1st place:

-Someone-

2nd place:
Cocodomoco

3rd Place (3 way tie):
Kwisatz-Haderach

Rowling

Hikari-chan

thanks for playing and I hope you had fun!

edit: sorry! I completely forgot about this contest. Entry is closed now. Current contestants will have until the start of 1/14/14 to finalize submissions, then judging will begin provided that everyone has at least 1 card entered by then. If not then I'll extend it as needed. If any one needs more time, just tell me since I don't want to throw anyone under the bus (so to speak) with a deadline.

edit2: Real life is very busy for me right now so I'm going to let the other judges take over the contest.  Fear not, prizes will still be given.

edit3: I'm back as a judge since my previous plan to have others take over the contest didn't work. Entry is closed and judging grades are due 1/30/14. Any judges who do not submit grades by then without prior notice (eg telling me that they need more time) will not be considered because this has gone on long enough.

I'm down to just me and scary face as judges, so all I have to do is add up the scores and this will be done, finally

Important: the next week (week of 12/27/13) will be very busy for me IRL so I may tend to matters involving this contest after that.

Entry Deadline has already passed.

Prizes:

First place 100 points

Second Place 50 points

third place 25 points

Requirements:

Make a card that summons monsters from the extra deck using an alternative requirement compared to what is normally required to summon them, for example if your card summons fusion monsters don't make it use fusion materials at all.

Here are some examples:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Summoner_of_Illusions

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bahamut_Shark

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Kings

You most enter at least 1 card, there is no maximum limit on how many cards you can enter, but all your entries must relate to eachother directly or indirectly such that they can be used in the same deck. Be creative and have fun of course, that's the whole point here.

[spoiler='Please note the follwing important ruling precidents for each card type established by konami:']

Fusion:

- Fusion monsters that state "A fusion summon of this card can only be done ['conducted' on older cards] with the above fusion material monsters" can be special summoned from the extra deck without a fusion summon, but cannot be revived afterwards since they did not meet thier summoning requirements. Fusion summoning such cards however, requires the correct materials.

- Fusion monsters that state "Cannot be special summoned except by fusion summon" or on newer cards "Must be fusion summoned and cannot be special summoned by other ways" require a fusion summon or an effect that states "ignoring the summoning conditions" to be special summoned.

- Fusion monsters that don't have any summoning requirement text like the examples above can be special summoned from the extra deck without a fusion summon, but cannot be revived afterwards since they did not meet thier summoning requirements.

Synchro:

-  Unless stated otherwise on the card, any synchro monster can be summoned from the extra deck without a synchro summon but cannot be revived afterwards if it is.

Xyz:

-  Unless stated otherwise on the card, any xyz monster can be summoned from the extra deck without an xyz summon but cannot be revived afterwards if it is.

[/spoiler]

Please note that by entering a card, you give me the right to use it in my real life created card decks, however I will not claim that I made it.

Judging:

I will be hand picking 2 guest judges who will each grade as they see fit along with my grading rubirc shown below. The other judges will have publicly viewable rubrics too. The winners are those with the highest total scores

[spoiler='My Judging']

Art: x/5

Artwork must be a realistic style eg not a blatent photograph and well enough drawn that it looks like it could be on a card, but if you edit a photograph to make it look drawn its fine. No 'blank' [monochrome] backgrounds unless it makes sense for what you are portraying. Also, nothing too revealing. Some revealing is fine unless the art looks over the top like it came out of playboy magazine. If you are unsure, ask me or ask yourself "does this character look like whatever they are (eg a knight) or do they look like a sex appeal model".

Balance x/10

Mostly self explainitory. Would your creations make some new FTK/OTK viable? Would they become more powerful then Dragon rulers at thier prime? Part of balance is interactions with existiing cards. I will have other judges help me with this one.

Creativity x/10

How original/outside the box is your new summoning method?

I will not grade you on OCG (offical card grammer). Instead, if I can't understand how your card works, you will be given reasonable time to fix the OCG. This may delay judging a bit.

[/spoiler]

Here i am :)

[spoiler='Dragon of the Elusive Haze']

ARsGjQK.jpg

Lvl4/DARK/Dragon/ 1800 - 1900

This card cannot be destroyed by battle with a monster that has 2400 or higher ATK. When your opponent Special Summons a monster from his/her Extra Deck: You can return this card to the bottom of the Deck; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Extra Deck whose Level/Rank OR Attribute is the same of the monster Special Summoned by your opponent ignoring the Summoning conditions, also that monster's effects are negated and it is returned to the Extra Deck during your End Phase. 

[/spoiler]

im interested to help you judge, my judging criteria, as usual, are here

B (Balance): /10

O (OCG): /10 (but if TC dont want this, i may not use it, honestly im so lazy to do an OCG fix for anyone who ask it after i posted my result

C (Creativity): /5

P (Pic): /5

Total: /30

1 of my would-be judges already said yes, but if the other one says no to the offer, then you can judge. Also, you're right: OCG not affecting your score is part of my requirements for how you judge.

eVGX1Pp.jpg

Once per turn, you can add 1 Magic Bubble Counteron this spell.

You can only have one Magic Bubble spell on the field at the time.

You can synchro summon one monster whose level is equal to the amount of Magic Bubbles Counters.

When you use this spell to do a synchro summon, it's destroyed and you can use another only after 3 of your main phases.

Number 76: Cosmic Dust Dragon

LQzXkPx.jpg

Must be Special Summoned (From you Extra Deck) by having at least 8 monsters in your Graveyard and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned, target as many monsters with the same type and level in your graveyard; Attach them to this card as Xyz materials. This card original Rank becomes equal to the level of the attached monster(s); This  card gains ATK/DEF equal to its Rank x500. You can banish all Xyz materials attached to this card: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each Xyz material banished to activate this effect. If this card has no Xyz material(s); Return it to the Extra Deck.

Are you still allowed to enter the competition? I spent a lot of time trying to make this so I hope you like it.

75ciUNz.jpg

Lore: This card can be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by removing from play any number of DARK monsters in your Graveyard. This card cannot be Summoned any other way. This cards rank is equal to the number of cards banished this way. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for every card removed from play.

I would like to enter. I haven't been on this site in forever. I will have a card made shortly. 

Bare with me because i haven't made, or even looked at a card in ages. Feel free to tear my OCG apart. 

[spoiler=Entry]

Mh20OWd.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

The turn this card is normal summoned you may sacrifice one face up monster you control. This cards level becomes equal to the level of that card. This card may not be destroyed as a result of battle. Once per turn during your standby phase you may discard one card, increase or decrees this cards level by 1. You may sacrifice this face up card to special summon one XYZ monster with a rank equal to this cards level (from your extra deck), attach this card to the selected monster. When that monster has no XYZ material monsters attached to it, regardless of its effect, destroy it. If this card is attached to an XYZ monster as an XYZ material detach is at the end of your next turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Alright i'll join this

[spoiler='here's my card']

PiBWnbx.jpg

Lore:

You cannot Normal Summon/Set. When this card is activated: You can pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. When that monster leaves the field: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, then attach that Synchro Monster to it as an Xyz Material. When that Xyz Monster leaves the field: Destroy this card. When this card leaves the field: Destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the field.

p.s. oh yeah, even it's a chance Scary Face will judging this i didnt have to care about my OCG so much this time :D

p.s.2 well its concept come from what Rescue Cat and Rabbit can do (since this tea party have both Cheshire Cat and March Hare, which represented those 2 monsters :))

[/spoiler]

Are you still allowed to enter the competition? I spent a lot of time trying to make this so I hope you like it.

75ciUNz.jpg

Lore: This card can be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by removing from play any number of DARK monsters in your Graveyard. This card cannot be Summoned any other way. This cards rank is equal to the number of cards banished this way. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for every card removed from play.

Copy/Paste? This card effect is almost identical to the one i made

I don't think you did this on purpose, but this coincidence seems suspicious.

Copy/Paste? This card effect is almost identical to the one i made

I don't think you did this on purpose, but this coincidence seems suspicious.

I never have Copy/Pasted on anybody's cards before and I never plan on it. If you feel that the world is all about you and still think I copied yours I'll make a new one, I don't really care.

I never have Copy/Pasted on anybody's cards before and I never plan on it. If you feel that the world is all about you and still think I copied yours I'll make a new one, I don't really care.

i said i don't blame you for this, simply the effect seemed too much similar. there's no need to be upset

I would like to enter my first contest with this card, please be gentle.

Edit: Does seem like a never ending contest hmm? Also I may have missed the deadline so if that makes my entry invalid don't spend the time judging it ha~  :P

[spoiler='Entry Card']

EyP7D5V.jpg

Mistress Magic

Trap Card

When there are face-up WIND, WATER, LIGHT, FIRE, and EARTH Spellcaster-Type monster(s) on the field: Pay half your Life Points; Special Summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck in face-up Defense Position. You cannot Normal Summon/Set during the turn you activate this card.[/spoiler]

Archived