[Finished]Teddie's first contest-Support our Monsters!

Gregory the Gregory

So my card was Knight of the Red Lotus who has an awesome effect of swarming the field with low level Normal Monsters. He can be Normal Summoned, but also Special Summoned by having exactly 3 Normal Monster in Grave, which is sort of difficult. The cards I make will help recycle partially the materials banished to Summon him, as well as to make the Summon condition easier, and also provide more potential to use with those low level Normal Monsters that he summons. If used properly, those 2 cards can swarm like or closely like meta decks!

[spoiler=Show]

9chaDbY.jpg

Lores:

You can only use 1 effect of "Icyro - The Normal Ruler" per turn, and only once that turn. ①: If a Normal Monster(s) is banished from your Graveyard: You can discard 1, then Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). ②: When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Target 1 banished Normal Monster: Special Summon that target.

Huggbmd.jpg

Lores:

You can only activate 1 "Little Red Devils" per turn. ①: You can target up to 2 Normal Monsters in your Graveyard; banish that target(s) and activate 1 of the following effects:
● Send up to 2 monsters with the same name as 1 of the banished monsters from your Deck and/or your hand to the Graveyard.
● Special Summon any number of "Little Red Devil Token" (Fiend-type/Tuner/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your side of the field, up to the number of Normal Monster banished by this card.

[/spoiler]

My card was Dice Jar that have a very Powerful Effect, it can cause an OTK if your result is 6 and your opponent have less than 6000 LP + it works well in a burn Deck. Thus, this card can make you lose the duel since it's based on Luck !! That's why I made these two cards that profit from the negative effect of "Dice Jar".

[spoiler='Let's "Gamble" !!']

436993LV6TheMischievousGambler.png

Once per turn, when you roll a die: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or graveyard. Once per turn, if you would take damage by an effect that requires Rolling a Die; Activate 1 of these Effects:

Reduce that Damage to 0.

Halve that Damage, and if you do, this card gains that same amount of ATK.

722012SGamblingUntilWeDie.png

When you activate an effect that requires to roll a die once; Roll a six-sided die. If you do; you can apply this card's result for that effect.

[/spoiler]

Assuming Teddie will give his marks within a reasonable time frame (and if Megamanlan shows himself), I'll go ahead and post my grades for you guys [since I did sign up to help with the judging and all]

For a note of how I'll grade, the following scale shall be used.

Balance (10)

OCG/Grammar (10)

Creativity (10)

Since TC is using a 50-point scale as opposed to 30 on my end; I'll scale mine by 5/3 (1.67). Also, keep in mind that I will be taking the average of the two cards.

So, I guess the formula for determining your grade is thus: (0.5[A+B]) x 1.67 OR 0.833 [A + B]

Gadjiltron

Monster

B: 8

C: 6
O: 10

Total: 24

Spell

B: 9
C: 8.5

Total: 27.5

5/6 (24 + 27.5) = 42.92

NerdBoy

Monster

B: 6 (a Level 3 monster with 2500 ATK is still very deadly, even if it has an attack lock on it. Even so, Skill Drain turns this into a beater that gets around Gravity Bind or some other stuff). Especially considering that it cuts the opponent to 2 cards in tandem with Wobby otherwise.

C: 7
O: 6

Total: 19

Spell

B: 5
C: 6

O: 9

Total: 20

Score: 5/6 (19+20) = 32.5

netman089

Monster

C: 8

Total: 26

Spell

B: 7

Total: 24

Score: 5/6 (26+24) = 41.67

afunwom

Monster

B: 8.5

Total: 26.5

Spell

O: 8.5

Total: 24.5

Score: 5/6 (26.5 + 24.5) = 42.5

Time23

Monster

B: 7

O: 7.5

Total: 21.5

Spell

C: 9
O: 9

Total: 26

Score: 5/6 (21.5 + 26) = 39.58

Alright! my judging is finally done! *gulps down my 40th cafinated soda since I Started* Here ya all go:

So here's my judging criteria:

Creativity (C) (*/10) - how unique is your card? Have we seen this kind of card before or is it new? 10 is best.

Balance (B) (*/10) - Is your card a good card? Is it broken? Could it be easily abused? 1 is OP or completely useless whereas 10 is strong but balanced.

Functional (F) (*/10) - Does it work with the card that you were given to make the card work with? Does it work with other cards too or would it possibly not work?

OCG Grammar (OCG) (*/5) - is the Grammar of the card accurate?

I may also have notes as well.

Total points: (*/70) - This is the total of both cards submitted.

Gadjitron - Junkyard Scrapper
C - 6/10 - This card is unique as it can work with most Machine decks as a good option, and a fairly creative way to make use of big monsters.
B - 4/10 - It's fairly balanced as this won't be too strong, easy to run over, but can still be used to get a quick plus. The only problem I see is that there is a lot of targets for this card to pop to get more pluses quickly.
F - 8/10 - this card works perfectly with Aye-Iron, making use of its effect while dodging his negative effect. Plus it also works well with other decks like Cyber Dragons, Machina, and many Other Machine decks and can even use up already used cards (like Gear Gigant X)
OCG 5/5 - Really good OCG.

Notes: The only concern that I see with this card is that it may become a staple for Machine decks as you can easily Xyz Gear Gigant X, search a Machine then Use this to pop X and Draw 2 so that's a +3 or at very very least a +1 but that may just be something that could be annoying. There is also easy way to just SS Cyber Dragon, Summon this, pop Cyber Dragon, Draw 2 then play Repair Plant which just deck-thinned 3 cards in your deck. Also this technically would be apart of the Junk archetype.

Parallel Mode
C 3/10 - I've seen a lot of cards that are like this and still are less restrictive then this. Machina Armored Unit is just one example.

B 5/10 - To be honest this isn't really that OP as it does let you drop another monster for basically free which means another attack. Overall I can see this being used as a final push of sorts more then using it to combo with Junkyard Scavenger if at all.

F 3/10 - Again, this would probably be used for game-ending over its intended use... I think that's most of what will be used.

OCG 5/5 - Again, good OCG.

Total: 39/70

Nerdboy - Card Robot
C 2/10 - This just has that feel of an anime card, then the attack is really just dumb. But again, it's happened before. I do like it having that whole "you can Draw 5 but can't use them" effect.

B 4/10 - this card thanks to it's ATK doesn't even need the cannot die in Battle clause. Overall, the card is fairly unbalanced as there really is no downside to this card. Plus combining with cards like Axe of Fools, Effect Veiler, By Order of an Emperor, or Skill Drain gives you a 2500+ Monster that can attack while Gravity Bind is up and has no real disadvantage considering the strongest LV4 is only 2400 ATK.

F 2/10 - This will most likely be just thrown into Skill Drain decks to first screw up Opponent's then just Skill Drain and attack. Plus to be honest I don't see this working that much with Silent Wobby...

OCG 2/5 - we don't use "play" for a card that can't be used anymore in the Duel. The correct Grammar is "When this Card is Normal Summoned: Your Opponent must Draw 5 Cards, and if they do: Those cards cannot be used until their next End Phase." Also Silent Wobby has the same Hand Shrink effect, but it doesn't have the "While this card is Face-up on the Field" effect.

Hand Destroyer
C 4/10 - This was actually the same card effect as an anime card except that it didnt require Silent Wobby and could be used but the card had to be discarded if a Monster was drawn. So meh

B 7/10 - As this card actually needs Silent Wobby to even function, and I like the whole "Draw but it can't be used this turn" overall it's fairly balanced.

F 4/10 - There is no way this won't work without Silent Wobby which is a plus. The problem is though, it doesn't work anywhere else either. And I'm not sure someone'd run this card if they were running Silent Wobby too.

OCG 2/5 - again, Use not play. And this card would be worded like this: "Your Opponent's Hand limit is decreased by 1. During their Standby Phase: Your Opponent must Draw 1 Card, if they do: that card cannot be used until their End Phase. You can only activate and resolve the effects of "Hand Destroyer" if your Opponent controls a Face-up "Silent Wobby"."

Notes: Silent Wobby isn't that bad of a card, the main thing though is your cards are either OP or UP. Which is a major negative there.

Total: 27/70

Netman089 - Bhuta

C 6/10 - I like the idea of the attack and then it protects you during your next turn like Crimson Blader's effect triggers. While I generally don't like Spirits, I can see this one having a good use in a lot of decks.

B 6/10 - I can see this card being annoying with Spirits and getting them to perhaps use Treeborn and Double Summon's.

F 10/10 - This works perfectly with the Immortal Bushi and its not that broken anyway so I like how this really supports the card given.

OCG 5/5 - Nothing wrong that I can tell OCG-wise.

Arena for the Forgotten
C 7/10 - I like this idea, it's weak enough to not be in everyone's Side Deck but also makes some fun plays with cards that can only deal with Warrior's in the Grave (like a Warrior returning Alive) so I like this card.

B 5/10 - This card is a bit weak even if it could cause some shenanigans with the Warrior Returning Alive.

F 7/10 - I'm sure this card will function as intended and as there aren't that many other cards that can take advantage of this one's effect, that's pretty nice too.

OCG 4/5 - You don't need to say "Warrior-Type Monsters." Warrior-Type works just fine considering that is the current OCG too. That's the only reason why this isn't a 5 though. Good Job.

Total: 50/70

Afunworm - Icyro - The Normal Ruler
C 6/10 - I like how this is basically made to Xyz Summon and the second effect works even when you do Xyz Summon.

B 8/10 - This is fairly balanced as it requires a rare occurrence to Summon itself and an even rarer occurrence for it to really go off.

F 7/10 - The only time I could see this being used outside of what your idea for it is against DD decks or in a Chaos Dragon deck, and both of those it will rarely happen anyway, so it's fairly balanced and will function just as you planned.

OCG 5/5 - No OCG Problems I can tell.

Little Red Devils
C 5/10 - The first effect seems okay, I can't say I like the whole double Foolish all that great, but meh... The Tuner tokens are cool though.

B 4/10 - This seems fairly UP to me. The Foolish Burial makes me think that this may have some ideas in a Blue-Eyes Deck or Gemini's but then again, both have better options to go to. Again, I like the Tuner Tokens though.

F 6/10 - This will work exactly as your planning it, but the problem is that it won't do much else. Even most decks that use Normal Monsters (ie Blue-Eyes, Hereatics, etc.) would probably either just use a tuner Monster or cards like Dragon's Shrine anyway.

OCG 4/5 - This card has pretty good OCG... Just one note: the effects I'm fairly sure would be 2 and 3 (not sure on that though) and the Banishing the 2 Normal's makes it sound like its a cost because of that "and". Because of how it's worded it should be a "then" or (if its a cost) a "to".

Total: 45/70

TEM 23 - The Mischievous Gambler
C 4/10 - The Special Summon is okay-ish. The second effect is almost completely reliant on Dice Jar (as I can't think of any card besides that which had a dice roll and has the player take damage...

B 1/10 - the card is quite underpowered and possibly will be less used then Dice Jar is to be honest. (I would have attempted to get this card to work more with Snipe Hunter as well as Dice Jar)

F 3/10 - this card really won't work with any other card that I can think of. As the effect isn't really worth the cost or the room in most decks.

OCG 3/5 - First off the Summon effect should be worded like this: "When a Card Effect is activated that requires a Dice Roll: You may Special Summon this card (from your Hand or Graveyard). You can only Summon 1 "The Mischievous Gambler" this way per turn."

Gamble till we Die!!
C 2/10 - This is basically Dice Re-Roll as a Quick-play Spell card.

B 8/10 - This is actually balanced as most players would rather have a card like Double Coin Toss for Dice that isn't a slow Trap.

F 6/10 - I can see this being used in gamble decks and beings fairly useful.

OCG 1/5 - As Dice Re-Roll actually just had an update to it's effect, this would have basically the same wording:
"You can only activate this card if you rolls a die, you can re-roll that die. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)"

Total: 18/70

My Top 3: 1st Netman089 (50/70), 2nd Afunworm (45/70), 3rd Gadjitron (39/70)

Sorry for taking so long. I had a lot of comments for the cards which made my judging take a lot longer then expected.

Now that this is done, I'm gonna nap. *collapses onto the floor and dozes off*

It took you a while, but at least you got scores in.

Hopefully Teddy remembers to judge his own contest and award prizes (provided people haven't already forgotten about this)

As for scoring, since both Teddy and I are using 50 point scales in contrast to your 70; I'm assuming he'll scale yours by 5/7 to be equal [I already did mine by 5/3].

• 3 weeks later...

Considering how the TC hasn't done anything, yeah it is over.

Prize-wise, I could simply award the winners likes in lieu of reps; though I am currently busy with final exams so can't summate the scores (especially since TF never scaled his ratings down accordingly).

Bring this up with a Super Mod and they may be able to refund your points (or simply strip them off Teddie's one and distribute accordingly)

Archived