Made A New Account, Something Went Wrong

NoshpalStefan

Question

Hello everyone;

So, recently, I decided to make a new account here on YCM. I had a few issues with this one which I couldn't entirely fix - the reasons behind this are not too important, to be perfectly frank.

In either case, I created a new account by connecting to my Twitter (since Facebook had been connected to this one, so at the time I had to use the Twitter option). The account's name goes under NoshpalStefan - but, since I created it and authorized it and everything, each time I log in, on any page of the forum I go to, I get a message that I'm not authorized / allowed to visit this forum, or something along those lines. In fact, this shows up even when I try to sign out, so I have to delete my computer's cookies so that I can actually sign out.

Does anyone know a way to fix this issue? I am even more specifically needing moderator assistance here, as this problem genuinely seems rather odd to me, so the account might need to be deleted and made again, or something along those lines.

As for the rules of the entire situation, I know it's probably rather strict and perhaps not allowed to make a second account - seems to be so by logic alone, as having two accounts would permit for constant posting between the two and an increase in post count by unfair methods; I do, however, assure you that this is not the case. I do not entirely know if there's a way to delete an account on this forum - but, if there is, I would like to know it so I can close this one and an issue does not ensue of this whole situation - if nothing more, the moderators can permanently ban this account as long as they find a way to fix the issue with the other one. Again, this is not a means to unfairness, simply one to personal preference and issues with this current account.

So, if anyone can help me with this issue, it'd be extremely appreciated.

25 answers to this question

You're honestly a life saver. Ideally, changing my display name, email, and login details of this account would be wonderful, as I would get to retain all my posts and points and so on. However, I do not know if that's possible, as the name and login details are taken by the banned account.

In either case, if the first option doesn't work, I'd be more than glad regarding the second option as well, and in both cases I am incredibly thankful.

The name of the banned account is NoshpalStefan. Do tell me if the first option is in any way possible so I can PM you the password (since you'd be changing the login details).

Again, thank you very much.

Your login name and email has been changed to the ones that were on NoshpalStefan and I deleted that account, but I didn't touch your password. You can change your password yourself in Edit Profile.

Your login name and email has been changed to the ones that were on NoshpalStefan and I deleted that account, but I didn't touch your password. You can change your password yourself in Edit Profile.

Most sincerely, thank you. This topic had dragged on for 2 pages, but I give you my most honest kudos for being the one who solved the issue. *hands imaginary cookies*

Question for you: Is this a recent issue that happened? Were you previously using that 'Via twitter' account with no issue, and just within say...the last week or so, the issue cropped up? Or is this the first time attempting it, and it isn't working right?

Previously I had attempted to connect YCM to my Twitter account and it had an abundance of misconfigurations, such as not really being able to do so and causing error messages. In saying so, this does make sense that it would cause some problems when trying to connect it to the newly-made accounts.

Edit: If you were asking if I had created the new account and it was working fine and it only became like this once I connected it to Twitter - no, I had created the new account by Signing Up through Twitter instead of entering all the personal info; in short, no, the account has been malfunctioning ever since I created it.

In any case, is there any real way to fix this? The only reason I used to Connect To Twitter option to create it was because there was some problem when I was entering the characters for my personal info (you know, the ones that prove you're not a robot), and it wouldn't accept any answer I gave, even after several tries.

As I stated multiple times, I'm reseting my entire social media circle (Twitter and YCM among others) because of some trouble with log in creditentials, email problems, etc. - it's not for any unfair use, once again as I said before.

In either case, is there any way to unban it (even if it means permanently banning this one to be assured that it won't be used for unfair use / posting) - all I really need is that new account.

I posted it in the primary post - I had some issues with the log in info, my email, and other things, so I thought it be best that I just create a new account; I am fully supportive of the idea of removing or permanently banning this one as long as the other one functions.

PS. I signed into the other one to see the specifics behind it thinking they might help, aka copy-pasting exactly what it says so that this can be fixed. Here it is: it just gives me these three major things on every page that I try to visit on this forum, including the Sign Out button:

"Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

That's the most highlighted sentence on the page.

"You are not allowed to visit this community."

That's right below the highlighted one.

"#1001"

That's the code that appears right next to the highlighted sentence.

Think someone might be able to help me fix this?

I'm well aware of that. I just had to ask the question to flow into the next one. And I think it is too late to save the other account since you already "connected" it to Twitter.

Even if it may be so, is there any way for both accounts (this one and the other one) to be completely deleted, so that I can make the new one again (this time without connecting it to Twitter or Facebook), thus bringing joy to both sides of the argument?

Even if it may be so, is there any way for both accounts (this one and the other one) to be completely deleted, so that I can make the new one again (this time without connecting it to Twitter or Facebook), thus bringing joy to both sides of the argument?

There was a way in the Admin CP back when YCM had MyBB, but I'm not sure if that is possible with iPB. Both accounts would probably have to be banned to get anywhere close to deletion

There was a way in the Admin CP back when YCM had MyBB, but I'm not sure if that is possible with iPB. Both accounts would probably have to be banned to get anywhere close to deletion

That's a shame - I thought there might have been a somewhat simple way of doing so, but I suppose not. Well, do inform me (this, of course, goes for any moderator) if there might be a way to resolve this issue. And, as always, thank you for any and all help provided.

That's a shame - I thought there might have been a somewhat simple way of doing so, but I suppose not. Well, do inform me (this, of course, goes for any moderator) if there might be a way to resolve this issue. And, as always, thank you for any and all help provided.

Well, I'm not a mod. Your best chance is to PM a Super Mod (Night, evilfusion, or Legend Zero) the situation. They have the best chance of helping you.

You can just, like, change your Display name and email on this site. I can also change your login details as well if you want.

If you still insist, direct me to the Profile of your new account and I'll unban it while banning this one.

You're honestly a life saver. Ideally, changing my display name, email, and login details of this account would be wonderful, as I would get to retain all my posts and points and so on. However, I do not know if that's possible, as the name and login details are taken by the banned account.

In either case, if the first option doesn't work, I'd be more than glad regarding the second option as well, and in both cases I am incredibly thankful.

The name of the banned account is NoshpalStefan. Do tell me if the first option is in any way possible so I can PM you the password (since you'd be changing the login details).

Again, thank you very much.

Dump this account, dump the old account. Make a new gmail account. Make a new YCM account. Don't be stupid and connect it with Twitter or Facebook. Connect it with your new gmail.

The newly-made account has the name that I use on all my social media sites / the one I really want to use. That is why I'm so pushy on not going the "delete and remake everything option".

The newly-made account has the name that I use on all my social media sites / the one I really want to use. That is why I'm so pushy on not going the "delete and remake everything option".

You can just, like, change your Display name and email on this site. I can also change your login details as well if you want.

If you still insist, direct me to the Profile of your new account and I'll unban it while banning this one.

Archived