Ominium Runica - The College of Hands [ Adventure / PG-16 / Not Started / Limited Acceptance ]

Lunar Origins

[hr]
Ominium Runica
The College of Hands
[hr]

In the small, snow ridden village of Laurie, a short and stocky Elven man peruses through the local school's hallways, giving each student an interesting look.  Several pique his interest, though most appear to be dull.  He procures a clipboard from his trench coat and makes a few notes, looking up through the classroom's door as the teacher instructs a student on why time travel simply isn't possible.  Another student interjects, and the trench-coat wearing elven man chuckles.

An explosion was heard across the way, with heads shooting up drooled-upon desks.  The elven man raises his eyebrow and starts exchanging a mix of curious and worrisome comments with the teacher; both rush to the location of the blast.

A small group of kids - no more than fifteen or sixteen years old - lay in a circle, their clothes in tatters, singed at the front.  They were not injured, however.

The elven man tapped his walking cane on the ground, awakening the 'perpetrators' of the scene.

Time had passed, and you find yourself and your small group of friends locked inside of a horse-drawn wagon; the seats are uncomfortable, the cold is unbearable, and the cold steel of the handcuffs rubbing against your skin has left a terrible rash.  It seems that your ability to cast magic is cut off - probably from that faint buzzing sound in your ear, breaking all concentration. It's torture, you think to yourself.

A knock on the front of the cab grabs your attention, and the face of the elven man looks back from the driver's seat.

"Oi, it looks like the lot of ya magicians are up now, eh?  Good deal, good deal!  Now, ya may be wond'rin why I've got you cuffed - please don't mind the steel, it's all I've got - but you kids seem to show a great deal of skill in these mystic arts!  Now, don't be like that, your family won't miss you that much; a hefty lump sum o' money has been delivered right to their doorsteps with a kindly note 'n such.  Don't bother tryin' to phone home, either - that wouldn't do what wit' all the secrecy and stuff."
[hr]
[HR]
INFORMATION
[HR]
You and a small group of friends have been abducted by the Ominium Runica, a secretive faction that presents itself as a government entity though is actually a private assassination company.  They gather people at a young age and train them in the arts of magical assassination.
Hailing from the same snowy village, you are all humans, incredibly talented in magic.  What happened to bring the attention to you was a silly prank pulled by Domnhall, the class clown.
During this roleplay, you will have chances to assassinate important characters, effectively altering the entire timeline of the Valrune Confederation.
It is encouraged to have characters in this roleplay cameo in other roleplays, in order to get a sense of control.  The Ominium Runica is a large organization with roots in many, many places.
[hr]
[hr]
Non-Playable Characters
[hr]
Domnhall: Domnhall Zena is the only Caitsith within your group.  Tall, limber, and quirky, but rather terrible with magic, in the sense that he cannot cast a spell worth a damn, but when he does, it's rather... explosive in nature.

Agent Ora Nge: A human with traits that allow him to pass as a human, elf, or Dwarf.  He's the main scout of the Ominium Runica foundation, and holds horrifying power over magic.  Despite his ability to blend in and appear to be an elf, he is incredibly racist towards them and delights in nothing more than utterly destroying them.  He is skilled in medical magic and poison magic, altering the content of the air using special carbon nanites designed by Ominium Runica for assassination purposes.

[hr]
[hr]
Important Information
[hr]
Ominium Runica:  A large organization whose true face is not well known to the public.  It is based in Taern, with headquarters beneath the city of Lumenhold.  Admittance into the Lumenhold headquarters is reserved for those who have proven themselves to the organization.

The College of Hands:  A school dedicated to the art of assassination.  It is ancient; the school has been active as long as anyone can remember, pre-dating even some of the oldest of elven-kind.  It is said that all assassins who have made a name for themselves have graduated from here; funny enough, however, that no one is even sure of its existence, as it remains hidden to the public eye.
[hr]
[hr]
[spoiler='Character Application']Personal Information
Name:
Birthdate:
[hr][spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Biography][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Personality][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Abilities Information][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Information][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[hr]

[hr]

Roster

Now finished and awaiting approval, the bio is still a wall of text due to the problems I'm having with spoilers, but everything else is fine.

Personal Information
Name: Katherine 'Kate' Veres
Race: Human
Birthdate: 3rd February
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]Though she can partially change her appearance, Kate's original appearance is that of a 16 year old girl who stands at 156 cm tall, and weights about 40 kg. Her hair is long and brown and her eyes are blue when she's not changing them, her skin complexion is fair and she's a B-cup. Kate usually has her hair in a different colour each day, and does the same for her nails, which she usually keeps fairly long even without the use of her magic. She usually wears a coat over her school uniform to help keep her warm in the snow, and wears thick boots to keep her feet warm and help her walk around in the snow.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Biography]The second child of three, Kate often had to help look after her little sister, while her older brother was often out socializing with his friends. Once she reached school age as well, Kate tried to do the same, quickly making friends among those her age and leaving her little sister back in the care of her parents. She did manage to make several friends among the town, though she'd still end up taking looking after her sister much more often than her brother would, becoming more responsible than people would expect someone her age to be. She didn't discover her abilities until she was 12 and jealous of the long blonde hair of one of her friends. At the time, she was looking at herself in the mirror and wishing that she had blonde hair rather than brown, and surprisingly, it actually happened, the brown hair turned blonde for a moment before the surprise at seeing it happen was enough for her to lose control over that change, the hair reverting to brown. Since them she kept trying to do it again, attempting to find the feeling of the magic doing it's work and after a few days of that, succeeded in turning it blonde again, and in keeping it blonde for a bit. Since then Kate kept practicing in front of the mirror during the afternoon on changing her hair, eventually with her parents finding out after her sister walked into her room while she was practicing. After convincing her family to keep quiet about her skill, they even started to suggest things she could do to practice, and to try changing something other than hair, getting her to learn how to do the same with her fingernails and then toenails. Once she was capable of holding one of her changes for long enough, she started to change her hair colour every day before going to school, using it as good practice of holding a change and of changing the colours. This also had the byproduct of letting the village know about her abilities, causing some of the villagers to start asking her to change specific things for them, which she did at first, but quickly started to refuse to do after they would keep bothering her about it time after time. After that her life settled into a normal routine once more, and over one of the longer holidays from school, she started to experiment with modifying her eyes, starting with the colour of the iris and moving from there into controlling the lens itself, allowing her to fix any vision problems she may gain and control the magnification of the lens and the amount of light drawn in. Most recently, up till the incident happened she had been working on changing the colour of her skin, resulting in some rather unusual appearances during school days. On the day of the incident, she had her hair in black, her nails in red, her eyes in brown, and her skin tone several shades darker than usual. Interestingly to her, when the cuffs came on and her magic was cut off, her body returned to it's original appearance but her eyes which she had attempted to permanently fix any vision problems in slipped back into their usual blue but didn't lose the clarity of vision she had achieved.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler=Personality]Kate is usually cheerful and friendly, not particularly shy and very capable of making new friends given the chance. That bubbly exterior hides a calm and careful core to her personality, created from years of being responsible for her sister and of needing to keep her composure in order to keep the changes from her magic in place. She's smart, both enjoying her schooling and having a working interest in biology around the human body, mostly due to her needing to know how her body works in case she eventually tries to change the inherent body structure to modify her height and body shape. Kate does have a strong will, having developed it more recently to keep herself seen as a person around town, and not just as a curiosity that anyone can ask to perform tricks though her magic, which has also caused her to become more mature and somewhat cynical about life in general than you'd expect from a teenager. She has good balance, something that's going to be much more useful once she starts experimenting with changing her height or body shape and will need to adjust to at first.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler=Abilities Information]Kate is what's known as a shapeshifter, she can use the nanites existing in her body to change her appearance. Currently she's only capable of manipulating the length and colour of her hair and nails, and of modifying the colour and the lens shape of her eyes. Recently, shes started to work on changing her skin tone and colour, though she's not very advanced at that yet. With enough skill and practice though, she'll be able to manipulate her appearance enough to look like a human, dwarf or elf, or mimic the appearance of an an actual person from among those races. She'll also be able to enhance or reduce her senses and physical abilities, though all changes will revert back after she lets go of the magic, unless she specifically focuses on making them permanent changes to her original form. If she does make the changes permanent, they'll remain permanent to her original appearance even if her magic is cut off or disrupted. Other than her shapeshifter ability she's useless of any other form of magic, but is quite good at maths and science, and is interested in biology. [/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Information]With enough control over their abilities, a skilled shapeshifter can gain the ability to extend their life indefinitely, so long as they can keep enough of a supply of energy coming in to fix their internal organs and keep their bodies young and healthy. They can't fix any problems in their brains though, as any changes directly applied to the brain will change things like personality or memories, or even ruining the automatic functions needed to keep the body alive that are run by the brain. Also, Kate is a fan of chocolate, and currently can't hold any temporary modifications while sleeping. [/spoiler]

App is now finished, and she'd probably work well as a medical agent, particularly if she can figure out how to use her abilities to modify other people's bodies as well as her own for fine-tune healing. If she could figure that out it would probably make it easier for her to kill as well, if she can just disguise herself to infiltrate a party and use the ability to damage the target's internal organs in such a way to cause them to die soon afterwards. I wasn't sure whether that would be allowed though, as it would make her rather strong as an assassin, being able to kill without a weapon and without leaving any obvious signs that it was a murder, with the only thing needed was a long enough touch from her to work her ability on part of their internal body system.

I have a question. Do characters absolutely have to be human? Because for my character, I wanted him to be an independent that works for any sort of assassination/thief/etc. guild to make a few extra coins, this being one of them possibly; however, he is not a human, and that is where the tricky part comes in. He doesn't necessarily need to be a main character, but like an assisting character to the characters of this RP, since he would be an experienced Nightblade. Like, helping them with their skills. Since he wouldn't be absolutely vital to this RP-sect, he can leave for a while to partake adventures to other RP-sects (possibly via contracts for assassinations), and come back when needed. I hope I'm bringing this out correctly.

-This post will be edited accordingly for the application to accommodate GM's answer-

--Edited--

"My stance stands.  You are one of the humans abducted for the program.  That is what this roleplay is about. the story of their rise to 'fame'.  I'm going to be playing NPCs and the like, so.

The main reason for me not liking this idea is that I really want to be the one controlling the information for plot relevant purposes.

Also, until I have at least 6 applications, I will not review or accept any applications.  So, encourage your friends to join."

I will note that, and continue interest in this RP; this also informs me that it will not conflict with another RP because of my character, I thank you for your answer regardless of what it may have been. I will discuss with myself further about my possible character in this RP. 'Til then.

I have a question. Do characters absolutely have to be human? Because for my character, I wanted him to be an independent that works for any sort of assassination/thief/etc. guild to make a few extra coins, this being one of them possibly; however, he is not a human, and that is where the tricky part comes in. He doesn't necessarily need to be a main character, but like an assisting character to the characters of this RP, since he would be an experienced Nightblade. Like, helping them with their skills. Since he wouldn't be absolutely vital to this RP-sect, he can leave for a while to partake adventures to other RP-sects (possibly via contracts for assassinations), and come back when needed. I hope I'm bringing this out correctly.

-This post will be edited accordingly for the application to accommodate GM's answer-

My stance stands.  You are one of the humans abducted for the program.  That is what this roleplay is about. the story of their rise to 'fame'.  I'm going to be playing NPCs and the like, so.

The main reason for me not liking this idea is that I really want to be the one controlling the information for plot relevant purposes.

Also, until I have at least 6 applications, I will not review or accept any applications.  So, encourage your friends to join.

You know YCM's not active enough to support that many bigger RPs. I see no actual reason as to why just the four applicants here are sufficient. Smaller RPs are a lot easier to handle and take less effort to keep active. Just my thoughts, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

WIP

Personal Information
Name: Lyle Froren
Birthdate: November 11
[spoiler=Appearance]Lyle is small for his age and bone-thin, standing at 150 cm and weighing only 80 lbs. He has cute, childish features, as well as sad-looking violet eyes where slight bags have formed, but a mop of wavy white hair covers his head and falls onto his face, obscuring his left eye and leaving only his right eye vaguely visible.[/spoiler]

Personal Information

Name: Adrianna Shallowvow

Birthday: 3 March

[spoiler: Appearance:] 

Adrianna is currently 5'6 and her body is toned for a 15 year old which most likely comes from the access of physical training she's had. She weighs 45kg. Adrianna is dark brown skin is accentuated by the fact that she lets her long black hair down as she lets it flow slightly relaxed. She typically likes to where short sleeved shirts regularly. Adrianna does wear coats though because of the intense cold. She tends to prefer short sleeves because the use of her abilities tends to damage the areas around her arms. As for foot wear when the weather doesn't demand that she wears boots she prefers wearing short 1in heels. Her eye color is brown and she likes to use her abilities to give herself metallic colored nails. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Biography:]

Adrianna has one of protective and caring big brother by the name of Clarion. He's overprotective for good reason. This is mainly because the two Blackwell children come from unhealthy psychopaths. Their parents are loving in the sense that they will do anything to protect and provide for their children, but they just don't value life like one would. Adrianna grew up around death and was taught to fight at a young age by her mother. Adrianna's mother was pretty adamant in teaching her daughter how to defend herself from the world of man. Adrianna's father was pretty much the same except he was a tad more aggressive in his training. This naturally startled his Clarion. Clarion decided the best thing for Adrianna was to get away from this negative environment. 

Clarion new Adrianna had some talent for magic. Most of the family had taken to martial arts and had no talent for the craft. Under his advice Adrianna left to go to school to become more proficient in magic. At this new school she was able to make friends relatively simple. She wasn't given the opportunity to reveal that she is quiet used to seeing dead bodies or her families issues. Because she didn't have any friends back at her hometown she really tries to be the team sport at school. This leading to the incident where she was captured. These cuffs shouldn't have been anything for her yet they somehow cutoff her magic. Now she just wondered what was her fate here waiting for this elf like mans instruction.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Personality:]

Adrianna is surprisingly normal for someone who is the child of psychopaths. She has tremendous amounts of respects for adults, and acts perfect when in public. Nevertheless her one problem that may come up is that she is totally desensitized to death. She has been on the scene of gruesome crimes committed by her family and for some odd reason they have not had the negative effect on her that one would suspect. This is primarily because no one in her circle of influence instilled the horrors of death towards her. Seeing that she is so young it is hard for her to understand cause and effect when it comes to life and death. Adrianna sometimes tries to prove how "adult" she can be buy trying her hardest at school and having opinions on current events. Out of her entire family she is by far the most innocent and the most heartwarming, yet she doesn’t know that fact.  

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Abilities:]

Adrianna has the ability to transform the area from her fingertips to her elbows into liquid metal just like the antagonist from Terminator 2. Nanites fuse with her arms allowing them to go from an organic state to a metallic and malleable one. She has been able to achieve a certain level of mastery to where she can extend this malleable metal out of her arm to a maximum length of 1m so far. She is slowly learning that she can can interact with the nanites in other metal objects extended her reach and influence. The malleable metal seems to be an electric conductor.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Other Information]
Adrianna's abilities are best used for breaking and entering. Her abilities make it so there are very few doors or safes that she can't stick her hand in and manipulate the locking mechanisms. Adrianna has a slight passion for cooking. She's not really good at it, but she really wants to be. The most common use of her abilities has been practicing changing her fingers into different kinds of blades in order to help her cut vegetables. 

[/spoiler]

EDIT: Application is complete. Let me know if anything is unsatisfactory.

[spoiler='App']

Name: Vyle Regrim

Birthday: Nov 18th

[spoiler='Appearance']

5' 11", 168 lbs. Short to medium length dark brown hair, but not short enough to see his scalp. The back of his head and around the ears is an inch shorter then the top, and his fringe is an inch longer than the top. Clear, tan skin that can be dry at times. Rarely gets pimples. A focused brow overshadows softer, hazel eyes and long lashes. Straight teeth, lips with a sharp Cupid's bow. Slight stubble around the lips and chin. Slim, fit body that's just beginning to grow out of androgyny, his chest slightly wider than his torso. Typically seen in a white, thin, hooded long sleeve, similar to a cardigan, with red and beige fur lining the inside of the hood. Black, clasp type buttons line the front opening, and the shoulders are padded with dark brown leather. Wears light brown trousers that are slim-fitted close to his thighs and calves. His footwear is black leather boots that are fastened with three gold buckled straps. Wears two plain silver rings, one on each of his middle fingers.

He's told he has long fingers and a charming smile. He thinks his legs and feet are hairy.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Biography']

Vyle lived with his mother in a handsome part of Taern while his father traveled away to Sentralis for work. Vyle's never known what his father's occupation is and hasn't grown any curiosity to ask about it. With his father's well paying job, Vyle's family hasn't felt the hardship of poverty. Every month, his father would come home for at most two weeks, and though the hard working man slept half of the time, Vyle cherishes his time with his father.

His magic was first discovered while at a school. Vyle was trying to come up with an introduction for an essay; his pencil splintered and his paper crumpled and tore. Immediately after getting home, he told his mother of his discovery, who then told her husband. Vyle was then disenrolled and placed into a school that would help him better control his magic as well as provide required education.

Much of Vyle's life is what some would call normalcy. Being the new face in a school of magic did not hinder his studies or his ability to make friends. He'd even aspired to form what he believed would be his first love interest, but the notion of a "normal" life was stripped away when he'd found himself cuffed and in a wagon heading to who knows where with a strange man.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']

He is somewhat of a sloth. He savors leisure and any time in which he doesn't need to do anything. Despite this, he isn't an undetermined or incompetent individual. He isn't very sensitive when it comes to another's emotions, but he tries his best not to be too harsh despite that he isn't good at relating with someone's problems. This often leads to a sense of obliviousness or detachment on Vyle's part. He is also rather trusting to a point of borderline naivety.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Abilities Information']

As far as Vyle understands his magic, he breaks things. As to say, his nanites vibrate at extreme frequencies, which can become visible as a sort of wave in the air, and can destroy physical objects. Thus far in his practice, the hardest material he's broken was stone, causing a crack to propagate through the slab, but the feat was immensely strenuous and he almost fainted from the exertion. During his time at school, he often attempts for more precise applications, like carving away at a pencil, but it always end with him splintering the wood or shattering the lead inside. What Vyle does not know about his magic is that with his nanites vibrating violently, they can reach resonating frequencies with other nanites, metals, and even others' brain processes. With this, he'd be able to induce magnetism and generate high voltage but low current electricity in conductive metals, negate nanite functions such as magic, and disrupt another's thoughts. These abilities would only be achievable for a few seconds, even with the most rigorous of training, due to the fact that Vyle's nanites would need to vibrate at the constant resonant frequency to maintain this ability.

Prolonged exposure to Vyle while he is using his magic can induce headaches.

Vyle often falls victim to headaches, migraines, and nosebleeds while and after using his magic.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Other Information']

He can't really wrap his mind around hypothetical situations. He can lie to someone's face without the slightest sense of guilt. An excellent artist with pencils. Can't color, though.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Archived