Yu-Gi-Oh Tower of Babel Started/IC/Accepting/PG-13

Love of Ghibli

[hr]

“Uh…let me repeat myself. My name is Licea, the dollmaker of Detroit. This puppet right here is my avatar.

So, any one of you interested in going up the tower?”                                                 

The silence made Licea somewhat irritated, but she managed to keep her calm for now. She then slowly walked away from the crowd of people, into the tower.

Then she noticed the plant-like growth inside.

“…So that’s why everyone was silent back then.

How annoying.”

[hr]

After the head of the group allowed him to join, Elaic immediately helped carrying many of the containers, though he was forced to turn off his dinosaur form, as the form’s small arms wouldn’t help him this time. His avatar, due to its inability to carry the containers, decided to decimate any plant creatures coming at the group, while clearing the way for the group from the plant growths.

Halfway on the climb with the group, Elaic remembered that he hadn’t asked about the fee for his help, but he decided to not bother with it for now. And suddenly, without him even realizing it, the group had arrived at floor 87.

“It’s already 27 floors? Talk about time passing without me noticing it.

Heh, you all seemed to be exhausted already, not counting the giant robot, and maybe the little dragon.

But to be honest, I am still curious about something. Where are you guys going to, and what do these containers contain?”

[hr]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Baseline, floor 87-

"Where are you guys going to, and what do these containers contain?" The group kept their pace moving up the tower when the dinosaur man asked this question.

Ikaruga, teeth clenched over the handle, muffled out a reply. Seeing this, the Chamberlain decided to fill him in.

"From what Neraine told us, we are taking these containers and bringing them to floor 113." the Chamberlain answered. "However, I am not sure the exact location of this delivery. Nor am I certain of the contents in these containers."

The path... Ikaruga thought, There's no doubt we'll have to face something high-level soon, if what the radio said was true. I wonder if I could use this luggage as blunt weapons?

I hope this stuff isn't important... or liable for a lawsuit.

Baseline Floor 87

Noah looked around and noticed that the dino mans asset of the situation was a tad true. That was the first time him and Toruga launched a bunch of things so dense. It was important though that he keep his eyes on the prize and whatnot. Nevertheless the creatures kept coming and they didn't seem to care about what was in there path. Noah looked around as the other people were still fighting off the plant beast but then Noah had a revelation. He realized that a lot of those plant creatures were flying down to the lower floors. This might be a good way for the group to climb to the upper levels. 

Hey guys...and boss lady Noah shouted as he kept shooting rocks at the incoming creatures. What if we hitched a ride on those things and took a ride to the top?

Baseline Street Level

Knelli was happy as it seemed his plan went successfully now was the task of helping everyone out and making sure that they these "Guardians" as he so called them didn't get in the way. He knew which one of those guard sections he should probably deal with himself in case if any other Baseline fellows tried to make towards that particular guardian. Knelli looked around to make sure that the coast was clear. He could see some people gathered in the distance and it looked like one of them had a Lightsworn for an Avatar. It was Ironic seeing how that would be useful for them if they make it past the Beltline.

Knelli and Goyusha noticed how a lot of random citizens took to flying as a method of climbing the tower. Knelli snuck back into the shadows till he made his way to wall. 

Master, what manner of behavior is this? Goyusha asked. Its simple. When I turned on the cameras I got a layout of the entire Tower's infrastructure. For some odd reason the elevators don't have any over growth on them. Meaning if people wanted they could take an elevator straight to the top. Knelli and Goyusha ran into a nearby store and he saw the elevator in the back. The two of them stepped in and they simply pressed a button and began there ascent. Curious, why did you not inform them of this revelation? Well remember we are the bad guys we can't make everything too easy for them. I thought they would eventually try that at some point, but I didn't want plants to grow and for them to die trapped in an elevator. Besides the elevator seems to only cover the first 100 floors. I guess monster kind up above cut off access to Beltline and Midgard. 

Baseline - Floor 10

Aiya and Luna kept making their way along, keeping low this time to avoid any monsters and taking any opportunity to dodge between buildings and down alleys.

"This is going to take forever," Luna muttered.

"I'm sure there's another way up near here somewhere," Aiya replied "I think."

Luna shot her a glare but Aiya ignored her and kept moving, peaking around the corner to check for monsters. The coast seemed clear so she stepped out, only to jump and hide back behind the corner again. Luna gave her a puzzled look and stepped out, seeing an Arsenal Bug chasing another person down the street. She heaved a sigh and stepped out, summoning her stave and aiming it in front of her, a series of black projectiles shooting out from around her towards the Arsenal Bug.

Aiya poked her head out to see the woman the bug was chasing and tried to get her attention by waving her arm out. "Hey!" She called "Over here, quickly while Luna has that thing distracted!"

"Really now this childishness is grating upon my nerves," Lilleeanna rolled her eyes, "I can kill you, and will kill you if this keeps up, whenever I want, however I want, and take as long as I want and still be home in time for dinner."

"Mistress..." Belial sighed rubbing her forehead, "I don't why you just don't kill her, this human just doesn't seem worth your time. Meanwhile I can just incinerate her whenever you give the word." Sparks of flame danced around Belial's fingers as the demon gave Col. Robinson an arrogant smirk.

"A human armed with knowledge and wisdom is one of the greatest gifts, though youths are much better for this sort of thing... and this human is far past the stage of 'youth', I don't believe she is a lost cause... yet, but I suppose we shall see." Lilleeanna smiled, seemingly having forgotten she was being used as a hostage by Col. Robinson.

"Fine, she's all yours, though I don't suppose you'll be able to get her to got through the Hall of Ethics... I don't think she'd trust you enough to do that," Belial replied giving Col. Robinson a look of disgust.

"There's no need I shall test her right here," Lilleeanna chuckled, "you may go now Belial."

"I shall await your return at Tsukiji Hongwanji," with those parting words Belial bowed before simply up and leaving presumably up farther into the Tower.

"Now, back to you human. Answer me this do you believe in a God?"

"I am unsure if that is a good idea." Granzon said, staring up the hole.  One fanged plant lunged towards it from the ceiling, but Neraine lept and chopped its head off before it could damage any of the containers Granzon was carrying.

"You can fly," Neraine simply replied.  She looked up the hole - it seemed like it reached all the way up to the 100th floor.  Granzon landed next to Neraine, who was busy watching the monsters go up and down the floors

"If you think that it is imperative we reach the 100th floor as quickly as possible..."  Grazon began.  Neraine nodded in response.

"Yeah, we can't leave these things running free."

"Very well.  I believe the young man has the right idea. as far as getting us to floor 100 quickly.  With the elevators shut down due to the invasion, this is a risky alternative."

"You heard him," Neraine called out to everyone as she started floating in the air.  Even though she didn't need to ride an animal, Neraine would help her employees on their way up.  "We're riding our way to the top!"  She turned her back to the others and continued watching the stream of monsters, ready to cut down any which threatened the group's ascent.

'I just hope they don't find this too recless and quit.'

-Baseline, floor 87-

So we're riding on the monsters? Ikaruga thought. He then grinned at the prospect, as it reminded him of a certain anime that was rather popular in the states...

Seeing this, the Chamberlain could only sigh at his recklessness. "While it does seem possible, I don't think this would be a good-" The Chamberlain couldn't finish, as Ikaruga landed on a surprisingly large Gale Dogra. He then proceeded to grab the insect by the antennae and steered it upwards, even while holding the luggage.

I knew he was going to do that, the Chamberlain thought before he quickly followed in his partner's footsteps. Spotting one Insect Soldier of the Sky, he landed on it, secured his position, and grabbed the monster's antennae in one swift motion, moving upwards as well.

As the group ascended one way or another, they were surprisingly ignored somehow. The few that didn't ignore the group quickly fell against the riding monsters, lashing out on instinct against anything that was in it's way.

Baseline Floor 87 

While there was some odd hesitancy it seemed as if Noah's idea of being able to fly upward to the 100th floor was going to happen. Noah looked around as he tried to figure out what was he going to ride upward to the floor. It looked as if the answer was actually going to come to him. Noah quickly turned around to notice that there were a couple of cockroaches wearing armor were making there way to flank the group from behind. Noah and Toruga Earthbent the sides of the walls and shot the enemy over the edge. It would have been entertaining if it wasn't so draining. Toruga howl to get his master's attention. When the Noah looked to the side he laughed as he looked at a massive ship of black corn was simply drifting up the tower. Noah could only shake his head as he leapt into the air and decided to ride this thing to the top. It seemed as if the members of the group were all finding their way to the top. 

Well I guess this is one way to travel. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baseline Floor 100

The group seemed to have all made it to the top very effectively. It was oddly quite though. There didn't seem to be any sign of actual monster activity. In fact there didn't seem to be any sign of life at all. Just a series of gutted out stores that seemed to have been in varying stages of development. "Well isn't this just...creepy." Noah said trying to break the eerie tension that comes from standing in what could easily be a baron floor. "So I think the spa is directly around the corner should we leave the supplies here and proceed boss lady?" Noah had somewhat gotten accustomed to calling this person boss lady. He never worked for someone before so it was definitely a new sensation.

Before his boss could get an answer the group would here an odd chime come from right next to them. Noah and Toruga looked to the left and that is when they could see the elevator opening. Their eyes widened as a man with a white cloak and hood stepped out of the elevator and this man was followed by what seemed to be a slightly taller machine man who had wielded a sword and shield. This man looked back at the group and he was simply confused at the stares. Ummm, hello. The man waved as he didn't understand what was happening. 

Noah simply looked at the group then back at this stranger. Are you telling me that the elevator is working? Yes I know its not the smartest route to take in these trying times but I chose the quickest route. Knelli was simply looking at this group. He assumed that this group was a group of people who didn't have the luxury of using the elevators. 

Archived