[Finished]Dual-Skill Contest [Top Prize: 10000 Points]

Aix

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Ain]aU4wOhF.jpg
Banish 1 face-up monster on the field. Special Summon it to its owner's side of the field during the next Standby Phase. During your Draw Phase, you can set this card from your graveyard to your Spell and Trap card zone instead of conducting your normal draw.

I have serious problems with the fact that it’s a Quick-Play and doesn’t target. The non-targeting is really serious in a dual-application card. In the right conditions, this card can probably create a lock with its recurring ability and prevent any sort of comeback, especially in Decks like Spellbooks and Madolche.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Venoshock]Gate of Time
Spell Card
Type: Trap Card
Effect: Activate 1 of these effects:
● Target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was destroyed by battle; Special Summon that target.
● Tribute 1 monster: During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher monster from your Deck. (This Special Summon is also treated as a Tribute Summon.)

That Special Summon from the Deck is pretty damn powerful as it easily pulls out Monarchs, Archlord Kristya and other big Fairies, Garunix etc. at will to suit your situation. It’s just too much in one card and the other effect can be pretty useful as well, it’s situational-ness is eliminated by the fact that you have the other effect to use instead.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=TechGaynessMaster]1kxnASO.jpg
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuners
This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
During each player's End Phase, both players either:
-Send the top card of their deck to the graveyard.
OR
-Draw one card.
Both players must use the same effect, and you get to choose which one is applied.

Effect immunity on a 2650 ATK body is not okay, not to mention that it’s pretty damn easy to bring out being a Level 6 Synchro. Synchro Decks are really explosive, so the draw will probably benefit you a lot more than your opponent and set you up all too easily for an OTK.

Rating: TechGaynessMaster/10[/spoiler]

[spoiler=SunKistRebellion]Mystical Elixir
Normal Trap Card
-Target 1 face-up monster on the field; its ATK and DEF are halved, but its Level is treated as twice its original Level. Then, you may pay 1000 Life Points to banish this card in your Graveyard; the targeted monster's ATK, DEF and Level return to their original values.

Pretty cool for disrupting Synchro/Xyz plays and stuff and also serves as a Shrink, the second effect seems kinda useless you really wanted to dodge that Bottomless. Still not altogether useful enough, it would’ve been fine as a Quick-Play Spell.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Whora, the Commander of un-Sexy]0dF83EJ.jpg
Pretty cool overall for making that push. Bit iffy on the design which does promotes OTK and the ATK boost is a little too big, but otherwise quite solid.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Crimson Army]EKYyA6H.jpg
During either player's turn: You can discard this card to target a Xyz Monster on the field with 2 or more Xyz Materials; send all its Xyz Materials to the Graveyard, then toss a coin. ●Heads: The controller of the target selects 1 face-up monster they control and increases its ATK and DEF by 700. ●Tails: The controller of the target sends 1 card from their hand or side of the field to the bottom of the Deck, then draws 2 cards. Xyz Materials cannot be detached from the targeted card in response to this effect's activation.

Not useful at all as a disruption card if you’re going to be either turning that Xyz Monster you stopped into a beatstick instead or giving them a +1 and too situational as a self-boosting card as well as the fact that you can’t choose which effect to take.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dyson Sphere]AkreIF1.jpg
Target 1 monster on the field; it is unaffected by other card effects until the End Phase. Destroy it during the next Standby Phase after this card's activation.
Nice that it’s a Quick-Play. Solid, I guess, but not altogether useful as you don't usually protect stuff you don't mind getting destroyed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hikari-chan]2kxLHL9.jpg
Target 1 card you control; destroy that target, then activate 1 of these effects.
● You take no Battle Damage until the End Phase.
● You take no Effect Damage until the End Phase.
During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, if you would take a damage: You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.
Not really useful as it is quite situational and is a -2.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vector Nightmare]Necrodragon Vapula
LV 8 | DARK | Zombie
2100 | 2100
When a card or effect activates on the field: you can Banish 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard and 1 monster in your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Pretty nice actually. D.D. Crow + body wall is quite powerful. The low stats are just enough to stop some menaces, but your opponent should have no problem getting over it. Overall, quite good.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=TFMegamanlan]ED7E91E1-DEB4-44FF-B25C-8D5F2884D621-967
2 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn: During either Player's turn: You may detach 1 Xyz Material from this Card: Discard 1 Monster to activate one of the Following Effects:
• Add 1 Monster from your Deck to your Hand with the Less ATK then the Discarded Monster's DEF and the Same Level: You cannot Summon that Monster during this round.
• Target 1 Monster your Opponent controls: That Monster gains the DEF of the Discarded Monster but loses ATK equal to the Discarded Monster's ATK and cannot activate its effects this turn.

Round I’m going to take as either this turn or this two turns (yours and your opponent’s). Searching is too powerful and the fact is that is really too easily accessible at any time. The ATK decrease effect to go along with it for extreme versatility just adds insult to injury.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lord Loss]RI0Se0v.jpg
Pretty amusing actually. Surprise for the other possible OTK stopping effect is a possible trade-off that I might be willing to make, especially if I don’t actually have Gorz/Trag in my Deck. I like it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=LilHarp]6Insnph.jpg
Foolish Burial plus Spell Speed 3 monster effect negation is a no, especially when you don’t even have to negate the activated monster’s effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Scary Face]qjIJnnW.jpg
The fact that it is infinitely recurring does make up for the fact that it only banishes for a phase and the Life Point gain is a nice touch, however for the purposes of dodging, this card is a little strong as it lets a monster come right back in time for the Battle Phase or Main Phase 2. Nice enough though.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=I Hate Snatch Steal]timetraveler_zps89a04082.png
Would’ve liked the lore for a tiny card like this. Draw 2 on Special Summon is not really okay. Banish-bounce is not okay as it instantly removes Extra Deck monsters from the equation on Normal Summon. Overall, it’s not okay.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Someone]fOflMdk.jpg
During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your hand or Graveyard to target 1 monster on the field; until the End Phase, its effects are negated, but it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage from battles involving that target this turn.

Veiler’s already pretty powerful, but now you make something that has its effect and more, giving twice the power and you can even banish it from the Graveyard for the effect.[/spoiler]

Placement.
1. Vector Nightmare
2. Lord Loss
3. Sora the Whora

24 hours to argue and s*** before I give out the points. I also might make revisions to my judging on my own because judging so many cards at once isn't good for my mental state.

My argue is:

1) the first placement....well, you really like it so much? ok keep it there

2) second placement: it's a lame copy of maxx c + another obscene effect that can stupidly change the fate of a duel. No cost\condition logic in this card...did you read it?

3) third placement: the real name of this card should be "let's bring forbidden lance to 6 copies xDeck"....oh wait, is even better of forbidden lance, quite lame, no creativity.

I think you should choose better 2nd and 3rd.....and we can try to use a proxy of my card to show you what it can do, but tomorrow

My argue is:
1) the first placement....well, you really like it so much? ok keep it there
2) second placement: it's a lame copy of maxx c + another obscene effect that can stupidly change the fate of a duel. No cost\condition logic in this card...did you read it?
3) third placement: the real name of this card should be "let's bring forbidden lance to 6 copies xDeck"....oh wait, is even better of forbidden lance, quite lame, no creativity.

I think you should choose better 2nd and 3rd.....and we can try to use a proxy of my card to show you what it can do, but tomorrow

2. I wasn't judging on creativity here. Rather, the card is actually useful with the second effect preventing OTKs in Decks that don't have the space to run Trag/Gorz. If your opponent had even an ounce of brainpower, he'd be able to factor in the effect into his plans. I've never actually thought battle position changing would ever actually be useful like this.
3. It doesn't save your monster, only delays its death. You're not going to waste a card to just let a card live until the End Phase unless you were in a desperate situation. It's also useful with cards like Shura, Flamvel Firedog and Jurrac Guaiba, but requires a turn's setup.

2nd: creativity it's always paramount importance, otherwise what the h*ll would we be doing here?Its ocg is wrong too. it's a maxx c that can also with actually no cost change all opponent's monsters position too easily, i mean am i the only who sees this? you can't get rid of your opponent that easily. The 1st at least has some sort of balanced creativity + useful skill

3rd: well i have no words here. The game should evolve, introduce new mechanics and skills...re-making always the same things is boring and silly. Even if it delays the monster's destruction, we know that destruction isn't that sure, due to nowadays very fast synchro and xyz in any moment...take shura for example, of course it won't explode...and we're talking of invulnerability+1000atk lol

2nd: creativity it's always paramount importance, otherwise what the h*ll would we be doing here? it's a maxx c that can also with actually no cost change all opponent's monsters position too easily, i mean am i the only who sees this? you can't get rid of your opponent that easily. The 1st at least has some sort of balanced creativity + useful skill

3rd: well i have no words here. The game should evolve, introduce new mechanics and skills...re-making always the same things is boring and silly. Even if it delays the monster's destruction, we know that destruction isn't that sure, due to nowadays very fast synchro and xyz in any moment...take shura for example, of course it won't explode...and we're talking of invulnerability+1000atk lol

If your opponent had a brain and thought it would actually matter, he'd stop Special Summoning, just like with Maxx "C". The only time you continue Special Summoning after being Maxx "C" is if you can ensure game. Changing your opponent's monster's positions isn't even that important.

For a turn's setup, that kind of payoff is understandable. You're not going to be using this card unless you really need it or can properly make use of it like with a Shura, you won't be just throwing this card in like you would with Forbidden Lance.

Right, we already have maxx c as turn-killer, another one is useless. And changing all monsters battle position (with no cost) is devastating for decks focused on physical power, and usually because since you can generally change every position to every position, most monsters have high atk\def and low def\atk, so this part looks uselss, but it's all but useless. However i've said mine idea, i already see we have different point of views

I hardly think I should place in the top three, but drawing a card/milling during the End Phase assumes a few things. One: That I get another turn. Two: That the opponent getting the draw won't help them win. Also, I added that immunity so that his effect may go off without a hitch, but yeah it might have been a bit much. But that's somewhat similar to saying Felgrand is bad (not that I disagree).

Still, rather interesting cards.

I hardly think I should place in the top three, but drawing a card/milling during the End Phase assumes a few things. One: That I get another turn. Two: That the opponent getting the draw won't help them win. Also, I added that immunity so that his effect may go off without a hitch, but yeah it might have been a bit much. But that's somewhat similar to saying Felgrand is bad (not that I disagree).
Still, rather interesting cards.

I'm saying that it would help you more. Synchro Decks desperately want that one extra card, since they are all about assembling their combo pieces and striking your opponent down before they can do anything. In all seriousness, by your turn you would have two extra cards while your opponent only gets one card extra when they start their turn.

I'm saying that it would help you more. Synchro Decks desperately want that one extra card, since they are all about assembling their combo pieces and striking your opponent down before they can do anything. In all seriousness, by your turn you would have two extra cards while your opponent only gets one card extra when they start their turn.

In your opinion, 

1. Would making a Warrior-Tuner be a requirement help the....easy access to some decks?

2. Would the mill effect be used? And if Yes for 1, would this kill the mill effect or help it in anyway?

I honestly like the mill effect, not that drawing isn't preferred. But yeah, it does get into a +2 draw, I suppose....but I feel it would get rammed in a turn. Like "we gotta get this outta here" and des by battle. Or maybe I should lose the protection? I just wanna know what to do with the card. We need strong level 6's dangit.

2650 ATK is not something that can be easily run over. Especially as it is 2650, making it bigger than Gaia and a whole lot of cards. No one's going to mill instead of draw a card, unless they were literally desperate because the chances of milling what you want are stupidly low that your IQ would be very stupidly low to do it. A Warrior-Type Tuner would certainly justify it.

Axi, just curious.

Assuming my card targets, what will be its verdict?

A lot better, but I honestly don't like this kind of recurring ability as it gives you an option for a key card/answer just for being in the Graveyard. Just noticed that, amusingly, it returns to the owner's side of the field, so lol Big Eye and etc.

I agree with Aix decisions. Congrats to the Top 3.

Regarding my card, although Garunix already has Onslaught, it's true that you can still Summon Krystia or other powerful Bosses. I did think in limiting it to Level 5~6 monsters only, but at the same time I wanted to support obscure Level 7+ monsters that nobody plays because they don't have an inherent Summon or decent support (e.g. Perfect Machine King, most big Dinosaurs). I thought making the card as a Trap would balance the second effect, but I guess it wasn't enough.

So, I'm not going to argue negatively about cards that were placed in the top 3, as most possible complaints have already been logged. My one point is that you seem to have missed that Mystical Elixir can be used to get out your own higher Level/Rank Synchros and XYZs as well as inhibit your opponent's ability to execute those types of summons. It is not only a defensive tool, but also an offensive one. Oh, and I think you're right; I should have made it a quick play. That's all I have to say.

So, I'm not going to argue negatively about cards that were placed in the top 3, as most possible complaints have already been logged. My one point is that you seem to have missed that Mystical Elixir can be used to get out your own higher Level/Rank Synchros and XYZs as well as inhibit your opponent's ability to execute those types of summons. It is not only a defensive tool, but also an offensive one. Oh, and I think you're right; I should have made it a quick play. That's all I have to say.

I thought about that, but it's too clunky for that kind of use. It's an option, but not a particularly viable one.

Well, without further ado, I will hand out the prizes.

Archived