[Finished]Teddie's first contest-Support our Monsters!

Gregory the Gregory

REQUIREMENT:
I will PM you an effect monster, and you must makemake an effect monster and spell/trap card to support it!

FEE:
To enter, the fee is 10 points.

REWARDS:
1st: 50% of the pot
2nd: 30% of the pot
3rd: The rest.

JUDGING:
I will be judging based on this:
Originality: /10
Creativity: /10
Playability: /20
Other: /10

Entries must be in by April 1st, 2:00 P.M. EST

Entrants:
1. afunworm
2. TwistedFlameApe
3. Doctor Doom
4. Gadjiltron
5. Netman089
6. NerdBoy

7. Time 23

I will also be needing judges! The other judges can choose to judge by their own accords.

Judges:
1. Teddie
2. TFMegamanlan
3. Sakura Haruno

And last but not least, have fun!

So, the card I've been assigned is Aye-Iron. It has decent 1600/1800 base stats and the ability to boost its ATK - however in doing so it deprives itself of the ability to attack. Lame.

How else could one capitalize on the increased ATK? How about turning it into a source of draw?

Thus, Junkyard Scavenger was born.

98KkLml.jpg

Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Machine-Type monster you control with 2000 or more ATK; draw 2 cards.

The initial plans were to draw cards according to every 1000 ATK that Tributed Machine had, in order to turn Aye-Iron into a draw 2 with its ATK boost. But then I realized that would be difficult to word according to PSCT since the likely outcome is that the original ATK would be read instead, rendering the ATK boost moot. Also, combine with a Machine about to blow up with Limiter Removal and you get a crazy awesome drawfest. We can't have unintended card interactions this absurd, right?

Then I took a second look at the contest rule: Monster and Spell/Trap. So I thought, why not turn this into a small draw engine?

vRaj4Qf.jpg

When you Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster: You can target 1 Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard with the same Level, ATK and DEF, but with a different name, as the Summoned monster; Special Summon that target. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect.

The intended combo: NS Aye-Iron/Junkyard Scavenger, SS the other with Parallel Model, boost Aye-Iron, sac it to Scavenger, draw. To prevent this from turning into a convenient Rank 1~4 Xyz Summon, or to prevent multiple copies from interacting with each other, I tacked on a no-other-Special-Summon clause at the end.

I've looked through the entire Machine roster to see what other cards can interact with Parallel Model, due to the Special Summoned monster being fully functional. The worst I've seen is Cyber Valley pulling out any of a wide variety of LV1 0/0 Machines, but it banishes them for its draw effect, restricting how much it can loop with Parallel Model. The "different name" clause is included to prevent revival of duplicates - besides, it goes against the flavour of being a similar, but not quite the same, monster.

So,i got Silent Wobby.Its isnt the best card to get.It can be special summoned on your opponents side of the field,then you draw a card and your opponent gains 2000 LP.Then your opponents hand size limit becomes 3.

So,i was thinking to make some cards that will make your opponents hand size limit even smaller and make him draw more cards.

[attachment=41015:createcard.puuhp.jpeg]

Lore: When this card is Normal Summoned: Your opponent draws 5 cards. Your opponent cannot play those cards until their next End Phase. While this card is face-up on the field,your opponent's hand size limit is decreased by 1. Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. This card cannot attack.

This card will make him draw 5 cards,and decrease his hand size limit by 1. Pretty good combination with Silent Wobby.

ihe4XFx.jpg

Lore: While "Silent Wobby" is on your opponent's side of the field,your opponent's hand size limit is decreased by 1 and he must draw 1 card during his Standby Phase. Your opponent cannot play that card until his next End Phase.

When you special summoon Silent Wobby on your opponents side of the field,you can activate this card to force your opponent to draw cards and discard them because of the hand size limit.

So I got Immortal Bushi for my challenge. While it's faceup it can only be Tributed to Summon a Warrior-Type, and during your Standby Phase it can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard if you control no monsters and all monsters in your Graveyard are Warrior-Type monsters. Seemed to me like a Treeborn Frog for Warrior-Types.

I figured the best way to use a monster like this is for a high-level Warrior-Type Spirit monster, "Bhuta".

qvj3Whi.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]
Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you take no Battle Damage from direct attacks until your next turn.
[/spoiler]

My Trap Card "Arena of the Forgotten":
Fe0yhBI.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]
While you control no monsters, all monsters in your Graveyard become Warrior-Type monsters. If you control a face-up non-Warrior-Type monster, destroy this card.
[/spoiler]

The idea is that you can Special Summon Bushi during your Standby Phase to Tribute Summon Bhuta. Being a Spirit monster, Bhuta would return to your hand, setting up for you to do the same thing during your next turn. Bhuta's effect prevents you from taking damage from direct attacks, with the intent to survive for another turn.
Arena of the Forgotten is to allow non-Warrior Type monsters in your Graveyard and to improve your chances of SSing Bushi. I chose to make it a Trap Card, as opposed to a Spell Card, so that it can be activated before your Standby Phase.

Archived