We all know that the UN summit is actually taking place in America after years and years of...blah blah blah boring stuff." Ikaruga chuckled at this; it was this kind of witty talk that got him to enjoy the early mornings in the tower. "Buuuttt they say if you look up at 9:15 they say you can see one of the planes carrying important people over head. Oh look it's 9:15 right now! EVERYONE LOOK UP!" Ikaruga looked up too, but then remembered he was inside the tower. Baka, he thought. Like I could see the plane from here... What happened next, however...

"Ummm wait a minute! What's going on? It seems that the plane is headed towards... OH S**T that's the tower! The plane is headed for the tower!"

"Nani!?" Ikaruga shouted. I never said I wanted to see it! He braced for the inevitable impact, and waited. And waited.

There was no loud explosion, no crumbling debris, everything was silent. Ikaruga then noticed that even the radios were silent, without any static or fuzz coming from them. Then suddenly, a sole voice boomed from the radio.

LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT? You no longer cling to climbing the tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the tower, then I shall stop the world until you do. Your leaders are now held in the legendary city of Babylon. Come, if you think yourself bold....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"... Chamberlain?"

"Yes?" Ikaruga's avatar, The Chamberlain of the Six Samurai, was right next to him sitting on his legs. His eyes were closed, as if waiting in anticipation for something.

"Think we should close early?"

Both looked to the streets, which were filled with people rushing one way or another, in fear or in determination. "Perhaps," said the Chamberlain. "But I don't think we'll be able to get through the crowd."

"Well, it's not like we have to go anywhere. Though..." Ikaruga thought about the implications of this development.

"Yes? What is it?"

"You think we might be able to get some money as a bodyguard? There's no doubt a bunch of noobs will just rush into their slaughter."

"No doubt about that." And so the two began to pack up their wares, preparing to head upwards where the beltline began...

[hr]

"And the princess lived happily ever after, while the crooked stepmother was eternally tortured in hell.

The end."

"And this is that time again,

sorry for leaving,

but let's pray so we can meet again,

Just like in the old shows,

That's all folks!"

[hr]

"Ah, Licea, a great show, as expected from you.

But, some of the audiences said that you have started to lose your spirit in this.

And I agree with them. Something  definitely is quite bothering right now, and it's definitely has taken a toll on your performance.

Because of that, I'll cancel all of your show schedules until you managed to pick your passion once again. I don't want to disapoint the audience by giving them a half-hearted show after all.

Enjoy your holday."

[hr]

Licea walked into her flat alongside her avatar that day, quite unusual for her since she usually arranged for some transportation to drop her there. Stopping for a while to rest on a bench, she decided to think more about what her manager had said after her latest show.

"...Maybe he's right. My mind seems to be elsewhere lately.

But where?

Why?"

She thought about the question more for several minutes, and then she decided to ignore the question for now, and continued to walk down the street to her home. Her avatar seemed to be quite threatening enough to make the notorious gangsters of the area be scared shitless of her. Not even her fans appreciated the sight of her avatar. Her return to the flat was pretty eventless as the result.

"..At this rate, the idea of dressing it in a clown's apparel seems to be more and more entertaining..."

She smiled a little, before stopping to open the door of her flat.

[hr]

"DIE, DIE, AND NOW YOU DIE!

AND YOU TOO SHOULD JUST DIE DIE DIE DIE!"

That night, Licea's flat was still well-lit, even when it's already around midnight. Faint scream and laughter could be heard from her workshop, where she repeatedly stabbed and mutilated several poor mannequins. Using her power, she could project her imagination of the mannequins being an actual person, and she had refined it up until the point of being able to make the projection bleed and showed signs of pain and anguish.

After satisfied of her carnage, she turned the projections off, and proceeded to clean the place from the remains of the mannequins. She had done this act for years, all to satisfy her sadistic impulses without killing an actual person.

She did realize that lately her act had become more and more depraved and brutal, and she seemed to act more and more during the 'killing', but she didn't really mind it. Until now.

"..This is not enough. No matter how far I go with the projection, I can't substitute the actual sense of my knife cutting through flesh, or the sweet, sweet taste of blood as I lick them in front of an almost dead person.

NO!"

She quickly throwed her knife into the corner of her room, and proceeded to bash her head into a wall.

"What the hell am I thinking!

I won't kill anyone, no, no, no, not again!"

Before she could drown more into her crazed state of mind, she decided to call it a day, and went immediately to her bed.

Something is definitely wrong with her, yet she couldn't pinpoint the exact problem by herself. The thought of using a therapist to help her did not cross her mind at the time, as she buried her head deep into her pillow.

[hr]

"GOOD MORNING DDDDDEEEETTTTTRIO-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP STUPID DJ!

I NEED MY SLEEP DAMMIT!"

A radio was flung from a building, and might or might not hit a person's head.

That day was an ordinary day.

Knaomme Kwesi

With eyes opened wide and fist clinched Knaomme furiously listened to the message that was being broadcasted all over the electronics that could produce sound. ARE YOU KIDDING!!! Its Knelli isn't it? This has got to be his doing. Knaomme proceeded to unleash her anger by blasting several creatures that just happened to be walking around the floors of Midgard. Nukes were going off in what would look like a vast waste land inside the tower. She was pissed. From her side a tall man decorated in black and gold armor appeared by her side and tried to calm down his mistress.

Madame you predicted this day would come how could this take you by surprise?

Because its been what like 10 plus years since his last attempt. I've been keeping tabs on all of the other Babylonians to make sure we don't have an incident like we did with my husband and his friend.

Milady is it best to recall such events?

Tcsh. Doesn't matter I dealt with my husband and you and your brother killed the other one. Buy the way whatever happened to the child? Did you kill the boy too?

No, Milady we did not.

Why?

Because, we made sure to look gang members and kill his parents that way. We thought that would steer the boy towards a path of righteousness.

Really? Interesting...Knaomme shoots down a massive Dark Tyranno in the distance out of frustration.

Okay, now that I have thought clearly about it, not much to worry about. The Beltline will probably claim the majority of the lives anyway and what the 10 percent that survive and make there way through Midgard...well come on no one really makes it through Midgard without proper aid now do they. Still...I can't overlook this. BLS, you shall escort me to Machine King...I would have words. Yes madame. The noble knight kneels and the two literally disappear into nothingness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah Croodir

Unlike the non-lazy rest of the world Noah found himself asleep at the hour of the reckoning. He was out late last night on a glorious mission that riddled with car chases, gun fights, and even an odd super power fight. Luckily he came victorious and his mission was a success and like always he got paid an outrageous sum of money. So thanks to those events Noah finds himself always sleeping in. But thankfully for him he is the only one. Toruga was busy making his rounds gathering food for his master from other vendors on the lower floors of the baseline. It was actually commonplace for people to see the small dragon walking around with a wallet in its mouth buying food for the two. It was cute...and sad at the same time.

At 10 o'clock Noah would find himself being pelted with rocks and such till he actually woke up. Brrrrr the young man groaned in his makeshift bed yawning as he was not ready to yet embrace the world. With a job like his, he could define his own hours and normally those didn't start till like...some other time that wasn't now. Fortunately for him his better half was a lot more astute. "Hmmm" He said looking at Toruga carrying a bad full of food on his back and wallet in mouth. Then Noah could only let out a small sigh. " I know people have to think less of me when you go out and get food for us so early. How come you don't need as much sleep as I do...you telling me I'm weak?"; Noah said jokingly, but it seems as if his Avatar did not share the same enthusiasm as he normally did this day. Noah raised an eyebrow as Toruga pointed to the TV that Noah stole bought from an electronics store higher in the Tower. Somehow it was actually on without him even turning it on. The news was riddled with stories about what was happening and the only thing Noah could do was face palm.

"Well luckily this has nothing to do with me. But I guess a bunch of fools will try to climb the Tower now. Welp can't miss people you never knew." Noah turned around with a shrug a dismissal only to be met by the disapproving glare of his avatar. "Oh come on! We risk our lives enough in one day, we won't even get paid for something like this." Like a summoning of fate Noah's phone began to buzz quite loudly. As he picked it up he noticed he received several messages. ";Ooooorrrrrr looks like we'll have to climb the Tower anyway. Looks like I'm the best/only transporter in this area so I got a job for every dignitary. Now, I know the Beltline is a murderous place but how do I get up there." Noah looked puzzled for a second until Toruga pushed forward a couple of flyers that he collected in the Baseline. ";Oh a tour group and those supply runs....hmm those could work. Well lets get ready, hopefully we don't get killed immediately."

LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched as you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT!! You no longer cling to climbing the Tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the Tower, Then I shall stop the world till you do. Your leaders are now held in the legendary city of Babylon. Come, if you think yourself bold...

"Oooooohhh ho ho ho," Lilleeanna narrowed her eyes and laughed at the announcement, "my, my these sons of man never cease to surprise me, but isn't that why he choose them..." From the edge of the tower, on one of its man outcroppings, Lilleeanna could feel the anguish, hate, anger, despair of the people below her. 

"Is such the hubris of man? That one simple action throws you all to action!? If these leaders were weak enough to be captured so easily then they are not worth my time and effort, and those who die in the Beltline will not be worth my assistance, but those you make it to the Midgard... they could be worth looking into... yes I see some potential in these ones..."

With feline like quickness Lilleeanna returned to the tower, the 131st level of the tower, and the upper echelon of the Midgard. Here she would wait for them, to make sure she got only the greatest of the recruits... then she would transform them... transform them into his loyal servants. 

The dark research facility slowly flooded with light as the morning sun rose. In a lone room Tetsuya clicked lazily with the mouse. His eyes were bagged and his back hunched. He had worked constantly all night and was getting tired. He would have continued to work if not for the spontaneous black out. His computer screen went lifeless. "My work!" Tetsuya exclaimed in panic of losing his progress. Before he could do much else his computer flickered back to life but instead of his research words shot across the screen and an intimidating voice cried out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A dark figure stepped into the room. "There is only so much we can do from here, perhaps we should take up their offer and meet these fools." Prometheus, Tetsuya's Avatar advised him. He was confident in his powers and thought of himself as superior to other Avatars, although it is true that he is a cunning and wise companion. Tetsuya could not deny his usefulness. "I'm not so sure about that, my research on the monsters that reside above the belt line shows that they are formidable foes, I have barely ventured outside this facility, forget going anywhere near the belt line." Tetsuya was not confident in his abilities, preferring a more cautious approach. He slowly walked towards the window and stared out at, as in entranced. "Then again, if I ever am to discover the secrets of Babylon and regain my families honour, the most straight-forward method would be-" "To go there" Prometheus smiled, finishing Tetsuya's sentence.

"LOWLY MORTALS I HAVE TAKEN YOUR LEADERS AND YET YOU DO NOTHING. I have watched as you amass strength and numbers...FOR WHAT!! You no longer cling to climbing the Tower. Where is your passion? Fine, if you shall not try to climb the Tower, Then I shall stop the world-"

"How unsightly." Sitting in her fortune booth with only a radio to accompany her, Elly closed her eyes in a dismissive manner before erasing the radio from existence with a flick of her fingers. "It is astounding how an ensemble of dim-witted clowns are able to kidnap someone, let alone have the will to call others 'Lowly mortals'. Yet, the worst part, is that they hired such a large ham to make threats." The announcement was of no importance to her. She knew beforehand that a group of people will try to climb the tower, as she had predicted days ago.

Elly ventured out of her booth and to the tower's edge to take a peek at those who will brave Babylon. She can feel their strong energy and lots of emotion from them, a large contrast to the dark and gloomy atmosphere she is used to.

"What is the matter, dear sister?" Seemingly out of nowhere, Alice peered over Elly's shoulders to see what her sister is looking at.

"Ah. Please do not scare me like that, Alice. As you can see, these are the people that will be our friends." Elly's face turned brighter after Alice appeared.

"Befriend? I'm sorry, sister, but I do not think they can go to Midgard, let alone reach our mansion at the top of Tartarus. [url="""]Are you not better off alone?[/url]"

"You're absolutely correct, Alice. However, as long as these ignorant fools continue to possess this much passion to reach the top, they will be able to. With a little help from us, of course." Elly smirked a bit as her last sentence rolled off her tongue. Satisfied with the number of potent individuals, Elly returned to the 50th floor and waited anxiously for the first of the adventurers to arrive.

After several moments of silence Aiya's boss got up from behind the counter, saying something to each of the customers and ushering them out before closing the door behind them.

"What are you doing?" Aiya asked, looking confused.

"Closing up," the boss replied "No point trying to do business after that, everybody'll be listening to the news or trying to climb that damned tower, they wont care about some run down old card shop." The little molten ran let out a small squeak and hopped off his shoulder, vanishing behind some shelves. "You might as well go home early too, no sense wasting time here anymore."

Aiya gave a silent nod and prepared to leave, gathering her things and going out the back of the store and along her way home. She paused not long after leaving the shop, staring up at the massive tower (it wasn't exactly easy to miss). She heaved a sigh and turned about, heading towards the tower.

"Finally growing a pair, are we?" Aiya looked around, not surprised to see Luna walking along beside her.

"Shut up," Aiya muttered "I need to find out what happened to my dad."

"Funny how that wasn't enough to convince you, but a plane dissapearing was,"

"Shut up!"

Aiya kept walking in silence, taking out the flyer she'd found and looking it over.

"If I go up with a group I'll stand a better chance than by myself," she muttered "And if I can get some money for it as well I can make it all up to my mum when we get back."

It was terrible in Hiro's point of view...watching the manager of Goblin Squad's Cards closing up shop, basically sending the kids off. With this, he was also sent off...as he began walking away from the card shop.

So, we got up for nothing, huh? Alius said, as he floated beside Hiro. Now what are we going to do?

Hiro sighed as he saw a few people heading towards the base of the tower, as he pointed towards them. "A good idea as any. We follow them...find out what their doing." he said, as they followed the people. However, somehow Hiro already knew what they were thinking: go inside the tower...climb it...and return victoriously with the representatives and possibly with whatever other spoils awaited them. But he knew he wasn't truly ready...but he had to try at least.

The group of people crowding the tower were rowdy, to say the least. Swarming the entrance, becoming a mass of bodies shifting and churning, trying to get past the wall of stone soldiers.

Kounanne had arrived at the base of the tower only slightly too late. A few challengers entered the massive construct before he could summon his guardians. But when he arrived, the wings of Koa'ki Meiru Maximus behind him, the attention was more than either of them desired.

You need protecting from yourselves. The situation is less dire than you imagine - if you allow us to handle it - but the perils will consume you.

"None of you may enter the tower!" shouted the shining dragon behind Kounanne. But no one could hear over the pounding of their blood with adrenaline and the call of adventure. The wall was giving, Kounanne was losing focus on his animated rock soldiers, and they were crumbling ever so slowly, but effectively. Maximus was attempting to inanimate as much of the nearby crowd as he could until the havoc subsided, but to little avail.

Why cant you fools see that I am defending you from the horrors you will create if you enter here?! Why do you resist?! He was becoming more stressed, more enraged. He looked to his Avatar, an ordering glance to stay back, to cease. The rock wall crumbled, and instead he alone stood in the doorway. Confident and unfaltering, challenging.

No one moved. No one attempted to move past him as he stared. They returned his favor. They would not give up, it became all too clear.

"Now where did she go?" The Magician groaned as he still couldn't find Erika. The whole city of Detroit was such a maze that there was no way of getting far anywhere at... he really needed to get a map at some point; at least that way he'd know where everything was.

Low and behold however, just as The Magician passed a random book store...

"¡Ayuda! ¡Ayuda!"

"God damn it, the hell's wrong with her now?" sighing before saying this, The Magician picked up a Spanish to English Dictionary on his way to see what was obviously Erika's screaming in the distance. Turns out she was pleading for help from passers-by, only she chose the wrong language to speak in.

"¡¿No puede nadie en esta mierda de agujero que necesito ayuda?!" Erika yelled out in the open, "¡Pero no sé dónde cojones! Tengo veinte dólares en mi bolsillo; te lo daré a la primera persona que me dieran direcciones. ¡No, más que eso! ¡Sólo nombre cualquier cantidad de dinero y me aseguraré de que tengo que pagar, lo mas pronto posible! ¡Yo incluso me quitara la ropa y tener sexo con alguien en el lado de la calle si así lo quiere! Sólo me saca de aquí, por favor..."

With all that said, Erika broke down and fell onto her knees, crying violently as she hugged a traffic light. The Magician, however, having had to deal with this crap way too often for his liking, continued to read the Spanish to English Dictionary, until something piqued his interest.

"Hmph, so ropa means clothes in Spanish, huh?" he mused aloud, "Wonder what else this thing gives me?"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, please don't translate any of that!" Erika yelled desperately, "I've already made my scene, that's all people need to know, really..."

"Y'know, this would be much easier if you spoke Japanese instead," The Magician said after a brief sigh, "At least that language I know like the back of my hand."

-Baseline-

The crowds were dwindling, so Ikaruga and the Chamberlain were able to take the main streets, looking for bodyguard work from the numerous hopefuls trying to climb the tower.

He hadn't found any takers yet, though, as they went on their way. He did run into some new gang, which tried to mug him of his merchandise. Needless to say, the nameless mooks were quickly dispatched, falling to the ground after several paralyzing strikes.

A little bit later, he noticed some girl hugging a traffic light, sobbing. A duel monster, which may or may not be her avatar, was talking calmly to her. Ikaruga looked to his avatar, who shrugged at the sight. They exchanged glances, then headed towards the person.

"Kon'nichiwa. What's wrong, miss?" Ikaruga asked. The duel monster noticed something about him, perhaps the way he spoke.

Anna wandered hopelessly through the streets of Detroit, but despite her many strong suits, a sense of direction was not one of them. It wasn't like the tower was hard to miss or anything, but every time she found a street with a straight shot to the tower, she would find herself blocked off either by a police barricade or a hoard of aspiring climbers. "This is just ridiculous." Anna said aloud, finally resigning herself to the fact that she would have to ask for help. Turning down a side street, Anna saw a guy working on a motorcycle. She gave the muscle-shirt wearing man a quick once over, muttering to herself. "He's cute." Anna adjusted her bra slightly, moving it into position so that it would strategically show off her assets. "Really?" Anna looked around, trying to figure out where the voice had come from. There was no one in sight, but she could have sworn that she had heard someone judging her. She shrugged it off as her own subconscious telling her that it wasn't nice to manipulate boys, even if they were cute. With a sigh, she strutted over to where the man sat with his bike.

"Hey there." Anna said, playing up the seductiveness in her voice. Upon hearing her, the man looked up and Anna decided that she had picked right. He was cute. He had messy brown hair that seemed to just settle itself in the most perfect way to frame his chiseled face. He had a smudge of grease on the bridge of his noise and a small scar just under the left side of his bottom lip. Scars were hot. "Dear lord, try not to swoon, would you." There it was again. That voice. Maybe she had more ethics than she had originally thought...but this wasn't the time to care about morality. She needed help, and it just so happened that this muscled hunk could probably help her.

"Well, hi there." He responded, looking up at Anna. His voice was just slightly gravelly, not enough to make him sound like an old man, but just enough to draw the obvious line between fool-hardy boy and adventurous young man. "Listen, I know this is a lot to ask, but I was wondering if you could help me get to the tower." Anna flashed the boy a smile, and whether or not she would admit to it, she did twirl her hair. 

The man returned her smile, giving his face a cheery light that inspired the same genuine smile in Anna. Unfortunately, just as soon as the smile had appeared on the man's lips, it had vanished. "I've got a better idea sweet heart." And as soon as the words left his mouth, Anna knew that she had gotten herself into trouble. She turned to rush out of the alleyway, but as she turned she heard the man whistle and as he did, two guys that Anna hadn't seen before were barring her path. "Why try to climb that tower, when you and I can have a little fun."

Thinking fast, Anna desperately searched for an out. Every instinct of hers told her to spit in the guy's face and shoot every advance he made with a smart-ass remark, but she had seen enough crime dramas to know that, that would only get her threatened with a knife, raped, and then stabbed. No. .She would have to find another approach. "Oh honey, I can only imagine the fun we could have. But first, a little foreplay." Anna grabbed a sleek looking duel disk from her bag, readying it on her arm to give the appearance of confidence. "I win, you are all mine to do whatever I want with, but if you win, you can have me all night long." Anna was laying it on pretty think, but if all went according to plan, then she would be out of here in no time.

"You're on sweet heart. Let the games begin." The man brought out a duel disk of his own. "I'll let the little lady go first."

Anna added five cards from her deck to her hand, adding another to signal the start of her turn. She couldn't help but laugh internally.It was funny to think that something that had started as a children's card game could put to a halt what would have most definitely been a gang rape. And what was funnier, was that, that game was going to be her ticket to salvation. 

[hr]

Kris pushed passed the rushing crowds. The number of people heading towards the tower was increasing and it was becoming nigh impossible to go any other. He fought through the crowd, accumulating a whole slew of new bruises as he did so. He couldn't figure out why he was so adamant to get away from the tower right now, but something told him that he shouldn't be around the base of the tower. No doubt someone would try and pull something stupid.

But still, it wasn't as if he could continue to fight against this flood of people forever. Escaping the onslaught, Kris attempted to duck into the nearest doorway, but as he did so, someone was trying to come out of the same door. As a result, the two hit heads, causing Kris let out a mild curse. After briefly assuaging his head, Kris looked to see who the other victim of this perpetrator-less crime was. It was a young man that Kris vaguely remembered. Hiro. That was his name. Kris had gone into the store that Hiro worked at several times before. "Sorry about that, man. I don't know if you remember me or not, I'm Kris."

Aiya eventually arrived near the base of the tower only to find a massive crowd surrounding it, pushing and shoving each other to try and get through. Aiya came to a halt a short ways back from the crowd, heaving a defeated sigh.

[b]"I'm never going to get through that,"[/b] She moaned [b]"Why did I even think I should try?"[/b]

A loud, booming voice caught her attention and she looked up, just over the heads of the crowd, towering over them, was a large, silver dragon standing guard at the entrance, apparently blocking their way through. Aiya flinched at the sight of it, her first thought being to run terribly fast in the other direction.

Luna sighed at the sight of the dragon: [b]"This is just a waste of time,"[/b] She muttered.

With a few short hops Luna made her way to the roof of a nearby building, giving her a perfect view of the scene. She glared down at the dragon and his master blocking the entrance and raised her staff, a long black scythe blade extending from the moon-shaped design.

[b]"L-Luna, what do you think you're doing!?"[/b] Aiya cried, scrambling up the fire escape as fast as she could in persuit of her Avatar.

[b]"Clearing out the f****** roadblocks!"[/b] Luna replied.

A second later, five large pitch black orbs, about the size of a tennis ball, appeared around Luna, each once summoned by a small glyph hovering in the air. Luna aimed her scythe downwards and the orbs shot forwards, curving about slightly in the air but each one heading towards the dragon. Before they'd impacted Luna was already preparing another barrage when Aiya grabbed her staff and tried to pull it away.

[b]"Stop that!"[/b] Aiya yelled at her.

[b]"What!?"[/b] Luna glared back [b]"What is your problem? They're in our way!"[/b]

[b]"There's a crowd of people down there!"[/b] Aiya argued back [b]"You might hurt some of them!"[/b]

Kounanne glanced up. With little thought, he jumped between the line of his Avatar and the oncoming attack, knocking him to the floor. Maximus stood high to see over the crowd.

As Kounanne attempted to rise back up, people began to push through into the tower now, with no way to stop them. He looked at his dragon, commanding him to allow them through. There is a long way to go before they reach it. Which means I have plenty of opportunities to protect them.

The dragon glared out at the streets. "Who has dared attack Kounanne?!" he hissed, his long slender neck slithering around his master in an effort to protect him from being trampled.

A large commotion could be heard across the street as Tetsuya slipped out of the research facility. Keeping to the shadows he worked his way through the alleyways for a better view of the scene. A large crowd could be seen barging past what appeared to be a dragon from the perspective of Tetsuya. "Looks like there are more climbers than I originally expected." Whispered Tetsuya to his Avatar, who's attention was more focused towards the dragon and a girl that appeared to be wielding a scythe. "Those Monsters, Avatars no doubt. We must hurry if we are to be the ones to reach Babylon first." Prometheus signalled to Tetsuya to hurry. "I'll follow you closely from the shadows." He added before disappearing into the void. "Looks like I have no choice." He conceded, walking calmly towards the entrance funnelling the massive crowd.

"Paladin of White Dragon, finish him with Javelin Bolt!" Anna declared, somewhat dramatically, as her sapphire dragon rider launched its spear-like weapon at her opponent's wide open life points. The holographic weapon passed straight through the despicable scum bag, causing the pain simulator in the duel disk to send a mild electric shock up his arm and across the entirety of his body. His life points meter plummeted to zero, causing the surrounding holographic figures to fade into nothingness. Anna was flushed with victory, and for a moment she had forgotten entirely about her situation. However, as her eyes caught the suggestive glance of her now defeated opponent, the cruelty of reality hit her square in the chest. The duel may have been over, but the game was still going. "Guess you're all mine, sweet heart." She said, regaining her seductive persona. She couldn't let them see a fault in her facade, for fear that they would recognize her ploy before she could reach her end game. "Oh, well I lost and that calls for punishment." The horny man said, giving his licks a lip as he looked Anna up and down. The young woman felt violated with just his eyes on her, but she did well to hide the internal shiver of disgust. 

The red-haired journalist began to walk towards the man, pausing to grabbed a discarded piece of rope that lay abandoned in the alley. The man let out an excited laugh, and Anna could feel his goon-y buddies smile as she did so. These guys truly were pigs. Within minutes, Anna had the once-cute man tied to the door frame of an abandoned building. She had stripped off his shirt to gag, and yet still he was too dumb to realize what Anna was doing. She could tell by the light in his eyes that he fully expected a pleasurable next few hours. Anna smiled internally at the thought of what really awaited him. She stepped closer, appearing to move in for a kiss and then at the last moment landed a powerful close handed slap across his right cheek. Confusion was alight in his eyes, but Anna didn't take the time to notice. She dove her hand into his right jean pocket and pulled out a set of keys. At this point, he was struggling against his bonds and no doubt his thug friends would hear the commotion and come inside the building. It was no matter, she had what she needed. "Later, ass hat!" She said making her way out of the building. As she suspected his muscle-head friends had come to see what was the matter, but instead of confronting them, Anna slipped out between them. 

Making her way back into the alley, Anna sprinted from the propped up motor bike, readying the keys in her hands. With a powerful rev of the engine, she gave the dumbfounded neanderthals a quick wave before peeling out of there. "Just call me, McQueen." Anna muttered to herself and for the third time that day, she thought she heard a voice in her head. "Not bad."

"Legend Raptor, strike down your oppositions!

Defiant Dragon Cannon!"

[hr]

"Oops, I should've activated my Safe zone first before trying to attack for game. Thanks for that game, by the way."

Elaic packed up his cards, and returned them back to his deck case. He had just recently got interested in this "Duel Monsters" card game, and he managed to pick a deck that's quite befitting him, the Assault Dragons, a rarely-used deck filled with mechanical dinosaurs.

After the quick match with his fellow tower escorts, he decided to try listening to the radio, only to find something he never expected.

"...Is this a joke or something?"

Elaic sighed, and turned off the radio.

"Ah, shouldn't even care. That's none of my business.

Speaking of business, why am I getting this feeling that today'll be a busy day for me?"

He then went outside his quarter, and started to go around the Midgard, searching for potential clients for him.

[hr]

"Licea....it's already twelve a'clock. Stop lazing around and go to my office now! I have a favor to ask from you."

"Shut the hell up, old man. This girl is still trying to sleep and enjoy her vacation, and suddenly you're trying to take what you had just given to me yesterday? Nuh-uh.

Bye."

The sleeping beauty(?) then slammed the phone, just for it to ring again seconds later.

And a phone was flung from the apartement, which this time definitely hit a poor chap in the head, hard.

That day was still pretty much a normal day in the neighborhood.

Archived