Soul Charge

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back at something like Cyber Stein, you pay 5k to SS something like Cyber End Dragon or Thousand Eyes Restrict. Now on an empty field, you use this card and pay 5k. Now you have 5 Cyber End Dragons and/or Thousand Eye Restricts. Alongside Pendulum spam, TT and Needle Ceiling is getting some valuable treatment. But TCG Konami alongside this just shouts out "money whore".

Got to admit, I'm a bit horrified by this card.

Yes, 1000 LP for each monster is a lot, but it's not a cost, nor is it damage. So you can always activate this card, even if you'll lose as a result. You also cannot prevent the 1000 per monster.

The fact there is absolutely NO RESTRICTION on what you can revive is what terrifies me. You can Summon monsters of any Level or Rank. Their effects are NOT negated. They do not destroy themselves, leave the Field (banish/Deck/hand, anything) at the End Phase, or anything like that. You can Summon any number of monsters with the effect. You have no Summoning restrictions, so feel free to Xyz or Synchro with those monsters.

You are not forced to Summon "as many as possible", so you can be as selective as you want. The only restriction is no Battle Phase, and only 1 copy per turn.

Honestly, I think this card is awesome, and I sincerely doubt many Decks will use it. But the Decks that will want to use it will LOVE using it. I can see Gimmick Puppets using this, as they toss tons of stuff to the Graveyard and don't particularly need the Battle Phase half the time anyway. And then they can do some cool Xyz stuff. Also, they have Puppet Ritual, which requires you to have 2000 or more LP less than your opponent.

Got to admit, I'm a bit horrified by this card.

Yes, 1000 LP for each monster is a lot, but it's not a cost, nor is it damage. So you can always activate this card, even if you'll lose as a result. You also cannot prevent the 1000 per monster.

The fact there is absolutely NO RESTRICTION on what you can revive is what terrifies me. You can Summon monsters of any Level or Rank. Their effects are NOT negated. They do not destroy themselves, leave the Field (banish/Deck/hand, anything) at the End Phase, or anything like that. You can Summon any number of monsters with the effect. You have no Summoning restrictions, so feel free to Xyz or Synchro with those monsters.

You are not forced to Summon "as many as possible", so you can be as selective as you want. The only restriction is no Battle Phase, and only 1 copy per turn.

Honestly, I think this card is awesome, and I sincerely doubt many Decks will use it. But the Decks that will want to use it will LOVE using it. I can see Gimmick Puppets using this, as they toss tons of stuff to the Graveyard and don't particularly need the Battle Phase half the time anyway. And then they can do some cool Xyz stuff. Also, they have Puppet Ritual, which requires you to have 2000 or more LP less than your opponent.

It's funny how a seemingly broken card like this would best fit in a deck that is already filled with a band of gimmicks.

But people will use this card right away by first sight, and soon when broken field setups are starting to become more less common then it dims down to what makes LP saving and BP prevention manageable and super spam great.

I sincerely doubt many Decks will use it

Theoretically, any deck could use this.
I mean, as long as the Summoned monster can serve as [X], then you've basically accomplished your goal of being able to do [Y].
Hell, even if you just use this to revive 2 monsters to make something like Ark, to which, then eats an opponent's monster, the 2000 drawback and lack of Battle Phase hardly matters.

Also, apparently some guys on DNF thought it was funny that you can use Kuribandit to mill out Obelisk and Slifer, activate this to summon them and 3 other random ones, Tribute summon them for Ra and then get into Horakthy. This is going to be released into OCG as well, so there's another thing being looked forward to there.

Also, apparently some guys on DNF thought it was funny that you can use Kuribandit to mill out Obelisk and Slifer, activate this to summon them and 3 other random ones, Tribute summon them for Ra and then get into Horakthy. This is going to be released into OCG as well, so there's another thing being looked forward to there.

c1c.jpg

Oh, I'm sure some Decks will use it, since it's something that does a ridiculous amount, and can benefit almost anyone. But I don't think it'll break the game, on the basis that you cannot consistently use it late-game. If you took too much damage early on, you'll never be able to use this.

But...it's still ridiculously good. I'll probably even use one in my Galaxy Deck, because that type of Deck would adore being able to spam from the Graveyard out of nowhere without negating effects. I'll revive Galaxy Wizard, Galaxy-Eyes, and Galaxy Soldier. Soldier's effect lets me grab a Galaxy monster. How about a Galaxy Knight? Normal Summon it, revive another Galaxy-Eyes from my Graveyard. Wizard can search something. I can Overlay for any Rank 8 I want.

Uh-oh...if I can think of how abusable it is in GALAXY Decks, some Decks can abuse it even MORE.

Horakty.dek might now be a thing.

I'mma just line up one way that only works in a vacuum to get us started.

1. Lavalval Chain eff x2 (dump obelisk, slifer)
  2. Add a material for another use x2 (topdeck Ra, then Horakhty)
  3. -4000 to Special from graveyard Obelisk, Slifer, and the original Chain materials
  4. Tribute Chain and materials for Ra, Summon Horakhty

But I don't think it'll break the game, on the basis that you cannot consistently use it late-game.

You can't consistently use Dark Armed Dragon late game either, yet it pretty much defined the era.

I was thinking it might be difficult to activate early game because your graveyard is usually fuller during the end of a duel then the beginning.

Then I remember cards like Trade-in, Destiny Draw and the like existed and remembered how stupid I was, and then remembered there were lots of cards in this set like Mathematician and Kuribandit that can also speed up the process.

Silly broken overpowered card...

in my opinion

Super Secret Bonus:

Soul Charge + Hope for an Escape = +8 (five monsters, 3 cards you draw)

Archived