KONAMI

Stephane Labossiere

Question

9 answers to this question

Konami only had one contest for fanmade cards, and that was back in 2007 (winners ended up as US exclusives in Gladiator Assault). Otherwise, they don't take any cards that come out of here.

If by a slip of chance, Konami makes a new contest (which is unlikely for now), do what Vector mentioned in their post: make sure you know how to write OCG properly, read Aix's guide in the Realistic Section and understand why cards are what they are. It helps if you post your cards in RC first and see what we think BEFORE you ever consider sending it to Konami. Most of the time, you will need improvements before it can be considered perfect.

As for Armz's question, I sure wouldn't like cards like that floating around in the real game. Cards like Chaos Emperor are OPed enough as is.

(Granted though, Japan has had some contests with kids designing cards for the anime...which in turn, end up in the game at some point)

I wanna know how to send my yugioh cards to konami for approval

No.

I can assure you that there are many, many people before you who had the same thought. "Hey, I am awesome at making cards! Heh, compared to the real cards, my cards are made of pure amazing! Clearly I should sell them to the company that makes the TCG and get rich!"

First, I'll tell you in advance that you aren't anywhere near as good as you think you are. The fact that you made this post the way you did is pretty much automatic proof of that.

Second, since you probably aren't convinced that you are bad at this. Things don't work that way. Konami, and any other TCG company out there, does not aim to make "good" cards. Their aim is as follows:

1) Create a sustainable gamestate
2) Appeal to as broad an audience as possible
3) Continuously create the 'need' to 'upgrade' into new products
4) Make money
5) Make more money
6) Make money in as easy and cheap a way as possible
7) MAKE MORE MONEY

When you see broken cards floating around, or useless cards that are simply set padding; they don't exist because the designers are bad. They exist because the designers need to make long-term money off this. There's a pretty well thought-out system in place for accomplishing this. Just being able to think up good / balanced cards and effects is a small cog in the big machine.

Start by trying to make cards that people here approve of. If you do that, then you've taken the first step in a long, long road that might one day lead you to the point where Konami actually reads something you wrote to them, before tossing it away and forgetting about it 2 seconds later.

Wow I should become a motivational speaker really

Konami don't tend to use fanmade cards, unless there was a specific contest for them. This site is not affiliated with Konami, so you would need to find the address yourself.

This is kind...

No.

I can assure you that there are many, many people before you who had the same thought. "Hey, I am awesome at making cards! Heh, compared to the real cards, my cards are made of pure amazing! Clearly I should sell them to the company that makes the TCG and get rich!"

First, I'll tell you in advance that you aren't anywhere near as good as you think you are. The fact that you made this post the way you did is pretty much automatic proof of that.

Second, since you probably aren't convinced that you are bad at this. Things don't work that way. Konami, and any other TCG company out there, does not aim to make "good" cards. Their aim is as follows:

1) Create a sustainable gamestate
2) Appeal to as broad an audience as possible
3) Continuously create the 'need' to 'upgrade' into new products
4) Make money
5) Make more money
6) Make money in as easy and cheap a way as possible
7) MAKE MORE MONEY

When you see broken cards floating around, or useless cards that are simply set padding; they don't exist because the designers are bad. They exist because the designers need to make long-term money off this. There's a pretty well thought-out system in place for accomplishing this. Just being able to think up good / balanced cards and effects is a small cog in the big machine.

Start by trying to make cards that people here approve of. If you do that, then you've taken the first step in a long, long road that might one day lead you to the point where Konami actually reads something you wrote to them, before tossing it away and forgetting about it 2 seconds later.

Wow I should become a motivational speaker really

... and this is truth.

Archived