Afterlight [ OOC / PG-16 / Started / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by the sexy Axi ]

Astolfo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• No factories.

• There are some "poor"er people and some who don't really live in homes, but it's not too severe. It's rather balanced out.

• Politicians aren't really something that exists (as people view them now). People sometimes try to garner favor, but it is almost entirely left to the people.

• There's not really any sort of "best education", as no one really has/knows enough for something like that, and even if there were to be something like it, only like a handful would even be able to attend anyways.

• There is no government, besides a pseudo-one (Council) and some mild theocracy (Aix Vitae), but people don't really worship him anymore.

• There's no machines that would be sophisticated enough for stuff like that.

• Why does this sound like some sort of military futuristic world rather than more of a near ancient, crude society underground?

• So, where would any of them know about combat training/duress/torture/etc? Even the Council members are descended long past, and almost no one would even have the slightest recollection of actual combat/anything related knowledge besides from stories or such.

• No one in Isahron can legally carry a weapon (except when sent out, to make it seem like at least they have some what of a chance).

• Clothing like that would've taken a ridiculously long time to make, as well as the fact where the materials come from.

• Antisocial is a possible personality, but for RPs, it's not really conducive, but either way, your choice more of on this one.

• No factories.

• There are some "poor"er people and some who don't really live in homes, but it's not too severe. It's rather balanced out.

• Politicians aren't really something that exists (as people view them now). People sometimes try to garner favor, but it is almost entirely left to the people.

• There's not really any sort of "best education", as no one really has/knows enough for something like that, and even if there were to be something like it, only like a handful would even be able to attend anyways.

• There is no government, besides a pseudo-one (Council) and some mild theocracy (Aix Vitae), but people don't really worship him anymore.

• There's no machines that would be sophisticated enough for stuff like that.

• Why does this sound like some sort of military futuristic world rather than more of a near ancient, crude society underground?

• So, where would any of them know about combat training/duress/torture/etc? Even the Council members are descended long past, and almost no one would even have the slightest recollection of actual combat/anything related knowledge besides from stories or such.

• No one in Isahron can legally carry a weapon (except when sent out, to make it seem like at least they have some what of a chance).

• Clothing like that would've taken a ridiculously long time to make, as well as the fact where the materials come from.

• Antisocial is a possible personality, but for RPs, it's not really conducive, but either way, your choice more of on this one.

1. I changed it from running a factory to him having a factory to running a stall with clothing in the marketplace

2. I can change that, but I meant to make it seem like she was well provided for not rich

3. By politician I meant a member of the Council, as I was under the impression that they were the governing body

4. I would assume there has to be some form of higher education, as you can't expect the Council to competently run a civilization with same education as everyone else. For anyone to learn their trade their would have to be some sort of specialty schools.

5. See point three

6-8. Well I mean they have enough technological know-how to send people up in ships to the surface, I don't see how equipment to make an obstacle course would be that complicated. The first thing you would want to do if you found out one of your citizens had the ability to see the future would be to make it use its maximum potential in anyone possible, right?

9. I don't understand to which part you are referring too

10. From what I understand Israhon is rocky terrain, so those clothes are everyday wear for her not just specifically made for the expedition. As for the materials simple black and gold string would do for the main part of it, easily found metal for the buttons.

I apologize if any of this comes across as rude, but I've been having a very stressful week, and I'm trying to be polite as possible when I say this, so again I apologize if any of this seems snarky or rude 

The trade is basically handed down from generation to generation, or if the person wants to do something else, they either have to learn it themselves or get someone to teach them.

If they think someone might be able to see the future, they'd either doubt it in most cases, or try to just cover it up.

Isahron is basically an underground city in this island pillar thing. The ship thing just means you go up the pillar to the shore and then take the boats and leave. Boats are carried up by logs (rolling) + brute force + ropes (not really any efficient pulley system though)

Where you said she was one of the few who could legally carry a weapon. Not even Councillors can. Only those about to leave can, as they won't come back.

Yes, Isahron is basically underground cave systems/etc. The picture just looked fancy, that makes sense. Perhaps yellow though rather than a gold.

Anyways, it's fine, I understand.

The trade is basically handed down from generation to generation, or if the person wants to do something else, they either have to learn it themselves or get someone to teach them.

If they think someone might be able to see the future, they'd either doubt it in most cases, or try to just cover it up.

Isahron is basically an underground city in this island pillar thing. The ship thing just means you go up the pillar to the shore and then take the boats and leave. Boats are carried up by logs (rolling) + brute force + ropes (not really any efficient pulley system though)

Where you said she was one of the few who could legally carry a weapon. Not even Councillors can. Only those about to leave can, as they won't come back.

Yes, Isahron is basically underground cave systems/etc. The picture just looked fancy, that makes sense. Perhaps yellow though rather than a gold.

Anyways, it's fine, I understand.

Alright that makes sense, I'll edit see if another idea I've got works. I'll have it done it a few hours, cause I've an art project I want to get a little further in, and scratch board is not a friendly or forgiving medium.

Alright I've finished, hopefully this time the bio works.

@Admiral: I question how a pregnant woman would be lugging around a cannon with two cannonballs on top of three other weapons. And how much ammo and gunpowder is she carrying?

@demivee: Why is Ahri carrying around useless guns? Magnetism and sound really don't have anything in relation, but alright.

@Admiral: I question how a pregnant woman would be lugging around a cannon with two cannonballs on top of three other weapons.

Um... she's vewy stronk, I guess? I suppose I could always drop the extra cannonball and shed a few pounds off the weight of the cannon itself :/

As for ammo and gunpowder, Madeline will probably get them when everyone gets their weapons.

@Aix. Don't really have a reason, really. Just that he found them. If it'd be better to drop some of them, that's fine with me. The sound and magnetism thing is because Ahri's magic, once attained, will be based on altering frequencies, such as in light and sound. Changes in frequency can effect many different materials in different ways.

Aix finds all the apps fine, so I'll close off registration for now.

Also, all apps are accepted (Just made it into 5.) :D

Also, the bestiary will be filled out as we go, like a Pokedex, and I decided to let you guys participate as well. Just remember they will all be fantasy style creatures. Dragons will be non-existent (in basically every important aspect, so no to that), however, most other things will go.

Cloister from DeviantArt has basically the exact kinds of creatures I was considering, although I wasn't sure what to put in yet.

EDIT: A friend is sorting through some of the ones I might want, and he'll filter out the list for me, so I might use that.

Aix finds all the apps fine, so I'll close off registration for now.

Also, all apps are accepted (Just made it into 5.) :D

Also, the bestiary will be filled out as we go, like a Pokedex, and I decided to let you guys participate as well. Just remember they will all be fantasy style creatures. Dragons will be non-existent (in basically every important aspect, so no to that), however, most other things will go.

Cloister from DeviantArt has basically the exact kinds of creatures I was considering, although I wasn't sure what to put in yet.

EDIT: A friend is sorting through some of the ones I might want, and he'll filter out the list for me, so I might use that.

Sweet! So when shall we start?

Archived