Yugioh Deck Masters Tournament - Hosted by Broke. N & Muge. N

I got a couple of questions related with DM rule #4:

When a player loses its DM (except special cases like Stardust Dragon), it instantly loses the duel, or because of those special cases the DM mechanic instead "checks" the location of the DM at each End Phase, and if it is not in the DM Zone or field then the player loses the duel?

If the latter is correct, then it means that before the turn the player lost its DM ends, it can resort to cards such as, for instance, "The Transmigration Prophecy" to return its DM from the graveyrad to the DM Zone and save itself from losing?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another question, if you perform an Xyz Summon with your Deck Master so that that Xyz monster becomes your deck master, are you allowed to summon another copy of said xyz monster since only the first one is your deck master? or are you not allowed to summon a second copy? This also applies to fusions and synchroes etc. etc. Just trying to clear up some air here, as it would determine how I would build my deck.

I got a couple of questions related with DM rule #4:

When a player loses its DM (except special cases like Stardust Dragon), it instantly loses the duel, or because of those special cases the DM mechanic instead "checks" the location of the DM at each End Phase, and if it is not in the DM Zone or field then the player loses the duel?

If the latter is correct, then it means that before the turn the player lost its DM ends, it can resort to cards such as, for instance, "The Transmigration Prophecy" to return its DM from the graveyrad to the DM Zone and save itself from losing?

Only monsters that allow themselves to return to the field from anywhere can safely touch that place and not lose. Any other case is game over. It is also not limited to the End Phase. If the card can return to the field during the next standby phase, it is allowed.

Quick question: Why is Fortune Tune banned?

The custom banlist came from a different tournament where Fortune was... decidedly more dangerous than normal. I'll take it out, really.

Another question, if you perform an Xyz Summon with your Deck Master so that that Xyz monster becomes your deck master, are you allowed to summon another copy of said xyz monster since only the first one is your deck master? or are you not allowed to summon a second copy? This also applies to fusions and synchroes etc. etc. Just trying to clear up some air here, as it would determine how I would build my deck.

Common sense dictates that summoning a second copy of the Xyz/Synchro/Fusion is fine. Why wouldn't it be?

Only monsters that allow themselves to return to the field from anywhere can safely touch that place and not lose. Any other case is game over. It is also not limited to the End Phase. If the card can return to the field during the next standby phase, it is allowed.

The custom banlist came from a different tournament where Fortune was... decidedly more dangerous than normal. I'll take it out, really.

Common sense dictates that summoning a second copy of the Xyz/Synchro/Fusion is fine. Why wouldn't it be?

In regards to this: Say my Deck Master is Wind-Up Soldier, and I banish it with the effect of Wind-Up Rabbit, would I lose?

Furthermore, if my opponent takes control of Wind-Up Soldier, and banishes it using their own Wind-Up Rabbit, would I lose?

In regards to this: Say my Deck Master is Wind-Up Soldier, and I banish it with the effect of Wind-Up Rabbit, would I lose?

Furthermore, if my opponent takes control of Wind-Up Soldier, and banishes it using their own Wind-Up Rabbit, would I lose?

No to the first, I'd assume based on the fact this is an adaption of what I did in the past.

In that case yes, if it's sticking to the basis.

I'd wait for their final judgment, but act on what I said in testing and all until proven otherwise.

What happens if you take control of your opponent's Deck Master, bring out your own Deck Master, and use them to summon something?

5.   You do not lose if your opponent gains control of your Deck Master, unless it is used as an Xyz material, returned to the Deck, destroyed, sent to the Graveyard, or banished in any way while under their control.

It's on the front page.

Wouldn't that mean that Xyz Encore is auto-win if the DM is used as an Xyz material?

No, if I'm reading the rules correctly, you can't activate Xyz Encore and target their Xyz Deck Master because then they would control 2+ Deck Master monsters at the end of it.

Of course, I'm assuming that the two summoned Monsters would become Deck Masters due to being forced summoned by the card that removed the Deck Master, so this could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived