Afterlight [ OOC / PG-16 / Started / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by the sexy Axi ]

Astolfo

@Neph/Aix: Damien's light manipulation magic seems awkward to me, and I was wondering if I could change it. Seeing as magic hasn't been introduced I didn't think it would prove to be much of a problem, but I wanted to check with you two before I did anything. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess in truth it isn't really changing it, but rather replacing it. I would like to add a magical ability known as Preflex. It is similar to a Spidey-Sense in that it alerts Damien to emminent danger by giving him a look into the future by just a few seconds. Damien will eventually be able to train his ability to see further into the future, perhaps turning into the ability to scry.

Alright, here is what I had planned in full.

Clairvoyance: Damien is a rare breed of magician known as a Clairvoyant. To truly harness the power of Clairvoyance it takes years of proper training and practice, neither of which Damien has access to. As a result his powers as a clairvoyant are latent and weaker than they would normally be. In fact, prior to leaving Isahron, Damien never even received a vision. After being introduced to the magically charged air, Damien's powers as a clairvoyant began to manifest. At first, Damien only develops the first ability known as Preflex. It alerts Damien to eminent danger by giving him a glimpse into the future over the next few seconds. As Damien gets more comfortable with his clairvoyant powers, he will start to receive longer visions of the present, but the visions come at random and Damien is not able to control their timing or duration. These continue for quite awhile, often leaving Damien with terrible head aches. Without training, Damien can then only enter the third stage of being a clairvoyant in which he is able to view present happenings through means of scrying in a reflective surface. Doing so requires casting a spell on a reflective surface, maintaining a constant flow of energy towards that surface, and having been at the place you are scrying or at least know the person that you are scrying. If you do not know the setting then you will benot able to view where the person is, but rather be met with a black background only able to view the person that you are focusing on. Note, you are not able to contact people via scrying it is merely an image not a connection. 

I'd rather not have another clairvoyant, personally.

If you are just looking for ideas, maybe stuff like

- thread based powers (as in creating magical threads that would also allow you to set up traps and stuff which can either harm intruders or simply alert you when they are disturbed, like a spider)

- heat-based power

- idk, I kinda like the thread power lol

- none come to mind immediately

Anyway, I'll get a post in soon, Neph.

It is supposed to tie into his protective instinct. The clairvoyance was meant to be used so that he could still look after Adam and Carmen once he left Isahron, but I understand that clairvoyance can potentially become a tool to meta game and power play. The Preflex could be a latent ability from the quick reflexes that he had to establish scrapping in the streets and stealing food to live. 

Ren, you kind of just ignored Alice coming up to your group in your post...

I do apologize, in my haste to get a post in I must have skipped over your post. Will make an edit.

EDIT: A change has been made, two paragraphs added at the beginning of the post. 

Aix is going to make a post with the ships leaving, if he posts before some of you reply to my newest plot post, don't worry.

Just reply to my plot post as normal, make a divider of some sort so it's visible (like a --- or something) and then just reply to the next plot post.

^^

Archived